PDA

View Full Version : The oldest surviving member of these forums

infiniteeverlasting
May 29, 2014, 11:36 PM
I'm just curious, but who is the oldest active member in all of pso-world community?
When I say old I don't mean by age, but rather join date.

ShinMaruku
May 30, 2014, 01:23 AM
Not I. :E

mctastee
May 30, 2014, 01:43 AM
Probably hayabusa fmw. That guy has been here forever.

Edit: Or the PSO-W admin. I haven't seen him post in forums for a long time, but he still replies to comments on his profile page.

Palle
May 30, 2014, 02:51 AM

Edit: Or the PSO-W admin. I haven't seen him post in forums for a long time, but he still replies to comments on his profile page.

I believe I'm around nine years older than Haya, we just call him an old man. There are at least two others older than me among active posters.

yoshiblue
May 30, 2014, 03:11 AM
There's HUnewearl_Maria as far as I know.

BIG OLAF
May 30, 2014, 04:33 AM
He said he means join date, not actual age.

Which I'm pretty sure is Ryo, if we're not including original site staff.

infiniteeverlasting
May 30, 2014, 06:27 AM
Whenever I see 2002 i get pretty freaked out already... That's pretty old 0.0
I wasn't even old enough to understand what a video game was back in 2002, rocking the preschool life...
I'm just curious as to if I can see any 1999s or something.

Retehi
May 30, 2014, 06:52 AM
My original account is August 2001, I however, don't remember the password.

I've seen plenty of people post on 2001 accounts though in recent times.

infiniteeverlasting
May 30, 2014, 09:15 AM
:-o
2001 record set! Pretty insane! So old!

Demon-
May 30, 2014, 10:16 AM
I joined when PSOBB was in open beta. Don't see to many people from those days anymore.

But yeah I think I remember seeing someone with 2001 join date post not too long ago.

Palle
May 30, 2014, 06:42 PM
He said he means join date, not actual age.

Today 12:51 AM

I've come to a sad place where the above time has become too late for me to understand simple instructions.

:dead:

Ketchup345
May 30, 2014, 11:06 PM
I think Jan 2001 is the earliest you'll ever see. I don't think they had registered users before then.

Edit: Just checked, Tomeeboy (one of the site's creators) has a registration date of 11 Jan 2001. I think he was registered user #2, some unknown person somehow managed to register before he did.

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2014, 11:36 PM
Probably PSOW-Admin.

ohgod don't smite me please I'm sorry

infiniteeverlasting
May 31, 2014, 12:02 AM
Probably PSOW-Admin.

ohgod don't smite me please I'm sorry

Pso-w has admins that actually exist right now? Do they really even bother monitoring us? They seem like ghostly figures to me, long dead but still lingering around to haunt us.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
May 31, 2014, 12:07 AM

How would I be here before Tomeeboy, one of the founding members. Trying to get me killed with your slander.

That money you thought you won in Wheel of Fortune here, is all mine, to payoff the hit on me.

Registered Members probably have numbers too. And sort by join date.

Check that out over here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/memberlist.php

Heheh, meme ber.

infiniteeverlasting
May 31, 2014, 12:11 AM
Wow... The first member of pso-world has 0 posts LOL very interesting. And the second guy is of course the admin.
Last time this "tomeeboy" appeared on this site was 2 months ago? Can this still be considered active?

Checking the join dates and I can say that "ryo" is the oldest still active member of pso-world. Everyone else is MIA.

Second is "mike" , who seems more involved and active than ryo...
LOL this interests me so much idk y XD it's like going through ancient arkives.

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2014, 12:29 AM
Haven't seen Tomeeboy post at all lately; he doin' stuff behind the scenes mostly now?

mctastee
May 31, 2014, 03:22 AM
How would I be here before Tomeeboy, one of the founding members. Trying to get me killed with your slander.

Well, he asked for active. Tomeeboy isn't very active anymore.

yoshiblue
May 31, 2014, 04:30 AM
That money you thought you won in Wheel of Fortune here, is all mine, to payoff the hit on me.

Registered Members probably have numbers too. And sort by join date.

Check that out over here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/memberlist.php

Heheh, meme ber.

Keep your cash. Wheel of Fortune is what it is. A luck based spin. I was just going off a hunch that may or may not count.

Dhylec
May 31, 2014, 07:28 AM
Well, he asked for active. Tomeeboy isn't very active anymore.

Don't make him pops up behind ya. He doesn't post everytime, but it doesn't mean he's gone. >.>

Dragwind
May 31, 2014, 05:44 PM
Just because some of the staff don't post too often, doesn't mean they aren't there. Heh heh...

*cue twilight zone theme*

Blue-Hawk
May 31, 2014, 06:04 PM

Sorry, but I bet that goes to me. I still post here from time to time.

DarkShadowX
May 31, 2014, 07:02 PM
I see very few from before '03 but it's always good to see them still show here from time to time. While I'm not one of the oldest I'm happy to say I'm still around though I'm nowhere near as active on the forums as I used to be.

mctastee
May 31, 2014, 08:12 PM
Sorry, but I bet that goes to me. I still post here from time to time.

I guess we have a winner...for now.

AC9breaker
May 31, 2014, 09:36 PM
Can't forget about Tommeboy

infiniteeverlasting
May 31, 2014, 10:24 PM
Just because some of the staff don't post too often, doesn't mean they aren't there. Heh heh...

