PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Question about Class and Mag?

Shade_Koopa
May 20, 2014, 03:55 AM
What are your thoughs on a Techer/Braver combo?

Also, what kind Mag would be best suited for a Techer/Braver?
I prefer to get a Karina Mag, but I'd like to get 2nd opinion.

Rakurai
May 20, 2014, 04:23 AM
There's nothing that a Braver sub does better then Hunter or Fighter for Techer.

Hunter is good if you want to focus on melee combat, while Fighter is prefered if you want to use a mix of techs and melee.

GHNeko
May 20, 2014, 02:36 PM
I used to play BRTE, but the TE sub wasnt doing it for me so I switched to BRFO which does what I'm aiming for, I feel, a lot better.

TE/BR can work but unless you specifically want to use Katana or Bow as TE, Rakurai kinda has the ball on the money.

The BR weapons are what make the class. Without those weapons, then Weak Stance (and I guess Average Stance) while neat skills, aren't enough to match HU/FI as subclasses.

What are you looking for with TEBR? I'm not too knowledgeable in PSO2 yet, but I'm pretty good with theory :V

Shade_Koopa
May 20, 2014, 03:11 PM
I'm fond of both the dark techs and the bow, hence why I would want to do a Techer/Braver.

I just wanted to know some info on it, mainly, how you would build a mag towards it. Give it 50/50 of Tec and Dex?

GHNeko
May 20, 2014, 03:46 PM
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/weapon_15.php#nav

Aim for the Bows that boost Rack and Tack, as well as are equipable by Techer and Braver. Be sure that when you do get your hands on one that it has an element. Be sure to grind that element to 50 as Element Conversion is really neat. Element Conversion is for FO. WELP. TE gets long time assist. lolololol ggs TE.

Tec/Dex mag might be a good idea? I'm not too keen on Mag builds just yet. I'm leaning towards okay because BR has Braver Mag skill and it works as subclass IIRC. So you can boost your Dex and Rack through Mag. I'm not sure how the ratio would play on said Mag however. I feel that the ratio would be reasonable skewed towards Tack.

As for skills, be sure to grab PP Restraint and Elemental Weak Hit. Unfortunately, you're going to have to waste SP on the light skill tree haha. Of course put points into the Dark Tree. I also think that investing in Shifta is a great idea because that boost to your Rack and Tack will help.

Of course, I'm kinda spitballing here so please check with other people and don't just run with this.

If anyone else has any input for him that'd be great (for the both of us. I need to learn more about this game.)

Shade_Koopa
May 21, 2014, 04:16 AM
I see.

Well, since I want a Karina Mag, raising a Mag with Stk/Dex over Tech will give me what I Need. It'll probably ending up with a 50/50 ratio of Tech and Dex.

GHNeko
May 21, 2014, 06:48 AM
Dont go with a lot of dex.

I've learned that a mag with that much dex is not a good idea.

Shade_Koopa
May 21, 2014, 04:43 PM
Really? I heard braver actually benefits from alot of Dex thanks to it's abilities.

Sizustar
May 21, 2014, 04:45 PM
Really? I heard braver actually benefits from alot of Dex thanks to it's abilities.

You heard wrong.

Shade_Koopa
May 21, 2014, 04:51 PM
Doesn't braver have a skill then gives you a bonus to stats depending on the Dex?

I think the skill is called "Braver Mag"

GHNeko
May 21, 2014, 05:16 PM
It's a benefit yes, but a minor benefit, as you have to put 2 points into Dex for 1 point into Sack and Tack. And that's only after you drop 5 SP on that skill to get it up to 50% conversion.

That's a pretty high cost for a marginal benefit. The benefit is cut in half if you dont use both Katana and Bow equally. ESPECIALLY. Hell, I could argue if you dont use ranged and strike weapons equally, you're losing out somewhere because those bonus points arent being put to use.

So you'd be better pressed to just dedicate points to Sack or Rack on your mag for peace of mind.

Sizustar
May 21, 2014, 05:17 PM
Doesn't braver have a skill then gives you a bonus to stats depending on the Dex?

I think the skill is called "Braver Mag"

It converts half of it to S-atk and R-atk.
SO if you have a pure 150 Dex max, you can get 75 S-atk and 75 R-atk.
But that require spending the SP for it, and you get more from making a pure mag.
And if you're after a specific Photon Blast, with the excube exchange shop that can get any of the PB, it's redundent.

Shade_Koopa
May 21, 2014, 05:31 PM
I'm not really after a Specfic Photon Blast or the best stats or anything.

