PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 So they also changed latents on other version of PSO2

Sizustar
May 24, 2014, 08:12 PM
Taiwan Version Dragon fang latent
5% chance to deal +60 damage on Dragon type enemy...
http://i.imgur.com/AFg76Zx.jpg

Horo The Wise Wolf
May 24, 2014, 08:15 PM
RNG based damage.

Brilliant

seilent
May 24, 2014, 08:25 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if they add more and more RNG there xD
and probably p2w stuff

btw-Niji
May 24, 2014, 08:25 PM
"+60 damage" lol. are you kidding me....

Gardios
May 24, 2014, 08:26 PM
Soooooo close to autocasting techniques on hit. You can do it, SEGA! I believe in you!

Esofor
May 24, 2014, 08:27 PM
nice

maybe at level 3 it'll do +60000 more damage

Z-0
May 24, 2014, 08:28 PM
Nah, I think it will be 10% chance to do 60 more damage.

Xaeris
May 24, 2014, 08:29 PM
+60 damage? As in, like, the number? It procs and deals 60 damage, is that what we're talking about? I...just...wow. Just lol.

infiniteeverlasting
May 24, 2014, 08:29 PM
and then they make god hand have the "godly meteor" potential, with a +70% chance of hitting max damage on meteor fist.

btw-Niji
May 24, 2014, 08:32 PM
Nah, I think it will be 10% chance to do 60 more damage.
Let's move to Taiwan server for TA. ;-)

mctastee
May 24, 2014, 11:21 PM
Soooooo close to autocasting techniques on hit. You can do it, SEGA! I believe in you!
Just out of curiosity, how often are you disappointed by SEGA?

Dnd
May 24, 2014, 11:22 PM
Im sat here laughing my ass off and facepalming so hard in equal amounts.. and I thought most latents we already had were terrible

Shadowth117
May 25, 2014, 12:13 AM
Well guys look. Its RNG. And we know what the great Inazuma told us about RNG. We just need to work hard enough to proc it. All it really means to get a higher chance for it to happen is that we don't need to work quite as hard for it. I wonder if there's a latent for iruzonde or sazan.

pkemr4
May 25, 2014, 12:15 AM
do you have a list of what the changed latents are and what they do?

Macman
May 25, 2014, 05:04 AM
What weapon is that? I don't know my kanji.

Shinamori
May 25, 2014, 05:53 AM
It's probably Fin Volg.

Laxedrane
May 25, 2014, 06:00 AM
Though 60 damage is redicolous. Fix damage instead of a precent. Depending on what level, skill trees and weapons available that isn't terrible for now. If it was back when the strongest weapon was 300-400 +60 is solid. Not that doesn't make it a shitty latent it's just not so terrible until the update where they drop weapons with twice that attack damage.XD

Sizustar
May 25, 2014, 06:28 AM
Though 60 damage is redicolous. Fix damage instead of a precent. Depending on what level, skill trees and weapons available that isn't terrible for now. If it was back when the strongest weapon was 300-400 +60 is solid. Not that doesn't make it a shitty latent it's just not so terrible until the update where they drop weapons with twice that attack damage.XD

Only 5% chance to activate the +60 damage on a specific type of enemy.

MimiChan
May 25, 2014, 06:38 AM
Well if you can look pass the shitty numbers (those are easily changed anyway) but focus on the auto casting part, you can see how Sega can expand it to make game play more exciting.

And come on, RNG is not all that bad. For me, I really enjoy playing a game with these kinds of mechanics (RO and Eden Eternal comes to mind) because it makes the game not so monotonous, those low chance to proc, but when they do, it gives you that small sense of adrenaline.

Imagine a 13* Rifle that has a 1% chance of loading a WB while attacking, or Wand that has a low chance of casting Zanverse/Megiverse. It would drastically make the game more dynamic.

Specially true for buff type auto cast (x% to increase your damage by x sec) when it procs, you have to take advantage of a small window of opportunity.

I am excited for these kinds of stuffs.

Yden
May 25, 2014, 09:46 AM
Obviously there needs to be a rifle that attacks with a chance of casting Il Foie on the target so I can spam one point and watch meteors rain from the sky. Seriously, % based potentials would vary people's playstyle from just using the most powerful PA to something else that takes advantage of the proc effects.

gigawuts
May 25, 2014, 10:01 AM
Well guys look. Its RNG. And we know what the great Inazuma told us about RNG. We just need to work hard enough to proc it. All it really means to get a higher chance for it to happen is that we don't need to work quite as hard for it. I wonder if there's a latent for iruzonde or sazan.

10% chance for uncharged sazan to do 60 more damage

Remz69
May 25, 2014, 10:10 AM
10% chance for uncharged sazan to do 60 more damage against enemies weak to wind

fixed :lol:

LonelyGaruga
May 25, 2014, 11:29 AM
It's probably Fin Volg.