*cue twilight zone theme*

pleez dont ban me QQ

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 1, 2014, 03:33 AM
Keep your cash. Wheel of Fortune is what it is. A luck based spin. I was just going off a hunch that may or may not count.
I'm sorry.

You have purchased the wrong vowel. We will still take all your money though.

Maybe there were HUnewearl's named Maria. But not in this section of the World-Universe.

NoiseHERO
Jun 1, 2014, 04:32 AM
Ya'll old as hail

Blue-Hawk
Jun 1, 2014, 08:07 AM
I'm sorry.

You have purchased the wrong vowel. We will still take all your money though.

Maybe there were HUnewearl's named Maria. But not in this section of the World-Universe.

HUnewearl_Meira
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=4746

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 2, 2014, 01:16 AM
Yeah Meira is probably easier to spell than Tommeeboy. I too want to put an extra M in there.

I bet even 12 yr old guys like rock and yoshimoo can... eventually. Maybe in a few more years.

Ya'll old as hail
Ice rocks > your rocks.

watashiwa
Jun 2, 2014, 12:35 PM
Can't forget about Tommeboy

Who's that? Don't you mean "Tomeeboy"?! Anyway, QFT.

Don't make him pops up behind ya. He doesn't post everytime, but it doesn't mean he's gone. >.>

Hey, what happened to the Weekly Forum Roundup? Last weekly update was 1/27/2014! http://www.pso-world.com/news/02543-weekly-forum-roundup-arks-bingo-npc-elections-electifinis-gun-complaints Hohoho... Just messin' with you.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 2, 2014, 03:23 PM
Who's that? Don't you mean "Tomeeboy"?! Anyway, QFT.

Hey, what happened to the Weekly Forum Roundup? Last weekly update was 1/27/2014! http://www.pso-world.com/news/02543-weekly-forum-roundup-arks-bingo-npc-elections-electifinis-gun-complaints Hohoho... Just messin' with you.

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! AN EVIL GHOST/POLTERGEIST FROM THE DEEP, DARK PAST! BACK, FOUL BEAST!

Uncle_bob
Jul 5, 2014, 11:48 PM
I come from a time when we played Phantasy Star games with a dial-up modem. Also we were allowed to talk about breasts and make fun of people for being weird.

infiniteeverlasting
Jul 5, 2014, 11:54 PM
My imagination:
http://taobabe.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/old-sage.jpg

Nitro Vordex
Jul 6, 2014, 02:38 PM
I come from a time when we played Phantasy Star games with a dial-up modem. Also we were allowed to talk about breasts and make fun of people for being weird.
Abudurp's law.

AlexCraig
Jul 6, 2014, 02:57 PM
The first PSO-World member, prior to Tomeeboy, was Josedawg, but he doesn't post anymore. It's pretty simple to find this stuff. Member List > Sort by Join Date.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/memberlist.php?order=ASC&sort=joindate&pp=30

Blue-Hawk
Jul 6, 2014, 06:49 PM

AK! The old dial up days of the Dreamcast. Thank GOD I can't remember that ship and block I started on and HAD to leave due to idiots named SSJgokuvegitrunktenks985036593727.

Uncle_bob
Jul 6, 2014, 11:31 PM
Oberon.

I avoided all of that riff-raff by playing on God's Chosen Ship: Puck, Block 4.

Blue-Hawk
Jul 7, 2014, 03:30 PM
Oberon.

I avoided all of that riff-raff by playing on God's Chosen Ship: Puck, Block 4.

That's the den of evil. Oberon.

gigawuts
Jul 7, 2014, 03:46 PM
oceanus 5 5 fishtank lobby fuck yeah what what

oh you guys are talking about older lobbies

dang

Atbar
Aug 21, 2014, 06:39 PM
Not I. :E

Says the fly, and not me says the flea.

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 21, 2014, 10:16 PM

There's a handful of people still around who were already here when I got here. Barring the site's founders, I think the title goes to Ryo (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=117), who joined within two weeks of the site's opening.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 21, 2014, 10:20 PM
and only 500 posts!

Blue-Hawk
Aug 22, 2014, 07:18 AM
There's a handful of people still around who were already here when I got here. Barring the site's founders, I think the title goes to Ryo (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=117), who joined within two weeks of the site's opening.

And you have me beat by a month too.

Puppet_Papaya
Aug 30, 2014, 10:19 PM
Where am I in the ranking? I'm kinda an old-timer, right?

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 31, 2014, 12:46 AM
And you have me beat by a month too.

Yeah. Sometimes I wish I'd registered when I first discovered the site, instead of waiting until I'd actually bought PSO. Then I could have one of those fancy "January 2001" join dates that're all the rage, these days.

Blue-Hawk
Aug 31, 2014, 10:51 AM
Yeah. Sometimes I wish I'd registered when I first discovered the site, instead of waiting until I'd actually bought PSO. Then I could have one of those fancy "January 2001" join dates that're all the rage, these days.

Heh, I was the other way around. PSO was the reason I discovered this site. I had the game for a few months ahead.

BogusKun
Aug 31, 2014, 09:07 PM
Not me either, although my original join date was back around the same time PSOW first opened. Just lost the password after joining the Marine Corps in 02.

Mystil
Sep 1, 2014, 01:56 AM
Well of all the forums I've joined prior to 2002, PSOW is the only one still standing. It's interesting to think about.. I was 19 years old when I joined this board. Though I played PSODC on release day.

Gotta tell ya, those were some..wild years.