PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Dear all SEA player (VITA & pc)

rappykillme
May 30, 2014, 09:40 PM
Hi there. Sorry for poor english
I'm just one player who's Play PSO2 from both PC and VITA. But from this Accident (Block IP) i think it not fair from people who's Buy a PSO2 Vita Package (include me).I read many article about this from this board, pso2blog ,bumped and yes Asiasoft's forum. well let's me share my story here
[SPOILER-BOX]
On the first day when block ip happen (28/05/2014) many people in my nation rush in asiasoft's forum yes me too (i'm in thailan).
-almost question in there is asking about 'why you(AS) do this ?' , 'did you ask sega to do this ?' , 'is you serve has less people to do thos thing ?'.
-in the same evening CM-01 (i though he master of cm in PSO2TH project) he's answer in forum 'we didn't know anything about block ip in jp server , we'll contact SEGA for this problem'
-at night the answer we have is 'block ip is according to the contract, by Sega. Sega not have privacy policy to support player out side country' (well sure if you read in terms 2.8 in pso2 site you can see it but not support meaning prohibit ?)
-then i ask them how about VITA player ?, and why Taiwan not blocking ip just like sea ? . he's accept my question to ask SEGA and mean while i mail to PSO2 support center about this problem (i ask them why i can't lock in from thailand at that time i'm not sure about tru of block ip)
-next moring that Thread is disappear ( Hell Yeah Asiasuck!!! )
-30/05/2014 i got email from SEGA
http://upic.me/t/9o/15untitled-2.jpg (http://upic.me/show/51264583)
: translate in shot "PSO2 service is avliable for japan nation. below on the terms about the use from outside of Japan Please check this link" ( as i though is terms 2.8 )
[/SPOILER-BOX]
well after this you guys can not blame only asiasuck. i think sega is another one who betray us.

many guys try to play vis VPN but i think it's have a risk to ban so i think we should do other way to change SEGA's decision.

i ask you guys whos play PSO2 via VITA and have package. Should we send our game to SEGA in same time and attach some word to make them care about us ?
i'm sure SEA player want to go back to PSO2JP not PSO2 Asiasuck.

Another thing let me share very funny joke from thailand server. :D:D:D
[SPOILER-BOX]
- When PSE burst happen they race to run in boss room, they though it's mean race start
- 12 player kill Dark Ragne[N] in 2 min they think that very fast as they ever seen
- Best WB and attack place in Dark Ragne is butt not leg or back head
- In 12 players, 9 players run to die from Chrome[N] howling and keep die from same movement
- the one who can attack fast is very cool (no just attack)
- 4 player the best method to kill Vol dragon[N] is 1 Hunter as tanker hit and run around circle, 3 ranger lock and hold on left click, do it until Vol death
- The only place they shoot Vol dragon is horn and head not for tail
- Some player looking for party to TA as Professional but they didn't know It have 6 switches to press in snow area they just keep attack until jump point appear

this thing i'm try to tell them how to do the right but they not listen, only thing i had respond from this funny player is scold and blame me try to act cool
[/SPOILER-BOX]

blkbox11
May 30, 2014, 09:49 PM
Not to sound discouraging, but best not to mention how unfair it is, bro.

People who can still play the game will point out that what we were doing was against the Terms of Service, and that we were basically agreeing to pour money into a game that could do this whenever it wanted to. They'd be right.

As expected though, SEGA isn't acknowledging any deal with Asiasoft when it comes to this. Can you try asking SEGA why Taiwan players are still allowed into PSO2JP and see what their response is?

EDIT: Then again, it's very hard to prove that.

Sp-24
May 31, 2014, 12:20 AM
How long has the Taiwan version been around for, anyway? Longer than Asiasoft's? Because, if not, then maybe the IP block is postponed until Sega is sure that Gamania can provide a steadier flow of cash than the Taiwan players playing the Japanese version.

Sizustar
May 31, 2014, 12:48 AM
How long has the Taiwan version been around for, anyway? Longer than Asiasoft's? Because, if not, then maybe the IP block is postponed until Sega is sure that Gamania can provide a steadier flow of cash than the Taiwan players playing the Japanese version.