I'm making a Newman Techer/Braver, that mainly uses Dark Techs and Bow. The mag type will be Karina because I like the way it looks. Simple as that.

I'd just wanted to know what people though of a Techer/Braver combo. I also, wanted to see what was the best way to make a Karina Mag that would work with a Techer/Braver.

The Karina is Tech and Striking and/or Dex right? I figured since I'm not going to be on the front lines to much, I put most of my mag feed into Tec and Dex. Tec for the Techer and Dex for the Bow Braver.

GHNeko
May 21, 2014, 05:39 PM
Yeah. Unless you're not really trying to optimize, you shouldnt put a lot of dex into your mag if any at all.

Not many of the bows in the game (if any), sans crafting, are going to have such a high dex requirement that you wont be able to equip them.

You'll also be getting a dex boost from BR being your subclass.

If you're trying to figure out how to make the Karina mag then..

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/mag_1.php#13

カリーナ
Carina Lepus Lv.100
Strike + Dex > Tech Photon Blast: Ketos Imera
Trigger Action: Support / Stat Boost H

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/mag_overview.php#nav

You go for Tech and evolve into Lepus at Level 30 and then Go for Stirke above tech until 100. Then you're free for the last 75.

No dex required.

Walkure
May 21, 2014, 05:39 PM
Back when Braver was released, there was a balance between Bow and Katana in niche roles, Katanas didn't have steep SATK requirements, and you could make a decent argument for Braver Mag. The advantage was in that you needed some SATK and RATK to equip katanas and bows, but not too much, and you could use the DEX to cover the other requirements.

Now, Katanas are good at bossing AND mobbing, so bows are irrelevant. And you can't equip any of the good 11*+ katanas with Braver Mag. Any BR/HU that's not a Male Cast or Deuman can't equip Yasha with a DEX mag. Only Deumans can equip Zeshuu, the Darker Destroyer. All other classes need to put additional points into SATK UP in order to cover what their mag now fails to do. No race can equip Orochi in Braver Mag builds without pumping SP into SATK UP skills, and even then only the race/gender combos that could equip Yasha can do it with *one* full investment SATK UP. So if you wanna equip the top-end katanas, be prepared to spend *more* than 5 SP to equip things.

Essentially, there were two good arguments for DEX mag and Braver Mag, and both of them were killed off in order to make Katana the main focus for Braver.

Shade_Koopa
May 21, 2014, 05:52 PM
Yeah. Unless you're not really trying to optimize, you shouldnt put a lot of dex into your mag if any at all.

Not many of the bows in the game (if any), sans crafting, are going to have such a high dex requirement that you wont be able to equip them.

You'll also be getting a dex boost from BR being your subclass.

If you're trying to figure out how to make the Karina mag then..

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/mag_1.php#13

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/mag_overview.php#nav

You go for Tech and evolve into Lepus at Level 30 and then Go for Stirke above tech until 100. Then you're free for the last 75.

No dex required.

I'm not trying to go for equipments requirments, I'm trying to help out my bow use abit. Since the Karina Mag can be made with either points into Striking or Dex, I figure Dex would be the better option, since I have no interest in using the Katana or Melee fight what so ever. I know how to make a Mag.

Back when Braver was released, there was a balance between Bow and Katana in niche roles, Katanas didn't have steep SATK requirements, and you could make a decent argument for Braver Mag. The advantage was in that you needed some SATK and RATK to equip katanas and bows, but not too much, and you could use the DEX to cover the other requirements.

Now, Katanas are good at bossing AND mobbing, so bows are irrelevant. And you can't equip any of the good 11*+ katanas with Braver Mag. Any BR/HU that's not a Male Cast or Deuman can't equip Yasha with a DEX mag. Only Deumans can equip Zeshuu, the Darker Destroyer. All other classes need to put additional points into SATK UP in order to cover what their mag now fails to do. No race can equip Orochi in Braver Mag builds without pumping SP into SATK UP skills, and even then only the race/gender combos that could equip Yasha can do it with *one* full investment SATK UP. So if you wanna equip the top-end katanas, be prepared to spend *more* than 5 SP to equip things.

Essentially, there were two good arguments for DEX mag and Braver Mag, and both of them were killed off in order to make Katana the main focus for Braver.

I'm not trying to use a Katana. I am NOT going to use a Katana at all. I like the bows, and I plan to use them. Which is the reason I have the Braver in my subclass, is purely so I can use bows as a weapon.

GHNeko
May 21, 2014, 05:56 PM
Ah. My bad. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Sorry if I seemed condescending.

Get the bare minimum you need on Dex for your desired mag, but dont add past that.

