PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 To players who are in the SEA area

kyojin
May 28, 2014, 02:49 AM
Can anyone verify if you guys can still log in to JP pso?
me and my friend cant seem to log in after the maintenance.
and if you guys cant log in can you kindly post what country are you located.
(i really hope this is just a server issue not an ip ban) *paranoid*
"Error 249"
Ok SEA is banned, here a link to AIDA's quick vpn guide
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219610

Rehal
May 28, 2014, 02:51 AM
SEA here, can't login
IP banned . _.b

Cyrie
May 28, 2014, 02:53 AM
Cant login too, also from SEA :/

Zorua
May 28, 2014, 03:04 AM
Oh geeze, if SEGA's blocking SEA players from JP, that means they'll try to pull that if lol it won't happen an NA release ever comes out.

WildarmsRE5
May 28, 2014, 03:09 AM
uh, maint guys?

Cyrie
May 28, 2014, 03:10 AM
maint has been over for around 55 minutes now

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 28, 2014, 03:11 AM
USA is next!

Exiled_Gundam
May 28, 2014, 03:11 AM
Can't connect as well. Anyone outside of SEA region can?

CrowCakes
May 28, 2014, 03:12 AM
Servers still display as under maintenance for me.

Rien
I'm in SEA region, it's working fine.

blace
Can't connect as well. Anyone outside of SEA region can?

All is well on my end from central US.

I can't seem to find anything on the site stating any kind of IP blocking, other than the China block.

Cyrie
I tried a Japanese / USA Ip and I can get in, SEA ip nope lol.

WildarmsRE5
May 28, 2014, 03:17 AM
I live in the Philippines, Maint should be done in 4 pm in my timezone. if not, longer than for, so maybe 5 pm.

edit: servers are up, like 3 mins ago.

blace
May 28, 2014, 03:18 AM
I live in the Philippines, Maint should be done in 4 pm in my timezone. if not, longer than for, so maybe 5 pm.

Maintenance is long over.

Xayu
May 28, 2014, 03:18 AM
I'm in SEA region, it's working fine.

If it's okay to ask, which part of SEA are you from? Maybe it's not part of the SEA regions that Asiasoft is under service in.

I'm from SEA too, and it won't work for me without using VPN.

Exiled_Gundam
May 28, 2014, 03:19 AM
I'm from Malaysia

Cyrie
May 28, 2014, 03:19 AM
Asiasoft services:
Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines
and all of my friends from these countries cannot login.
:(

kyojin
May 28, 2014, 03:20 AM
@WildarmsRE5
its already up an hour ago
was able to login using a JP vpn
gg SEA players
(i still hope this is just a mistake)

Chik'Tikka
May 28, 2014, 03:21 AM
What error code are you getting when you enter your username/password in the log in?+^_^+
If your getting any kinda of error 800-816 your account may have been banned...

Errors 224, 230, 231, 240, 241 and 249 mean you couldn't connect at all in the 1st place. I'd imagine it's one of these errors the client would use in the event of IP ban...

It's also quite early after maint and the servers may be be flooded by large numbers of people logging in, causing some lag. I'd wait another few hours and try again before coming to the conclusion of IP bans+^_^+

Anyway, as of this post servers for JP PSO2 are indeed up and running+^_^+

EDIT: i been ninjad like 13 times cause i took 12 minutes to compose this post, bed time for me!

Cyrie
May 28, 2014, 03:23 AM
We're all getting 249 I believe.
But if we use Japanese / US vpns we can get in. sooo yeah D:

blace
What error code are you getting when you enter your username/password in the log in?+^_^+
If your getting any kinda of error 800-816 your account may have been banned...

Errors 224, 230, 231, 240, 241 and 249 mean you couldn't connect at all in the 1st place. I'd imagine it's one of these errors the client would use in the event of IP ban...

It's also quite early after maint and the servers may be be flooded by large numbers of people logging in, causing some lag. I'd wait another few hours and try again before coming to the conclusion of IP bans+^_^+

Anyway, as of this post servers for JP PSO2 are indeed up and running+^_^+

The general consensus over on bumped is error no. 249, not being able to connect to servers. If I recall, logging in from a Chinese IP gives the same error number.