It's been active for a little over a month, and has done collabaration with Pepsi already
https://tw.event.beanfun.com/PSO2Event/E20140425/index.aspx

And it's more of, Gamania being too cheap to pay Sega to set up an Ip-block, and instead using it for Taiwan content to draw in new user.
Also there is no Chinese translation patch to compete with the audience that want it in Chinese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy1BmNn01r4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy1BmNn01r4

wefwq
May 31, 2014, 12:52 AM
It's been active for a little over a month, and has done collabaration with Pepsi already
https://tw.event.beanfun.com/PSO2Event/E20140425/index.aspx

And it's more of, Gamania being too cheap to pay Sega to set up an Ip-block, and instead using it for Taiwan content to draw in new user.
Also there is no Chinese translation patch to compete with the audience that want it in Chinese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy1BmNn01r4
I already able to see this server will last longer compared to SEA.
Asiasoft sucks, their "campaign event" are really shitty and their AC lineup are overpriced as fuck.

blkbox11
May 31, 2014, 02:21 AM
I already able to see this server will last longer compared to SEA.
Asiasoft sucks, their "campaign event" are really shitty and their AC lineup are overpriced as fuck.

In SEA these kinds of charges are called 'security money'. Basically insurance that they will get profit from a minimum number of transactions instead of making things affordable for everyone.

This kind of business strategy is very popular in SEA because most of the players like us aren't that wealthy, at least compared to the average Japanese player. We're also very cheap, at least when it comes to digital/virtual purchases...so if a person can play an MMO and be relatively successful without paying a dime, like with PSO2JP, most won't pay at all.

That's the reason behind the shitty campaigns, bind-on-equip costumes and such. The new PSO2SEA players don't see this because they've never been on JP.

Of course, I don't think it would hurt that much for Asiasuck to try making the system work exactly like PSO2JP's, but that must be a huge risk in their eyes.

Stickboy
May 31, 2014, 02:24 AM
i like this OP

regardless, it's still sega's fault not putting IP ban for outsiders ever since their release. now my friend with vita only is having a hard time after funding so much

blkbox11
May 31, 2014, 02:45 AM
i like this OP

regardless, it's still sega's fault not putting IP ban for outsiders ever since their release. now my friend with vita only is having a hard time after funding so much

I know how your friend feels.

Sorry if I sound like a broken record, since I already mentioned it a few times here: I just imported the Deluxe Package for my PS Vita a day before the IP block. It arrived at my house the day after, but I didn't even get to use the code that came with it.

Fortunately, I have a friend who lives in a non IP blocked region, and he was able to log in to my account and input the code for me.

At least with that, there's proof I supported the game.

DestinyWings
May 31, 2014, 10:42 AM
Don't blame sega, this is all on Asiasoft.

Yden
May 31, 2014, 10:45 AM
Don't blame sega, this is all on Asiasoft.

How is Sega not at least partially at fault for offering this either offering or accepting the terms of the license agreement with Asiasoft? Both companies profit from the IP block not just Asiasoft.

DestinyWings
May 31, 2014, 10:47 AM
How is Sega not at least partially at fault for offering this either offering or accepting the terms of the license agreement with Asiasoft? Both companies profit from the IP block not just Asiasoft.

Taiwan didn't get IP blocked, Asiasoft asked for it.

Yden
May 31, 2014, 10:51 AM
Taiwan didn't get IP blocked, Asiasoft asked for it.

And Sega accepted it cause they like money. It's still a contract that benefits both sides. Don't forget, Sega keeps logs of people's IPs who log in. Taiwan may not access PSO JP much and therefore didn't warrant an IP ban while a good number of SEA people access it and therefore it does. We don't know the details of the license agreement but we do know that Sega is one of the parties that signed it cause it would be profitable for them to do so.

DestinyWings
May 31, 2014, 11:00 AM
And Sega accepted it cause they like money. It's still a contract that benefits both sides. Don't forget, Sega keeps logs of people's IPs who log in. Taiwan may not access PSO JP much and therefore didn't warrant an IP ban while a good number of SEA people access it and therefore it does. We don't know the details of the license agreement but we do know that Sega is one of the parties that signed it cause it would be profitable for them to do so.

