PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't Maintenance Be Done?

Anpippin
May 29, 2014, 03:15 AM
It is after 4:00 in +8gmt time. Shouldn't the game be finished with maintenance?

Sizustar
May 29, 2014, 03:18 AM
What maintenance?

Crystal_Shard
May 29, 2014, 03:20 AM
If you're from SEA region, Sega JP has imposed a regionwide IP ban at the request of Asiasoft. If you aren't, a restart will probably do the trick.

Anpippin
May 29, 2014, 03:24 AM
they said from 1000hours to 1600 hours which is 4:00 and it is almost 30 minutes past that time now.

Sizustar
May 29, 2014, 03:27 AM
Which version of PSO2 are you talking about?

seilent
May 29, 2014, 03:28 AM
Thats SEA version, majority ppl here don't play there..
so its like "we know nothing bout ppl over there"

and MT time extensions.. that's asiasoft's style lol

Sizustar
May 29, 2014, 03:30 AM
Ask on the official forum for the Sea version.
http://forums.playpark.net/index.php?/forum/700-phantasy-star-online-2/

Fatalystic
May 29, 2014, 03:35 AM
http://news.playpark.com/en/22231

Extended till further notice.

The forums are dead, don't bother.

Just a heads up; Asiasoft is notorious for maintenance extensions and bugs galore.

Crystal_Shard
May 29, 2014, 03:42 AM
All the more reason for any SEA region player to stop supporting Asiasoft at all.

Anpippin
May 29, 2014, 04:02 AM
I would play the japanese version but I can never figure out the captcha image verification code when trying to create an account.

WildarmsRE5
May 29, 2014, 04:05 AM
wait, somebody actually plays SEA PSO2?

dat poor souls.

is using online keyboards really that hard?

Anpippin
May 29, 2014, 04:10 AM
wait, somebody actually plays SEA PSO2?

dat poor souls.

is using online keyboards really that hard?
Yes actually, all the symbols look like squiggly lines to me, and so many symbols look similar to each other. I tried using a keyboard.

Anpippin
May 29, 2014, 04:12 AM
I can never get it to login through facebook, it just gives me an error 249 I believe.

Evangelion X.XX
May 29, 2014, 04:17 AM
It's not at all difficult to learn the basic of basics of the Japanese language: Hiragana. All it takes is a little memorization.

I sincerely believe that if you REALLY want to play, you'll learn it.

As the saying goes, "Where there's a Will, there's a Way."

Nymfidemus
May 29, 2014, 04:55 AM
Yes actually, all the symbols look like squiggly lines to me, and so many symbols look similar to each other. I tried using a keyboard.

I'm not sure if this might help, or they've changed the captcha method(I saw someone mentioned that you only have two minutes to figure it out or it'll gives you a new one) but here's how I did to get my SEGA ID.

Keep hitting ID check until it generates you an easy/simple looking captcha. Hit "Back" button on your browser and keep trying if you got it wrong.

DestinyWings
May 29, 2014, 05:32 AM
Don't support Asiasoft.

wefwq
May 29, 2014, 06:11 AM
Asiasoft a shit and should just go to hell.

landman
May 29, 2014, 06:41 AM
There is pso2 title prefix on the forum, also jp pso2, wouldn't be bad to have a sea pso2 one for threads like these, instead of telling people to go ask another forum...

infiniteeverlasting
May 29, 2014, 06:52 AM
The problem about playing on the sea server is that extremely few players here on the forum has even tried out the sea server. You will therefore be at a big disadvantage since sea content and weapons may be different so we cannot help you with equips and affixes when you reach higher levels unfortunately.

vbetts
May 29, 2014, 07:27 AM
I tried it for giggles. I was curious about it, as I've actually never heard of how bad Asiasoft is until these forums(I've been out of the gaming scene for awhile lawlz).

First off their version is broken. Stats are stupid horrible.

