PDA

View Full Version : The dumbest thing you've seen in an EQ

Pages : [1] 2 3

Aurorra
May 20, 2014, 01:41 AM
So what's the dumbest thing you've ever seen someone doing in an EQ?

The worse thing I've seen was a Force spamming ragrants on the closed clock face of Loser.

Walkure
May 20, 2014, 01:51 AM
Rangers fighting over WB on Loser; one targetting the closed clock and the other targeting an arm.

Rendezvous
May 20, 2014, 01:53 AM
I quested on B-20.

NexusAZ
May 20, 2014, 01:53 AM
I've had a capped player standing at the spot where the crystal spawns in TD1 for the entire run. I think they grabbed about 3 crystals that spawned around them.... that was it.

btw-Niji
May 20, 2014, 02:04 AM
Team master of Code grabbing all enemies up north during TD1 wave 4 all by himself as weak GU, drags most of the enemies across 1 lane, then dies.

Ephidiel
May 20, 2014, 02:07 AM
People still keep attacking apos drios during his invincibility phase on SH

btw-Niji
May 20, 2014, 02:11 AM
Oh speaking of that,

Stupid RAs still WBing Apos tail...

Z-0
May 20, 2014, 02:22 AM
Ilmegid spammers in Tower Defense.

btw-Niji
May 20, 2014, 02:26 AM
Those spooky hands are pretty good at dragging enemies across the map.

Z-0
May 20, 2014, 02:27 AM
I heard that Bravers should never have aggro when they wanna kill with Katana Combat. That would be dumb.

Kondibon
May 20, 2014, 02:29 AM
The dumbest thing I've seen in an EQ was me.

Macman
May 20, 2014, 02:30 AM
Oh speaking of that,

Stupid RAs missing the core when Apos is down. Multiple times.

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 02:30 AM

I am guilty of this but usually have territory burst and zondeel to keep aggro away from towers with ilmegid.

Macman
May 20, 2014, 02:44 AM
I Ilmegid too but I stay where people should be attacking things anyway (near the towers, just out of reach for the mobs) so it doesn't matter if I have aggro.

Northern Heroes should only happen on wave 1 (maybe 2), they're a burden otherwise.

Cyron Tanryoku
May 20, 2014, 02:47 AM
I've seen Cyron play

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 02:51 AM
I tend to stay by the towers as well but a bit north not far north but far enough so I can zondeel enemies away from towers. Then I let loose with ilmegid and hope others can kill them before having aggro leads to my death xD

yoshiblue
May 20, 2014, 02:52 AM
The dumbest thing I've seen in an EQ was me.

I fit into this.

Stickboy
May 20, 2014, 02:52 AM
died against apos

Natsu Nem
May 20, 2014, 02:57 AM
Last TD1 I was in, there was a big group of goldras chewing on green tower. I see this Elysion user spamming Sazan with 1200 ticks, not even Zondeeling or using the barrier, just spamming Sazan.

I went up next to the guy, threw my talis, Zondeeled all the goldras, and one shotted them all with an Ilfoie.

Niagara
May 20, 2014, 03:03 AM
I also Ilmegid things in TD1 in Wave 1 and 2, mostly because I can hit the mobs hard enough.

The dumbest thing I saw in TD was this :

"bomb green"
"green"
"bomb!!"
"destroy bomb"
"bomb green!"

Nearly everyone said it, yet I was the only one who actually took the time to destroy it. Yeah.

Obviously some people want their "VIBRACE KILL POINTS".

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 03:06 AM
Uhh never really payed attention to others in EQs so probably dumbest thing is more recent people rushing wild easter under SH

seilent
May 20, 2014, 03:15 AM
i charge zondeel when wolgahda about to do air slam..

btw-Niji
May 20, 2014, 03:16 AM
Uhh never really payed attention to others in EQs so probably dumbest thing is more recent people rushing wild easter under SH
God, that is fucking dumb...

Hobu
May 20, 2014, 03:24 AM
I was risking life defending purple solo while lv55+ characters stood there and watched as Green Base exploded in smithereens. I hated it when low level characters can't even be slightly useful. Blue Base followed quickly and all was left was purple. Now I had 250% boosters on and weren't exactly worried about not getting it back. I would've gotten something great too, but you can't exactly be choosy in Tower Defense. If you abandon a party, you ain't getting a third run.

Takatsuki
May 20, 2014, 03:28 AM
The countless amount of people who run around EQs with garbage equips.

No, it's not okay that you have a Roundeet+3 with nothing but Blow Resist II and Body I in Super Hard. Get better equipment or go play on Normal where equipment like that belongs.

Also, I remember seeing someone in the White Day EQ leeching. They had NO equipment on. No weapons, no units, nothing but their costume. They weren't even trying to fight either. They were just following the group. So people called them out on it and they just ignored them. Then they died and spammed "res pls" every 2 seconds. Nobody revived them.

Also you know what else sucks to see in a SH MPA? "RandomPug's Subclass has reached level 3!"

Scarlet.Haze
May 20, 2014, 03:34 AM
SH people with +0 8* unit and unextended 7* seems to present themselves quite more often these days, and they are well over lvl 60, with costumes looking kawaii then got 1 shotted, seriously people, work on your gear before going for purrty looks.

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 03:35 AM
The countless amount of people who run around EQs with garbage equips.

No, it's not okay that you have a Roundeet+3 with nothing but Blow Resist II and Body I in Super Hard. Get better equipment or go play on Normal where equipment like that belongs.

Also, I remember seeing someone in the White Day EQ leeching. They had NO equipment on. No weapons, no units, nothing but their costume. They weren't even trying to fight either. They were just following the group. So people called them out on it and they just ignored them. Then they died and spammed "res pls" every 2 seconds. Nobody revived them.

Also you know what else sucks to see in a SH MPA? "RandomPug's Subclass has reached level 3!"

I feel like this is becoming more and more common as time goes by. Too many players rush to SH without investing time and money in to their subclass and equipment.

seilent
May 20, 2014, 03:37 AM

just now around 9 ppl just standing in front hunar, waiting him to draw swords..

rusher : " *dps* *dps* *bam* *bam*"
player : " *waiting silently, hoping for hunar draws his sword"
hunar : "there u gooo *drawing sword*"

---- completed ----
(only split second left till sword finally out)

player : " orz "

Shinamori
May 20, 2014, 03:39 AM
God, that is fucking dumb...

It's not dumb if you want to get more than 3 runs

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 03:44 AM
It is when they rush the final run after EQ is over. There are times I've gotten to the 3rd run just as it starts the EQ ends people still rush even though there is no reason to. I rather have a slower run but have more exp.

Ordy
May 20, 2014, 03:52 AM
... people still rush even though there is no reason to.

350% RDR running could be a reason

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 03:55 AM
On hard? Maybe very hard but hard?

Shinamori
May 20, 2014, 04:02 AM
It is when they rush the final run after EQ is over. There are times I've gotten to the 3rd run just as it starts the EQ ends people still rush even though there is no reason to. I rather have a slower run but have more exp.

Yeah, but most people goes for the boss rares, even though the only one that matters is the last boss.

Moocast
May 20, 2014, 04:02 AM
Watching a Hunter rush a line of dagans in wave 4 of TD1 and use Over End, and not kill a single one .-.

My face hit the desk so hard...

Edit: Oh! Watching 6/12 people in a TD2 mpa doing nothing but picking up crystals and not mobbing a single thing. On the bright side we had 5k crystals by the final wave!

Shame there was only one tower left at the end. Only 4 out of the 12 people actually used particle cannons too. :|

seilent
May 20, 2014, 04:04 AM
besides sometimes when the mobs not cleared during walking from switch to another switch, that will leads into lag / delay where the system wait for the retreating mobs to vanish then it will spawn the boss after that..

oh the topics gone to wild easter again, and again xD

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 04:10 AM
I haven't really done many EQs as of late so really all I remember is wild easter and luther and the random TD1 or TD2.

On that note should I bother with TD2 at all or are randoms still messing that up? TD1 I usually have a good mpa even if unscheduled so I know free 10*s are always worth it.

ShinKai
May 20, 2014, 04:24 AM
I had a 3rd TD2 run with only 7 people in it once. We started the EQ for laughs and actually won only losing the front gate and the front two towers on the final wave.

One other dumb thing not quite so awesome is when someone uses WB on Hunar immediately before he even gets a chance to take a step. Even better when they do that when we have a joker boost too.

Natsu Nem
May 20, 2014, 04:27 AM
Last TD1 I was in, there was a big group of goldras chewing on green tower. I see this Elysion user spamming Sazan with 1200 ticks, not even Zondeeling or using the barrier, just spamming Sazan.

I went up next to the guy, threw my talis, Zondeeled all the goldras, and one shotted them all with an Ilfoie.

A few additions to this.

First off, while I was dashing to green tower and I saw this guy Derplysion/Sazan spamming the goldra group, I wondered if this guy was an unfortunate soul who was mentored by Inazuma.

Secondly, the TD before that, there was a lightning FO who loved setting off my Zondeels. The wonderful sight of a pack of 6+ Zondeeled goldras dispersing and completely escaping my Ilfoie.

btw-Niji
May 20, 2014, 04:27 AM
There's like no reason to rush n~vh in Wild Easter. no reason to use rare boosters in vh, either.

I've seen the MPA completely skip really, really huge infected spawns and I'm like wtf, that's where the EXP is at. >_>

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 04:35 AM
There was runs where there were hoards of stage 2 and stage 3 infected enemies I was dumbfounded at how people ignored them like if they were never there.

Kamekur
May 20, 2014, 04:35 AM
It's not dumb if you want to get more than 3 runs

You can do both? Just have 1 to 3 Br spamming single kanran KC/1 Br and a Force zondeeling stuff. I've done it plenty of times.

Regarding to the thread, dumbest thing I've ever seen is a BrGu with extended lvl 3 GM (GuBr), being those +12 with react I. At Dorios. Hey, at least they were camo'd to avoid lagging MPA (yeah right)!

Shinamori
May 20, 2014, 04:41 AM
Can't do both with bad random mpas.

Kamekur
May 20, 2014, 04:43 AM
Can't do both with bad random mpas.

Friendlist/fill the Fo or Br role. Chances of someone picking up what you're trying to do are high unless you're in like b19. And it's not even necessary to be a Br, just spam AoE attacks.

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 04:51 AM
I feel most do want to do the run there is just those select few that cause the mpa to follow. Because from what I saw most I encountered were willing to run the map for exp.

Kamekur
May 20, 2014, 04:56 AM
I feel most do want to do the run there is just those select few that cause the mpa to follow. Because from what I saw most I encountered were willing to run the map for exp.

