View Full Version : AIDA vs Zapero, Good vs Bad! niconico

Silver Crow
May 15, 2014, 08:29 AM
Found this on niconico, AIDA vs Zapero

【PSO2】ハッキング時のブロック20-容疑者在り-【Ship2】 http://nico.ms/sm23556919 #nicoid #sm23556919

Who won?

Rien
May 15, 2014, 08:35 AM
uh it's just AIDA trying to do crowd control while Zapero messes with code and numbers and things.

'-'

yoshiblue
May 15, 2014, 09:01 AM
Now it just needs the Epic Rap Battle announcer.

Stickboy
May 15, 2014, 09:02 AM
lol, dat sega choice

Hobu
May 15, 2014, 09:16 AM
So uh, I didn't watch the whole thing. Wtf happened in the video?

Silver Crow
May 15, 2014, 09:24 AM
So uh, I didn't watch the whole thing. Wtf happened in the video?

ionno some JP people filming it, saying Zapero will get BNA! they meant BAN. AIDA defending our gaijin glory, showing were not all bad, I cant read the kanji very well but he/she was just calming everyone down and explaining that Zapero was just playing around. thats pretty much all I gathered o.o and AIDA being boss, Zapero trying to argue that what he does is no different from what AIDA does, which is farrrr from the truth ^^

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 15, 2014, 09:50 AM
Basically Zap trying to take as many people down with his shit as possible.

ArataWata
May 15, 2014, 10:46 AM
The Japanese community doesn't think to highly of us, don't they?

Z-0
May 15, 2014, 11:14 AM
JP community just think B20 is bad (probably because it is), they don't hate foreigners (except ones who join JP parties without understanding the description).

Zona
May 15, 2014, 11:24 AM
Although don't know what happend,I just vote for SEGAY~

Sizustar
May 15, 2014, 11:26 AM
The Japanese community doesn't think to highly of us, don't they?

Majority don't care, and don't mind.
As long as you don't randomly join MPA with specific goal, and don't troll them.

GHNeko
May 15, 2014, 12:04 PM
I've been meaning to ask. What is MPA standfor?

I never saw a definition listed anywhere lol.

Punisher106
May 15, 2014, 12:17 PM
I've been meaning to ask. What is MPA standfor?

I never saw a definition listed anywhere lol.

Should be easy to put together. Multi-party area.

GHNeko
May 15, 2014, 12:20 PM
Silly me.

My thought process lead me to think of something like MA4 from PSO. I dont know why.

That's probably why I didn't piece it together immediately.

Thanks!

Reser
May 15, 2014, 12:42 PM
Just had 3 EQ boss's die instantly, Asked whoever it was hacking to stop, then when I was in lobby I got the "incapacitation" menu as I was apparently dead?

I thought this sort of shit was over?

Chdata
May 15, 2014, 01:49 PM
You made yourself a target by complaining.

Smart neutral people report silently ;p
(Not that reporting them stops alt accounts)

Also, even EN players hate B20.

B20 is like B01 except "new players" can span from level 1-70 as there seems to be quite a few people in the block still unused to the game by the time their maxed.

Ship02 B20 happens to be the EN hacker den, cause it's the location where the most people can understand their language.

Nitro Vordex
May 15, 2014, 01:57 PM
Zapero trying to argue that what he does is no different from what AIDA does, which is farrrr from the truth ^^
Well AIDA does kind of modify the game. So I guess that's technically true, but the morality behind the two people differ.

Totori
May 15, 2014, 02:06 PM
Yeah, might be modifying, but you know it's not only AIDA that does that right? They are making a translation patch. That's not in the same ground as actively hacking the game, for boost such as speed hacks or disabling services.

Zapero is modifying the game for malicious means, that's not the same as AIDA's item injection. It's not malicious, sure it changes memory but that's it.

Powder Keg
May 15, 2014, 02:07 PM
I voted all three options because you didn't create the poll correctly.

Unless, of course, everyone won.

Silver Crow
May 15, 2014, 02:41 PM
I voted all three options because you didn't create the poll correctly.

Unless, of course, everyone won.

the poll is an illusion

Shadowth117
May 15, 2014, 02:52 PM
Well AIDA does kind of modify the game. So I guess that's technically true, but the morality behind the two people differ.

As someone else said, its really not the same thing. The Eng patch as whole, including the item translation, only modifies stuff on our end and even then only edits aesthetic things really (parts of it can send server eng names at times, but that doesn't really affect much). It doesn't enable the player to do anything that the Japanese aren't able to do besides read the game in English and display a few things in English through commands that would be in Japanese normally.