Second since I'm in the US you gotta have a VPN to even connect to it. VPN's for the SEA area on a 7mb connection aren't too great.

Third, the translations are stupid.

Fourth, compared to the content they're behind. I'm not a high enough level yet on PSO2 to care completely, but I'm going fast.

Crystal_Shard
May 29, 2014, 08:02 AM
I'm supportive of the call to refuse to help Asiasoft customers in any form, irregardless of whether we can help them or not. I'm not trying to be a hardcase, but anyone trying to do business with such a horrible company should be discouraged from doing in every possible way.

The faster they bleed money and drop the SEA version the better.

Vintasticvin
May 29, 2014, 08:22 AM
For those in this thread having trouble with the JP Version's Capcha here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203925) this should help you all out. Good luck!

WildarmsRE5
May 29, 2014, 08:35 AM
and thus, this is how history repeats.

>_>

*looking at RO2*

Symphie
May 29, 2014, 09:20 AM
I'm supportive of the call to refuse to help Asiasoft customers in any form, irregardless of whether we can help them or not. I'm not trying to be a hardcase, but anyone trying to do business with such a horrible company should be discouraged from doing in every possible way.

The faster they bleed money and drop the SEA version the better.

People shouldn't be stigmatized for the version/localization of the game they play. That is not being hardcase, that is just being really, really childish. If you(and others) don't like it, you could just simply not touch the SEA version and pretend it doesn't exist. Spewing nonsense like that won't make it close any sooner, it'll just scare people away from this community and go elsewhere.

Crystal_Shard
May 29, 2014, 09:53 AM
@AIDA: Just to clarify, I don't mean be rude to them. I'll try to explain below.

People shouldn't be stigmatized for the version/localization of the game they play. That is not being hardcase, that is just being really, really childish. If you(and others) don't like it, you could just simply not touch the SEA version and pretend it doesn't exist. Spewing nonsense like that won't make it close any sooner, it'll just scare people away from this community and go elsewhere.

I'll be frank. Did you not get the memo that Asiasoft got Sega to ban the entire SEA region from the JP version? Stigma? Asiasoft already did that to the entire region. Asiasoft is poison, and the faster people realise that, the better. We shouldn't be helping Asiasoft, even by proxy, through their customers. They don't even maintain their own forums for goodness sake's - and you want to provide customer support to their customers in their stead?

Mind you, I'm not saying chase them out with pitchforks, but explain to them why they shouldn't play on the SEA server. In addtion to that, with most players on the JP version, they'd be getting inaccurate information, even if we did try to help them, since everyone's geared towards the most up to date version.

Even with no one helping them directly, there's already a wealth of info if they can be bothered to search. If they can't be bothered to do their own homework, I don't think anyone should bother either.

TL : DR: I advocate that we should not be doing something that Asiasoft should be doing for their own customers and we should actively discourage players from the hands of such a posionous company.

ClothoBuer
May 29, 2014, 10:21 AM
@AIDA: Just to clarify, I don't mean be rude to them. I'll try to explain below.

I'll be frank. Did you not get the memo that Asiasoft got Sega to ban the entire SEA region from the JP version? Stigma? Asiasoft already did that to the entire region. Asiasoft is poison, and the faster people realise that, the better. We shouldn't be helping Asiasoft, even by proxy, through their customers. They don't even maintain their own forums for goodness sake's - and you want to provide customer support to their customers in their stead?

Mind you, I'm not saying chase them out with pitchforks, but explain to them why they shouldn't play on the SEA server. In addtion to that, with most players on the JP version, they'd be getting inaccurate information, even if we did try to help them, since everyone's geared towards the most up to date version.

Even with no one helping them directly, there's already a wealth of info if they can be bothered to search. If they can't be bothered to do their own homework, I don't think anyone should bother either.

TL : DR: I advocate that we should not be doing something that Asiasoft should be doing for their own customers and we should actively discourage players from the hands of such a posionous company.

I support this to the fullest extent of my being. Probably the most sensible thing I've read coming out of this debacle.