Might be a coincidence that it's not allowing a certain region in since the recent maintenance, but who is to say it's something that was intended without SEGA acknowledging the block.

Infinity Series
yay i cant log in now

@Chik'Tikka : not getting any error codes, the ships are simply 'offline'

WildarmsRE5
May 28, 2014, 03:25 AM
^ me too, gonna try logging on those "Offline" ships now.

EDIT: got 249-ed.

Asiasoft can go fukk themselves, I ain't playing their godawful font and terminology abomination of a game called PSO2 SEA.

Asiasoft PSO2 can go rot away like PSU.

Courina
May 28, 2014, 03:25 AM
prolly asiasoft requesting it due lot negative respond about their server.

Takatsuki
May 28, 2014, 03:27 AM
Pleeeeease never release PSO2 in the west, Sega!

Rehal
May 28, 2014, 03:28 AM
KR VPN works for me . _.
Going to fiddle around first

EvilMag
May 28, 2014, 03:29 AM
prolly asiasoft requesting it due lot negative respond about their server.

Most likely that since Taiwan isn't block yet they're version of the game is live afaik.

Takatsuki
May 28, 2014, 03:31 AM
Also, if Sega plans on IP banning the rest of us non-JPers, I hope they realize something.

We are NOT going to play the shitty outdated English version if/when it comes out.

We would all sooner not play at all than play that crap.

Xayu
May 28, 2014, 03:31 AM
Like many others mentioned already, using VPN of a country that isn't covered in Asiasoft services will let you in without problems.

I can log-in just fine if I use a Japanese IP, but it kicks me out whenever I turn it off and use my real (SEA) IP.

blace
May 28, 2014, 03:32 AM
Also, if Sega plans on IP banning the rest of us non-JPers, I hope they realize something.

We are NOT going to play the shitty outdated English version if/when it comes out.

Yet there are many asking about the English version on a regular basis...

Tomo-Kinji
May 28, 2014, 03:33 AM
I'm from SEA, and I confirm that I can't login atm. So they start this a day before, eh? (=w=)

Rien
May 28, 2014, 03:34 AM
If it's okay to ask, which part of SEA are you from? Maybe it's not part of the SEA regions that Asiasoft is under service in.

I'm from SEA too, and it won't work for me without using VPN.

Singapore.

A friend from the US is getting error 105 from the launcher.

Takatsuki
May 28, 2014, 03:34 AM
Yet there are many asking about the English version on a regular basis...

Only stupid, stubborn people who don't realize how horrible it will be.

Exiled_Gundam
May 28, 2014, 03:35 AM
I'm from SEA, and I confirm that I can't login atm. So they start this a day before, eh? (=w=)
Ths morning I still can login just before the maintenance started

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 28, 2014, 03:35 AM

I wouldn't be so sure. Though i'm with you 100% on this. Most players here are slaves to sega. They will play the shiity 3 years behind version.

They will also complain like little girls about how much they "hate" it but will still log in daily.

There's some people here who "hate" the JP one already yet they sit around all night waiting for maint to be over LMAO.

I don't even need to call you out either, you know who you are :)

blace
May 28, 2014, 03:36 AM
Only stupid, stubborn people who don't realize how horrible it will be.

That would be a large number of people waiting on it, not including the several hundreds to thousands of players on the JP servers.

WildarmsRE5
May 28, 2014, 03:37 AM
okay, can someone now and go make a topic about changing IPs for those who don't know?

If not. . . well I guess I'll just let Google handle stuff and do things myself. . .

Courina
May 28, 2014, 03:37 AM
Like many others mentioned already, using VPN of a country that isn't covered in Asiasoft services will let you in without problems.

I can log-in just fine if I use a Japanese IP, but it kicks me out whenever I turn it off and use my real (SEA) IP.

some ppl gonna need tutorial how-to now seems

Infinity Series
May 28, 2014, 03:39 AM
okay, can someone now and go make a topic about changing IPs for those who don't know?

