PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 PSO2 Tweaker Issues

Undeadfellow
May 27, 2014, 03:06 PM
Okay so I'm trying to help a friend get PSO2 patched and ready to go, whenever she tries to install the english patch it comes up with this:

http://puu.sh/93OD2.jpg

Her pso2_bin directory is the correct one where the PSO2 game is installed from the correct website so nothing is wrong there.

She has Windows 8 too, if that's an issue or anything.

Anyhow, anyone know a fix? I appreciate it a lot! :-P

Lostbob117
May 27, 2014, 04:16 PM
1. Does she have winRAR?

2. If she does, try to do it manual.

Undeadfellow
May 27, 2014, 04:58 PM
What do you mean by manual exactly? Because for me I just installed the game, then the tweaker, did the patches n it worked.
Idk why its not for her, however what do you mean by "do it manual"? :P

Chik'Tikka
May 27, 2014, 05:45 PM
before the tweaker players had to download the patches from another site (google it) which are compressed as .rar files+^_^+ you have to use programs like winRAR or 7zip to open those types of files+^_^+

due to forum rules i won't say more other then bumped.org/psublog/ may have more information how to do it manually+^_^+

Dephinix
May 27, 2014, 10:37 PM
Why is your friend trying to install patches from .rar? When it asks if you have the rar for EN and Large Files, just say no. Idk if that's something new or what, but I had to tell someone else to do the same two days ago.

Scarlet.Haze
May 27, 2014, 10:43 PM
Make sure you have 7zip/winrar that are the same bits with your OS (32/64 bit).

Also, try running the tweaker as administrator.

Undeadfellow
May 27, 2014, 10:48 PM
Make sure you have 7zip/winrar that are the same bits with your OS (32/64 bit).

Also, try running the tweaker as administrator.

Didn't help.. But thanks for the attempt. cx

Why is your friend trying to install patches from .rar? When it asks if you have the rar for EN and Large Files, just say no. Idk if that's something new or what, but I had to tell someone else to do the same two days ago.

Wrong, I never said she was trying to download stuff from .rar files, that is irrelevant.

-

OT: This is a full example of what her tweaker shows once she tries to install the EN Patch (normal english one not large), and no she doesn't install the patch via a .rar or .zip.

http://puu.sh/93Oz7.jpg

Dephinix
May 27, 2014, 10:56 PM
Well, what OS is she using then, because it's obviously not agreeing?

Undeadfellow
May 28, 2014, 10:25 AM
She's got Windows 8.

Undeadfellow
May 28, 2014, 12:57 PM
Nevermind I just helped her do it manually thank you all so much! :)