PDA

View Full Version : Character classes: All for one, or one for all?

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2014, 02:33 PM
We all know about how your character can do any class at any time. However, I'm curious to see if you all consider this when creating a character. Do you have a specific class in mind for that character, or do you plan to have them do everything?

Totori
May 17, 2014, 02:39 PM
I try to stick to a specific class for each character. It doesn't match with my character to move from casting Techniques to swinging a giant sword around.

Requiem Aeternam
May 17, 2014, 02:43 PM
I usually select what classes I want my characters to focus on before I make them. I choose the classes I want by finding a Mag I like (I'm not a fan of any of the Mag cells except Sato as I like my Mags changing colour). Not the best way but I just play for fun really. I still level up the other classes when I feel like using them but want to stick with my current character.

Zyrusticae
May 17, 2014, 03:16 PM
All of my characters are split based on their focus.

Teranu is striking, hence Hu/Fi/Br.
Aiza is technique, hence Fo/Te.
Liza is ranged, hence Gu/Ra/Br (maybe in the future, if I ever start caring about bows)

I don't ever let them deviate from this. No Ra/Hu, no Fo/Fi, none of that.

Chdata
May 17, 2014, 03:18 PM
All for one - All classes for one...?
One for all - One player for all classes...?

My main is all-class. If she weren't, it would suck if I got 12* weapons I don't need.

Subsequent characters will be specialized based on what's OP.

Xaeris
May 17, 2014, 03:23 PM
I feel the same as has been mentioned. Each of my characters has a general theme behind their combat, and short of leveling subclasses, doesn't deviate from it. Cherise shoots things, Vivica punches things and Johann sets them on fire. Or, these days, gropes them with a magic ghost hand.

Z-0
May 17, 2014, 03:34 PM
I personally just pick one stat focus for my characters. My cast is only melee/ranged because I decided I didn't want to level melee subs on my ranged character, and my dewman is allclass because I really wanted to shift from multiple characters to just one, but I got lazy levelling him and decided it would be a shame to ditch old characters. (´・ω・`)

Gardios
May 17, 2014, 04:28 PM
My human focuses on being a tanky support and tech damage, so I'm focussing HU, TE and FO as his main class. CAST is shooting damqge, so RA and GU. And Dewman is just BR, but I might level FI for her as well.

Macman
May 17, 2014, 05:05 PM
Main does everything
Alt is FO/TE

Though I'm at that awkward moment right now where everything on my main is capped except FO/TE so I have to consider how to divvy up equipment. Starting to feel the desire to just forgo FO and TE entirely on my main (he's a cast anyway) from here on.

Evangelion X.XX
May 17, 2014, 05:15 PM
I only have one human(average)-female character that does everything from melee to range... whatever. I like to have all my resources focused on one character, plus, I don't want to go through the hassle of leveling up a different character and doing MB's all over again for campaign/arks bingo stuff... I guess for me it's just too tedious, even though I understand that you'll have more chances at getting that 12* weapon.

Rakurai
May 17, 2014, 05:30 PM
Focusing on R-ATK based classes with my human male, and focusing on techs for my newman female.

Reyva
May 17, 2014, 08:43 PM
Eh used to do the character thing.......but....

Cast M (Launch time) - Supposed to be my tank since I wanted to tank, but that fell through due to PSO2's no need of a tank character. Left at 40 hunter.

Newman F (Launch time) - Supposed to be my force. Ditched after the whole racial stats really didn't mean jack + that Newman HP was just too crappy. Would of understood if the damage difference was big like PSU. Dewman took her over. Retired at 40

Fem-cast (Current) - Jack of all trades. Made her jack of all trades because casts get to enjoy both cast parts and fleshie outfits so I can get my wish of mixing and matching and being a fleshie if I want

Doodooman F (Current) - Out of boredom. Jack of all trades. Replaced my newman F. Mainly for wearing fleshie specific outfits. Semi retired though cuz I really don't play on her like I used to and my cast was 64 Force vs my dewman which is 50.