To be honest, Easter Egg gave double the exp we get now when people did full loops (because of huge darker spawns and lots of COs for them) But it's kinda hard to get 4 runs that way so people just go back and forth through the desert part. Since people are so desperate for Yasha, I just slightly "rush" (by that I mean I always stick close but stay ahead of the MPA) to trigger spawns on the way. Seems to work for me.

Chdata
May 20, 2014, 04:56 AM
Tempted to post b20's interrupt ranking keyboard warrior chat log

The rest of these are things I just thought were funny:

> People spamming Il Grants except completely missing their target as it spins around.
> No units
> +7 the weapon but don't grind the units at all (wow, grinding 3 different things must be expensive)

Also, rushing Hunar is always a bad choice. "If you want to get 3+ runs?" Rushing hunar is like completely missing a run and having wasted your time.

(Of course, the rest is fine to rush / semi-rush, at least kill the spawns between the switches).

GoldenFalcon
May 20, 2014, 05:02 AM
What's so special about waiting for Hunar to move? lol

Ordy
May 20, 2014, 05:23 AM
What's so special about waiting for Hunar to move? lol

You don't wait for Hunar to move, you wait for him to get his sword. The sword is a breakable part, which means extra drop slot.

Chdata
May 20, 2014, 05:25 AM
Breaking the sword sets a special condition that gives him a chance of dropping Elder Pain (worth about 17m).

Dunno if it also affects his Yasha drop rate... (20m)

Shinamori
May 20, 2014, 05:29 AM
I'd rather do AQs for EXP myself.
You can get Yasha with out breaking the sword, a team mate of mines got Yasha from Hunar without breaking his sword.

Silver Crow
May 20, 2014, 05:33 AM
like you've guys have mentioned, I don't get annoyed at level 50s in SH, what annoys me is their Red/crafted/ungrinded weapons/units (let's not even talk about affixes) just running around being a waste of space.

10*s drop like nothing now. they can be grinded with just +1 risk, they set your minimum damage at 90%, and sega have even raised affix chance of soul + atk3. you could literally buy/make that equipment in a days taco run (+ a few fun scratches for +1 risk) what the hell is wrong with them o.o

GHNeko
May 20, 2014, 07:21 AM
You guys sound like you have the worst fucking luck lol.

Jesus christ hahahahahaha.

#VHMasterRace

However, because I'm a scrub.

Why is Ilmegid spam bad on TD? Because it draws aggro to you?

Mattykins
May 20, 2014, 07:28 AM
I wish I could pay attention to other people, but I'm too distracted by my own fucking lag.

Oop, got killed by something that hit me 5 minutes ago. Now to wait another five for my death message to appear. >:V

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 07:28 AM
No people people usually ignore other techs which would be far more useful in certain situations like zondeel for one or just try to get the last hit to get points in TD while ignoring base defense entirely.

gigawuts
May 20, 2014, 07:54 AM
I dunno, I'm not the very best like noone ever was, but I think if you know how to aim ilmegid through lots of things and your ilmegids are popping backpacks and hockey masks on goldradas with 1 hit it seems okay to spam it to me, but I usually pug shit and keeping goldfish off of the wall is a top priority. Breaking their parts makes them stop, and then they only have eyes for you until they die (which is soon after that).

But it depends. If you're looking at a zeshrayda and some wondas, no stop. Then it's elysazan time.

omgwtflolbbl
May 20, 2014, 08:23 AM
I occasionally ran around with no rear/arm units for a while when I was leveling my other classes. It wasn't intentional, it was just that I kept forgetting about setting up my units again after switching from my Ranger. I'm pretty bad at remembering to switch units until I notice that my PP is really low.

Now I'm still often running around with the wrong units, but at least I have units on lol.

I've done DFL without any units at all lol. I didn't die, but I was wondering why the heck I was doing so little damage compared to normal.

infiniteeverlasting
May 20, 2014, 08:40 AM

Holy shit... Is this actually a thing now? Shameless outright leeching in mpas....
Anyways, the dumbest thing I've seen was a random eng player joining my goddamn TD party. I'm usually ok with this until I see that level 53 force main and 25 hunter sub. I'm still usdually ok with that as long as they try to help as much as they can.
Then it kinda got on my nerves that she kept on spamming annoying broken cheesey English autoword lines: "yay let's fight!" "You Gina dye by ma hand"
I wasn't so fussy about it and just ignored it, until she started changing costumes back and forth mid-run,
Wait there's more, she brought out a roundeet. What the fuck are you going to do with a roundeet when you're going goddamn fo/hu?
She kept on dying so I just didn't rev her afterwards. I'm too merciful too kick.

infiniteeverlasting
May 20, 2014, 08:54 AM
Breaking the sword sets a special condition that gives him a chance of dropping Elder Pain (worth about 17m).

Dunno if it also affects his Yasha drop rate... (20m)

Can anyone tell me how to say this in jpn? Cuz all the goddamn people in the mpas slaughter hunar in 5 seconds....
And his sword is something I've always wanted.

isCasted
May 20, 2014, 09:22 AM
I remember playing VH Hunar EQ back when crafting was just released. I happened to be in party with lv43/25~ Fo/Te who did 14k with fully charged Namegid on Hunar's core. I checked her equipment and saw that it was all ungrinded 8*, but talis was ExLv4.

I told that her equipment is ungrinded and it's not right to play like that in VH, and response was something like: "That's not true! My weapon is exed. Can you ex armor too? I didn't know that! Thank you!" and then party was disbanded before I could explain anything.

I hope that poor soul was saved soon enough.

GHNeko
May 20, 2014, 09:25 AM
you could have tracked her down with arks search and sent her a mail...

but then again who thinks to do that? lol

Rehal
May 20, 2014, 09:27 AM
People run for their lives when they see vibra bomb landed infront of them.

Maenara
May 20, 2014, 09:27 AM

If people leveling up is the dumbest thing you've ever seen, then you don't have a whole lot to complain about.

GHNeko
May 20, 2014, 09:34 AM
i think his complaint is that they're using a low level class as a subclass in a SH MPA.

non existant stat boosts aside. having a lvl 3 subclass means you only have like 2 points allocated to the respective skill tree...at most.

meaning you're essentially half a character. so unless you have some stupid god tier equipment and main class set up or you're a living TAS, you're essentially ball and chaining the MPA because your potency as a character is effectively halved.

this also means that the player cares so little or is not aware enough to go "let me level my subclass to 20 before i drag it into sh mpas where a majority of players have 50+/50+ characters."

i can understand his ire.

while it wouldnt bother me immediately, but if that nonsense ended up with...df luther battle timing out as a result of that drag then i'd be flustered.

anyone would understandably.

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 10:24 AM
20 minute apos dorios when all was said and done like a quarter to a third of the mpa hit like 3-5 on their sub class.

GHNeko
May 20, 2014, 10:31 AM
see. thats just irresponsible.

omgwtflolbbl
May 20, 2014, 10:32 AM
If they really want to level a super low level subclass (like sub 20), why don't they just spam normal runs using that subclass as their main class?

Dammy
May 20, 2014, 10:34 AM
Dark Falz Loser

Punisher106
May 20, 2014, 10:37 AM
>Mirage the clock
>Still see chucklefucks going for the arms
>Mirage it twice more
>Third time, I see WB on the clock for about a half second, before it's overwritten on the arms

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 10:48 AM
>Mirage the clock
>Mirage it twice more
>Third time, I see WB on the clock for about a half second, before it's overwritten on the arms

Maybe people want it's stones not every player zerg rushes luther some only have just one character so they want to get the most out of the one run they do. That doesn't seem all that dumb to me they just want to maximize their gains. Since I heard with every arm break drops get increased.

Bellion
May 20, 2014, 10:49 AM
Breaks lead to more grinders and units, apparently.

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 10:52 AM
My experience with luther is limited because life has kept me from playing so I wouldn't know.

GHNeko
May 20, 2014, 10:56 AM
Ive had the same experience. or at least something very similar.

our problem was that people kept going for the arms...even after hitting the 5 min left mark.

the clock was only opened twice. i was the only FO. i used a million zans too.

its fine to focus on the arms for loot drops but only for so long. if there is 5 mins left you focus on the core lol.

no one did.

Maenara
May 20, 2014, 10:58 AM
If they really want to level a super low level subclass (like sub 20), why don't they just spam normal runs using that subclass as their main class?

Which is better, going from level 60/40 to 61/43, or 40/60 to 41/60 in a similar amount of time?

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 11:04 AM
I find it hard to open the core not entirely sure if my techer tree that is dark focused affects how well my zan works in general at opening the clock or if I am handling it the wrong way. Can anyone explain to me how to effectively open the clock as a Fo/Te?

XPKun
May 20, 2014, 11:13 AM
I find it hard to open the core not entirely sure if my techer tree that is dark focused affects how well my zan works in general at opening the clock or if I am handling it the wrong way. Can anyone explain to me how to effectively open the clock as a Fo/Te?

I use sazan+zanverse while using elysion. Seems pretty okay. I assume it will be almost, if not just as good when using rods/talises anyway since it's rng. I really hope people stop using zan though. When too many zans are in the screen, the JA circle doesn't appear anymore (for me at least :<).

Maenara
May 20, 2014, 11:13 AM

If it's not a wind technic, then it's not going to open the clock. End of story.

I use Zan and Ilzan. Pretty much any wind technic works just as well, it doesn't matter, because if you aren't getting enough hits in for 3x mirage within 30 minutes, you're doing something very wrong.

Daiyousei
May 20, 2014, 11:37 AM
>Mirage the clock
>Mirage it twice more

Though at least break the clock first, it'll make everything after it much less tedious.

Also dumbest thing I've seen? someone Shunkaing into boss attacks.

SakoHaruo
May 20, 2014, 11:46 AM
Dumbest? Probably a sword PA. Yeah, Overend takes it.

Hobu
May 20, 2014, 11:47 AM
Dumbest? Probably a sword PA. Yeah, Overend takes it.

Not if you're hitting the right place at the right given moment.

Dnd
May 20, 2014, 11:55 AM
Stupid things in EQ's.... oh boy.

People afk at the teleport spot in to TD1/TD2, i generally drag afew mobs over and try and kill them so they dont get exp for leeching.

People using ilgrants in TD2 when all the walls are up, because panicing a bunch of bombbugs to smash a wall in and ignore my warcry is the best thing am i right?

Watching 6-7 people try and zerg hunar in wild easter, only to die when he does his AoE groundslam attack and all get KO'd, that amuses me greatly.

People who insisted for over a year that elder arms had to be broken to increase the drop-rate of 11/12*s when for all that time it was proven false - that was just dumb and really annoyed me.

