PDA

View Full Version : How to get up to 4.5 hours of Driving Rain 2(Or any Points EQ) in a single EQ period

Maenara
May 30, 2014, 05:41 PM
First of all, this requires cooperation of an entire MPA. You can NOT accomplish this if you do not have commitment from everyone in the MPA. Every single person who doesn't do what they're supposed to is potentially 20 minutes lost.

As such, it would benefit anyone attempting this greatly to set up a group of 11 other people who understand what they need to do. (That said, I'm attempting to create such a group, if you want to volunteer, say so[Ship 2 only].)

First, each person in your group does their first two runs normally, making sure to open a third run before the end of the EQ period. At least four(I recommend six) people should be in their own party with no one else, and all the people in your group need to be in the same MPA as one another, obviously.

When that all is done, only 1~8 people enter the MPA at first(being in a party with someone who enters the MPA counts as entering it yourself). I recommend exactly six people in the beginning for a few reasons explained later. The other people that remain in the campships without starting the mission can AFK for some time.

The people who entered first play the EQ normally until none of those people can spawn anything anymore. Once that happens, one person, and one person only, that was waiting in the campship drops down and starts their mission. The others may now follow that person as that person spawns enemies and emergency codes for 10~20 more minutes. Once that person can't spawn anything else, another person waiting in the campship drops down, and the process repeats, until no one is left.

Using my recommended six people as the start ideally nets those first six people 170 minutes(Almost three hours!) total time of Driving Rain 2, instead of 50. The first person to drop down gets 150 minutes, the next 130, the next 110, the next 90, and so on, with the last person to drop down only getting 50 as normal.

But wait! Why would someone agree to AFKing in a campship for 100 minutes just so everyone else can get bonus time? That's why you need to establish a rotation list. Each person gets to be the first in the MPA 6 times in a row(If you start the MPA with six people), then they become the last to drop down, then second last, third last, and so on. This makes things fair and makes people more likely to cooperate and agree to your terms.

Why start with six? While starting with one person only would give that very first person a grand total of 290 minutes, that creates a few issues. First of all, the rotation would take extremely long for anyone to get to be first. Second of all, starting with only one person leads to very low spawns until 80 or so minutes in when 4+ people are in the MPA. Third of all, even with six people in the beginning, you still run the risk of overlapping with a completely different EQ, and that's just crazy.

If someone in your group is absent for a given Points EQ, I recommend starting with one less person than six for each person absent, unless more than two people are absent, at which point, you should start with 4 people, and simply play normally at a loss of 20 minutes per person absent over 2. Alternatively, have extra people who can fill in.

In any case, are there any volunteers that would like to attempt this on Ship 2 to see how it pans out? I'm sure it works perfectly fine, but it never hurts to test it out. If you'd like to volunteer, say so.

GHNeko
May 30, 2014, 06:03 PM
Ahhh you beat me to it.

I knew this was possible haha. I was doing thinking this over and I was going to do the exact same thing with 1 man parties and a bunch of other nonsense that doesn't work as well.

Good shit dude.

AlphaBlob
May 30, 2014, 06:05 PM
I tried following peoples when my run was over and I think they vanish if they're not close to you.

Z-0
May 30, 2014, 06:08 PM
Pretty sure this is a bad idea, because the MPA will only account for one person moving around, rather than however many people are actually in the map.

Maenara
May 30, 2014, 06:09 PM
I tried following peoples when my run was over and I think they vanish if they're not close to you.

I've missed third runs and instead followed the people who didn't miss their third run for 20 minutes just fine.

Maenara
May 30, 2014, 06:13 PM
Pretty sure this is a bad idea, because the MPA will only account for one person moving around, rather than however many people are actually in the map.

I've followed people around until 50 after where it becomes flat out impossible for anyone to continue the MPA without doing this trick, and miniboss codes still spawn 2 or 3 minibosses, which would prove otherwise unless multiple people are consistently finishing at the exact same time.

Edit: If I AM wrong, it's an easy fix - just have anyone who just starts their mission recruit people already in the MPA into their party. The people who get recruited get their finished quest overwritten by the brand new quest of that person.

Atmius
May 30, 2014, 06:30 PM
I don't believe you can invite a person who's already finished a quest into your party, but you can invite someone with say, 980/1000 points to your 10/1000 point party, and they'll get reset back down to 10.

Maenara
May 30, 2014, 06:43 PM
I don't believe you can invite a person who's already finished a quest into your party, but you can invite someone with say, 980/1000 points to your 10/1000 point party, and they'll get reset back down to 10.

Which ultimately means everyone in your group should take more care, have three people stop earning points at about 900/1000, then let a person drop down, invite those 3 people, resetting them back to 0/1000 and 20 minutes on the clock.

In the end this still works just fine.

nathanielzor
May 30, 2014, 06:53 PM
Or you could wait for the Oracle Field LQ coming soon and do it 24/7...! There's really nothing worthwhile in actually doing this.

Maenara
May 30, 2014, 06:54 PM
Or you could wait for the Oracle Field LQ coming soon and do it 24/7...! There's really nothing worthwhile in actually doing this.

Except an increased rate of rare bosses - that's the only point of this EQ in the first place.

Shinamori
May 30, 2014, 07:26 PM
Plus, in the LQ, only bosses codes and special codes will have lv70 enemies.

