PDA

View Full Version : Pso 2 english Asiasoft

Afro The Great
May 25, 2014, 11:38 PM
Is anyone else getting it, I know me and my buddy downloaded it here in the states. I was just wondering if anyone is gonna play it as well....

Takatsuki
May 25, 2014, 11:48 PM
Nobody tell him.

Let him find out on his own.

nathanielzor
May 26, 2014, 12:02 AM
Nobody tell him.

Let him find out on his own.
Well okaaaaaaaaaay if you insist.

.Jack
May 26, 2014, 12:11 AM
I might try it out just for the lols. You're going to have to use a VPN in order to play it in case you aren't aware of the IP region block thing.

mctastee
May 26, 2014, 12:12 AM
Well okaaaaaaaaaay if you insist.
Can the pso-w community just agree to stop replying to threads about the SEA version of PSO2 so they can just sink to the bottom where they belong. I know this is the pso-w community I am talking about, but I figured I may as well take a shot.

seilent
May 26, 2014, 12:13 AM
:D

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219409
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219399
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219065
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218542
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218376
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218416
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218393
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219513

infiniteeverlasting
May 26, 2014, 12:28 AM
You do know the a$iasoft version is horrible right? Not just it's translation but everything leads to paying money . And content is always going to be years behind.

Renvalt
May 26, 2014, 07:31 PM
You do know the a$iasoft version is horrible right? Not just it's translation but everything leads to paying money . And content is always going to be years behind.

Don't bother. These type of Americans have a strange, incomprehensible obsession with only playing this game if it has a legitimate English translation.

Apparently, playing with the JP and the risk of getting banned (is there really a huge risk?) are too dangerous for them to try this version out.

Honestly... my patience with my intolerant countrymen is getting thin. Granted, there are some who aren't this thick-skulled, but seriously... when are they going to lower their guard, even if a little?

Chdata
May 26, 2014, 08:12 PM
There's already hundreds of English players in the JP version of the game who haven't been banned since it was released...

tuxdude143
May 26, 2014, 08:58 PM
For fucks sake! Another thread on the SEA version?!? Fucking STOP IT with these threads already!! Sheesh, some people are just too stupid to check if theirs already been a thread about the sea version.

Afro The Great
May 26, 2014, 10:44 PM
Well sorry i didn't know about the other threads but the VPN and Ip address change is really easy....I played the Japanese version til i hit lvl40 and then i got tired of translating.

infiniteeverlasting
May 26, 2014, 10:50 PM
Well sorry i didn't know about the other threads but the VPN and Ip address change is really easy....I played the Japanese version til i hit lvl40 and then i got tired of translating.

There's something called the "tweaker" that translates everything for you now, if you don't know already.

And if you want to play the money version of pso2 where you hafto pay for literally anything you want to do, go ahead. And if you'd like to have content that's 2 years behind forever, then be my guest.

Sizustar
May 26, 2014, 11:25 PM

Well, 99.99% of the forum goes here play the Japanese version.
So if latent change is the same as the Taiwan, and other change, then information and discussion or question that you have, might not be able to match up with the information that goes in the japanese version that the majority play here, and you'll have to find another community beside this one.

.Jack
May 27, 2014, 12:00 AM

Yeah, If you're interested in trying it out the new version that shouldn't be hard to do if you know what to do. Keep in mind the Japanese version is superior, most of it is translated in English with a patch and SEGAJP knows about it and the outside JP region players. don't bother the JP community and you should be fine like most foreign players.

Chik'Tikka
May 27, 2014, 02:02 AM
Well, 99.99% of the forum goes here play the Japanese version.
So if latent change is the same as the Taiwan, and other change, then information and discussion or question that you have, might not be able to match up with the information that goes in the japanese version that the majority play here, and you'll have to find another community beside this one.

after a bit of googling, there seem to already be some English speaking communities appearing for the SEA version, and PSO-W is supposed to be "the largest Phantasy Star community"+^_^+ i say lets just stay patient and welcome SEA players as well as JP players, i mean, there were multiple versions of PSU this forum held topics about, why can't PSO-W do the same for PSO2?+^_^+

Sizustar
May 27, 2014, 02:27 AM
after a bit of googling, there seem to already be some English speaking communities appearing for the SEA version, and PSO-W is supposed to be "the largest Phantasy Star community"+^_^+ i say lets just stay patient and welcome SEA players as well as JP players, i mean, there were multiple versions of PSU this forum held topics about, why can't PSO-W do the same for PSO2?+^_^+

It will be interesting for them to share information on the difference.