If not. . . well I guess I'll just let Google handle stuff and do things myself. . .

http://www.softether-download.com/

download the 'client'

Agastya
May 28, 2014, 03:40 AM
"step by step guide on how to evade ip bans!" yeah im sure thats going to go over well here

Shinamori
May 28, 2014, 03:43 AM
That sounds like something that shouldn't be talked about here.

oratank
May 28, 2014, 03:43 AM
after joy of td mech now ip ban. good job sega

Tomo-Kinji
May 28, 2014, 03:47 AM
Doing it now... wow, I'm really caught off guard here ^^; FUUU SEGA! :@

FOnewearl-Lina
May 28, 2014, 03:52 AM
YOU BAN!

plasism
May 28, 2014, 04:00 AM
Welp, Singaporean here, also can't log in... oh well...

Tomo-Kinji
May 28, 2014, 04:03 AM
And thus, the SEA Apocalypse happens! May vpn gods saves us :D (Also, picture is slightly unrelated)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.wallshq.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/7Tl8XlaY.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

landman
May 28, 2014, 04:05 AM
If the game is ever released in the west, I see many people against VPNs.... using VPNs.

btw-Niji
May 28, 2014, 04:07 AM
shit!!!

lost a very good player on my lane for TD 1 and 2 because of this IP ban!

RIP 5 run =/

THRINE4
May 28, 2014, 04:09 AM
Wow, really unhappy with this. At least give us a choice to decide which server we want to play. And/or notify us before you pull this bullshit. Malaysia, myself and my friends all affected. Even the majority of my team are affected. Solved it with VPN.

If they really do resort to this, and have no plans to reverse this, I guess we'll have to stick to VPNs. Asking me to play PSO2SEA might probably be fine, I might be able to tolerate most of their errors as long as the core gameplay isn't affected. That's only if they actually can import the account over, they catch up with PSO2JP soon, and make sure that contents and collaboration stuff are consistent with PSO2JP (if that happens, I'm fine with 1 week slower updates).

But, I won't count on that happening, so no way.

WildarmsRE5
May 28, 2014, 04:11 AM
uuuuuuhhhhhh *droooooooools*

downloaded that SoftEther thing and opened it. . .
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/24441540.jpg

THRINE4
May 28, 2014, 04:13 AM
uuuuuuhhhhhh *droooooooools*

downloaded that SoftEther thing and opened it. . .
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/24441540.jpg

Google search a guide, a simple tutorial should be on the 1st page itself. You might need to download a SoftEther VPN Gate extension. I remembered my laptop didn't need the extension, but my PC did when I just downloaded it earlier.

blkbox11
May 28, 2014, 04:23 AM
Bought the Deluxe Package yesterday, had it shipped here today and just found out about the IP ban.

Welp. That was a waste of money. But see, SEGA, I would have continued to support you had you not done this.

Sizustar
May 28, 2014, 04:24 AM
Haven't seen any message from Sega regarding IP ban, have you guys contacted Asiasoft, and see what they say?

blkbox11
May 28, 2014, 04:29 AM
Haven't seen any message from Sega regarding IP ban, have you guys contacted Asiasoft, and see what they say?

It's likely that neither party will admit to anything. Asiasoft's lack of transparency on the matter was evident since it started promoting PSO2SEA, and SEGA will probably just bring up their TOS.

UMVC3_Wolverine
May 28, 2014, 04:32 AM
Wow, really unhappy with this. At least give us a choice to decide which server we want to play. And/or notify us before you pull this bullshit. Malaysia, myself and my friends all affected. Even the majority of my team are affected. Solved it with VPN.

If they really do resort to this, and have no plans to reverse this, I guess we'll have to stick to VPNs. Asking me to play PSO2SEA might probably be fine, I might be able to tolerate most of their errors as long as the core gameplay isn't affected. That's only if they actually can import the account over, they catch up with PSO2JP soon, and make sure that contents and collaboration stuff are consistent with PSO2JP (if that happens, I'm fine with 1 week slower updates).

But, I won't count on that happening, so no way.

You weren't supposed to be on the JP servers to begin with and you're demanding that sega should NOTIFY you? Are you stupid?

Sizustar
May 28, 2014, 04:35 AM
It's likely that neither party will admit to anything. Asiasoft's lack of transparency on the matter was evident since it started promoting PSO2SEA, and SEGA will probably just bring up their TOS.

Well, you can still try and contact and see if they respond.
Doesn't Sea PSO2 have a facebook page?