Sega has been lenient to us for a long time, that's why I don't blame them. If Asiasoft didn't get involved there would be no problems.

Sizustar
May 31, 2014, 11:19 AM

And Sega is a business, why wouldn't they accept money?
It could also be one of the requirement for Asiasoft to buy PSO2, to have IP block.

DestinyWings
May 31, 2014, 11:25 AM
And Sega is a business, why wouldn't they accept money?
It could also be one of the requirement for Asiasoft to buy PSO2, to have IP block.

I think it's an added option if they pay extra money.

Eveningxtar
May 31, 2014, 11:26 AM
Blaming a business for trying to make money 0.0...LOL
IMO, Asiasoft paid SEGA quite a hefty sum to IP Block the SEA players since it would have not benefited SEGA to just IP block the players just because they have access to their own server as everyone is a potential paying customer.

Yden
May 31, 2014, 12:19 PM
Blaming a business for trying to make money 0.0...LOL
IMO, Asiasoft paid SEGA quite a hefty sum to IP Block the SEA players since it would have not benefited SEGA to just IP block the players just because they have access to their own server as everyone is a potential paying customer.

That's the thing though, becoming a potential paying customer in PSO2JP requires you to jump through a lot of hoops if you're not living in Japan. The main benefit that Sega gets for the IP block is that someone is paying them for the hosting rights to their game. They're getting the money from Asiasoft instead of the potential money from the SEA players which apparently weren't paying enough for Sega to care otherwise about the block.

gibbo69
May 31, 2014, 05:07 PM
now this is a chargeable service for the VPN but you can test is for $1.35 (£0.84) for 7 days

register a account with finch VPN Here

select the 7 day tester for $1 (o.35) is for paypal fees

http://gyazo.com/288e23345a07ded2661bfe0965bf61c7

download the finch client

http://gyazo.com/244acf1a55d051cacc984426a821da54

install it then select the account tab and enter your details and select save

http://gyazo.com/93f4f65a4da6c58df987522e90539d6e

select main menu tab then highlight the singapore server and click connect

http://gyazo.com/3daf78462f534477326a4d6b0a94a17a

now run the pso2 SEA client you will now see this

http://gyazo.com/cf93ec699d4f18ec12630426e87f03fb

UPDATE 2:

if your PSO2.exe crashes on the video you need to change a setting in enviroment
under the basic tab to do not play on lobby monitor

gibbo69
May 31, 2014, 05:10 PM
now this is a chargeable service for the VPN but you can test is for $1.35 (£0.84) for 7 days

register a account with finch VPN Here

select the 7 day tester for $1 (o.35) is for paypal fees

http://gyazo.com/288e23345a07ded2661bfe0965bf61c7

download the finch client

http://gyazo.com/244acf1a55d051cacc984426a821da54

install it then select the account tab and enter your details and select save

http://gyazo.com/93f4f65a4da6c58df987522e90539d6e

select main menu tab then highlight the singapore server and click connect

http://gyazo.com/3daf78462f534477326a4d6b0a94a17a

now run the pso2 SEA client you will now see this

http://gyazo.com/cf93ec699d4f18ec12630426e87f03fb

UPDATE 2:

if your PSO2.exe crashes on the video you need to change a setting in enviroment
under the basic tab to do not play on lobby monitor

thsi will work with the JP servers aswell as there is a japanese proxy

Punisher106
May 31, 2014, 07:04 PM
-snip-

Uh, didn't Aida offer instructions to bypass the IP block for free?

Crystal_Shard
May 31, 2014, 07:33 PM
I don't think anyone would trust such a shady looking service anyway...

Sega and Asiasoft both have culpability in this matter, and it's made worse because of their total lack of honesty over the ban. Most of us had already prepared for the possibility of an ip block someday, but that Sega threw all SEA players under the bus without the courtesy of an announcement, is what's most jarring.

Sizustar
May 31, 2014, 11:15 PM
I don't think anyone would trust such a shady looking service anyway...

Sega and Asiasoft both have culpability in this matter, and it's made worse because of their total lack of honesty over the ban. Most of us had already prepared for the possibility of an ip block someday, but that Sega threw all SEA players under the bus without the courtesy of an announcement, is what's most jarring.