But I haven't heard SEA version getting any SEA only content though.

Taiwan has the Weapon and outfit, and Lobby, and now the Taiwan only RNG Latent on weapons.

Alexandrious12
May 27, 2014, 02:32 AM
Sighs sadly after some tests, it appears they placed up IP Blocking of some forms for PSO2 SEA. I had to use a Vietnam IP via a VPN Service just to be able to download the client, patch it, and go into it.

Also the Japanese version and this...Tweaker...seems that last major update has changed alot of things. I keep running into alot of untranslated things concerning story, items, NPCs and such. It felt like only 70 percent was translated instead of the 96 percent I was told of. Any idea what happened?

Nymfidemus
May 27, 2014, 02:47 AM
It will be interesting for them to share information on the difference.

But I haven't heard SEA version getting any SEA only content though.

Taiwan has the Weapon and outfit, and Lobby, and now the Taiwan only RNG Latent on weapons.

I took a peek on their site...

Terms & Conditions:
• Phantasy Star Online 2 Team and Asiasoft reserves the right to change the details without prior notice.
• Decision of the team is final.

- AS PSO2 Administrator

One never know what'll they change though. I think they'll probably stick with their game term; Force=Wizard, My Room=Quarters, Visiphone=Vidphone and Health Potion for Mates.

And again, spending 50k AC during event period for a Yellow Rappy Suit is just...

WildarmsRE5
May 27, 2014, 04:10 AM
I'm pretty sure the IRL Money -----> AC are not directly proportional.

Jazneo
May 27, 2014, 05:11 AM
Don't bother. These type of Americans have a strange, incomprehensible obsession with only playing this game if it has a legitimate English translation.

Apparently, playing with the JP and the risk of getting banned (is there really a huge risk?) are too dangerous for them to try this version out.

Honestly... my patience with my intolerant countrymen is getting thin. Granted, there are some who aren't this thick-skulled, but seriously... when are they going to lower their guard, even if a little?

you never get ban on JP servers they accept america money in pso2es app to buy AC.

Sea need to remove there IP block if they want more people to play it

Alexandrious12
May 27, 2014, 05:11 AM
There's something called the "tweaker" that translates everything for you now, if you don't know already.

And if you want to play the money version of pso2 where you hafto pay for literally anything you want to do, go ahead. And if you'd like to have content that's 2 years behind forever, then be my guest.

Honestly though, id rather have "engrish" and a delay in content over Tweaker and its half translated work. I know they work hard I really do, but it seems content comes out quicker than those guys can keep up with, thus they can only seem to maintain a translation completion rate of at most 85% which isnt enough for alot of people. I tried the game and noticed alot of messages, important conversations at the beginning, quests in the beginning, were not translated, and yes, I ran all the tweaker patches, did all the updates, did everything correctly. So either something major from the last update change everything, or somethin else is wrong.

Tbh with all of ya, PSO2 is probably SEGAs last chance to appeal to its western audiences, all the mass failings by SEGA in the past has deterred all but the most hardcore of fans and if they screw us over on PSO2 as well when and if they finally decide to give to us, then I really dont see SEGA lasting much longer unless they are counting on making all their money in Japan. PSO2 has been helping them with that alot in Japan, but it wont last long.

Sizustar
May 27, 2014, 05:20 AM
Honestly though, id rather have "engrish" and a delay in content over Tweaker and its half translated work. I know they work hard I really do, but it seems content comes out quicker than those guys can keep up with, thus they can only seem to maintain a translation completion rate of at most 85% which isnt enough for alot of people. I tried the game and noticed alot of messages, important conversations at the beginning, quests in the beginning, were not translated, and yes, I ran all the tweaker patches, did all the updates, did everything correctly. So either something major from the last update change everything, or somethin else is wrong.

