PDA

View Full Version : Just looking for some updates and info.

Dualbird12
May 30, 2014, 09:14 PM
So it's been almost a year or maybe longer since I've been on this site. I don't even remember when pso2 came out. I know I was following it but my computer couldn't run it so I forgot all about the game.

So I'm just curious about the game. I know it's been out for awhile and I finally have a computer that can run it no problem. Can some people who play or have played answer some questions for me please??

Firstly I'd like to know is the game even worth playing??
How fun is it to play??
Are most players friendly??
Um is there a server that most English speaking players play on??
Is there a working English patch out??
If not then how easy is it to pick up on things for people who don't speak any Japanese??

Thanks so much in advance.

Kondibon
May 30, 2014, 09:18 PM
1. I can't answer that for you.
2. As fun as you let it be.
3. No
4. Ships 2 and 10 with a few on 7, and 4chan on 4.
5. Yes.
6. Unless you actually care about the story it's plenty easy to understand.

Dualbird12
May 30, 2014, 09:51 PM
1. I can't answer that for you.
2. As fun as you let it be.
3. No
4. Ships 2 and 10 with a few on 7, and 4chan on 4.
5. Yes.
6. Unless you actually care about the story it's plenty easy to understand.

1. Well all of the phantasy star games I've played were pretty fun so it probably would be worth playing for me.
2. Hmm most mmorpgs are like that I guess.
3. No?? Lol well that sucks. I'm used to playing solo anyway.
4. Ok cool. I'll stick with 2 and 10.
5. Oh sweet. Last I heard though was if you were caught using the English patch you'd get banned or something. Can anyone give me more info on that?? Mostly if it's true or not.
6. I can probably look up an English translation of the storyline anyway.

Kondibon
May 30, 2014, 09:59 PM
3. I'm mostly talking about the english community, which, based on what I've seen here and ingame isn't exactly stellar. I haven't run into any problems with japanese players.
5. Yes, the english patch is against the ToS, but so is playing the game from outside of Japan. No one cares as long as you don't make a scene.

Dualbird12
May 30, 2014, 10:14 PM
3. I'm mostly talking about the english community, which, based on what I've seen here and ingame isn't exactly stellar. I haven't run into any problems with japanese players.
5. Yes, the english patch is against the ToS, but so is playing the game from outside of Japan. No one cares as long as you don't make a scene.

3. Oh I see. Well that's ok. Like I said I'm used to playing solo. I'm sure eventually I'll find some cool friendly people to play with.
5. Oh interesting. Well that's ok too because I definitely won't make any type of scene.

This has all been very helpful. Thank you very much for answering my questions.

Keyblade59
May 30, 2014, 10:29 PM
1. It grows on you like the burden of needing to pee and poop
2. All fun up until you meet the greasy old man in purple behind the counter
3. Unless you get a team you like everyone is a thug or a sleeping cactus
4. Ship 2 is the promised lands and the gates of hell
5. Ask AIDA the answer to life's questions about PSO2 and the process of making babies
6. If you do not go to our lord and savior AIDA is isn't overly hard you get a concept of what is what, AKA yes or no, but still it is greatly advised to get an english patch