Cast M (current) - Joke character. Bought 500 ac just so I can make him look like a certain somebody + Gear from Xenogears. That and the fact I can dress him up in both fleshie + cast parts.

Pretty much the current crap is on one account and the other two are on different accounts. Got 3 accounts total. Tbh, I can't have any more than this due to stupid prices on accessories, hairstyles, costumes, etc. I went in thinking cast M crap was gonna be cheap but wasn't. Silly hairstyles that cost 99 mil meseta that I bought or got through scratch for cheap.

So yeah, in your normal game, I'd probably spread it out since I don't like playing the same crap all the time, but tbh all you need is Cast + one fleshie toon and you're golden. Anything after that is a waste or both time and $ imo, but to each their own.

Mega Ultra Chicken
May 17, 2014, 08:55 PM
I tried doing "all for one" on Mazarin... but it didn't stick. He has at least some EXP in every class, but my alts each specialize in something he can't do, at least at a high level. Arlene Crow is a focused GU/RA while Mazarin leans toward GU/HU (on the rare occasion he even goes Gunner,) E. Kohler is a higher-leveled Braver... that I prefer using Bows when playing, and Yucca is a focused Melee Techer build.

Luca, my Ship 10 character, mains FO/TE while Force is merely an alternate class for Mazarin.

Ultimately, I keep thinking I would do "all for one" and end up taking the "one for all" route instead. Maybe it's all the juicy Koffie EXP that new characters get. I still need a character that focuses on Hunter or Ranger, though... maybe a Caseal that does both.

Rien
May 17, 2014, 10:24 PM
I picked a caseal for my first character, so she does striking/ranged while I leave technics to my second character.

Mattykins
May 17, 2014, 11:24 PM
I almost exclusively play RA/HU, but I've started getting into GU/HU because I bought, grinded, and affixed a Guld Milla and fuck me if I'm not gonna use something I spent millions on.

Punisher106
May 17, 2014, 11:50 PM
I make my characters the same in every PS game that I play.

Ralku is a HUmar, but if there's the ability to change classes, I'll play all of them, though I'll favor HU over RA over FO.

Megigu has always been my FOnewm, so I keep him as FO/TE.

I need to pay more attention to HG-01, my RAcast. Haven't really done anything with him in the PSO2 dynasty.

GHNeko
May 18, 2014, 12:44 AM
I only have 1 character. His class is based off my preferences in RPGs which is always a Glass Canon Magic Fencer.

As such, I play BRFO in PSO2. I used to play BRTE, but I realized (or made to realize) that the TE tree wasnt a good idea for what I wanted. This was before Il techs tho. Like when the cap was 60 lol. Now that Ilmegid and Ilgrants are out, the light and dark tree in TE is more appealing, but BRFO still suits me better for what I'm trying to do.

I wont really touch any other classes except BRFO and BRTE because nothing else interests me haha. I also probably wont make another character because trying to make a decent BRFO is already time consuming as it is. I'm close to the 400 hour mark on my one character.

Dnd
May 18, 2014, 12:51 AM
My main char (newman female) plays pretty much everything aside braver and techer, focusing heavy on Fighter/Hunter

My second char (dewman female) is my braver.. which i havent properly played in months lol...

I dont really see the point of sticking to a specific class to a character, or making multiple characters for that reason, i only made my dewman because it was free, otherwise im sure my newman would be lv70 braver aswell xD

SilenWhisper
May 18, 2014, 01:02 AM
My char's a dewman Br/Te.That way, i have an all-type attacker that acts as a condition master.

GHNeko
May 18, 2014, 01:50 AM
My char's a dewman Br/Te.That way, i have an all-type attacker that acts as a condition master.

Tuuuurrnnn baaaaackkkkk.

TUUUURRRNNN BAAAAACKKKKKK.

SilenWhisper
May 18, 2014, 02:08 AM
Tuuuurrnnn baaaaackkkkk.