Sega isn't legally or finincially responsiblie for that Region, as they have no physical office for that region, that responsibility falls on Asiasoft

gibbo69
Jun 1, 2014, 03:14 PM
was un aware there were free alts before i posted. ill look into thos as i pay for mine atm to play the SEA

Ciel~Homura
Jun 1, 2014, 05:06 PM
First i want to says that i am not affect by this ip ban stuffs. I will try to be neutral as much as i can here.

Let's see... Sega did involve in this but it is actually Asiasoft fault since Taiwan server which is keeping by Gamania(Beanfun) doesn't get this ban. Furthermore Pso2es is still available normally for SEA region connection. This as much can prove that Asiasoft is the cause of this ip ban.

Why Asiasoft need to do this ? i can't say for sure. I assume that...

1) Players goal was not reached.
SEA didn't get ban out at the very first day after open beta( not even at the first week or so ). So they think that if they ban those which play on JP server they will eventually come back.

It is a business problem since Asiasoft paid for a license to host this game officially on the SEA region and this is the solution they come up with.

2) SEA region server have none special content to draw players attention, while Taiwan have their special content. ( it is really weird that Asiasoft can't pay more for a special content but are willing to pay more for region ban instead LoL )

About Vita version. PSO2 ToS have statue it clearly that their services only available in Japan countries only, but that is only if you have play on PC version before since on the Vita version website didn't tell us anything about ToS on PSO2 Vita version.(http://pso2.jp/vita/)

There is a tiny ToS of Vita version on the game application on your psvita ( on the book icon in the game application and it is in english too >.<, but you can't view that if you haven't installed the game anyway. Which mean you must installed the game first to view that ToS. )

With this said, you can probably sue it with Sony about uncertain information of how the game works on Vita version and ask for refunded since the game is not available for play in your country anymore and there is nothing that can tell you about the end of services on the game box. ( on vita version only, PC version box have the rules statue on clearly LoL )

It might be possible if many players from SEA want to return the game and have their money back. Games does not work anymore anyway so Sony might have a better answer for this case than Asiasoft.

blkbox11
Jun 1, 2014, 06:17 PM
This is interesting to hear. I didn't know that the Vita ToS did not cover the same subjects that the PC version did...

Also, there's been talk about trying to make a petition for people to sign . The problem with this is that it needs to be written in Japanese, and has to be checked by someone who is very good with law subjects, so that stuff like the ToS is mentioned, but at the same time, WHY the Asiasoft deal is dirty is also mentioned.

Looking back though, yeah, I agree...I don't think they originally planned to IP Block SEA, otherwise they would have done so off the bat once the contract was made. There must be a number of players or some condition that was/wasn't reached, thus triggering the block. It's possible that SEGA wasn't that confident with Asiasoft's record to begin with, and so agreed to start the block only on the day their service actually begins.

gaijin_punch
Jun 1, 2014, 06:58 PM
This is interesting to hear. I didn't know that the Vita ToS did not cover the same subjects that the PC version did...

Also, there's been talk about trying to make a petition for people to sign . The problem with this is that it needs to be written in Japanese, and has to be checked by someone who is very good with law subjects, so that stuff like the ToS is mentioned, but at the same time, WHY the Asiasoft deal is dirty is also mentioned.

Looking back though, yeah, I agree...I don't think they originally planned to IP Block SEA, otherwise they would have done so off the bat once the contract was made. There must be a number of players or some condition that was/wasn't reached, thus triggering the block. It's possible that SEGA wasn't that confident with Asiasoft's record to begin with, and so agreed to start the block only on the day their service actually begins.

As someone who has spent the majority of their professional life (which is actually a lot now :( ) in Japan, trust me when I tell you this is a waste of time. Japanese organizations aren't known to make changes, even when they should, and even when there is a foreigner high in the ranks. It's all about money, and I'm sure the IP ban was probably a bullet point on AsiaSoft's deal to buy it. The handful of users connecting from abroad can't compete. The resources would be better spent on a service that does the authorization handshake for the client, then passes the connection over (A la, Hola for Chrome, and unblockus.net).

