PDA

View Full Version : Vita Can i copy my game app to my PC and switch to american account and play?

The Furtive Pygmy
May 20, 2014, 04:06 AM
I have the downloadable version on my vita right now and i'm copying the game to my PC with the content manager as i type this.

I was wondering if i switch over to my american account now, can i then download the game back onto my vita and play with the american account?

i know that my character is linked to the PSN account i first play the game on but i already solved that issue and they are unlinking it from my Japanese PSN soon so that's not a problem

Is there an issue i don't kno0w about that will prevent me from running the game on an american account? am i wasting my time?

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 04:13 AM
You can play on an American account as far a I know my friend plays on vita with an Australian account with no issues.

The Furtive Pygmy
May 20, 2014, 04:20 AM
You can play on an American account as far a I know my friend plays on vita with an Australian account with no issues.

And he's using the downlaodable version? not the physical?

Vampy
May 20, 2014, 04:27 AM
Physical not sure if it applies to digital. Worth a shot anyways.

blace
May 20, 2014, 04:33 AM
You can't download the game through US PSN as the game is only available through JP PSN. You need a physical copy if you wish to play it in your native region. Even backing up the digital version won't allow it to work as the digital content is tied to the accounts respectively.

Also, if you looked at my response in your last thread it should help either way: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208244

The Furtive Pygmy
May 20, 2014, 04:33 AM
Physical not sure if it applies to digital. Worth a shot anyways.

Interesting. Well i'll try it out and report back here after i get results.

The Furtive Pygmy
May 20, 2014, 04:35 AM
You can't download the game through US PSN as the game is only available through JP PSN. You need a physical copy if you wish to play it in your native region.

Also, if you looked at my response in your last thread: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208244

I know that. But what here is what i planned.

1. I already downloaded the game on my JP PSN.

2. Copy the game from the vita to my PC

3 . format vita and sign into my American account

4. copy the game from PC to my vita.

and then hope it works.

Also thanks for the link, i ended up finding that on my own and i got it all sorted out. :)

blace
May 20, 2014, 04:37 AM
I edited my last post, you won't be able to copy the game over. It has been tested before when the game was released for the Vita as well as from my own experience.

The Furtive Pygmy
May 20, 2014, 04:38 AM
Well balls. i guess the physical copy it is then. thanks for the info

blace
May 20, 2014, 04:41 AM
The good thing about it is that you are able to update it whenever updates are rolled out as well as save precious memory card space with the cartridge holding most of the data. Along with some extra items and clothing that you can redeem on both PC and Vita.

Just note that it can take a while depending on which site you buy it from and how much you're willing to pay to have it shipped faster.

The Furtive Pygmy
May 20, 2014, 04:43 AM
yeah i looked into that, i'm definitely interested in the items. i have a $80 gift code for amazon with amazon prime so i could get it for free. but i was hoping to be able to save the gift code for something else. Oh well