Since, Gamania, when they do IP block, they will admit to it.

THRINE4
May 28, 2014, 04:37 AM
You weren't supposed to be on the JP servers to begin with and you're demanding that sega should NOTIFY you? Are you stupid?

Just the same in any situation that they ban anyone and inform why they did so? What's so hard about informing?

undead098
May 28, 2014, 04:44 AM
all i want to say is...

http://puu.sh/94Aqn/d163b686a8.jpg

blkbox11
May 28, 2014, 04:47 AM
Well, you can still try and contact and see if they respond.
Doesn't Sea PSO2 have a facebook page?

Since, Gamania, when they do IP block, they will admit to it.

I was one of the people who tried asking Asiasoft's CMs about the possibility of an IP ban early on, and if they could inform us ahead of time. They kept claiming that they don't know anything about it and would get back to me on that. When I tried again, they told me to contact SEGA JP - of course, I wasn't dumb enough to do that.

Anyway, Asiasoft knows better than to admit that the terms of their contract include the ban of SEA players from the JP server. This will just make the SEA players who were in the JP servers NOT want to play their version of the game.

Ouranos
May 28, 2014, 04:52 AM
I got error 249 and couldn't log in.

It was a good free to play online portable game while it lasted on my end. Almost got 4k hours of gameplay, no regrets and no money spent.

Good game SEGA.

Sizustar
May 28, 2014, 04:52 AM
I was one of the people who tried asking Asiasoft's CMs about the possibility of an IP ban early on, and if they could inform us ahead of time. They kept claiming that they don't know anything about it and would get back to me on that. When I tried again, they told me to contact SEGA JP - of course, I wasn't dumb enough to do that.

Anyway, Asiasoft knows better than to admit that the terms of their contract include the ban of SEA players from the JP server. This will just make the SEA players NOT want to play their version of the game.

So I guess Taiwan player should be happy that Gamania is too cheap to pay Sega to do the IP ban?

xervah
May 28, 2014, 04:53 AM
seem to be offline on me... or is THIS the end? :o
im from SEA btw...
[SPOILER-BOX]https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10417582_811449002198911_4322781682869544525_n.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

blkbox11
May 28, 2014, 04:54 AM
So I guess Taiwan player should be happy that Gamania is too cheap to pay Sega to do the IP ban?

Is Gamania's version actually up already?

If it isn't, then the ban might not be in place yet. It'll start when the servers actually open to the public, not during Closed Beta.

undead098
May 28, 2014, 04:55 AM

Anyway, Asiasoft knows better than to admit that the terms of their contract include the ban of SEA players from the JP server. This will just make the SEA players NOT want to play their version of the game.

i had worked with them as CM before... and they never tell us CM practically anything.
and any complaint we forward... no response back. (so whose fault is this)
CM is just for "where complaints end"

so i quit.

be good with the CM... they truly didn't know anything... i feel sorry for them.

back to topic...
so what are sea player here going to do about this ipban.......
for me... back to skyrim (again)

RandomKai
May 28, 2014, 04:57 AM
SEA player here. Like many others, I'm unable to login to the JP version.

However, using the link that Infinity Series provided, I'm now able to login to the game. Infact, I feel that my connection is even more stable @_@

I highly recommend every SEA player who is unable to login in to give SoftEther a go. =D

Sizustar
May 28, 2014, 05:00 AM
Is Gamania's version actually up already?

If it isn't, then the ban might not be in place yet. It'll start when the servers actually open to the public, not during Closed Beta.

It's already active since the beginning of May. OB only lasted a week, from 4/24, and Full release in May.
And they've already done collab with Pepsi Cola, in which you buy specially marked bottle of Pepsi, and get code in the cap.
https://tw.event.beanfun.com/PSO2Event/E20140425/index.aspx

blkbox11
May 28, 2014, 05:07 AM
It's already active since the beginning of May. OB only lasted a week, from 4/24, and Full release in May.
And they've already done collab with Pepsi Cola, in which you buy specially marked bottle of Pepsi, and get code in the cap.
https://tw.event.beanfun.com/PSO2Event/E20140425/index.aspx

Yeah, it's likely because an IP block of Taiwan wasn't in the terms of Gamania's contract with SEGA.