Forces not using zondeel/ilzan to pull stuff away from TD towers/walls and doing a crazy small amount of damage instead with other techs.

Low level subs/hard mode gear in SH doesnt bother me as long as the person in question doesnt play stupidly, which, is never nearly the case.

Also I didn't read the thread past page 1, so probably been repeated a thousand times over by now i suppose, i'd put more but huge wall of text's arent great.

Edit: Sword PA's are nice when used right, unfortunately people are generally still in the mindset of OE everything everytime

Ephidiel
May 20, 2014, 12:39 PM
I remebered something that happens far too often

Ra fighting over weakbullets

Bellion
May 20, 2014, 12:40 PM
Obnoxious autowords and toge spamming that ends up covering half your screen making it difficult to see things.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up105776.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Punisher106
May 20, 2014, 12:42 PM
Maybe people want it's stones not every player zerg rushes luther some only have just one character so they want to get the most out of the one run they do. That doesn't seem all that dumb to me they just want to maximize their gains. Since I heard with every arm break drops get increased.

More like I'm trying to make the fight 500 times easier. Get one permanent break out of the way, and do whatever. We fucking timed out on that fight.

nathanielzor
May 20, 2014, 12:51 PM
Rangers without maxed WB.

Ephidiel
May 20, 2014, 12:57 PM
I usually complaim when I see md2 mpas with mostly lv50 mains
Until I noticed I did the same with my second character since then I dont mind it as long
As they play smart and dont die
Thanks to knowledge about the game I do alot of damage with 57/30 Gu/Br
And I cant be the only one who knows how to handle low level class on SH
Though if I'm on a vitablock and the players are 50ish the mining is doomed

omgwtflolbbl
May 20, 2014, 01:00 PM
Which is better, going from level 60/40 to 61/43, or 40/60 to 41/60 in a similar amount of time?

If there are that many crappy people running SH doritos, then you're not making it from 60 to 61 anyways.

Also, I specifically said classes that are sub-20 for a reason. At those levels, the exp from N doritos is pretty significant and you really aren't going to slow down the people spamming it. It takes just a couple of 60s to burn them down before they can even put up their shields, and you usually get constant 12 mans running through these even on SH blocks. You can easily get like 6-8 levels when you're sub 20 rushing N doritos, and you're not weighing down the MPA. So if these people want to level these super low level classes, why not just do N doritos?

In contrast, when you have these people doing these horrible 10-20 minute doritos runs... you're getting crap exp anyways, even for your main class, and you're not going to meet the minimum requirement for max DFL loot at that rate. In fact, you'd probably barely be getting any more exp overall than straight spamming N doritos without even switching your main class to your sub.

seilent
May 20, 2014, 01:54 PM
Obnoxious autowords and toge spamming that ends up covering half your screen making it difficult to see things.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up105776.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

ahhh.. this
i saw him keep spamming chat and keep saying "mirage the clock" countless times, while i saw every else is busy with sazan and apparently switched to gizan so he can see it and leave from mpa..

if he got time to complain like that, better go make mirage weap then spam it to the core xD

Miyuki_Kamiko
May 20, 2014, 01:57 PM
id say the stupidest thing ive seen in an EQ was during TD1 we were having a great run the rare vibrace showed up all of a sudden we get like 2 mins of pure lag after the lag ends almost all the towers were destroyed and 6 people were dced

Gardios
May 20, 2014, 02:02 PM

Man, I can tolerate a lot, but this woud've made me furious.

EvilMag
May 20, 2014, 02:07 PM

That's so god damn annoying when everyone has their rare pick up AW in public chat when trying to pick up my TD loot.

Chdata
May 20, 2014, 02:11 PM

The other day, SA and cut-ins covering my screen making me unable to aim grants at the first lilipa button ;o;

Can anyone tell me how to say this in jpn? Cuz all the goddamn people in the mpas slaughter hunar in 5 seconds....
And his sword is something I've always wanted.

I just google translated lol

/a wait to break his sword for 20m drop 20Mドロップ用の剣を破るのを待つ

Z-0
May 20, 2014, 02:33 PM
I just say:

ヒューナルの剣お願いします

which means "Hunar's Sword please".

omgwtflolbbl
May 20, 2014, 02:41 PM
Edit: Probably bad taste lol

gigawuts
May 20, 2014, 02:48 PM
I just say:

ヒューナルの剣お願いします

mfw i could read this

i may not be taking an active approach, but I'm definitely picking things up little by little

DJcooltrainer
May 20, 2014, 03:02 PM
Dumbest thing I've seen in an EQ? Losing the green tower to a vibrace bomb during TD2 when we should have finished with an S ranking. So frustrating. I feel like I need to have some SA shortcuts ready to call out bombs and infections during TD2, especially.

Maenara
May 20, 2014, 03:08 PM
Dumbest thing I've seen in an EQ? Losing the green tower to a vibrace bomb during TD2 when we should have finished with an S ranking. So frustrating. I feel like I need to have some SA shortcuts ready to call out bombs and infections during TD2, especially.

If people can't help break a bomb when there is literally nothing in terms of enemies besides Vibrace, who gives a fucking massive tell before launching a bomb, they sure as hell can't help if you use an SA.

DJcooltrainer
May 20, 2014, 03:14 PM
Yeah, you're probably right. I would've gone after it myself, but I was the only one defending the blue tower :-( I have no idea how the MPA managed to do so well up to that point.

red1228
May 20, 2014, 03:23 PM
Six or more fresh Lv50's in Super Hard EQs with less than mediocre equipment (7* / 8* with no grinds or affixes relevant to their class) that die more than three times per run.
I know not everyone can afford / be so lucky as to have all 11* gear with AttackIII + Soul + AbilityIII + Boost on everything (I know I sure as hell don't), but these players aren't contributing & they're just wasting my time repeatedly dropping their faces into the dirt.
Go back to Very Hard where your damage is somewhat (shitty gear is still shitty gear) more relevant. You're not likely to get those 10* / 11* anyway, with Sega/c's less than 1% drop rates... Just don't show up, please.

Also, players who LEAVE an EQ that isn't being done for them in less than 10 minutes. All you're doing is making a bunch of half-empty MPAs & then no one gets shit done. Stop it.

Chdata
May 20, 2014, 03:39 PM
B20 random dies in A1 and noone revives him.

B20 random dies solo in lilipa TA trap.

omgwtflolbbl
May 20, 2014, 03:40 PM

I'm not a fan of using most Japanese loanwords, but every time I see someone using a ton of autowords, I think of the term Chuunibyou lol.

I find it really weird when people have autowords constantly being spammed that are rife with spelling/grammar errors, too. Like when I'm counting an average of 3-5 spelling errors per autoword, and you're spamming those around every 5 seconds...

Spelling/grammar errors in regular writing are fine, but when it's in a repeated message that you're spamming to the world every 5 seconds, you need to fix that crap lol. Autoword spam is annoying enough on its own. At least make it so its not a pain to actually read every time just because it is that poorly written.

May 20, 2014, 03:45 PM
People casting megid/ilmegid from elysion...

Takatsuki
May 20, 2014, 04:08 PM
People casting megid/ilmegid from elysion...

I remember seeing someone charge-casting Ilmegid from Elysion in Easter and one of my party members asked them why. They said that it was cause uncharged Ilmegid was bad.

So... Don't use Ilmegid!

infiniteeverlasting
May 20, 2014, 04:15 PM
I just say:

ヒューナルの剣お願いします

what if they don't know that breaking hunar sword is how you get hunar sword....
we shouldnt just assume that JPN people know everything just because they are jpn players.

GoldenFalcon
May 20, 2014, 04:41 PM
what if they don't know that breaking hunar sword is how you get hunar sword....
we shouldnt just assume that JPN people know everything just because they are jpn players.

Well, I didn't

I mean, you get other weapons just by killing the guy

Z-0
May 20, 2014, 04:42 PM
You're right, I should not assume that people have a brain.

Dnd
May 20, 2014, 04:52 PM
you find out pretty early on that breaking armour on boss = getting that armour piece from the loot crystal (a chance, anyway)

why would it be different for a sword you can target?

GoldenFalcon
May 20, 2014, 04:55 PM
you find out pretty early on that breaking armour on boss = getting that armour piece from the loot crystal (a chance, anyway)

why would it be different for a sword you can target?

Because it's very inconsistent when it applies? Some bosses can't have parts broken

Chdata
May 20, 2014, 04:57 PM
Instead of arguing you could just give a translation of "Please break Hunar's sword".

ヒューナルの剣を壊してください

Doesn't take much to change that to satisfy more ignorant players.

(Also, Hunar's breakable doesn't show up until after he actually takes out the sword, so it's understandable that people might not know about it... if it's like... the very first time they've ever met the boss.)

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 04:59 PM
I thought this was common knowledge all around in any community not just the english speaking one. Have we degenerated that much already to where players lack any common sense?

Chdata
May 20, 2014, 05:00 PM
If it were common knowledge that you can get 17m+ drops people wouldn't zerg hunar most of the time and we wouldn't have this problem <.<

GoldenFalcon
May 20, 2014, 05:00 PM
I thought this was common knowledge all around in any community not just the english speaking one. Have we degenerated that much already to where players lack any common sense?

All of you people are rather stuck up

It's not intuitive, so stop

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 05:09 PM
It's not even that I don't know everything but I take the time to get to know these things and not rush through the game. Why should I expect less from a player? It's not being stuck up expecting nothing from a player is just wrong it does not give players incentive to work if we enable them.

Otokonokotron
May 20, 2014, 05:13 PM
o wow thats really cool , so u mean if i bust up the hunar sword it can raise the chances of it dropping? i like when u have to think a little instead of just blowing through everything. (like how i just learned u get more drops form a boss when u kill and do etrials to raise the rank of your run.

Macman
May 20, 2014, 05:14 PM
Have we degenerated that much already to where players lack any common sense?
It's not common enough.

Drop boost for sense, please, Sega.

Shinamori
May 20, 2014, 05:30 PM
That's probably why Elder Pain has dropped to at least 5mil.

infiniteeverlasting
May 20, 2014, 06:30 PM
That's probably why Elder Pain has dropped to at least 5mil.

speaking of elder pain, why is the weakest 10 star sword coat edge D still worth over 2mil o.O, yea it has t-atk, but the the t-atk is nothing compared to vibras bow's. i'm kinda confused here...

Daiyousei
May 20, 2014, 06:47 PM
speaking of elder pain, why is the weakest 10 star sword coat edge D still worth over 2mil o.O, yea it has t-atk, but the the t-atk is nothing compared to vibras bow's. i'm kinda confused here...