Crystal_Shard
Jun 1, 2014, 07:27 PM
Concurring with gaijin_punch - petitions don't work over on this side of the world (and frankly they don't work as well as they used to do in the west nowadays), and it's more likely to just be met with a polite dismissal or stonewall. Money talks louder, so the best thing anyone can do is just to not support the SEA version, encourage others not to either, and quietly support methods that stick it to Asiasoft.

@Ciel-Homura: Point 2 is the saddest thing right there, but completely expected from Asiasoft. Even sadder is that Asiasoft had so little confidence in selling the product on its merits that they had felt they had to force even the small SEA JP community out of Japan.

@Sizustar: Wasn't referring to financial or legal responsibility / obligations. Asiasoft requested and paid for the ban, but Sega is the one who allowed that condition to be added to the contract. Ergo, they share substantial responsibility for allowing such a clause to be included in.

blkbox11
Jun 1, 2014, 07:37 PM
As someone who has spent the majority of their professional life (which is actually a lot now :( ) in Japan, trust me when I tell you this is a waste of time. Japanese organizations aren't known to make changes, even when they should, and even when there is a foreigner high in the ranks. It's all about money, and I'm sure the IP ban was probably a bullet point on AsiaSoft's deal to buy it. The handful of users connecting from abroad can't compete. The resources would be better spent on a service that does the authorization handshake for the client, then passes the connection over (A la, Hola for Chrome, and unblockus.net).

I'm well aware of this, and I never had much hope that such a thing would work in the first place - I'm certainly not the one organizing the whole thing, at least. It was a proposition mentioned on bumped.org by someone who thought that getting as many players (Japanese and SEA) to sign it as possible would be the best effort we can make.

Of course, the service you mentioned would have its own problems that are worse in comparison. Like with free VPNs, some areas in Southeast Asia just cannot support such things and be stable enough to handle aspects like MPAs. Our connections are just that bad. There's also the matter of security and all that.

In other words, waste of time or not, the petition is still an effort to do something to attempt to regain a means to play the game properly, instead of having to rely on a circumventing service. I would support that more than trying to break into the game as it is, even if it is hopeless.

Eveningxtar
Jun 1, 2014, 10:27 PM
I think a petition might be the only possibility left as a way to voice out the player/community opinion until PSO2 SEA flops and SEGA might( or might not )lift the IP ban.

The only thing now for most SEA player would be a vpn service though as stated, some areas in SEA region would not be able to use it well enough to play most basic aspect of the game.

The only thing SEGA can do atm while the contract is in play with AS is to hopefully not try to ban the players connecting through vpn as surely atm, quite alot of the player base have been affected (different rate at different Ships)

DestinyWings
Jun 2, 2014, 01:49 AM
Any petition would have to address Asiasoft, Sega must likely can't do much because it's in the contract.

Agree with Ciel~Homura, it's sad that Asiasoft didn't use those money to ask for exclusive content but to go with such a forceful way.

Nymfidemus
Jun 2, 2014, 03:47 AM
Any petition would have to address Asiasoft, Sega must likely can't do much because it's in the contract.

Majority have spoken/suggested AS to keep the original in-game term but they still chose to use theirs, so I highly doubt they'll even care about this petition.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jun 2, 2014, 07:10 AM
ill say im not in the sea region but i understand exactly what SEA is doing SEA believes that if you live in SEA region you should be plaing SEA MMOS and not JP or any other regions MMOS

SEA are some of the biggest jerks in the gaming industry all they care about is making as much money off there own people as possible and they overprice there cash shops

rappykillme
Jun 3, 2014, 01:52 AM
hello.
latest i talk with my friend about Way taiwan wasn't blocked ip
he's told me his friend were taiwanese and he got ip blocked
since mid of april. but nows day i see many people still asking
about this block or not
unfortunately i couldn't find any taiwan vpn to test by my self
if anyone can do please prove it

well
i'm sure taiwan was blocked in mid of april but now ?
if it not anymore what's that meaning ?
can we all SEA play hope for unblock in nearby soon

more sucking thing i found in thai server
-many player were banned for unknown reason
-many player were kick out from game, relocation to out of ship
npc change location and everyone got message from player name
'psohack team' in the same time
-from above problem thai gm annouce it's not hacking but some one
just edit client and cause problem to other but it's not hacking (LMAO)
-they still keep game open even above problem was happen not emergency close or annouce anything
-server computer has many loaded so they try to contact SEGA (they decide this thing faster than hacking problem)

this is true story from thai server i didn't make to discredit (as like it have) or some thing. read and judge by you opinion how suck of asiasoft
if thailand doesn't have winner co. i think asiasoft is must be beyond of suck