Asiasoft on the other hand, knows that they need to implement this to stop people from running to JP.

I just made a gigantic mistake of being optimistic about it.

i had worked with them as CM before... and they never tell us CM practically anything.
and any complaint we forward... no response back. (so whose fault is this)
CM is just for "where complaints end"

so i quit.

be good with the CM... they truly didn't know anything... i feel sorry for them.

back to topic...
so what are sea player here going to do about this ipban.......
for me... back to skyrim (again)

Yeah, I wasn't trying to make it sound like the CMs are exclusively at fault. It's just that this is how the business normally works for companies like Asiasoft. One way or another, they won't admit to things that make them look bad.

Anyway, time to bring out the PS3 again. If I can recoup my loss from the Deluxe Package, I'll just get Watch Dogs when I can.

Taurus83
May 28, 2014, 05:10 AM
is it me or other people, server seem to be offline

hoangsea
May 28, 2014, 05:19 AM
i'm sure it's an IP ban

there will be complain to the JP 's forum
and i will waitting if there are any changes later

or if the ip ban still continue i just quit because playing an non-target with high ping due of fake IP ?
hell no!

wefwq
May 28, 2014, 05:29 AM
Holy shit, this entire SEA ban makes me real mad.
FUCK YOU ASIASHITSOFT for ruining SEA player fun.

Coreven
May 28, 2014, 05:36 AM
In the end, the blame is on SEGA for agreeing with it doe.

Tomo-Kinji
May 28, 2014, 05:37 AM
seem to be offline on me... or is THIS the end? :o
im from SEA btw...
[SPOILER-BOX]https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10417582_811449002198911_4322781682869544525_n.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

yup. This is the end. Farewell everyone :lol:
Hoping for NA IP ban as well :lol: 2 IP bans is better than one :lol:

wefwq
May 28, 2014, 05:41 AM
yup. This is the end. Farewell everyone :lol:
Hoping for NA IP ban as well :lol: 2 IP bans is better than one :lol:
NA is safe because NA version never.

btw-Niji
May 28, 2014, 05:51 AM
who wants to organize a riot? I'm not SEA, but I'm equally as pissed as all of you.

Crystal_Shard
May 28, 2014, 05:51 AM
SEA here too. How kind of Sega to drop us players like a rock. /sarcasm

Time to try finding a router level VPN as well as a PC based one, otherwise I'll be stuck without my Vita or PSO2es access.

undead098
May 28, 2014, 05:52 AM
who wants to organize a riot? I'm not SEA, but I'm equally as pissed as all of you.

i'm with you... but where

Kikikiki
May 28, 2014, 05:54 AM
Damn, now I feel bad for some of my SEA teammates. I'll just hope that they can get around this problem because playing with them is fun.

Cyrie
May 28, 2014, 06:07 AM
Need guinea pigs testers for this method to get around the IP ban: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3141768&posted=1#post3141768

Ive been using that method even before you made the guide. Works like a charm.
No lag whatsoever as well :3

So anyone who wants to play normally just follow AIDA's guide and you can login again like nothing ever happened~

jooozek
May 28, 2014, 06:08 AM
why is there rage? the ToS states clearly since more than a year that connections from outside japan aren't allowed :lol:

infiniteeverlasting
May 28, 2014, 06:15 AM
OH PLEEZZZ SEGA
BE AS INCOMPETENT AS YOU CAN AND CANCEL ENG RELEASE!!!!
But then they'll probably ip ban us anyway...

Xayu
May 28, 2014, 06:17 AM
Need guinea pigs testers for this method to get around the IP ban: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3141768&posted=1#post3141768

Yes, this is the VPN I use, and it works really well. I wanted to wait for confirmation if this is okay to mention around the forums, but I'm glad to know that it's perfectly fine!

Rien
May 28, 2014, 06:22 AM
I log in as usual, and I live in Singapore as mentioned earlier.

Everyone I know around me is IP banned

?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!??

NexusAZ
May 28, 2014, 06:23 AM

You are the chosen one.