Have you ever seen Persona drop it even once? I haven't

infiniteeverlasting
May 20, 2014, 06:58 PM
Have you ever seen Persona drop it even once? I haven't

expensive due to rarity, i'm not a big fan of that.

Kikikiki
May 20, 2014, 06:59 PM
Just because you're not doesn't mean the economy isn't.

Look back at the Steampunk weapons before SHAQs came.

Chdata
May 20, 2014, 06:59 PM
expensive due to rarity, i'm not a big fan of that.

Guld Mila peaked at around 9m for an unaffixed ungrinded one. Falz EQ scheduled and it was down to less than 1m for probably one of the most useful items.

BubblyBoar
May 20, 2014, 07:00 PM
About the autowords in public chat. I always worry that mine will appear there, so I sometimes just straight turn them off during EQs. Is it an option or something? Or do I just have to make sure I have party chat active to make my autowords stay there?

Kikikiki
May 20, 2014, 07:03 PM
About the autowords in public chat. I always worry that mine will appear there, so I sometimes just straight turn them off during EQs. Is it an option or something? Or do I just have to make sure I have party chat active to make my autowords stay there?

They're putting /a before the autoword settings, so they show up in the Area chat. By default, your autoword should only show up in Party chat.

So no, it's their fault that they're doing it.

I personally find it annoying, including the NPC clone autowords.

BubblyBoar
May 20, 2014, 07:09 PM
Okay cool, was worried others outside my party could see.

Takatsuki
May 20, 2014, 07:59 PM
You know what else is really annoying? People who have cut-ins for pretty much every single thing they do.

gigawuts
May 20, 2014, 08:01 PM
You know what else is really annoying? People who have cut-ins for pretty much every single thing they do.

My autowords are all /a /ci9 just because.

omgwtflolbbl
May 20, 2014, 08:32 PM

But please, I need to know that the Micda you are about to wail on is no match for your unheavnly powers and that theyre time is come to an end.

and that you're using hiten misturugy style, of course.

How do people... stand this? I'd be embarrassed if my characters were spouting this kind of stuff. I use one /a symbol art for if I die, and another saying thank you in Japanese for when I'm revived and that's all I can stomach. And I still feel kind of bad when the death one goes off (though that's partly since I died and all).

noobishcholo
May 20, 2014, 09:04 PM
A level 70 standing in front of Loser and just attacking the closed clock.

I should mention it was on B-20...

GHNeko
May 20, 2014, 09:09 PM
lol @ people expecting other players to always know and realize what is or isnt breakable on a boss and that they care enough to figure out that it increases chance of drops.

that's not common sense among average players. it's common sense among dedicated players.

we're not the only group of people who play PSO2.

acting like its supposed to be PSO2 101; Tutorial Chapter 1 knowledge or something along the lines of this train of thought is kinda toxic and elitist.

But then again i need to step back and look at where i'm posting lol.

that being said...

But please, I need to know that the Micda you are about to wail on is no match for your unheavnly powers and that theyre time is come to an end.

and that you're using hiten misturugy style, of course.

How do people... stand this? I'd be embarrassed if my characters were spouting this kind of stuff. I use one /a symbol art for if I die, and another saying thank you in Japanese for when I'm revived and that's all I can stomach. And I still feel kind of bad when the death one goes off (though that's partly since I died and all).

Probably just high tolerance because of their own personal experiences with people like that OR they WERE people like that and something shook them from that phase.

I know I used to be a pretty high level weeaboo before I quit that phase and sobered up when it comes to anything japanese. Of course there are still remnants but its nowhere near enough to be a problem unless you can't tell when im joking or not.

Shinamori
May 20, 2014, 09:13 PM
By the time you reach lv70, or SH, you should know what is and what's not breakable. Unless it's a new boss.

GHNeko
May 20, 2014, 09:20 PM
Keyword is should.

Now, speaking generally....

Just realize, that however unlikely. There will be people who simply just play the game and not pay too much attention to details. Even the more obvious one.

And let's not forget the players that play with a small group of friends and only them as if it was local coop.

Or just the solo players who've gotten to high levels via 1 player quests as if it was PSO Offline.

Not saying they are plentiful or anything, but there are dozens of ways for a player to be clueless about particular things. Not even a LOT of things, but just particular things and didn't simply know or couldn't be bothered to learn more just in case.

Expecting complete knowledge and understand just because you're playing on SH is setting a bit of a high expection for average, everyday players who happen to be fans of PSO2. Even then, casting disdain and ire onto them for their ignorance on whatever is a bit much, no? It's not even like them not knowing a few things correlates to their skill and build in game...all the time.

I mean shit lol. I personally forgot you could break hunar's sword and this thread reminded me. When you're playing in parties that bop the boss in 5 seconds, it's not impossible to forget these details because they're not blatantly obvious.

Daiyousei
May 20, 2014, 09:26 PM

People also need to stop putting cutins for death autowords, the speech bubble points to the cutin window, don't make me work to find your ass.

Skize
May 20, 2014, 09:29 PM
A level 70 standing in front of Loser and just attacking the closed clock.

I should mention it was on B-20...

That depends on if his weapon had mirage on it. If so, than he is doing the right thing. If not... Well that's dumb as heck...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's wrong with WBing Apos's tail? Unless you TPS, you can't WB the core right away cause the arms pretty much prevent you from auto locking effectively on to it. The tail is much easier for RA's to auto lock, WB, SC. After the tail is destroyed you essentially create another weak spot.

About the RA's missing the core on a fallen Apios. Unless you jump on top of him, you're not going to get a successful WB shot off. And not everyone's always perfect in jumping up there. I've messed up a few times jumping there myself.

I always rush in Wild Easter EQ, until the last run. Why? Cause as good as exp is with a full run, I've gotten over 20 10*s, and 3 11* weapons in the past few days alone from the boosted Wild Easter. I rather rush, get E-Code: Fortune, get Jokers, and more potential rare drops for more excubes right now than I would exp. I need a lot of excubes for future affixing and grinding. I've failed on an affix that was at a 90% success rate, so I'm not taking any chances without 30% boost items now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The dumbest thing I've seen is what most people usually see during TD Primary. Me being the sole defender of Blue Tower cause everyone's busy rushing to defend where the enemy spawned. Tower get's attacked, I've run out of Barriers, Tower either dies or gets close to dying.

Another dumb thing today is, who the hell spams WB on a closed clock on Loser. Spams it all on a closed clock, that by the time it actually opens there's no WB on it. I just really want to meet some of these dumb gamers in real life. I really want to see if they are just that dumb in real life as they are in-game.

I can't stand the random symbol arts that have no purpose. Quest start/finish is alright though, cause that doesn't really get in the way. I do use an SA for Photon Blast, as well as death/revive/heal, though cause it lets others know so that they can sync up with me if they choose to.

Z-0
May 20, 2014, 09:34 PM
What's wrong with WBing Apos's tail? Unless you TPS, you can't WB the core right away cause the arms pretty much prevent you from auto locking effectively on to it. The tail is much easier for RA's to auto lock, WB, SC. After the tail is destroyed you essentially create another weak spot.
The problem is that it's simply faster to just WB the front body and have your DPS go ham on it to get him down to half-HP. As soon as he's half HP, he's good as dead. Since people are spamming this EQ for EXP, it's much better to try and make them go faster instead of safer, unless your MPA is terrible.

I always rush in Wild Easter EQ, until the last run. Why? Cause as good as exp is with a full run, I've gotten over 20 10*s, and 3 11* weapons in the past few days alone from the boosted Wild Easter. I rather rush, get E-Code: Fortune, get Jokers, and more potential rare drops for more excubes right now than I would exp. I need a lot of excubes for future affixing and grinding. I've failed on an affix that was at a 90% success rate, so I'm not taking any chances without 30% boost items now.
People are complaining about rushing under SH. It's stupid.

obsexed
May 20, 2014, 09:36 PM
dumbest thing ive seen.. random joins my aq with lv68/32 br/gu crafted units and crafted guld millas, couldnt even get pb ready until area2 near exit, sega wheres the subclass level requirement option? :(

omgwtflolbbl
May 20, 2014, 09:46 PM
About the RA's missing the core on a fallen Apios. Unless you jump on top of him, you're not going to get a successful WB shot off. And not everyone's always perfect in jumping up there. I've messed up a few times jumping there myself.

That's fine and all, but if I do take the effort myself to jump up there and properly place my own WB on his weak spot, please don't rewrite my WB onto his body right afterwards. Took my own WB into Doritos the first time yesterday as a Br/Ra, and this happened like every other run... incredibly obnoxious. Shunka/Overend/whatever spammers don't even have to jump on top of it to hit the weak spot, just simply jump (from ground level) + PA, so that shot on its ass isn't really going to help there.

oratank
May 20, 2014, 09:57 PM
well i saw Apos activate the 2nd aoe pillar. have anyone seen that before?
and then fo spam light tec on loser 10 min passed core didn't open once even i spam mirage4 on him .
vita only

Chdata
May 20, 2014, 10:00 PM
Another dumb thing today is, who the hell spams WB on a closed clock on Loser. Spams it all on a closed clock, that by the time it actually opens there's no WB on it. I just really want to meet some of these dumb gamers in real life. I really want to see if they are just that dumb in real life as they are in-game.

A whole entire MPA left because I was the only RA and wouldn't "weackbullet on the cloak please"... while it was closed.

Like seriously, an entire MPA left probably because this guy dropped us to 8/12.

It's not as if doing that increases proc rate. It just wastes WB time.

Skize
May 20, 2014, 10:02 PM
The problem is that it's simply faster to just WB the front body and have your DPS go ham on it to get him down to half-HP. As soon as he's half HP, he's good as dead. Since people are spamming this EQ for EXP, it's much better to try and make them go faster instead of safer, unless your MPA is terrible.

To be honest, even in blocks like 10-14, I've ran into MPA's where it was just terrible, and I was doing a better job WBing the tail and SCing. But yeah, I'll keep that in mind when the fight first starts. If it's obviously bad, I'm just going to go back to SCing the tail or something.

People are complaining about rushing under SH. It's stupid.

Oh I see. I thought they were talking about SH.

That's fine and all, but if I do take the effort myself to jump up there and properly place my own WB on his weak spot, please don't rewrite my WB onto his body right afterwards. Took my own WB into Doritos the first time yesterday as a Br/Ra, and this happened like every other run... incredibly obnoxious. Shunka/Overend/whatever spammers don't even have to jump on top of it to hit the weak spot, just simply jump (from ground level) + PA, so that shot on its ass isn't really going to help there.

Lol, that's very true. I pay attention to that. The thing is, you can get close enough to lock on to the core, but you'll miss unless you're actually on top of him. So if I can't get there and someone already WB'd the core, I'm happy cause now I can stop worrying about WBing and SC/LN the core.