Tbh with all of ya, PSO2 is probably SEGAs last chance to appeal to its western audiences, all the mass failings by SEGA in the past has deterred all but the most hardcore of fans and if they screw us over on PSO2 as well when and if they finally decide to give to us, then I really dont see SEGA lasting much longer unless they are counting on making all their money in Japan. PSO2 has been helping them with that alot in Japan, but it wont last long.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-05-09-segas-gaming-business-rebounds

Alexandrious12
May 27, 2014, 05:26 AM
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-05-09-segas-gaming-business-rebounds

Doesnt honestly mean jack shit. They got lucky with one title, out of the 10-20 or so mediocre to down right failing ones each time they manage to produce a golden egg. A god damn strategy game. The sega fanboys need to wake up and stop sucking on SEGAs dick, start voicing out your objections more, write more letters to SEGA, and tell them to stop giving us the crap we dont want, and give us the stuff we do want. Course that'll never happen, or that SEGA doesnt listen to us regardless. Hence why they keep losing money and refuse to put things out to us, blaming the west for their money losses.

Also btw, yes, the PSO2 SEA version, spite being in engrish, is infact, IP Blocked to anyone outside the designated SEA areas. If you wanna play it, your gonna need to find a good VPN, not a crappy free one that drops you at random, but one you pay 5-10 bucks for that has servers in the SEA area. Another spit in the face at the US/Canada audience by SEGA and of course, Playpark. Seriously, wake up if some of you haven't already. They screw PSO2 up for the west, doesnt matter if they release a new shenmue or what not, anyone in their right mind would no longer buy another SEGA product unless it gets a near perfect score on multiple reviewer sites.

Sighs. now if youll excuse me, I gotta look up builds on warrior for Wildstar, a game that was made friggen proper with its devs listening to its friggen audience, something SEGA needs to learn to do.

WildarmsRE5
May 27, 2014, 05:41 AM
the beginning and tutorial are not translated ofcourse, only most of the important stuff are translated. like menu's, grinding, crafting, shops, those that are more inclined playing the core of the game, story comes later.

btw, tutorial is easily passed by doing your "homework" on the game.

Sizustar
May 27, 2014, 05:46 AM
Doesnt honestly mean jack shit. They got lucky with one title, out of the 10-20 or so mediocre to down right failing ones each time they manage to produce a golden egg. A god damn strategy game. The sega fanboys need to wake up and stop sucking on SEGAs dick, start voicing out your objections more, write more letters to SEGA, and tell them to stop giving us the crap we dont want, and give us the stuff we do want. Course that'll never happen, or that SEGA doesnt listen to us regardless. Hence why they keep losing money and refuse to put things out to us, blaming the west for their money losses.

Also btw, yes, the PSO2 SEA version, spite being in engrish, is infact, IP Blocked to anyone outside the designated SEA areas. If you wanna play it, your gonna need to find a good VPN, not a crappy free one that drops you at random, but one you pay 5-10 bucks for that has servers in the SEA area. Another spit in the face at the US/Canada audience by SEGA and of course, Playpark. Seriously, wake up if some of you haven't already. They screw PSO2 up for the west, doesnt matter if they release a new shenmue or what not, anyone in their right mind would no longer buy another SEGA product unless it gets a near perfect score on multiple reviewer sites.

Sighs. now if youll excuse me, I gotta look up builds on warrior for Wildstar, a game that was made friggen proper with its devs listening to its friggen audience, something SEGA needs to learn to do.

They are profitable, so it's only your opinion that it's not profitable, they are focusing on what's making money, and that doesn't include the US market for their online game division.

Vintasticvin
May 27, 2014, 08:08 AM
I'm with Chik'tika on this. Stop being D-bags and welcome the SEA Pso2 players with open arms heck it'll be nice to hear how different things are on there from *puts on golden pompous wig and Fabio costume* THE GLORIOUS JP MASTER SERVERRRRRRR! Ahem That said welcome SEA players I look forward to hearing your stories.

Yden
May 27, 2014, 08:51 AM
you never get ban on JP servers they accept america money in pso2es app to buy AC.

Sea need to remove there IP block if they want more people to play it

You can't say never. Sega could all of a sudden apply an IP block to their servers for no good reason or go trigger happy with ban hammers for the translation patches. Granted it's not likely but the chances of it happening aren't zero.