Rehal
May 28, 2014, 06:29 AM

Your ISP have a built in VPN _(:3」∠)_

Sizustar
May 28, 2014, 06:40 AM

Maybe list which ISP?

seilent
May 28, 2014, 06:41 AM
This should explains why some SG isp can connect still (sorry had to hide the IP) xD
http://s28.postimg.org/k8ohgxq3x/image.png'

the connection seems routed to UK..

EvilMag
May 28, 2014, 06:42 AM
Has anyone tested if you could still connect through the vita version? Worth a shot I suppose.

Xayu
May 28, 2014, 06:43 AM
This should explains why some SG isp can connect still (sorry had to hide the IP) xD

... Wow, that's awesome. Please share your glorious ISP. ;_;

blkbox11
May 28, 2014, 06:45 AM
Has anyone tested if you could still connect through the vita version? Worth a shot I suppose.

I have a Vita and can confirm it doesn't work.

Someone has a screenshot on /vg/ up as well.

There's no way to distinguish between a Vita and a PC IP address, so they just blocked everything.

Vampy
May 28, 2014, 06:58 AM
That really sucks. I doubt sega is entirely at fault if they cared enough they would have done it long ago, but they are at fault for doing business with such a shady company keeping players in the dark that they planned to have sega implement IP bans. And those who say say it's in the ToS that people from other countries can't connect. This would not have been an issue is dumbfucks didn't start messing with the game at release and moving npc's around. Sega just added it silence the community

ArataWata
May 28, 2014, 07:00 AM
While I'm certain Sega is obviously to blame for this, I'm willing to bet Asiasoft has a big role in this, considering the SEA version is also IP restricted.

blkbox11
May 28, 2014, 07:03 AM
Someone mentioned just a few pages ago that Taiwan isn't IP blocked from the JP version of the game.

This is just part of Asiasoft's business contract with SEGA.

seilent
May 28, 2014, 07:15 AM
... Wow, that's awesome. Please share your glorious ISP. ;_;

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.speedtest.net/result/3528058694.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
dont mind the speed, but it shows the parent isp :D
oh well maybe sega just forgot to add the ip list then block this one also later

Rien
May 28, 2014, 07:18 AM
using Starhub for my ISP here.

THRINE4
May 28, 2014, 07:33 AM
http://s23.postimg.org/9bvppu0wr/lulz.png

Found this on Bumped. Perhaps there's one good thing about this incident though?

(Just for laughs if anyone is offended)

Meteor Weapon
May 28, 2014, 07:52 AM
You do know that not most of B20's are from SEA, well not that I know where most of them came from. I dont even play at ship2 so...whatever.

THRINE4
May 28, 2014, 08:05 AM
You do know that not most of B20's are from SEA, well not that I know where most of them came from. I dont even play at ship2 so...whatever.

The guy did say that it's slightly emptier than usual, not completely.

Zenobia
May 28, 2014, 08:32 AM
using Starhub for my ISP here.

Time for you to carry on the legacy.

DestinyWings
May 28, 2014, 08:45 AM
Any chance that this IP ban is temperory?

final_attack
May 28, 2014, 08:49 AM
Not sure ...... But, I do wonder what happened for players from SEA region that bought the game physically (for PS Vita .... especially when they already saved up money to buy the game, waiting for it to come, and only find IP block ._. Well, the physical game is available from amiami for international users, right?) .... If they unblock it for Vita, I might go for Vita one (though it will be insanely hard to play -.-)

btw-Niji
May 28, 2014, 08:56 AM
http://s23.postimg.org/9bvppu0wr/lulz.png

Found this on Bumped. Perhaps there's one good thing about this incident though?

(Just for laughs if anyone is offended)
lol well, B20 is still gonna be a garbage block.. sooooo yeah....

oratank
May 28, 2014, 09:08 AM
AS said it SEGA contact business not their fault. SEGA also told AS to jp block not allow jp go to play sea too.AS said it's SEGA standard business plan. not AS ask SEGA for ip block at all.

well TAIWAN didn't use SEGA standard business contact? i don't buy this for a dollar

Crystal_Shard
May 28, 2014, 09:25 AM
I don't buy that Asiasoft didn't ask for the ban either. Sounds more like a quid pro quo backroom deal.

I hope Asiasoft loses all their money from the whole venture, that's all I can say. Bunch of embarrassments.

