PDA

View Full Version : PSO2es Device Code support ticket

A Man in Flames
May 23, 2014, 06:20 PM
Greetings PSOW,

I have had the unfortunate demise of having my phone that I was using to play PSO2es become compromised and completely inaccessible. I have replaced the phone entirely and of course knowing in advance that in doing so and logging back into the PSO2es, I would be greeted with the infamous 16 digit hexadecimal device code password prompt.

I have a friend who lives in Japan who assisted me in submitting a ticket to Sega Support (link: https://ssl.pso2.jp/es/players/support/inquiry/?mode=idpass). About 3 days after the ticket was submitted, I got this in an email response:

[SPOILER-BOX]平素は『ファンタシースターオンライン2 es』をご愛顧いた
だき誠にありがとうございます。

恐れ入りますが、日本でサービスを行っている『ファンタシ
ースターオンライン2 es』に関しましては、日本国内からの
ご利用に限らせていただいております。

下記に、日本国外からのご利用に関する利用規約を掲載させ
ていただいておりますので、ご確認ください。

■『ファンタシースターオンライン2 es』利用規約
http://pso2.jp/es/players/support/rule/
http://pso2.jp/es/players/support/rule/ios/
(※第2条の「7」項目をご確認ください)

今後とも『ファンタシースターオンライン2 es』をよろしく
お願い申し上げます。

株式会社セガ
セガPCユーザーサポートセンター
※このメールの無断転載はご遠慮ください

■その他備考:
こんにちは、

「端末引き継ぎ情報」をコピーする前にPSO2esでプレイ始
まった端末が壊れてしまった。

新しい端末でPSO2esにログインできません。

どうすればいいでしょうか。

宜しくお願いいします。[/SPOILER-BOX]

Google translate made it simple enough to understand they will not help me because it is against the TOS to login to the game outside of Japan, this same clause of course exists in the full game. It's clear to me that when they looked into my account, they could see my phone and it's IP address was clearly outside of Japan and thus decided that was sufficient enough to refuse supporting me.

I made this thread to share my experience and let it serve as a warning to anyone playing PSO2es that if you want to keep playing, it would be a good idea to proactively record your device code on a weekly basis just in case you end up in a situation like me. As far as I can tell, I have no way of regaining access to PSO2es. My account has NOT been banned, I can still login to PSO2.

All that said, is there anyone out there who like me, lost access to the device you were using for PSO2es, live outside of Japan, and were you able to submit a support ticket and regain access to your PSO2es login?

Shinamori
May 23, 2014, 07:00 PM
Hey, at least they didn't ban you.

Shadowth117
May 23, 2014, 07:15 PM
Hey, at least they didn't ban you.

Its still very shitty to have a source of AC taken away from you because their system is too stupid to allow you to change such things from you know, the main account management site.

This only happened because their system has nothing in place outside of their customer support services to change devices without the original device itself.

So if you get your phone stolen, have fun with that.

Jazneo
May 23, 2014, 07:25 PM
never connect your phone to pso2es. only login in manual

GHNeko
May 23, 2014, 07:38 PM
Even more reason to use bluestacks for this nonsense.

Like what the hell lol.

Maronji
May 24, 2014, 12:54 AM
This is why I was paranoid and wrote down every single transfer code the second I logged into a character: to avoid exactly this same situation. I have a tendency to try to be as wicked prepared as possible for worst-case scenarios like these, though, so that's not really saying much.

As an interesting note (for those who are unaware), the codes are unique per character and per device. Basically...

Same character, two devices = Different
Two characters, same device = Different

In any case, you have my sympathy. No one should ever have to go through this. I know I'd be upset if I were in your situation, myself.

PSA: Write down your device transfer codes in case of catastrophic device failure or theft, guys.

[S]kyHawk
May 24, 2014, 10:06 AM
How odd. I myself had to deal with such a situation before, though mine was slightly different, I managed to get back my account.

I ran PSO2es on BlueStacks. I had some problems with BlueStacks, so I uninstalled it and deleted the registry entries as well.

When I reinstalled BlueStacks, installed PSO2es, then tried to log in, it didn't recognize my device and asked for a 16-digit code. But I forgot to save the code somewhere before uninstalling BlueStacks, and so locked myself out of my PSO2es account.