TUUUURRRNNN BAAAAACKKKKKK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRAI1gM7AKM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRAI1gM7AKM

IndigoNovember
May 18, 2014, 03:01 AM
For people not wanting to spend money to buy multiple mags for their characters, it's probably a good idea to stick with 1 type of attack per character.

Laxedrane
May 18, 2014, 05:51 AM
My guys and gals are hybrid themed. My main Focuses on techer however plays both melee and magic based classes.(And has a skill tree set aside should tanks ever be relevant.)

Darrin is ranged/tech but still growing so I am focusing on gunner for now however I might settle into Ra/fo once I get everything leveled.

Ismaire is melee/ranged. Haven't played in a long time so I still consider her just a concept.

bhaal
May 18, 2014, 08:10 AM
For people not wanting to spend money to buy multiple mags for their characters, it's probably a good idea to stick with 1 type of attack per character.

I only have 1 mag on Xical (r-attck/dex for Ra/Gu) and all my jobs but Br are 70 now.

Hobu
May 18, 2014, 08:17 AM
I only use 1 character, and he's purely S-atk oriented. If the Wild hair, muscular body, tattoos, and Horns don't give it away, I don't know what will.

BIG OLAF
May 18, 2014, 08:21 AM
Wild hair, muscular body, tattoos, and Horns don't give it away

That sounds delicious.

Anyway, one main melee character, one main ranged character. The melee character will eventually double as a caster when I feel like it.

RadiantLegend
May 18, 2014, 09:26 AM
Legend is striking only so Hu/Fi/Br and whatever striking comes in the future.

gigawuts
May 18, 2014, 09:49 AM
gigawuts, my glorious HUcast main, doubled as my glorious everything main. Hunter, fighter, force, techer, gunner, ranger, and braver; but mainly hunter, fighter, and force.

Then I made my duman specifically to be a casting character, relieving gigawuts of the need to worry about having enough tatk or tdef for items (until 420 tdef units HAWHAWHAW), and both characters were gun users. It was mostly gigawuts who used guns though, what with having the 175 ratk mag already and all.

Then I got raunchy and made gigabits to use guns. gigabits is gigawuts wearing caseal parts. He's a robot so she can do what I want it wants.

Now gigawuts is a glorious HUcast main again, my duman is a force, and gigabits is my gun class.

I have 3 characters and no money. Why can't I have no characters and 3 money?

BlueCast Boy
May 18, 2014, 10:27 AM
I do all class for fun but I guess I'm the only Cast focusing more on Fo and Te...

Sandmind
May 18, 2014, 12:56 PM
Chareen, being my main, is my technic focused newearl. Right now, she is eitheir a fire fofi or a wind tefi with melee on the side. And I also leveled all the other class to their 40-50s to mix with technics usage. Being freemium up to now kinda limit what I can do with her...

Tasia is my guhu focused caseal with RA on the side.

And on a 2nd account, I had a tehu caseal for fun and to test the playstyle before EP2 came out and I haven't played her in months. And I used the 2nd character slot to make Ivo Robotnik, which I started as a HU and haven't played much.

I do all class for fun but I guess I'm the only Cast focusing more on Fo and Te...

I did have shortly a FOcast when the game come out of beta, but only played a few day back then (he was themed to be an old man in an huge cyber suit, fun concept). When I came back, I deleted him and made Chareen. While I'm happy with her, I do miss that old guy, and while he was re-used as my tehu's support partner, I miss playing as him. He was so obnoxiously large and yellow.

nathanielzor
May 18, 2014, 01:09 PM
I just have one character, started as a Force, realized the class was crap, and decided to main Br/Hu until Force's finally had their time again. Now I'm rockin' Fo/Te again.

In hindsight I love the idea of having my classes correspond with the correct race. It kind of sucks being Br/Hu as a F Newman because my HP and S-ATK are lower than they could be, and that's honestly the only thing I can do at this point to get more S-ATK besides 5 slotting. I have a 50/30 CAST I could always get back to and main Br/Hu as...