I've seen people WBing the body at the start of the fight... Overwriting WBs on the core/tail. That one's just as obnoxious in my opinion. Wish people paid more attention to detail, etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------

@Chdata I sincerely hope that was B-20. I witnessed today an entire MPA leave on DFL in B-12, but only cause our RA spammed his WB on a closed clock and didn't have any bullets left when it actually opened. However, I've never seen an MPA leave for someone not using WB on a closed clock. I honestly don't know what to say to that except I'm sorry :X. That must've been horrible to be blamed for something that idiotic...

Chdata
May 20, 2014, 10:05 PM
People who WB a hand should just waste all their weak bullets on air and start using whatever PA.

Seriously, the boss's face is a completely stationary target at the start. You can literally TPS, put your sights on it, and wait a few seconds so you can attack and only have to click once.

seilent
May 20, 2014, 10:08 PM
and then fo spam light tec on loser 10 min passed core didn't open once even i spam mirage4 on him .
vita only

even i experienced where apos doesn't activate it at all..
i'm thinking that this fight will took forever (since pillar not even appeared after some mins) and suddenly it just die :lol:

last time my mpa has been spamming zan variations and mirage and took some time till opened, maybe its Ehrnga's fault xD
usually i combine with zanverse (i dunno it works or not to convert everyone's attack to mirage but somehow it procs faster)..

Gardios
May 20, 2014, 10:08 PM
vita only

Yes, happened to me today on PC. I believe he didn't even reach 25% HP when he triggered the second pillar phase. Both pillar phases failed. After the second one, I just said "screw it" and abandoned the quest since Luther was already available...

omgwtflolbbl
May 20, 2014, 10:09 PM
Well to be fair to them, the people who do overwrite it are probably doing it because they want that JA bonus or something. At least so I hope... though I wish they'd just shoot the air or something if they have WB loaded but the WB is already in place. It was super saddening to jump up there, WB the core, get out my bow, auto/banish/nemesis... only to see my WB disappear in the middle of nemesis.

I know that hitboxes are funky sometimes (hell, I still can't fucking WB flipped Zesh properly from a lower level), but some people need to learn to work around them or intentionally miss for JA bonuses on an already WB'd target. Or yell at Sega to make proper hitboxes, I guess.

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 10:30 PM
Keyword is should.

Now, speaking generally....

Just realize, that however unlikely. There will be people who simply just play the game and not pay too much attention to details. Even the more obvious one.

And let's not forget the players that play with a small group of friends and only them as if it was local coop.

Or just the solo players who've gotten to high levels via 1 player quests as if it was PSO Offline.

Not saying they are plentiful or anything, but there are dozens of ways for a player to be clueless about particular things. Not even a LOT of things, but just particular things and didn't simply know or couldn't be bothered to learn more just in case.

Expecting complete knowledge and understand just because you're playing on SH is setting a bit of a high expection for average, everyday players who happen to be fans of PSO2. Even then, casting disdain and ire onto them for their ignorance on whatever is a bit much, no? It's not even like them not knowing a few things correlates to their skill and build in game...all the time.

I mean shit lol. I personally forgot you could break hunar's sword and this thread reminded me. When you're playing in parties that bop the boss in 5 seconds, it's not impossible to forget these details because they're not blatantly obvious.

The issue at this point is many people have 2-3 characters in SH or at least VH. Not saying they should know every single thing just enough not to blindly rush the enemy and ruin the entire MPA's drops. Big example dark falz shooting the core and wailing at it while ignoring the other arms how many people think do that? Not a lot the game makes it kind of obvious what can and can not be broken and usually breaks affect unit drops unless a sub boss. All of this I learned in the first months from observation and being taught by friends.

Hmm I'll word it this way the game gives us multiple clues on what can and can not be broken and reasons why breaks may be beneficial. Sure not all people are going to catch on early on but never teaching them, abandoning or just ouright attacking the person is not going to help.

My issue is we should not shrug off these people and just say they are new or not dedicated enough people genuinely appreciate if you give them any useful information. Which is severely lacking these days most either play with our teams or just alone never really playing with randoms unless truly necessary. There is a big gap in info right now I feel it was much smaller back when I started and a lot of us have not tried to close that gap. We either just go as a community "oh it's b:20 we should not expect any better or it's randoms".

Agastya
May 20, 2014, 10:37 PM
is it td bingo time? too bad they're just exp conveyors now.

http://i.imgur.com/ncildhE.png

http://i.imgur.com/M7m6OMs.png

omgwtflolbbl
May 20, 2014, 10:46 PM
Hmm I'll word it this way the game gives us multiple clues on what can and can not be broken and reasons why breaks may be beneficial.

I'm gonna go off topic here but...

Am I the only one who ever finds this kind of reasoning in video games weird when it comes to drops? The whole generic "break X to get X thing"?

I mean, take Monster Hunter games. You want that Rathalos Tail, you gotta chop off the Rathalos' tail. Makes sense, right? Except... chopping that thing off in the middle of combat would probably come as a result of severely damaging said tail. Wouldn't that just give you a really shitty bit of material to work with, as opposed to not chopping the damn thing off, and retrieving it in a much more controlled fashion and better condition later on after you've actually killed it?

I guess it can make some sense in PSO2 given that bosses like Hunar warp away when they're defeated, and Elder/Dentist fall away to some abyss who knows where so that you can say breaking their stuff leaves their remnants behind before they warp away, but still. For the bosses that actually straight up die like Ragne or Quartz or whatever, it makes no sense to me (I view their bodies disappearing as something that is purely for performance issues and not what would "technically" happen).

Super off topic, but this has always bothered me in games. It always seemed like it made much more sense to tie dangerous elements to these breakables, and then discourage you from breaking them in order to get the better loot (ex. some random dragon boss has a chest gem that you can break in order to prevent it from using some supa awesome/dangerous breath attack, but destroying said gem also prevents you from getting some specific gem loot). That way you have a method to make the fight easier that still requires some skill and knowledge to take advantage of, and reward those who don't take the easier way and and actively fight in a manner to not hit that special point, because that want that "loot" in good condition.

I mean fuck, if I want an Elder Pain which is simply Hunar's sword, why the heck am I destroying the sword? Makes more sense to try and get that thing in good condition, instead of shattering the damn blade. Yes, I explained it away with Hunar's teleporting, but still...

.Jack
May 20, 2014, 11:03 PM

1st, 2nd or both? It seems to be quite effective from my perspective:

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e5XPszIl2A&list=UUzssh4FLDioVvlPI6IpKZyA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e5XPszIl2A&list=UUzssh4FLDioVvlPI6IpKZyA[/SPOILER-BOX]

Dumbest thing I've seen I'd say seeing people leveling lvl 1 subs + and not contributing much. This only applies to TD though, if it's something like Easter it doesn't really matter.

Maenara
May 20, 2014, 11:04 PM
Dumbest thing I've seen, personally, an MPA rushing VH Wild Easter, and still managing to be so slow that they can't manage to complete the second run before the EQ ends. "Are you going to pay for my 250% boosters?" Are you going to pay for my EXP boosters?

oratank
May 20, 2014, 11:12 PM
1st, 2nd or both? It seems to be quite effective from my perspective:

i don't know about 1 but has great effective on td 2 i never seen anymob touch a wall at all with ilmegid calling aggro form everything it pass

Z-0
May 20, 2014, 11:52 PM
My problem with Ilmegid in the Tower Defenses is that it directs all aggro towards you, thus ruining any particular plans any of the more DPS-orientated classes might be trying to do. It may "seem" effective from a Force's point of view, but there are much better things you can do, like Zondeel spawns or use Ilfoie (which, by the way, one shots Goldrahdas no problem if you have enough attack), but gathering all the aggro on yourself, while possibly avoiding damage to the walls / towers, doesn't mean you're making the runs better at all.

Yesterday, a friend and I were spawn killing Wave 4 in Tower Defense 1. I grabbed everything with Kanran and he used War Cry, and while we were waiting for the enemies to come back so I could kill every single one of them with a Combat, two forces spam Ilmegid, directing the spawn away from me, thus causing the wave to be longer, as I have to go and chase down the enemies and kill them separately, because Goldrahdas have well over 50,000 HP (possibly 60,000+); spamming Ilmegids at 10,000 damage only is not going to speed anything up, considering the tech costs a whopping 35PP, meaning you won't be able to finish them off by yourself unless you have a very large PP pool. Also consider that the tech just attacks whatever the fuck it wants, so you can't control it properly anyway.

It also doesn't help in Tower Defense 1 when peoples' Ilmegid travel to another lane and take the enemy away. -_-

I don't like Ilmegid spam if it doesn't one-shot either, but all I ever see these days from randoms is Ilmegid on every enemy in every map. While it might be easy, it's not the most efficient way to do things at all.

In TD2, I suppose Ilmegid is not really a huge problem, but in TD1 it causes way more trouble than it's worth.

Macman
May 21, 2014, 12:25 AM

You know what? That's fine. I'll jump up there myself and get the job done, but don't fucking ruin it for everybody else by sitting off in a corner, cancelling my core WB with a shitty one on the ass and expect Dorios to die to your sat cannons. It just elongates the fight another 2 minutes.

But hey if you don't already do that, then we coo'.

Vampy
May 21, 2014, 12:32 AM
My problem with Ilmegid in the Tower Defenses is that it directs all aggro towards you, thus ruining any particular plans any of the more DPS-orientated classes might be trying to do. It may "seem" effective from a Force's point of view, but there are much better things you can do, like Zondeel spawns or use Ilfoie (which, by the way, one shots Goldrahdas no problem if you have enough attack), but gathering all the aggro on yourself, while possibly avoiding damage to the walls / towers, doesn't mean you're making the runs better at all.

Yesterday, a friend and I were spawn killing Wave 4 in Tower Defense 1. I grabbed everything with Kanran and he used War Cry, and while we were waiting for the enemies to come back so I could kill every single one of them with a Combat, two forces spam Ilmegid, directing the spawn away from me, thus causing the wave to be longer, as I have to go and chase down the enemies and kill them separately, because Goldrahdas have well over 50,000 HP (possibly 60,000+); spamming Ilmegids at 10,000 damage only is not going to speed anything up, considering the tech costs a whopping 35PP, meaning you won't be able to finish them off by yourself unless you have a very large PP pool. Also consider that the tech just attacks whatever the fuck it wants, so you can't control it properly anyway.

It also doesn't help in Tower Defense 1 when peoples' Ilmegid travel to another lane and take the enemy away. -_-

I don't like Ilmegid spam if it doesn't one-shot either, but all I ever see these days from randoms is Ilmegid on every enemy in every map. While it might be easy, it's not the most efficient way to do things at all.