Then I saw this post (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3127408&postcount=85). I followed the instructions, sent the ticket and waited. The next day, I received an email from SEGA support with my 16-digit code. I'm not sure if this method still works, though.

Now I've learnt my lesson. I save the code somewhere just in case I need to use it again.

Shadowth117
May 24, 2014, 11:36 AM
kyHawk;3139917']How odd. I myself had to deal with such a situation before, though mine was slightly different, I managed to get back my account.

I ran PSO2es on BlueStacks. I had some problems with BlueStacks, so I uninstalled it and deleted the registry entries as well.

When I reinstalled BlueStacks, installed PSO2es, then tried to log in, it didn't recognize my device and asked for a 16-digit code. But I forgot to save the code somewhere before uninstalling BlueStacks, and so locked myself out of my PSO2es account.

Then I saw this post (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3127408&postcount=85). I followed the instructions, sent the ticket and waited. The next day, I received an email from SEGA support with my 16-digit code. I'm not sure if this method still works, though.

Now I've learnt my lesson. I save the code somewhere just in case I need to use it again.

That's very interesting to know. I actually had my own issue with Bluestacks. I'll have to try that when I have access to something that'll run PSO2ES again. (No I can't use Bluestacks and other droid emus seem to fail on PSO2ES)

A Man in Flames
May 24, 2014, 01:22 PM
kyHawk;3139917']How odd. I myself had to deal with such a situation before, though mine was slightly different, I managed to get back my account.

This is exactly the same thing I filled out. The only difference is, it was through the official PSO2es support page, unlike the link for support in that post. Seems like that person lucked out and got support before Sega got their support system fully in place for PSO2es inquiries.

pretz7x
Jun 2, 2014, 08:59 AM
Just had to deal with this problem as well.
I had my pso2es account linked to my tablet and it recently got stolen.

Sent in a support ticket and they linked pretty much the same email they gave to you back at me, saying they can't do anything.

This definitely should be something that can be reset from the account management after logging in, but unfortunately we don't have that option.

Yamashii
Jun 2, 2014, 03:28 PM
Not to hijack this thread, but I figure it's relevant. I've got an account synced to Bluestacks, but bluestacks keeps crashing on my computer, thus disallowing me to obtain my code. I'm afraid to reinstall bluestacks and thus change the "Device" I'm using. Does anyone know what all I need to be able to keep my "Device" recognized as the same device? I read somewhere all I need is the "GUID" which I've already got, but I'm not sure if that's all that matters.

A Man in Flames
Jun 2, 2014, 04:16 PM
Not to hijack this thread, but I figure it's relevant. I've got an account synced to Bluestacks, but bluestacks keeps crashing on my computer, thus disallowing me to obtain my code. I'm afraid to reinstall bluestacks and thus change the "Device" I'm using. Does anyone know what all I need to be able to keep my "Device" recognized as the same device? I read somewhere all I need is the "GUID" which I've already got, but I'm not sure if that's all that matters.

Not a hijack at all, it definitely is relevant. Just goes to show nobody is safe from losing their PSO2es account access.

Perhaps Rupikachu could answer this: is there by chance a local file on the device storage that would contain the device code? If there is, we may have a chance at recovering accounts this way provided you have access to the device you last used to login with.

Also, bit of a stretch here, anyone switch over to the iOS version from an Android based device and if so, did it require a device code?

Yamashii
Jun 2, 2014, 05:37 PM
I've actually got a solution for the problem I had. I borrowed another computer, installed Bluestacks on it and obtained the GUID from the other, faulty computer. Changed the GUID of the borrowed computer to the faulty one, and it let me right through. :D So for future reference, if Bluestacks refuses to boot on your primary computer, locate your GUID and borrow someone else's computer.

I found this information from this tutorial;
[SPOILER-BOX]http://bloodbrothersgame.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:Bluestacks[/SPOILER-BOX]

Now I've hit another snag, however. One that might need a little translation help;
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i57.tinypic.com/sqrsao.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

^ Not quite sure what it's telling me here... but it seems serious...?

Kantalope
Jun 2, 2014, 05:44 PM

This question is relevant to my interests. I'm currently having the same issue, and afraid to reinstall. It happened within the last week or so, when nvidia released new drivers. I've tried rolling back my drivers, but same thing, just stuck at Initializing... I have a feeling that the nvidia update is related. If keeping the GUID works, that would be fantastic.