PDA

View Full Version : Tips on Mags

MasterGunz2345
Jun 13, 2014, 11:09 AM
When it came to PSO, I never did a good job raising a mag. A lot of times I forgot to feed it, or i fed it the wrong item and it comes out not exactly the way I wanted it. Same case in PSO2. I'm a Ranger, and I plan on only using the Ranger and Gunner class, so I need some tips on how to make my mag "good" for those classes. What exactly should I be focused on when it comes to the choices like Ranged, Ranged Def., Striking, Striking Def., Dexterity, etc for my Ranger and Gunner class? What items do you recommend I use for the mag? Thanks guys :D

Sizustar
Jun 13, 2014, 11:30 AM
175 R-atk

Now that you can feed it 9* junk, if you do EQ, there should be no shortage of stuff to feed it.

rook303
Jun 13, 2014, 05:48 PM
The best and fastest way to feed a ranger mag is to alternate between 6* ranged weapons (bows , rifles , launchers, twinguns) that raise your R-ATK and dexterity only, then feed it with 5 * room goods that lower your dexterity but still raise your R-ATK.

Alternate between those two carefully and you 'll get a pure 175 R-ATK mag.

You will find easily the required stuff at the player's shops or at the room goods shop.

Edson Drake
Jun 13, 2014, 05:59 PM
The best and fastest way to feed a ranger mag is to alternate between 6* ranged weapons (bows , rifles , launchers, twinguns) that raise your R-ATK and dexterity only, then feed it with 5 * room goods that lower your dexterity but still raise your R-ATK.

Alternate between those two carefully and you 'll get a pure 175 R-ATK mag.

You will find easily the required stuff at the player's shops or at the room goods shop.

No point feeding 6* weapons anymore, go straight to 9* once you get to VH difficulty. VH and SH both rain 9* weapons constantly. The 5* room items advice is sound, but in a pinch, a Dimate will do.

rook303
Jun 14, 2014, 05:12 AM
No point feeding 6* weapons anymore, go straight to 9* once you get to VH difficulty. VH and SH both rain 9* weapons constantly. The 5* room items advice is sound, but in a pinch, a Dimate will do.

oh right , didn't know you could feed 9* now , thanks for the tip!

musicmf
Jun 14, 2014, 07:11 AM
You pretty much just want a R-ATK Mag. No reason not to.

Feed it 9* Ranged Weapons (+RATK +Dex, -RDEF), then counterfeed it 5* Room goods (+RATK, -Dex, +RDEF) to keep it on the pure path.

The room goods are nice because you can buy them in bulk, and carry 99 of them. So it only takes 1 slot in your bag, and you barely have to go and restock. There's even two different cheap 5*s Room Items, so you can carry 99+99 to keep you from restocking even longer.
(See the Room shop near the Recycle/Fun/Badge shops if you don't know the location)

Just don't spam food if you want to make sure you don't feed it the wrong thing and give it levels in things you don't want. Make sure the bar doesn't level anything but RATK before you feed it, then confirm after your sure.
It might take an extra 5~ seconds during each 3x Mag feeding session, but you're 100% mistake proof this way.

Oh, something you may want to consider instead of a pure mag though; The 1st Evolution at 30 determines one of the Trigger actions your mag learns. I quite like the "Support / PP Restore J" from Lepus, which IIRC cannot be gotten anywhere else. So I like to make my mags have 16 TATK first, then pump the full 159 into the stat I desire. (This will let the mag be 16/14 when 30, and evolve into Lepus)
If you don't find any of the four trigger actions useful though, feel free to ignore this and go 175 Pure.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 14, 2014, 12:07 PM
for keeping the Dex in check, i fed mine shrooms+^_^+ only 400 meseta each at my room shop+^_^+ i just hope i didn't do any permanent damage to it's mental health....