The increased Dex is not going help so much that it's noticeable so it's not worth the investment outside of the bare minimum.

Shade_Koopa
May 21, 2014, 06:03 PM
Bare Minimum? What exactly is the bare minimum on dex?

From what I'm seeing, I'm getting some conflicting info. I'll probably just go with what I had in mind. Tec/Dex on Mag, get the "braver mag" skill, and i'm good.

GHNeko
May 21, 2014, 06:22 PM
you know what. i forgot that mags re-evolve every 5 levels if their stats are changed enough.

If you want Carina @ Max level, you need to have at least 88 Dex and 87 Tech if you're going pure Tech/Dex mag. It's a lot of dex however lol.

That being said, I still am iffy on spending 5 SP on Braver Mag.

44 Points to Rack doesnt seem remotely worth the points. You could get more with Rack Up spending 3 points.

Shade_Koopa
May 21, 2014, 06:30 PM
you know what. i forgot that mags re-evolve every 5 levels if their stats are changed enough.

If you want Carina @ Max level, you need to have at least 88 Dex and 87 Tech if you're going pure Tech/Dex mag. It's a lot of dex however lol.

That being said, I still am iffy on spending 5 SP on Braver Mag.

44 Points to Rack doesnt seem remotely worth the points. You could get more with Rack Up spending 3 points.

Okay..what? I didn't understand anything of what you just said.

Walkure
May 21, 2014, 07:11 PM
I'm not trying to use a Katana. I am NOT going to use a Katana at all. I like the bows, and I plan to use them. Which is the reason I have the Braver in my subclass, is purely so I can use bows as a weapon.
Oh, okay then. You could reduce that DEX to equip requirements level (somewhere around 15-30) and come out with more RATK or TATK without even getting Braver mag.
Bare Minimum? What exactly is the bare minimum on dex? Minimum DEX requirements should be whatever you need for equipping gear. Since DEX affects damage variance, and damage variance is static (and capped) for people using rare and uncrafted weapons, DEX is useless for offense. I'm also not sure if it's even useful for getting hit.

GHNeko
May 21, 2014, 08:54 PM
Okay..what? I didn't understand anything of what you just said.

Evolution will trigger every 5 levels starting at Lv.30. If you want Carina Mag at Lv175, you will need at least 88 Dex and 87 Tech if you put no points into Strike. If you don't do this, then at Lv175, the Mag will evolve into something else.

I feel that that is a lot of Dex however, and I'm not too keen on the idea of using 5 SP for Braver Mag as you'll only be getting 44 Points towards S-ATK and 44 Points to R-ATK. You could easily get more R-ATK from the R-ATK Up skill for less SP.

Shade_Koopa
May 21, 2014, 09:06 PM
Oh, okay then. You could reduce that DEX to equip requirements level (somewhere around 15-30) and come out with more RATK or TATK without even getting Braver mag. Minimum DEX requirements should be whatever you need for equipping gear. Since DEX affects damage variance, and damage variance is static (and capped) for people using rare and uncrafted weapons, DEX is useless for offense. I'm also not sure if it's even useful for getting hit.

Alright, so about 30 for Dex is enough?

My original plan for the Karina mag was 50 Strike/75 Tech/50 Dex. If I change the Dex, then is 50 Strike/95 Tech/30 Dex be fine?

GHNeko
May 21, 2014, 09:51 PM
If Strike + Dex Doesnt > Tech when you reach that final level, I'm pretty sure it'll evolve into something else lol.

Shade_Koopa
May 21, 2014, 11:47 PM
As long as it turns into a Karina at Level 100, my mag will be fine. When your mag reach level 30, it locked into whatever tree you have in, so even at 35, you won't be able to change your Tec mag into a Striking Mag. Same at level 100 (I think, feel free to correct me).

SilenWhisper
May 22, 2014, 04:54 AM
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php
http://file.pso2pso2.syoyu.net/pso2maguEnglish
Decide according to preferences.

Shade_Koopa
May 23, 2014, 11:36 AM
Probably what I'll end up doing, but it doesn't hurt to get some info on what is best and such.

GHNeko
May 23, 2014, 12:09 PM
As long as it turns into a Karina at Level 100, my mag will be fine. When your mag reach level 30, it locked into whatever tree you have in, so even at 35, you won't be able to change your Tec mag into a Striking Mag. Same at level 100 (I think, feel free to correct me).

Yeah that's correct. It'll be locked into the tree. I only said that because It seemed like you wanted that specific' mags LOOK.

If I misunderstood THERE as well, then welp. I need more sleep.