If we where to do this, we need to be in someone room so we can discuss it. Either that or whisper. Though, we could probably go to those rooms in the back of the shop area.

Chdata
May 30, 2014, 07:49 PM
The point of this EQ has boiled down to EXP and 11* pass farming now that the drops are all common and thus not worth as much.

Rien
May 31, 2014, 12:01 AM
The point of this EQ has boiled down to EXP and 11* pass farming now that the drops are all common and thus not worth as much.

This.

I'm 11* pass farming so I'd like to try this.

PrinceBrightstar
May 31, 2014, 01:00 AM
Not only do you need the cooperation of everyone to do this, but you also all need to be online and playing when the EQ comes up so that rotation doesn't get messed up. How would you handle someone missing a random EQ because they were sleeping?

Maenara
May 31, 2014, 02:55 AM
Not only do you need the cooperation of everyone to do this, but you also all need to be online and playing when the EQ comes up so that rotation doesn't get messed up. How would you handle someone missing a random EQ because they were sleeping?

Second to last paragraph of the first post.

If someone misses a given EQ, they maintain their position in the rotation, and the person behind them moves to the front of them.

Alternatively, handle it however the hell you want, you're not likely to be working with kindergartners - I'm sure that if you find a group of reasonable people (Try your team first, folks!), they will be perfectly capable of understanding extenuating circumstances. I'm sure the instant something fudges up, 5 of your 12 people are NOT going to ragequit and fuck everything up.

stroodle
May 31, 2014, 03:30 AM
I'd be willing to give this a try. My time zone is MDT in the US.

Courina
May 31, 2014, 06:04 AM
pretty sure i remember that sega already put measures to "kill" a map if already some time passes since someone start it, no matter the person still in the mpa or not, just the map life is set since first person step their feet there....
could be wrong, but if im not wrong the map got locked down (no one can enter and no appear in list) when 3 hour , and no mobs spawn anymore (except boss room) at 4 hour.

Maenara
May 31, 2014, 10:36 AM
I'd be willing to give this a try. My time zone is MDT in the US.

This.

I'm 11* pass farming so I'd like to try this.

Taking these as volunteering, makes 4/12 at the moment, counting me and a friend of mine.

Any other volunteers?
Also, if you volunteer, add me in game as a friend, my ID is Maenad and my character name is Maenara(I only have one character, despite having two free character slots, though I might change that soon).

Ordy
May 31, 2014, 04:06 PM
1. Like Courina said "Rooms that have existed for over four hours will no longer spawn enemies"
2. Is the last person really going to AFK for 3 hours? What a waste of time.
3. AFK? 630 > No EQ > waste of time.
4. The EQ it good because you can efficiently use a 250% RDR + 100% tri to get a tons of 10* and 11* from large mob spawns + boss kills. Solo waves AND without 350RDR are weak sauce > waste of time.
5. 50 minutes EQ is more than enough IMO

I was just stating my point of view, you can do whatever you like.

Daiyousei
May 31, 2014, 06:00 PM
pretty sure i remember that sega already put measures to "kill" a map if already some time passes since someone start it, no matter the person still in the mpa or not, just the map life is set since first person step their feet there....
could be wrong, but if im not wrong the map got locked down (no one can enter and no appear in list) when 3 hour , and no mobs spawn anymore (except boss room) at 4 hour.

indeed after 2 hours the map is dead, back when we needed 270 drops to unlock level cap, I timed out several maps farming for them.

btw-Niji
May 31, 2014, 06:10 PM
Taking these as volunteering, makes 4/12 at the moment, counting me and a friend of mine.

Any other volunteers?
Also, if you volunteer, add me in game as a friend, my ID is Maenad and my character name is Maenara(I only have one character, despite having two free character slots, though I might change that soon).
My friend is interested in this. Please send him a whisper. His ID is RealKillaK

Maenara
May 31, 2014, 06:19 PM
1. Like Courina said "Rooms that have existed for over four hours will no longer spawn enemies"
2. Is the last person really going to AFK for 3 hours? What a waste of time.
3. AFK? 630 > No EQ > waste of time.
4. The EQ it good because you can efficiently use a 250% RDR + 100% tri to get a tons of 10* and 11* from large mob spawns + boss kills. Solo waves AND without 350RDR are weak sauce > waste of time.
5. 50 minutes EQ is more than enough IMO

I was just stating my point of view, you can do whatever you like.

AFK for 420 minutes total in a full rotation. Receive 1040 minutes of Driving Rain 2 you would have never had. This is assuming you start with six people in the MPA, meaning that there is never less than six people, in the MPA.

Mattykins
May 31, 2014, 06:28 PM
420 minutes is 7 hours... I could probably level a whole new character from scratch in that time :V

GHNeko
May 31, 2014, 06:37 PM
This isnt something you'd do at the start of the EQ. This is something you'd do on the last EQ, and it should obviously stop when another EQ approaches.

This idea has its uses.

Rupikachu
May 31, 2014, 09:37 PM
*Has two accounts and can run them at same time if its a vita block* so i wouldn't mind leaving one on the campship

Maenara
Jun 1, 2014, 12:36 PM
420 minutes is 7 hours... I could probably level a whole new character from scratch in that time :V

420 minutes in total, not all at once. It takes 12 instances of the EQ to complete a rotation and you to accrue that AFK time.