Dgtljin
May 27, 2014, 10:35 AM
So like 3 days ago i started playing on the jap servers, and with the EQs its easy to lvl up. (only played like 5-10 hrs to test out builds and got most of the classes to lvl 30) I am trying the SEA version and its the true grind of knowing how the game probably first came out in JAP version b/c there are no EQs just the client orders, and just spamming the quests right now. (3-5 hrs of gameplay and only lvl 13 also the fact i just had a finger amputated may be a factor but i doubt that lol)

Even with me being in the Phillippines playing on the JAP servers are less laggy as of right now, but maybe will change over the next month on SEA. (example would be damage shows up late, which cause the creatures to stay up longer with wasted time etc etc)

One of the things that is irritating that i'm noticing from the SEA ver is with ranger u can be standing the mid long range distance with a rifle on ranger and out of the 3 round burst only 1 of the bullets hit (only time multiple hit is if u are standing still)

I also wanted to check the conversion rates for the AC and since its still in beta u can't purchase AC yet from what I tried.

Just sharing my experience so far on the servers. Hope this helps give a little insight

Nymfidemus
May 27, 2014, 11:17 AM
One of the things that is irritating that i'm noticing from the SEA ver is with ranger u can be standing the mid long range distance with a rifle on ranger and out of the 3 round burst only 1 of the bullets hit (only time multiple hit is if u are standing still).

I think the same thing applies to JP version, that's why its better to use 2nd view when you're playing range class. But since I don't play any range main/sub, I could be wrong on this one.

The only thing I like about SEA version...is the in-game font.

Sanguine2009
May 27, 2014, 12:00 PM
rifles have a accuracy buff in the Japanese version that we just got recently, its no surprise the the sea servers dont have it in their version considering how far behind they are

Galax
May 27, 2014, 01:28 PM
Honestly though, id rather have "engrish" and a delay in content over Tweaker and its half translated work.

You also mention something about it only being 85% translated, but this here...this is the line I'm interested in.

Let me just line up what, exactly, gets translated with these patches:

-All the quests.
--This includes Arks Quests, Free Exploration, Time Attack, Story, Emergency, Limited, Advanced, and Extreme.

-All the enemies.

-All the items, except for a select few; Relax Equip Conditions +30% is something I got recently, and it's still in Japanese. However, the +30% and the fact that I got it from a crafting related title, plus the image for it, told me what it was.

-All of the Photon Arts. Even the ones that get newly released are translated within a week that I have noticed, and the ones that aren't, you can just look at the latest update information, then match the PA to the weapon it's for, and boom - you know what it is. From there you can look up what it does, or test it out yourself.

-All of the shops. There is very little, shop-wise, that isn't translated.

-All but a tiny number of Client Orders. That "tiny number" may even have changed; I recall seeing a few in Japanese at one point, but I couldn't find them again when I went looking, leading me to believe this latest patch update fixed that.

-All of the NPC names. You no longer have to wonder if [insert katakana here] is Quna or Klotho if you can't read the stuff. You just look at their very much English names.

-All of the announcement banners, except for emergency announcements. The latter is because those aren't automated and cannot be translated to English, I'd imagine.

-All of the tips on the loading screens.

-All of the Emergency Trial Alerts & their objectives, except for Emergency Code Judgement. Unless that was also fixed in the latest patch files; I haven't gotten another Judgement trial yet.
--This includes the navigator chick's dialogue when these pop up.

If this is "not enough for a lot of people", they're being picky, and that's really all there is to it. Every major aspect of the game is now in English. The only things I have seen that are NOT in English is the random dialogue of NPCs, which is likely generic advice and comments on what's been happening according to your progression in the story mode.

If you really care so much about the "15%" that makes up random NPC dialogue, feel free to PM Aida on here, or contact him ingame; There's an open request to helping translate, you know. You could be the hero to "a lot of people" who gets those NPCs translated! Now we can really READ that all Wood has to say is "Be careful on Naberius. I hear Darkers have appeared."

Yeah, that was mildly sarcastic, sorry if you take offense. You've stated "a lot of people" feel that what the patches do is "not enough", yet you are the only person I have ever heard complain about it. It's only "85% of the game translated", when in truth, I'm pretty sure "everything except minor dialogue" is a bit more than 85%, and in either case? Eighty-five percent is one hell of a lot.

infiniteeverlasting
May 27, 2014, 01:43 PM
I'm done, just let this guy come weeping back to us saying that he wished he stayed on the jpn server because the $ea version is ju$t $o $hitty.

Afro The Great
May 27, 2014, 02:15 PM
The reason I'm getting the asiasoft pso2 is because it'll be fresh new servers, new people, and i don't care about the content being outdated. I played PSU on the xbox and we we're years behind. Although it was fun as hell, best game i have ever played in my lifetime.