ShinobuVamp
May 29, 2014, 10:42 AM

Asiasoft is poison...I'm an ex-RO2 player (also hosted by Asiasoft too)
I will continue playing in PSO2 Jp and try to discourage players in PSO2 SEA fb page from that poison...it is literally similar to saving the players from this over greedy company...

landman
May 29, 2014, 11:37 AM
I will be trying out the SEA version until I'm bored lol, so far I'm enjoying taking my time to read everithing Kofy, Jean and other NPCs are telling me geting and completing their COs, some of them have a personality you can only know in those little chats!

Punisher106
May 29, 2014, 11:41 AM
Sounds like Asiasoft makes EA look like innocent children.

Renvalt
May 29, 2014, 11:43 AM
I will be trying out the SEA version until I'm bored lol, so far I'm enjoying taking my time to read everithing Kofy, Jean and other NPCs are telling me geting and completing their COs, some of them have a personality you can only know in those little chats!

I will admit that I'm minutely curious as to why Arks Layer's translation team never bothered to translate this portion, but I think they had their reasons. Especially with MB16 still untranslated as of this post.

Not to mention I think those guys are understaffed (despite doing a hell of a job).

But hey, perhaps you could show us what they say? Assuming you haven't decided to go be a dick and just say "I'll keep my superior English translations to myself, you ToS-breaking idiots" or something like that.

isCasted
May 29, 2014, 12:49 PM
This subforum should get a PSO2SEA-related sticky already.

Macman
May 29, 2014, 12:59 PM
First off their version is broken. Stats are stupid horrible.

How so?

But hey, perhaps you could show us what they say? Assuming you haven't decided to go be a dick and just say "I'll keep my superior English translations to myself, you ToS-breaking idiots" or something like that.
As understaffed as they are, I'm willing to believe they'll get MB16 done before the SEA version even gets around to episode 2 content.

Daiyousei
May 29, 2014, 11:40 PM
[spoiler-box]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/10368843_728043030573024_9195844452817865025_o.jpg[/spoiler-box]
I can't help but laugh at this, they're there too.

Because they want to mess elsewhere other than us.

related thread: http://forums.playpark.net/index.php?/topic/246127-it-begins/

WildarmsRE5
May 30, 2014, 12:33 AM
good riddance lol

Shadowth117
May 30, 2014, 12:41 AM
good riddance lol

Don't worry, they'll be back =_='

Vampy
May 30, 2014, 08:14 AM
[spoiler-box]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/10368843_728043030573024_9195844452817865025_o.jpg[/spoiler-box]
I can't help but laugh at this, they're there too.

Because they want to mess elsewhere other than us.

related thread: http://forums.playpark.net/index.php?/topic/246127-it-begins/

Omg I was just thinking about this the other day lol. "I wonder how long will it be until we hear about pso-hack"

infiniteeverlasting
May 30, 2014, 08:57 AM
Renvalt: That's exactly it - We're ridiculously understaffed. What we need most of all are more translators.

Maybe you guys should collaborate with manga translators/scanlationgroups? Idk, this may be a bad idea but it may be worth a try?

Vampy
May 30, 2014, 02:23 PM
Maybe you guys should collaborate with manga translators/scanlationgroups? Idk, this may be a bad idea but it may be worth a try?

This doesn't sound that bad but they are probably very busy themselves it would have to be on their spare time and they would have to show interest in pso2. Also who knows if both sides would be willing to work together in theory it sounds good in practice I highly doubt it

infiniteeverlasting
May 31, 2014, 12:07 AM
This doesn't sound that bad but they are probably very busy themselves it would have to be on their spare time and they would have to show interest in pso2. Also who knows if both sides would be willing to work together in theory it sounds good in practice I highly doubt it

True, scanlationgroups groups are often already very busy, bit maybe finding one group that has a much looser schedule may work? Some scanlator groups also have multiple on duty translators too.