DestinyWings
May 28, 2014, 09:34 AM
Where did Asiasoft said that? Sounds BS to me. The SEA version blocks all non-SEA ips so JP are already blocked.

Gardios
May 28, 2014, 10:00 AM
Asiasoft always blames the other party. No doubt that they actually requested the IP ban, that's what they usually do.

blkbox11
May 28, 2014, 10:13 AM
Not sure ...... But, I do wonder what happened for players from SEA region that bought the game physically (for PS Vita .... especially when they already saved up money to buy the game, waiting for it to come, and only find IP block ._. Well, the physical game is available from amiami for international users, right?) .... If they unblock it for Vita, I might go for Vita one (though it will be insanely hard to play -.-)

Haha, I am one of these people.

I do agree that they should have blocked international sales of the retail version if they planned to IP block the region, but I also don't think there's a way for them to set apart a Vita's IP address from a PC's IP address. This means they have to blanket-block everyone based on whatever deal it was that they made.

Also, what this does do is add suspicion to Asiasoft's claims that SEGA was the one that wanted the IP block. I highly doubt it was SEGA when Taiwan has no problems accessing PSO2JP.

Vampy
May 28, 2014, 10:22 AM
Haha, I am one of these people.

I do agree that they should have blocked international sales of the retail version if they planned to IP block the region, but I also don't think there's a way for them to set apart a Vita's IP address from a PC's IP address. This means they have to blanket-block everyone based on whatever deal it was that they made.

Also, what this does do is add suspicion to Asiasoft's claims that SEGA was the one that wanted the IP block. I highly doubt it was SEGA when Taiwan has no problems accessing PSO2JP.

I think most intelligent people deduced this already. Sega has no reason to ip ban other regions a lot of people rather play a more up to date version of the game than wait 2 years to access our content. Sega wants all the money they can get and alienating other regions hurts on that department.

Infinity Series
May 28, 2014, 10:25 AM
Any chance that this IP ban is temperory?

most likely ... nope

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10424335_776162415742214_2954546395681703972_n.jpg

i wonder why they only ban us now

lol

----

any official announcement from sega?

Daiyousei
May 28, 2014, 10:30 AM

I live in New York but my IP says I'm in Connecticut, a state over. But wow UK IP lol.

Scarlet.Haze
May 28, 2014, 10:36 AM
I'm on Singapore, my IP is singapore, and I didn't get blocked.

Using My Republic btw.

Jazneo
May 28, 2014, 10:40 AM
they only block SEA country

NA,EU, Canadian not getting block

Shinamori
May 28, 2014, 10:41 AM
It's funny how everyone was mocking the IP ban doomsday sayers.

zelda3d
May 28, 2014, 10:41 AM
Hey Scarlet.Haze, my fellow MRer!!

I can login too! And my SingNet fren is unable to login :(

DestinyWings
May 28, 2014, 11:33 AM
most likely ... nope

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10424335_776162415742214_2954546395681703972_n.jpg

i wonder why they only ban us now

lol

----

any official announcement from sega?

I know... Just thinking maybe they just ban for the first week to get people play the SEA and then unban...

AkumaYouji
May 28, 2014, 11:35 AM
US region, just logged in fine as well. Maybe they extended the maintenance?

Arkanoid
May 28, 2014, 11:39 AM
Sooo NA players... who still wants to see an NA version of PSO2 after this? xD

AkumaYouji
May 28, 2014, 11:41 AM
Sooo NA players... who still wants to see an NA version of PSO2 after this? xD

not me, quite frankly i didn't care for a US release after the almighty English patch...

vbetts
May 28, 2014, 11:53 AM
Just the same in any situation that they ban anyone and inform why they did so? What's so hard about informing?

If what said in an earlier post is true,

why is there rage? the ToS states clearly since more than a year that connections from outside japan aren't allowed

Then that's the reason why, and also them informing you. That right there is how they inform you.

DestinyWings
May 28, 2014, 12:02 PM
If what said in an earlier post is true,

Then that's the reason why, and also them informing you. That right there is how they inform you.

But they took people's money, sold their Vita game worldwide. They can't do that then hide behind the ToS when they do things like that.

