PDA

View Full Version : change the voice on NPC?

Jazneo
May 23, 2014, 07:29 PM
can you change the sound file in npc voices? i was thinking it be cool if someone made some fan made dub voice for it. i get annoying with japanese voices when npc talks

mctastee
May 23, 2014, 07:34 PM
Modifying files in anyway is against SEGA ToS. Which is why you use the english patch at your own risk. To answer your question though, I am sure there is a way to modify these files, but it is against forum rules to discuss it here.

Jazneo
May 23, 2014, 07:35 PM
Modifying files in anyway is against SEGA ToS. Which is why you use the english patch at your own risk.

well duh. i just asking if there way edit the voices npc with new npc sound file

Sizustar
May 23, 2014, 07:43 PM
It's probabely doable, but not likely that anyone would take the time to do so.
Since it'll require finding each voice file, unpacking them, and repacking them.

infiniteeverlasting
May 23, 2014, 08:22 PM
most people play the game because its japanese, and im pretty sure more than half the people here prefer the japanese voices over an english dub, in fact for any k rpg/ jrpg i have i like to use the japanese voices and try to even replace it with the original japanese voice files. hearing an english voice going like "huh ha!" and saying very shounen-esque lines sounds wayyyyy too cheesey imo. So i doubt that anyone is going to do any kind of fandub, i cant imagine how the hell matoi would sound like in english, it would probably be unbearable. and tsundere echo? please, in english speaking culture, this stuff doesnt exist.

Dragwind
May 23, 2014, 11:02 PM
Since this is considered modifying game files, this discussion should remain at the point of whether it's possible or not, but not discussion of methods.

Chik'Tikka
May 24, 2014, 03:05 AM
Somewhere deep (a year ago maybe?) in either the Tweaker or story patch thread i think AIDA mentioned this was possible, but the work needed to get good quality voice over would be astounding. Even with volunteers, you'd have to make sure they had studio quality mics and the ability to actually act convincingly for whatever character your dubbing. Then there's detail stuff like changing the translations so that the voice acting lip-synched better and fit within the scene playtime (take arigatou gozaimasu vs thank you very much, both mean the same, but one is five syllables, the other eight) then speaking the direct translations, voice modulation for CASTs, Caseals, transmissions, and yada yada yada+^_^+

*so many commas, sleep time nao*

blace
May 24, 2014, 03:38 AM
voice acting lip-synched

There's lip synching in this game?