Yden
May 27, 2014, 02:15 PM
If you really care so much about the "15%" that makes up random NPC dialogue, feel free to PM Aida on here, or contact him ingame; There's an open request to helping translate, you know. You could be the hero to "a lot of people" who gets those NPCs translated! Now we can really READ that all Wood has to say is "Be careful on Naberius. I hear Darkers have appeared.".

I'm pretty sure the people who care about that stuff are also people who can't translate it themselves. I for one care about these things since it's the stuff that fleshes out the world more. One thing I've always wondered is Why does Revelle hate darkers so much? Why do some of the NPCs start at a lower affection rating to you? What type of messages are left to you in the message packs? All these aspects are there for world building to make things feel more like a world people exist in but is lacking cause I can't understand it.

Galax
May 27, 2014, 03:03 PM
I'm pretty sure the people who care about that stuff are also people who can't translate it themselves. I for one care about these things since it's the stuff that fleshes out the world more. One thing I've always wondered is Why does Revelle hate darkers so much? Why do some of the NPCs start at a lower affection rating to you? What type of messages are left to you in the message packs? All these aspects are there for world building to make things feel more like a world people exist in but is lacking cause I can't understand it.

The question is, do these things bother you enough to quit PSO2JP? Would you toss away your level grinding, rares, and access to the friends who won't move with you just to play a version with....

-Outdated content

-Worse translation than the "unofficial" patches
--On that same note, translations that might not even say what they do on the JP version

-What will probably become P2W

-"Added" content that is even more worthless than what exists on JP
--RNG latent for +60 damage to Dragonkin. Saw a screenshot somewhere for that.

All in all, if you really want to know what's being said, join a team & ask around. Surely someone will be nice enough to help you out, letting you know what's being said?

And hell, I can offer some guesses on why Revelle hates Darkers; Just think about what those things are. I feel she has the right idea.

Long story short, yes, fleshing out the game is great; However, by this point, "fleshing out" is pretty much irrelevant to what you do in the game. Everything that needed to be fleshed out for a knowledgeable experience of what you're doing and why is translated.

There just doesn't seem to be a huge demand to translate those dialogues and message packs.

Undeadfellow
May 27, 2014, 03:09 PM
www.arks-layer.com

omgwtflolbbl
May 27, 2014, 03:11 PM
Some people play games because they enjoy the mechanics and the gameplay. Others like to play games because they want to explore the world. For those kinds of people, having a fully translated experience is more important. People want different things, as incomprehensible as that may be (hue).

That said, I doubt that the "official" translation would be very accurate or true to the original, anyways. I wouldn't expect too much from it...

infiniteeverlasting
May 27, 2014, 03:19 PM
how would he pay for premium/AC is the big question here. Not many people will bother with the SEA server, so i doubt he'll get much tech support etc.

Yden
May 27, 2014, 03:53 PM
The question is, do these things bother you enough to quit PSO2JP? Would you toss away your level grinding, rares, and access to the friends who won't move with you just to play a version with....

-Outdated content

-Worse translation than the "unofficial" patches
--On that same note, translations that might not even say what they do on the JP version

-What will probably become P2W

-"Added" content that is even more worthless than what exists on JP
--RNG latent for +60 damage to Dragonkin. Saw a screenshot somewhere for that.

All in all, if you really want to know what's being said, join a team & ask around. Surely someone will be nice enough to help you out, letting you know what's being said?

And hell, I can offer some guesses on why Revelle hates Darkers; Just think about what those things are. I feel she has the right idea.

Long story short, yes, fleshing out the game is great; However, by this point, "fleshing out" is pretty much irrelevant to what you do in the game. Everything that needed to be fleshed out for a knowledgeable experience of what you're doing and why is translated.

There just doesn't seem to be a huge demand to translate those dialogues and message packs.

The issue is most of this stuff is a non factor since the ease of getting into the JP version vs the SEA version is vastly different. If I had a choice, I probably would drop the JP version since that stuff is important to me in an MMO and the time investment I've spent on the Japanese version has already been paid for by the enjoyment I had while playing it.