In TD2, I suppose Ilmegid is not really a huge problem, but in TD1 it causes way more trouble than it's worth.

Tbh it depends sure ilfoie is the better tech but I highly doubt on it's own it has the power to one shot maybe two without a decent amount of points in the fire tree I need to get a second tree just for fire techs but I lack the AC for it right now. I understand how techs work I am not ignorant not saying you said I am but some of us can't invest in to another tree atm. Sure it can be inefficient but some of us try our best to gather enemies with zondeel and get the most we can get out of it without crippling the groups speed. I have to try ilfoie later but I have my doubts on it getting one shots with just enough points to get the charge recovery.

Evangelion X.XX
May 21, 2014, 12:35 AM
Ill Megid usage is not recommended for TD1, as illustrated by Z-O: since there are no walls, the space for enemies to travel is larger, meaning that geared-up-melee-classes would have to waste time chasing enemies across the map, which is frustrating.

For TD2, I think the situation for Ill Megid usage depends on the MPA. If your MPA is weak, I can understand how pulling enemies from the walls, and therefore keeping them safe would prove beneficial. However, if your MPA is strong, I think you'd just probably be wasting everyone's time by pulling aggro (Ill Megid spam) everywhere towards you when strong players can just obliterate the target(s) right-there-right-then on site as soon as they spawn. So I guess, it really just depends on the composition of your MPA in TD2.

AkumaYouji
May 21, 2014, 12:43 AM
If it were common knowledge that you can get 17m+ drops people wouldn't zerg hunar most of the time and we wouldn't have this problem <.<

i didnt know this ^^; luckily i scored an elder pain(+10) for 10mil just in time for them to jump back up to 20mil on my ship, although i think like you said they are now settling down to around 17mil again.

Also, the dumbest thing i've seen in an EQ is dark falz thinking he can last more the 2 seconds...

GHNeko
May 21, 2014, 12:54 AM
The issue at this point is many people have 2-3 characters in SH or at least VH. Not saying they should know every single thing just enough not to blindly rush the enemy and ruin the entire MPA's drops. Big example dark falz shooting the core and wailing at it while ignoring the other arms how many people think do that? Not a lot the game makes it kind of obvious what can and can not be broken and usually breaks affect unit drops unless a sub boss. All of this I learned in the first months from observation and being taught by friends.

Hmm I'll word it this way the game gives us multiple clues on what can and can not be broken and reasons why breaks may be beneficial. Sure not all people are going to catch on early on but never teaching them, abandoning or just ouright attacking the person is not going to help.

My issue is we should not shrug off these people and just say they are new or not dedicated enough people genuinely appreciate if you give them any useful information. Which is severely lacking these days most either play with our teams or just alone never really playing with randoms unless truly necessary. There is a big gap in info right now I feel it was much smaller back when I started and a lot of us have not tried to close that gap. We either just go as a community "oh it's b:20 we should not expect any better or it's randoms".

I agree wholeheartedly.

Essentially (and Ideally), the knowledgeable and experienced players would do the whole PSO2 world a great favor if we got up off our collective asses and put in extra effort to spread information and the receiving players would do the PSO2 world a great favor if they collective sponged in this information, transformed into knowledgeable and experienced and pass on the knowledge. So that this stuff becomes common sense for everyone.

http://i.imgur.com/M7m6OMs.png

YOOOOOO. SON. THIS IS TOO GOOOD.

I'm fucking doing it.

IM FUCKING DOING IT.

there is much fun to be had.

This should be turned into a PSOW event. Who ever turns in the most at the end of the easter/wedding event gets 5000 WM.

gogogo sayara

ill even donate to the pot.

Evangelion X.XX
May 21, 2014, 12:55 AM
Dumbest thing in an EQ?

I would have to say either players fighting over WB supremacy or shit talking the entire MPA saying that it sucks while EQ-ing with them.

Dnd
May 21, 2014, 12:57 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]

http://i.imgur.com/M7m6OMs.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Alright, im so doing this and getting pics for proof, ill get back to you at the end of the week with my progress.
Im pretty sure i've nailed 90% of these in the past... 60/60 waves in TD2 spawn like 50% of the time and its depressing in a bad mpa

Chdata
May 21, 2014, 01:03 AM
i didnt know this ^^; luckily i scored an elder pain(+10) for 10mil just in time for them to jump back up to 20mil on my ship, although i think like you said they are now settling down to around 17mil again.

Also, the dumbest thing i've seen in an EQ is dark falz thinking he can last more the 2 seconds...

There's also the katana Yasha. I got one and sold it for 30m before it dropped to like 20.

Also, Il Megid can be crafted to -11 PP for charge time increase, allowing you to spam a lot of it for a long time. It definitely helps a lot with killing things, as you don't spend as much time without PP and can throw more hands at once.

stroodle
May 21, 2014, 01:13 AM
TD1, wave 4, force northern hero dies trying to il megid the spawn...
I dash up there, kill everything in about 2 seconds, and revive the guy (cuz I'm nice).
Then someone thinks I was the one holding up the MPA and bad mouths me the rest of the run...

Also, fo's and te's not using zondeel during wave 4 only to spam il megid, il grants, or il foie...

One more, not sure if it's a bug or an actual skill, but Apos Dorios activating his "everything does 1 damage" barrier thing after he gets up from falling (RA's always seem to run out of WB's...) and keeping it active forever. This happened to me twice, and I just abandoned when I realized the barrier was not going away.

FerrickX
May 21, 2014, 02:12 AM
Oh speaking of that,

speaking of that, stupid players ignoring WB'd apos tail and dying of it's tail swipe seconds later

and stupid RAs WBing broken Apos tail

Kamekur
May 21, 2014, 02:31 AM
speaking of that, stupid players ignoring WB'd apos tail and dying of it's tail swipe seconds later

and stupid RAs WBing broken Apos tail

A single party in pug can force SH Dorios on phase 2 before he even has time to do that attack. Unless there's a dumbass Ra that thinks putting WB on tail is a good idea (just so you know, he CAN STILL do the tail swipe after it is broken). WB anywhere but on his core (or body if you can't aim, it's kinda fine because multipliers are similar) slows down MPAs. It's like breaking fingers on Falz Arms...

I agree with the 2nd one though. That's just the epitome of stupidity.

Cyron Tanryoku
May 21, 2014, 02:34 AM
tfw you weakbullet the core and get overlapped by some tail WBer

btw-Niji
May 21, 2014, 02:35 AM
tfw you weakbullet the core and get overlapped by some tail WBer
It's awesome, right?

gigawuts
May 21, 2014, 07:46 AM
It's awesome, right?

i need my drops stop flaming me i can play my character how i want

This is helpful, thanks. Most of it is just reinforcing what I already thought, but I wasn't aware a specced ilfoie could 1shot goldradas.

Ilmegid is shunka, if shunka was an out of body experience for 3 hits instead of 4 and every shitfit fo hit for a third to half the damage they should be.

In my case, I roll fo/te with a 50 dark seimisomething, +85 tatk units, 142pp, and ketos proi or PP Convert going at essentially all times that I'm spamming it. Like you said, just one ilmegid doesn't reliably do much to anything with more than 10k hp, so I keep a lid on my ilmegids unless shit is going horrible and I need aggro right goddamn now (pug td2, ilzan is more reliable for that though) or I have >2 that I can dish out simultaneously.

I'm also not averse to switching to my belt rodan (lol latent 1 lol scrub tier) for some fire techs, but that's usually gifoie or something. If I wanted a fire spec I'd have gone fo/br, but PPC can make up for the damage difference at times. I somehow doubt I'll be 1shotting goldrahdas with ilfoie regardless of PPC however.

Zondeel and ilzan are something I apply liberally depending on the MPA. If I see lots of idiots I try to get all aggro on me as fast as possible so the idiots can just focus on damaging things, but if people seem semi-coordinated zondeel is great. Ilzan is a last ditch effort for when placing a zondeel would take too much time or one zondeel isn't big enough; for example, firing it parallel to the wall to try to drag things away of it. If I'm doing that I'm probably fucked regardless.

In the end, drawing aggro via ilmegid is more like casting a giant net across the area - pulling goldrahdas to me - while breaking parts and dealing damage. This is a tool like anything else. Sometimes it's what you need, sometimes it's not. Ilmegid is shunka all over again - people overuse it and everyone gets sick of seeing it, even when it's appropriate.

Takatsuki
May 21, 2014, 07:57 AM
Add "People attacking Umblla" to the list...

tfshadow
May 21, 2014, 08:28 AM
Wow I am upset that I have done alot of the things listed here. GDI.

Z-0
May 21, 2014, 08:40 AM
Add "People attacking Umblla" to the list...
That's the best thing you can do. The Umbra Stick is literally 100,000 meseta only. Umbra just wastes time.

I find only EN players are too stuck up to buy premium on a game they put 5,000 hours into. If you're unable to buy it, sure, but if you need an Umblla Stick THAT badly, go get the Parallel World at the end or something (it still has Umblla right?).

Chdata
May 21, 2014, 08:44 AM
Add "People waiting for Umbla" to the list.

Takatsuki
May 21, 2014, 08:45 AM
That's the best thing you can do. The Umbra Stick is literally 1,000 meseta. Umbra just wastes time.

I find only EN players are too stuck up to buy premium on a game they put 5,000 hours into. If you're unable to buy it, sure, but if you need an Umblla Stick THAT badly, go get the Parallel World at the end or something (it still has Umblla right?).

No it's not. It's like 80k meseta.

But more importantly, it's also a free cube.

Also right now there's a quest from Xie to complete the code. Attacking him is selfish.

GHNeko
May 21, 2014, 09:12 AM
Wow I am upset that I have done alot of the things listed here. GDI.

Admittance is the first step to recovery.

I'm glad you're here today.

You are not alone.

[spoiler-box]I cringed when someone talked about autoword speech bubbles on death because I do that. (Only so that people know what my character looks like so its easier to ID without having to take in my character name and search for it on the field. But now I question how effective that is...)[/spoiler-box]

It's okay. We're here for you.

Vampy
May 21, 2014, 09:20 AM
Auto words in death are acceptable in my opinion too many people ignore or don't notice you die in mpas. I've had this happen multitple times I usually have a SA for death and autoword for thank you. If not people don't notice at times.

gigawuts
May 21, 2014, 09:24 AM
If somebody has an autoword on incap I don't hold it against them - it's when they have autowords for buffs, heals, attacks, or damage taken that they make my shitlist.

It drives me fucking bonkers reading ARIGATOU---- ARIGATO アリガトー ありがとう! every tenth of a second when people are getting buffs at a teleporter.