Gardios
May 28, 2014, 12:17 PM
Just because you can import the VITA game doesn't mean they're actually selling it worldwide. They're not.

jooozek
May 28, 2014, 12:21 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/sakai-addresses-the-tos-change-and-future-updates/

Lashette
May 28, 2014, 12:22 PM
But they took people's money, sold their Vita game worldwide. They can't do that then hide behind the ToS when they do things like that.

If you bought AC through a Third Party company, like Sutocorp, or CN-USA, and such, they don't care about Sega's ToS. Same goes For buying the game from any seller, and not directly from SoJ. Sega sold the game to a market in JP, then the markets in JP sold them internationally.

vbetts
May 28, 2014, 12:24 PM

1. Sega did not sell it, retailers sold it.

2. Even if Sega did sell it, it's still in the ToS. Meaning you bought it for collection/trade purposes. Also I believe sites like Playasia and Amazon warn you of situations like this.

Courina
May 28, 2014, 12:36 PM
a friend telling me there's supposed agreement with sony that they cant touch psn network , supposed vita user still could connect, right?

DestinyWings
May 28, 2014, 12:38 PM
a friend telling me there's supposed agreement with sony that they cant touch psn network , supposed vita user still could connect, right?

No, I use a Vita and I can't.

Coreven
May 28, 2014, 12:40 PM
Well, they're not touching PSN, they just blanket banned SEA region IPs.

wefwq
May 28, 2014, 12:48 PM
They technically didn't do anything to PSN, they tinkering their own server and is not SONY thing.
They also already have every rights to ban outsiders from their server ever since ToS changes.

Jazneo
May 28, 2014, 12:48 PM
No, I use a Vita and I can't.

i think there was to make ps vita use vpn if you have setup on your network

Shadowth117
May 28, 2014, 12:58 PM
They also already have every rights to ban outsiders from their server ever since ToS changes.

That doesn't mean they don't look like douchebags in doing so.

Coreven
May 28, 2014, 01:04 PM
Yes, but sadly that is completely irrelevant.

TheszNuts
May 28, 2014, 01:04 PM

They can, I used to seen this scenario all too often when i used to be ambassador for M$. THey don't have to give advance notice as long as that clause exists.

Sp-24
May 28, 2014, 01:06 PM
Why do people who have been clicking "I agree" every time Sega told them that they are not allowed to play from outside of Japan, that breaking the ToS may result in a ban, that Sega may terminate their service without any notice, and that Sega is not to be held liable for just about anything now pretend that they have an actual legal case against SoJ here?

Jazneo
May 28, 2014, 01:09 PM
TOS only use the protect sega in case they got sent to court

oratank
May 28, 2014, 01:20 PM
As will talk to SEGA about vita issues tomorrow nothing they said they want to help out this vita situation but they have no idea about VITA.

form As thai

Shadowth117
May 28, 2014, 01:56 PM
Why do people who have been clicking "I agree" every time Sega told them that they are not allowed to play from outside of Japan, that breaking the ToS may result in a ban, that Sega may terminate their service without any notice, and that Sega is not to be held liable for just about anything now pretend that they have an actual legal case against SoJ here?

Well they've kind of pushed people into a corner due to the availability issue of their product. They've only been selectively enforcing their rulings, which as you say are under their direct control. Legally, there's nothing wrong with it.

Regardless, its still a shitty way to treat loyal fans who really don't have any other options to play a proper version of the game. You could argue they do now, but switching not only kills their progress, but also puts them in an arguably inferior version of what they had played up til now.

Its all within their rights, I'd never argue against that. Its just that it also leaves them with a fanbase that hates them and is probably a lot less likely to invest time into their products later on down the line.

GHNeko
May 28, 2014, 03:08 PM
Exactly.

Something being legal doesn't mean it cant and wont be counterproductive and ultimately harmful to a userbase and thusly potential growth.

Of course, SoJ / SegaSammy is ruled internally by politics and business is what has an iron grip on them right now. It's kinda why SoA/NA is getting shafted most of the time, despite Sega profitability shooting upwards in arcades and digital sales.

Wanna do something about it? Invest in stock and vote during share-holder meetings lmao. Because unless you spur sales in various franchises enough for Sega to pull a SE and realize we actually matter as much as Japan, they're not changing shit.