PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on the new area?

Maenara
Jun 12, 2014, 11:51 AM
Yes, I'm aware that it already existed in the story, but discuss.

landman
Jun 12, 2014, 11:53 AM
Haven't played it much, but it felt bland, and very simple. The music reminded me of some Vampire Hunter/Savior/Darkstalkers intro lol

isCasted
Jun 12, 2014, 12:01 PM
Map layouts feel fine. Stage design in overall is great, but red lighting hurts eyes a lot.
Music sounds great, but it's also really repetitive and sometimes bugs out (repeating random parts multiple times and awkwardly jumping tones).
New enemies (if you can ever see them in LQ) feel pointless.

Verdict: this area was designed as something you are not supposed to see all the time (and especially grind for hours in it), so making Limited Quest with it was a terrible idea. For Story and Emergency Quests it's fine.

Maenara
Jun 12, 2014, 12:02 PM
Based on the story quest, the area is perfectly capable of receiving barrier/quarantine codes. They just don't appear in the LQ.

Chdata
Jun 12, 2014, 02:00 PM
I like it because there's a lot less visual static than other maps, there's no platforming (this is a huge plus), and you can shoot things offscreen (killing gel wulfs from across the map FTW).

We're getting this as an AQ, right?!

Macman
Jun 12, 2014, 02:16 PM
It's alright.
Bad idea to showcase the new monsters in this though. The MPA will kill them so fast you wont even see them attack, or even notice they're around.

Kondibon
Jun 12, 2014, 02:27 PM
The main thing I like about the music is that the battle version is just an alternate version of the normal version, so they transition better. I wish the music in all the places was like that.

Vintasticvin
Jun 12, 2014, 02:44 PM
I LOVE the new Limited Quest its fun, chaotic and I can finally Area Attack the baddies in tight spaces <3 Plus its great xp and is the killfest Pso1 was. I will miss it dearly when its gone.