Daiyousei
May 21, 2014, 09:25 AM
Also right now there's a quest from Xie to complete the code. Attacking him is selfish.

I hated the cake COs because of this, had to go to class after update, came back and everyone only MPAed because they already finished the CO.

Vampy
May 21, 2014, 09:30 AM
If somebody has an autoword on incap I don't hold it against them - it's when they have autowords for buffs, heals, attacks, or damage taken that they make my shitlist.

It drives me fucking bonkers reading ARIGATOU---- ARIGATO アリガトー ありがとう! every tenth of a second when people are getting buffs at a teleporter.

I have friends like this at least keep it in party chat not for the entire MPA to see I can tell if certain friends are in the same mpa as me because I memorized their autowords x.x I hate it so much yet try to be nice about it.

gigawuts
May 21, 2014, 09:34 AM
I have friends like this at least keep it in party chat not for the entire MPA to see I can tell if certain friends are in the same mpa as me because I memorized their autowords x.x I hate it so much yet try to be nice about it.

The actually irritating part is how they get hyper defensive about it when you ask them to tone it down.

All you have to do is say "Hey, can you turn those off? They get kind of annoying and they clutter the screen" and they instantly fly off the handle like you've spent the last hour detailing all the ways in which their mother is a whore, complete with flipcharts and video evidence.

It's always "IT'S MY PLAYSTYLE" this and "I'M ALLOWED TO DO WHAT I WANT" that, or even better "IT'S JUST WHAT MY CHARACTER IS LIKE," and then they say if you don't like it you can just blacklist them. Because, you know, that's a reasonable thing to have to do. Completely block someone from coming anywhere near you, or have to unblacklist them every time they join a party then reblacklist them after they have, or they can you know just untick a box one single time.

More often than not I just oblige with a blacklist. And then don't lift it. And then I'm the bad guy.

Dnd
I hated the cake COs because of this, had to go to class after update, came back and everyone only MPAed because they already finished the CO.

Do a run in SH -> 2nd run blitz to cake in normal or whatever you feel confotable with -> start a 3rd run at :27 and continue as normal?

sayi50
I have ありがとう on autoword. Only in party though. Maybe I should remove it.
The only all chat autoword I use is a SA for incap. For many times, I have laid on the ground without anyone noticing, not even my texts. At least the SA is very visible.

Edit: Also on topic: I have seen whole MPA attacking Loser's clock core while it is closed. I can understand few of them trying to proc a Mirage on their weapon but everyone?

GoldenFalcon
May 21, 2014, 09:35 AM
it's when they have autowords for buffs, heals, attacks, or damage taken that they make my shitlist.

Well, to be fair, I at one point had my character yelling "YOU CAN'T ESCAAEP" on attack, and "HORRY SHIET" on heavy damage taken

no chat boxes

Ordy
May 21, 2014, 09:36 AM
Cutins, I blacklist players using cutins during EQ MPA, yes even teammates.

And I KOS Umblla, he's useless

gigawuts
May 21, 2014, 09:37 AM
Well, to be fair, I at one point had my character yelling "YOU CAN'T ESCAAEP" on attack, and "HORRY SHIET" on heavy damage taken

no chat boxes

I had HORY SHIET for every single action. /vo6 in every single autoword box (or was it /vo9?)

That doesn't fill the screen, and you can't hear it if the person isn't in your party no matter what.

GoldenFalcon
May 21, 2014, 09:38 AM
you can't hear it if the person isn't in your team

I feel defeated

Vampy
May 21, 2014, 09:41 AM
The actually irritating part is how they get hyper defensive about it when you ask them to tone it down.

All you have to do is say "Hey, can you turn those off? They get kind of annoying and they clutter the screen" and they instantly fly off the handle like you've spent the last hour detailing all the ways in which their mother is a whore, complete with flipcharts and video evidence.

It's always "IT'S MY PLAYSTYLE" this and "I'M ALLOWED TO DO WHAT I WANT" that, or even better "IT'S JUST WHAT MY CHARACTER IS LIKE," and then they say if you don't like it you can just blacklist them. Because, you know, that's a reasonable thing to have to do. Completely block someone from coming anywhere near you, or have to unblacklist them every time they join a party then reblacklist them after they have, or they can you know just untick a box one single time.

More often than not I just oblige with a blacklist. And then don't lift it. And then I'm the bad guy.

I try my best to ignore them but sometimes I do ask if they can tone it down a bit especially when those auto words come with cut-ins which further increases the clutter.

omgwtflolbbl
May 21, 2014, 10:45 AM
"IT'S JUST WHAT MY CHARACTER IS LIKE,"

I love when people say this, and their autoword spam is just chock full of errors. Like... are they trying to say that their characters are designed to be incomprehensibly stupid?

Rien
May 21, 2014, 10:50 AM
We need a new bingo for wind/rain

With the biggest one being SOMEONE PURPOSELY ATTACKS UMBLA

Literally the entire mpa just blacklisted him on the spot

Scarlet.Haze
May 21, 2014, 10:58 AM
We need a new bingo for wind/rain

With the biggest one being SOMEONE PURPOSELY ATTACKS UMBLA

Literally the entire mpa just blacklisted him on the spot

This, blacklisted 2 person already.

Z-0
May 21, 2014, 11:10 AM
You do realise that blacklisting does absolutely nothing?

Rehal
May 21, 2014, 11:13 AM

Blacklisted.

(´・ω・`)

Sp-24
May 21, 2014, 11:14 AM
A death autoword in general chat... With a cut-in. Literal retard, right there. Not only does it defeat the entire purpose of the autoword, since you can easily turn your camera to locate the source of the autoword if that source doesn't clutter your entire screen, but it also doesn't let people see shit when you'd think they'd want to, seeing how the thing that killed you is probably still out there. Especially if it's Luther.

Z-0
May 21, 2014, 11:15 AM
Blacklisted.

(´・ω・`)
Wow so mean. ;w;

Punisher106
May 21, 2014, 12:26 PM
One more, not sure if it's a bug or an actual skill, but Apos Dorios activating his "everything does 1 damage" barrier thing after he gets up from falling (RA's always seem to run out of WB's...) and keeping it active forever. This happened to me twice, and I just abandoned when I realized the barrier was not going away.

That happened to me with a Dritzer. There went a shot at Sazan 16.

reaper527
May 21, 2014, 12:42 PM

when that happens, there should be a little red electrical looking orb on it that you can shoot to break down his barrier (you'll have to free aim to hit it since it's not something you can lock onto). think of it just like taga's barrier.

GHNeko
May 21, 2014, 12:45 PM
I love when people say this, and their autoword spam is just chock full of errors. Like... are they trying to say that their characters are designed to be incomprehensibly stupid?

See I've filled out almost every autoword entry box with dialog, but the thing that I THINK I do different is that I have 3 entries for almost every single action. Creates variety in my dialog which I feel is good.

This I feel is along the lines of the NPC characters in game.

I also make sure the formatting doesnt look awful, and that my spelling and grammar is on point. I also try to be amusing with my entries as well. No cut ins on autowords except on death and if I join the party. And I end all my autowords with the 'α' symbol and let party members know that when you see that symbol, it's an autoword so people dont have to attempt to figure out if I'm speaking or not.

I feel my setup for autowords is acceptable since I've only had 1 complaint (last night actually) and many many compliments on the jokes I make with autowords.

With that complaint, I asked if they wanted it turned off and when they said yes, I did because I'd rather not be a bother like that.

This thread has me very self-conscious about my autowords now however and I just want to sign in and turn it off for good now lol.

FerrickX
May 21, 2014, 12:47 PM
A single party in pug can force SH Dorios on phase 2 before he even has time to do that attack. Unless there's a dumbass Ra that thinks putting WB on tail is a good idea (just so you know, he CAN STILL do the tail swipe after it is broken). WB anywhere but on his core (or body if you can't aim, it's kinda fine because multipliers are similar) slows down MPAs. It's like breaking fingers on Falz Arms...

I agree with the 2nd one though. That's just the epitome of stupidity.

while it is true that breaking his tail doesn't erase the fact that he can still do a tail swipe, but most mpas i've been in get creamed most of the time because of tail swipe, they couldn't seem to run before the red ball smacks their faces. But then again they still get creamed by broken tail swipes

Hobu
May 21, 2014, 12:53 PM
Breaking the tail makes the tail swipe range smaller. If you don't break it, the tail swipe can cover at least 80% map range.

stroodle
May 21, 2014, 01:03 PM
when that happens, there should be a little red electrical looking orb on it that you can shoot to break down his barrier (you'll have to free aim to hit it since it's not something you can lock onto). think of it just like taga's barrier.

Had no idea... thanks!

Kondibon
May 21, 2014, 01:06 PM
All this talk about auto words is making me uncomfortable.

redroses
May 21, 2014, 01:08 PM
Myself.

Chdata
May 21, 2014, 01:51 PM
frog.

omgwtflolbbl
May 21, 2014, 02:28 PM
Well I mean autoword use isn't exactly horrible, it's just how badly some people abuse it.

This one player I ran tacos with managed to mess up his spelling of "pathetic" twice in two different autowords, and in two different ways (among many other errors, of course). So it wasn't even like a consistent error, or he'd have at least misspelled it the same way twice.

When those two autowords kept getting spammed over and over, one after the other, I was just like... really? Can you not even read your own messages being spewed from your own cut-ins and see that there's something blatantly wrong there? Even if English isn't the person's first language, the error is so obvious that I just want to rewrite his autowords for him. Even running through Google Translate would probably be better in that case.

I believe the spellings were "pathetech" and "pathetick".

But seriously, this is the vibe I get sometimes:
[spoiler-box]
http://img.batoto.net/comics/2014/03/01/o/read5311c7b2a6b67/img000013.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Macman
May 21, 2014, 05:02 PM
And I end all my autowords with the 'α' symbol and let party members know that when you see that symbol, it's an autoword so people dont have to attempt to figure out if I'm speaking or not.
I'll know automatically because I don't have autowords show up in my chat log. :wacko:

isCasted
May 21, 2014, 05:02 PM
Can breaking loot crystals without multiparty agreement in Cougar EQ count? Can holding PB to gain invincibility while rest of multiparty tries to destroy Cougar's bomb count? (done by same person in my last run of that EQ, btw).

GHNeko
May 21, 2014, 05:14 PM
I'll know automatically because I don't have autowords show up in my chat log. :wacko:

Well shit son. That's new to me. Unless it's on my default and I havnt been paying attention lol.

Macman
May 21, 2014, 05:15 PM
It's just an option you can set.
It doesn't block NPC autowords, though...

GHNeko
May 21, 2014, 05:21 PM
Even still, that's nice to know lol.

