PDA

View Full Version : Force/Ranger, Techer/Ranger?

Kichiro
May 22, 2014, 12:48 AM
Will it work decently? Mainly only for weak bullet, because it seems extremely OP.

At one point I was in a party with a Ranger that was oftenly using weak bullet and my spells were doing an insane amount of damage (stacked Illbarta, with a weakened enemy) so I kind of want to try Force/Ranger or Techer/Ranger, but I would like to know if any of you have tried it. If so, how did it work out?

MimiChan
May 22, 2014, 01:33 AM
Well you forgot that WB has a huge cool down, limited to 4 shots when maxed, and only works with a Rifle to begin with.

It can work if you can get your hands on a Flowpetal which sports 929 Tatk but it's Ratk is just to low.

The only thing I like about having Ra as a subclass for Fo is that PP killing bonus where you regenerate 10pp for every monster who dies in the vicinity.

If you think WB is a good enough reason just to sub Fo with Ra, why not just sub Ra with another powerhouse class like Br or Gu in the first place. They would synchronize more.

Rakurai
May 22, 2014, 01:43 AM
PP Save Bullet and Killing Bonus would actually make teching with a rifle feasible.

Pity they don't have any abilities that boost tech damage other then Weak Bullet, though, plus the Flaupetal has lol Fury Stance as its latent. Why they decided to give a tech rifle that along with making Hunter the only non-standard class that can equip it is beyond me.

Kichiro
May 22, 2014, 01:44 AM
I see, well Fo/Ra it was just an idea. But you're right, Br or Gu would work out better in the end, specially' if I were to subclass ranger JUST for WB.

Thanks.~ ^ w ^

GoldenFalcon
May 22, 2014, 02:50 AM
Keep in mind, Sharpshooter works with technics (but cancels out the Killing Bonus)

This T-atk rifle with Bullet Saver and a tree for Iru Barta sounds somewhat decent for killing bosses

holmwood
May 22, 2014, 03:20 AM
Well you forgot that WB has a huge cool down, limited to 4 shots when maxed, and only works with a Rifle to begin with.

It can work if you can get your hands on a Flowpetal which sports 929 Tatk but it's Ratk is just to low.

The only thing I like about having Ra as a subclass for Fo is that PP killing bonus where you regenerate 10pp for every monster who dies in the vicinity.

If you think WB is a good enough reason just to sub Fo with Ra, why not just sub Ra with another powerhouse class like Br or Gu in the first place. They would synchronize more.

Where'd you get the info that it has 929 Tatk. : /
On japanese swiki, it adds 600 ish Satk.

Rakurai
May 22, 2014, 03:22 AM
Cirnopedia said that it had T-ATK.

So much for that idea, but really, they need to have more S-ATK/R-ATK weapons with high T-ATK on them to make hybrid specs viable.

GoldenFalcon
May 22, 2014, 03:47 AM
lol reading a wiki wrong

Rien
May 22, 2014, 05:41 AM
only Holy Ray has t-atk.

And that's like +190 t-atk

Rayokarna
May 22, 2014, 06:09 AM
The best casting weapon Ranger has is Vibras Launcher, unfortunately Holy Ray is the only rifle to have T-Attack (and minimum really do be honest). Killing bonus is good for the most part but PP Bullet Save is really good, shame it's so far down the tree.

Lumpen Thingy
May 22, 2014, 08:58 PM
its a shit mix I wouldn't bother with it unless you want to be the broken leg of the mpa when it really matters like in TD2 or Falz loser

GHNeko
May 22, 2014, 09:09 PM
what encouraging words lumpen.

underplayed/low tier characters and builds sometimes may just have something undiscovered that makes then legit, but it takes years for that to be found since no one plays them. FORA & TERA may be just that.

or....
FORA & TERA just may be not good regardless http://www.chatslang.com/images/shortcuts/twitch/admins/kappa.png

GoldenFalcon
May 22, 2014, 10:19 PM
Fo/Ra and Te/Ra would be good if there are no rangers in the party, but from what I've seen, every boss EQ always has enough weakpoint bullet to go around

Te/Ra is probably the best support character. If that mattered.

Kondibon
May 23, 2014, 07:13 AM
Te/Ra is probably the best support character. If that mattered.Pretty much this.

TE/RA has a lot of support options, but support isn't very good so it doesn't matter much.