PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back Go Go (mixed opinions)

gaijin_punch
Jun 10, 2014, 09:28 PM
Source (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=3719)

Is this in another thread?

Mixed opinions on this. If you didn't login since the 5/7 maintenance (and do now) you can get up to 11 different items (total of 255). 5 Extreme Passes, 55 Advanced Capsules of type d, e, and f( each). Tri-boosts, Rare drop boosts, grinders, etc.

I understand them wanting to get people in, but that seems like a lot of shit to reward someone with for not playing.

Shadowth117
Jun 10, 2014, 09:31 PM
Source (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=3719)

Is this in another thread?

Mixed opinions on this. If you didn't login since the 5/7 maintenance (and do now) you can get up to 11 different items (total of 255). 5 Extreme Passes, 55 Advanced Capsules of type d, e, and f( each). Tri-boosts, Rare drop boosts, grinders, etc.

I understand them wanting to get people in, but that seems like a lot of shit to reward someone with for not playing.

In an MMO, ideally you want reasons for people who haven't been playing to feel like they can catch up again. Implementing stuff like this helps make people feel like they can catch up easier to their friends if they haven't been able to play the game for whatever reason or just haven't felt like it in a while. It sucks to be into a game, but then not want to go back as much since you feel like everyone else is ahead.

As someone who logs in nearly every day, I do get your point too, but its good to see other perspectives on it. And for the record, they've done this in the past...

GoldenFalcon
Jun 10, 2014, 10:09 PM
Wow, any unused account can log in, get to level 10, and get everything

Rehal
Jun 10, 2014, 11:09 PM
Wow, any unused account can log in, get to level 10, and get everything

.- . Yes it is a very good reason to start over.
Only grinders, photon spheres and 50% exp boosters are tradable btw.

Skyly
Jun 10, 2014, 11:29 PM
I understand what they're trying to do but dam. -__-

gaijin_punch
Jun 11, 2014, 12:59 AM
I understand what they're trying to do but dam. -__-

Yeah -- I understand the logic, but all of that is better than any of the promos we've gotten in the last couple of months. For the record, it's for people that haven't logged in in like what... 5 weeks? I could easily have gotten slammed at work or real life and not been able to log in. I had a friend not play for a month b/c he moved and they cocked up his internet. He clearly picked the wrong month to move. :D