PDA

View Full Version : How do you price things ?

Evex
May 19, 2014, 04:31 AM
I was just wondering how people price things in their players shops. When I get a shop three day pass I'll normally take what rares I've acquired and sell them. Granted there not the greatest rares in the game, but trying to check the prices takes to long so this is my own pricing solution.

Step 1

Check the price at the NPC shop

This will give you half the cost of a weapon, so if the npc shop is willing to give you 500 for an item its base cost is most likely 1000.

Step 2

Check if the weapon has a +1 or higher on it

From the base price we add on the cost of grinding the weapon for each + it has.

Step 3

Check if it has affixes

Again add on the cost of adding an affix to the item if it has any affixes.

Step 4

Add numbers from Step 1-3

This will give you the final price of the item.

I know this isn't the most accurate way to price things, but I'm not sure how much certain affixes would increase the cost of the weapons. Which means the prices might seem cheap to some people. Normally I'll just put cosmetics like eye lashes and other cosmetic tickets, furniture, music cds at a base price of 1500. Mostly since the market is flooded with the stuff and I just want to get rid of it.

fay
May 19, 2014, 04:38 AM
I check the shops to find the most similar item to mine and then put my price lower than theirs.

Dnd
May 19, 2014, 04:42 AM
^ pretty much this, if i can't find one similer i work out the rough cost of getting another like it and if possible without making it crazy expensive throw on some profit margin at the end

Rakurai
May 19, 2014, 05:07 AM
I just look at what's on the market then price it slightly lower then the lowest priced item.

Silver Crow
May 19, 2014, 05:52 AM
I thought this was common sense, but yeah, there are also other factors, like if you know a weapon has a certain preferable element (such as ice, wind Elysion) you can mark up/down the value compared to the market in terms of how much an element change would cost * say 0.75

but to be honest, I think most experienced sellers would just *feel* what price is right

musicmf
May 19, 2014, 06:56 AM
If it's an item that has no variables (Costume, Ticket, Photon Spheres, Grind Risk Reductions, etc.) then just look at the market, and either sell at or below it.

If it's a Weapon/Unit, you can get the minimum value by looking at the market, and seeing the minimum price.
You could sell at this price, but there are different factors that could increase the value of the item your selling.
- Grind Value? (I doubt this will ever significantly raise selling price)
- Potential Unlocked & Level?
- Element & Grind Level?
- Affixes? Junk? Ready for Completion? Complete?

Depending on these, you would increase the value of your item. But you have to be able to judge this value yourself, there's no hard rule that applies to all Weapon/Units universally.

For example; Affixes
I was looking to sell these extra 3s and 4s Elder Soul Fodders I had. (Elder/TechIII/X/X)
So I just went down the prices for "Elder Soul" until I found one with also Tech III on it. When I saw tthat there is where all of the (Elder/TechIII/X) units were, I had found the market price for them. (Currently, I'm seeing 600k + Tax)
If it were just a junk 3* unit with 4 random affixes, it would only be worth 1k meseta. But being a fodder ready unit increased the price.

Example; Element, Potential
Also, when looking at Guld Millas, I was seeing a price of 1mil for a basic Ice or Dark one. But if I were to look at a Light one, it was running around 3mil (at the time I looked)

While the Dark sits at 1mil, Dark with Potential 1 is sitting at 7mil. Now, I don't think 6mil for 10 grinds and 3 photon spheres is what the real value of that is... but I'll move on.

Tomo-Kinji
May 19, 2014, 08:07 AM
Aside from what they said, there are special case where an item is not in player shops (like very old fun scratch items or things from AC scratch, all-class wpn with unique affixes, etc), you can put any price you want.

Example: A 5slot Light ele Roundeet with Signo Soul, Mirage I and Power III. Tried searching it and found out the lowest is 300k and highest is 1m. So 300k is good starting price.