Sizustar
Jun 3, 2014, 01:56 AM
hello.
about this block or not

well

-they still keep game open even above problem was happen not emergency close or annouce anything
-server computer has many loaded so they try to contact SEGA (they decide this thing faster than hacking problem)

this is true story from thai server i didn't make to discredit (as like it have) or some thing. read and judge by you opinion how suck of asiasoft

Taiwan was never ip blocked, please don't spread false information.

Tes
Jun 3, 2014, 04:54 AM
What does Sea stand for? Will other foreign players be at risk of an IP ban in future?

Sizustar
Jun 3, 2014, 05:07 AM
What does Sea stand for? Will other foreign players be at risk of an IP ban in future?

South East Asia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeast_Asia

So far, only China is ip-banned, because majority of RMT work shop are from there.
SEA region is, because the publisher there, Asiasoft, payed Sega to implment an ip-ban
Taiwan/Hk publisher, Gamania, did not implment an IP-ban, instead they paid Sega for their own region special content, which will start appearing next week
Sakai(Producer) has also already addressed the issue already, regarding the TOS change, and ip-ban, which you can find, if you do some research.

final_attack
Jun 3, 2014, 05:08 AM

SEA = South East Asia ..... But I think in this case, Some-south East Asia. I think the IP Blocked one is countries within AsiaSoft service area.

Risk for IP ban always there, but I think it depends on the publisher. Taiwan didn't get IP Block while having their own PSO2 Server, just SEA one.

Edit : too late to reply ..... 1 min =="

Sp-24
Jun 3, 2014, 05:12 AM
SEA means South-East Asia. And foreigners have always been at a risk of an IP ban, and always will be, unless Sega somehow manages to open the Japanese version of PSO2 to the worldwide audience (which is literally never happening, by the way). However, RMT activity from China and Sega's (alleged) contractual obligation to block the countries that Asiasoft provides the PSO2 service to have been the only precedents of IP bans to draw conclusions from.

Based on this evidence, an IP ban isn't too likely unless something major happens, such as a NA release by a company as greedy as Asiasoft. However, the chance is still there, and it isn't going anywhere.

Tes
Jun 3, 2014, 05:15 AM
Well I guess i'll steer clear of spending any more money on AC. I looked on cirnopedia and someone mentioned using a workaround. So with workaround's available does that mean that technically, if you got one working, you could use your same account or would you have to start again from scratch?

Sp-24
Jun 3, 2014, 05:20 AM
In case of an IP block, your account most likely won't get banned, and you'll still be able to use a sufficiently protected proxy connection to slip back into the game without losing anything. I doubt that accounts with a history of connections from overseas will be put on Sega's watch list, either.

If you get a message about your account being suspended or banned, though, it's game over, unless you can forge a sufficiently believable evidence that you are Japanese. Sega doesn't seem to police foreigners too hard, though, as I think I remember somebody getting themselves unbanned before.

Exiled_Gundam
Jun 3, 2014, 05:21 AM
Well I guess i'll steer clear of spending any more money on AC. I looked on cirnopedia and someone mentioned using a workaround. So with workaround's available does that mean that technically, if you got one working, you could use your same account or would you have to start again from scratch?
The workaround is just for IP-block. Account is still the same

Meteor Weapon
Jun 3, 2014, 08:00 AM
Has anyone got banned so far for using Softether or any other vpn's?

eiistrir
Jun 5, 2014, 10:21 AM
hello.
about this block or not

well

This is wrong sir, I have a Taiwanese friend still being able to play online before the maintenance,

LordKaiser
Jun 5, 2014, 10:49 AM
Can SEA players access Taiwan servers?