As for outdated content, PSO2 is not my first MMO and it's pretty much an industry standard for localized versions so it doesn't bother me much. My mindset has always been that I look forward to the stuff that will come in future by looking at the original version rather than how you look at it saying it's outdated. Also the fact that I can go out and actually talk to anyone in the game with the reasonable assumption that they could understand me is a very big plus in my book when it comes to MMOs.

moorebounce
May 27, 2014, 11:22 PM
:D

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219409
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219399
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219065
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218542
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218376
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218416
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218393
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219513

This is how you show a topic has already been posted. We don't need to hear you complaining about it with no proof. Just post the link(s) and go on your marry way.

Skize
May 28, 2014, 12:20 AM
They are profitable, so it's only your opinion that it's not profitable, they are focusing on what's making money, and that doesn't include the US market for their online game division.

To be honest, it might be too late now for PSO2. Games like Kingdom Under Fire 2 are set for release late this year with beta testing already underway. The window for PSO2 to be highly profitable is more than likely gone. They may make a bit of money, but unless they decide to IP block everyone as soon as a US/EU version is out, not a lot of people are going to start over.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same reason why anyone from the states should not be playing the SEA version. It's translated, but far far behind in content. Asiasoft has a notorious reputation for ruining games. You won't see a lot of people from US/EU going to through the hassle of VPN just to play a game that's managed by Asiasoft. A good portion of the people in the team I'm in are from SEA and even they won't touch the SEA version with a ten feet stick.

I like how everyone here is saying how bad it is and not telling them why it's bad. You need to mention things like how everything is irl money involved when it comes to Asiasoft.
You want costumes, too bad. Maybe they will have players willing to spend money and not wear the costumes to sell them to others, but I can imagine the insane prices for those will be. Once you wear a costume they are no longer tradeable.
Asiasoft is known for turning games into completely pay to win. How do you put pay to win in a PvE game? How about selling weapons, items, etc to make those with money powered up more than f2p players. There goes interrupt rankings. Asiasoft has done it before, wouldn't surprise me if they did it again.
Why would you go to through a VPN? The amount of lagginess that can occur alone deters me. Heck, if you get caught, you'll more than likely banned as well. Also, as someone mentioned, I doubt you'll get a lot of tech support here.

However, if you really want to play the SEA version. Go right ahead, you can choose what you want to do. Whoever plays PSO2 SEA, I expect them to turn into trolls and trash talk about the game being bad even though they were fully warned. That's what usually happens.

GHNeko
May 28, 2014, 12:36 AM
You know what would be grand?

If Sega just announced an English version of PSO2 where the servers would not be separate and it would indeed be the western world playing with the eastern world.

It'd not like the ships fill up or anything.

Edson Drake
May 28, 2014, 01:22 AM
One of the things that is irritating that i'm noticing from the SEA ver is with ranger u can be standing the mid long range distance with a rifle on ranger and out of the 3 round burst only 1 of the bullets hit (only time multiple hit is if u are standing still)

In JP at least, before the buff Ranger received, you wouldn't miss normal attacks while standing, only when walking/running. After the buff, the shots are very accurate and while running they still hit but can occasionaly miss.

Lumpen Thingy
May 28, 2014, 02:39 AM
The reason I'm getting the asiasoft pso2 is because it'll be fresh new servers, new people, and i don't care about the content being outdated. I played PSU on the xbox and we we're years behind. Although it was fun as hell, best game i have ever played in my lifetime.
or instead of just being a retard and playing the crap version of PSO2(which you and I both did as far as PSU went) you can just play the current JP game in almost all English instead of playing the shit version that requires way more loop holes to play then just making a JP sega id

Sizustar
May 28, 2014, 02:41 AM
You know what would be grand?

If Sega just announced an English version of PSO2 where the servers would not be separate and it would indeed be the western world playing with the eastern world.

It'd not like the ships fill up or anything.

Not likely to happen, each country has their own rule on charging, and the Gacha and buying AC might be too much trouble for Sega to do.

blace
May 28, 2014, 02:57 AM
Not likely to happen, each country has their own rule on charging, and the Gacha and buying AC might be too much trouble for Sega to do.

Not to mention all of the licensing needed for all the collaborations involved.

