PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Poll: Should we use the SEA translation of PSO2?

moorebounce
May 24, 2014, 01:34 PM
Seeing how you can't play the Sea version w/o a VPN. Plus it's on different servers and you would have to start over from scratch. Mind you I would still switch in a heartbeat to a legit NA/EU version of this game. After thinking about it a bit I wouldn't mind seeing the SEA version translation in the English patch of the JP game.

Jazneo
May 24, 2014, 01:38 PM
i think the people who make the english patch are all ready looking into it. they might use some stuff that have hard time translate

NexusAZ
May 24, 2014, 01:39 PM
If anything is brought over, it would be MAYBE a few translations. Most of the SEA translations.... not so great.

blace
May 24, 2014, 01:40 PM
Part of the translations sure, but not the entire translation word for word.

Why not just contact the translators or AIDA than asking for opinions from a heavily opinionated community?

Ephidiel
May 24, 2014, 01:43 PM
please no

Gardios
May 24, 2014, 01:44 PM
If anything is brought over, it would be MAYBE a few translations. Most of the SEA translations.... not so great.

Terminology maybe, but it's a good translation otherwise.

Sizustar
May 24, 2014, 01:52 PM
Didn't Aida and the translation team already made a decision on this?
What this poll does, doesn't matter in the least.

nathanielzor
May 24, 2014, 01:56 PM
Let's all be WIZARDS!

Shadowth117
May 24, 2014, 01:58 PM
I usually am happy enough with the JP text, but if I really needed to clarify some things I'd definitely use AIDA's group's translation over the SEA crap any day.

moorebounce
May 24, 2014, 02:22 PM
Didn't Aida and the translation team already made a decision on this?
What this poll does, doesn't matter in the least.

I don't know of such thing or I wouldn't have made this poll.

Z-0
May 24, 2014, 02:32 PM
I think that it should be clarified that the SEA translation itself is actually very good (you know, flavour text, descriptions, NPC dialogue and all that garbage). It's just the terminology, such as enemy names and whatnot that's bad.

LonelyGaruga
May 24, 2014, 03:23 PM
I don't know of such thing or I wouldn't have made this poll.

The translation team has stated that they're going to use the SEA translation to augment the patch. They are not going to blindly replace everything with SEA translations, and they aren't going to completely ignore it either. This is pretty standard practice, really.

I don't know why you thought it appropriate to make the thread when the SEA translation has been known for ages, and looking around should have told you that the translation team already made a decision, and even if they didn't, a poll like this wouldn't make the decision for them. It's good for gathering opinions, but the poll choices are honestly really limited, and it's kind of glaring that the choice that the translation team made isn't even an option on the poll...but whatever.

Punisher106
May 24, 2014, 03:47 PM
99% of the stuff that the english patchers did I'm fine with. Then again, there are a few things that I like in the SEA translation a bit more (Paradigm Matrix for Matter Board, Automata for the robots).

Jazneo
May 24, 2014, 03:52 PM
99% of the stuff that the english patchers did I'm fine with. Then again, there are a few things that I like in the SEA translation a bit more (Paradigm Matrix for Matter Board, Automata for the robots).

It just take to do that stuff they someday add that

moorebounce
May 24, 2014, 04:47 PM
I don't know why you thought it appropriate to make the thread when the SEA translation has been known for ages, and looking around should have told you that the translation team already made a decision, and even if they didn't, a poll like this wouldn't make the decision for them. It's good for gathering opinions, but the poll choices are honestly really limited, and it's kind of glaring that the choice that the translation team made isn't even an option on the poll...but whatever.

I did this just for you. lol