PDA

View Full Version : Really liking PSO2

Aquanos
May 20, 2014, 12:09 PM
So I recently downloaded PSO2 again, but this time i'm actually playing it for once instead of giving up on the first forest mission. I've been playing as hunter so far and plan on changing later on when I get used to everything. I've got 20hrs of play time and have gotten to Lv22 so far. It's like I level'd up each hour :P

Anyways, the point of this thread is if I decide to become premium (which I probably will) is it entirely worth it? I'd definitely like to get the full aspects of the game such as trading and what not. I'd just like to know how much of a difference it is before I get my hopes up.

okay, now back to pso >.>

Ordy
May 20, 2014, 12:25 PM
Why Premium is so worth it:

1. You can sell items, that's going to make you rich even without trying
2. You can get 10* and 11* weapon trade tickets (you'll need them to buy 10/11* weapons from other players)
3. You'll easier find a multi-party for Emergency Quests (Premium slots)
4. Extra Premium storage helps a lot when you are stacking fodders that you plan to use later or sell.

+ some extra like rare drop boost from drinks + extra craft slots

So yeah, it's SO worth it ... I'd get premium just for the Shop+Trade Tickets

TehCubey
May 20, 2014, 02:20 PM
I'd wait until you're high level before buying premium. I don't see much benefit to it until 10* drops become an everyday occurence for you.

GHNeko
May 20, 2014, 02:49 PM
I'd wait until you're high level before buying premium. I don't see much benefit to it until 10* drops become an everyday occurence for you.

Ehhhh... I can't say I FULLY agree. It's not that it's not good advice. It is, but its for specific people. I wouldnt consider it general advice.

It's entirely possible to make full use of premium at low and mid levels. If you invest a little extra AC into the game, it becomes pretty easy to make full use of it.

Another benefit from Premium (Big if your low - early mid) is that you can have up to 40 COs, which can cut down your play time and runs required to complete COs by a good amount.

You get 2 login stamps a day instead of 1. You get extra fun on a lot of things. Specifically good jobs. I've gotten 150 FUN from sending GJs to everyone in a full MPA TD Quest. It would have been less than 20 without premium. So amassing Fun without PSO2es is a lot easier.

You can also trade with other premium players now so if you have a tight group of friends and among those friends are some with premium, they can directly assist you inventory and money wise.

Also, granted if the team level is high enough and has bought the feature, you'll have access to TEAM storage. Which is nice.

Oh. Right. You also get premium in PSO2es. Idk what that gives you, but lol that's there for you if you like.

Premium gives massive conveniences to you. It's a bit scattered out, but if you do a lot in PSO2 (Multiplayer, Solo, Teams, Shops, es, etc) then Premium pays for itself in saved play time lol.

Chdata
May 20, 2014, 05:41 PM
There's ways to play and get rich without ever needing premium.

I only get it out of habit of spending a monthly fee for a game, and PSO2 is the only one I play that has something like that atm.

It's mostly only useful for unlimited shop, storage space, and getting into full blocks.

BIG OLAF
May 20, 2014, 05:43 PM
Really liking it?

I take it you haven't found a really good weapon you've wanted and tried to grind it, etc.

Dnd
May 20, 2014, 05:47 PM
Premium in pso2es gives you a rappy coin a day, much more fun and a one hour warning of the next EQ instead of 15 minutes

AlaskanKactus
May 20, 2014, 06:11 PM
I would wait until you're higher in level like around 45 or 50s. At that point you've already had some time to experiment with other classes or you've found the build you enjoy the most. Premium will allow you to buy 10* or 11* weapons/armor that will compliment your build. Not to mention it helps get rich quick in order to pay for your expenses.

It is worth it once you've had some experience with the game and still find it enjoyable.

GHNeko
May 20, 2014, 09:15 PM
As everyone has so promptly said.

You stand to have the best and largest gains with premium at higher levels.

Omi
May 20, 2014, 09:47 PM
Really liking it?

I take it you haven't found a really good weapon you've wanted and tried to grind it, etc.

Oh, so we are trying to drive him away already? Cool, Cool

But yeah... grinding is totally something you shouldn't loathe... it is completely 100% "fair".
>.>... shhh...

In a more serious manner though, you will want to consider getting premium at about level 50 probably. By then you should have gotten a few 10* Weapons and Units and can trade them in to buy the 10* Weapon and Units that you want. However, if you become a class or just a regular "altaholic" it can take you a while before your level 50. Also premium can indirectly help you with the grinding issue addressed above. By selling things getting meseta and buying grind risk reducers etc.

If you don't know of this website it is very helpful: http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/.

I wish you luck and have fun.

AkumaYouji
May 20, 2014, 10:09 PM
Oh, so we are trying to drive him away already? Cool, Cool

But yeah... grinding is totally something you shouldn't loathe... it is completely 100% "fair".
>.>... shhh...

In a more serious manner though, you will want to consider getting premium at about level 50 probably. By then you should have gotten a few 10* Weapons and Units and can trade them in to buy the 10* Weapon and Units that you want. However, if you become a class or just a regular "altaholic" it can take you a while before your level 50. Also premium can indirectly help you with the grinding issue addressed above. By selling things getting meseta and buying grind risk reducers etc.

If you don't know of this website it is very helpful: http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/.

I wish you luck and have fun.

yeah, I got premium with my PSO2 vita and have just recently used it (level 54 now) and it is EXTREMELY nice to have that shop available at all times. Also like many said some premium perks cannot be utilized untill VH/SH (10/11 star passes) and only the SH rooms get full during EQ's in my ship so if you cant do SH then you don't need to use premium slots.
The premium drinks are nice especially with the added bonus if increasing rare drops. That being said you can make it fairly far into the game without premium using +10 red/blue weapons and a decent set of +10 units.

Like the person above (at least its what i solely utilized premium for) was the passes so its not NECESSARY to have it until you want higher grade weapons/units but if you have the money to pay for it i would definitely recommend it at maybe hard mode? ive gotten a few rares in hard mode worth 60-80k.

Miyuki_Kamiko
May 20, 2014, 11:07 PM
honestly the smartest time to get premium is when your inventory has alot of 10* and a few extra 11* weapons
and a bunch of 10* units this way you can trade in them all at once
realistically you only need about 5 of each weapon pass and 6 or 9 10* unit passes

as for the shop always accessible that really depends on the person i use fun points for 3 day shop passes

ive only ever bought premium once and that was when episode 2 was new and i still have 4 10* weapon passes and 47 10* unit passes yes i ran alot of varhda eq and VH tacos ragne and varhda units i traded

as i just mentioned TACOS time attack client orders that is your best source of meseta once you reach level 40 you can make over 800k meseta a day on one character though that is running hard and very hard tacos in the same day which roughly is about 1 hour 30 mins to 2 hours a day

Cybermynd
May 20, 2014, 11:10 PM
I thought you couldn't get 10* unless you had premium or can you still find them without it.

The Walrus
May 21, 2014, 12:00 AM
...you can find them of course you just can't buy them from player shops without passes that you can only get by trading in 10* stuff with premium

May 21, 2014, 12:33 AM
I don't think I'd buy premium unless I knew I could afford 'perfect' gear within one month. The only features that are really worth spending real money on imo are the 10/11 star purchase passes. But again, you could just wait until you have enough money in-game, then buy all the ones you want in one month.

AkumaYouji
May 21, 2014, 12:39 AM
as for the shop always accessible that really depends on the person i use fun points for 3 day shop passes

can you BUY shop passes with fun in the fun shop and im missing something? because i have shit luck and am lucky to get 1 shop pass out of 20k of fun