PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to say thanks for the translation patches

KOLZ
Jun 10, 2014, 01:13 PM
As the title says, I wanted to personally thank everyone that has put who knows how many countless hours in to translating this game for everyone on here and including a random person like my self that doesn't even keep in touch with the community at all. Hell, Last time I logged in to this profile seems to be from 2012, lol. I can't even begin to imagine how much time and effort it must take to translate all of this text and then the time that goes in to making these patches and other programs to make things easier on us to enjoy this game. But I do heavily appreciate all the work that does go in to this amazing project because like to everyone else on here pso holds a very special place in my mind and memories, good and bad, but still a very special game. So getting to play a full fledged sequel to one of my favorite games of all time in a understandable way with out just randomly clicking through menu's is a huge relief and of course makes the game so much more enjoyable.

Yamishi
Jun 10, 2014, 05:20 PM
Hear, hear!

A lot of us take the patches for granted, so I'd like to second the thanks.

Chdata
Jun 10, 2014, 05:28 PM
There's literally a lot I can't do without the item translation patch.

too bad tweaker's exploding on me lately, I'm really missing out on being able to see what tech discs I'm grabbing. (or if they're even tech discs to begin with).

And I haven't bothered to try and fix it yet.

GoldenFalcon
Jun 10, 2014, 05:32 PM
There's figuratively a lot I can't do without the item translation patch.

too bad tweaker's exploding on me lately, I'm really missing out on being able to see what tech discs I'm grabbing. (or if they're even tech discs to begin with).

You can't read katakana?

Chdata
Jun 10, 2014, 05:33 PM
I can read AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

because

UBOAAAああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああ

(yes that's hirigana, but I recognize the katakana one too)

That's about it, I've never studied it. College student, better things to do.

GoldenFalcon
Jun 10, 2014, 05:37 PM
UBOAAAああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああ

SMAAAAAああああああああSHED

well

ギ gi
ラ ra
サ sa
ナ na
イル obvious
バース obvious

admittedly, the ra, sa, and na are all pretty similar

Chdata
Jun 10, 2014, 05:42 PM
I usually just cirnopedia to find items I need / hirigana online typer if I need to type / pick up all 11+ discs if I can't read them / there are a select few techs I recognize from specific bosses, like namegid from haze draal. Or discs with a period separator, since those are usually techs.

I forgot to mention that, either way, it is a huge hassle to sell things on shop without item translations, as well.

And maybe some day I'll be bored and learn hiri/kata.

Would it be more useful to learn katakana first?

GoldenFalcon
Jun 10, 2014, 05:45 PM
Well

When I search for things, I just type in the bare minimum katakana and hit the search button

When selling things, I just click the middle option to view other listings

I'll agree that the translations really help when finding the price of affix fodder though.

Chdata
Jun 10, 2014, 05:48 PM
I type minimum in english to search ;p

Or sort by number of affixes / rarity which is usually what I'm looking for.

But selling the few expensive tickets I merch hidden between all the random fun scratch junk... lel

GoldenFalcon
Jun 10, 2014, 05:50 PM
I type minimum in english to search ;p

Or sort by number of affixes / rarity which is usually what I'm looking for.

But selling the few expensive tickets I merch hidden between all the random fun scratch junk... lel

This is actually off topic now but I really really hate the people who gouge PA tech frags

Chdata
Jun 10, 2014, 05:53 PM
Oh well, forums are made for conversing.

Crafting level going up and level 3 techs being released. Time to wait for some rich guy to get level 50 so he can make me the tech I'm basically getting for free.

GoldenFalcon
Jun 10, 2014, 05:58 PM
In spirit of the thread, the story patch totally revived my love for the game. Thank you

TehCubey
Jun 10, 2014, 06:30 PM
I too would like to thank the good people who put time and effort to work on the translation patches.

I know enough Japanese to be able to play and enjoy the game in its original language, but the translation makes it so much more convenient.

Chdata
Jun 10, 2014, 07:37 PM
I am thankful for the fact that people are so happy that they only remember to be thankful when reminded to.

I usually think about that during Thanksgiving though.

GoldenFalcon
Jun 10, 2014, 09:52 PM
I am thankful for the fact that people are so happy that they only remember to be thankful when reminded to.

I believe you mean that they only remember to be vocal about being thankful, when reminded

Chdata
Jun 10, 2014, 10:47 PM
nop, I also believe that most people have a psychological tendency to give little thought to things they'd otherwise be thankful of, without being reminded. E.g., it's unlikely for this kind of thing to cross the minds of the masses until someone initiates it.

Maybe a few times in a year, people don't take things for granted, and think about what it took for something they're benefiting from to exist. Maybe some people are like me and do so on a daily basis but aren't vocal about it. But it still seems like a lot of people "didn't think of how good this was" until things like this thread are made.

/philosophy