PDA

View Full Version : GC Ultimate Mode in PSO Episode 1

Keesha_17
Jun 7, 2014, 08:41 PM
Please note that I have only ever played in OFFLINE MODE. I have a few questions considering Ultimate Mode in Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2. First off... I have a HUcaseal level 147 and I still haven't been able to beat the Dark Falz yet. I can get right to where they begin to start taking your soul and then I die - and that is using 10 Dimates, 10 Trimates, and about 12 Scapedolls. The items she has are 4 Metal/Bodies, Gae Bolg, and double guns (something Vice, and then Varista, can't remember off the top of my head). Her mag has about 6 def/0mst/40dex/and the rest pow. Any weapon/armor recommendations for her are appreciated.

Second issue. I have another character (HUnewearl?) who is level 100 and I still can't enter the mines as her in Ultimate. I have completed all quests up to them. What's up with that?

And third, I was wondering what is the quickest way to level up in Ultimate? As my level 147 character I have been doing the Forest and the Ruin quests over and over. Lately it has took me about two days per level for her.

Thank you and all feedback is appreciated!

Rapid99
Jun 8, 2014, 06:56 AM
First don't deal damage to Falz when he has your soul, wait till you get it back.

And rather then chasing Falz 3rd form around with your melee weapons buy 50hit charge mechguns from the shop(check every time you get back to Pioneer if the shopkeeper has them) also some S-Red's Blades for a bit of shifta and debanta boost wouldn't be bad either...and you could find yourself some God/Battle, God/Power or God/Arm units and if this is still to hard for you add 10 star atomizers to your inventory. ( ̄ω ̄; )

Maybe you forgot to talk to the Principal with your HUney after you killed Dal Ral Lie? (●´ω`●)ゞ

More or less Mines and Ruin quests...even online is a drag when leveling up after lvl 150. (´;ω;`)

Rapid99

Keesha_17
Jun 8, 2014, 12:26 PM
Vice and Varista are mechguns, so I figured those would be the ideal thing. I never use melee weapons against Falz - way too fast ha. And nice to see I'm not the only one struggling around the 150 area. Level 200 is max level for the game, correct? And oh my gosh... Yes I forgot to talk to the Principal! I blame the fact that I took a three year break from the game, lol. Thank you. If anyone else had weapon/armor recommendations for my HUcaseal in general feel free to speak up.

Rapid99
Jun 8, 2014, 12:56 PM
Nope Varista is a handgun...and the thing with the hit charge mechguns is so:

It adds a percent to your ATA.
Example: If you have 150 ATA + 50% Hit= 200 ATA
plus the charge special that boost attack damage, but consumes Meseta(200$ per hit).

The only thing you can do via armors or shields is to use armors/shield and units that raise the light protection from Grants. Megid from Falz is instant kill you have to dodge that.

And offline with you level Falz shouldn't be a problem.

Rapid99

Keesha_17
Jun 8, 2014, 05:08 PM
Ah my bad. Was getting the mechgun Justice confused with Varista. Thank you for the tips. Going to try and attempt Falz again shortly.

kevlar_pso
Jun 9, 2014, 10:20 PM
Were you able to beat Falz this time? Also, I have to wonder if you have been keeping track of the types of materials you have been using.

Keesha_17
Jun 10, 2014, 01:41 PM
I've had my HUcaseal since around 2005 when I first started playing the game, so nope...back then I didn't really care what materials I used on her and all that jazz, unfortunately. And I haven't had the chance to face Falz again but will keep you guys updated. I think for the heck of it I might go ahead and get her to level 150 first just to make things even easier.

Rapid99
Jun 10, 2014, 03:32 PM
No need to lvl up i beat Falz with way lover lvl characters that you have....

The only thing you need is HP above 700, so you don't get killed by his slash,
stock up mono/di/trimates and staratomizers and some scape dolls...equip something with light resist also maybe a cure freeze if you have a dying problem with his second form and a God/Battle wouldn't be bad either(but its not essential). Get a 50hit gun from the shop to kill of Darvants (move around don't stay in one place). For the rest get a 50 hit charge mechguns and some meseta 100K.

First form(if you have S-Red's Blades S/D yourself) run to a head stay a bit diagonally pump him full with the charge mechs N->S->S repeat till he had enough.

Second form wait a bit till you see to which side he is moving and run diagonally to him(also stay a bit diagonally when you shoot at him)...if you have problems with the freeze(the cure freeze would be a good idea)...and pump him again with charge mechs N->S->S repeat till he had enough.

Third form...dodge, dodge, dodge(don't shot him when he has your soul)...heal yourself if your HP drops under 700 and like before when you get the chance -> charge mechs N->S->S repeat till he had enough.

Falz dies, you set Rico free, shed a tear and then you move on to beat EP.2 on ULT! (҂⌣̀_⌣́)

Rapid99

Jaspaller
Jun 10, 2014, 03:32 PM
I didn't see it mentioned but, all those 'Metal/Body' units are useless on the third form. My own advice? Some of it is just repeating what others said but...

Get an armor with 4 slots in it.
God/Battle or Devil/Battle is a must.
God/Power or God/Arm units are also a must.
A mag with the Photon Blast 'Mylla and Youlla' is highly recommended.
50% Hit mechgun with charge on it. This is an absolute must and will dish out so much damage compared to most other weapons.
Maybe try to keep an HP stealing weapon around as well just so you can heal up minor damage without using a mate? A mechgun paired with HP steal works wonders.

You can also try dropping a bunch of scape dolls or mates on the ground after starting the fight, returning to P2, restock, and then fight Falz just so you have extra items laying around. I've never done it myself like that before so I don't know if it disappears or gathers into one place on the third form. Do note that there's a limit to the number of items that can be sitting around.

Keesha_17
Jun 10, 2014, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the continual tips! I was beginning to notice that metal/body was becoming useless seeing as she already has a low defense to begin with. Her HP is around 1,200 so it looks like she has had enough to take the hits. I'll keep all this in mind when I attempt Falz again with her. At the moment I'm waiting for another controller to come in so I can trade some items onto her and clear some from her filled bank -_-

Dongra
Jun 11, 2014, 03:45 PM
Defense is useless against Falz simply because none of his attacks take that stat into account. All of Falz attacks either deal elemental damage which is reduced by your armor and shields elemental resist stats or they deal set damage which cannot be reduced at all. A good and cheap set up I can think of for Falz is to grab a charge raygun with high hit and charge vulcan with high hit from the shops which become available after you hit around 150. After that try to max out your ATP and ATA with units and a good mag build. Cure Freeze is good for Falz 2 to avoid getting combo killed so a hunt invested in finding one may be worth your time. Primarily, you will be using mechguns on the first two forms and switching between handgun and mechguns on Falz 3, but if he moves to you and you do have a powerful and accurate melee weapon then you can use that as well but you are probably best avoiding melee.