PDA

View Full Version : game controller to act like the vita's controls?

apsalari
Jun 2, 2014, 01:18 PM
Hello!

I'm playing PSO2 on both the Vita and on a PC. I'd really like to be able to use a game controller on the PC and have a configuration much like the Vita's default setup.

I've managed to get it mostly going, but I can't figure out how to get the right stick control the camera. I currently am using a Steel Series 3GC (in red led mode), but am not against replacing it with a different controller.

I suspect that part of the problem I'm having is that I don't read Japanese and I'm very new to PSO2.

Any suggestions or tips would be welcome.

Thank you!

Apsalari

lyricalSOL
Jun 2, 2014, 01:43 PM
Hey there!
I have the same controller, and I've gotten it to work.
1. Go into Settings from the main menu.
2. Under Controller Settings, select Gamepad Config
3. Select the first button of the two, then follow instructions.
Once you finish recalibrating the controls, your right stick will function normally.
English patch would help too :P

apsalari
Jun 2, 2014, 02:31 PM
Did you have it in the 'red' or 'green' led mode?

RedRaz0r
Jun 2, 2014, 03:34 PM
Setting your touchscreen monitor to allow you to tap on your bar will be the hard part...

Also, with a full controller, you can have your roll and pick up buttons on 2 different buttons! Woohoo!

apsalari
Jun 3, 2014, 09:26 AM
Giggle. I actually do have a touch screen that I'm playing on. But I hate touching my screen! Finger prints drive me nuts.

I think that I'm one of the few people who actually likes Windows 8.1. Course it helps that I'm running it on an Asus Ultrabook with 512GB of SSD. Now if only the Ultrabook supported more than 8GB of main memory I'd be really happy.

Thanks all for the tips in getting the controller working. Once I put it in 'red' led mode and then got all the way through the basic controller configuration it did everything that I wanted.

Well, almost, but enough that I'm really happy.

LordKaiser
Jun 3, 2014, 03:17 PM
If you're going to us a PS3 controlled don't use Motioninjoy aka DS3Tool. Use Scarlet Crush drivers instead. If you're using a regular PC controller ignore this post.