KazzSama
May 28, 2014, 07:30 AM
well i got both versions but i wanted to try the new one mainly because even if the jp version is translated sry to comunicate with moonlanguage and as long im playinng i didnt find a single enlgish speaking player i like to play with ppl thats whats all about mmorpg but playing only with moonlanguage ppl feels damn unsocial and the second thicg if u look on the channels MOST of the ppl are on the extereme channels high/max lvled out thats why i dint find any decent parties on lower lvl areas and did everything solo wich sux even more feels like adamn singleplayer adn ppl are using those npc bots instead getting a decent party why? bcz its much easier to pic few bots instead waiting for a god knows how long for a party mate so fair enough to try out the new version wich will have new players low on lvl (english speaking ones) to play with i dont know how but there must be some way to bypass the ip blocks

Meteor Weapon
May 28, 2014, 07:59 AM
Learn to use caps and fullstops.

Reser
May 28, 2014, 12:33 PM
well i got both versions but i wanted to try the new one mainly because even if the jp version is translated sry to comunicate with moonlanguage and as long im playinng i didnt find a single enlgish speaking player i like to play with ppl thats whats all about mmorpg but playing only with moonlanguage ppl feels damn unsocial and the second thicg if u look on the channels MOST of the ppl are on the extereme channels high/max lvled out thats why i dint find any decent parties on lower lvl areas and did everything solo wich sux even more feels like adamn singleplayer adn ppl are using those npc bots instead getting a decent party why? bcz its much easier to pic few bots instead waiting for a god knows how long for a party mate so fair enough to try out the new version wich will have new players low on lvl (english speaking ones) to play with i dont know how but there must be some way to bypass the ip blocks

What? are you kidding me? You did not find a single English player?

Did you go to Ship 2 block 20 where you are supposed to go to find English players? Or just assume you would find English players all over the servers on every block?

There are hundreds of english players, and during USA/European peak times the majority of people I come across in EQ's on block 4 and 20 on Ship 2 are English speaking.

Open your eyes and do your research.

Alenoir
May 28, 2014, 12:51 PM

Random boxes (gacha) and microtransaction (AC) shouldn't be a problem to them.

Licensing all the collaboration may be the problem, but a good half of the collabo stuffs are in-house SEGA games.

Edit: To elaborate on it, ISAO already can handle international payments (http://www.isao.co.jp/charge/features#2).

ShinobuVamp
May 28, 2014, 11:29 PM

I can communicate just fine with Japanese... playing on Ship 10
Just head to the famous Ship 2 Block 20 if u want to meet English players... I heard the Block 20 has some infamous troublesome/problematic people that's why I avoided Ship 2 at all costs...
Would rather dwell in Ship 10 that has a less amount of people speaking English but is rather much peaceful... I'm in a Chinese majority Team/Clan/Guild though so foreign players are there just we don't speak foreign languages other than Japanese in public channel so that Japanese friends won't get irritated...
Learn to use Japanese if you are not on those English community ships...it is not that hard ...good luck...
And I'll never play the god damn Asiasoft SEA server...delayed updates and changed game terminology which makes it just like any other games (Force into Wizard, Monomates etc are not called Monomates anymore) and also JP server players are just too likable...

Fatalystic
May 29, 2014, 03:49 AM
So...apparently the SEA client is a really really old version of PSO2. Like, probably the JP launch version. =.=

Koffie's COs don't give EXP.

So. Any idea how many updates away EP2 is? What about the earliest class balancing update (if it's before EP2)? Assume that none of the updates PSO2JP got since launch will be combined.

Sizustar
May 29, 2014, 03:56 AM
So...apparently the SEA client is a really really old version of PSO2. Like, probably the JP launch version. =.=

Koffie's COs don't give EXP.

So. Any idea how many updates away EP2 is? What about the earliest class balancing update (if it's before EP2)? Assume that none of the updates PSO2JP got since launch will be combined.

You'll have to ask Asiasoft, and see what the schedule they worked out with Sega is?

Gamania Tw/Hk, if I remember, is 3 month per major update, and try and catch up to the Japanese version within 1 year, using Taiwan own content to fill the void, while preparing new content.

Fatalystic
May 29, 2014, 03:59 AM
You'll have to ask Asiasoft, and see what the schedule they worked out with Sega is?

Gamania Tw/Hk, if I remember, is 3 month per major update, and try and catch up to the Japanese version within 1 year, using Taiwan own content to fill the void, while preparing new content.

I was asking for a rough estimate of the number of updates, not a time frame. >.<

I doubt they'd answer even if I begged.

Well, chances are we'll have a similar schedule I suppose...