And then you have the PSO-HACK group who goes and gives themselves infinite PP, physics edits, change the speed the game runs at, and move objects around in the lobby. All things that aren't possible for a normal player.

The game is being modified technically in both cases, but there's a clear difference in scale and behavior which is probably why SEGA doesn't gaf about English patch.

Vampy
May 15, 2014, 03:00 PM
This doesn't reflect my views at all but he isn't entirely wrong about him and AIDA doing the same thing them and people are working on the patches are messing with the games code and should be banned along with us using tweaker and patches. I doubt sega is ignorant to this and are probably unwilling to ban us because one they would be klling some of their cash flow two because it doesn't break the game like zappy does. Not going to bother using his name he doesn't deserve to be named he is like a virus that never goes away.

Now here is my personal view even though AIDA and the rest working on tweaker/patches are messing with in game data they are benevolent and only working to make the game as accessible as possible to the foreign community while keeping the game unchanged aside from language so we feel what the JP do. We have to go through the same struggles even though it is more accessible it would be no more accessible than it is to player born and raised in japan.

Zappy is like a malignant tumor if you do not cut him off and destroy any trace of him he will only cause more harm and spread like cancer infecting other players minds making it 'okay' to do this because they are 'bored' maybe they are maybe they want to do harm we don't know. The issue is as time goes by it will only get worse the view on the english speakers will only get worse they will find more creative ways to damage to the point ship 2 might become unplayable as much as we would love to play we might not be able to.

Powder Keg
May 15, 2014, 03:07 PM
I didn't watch this "epic hacker battle" but am I close in saying it went something like this?

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i194/arabian_disco/tumblr_n1ma0qvq0P1rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg

gigawuts
May 15, 2014, 03:08 PM
Qualified surgeons with minimal mortality rates and axe murderers both cut people open, but nobody debates over which is good there.

How is this a problem again?

Totori
May 15, 2014, 03:09 PM
Well here is the major problem with that, you CANNOT detect who is using the english patch. Due to the files being decrypted so they look just like the normal files.

Making a patch isn't messing with the game's code, as you might think. It's just editing files, all the coding is still in place. (Besides AIDA's item patch that is different)

Sure it's breaking the rules, but SEGA can't prove you are doing so, so there really isn't anything they can do about the English Patch.

This petty attempt at hacking, that Zapero and the rest are up to, isn't going to make the who ship unplayable, it's simple what people need to do. Ignore him, report him, and he'll lose interest. Stay off the same block as he is on, and you'll be a-okay.

Vampy
May 15, 2014, 03:23 PM
He is ruining basic functions like the visiphone being in a different block isn't going to save you then. The problem is how deep are they going to go before they break something? Ignoring doesn't always solve these issues it only makes them fester. Maybe I am overreacting but the last game I played that this went un addressed became an unplayable mess.

Cyron Tanryoku
May 15, 2014, 04:01 PM
white foreigner ban yo

Vampy
May 15, 2014, 04:06 PM
white foreigner ban yo

That means I am safe then :3

In all seriousness sega does need to figure out a way to handle people like zappy. I'm tired of hearing about this dude.

SilenWhisper
May 15, 2014, 04:36 PM
So in a way,AIDA's a hacker & zap's a cracker?

BIG OLAF
May 15, 2014, 04:40 PM
So, a "hacker war" is basically...

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/Delicious%20Drama/LightsaberBattle.gif?t=1400189983

Also, forum fights are that too.

tuxdude143
May 15, 2014, 04:47 PM
That means I am safe then :3

In all seriousness sega does need to figure out a way to handle people like zappy. I'm tired of hearing about this dude.

This. I couldn't agree more. When hackers start messing with other peoples games is where we all get annoyed.

btw-Niji
May 15, 2014, 04:58 PM
I think Zapero won.

Alukard
May 15, 2014, 05:03 PM
Is zapero zipzo?

Chdata
May 15, 2014, 05:15 PM
Is zipzo z-0?

Sizustar
May 15, 2014, 05:27 PM
So, a "hacker war" is basically...

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/Delicious%20Drama/LightsaberBattle.gif?t=1400189983

Also, forum fights are that too.

Something like the Matrix?
Aida is the one?

GHNeko
May 15, 2014, 05:42 PM
Humor me for a moment, guys. Turn the sarcasm and baka gaijin dial down to 0 for a minute or two.

How well a concentrated effort on PSOW's part to contact SegaC / PSO2 dev/support team and give them as much of the details of the issues possible would work out?