I'm fairly sure it's one of the Taiwanese weapons. There's a potential not yet implemented in the game listed below Dragon Hunter. I can only read the kanji for fire, and all of the Taiwanese weapons are either dragon or fire themed, so it's a pretty safe bet to say this weapon is completely new.

Fin Volg is written in katakana anyway (like most names), and does not have two potentials (at least, not yet).

Maenara
May 25, 2014, 12:16 PM
When dealing over 500,000 damage, 0.00001% chance to instantly kill an enemy. May only activate once per month. While using premium drink, effect changes to: When dealing over 1,000 damage, 10% chance to instantly kill an enemy. May only activate once per 5 seconds.

Sp-24
May 25, 2014, 12:18 PM
I'm fairly sure it's one of the Taiwanese weapons. There's a potential not yet implemented in the game listed below Dragon Hunter. I can only read the kanji for fire, and all of the Taiwanese weapons are either dragon or fire themed, so it's a pretty safe bet to say this weapon is completely new.

Fin Volg is written in katakana anyway (like most names), and does not have two potentials (at least, not yet).
Chinese and Japanese are different languages. Chinese does not use hiragana or katakana at all. That weapon IS Fin Volg, that's what it's called there. And that potential is Dragon Fang, that's what it does there.

When dealing over 500,000 damage, 0.00001% chance to instantly kill an enemy.
Doesn't work on bosses.

Sizustar
May 25, 2014, 12:28 PM

No, you're wrong.

infiniteeverlasting
May 25, 2014, 01:22 PM
too bad the chinese is not in simplified... i can't read traditional.

Sizustar
May 25, 2014, 01:27 PM
too bad the chinese is not in simplified... i can't read traditional.

Well, you should start learning then, even China's government is starting to phase out Simplified Chinese.

And here's Ardillo
It's renamed to Pili(Thunderbolt/Awsome) Steel Sword
Seitenweise = Heaven Equaled Rod(Heaven Equaled could be a homage to the Monkey King Sun Wukong, as his other name Great Sage, Equal of Heaven, the Equal of heaven is generally contributed to him.

http://i.imgur.com/nWZ2Jrl.jpg

infiniteeverlasting
May 25, 2014, 01:50 PM
Well, you should start learning then, even China's government is starting to phase out Simplified Chinese.

And here's Ardillo
It's renamed to Pili(Thunderbolt/Awsome) Steel Sword
Seitenweise = Heaven Equaled Rod(Heaven Equaled could be a homage to the Monkey King Sun Wukong, as his other name Great Sage, Equal of Heaven, the Equal of heaven is generally contributed to him.

http://i.imgur.com/nWZ2Jrl.jpg

LOL not really... as far as i can see, my parents can read traditional without actually learning it, its just that im not good at reading simplified in the first place, there really isnt much difference between traditional and simplified, so normally if you learn one extensively, you can read the other easily.

AND SUN WUKONG my goddamn childhood right there. but sun wukong uses a huge jingubang.... not a magic rod... and hes melee 24/7 and uses his photons to transform his hair into doppelgangers. :lol:

LonelyGaruga
May 25, 2014, 01:58 PM
No, you're wrong.

So Fin Volg has two potentials now? I don't really need to know the languages involved to understand that there are two potentials listed. A simple explanation other than "You're wrong" wouldn't hurt, either.

EDIT: Ah, never mind, I see my mistake. Thought that was the potential unlocking screen, that "second potential" is just Vol Soul. Duh.

g361656110
May 25, 2014, 02:22 PM

The name of this weapon resembles mostly to is Fin Volg, since if you take it literally, it's something like phoenix wing duel blade, and since it has vol soul it's safe to assume.

Sp-24
May 25, 2014, 02:27 PM
http://pso2wiki.psocn.com/doku.php/weapon/フィンヴォルグ

Macman
May 25, 2014, 05:26 PM
4.7m for an Ardillo.
Boy that takes me back.

Sizustar
May 27, 2014, 02:28 AM
Why was this moved to Guide section?

KuroKanden
May 27, 2014, 04:56 AM
pretty sure its the vol TDs, but lol, wtf!?

TaigaUC
May 29, 2014, 12:08 AM
This is some terrible shit.

I'd have suggested that they're clearly trying to make people appreciate the JP version more, but then they went and slapped an IP block on, so...

Sizustar
May 29, 2014, 12:17 AM
This is some terrible shit.

I'd have suggested that they're clearly trying to make people appreciate the JP version more, but then they went and slapped an IP block on, so...

There is no IP block for the Taiwan version, it's been active for alittle over a month now.