Learn shit every day.

supersonix9
May 21, 2014, 07:07 PM
i hate it when even one person in my MPA is less than perfect

btw-Niji
May 21, 2014, 07:27 PM
can we get a new thread called...

"The dumbest thing you've seen on PSOW"

BIG OLAF
May 21, 2014, 07:30 PM
can we get a new thread called...

"The dumbest thing you've seen on PSOW"

Now, now, don't be so self-centered. If you want a thread dedicated to you, do what Arksenth does and post it in FKL.

supersonix9
May 21, 2014, 07:36 PM
bwahahaha

Ephidiel
May 21, 2014, 08:46 PM
People that use autowords on PAs and every attack

On pc I dont mind it too much but on vita any mpa and my screen gets clustered

infiniteeverlasting
May 21, 2014, 09:31 PM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1010087_10200978432822743_3279631593539735618_n.jp g
saw this today....
what was the point of this?????

Dnd
May 21, 2014, 09:49 PM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1010087_10200978432822743_3279631593539735618_n.jp g
saw this today....

Brb dying in laughter

btw-Niji
May 21, 2014, 10:04 PM
Now, now, don't be so self-centered. If you want a thread dedicated to you, do what Arksenth does and post it in FKL.
why don't u go back to having sexual fantasies over your ingame character lol

Takatsuki
May 21, 2014, 10:13 PM
I just saw someone using a Zaxe (uncrafted) in TD1 on VH....

Coreven
May 21, 2014, 10:16 PM
Say, were you planning to buy a GM after TD and have two 1s equips, Takatsuki? If I've got the wrong person, just assume I'm rambling nonsense.

Mattykins
May 21, 2014, 10:20 PM
I like the RA buffs, they're cool and all, but I still don't think I'm supposed to be getting 2nd place on TD waves in an MPA full of Bravers... >:V

Takatsuki
May 21, 2014, 10:48 PM
Say, were you planning to buy a GM after TD and have two 1s equips, Takatsuki? If I've got the wrong person, just assume I'm rambling nonsense.

You can have your team members quit harassing me now, thanks.

Though I think it's really cute that you're so protective of someone who is dragging an entire MPA down because he refuses to buy a decent weapon.

Vampy
May 21, 2014, 10:52 PM
saw this today....

Well I died a little on the inside.

Macman
May 21, 2014, 10:54 PM
The only way I can rationalize it is if he uses katana gear a LOT and he's still in the process of getting enough resources to make it max extension. His units fucking blow, though.
What class was he? Did he have it multiclassed?

Bellion
May 21, 2014, 10:57 PM
So much for blocking out his name if you can see it in 2 other places.

Gardios
May 21, 2014, 11:05 PM
He could also not have a suitable Mag to equip it normally and thus extended it with lower requirements in order to use it.

Fatalystic
May 21, 2014, 11:38 PM
Also dumbest thing I've seen? someone Shunkaing into boss attacks.

That would be me.

Sorry >.<

Coreven
May 21, 2014, 11:42 PM
You can have your team members quit harassing me now, thanks.

Though I think it's really cute that you're so protective of someone who is dragging an entire MPA down because he refuses to buy a decent weapon.

Hey hey, no need to get passive-aggressive. I'm EDF, not Hollow Ops. I was just wondering.

seilent
May 21, 2014, 11:43 PM
He could also not have a suitable Mag to equip it normally and thus extended it with lower requirements in order to use it.

i got this in my mind 2 weeks ago when i can't equip kenei, but then "whut.. if i extend this i will lose almost everything from this katana.." and i decide to sell it instead, then stick to stone shop katana instead xD

Xaeris
May 21, 2014, 11:51 PM
For the most part, I don't get upset over people possessing deficient ability. I've played a lot of MMOs over the years and if I've learned one thing, it's just not worth my grief. Fish swim, birds go tweet and bads are bad. No use getting angry over the laws of nature.

What I do get pissy over, however, is people who are bad, and then try to dictate to others how to play. Take the TD2 I just did for instance. One wave in, some guy is telling the Forces to use Zondeel instead of Ilmegid. All right, that "suggestion" isn't without its merit, though expecting randoms to conform to your expectations how to play is folly at best. I take my Gunner to TD2, so it's not like I gave a damn either way, but out of curiosity, I inspected him, expecting some elite dude with 6x units. What greets me at the info screen is a guy using Nei's Claw (the 9*) and 2x/1x units with technique abilities on them.

Like, if you're going to throw stones, you best not live in a glass house.

Coreven
May 21, 2014, 11:57 PM
It's not like he's wrong, though. If the Forces aren't strong enough (most aren't), the only thing Il Megid will do is scatter the mobs all over the map (say goodbye to triple dip), while Zondeel brings them together for the damage-dealers to destroy.

Xaeris
May 21, 2014, 11:58 PM
Like I said, there was merit to what he was saying, but if he expects efficient play from other people, he'd best bring some himself.

Coreven
May 22, 2014, 12:02 AM
Quite, but you see a shitter with wired lances, while not a help to the MPA, is not a hindrance either, unlike shitters with spooky hands, who actually manage to make the situation worse.

Chdata
May 22, 2014, 12:07 AM
An entire party of...

people leveling subs / lower classes

td2

Sanguine2009
May 22, 2014, 12:12 AM
people using moons to rez leechers/b20ians. they should let them stay dead and miss out on drops. its not like they contribute anyway

Rien
May 22, 2014, 12:20 AM

people tell me blacklist excludes mpa's this person is in when the game randomly shoves you into one.

nathanielzor
May 22, 2014, 12:20 AM
people tell me blacklist excludes mpa's this person is in when the game randomly shoves you into one.
Blacklisting just means they cant join YOUR party. They can still be in the same MPA as you.

Hence, blacklisting does nothing.

BIG OLAF
May 22, 2014, 04:48 AM
why don't u go back to having sexual fantasies over your ingame character lol

"Go back to?" I never stopped.

You fool.

Blacklisting just means they cant join YOUR party. They can still be in the same MPA as you.

Hence, blacklisting does nothing.

Quite. Therein lies the whole issue. You blacklist someone to avoid having to play with them, and then...play with them. Not the most intuitive system on SEGA's part. PSU's (and probably PSO's, I never blacklisted anyone on that game) were much better, but only because the MPA system didn't exist, I'd wager.

Evangelion X.XX
May 22, 2014, 05:27 AM
The Blacklist should prevent the Blacklist-tee from joining the Blacklist-er's Party and MPA.

That way everyone can just Blacklist everyone for every little thing so that a whole lot of people would end up basically soloing everything.

Also, why not make everyone's Blacklist transparent to everyone else (by clicking on them and then accessing some menu-options).

SilenWhisper
May 22, 2014, 06:13 AM
People babbling.Epsecially on Falz EQs.

Kumichan
May 22, 2014, 06:25 AM

I don't know about that. A scrub with female muscle fetish ranks pretty high in the stupid scale.

Chdata
May 22, 2014, 07:06 AM
wow

you can fail code joker

have fun with only 100% RDR

Vampy
May 22, 2014, 07:13 AM
Wait that can be failed? How does someone manage that?

Misaki Ki
May 22, 2014, 07:20 AM
One person spawns it at some unknown location to the MPA, and doesn't let anyone know.

Sanguine2009
May 22, 2014, 07:25 AM
people who run off on their own in MPAs/EQs should be shot

Kantalope
May 22, 2014, 07:28 AM
The Blacklist should prevent the Blacklist-tee from joining the Blacklist-er's Party and MPA.

That way everyone can just Blacklist everyone for every little thing so that a whole lot of people would end up basically soloing everything.

Also, why not make everyone's Blacklist transparent to everyone else (by clicking on them and then accessing some menu-options).

If you're enough of a douche to get blacklisted by your entire ship, I don't care that you have to solo everything.

infiniteeverlasting
May 22, 2014, 07:52 AM
The only way I can rationalize it is if he uses katana gear a LOT and he's still in the process of getting enough resources to make it max extension. His units fucking blow, though.
What class was he? Did he have it multiclassed?

The katana is already mad powerful already and it was all class. I honestly don't get the goddamn reason to craft that. I cringed so hard when I see these things. It's such a pity, it would treat the katana better if he just donated it to me so I can 50 dark it instead.

The saddest part was that the guy was a 69/70 br/hu, and the goddamn katana is now weaker than it was before (even in terms of raw s-atk numbers) and is no longer Multiclass.

Vampy
May 22, 2014, 07:57 AM
people who run off on their own in MPAs/EQs should be shot

We should have a firing squad on pso2 vote on who is hurting the MPAs the most have the MPAs Gunners and Rangers deal the punishment >.>. Though this should be at the end of the run and give them a cooldown timer where they can not enter the next EQ or two if they were "executed" via pso2 firing squad. Depending on how much of the MPA voted for their execution or pardon.

RealKillaK
May 22, 2014, 08:26 AM
We should have a firing squad on pso2 vote on who is hurting the MPAs the most have the MPAs Gunners and Rangers deal the punishment >.>. Though this should be at the end of the run and give them a cooldown timer where they can not enter the next EQ or two if they were "executed" via pso2 firing squad. Depending on how much of the MPA voted for their execution or pardon.

What if they are the only ranger/gunner they have to shoot themselves? or no Ra/Gu ._.

Maenara
May 22, 2014, 08:39 AM
>Enter a new run of In the Driving Rain 2
>Has 12/12 MPA
>Emergency Code [Joker]! aleady going on
>sweet

>Emergency Code [Joker] failed!

...what

Xaeris
May 22, 2014, 08:40 AM
Yeah, there's been a distressing amount of Joker derping going on...

oratank
May 22, 2014, 08:57 AM
>Emergency Code [Joker] failed!
...what

this is joke right?

Maenara
May 22, 2014, 09:25 AM
this is joke right?

I wish.

Vampy
May 22, 2014, 11:24 AM
What if they are the only ranger/gunner they have to shoot themselves? or no Ra/Gu ._.

Have the nearest braver shunka to death or assisted suicide? Don't know hard to think of these things in the heat of the moment xD

KatherineAlexandra
May 22, 2014, 12:00 PM
One person spawns it at some unknown location to the MPA, and doesn't let anyone know.

I think I did this a few hours ago, but the lag was so heavy that any chat that I entered was lost into the aether. And then I was disconnected.

Oops. ^^'

Galax
May 22, 2014, 12:14 PM
TD2. First Wave.

The first two spawns in Wave 1 with Goldrahdas.

What happens? None of the Goldrahdas got debombed before they died and we lost the first wall.

I left.

Lashette
May 22, 2014, 01:47 PM
Leechers during Falz Hands, standing there doing nothing. So when they die, I forget to revive them ooops.