A group of foreigners all swamp PSO2 Support / SegaC with an email, saying "Hey! We are foreigners. So and So on website are doing hacks. We're concerned about this. Here are the details regarding them and issues. Please fix this. Do not ban us. We're trying to help."

I ask this more as a passing shower-thought simply because I don't expect everyone from Sega involved in PSO2 to be fluent in english and I also expect them to be rash and prone to the fastest, but inappropriate solution.

However, they're aware we exist. And they're clearly turning a huge blind eye to us, despite them moving forward with technicalities (TOS changes made specifically against us.)

So it's not like they dont want us, but rather that they dont care for us. Like that fictitious relationship where the couple really don't care for each other but remain in each other's presence because it's convenient.

However, in our case, one person owns the house the other lives in and can kick them out at a moments notice if they so please.

Sizustar
May 15, 2014, 05:52 PM
Humor me for a moment, guys. Turn the sarcasm and baka gaijin dial down to 0 for a minute or two.

How well a concentrated effort on PSOW's part to contact SegaC / PSO2 dev/support team and give them as much of the details of the issues possible would work out?

A group of foreigners all swamp PSO2 Support / SegaC with an email, saying "Hey! We are foreigners. So and So on website are doing hacks. We're concerned about this. Here are the details regarding them and issues. Please fix this. Do not ban us. We're trying to help."

I ask this more as a passing shower-thought simply because I don't expect everyone from Sega involved in PSO2 to be fluent in english and I also expect them to be rash and prone to the fastest, but inappropriate solution.

However, they're aware we exist. And they're clearly turning a huge blind eye to us, despite them moving forward with technicalities (TOS changes made specifically against us.)

So it's not like they dont want us, but rather that they dont care for us. Like that fictitious relationship where the couple really don't care for each other but remain in each other's presence because it's convenient.

However, in our case, one person owns the house the other lives in and can kick them out at a moments notice if they so please.

If you sent in a email or support ticket in English, they'll just ask you to reply in Japanese.

They know there's foreign player, and they don't care.

tuxdude143
May 15, 2014, 05:56 PM
Well I've sent them an email about this in japanese telling them as much as I can about the said issue. I have no clue if its gonna do anything but here's hoping.

Nitro Vordex
May 15, 2014, 06:02 PM
Yeah, might be modifying, but you know it's not only AIDA that does that right? They are making a translation patch. That's not in the same ground as actively hacking the game, for boost such as speed hacks or disabling services.

Zapero is modifying the game for malicious means, that's not the same as AIDA's item injection. It's not malicious, sure it changes memory but that's it.
So we agree then.

As someone else said, its really not the same thing. The Eng patch as whole, including the item translation, only modifies stuff on our end and even then only edits aesthetic things really (parts of it can send server eng names at times, but that doesn't really affect much). It doesn't enable the player to do anything that the Japanese aren't able to do besides read the game in English and display a few things in English through commands that would be in Japanese normally.

And then you have the PSO-HACK group who goes and gives themselves infinite PP, physics edits, change the speed the game runs at, and move objects around in the lobby. All things that aren't possible for a normal player.

The game is being modified technically in both cases, but there's a clear difference in scale and behavior which is probably why SEGA doesn't gaf about English patch.
So we agree then.

Infiniteque
May 15, 2014, 06:41 PM
What is this topic about? I'm absolutely confused since I can't watch the video.

Chdata
May 15, 2014, 06:44 PM
The video is just a bunch of people standing in the lobby as a JP records Zapero and AIDA talking and mostly people insulting hackers.

Sizustar
May 15, 2014, 06:44 PM
What is this topic about? I'm absolutely confused since I can't watch the video.

It's about the video.
It's a japnese player recording the conservation/typing match between Aida and Zapero

Xenobia
May 15, 2014, 07:31 PM
Hmm, PSO will probably never come away from its "the dirty EN players" image. However, in the past i would say not a single modification was valid, it was more or less simply gaining advantage and nothing else.

But the newest PSO is different, unfortunately for several years already Sega isnt bothering for EN players at all, they apparently just dont care. Aida is doing massive contributions solving the issue and its one of the rare modifications i do truly appreciate.

I still dont know Segas true mentality when it comes to the whole issue but apparently they had in mind to build the "great wall of china" but this time the japanese version. Its created for japanese people so it will stay japanese. But such a view is unrealistic in todays global world, they should know it very well. So i dunno whats going on and i will try so put my nose into the issue in term i get a opportunity. ;)

Anyway, i do approve Aida's (and co) modder work, others (abusive or inferior) work i may not and it may only destroy peoples gaming experience. Being right or wrong is sometimes a ridge walk, but ultimately its the genuine motivation that counts.