PDA

View Full Version : Braver subbing Techer help

PokeminMaster
Jun 13, 2014, 12:54 PM
Okay, so I have a couple questions I will be asking about here. For starters, I will simply show off what my current equipment and goals are, and see if it's possible to reach them.

Vibras Bow+10 (Spirita II, Ability II, Shoot III) as one weapon
Nasuyoteri+10 (Curshing Blow Lv.1, Shoot III, Fang Soul) as an alternate
Lambda Kougongin+10 (Power III) as a backup weapon
Full Vibras Set (+10, Fang Soul, Shoot III on each)

Now I know this equipment isn't the most ideal, but it's the best I have for now. As a side note, I also have a Crater Arche, but I'm in the process of grinding it now. On the Technique side of things, my Bow has more T-ATK than any Rod, Wand, or Talis I have right now, so I stick to using it. The specific Techniques I use are Shifta (level 16, crafted for five bursts) and Resta (also crafted for five bursts), as well as Ilgrants for certain enemies (such as Darker bosses).

I am currently set to Braver (level 66) with Techer as my subclass (level 54)... Up until recently, I honestly haven't been having problems in terms of how much damage I can deal. But once Super Hard came out, I struggled a little bit, and with bosses now, I do absolutely terrible. The lower-than-cap levels are due to my being absent from the game for a couple months, but I'm doing things that I know people my level are easily able to do. As you can tell from my setup, I try to use the Vibras Bow as much as I can. While I know that Katanas can land much more damage, my only quesiton here is this: Can I set up a Br/Te effectively enough to play well?

I have been trying to refrain from using Skill Tree reset passes, so I have a lot to use if anyone can provide advice on the Skill Trees.

PS) I know that while I don't usually cast very many Techniques, I still like the idea of having all three forms of combat available to me. I know that there is no way I can make myself an end-game beast with this set up, but I would like to know if it's possible to play with my ideal classes?

If it really is hopeless to try for Br/Te, I will probably work on leveling up Hunter as a subclass if things start to get any more rough than they already are for me, so any advice on Br/Te would be greatly appreciated!

TehCubey
Jun 13, 2014, 01:08 PM
I'll be blunt:

Your class combo sucks. You try to be a jack of all trades but end up being a master of none.

What good does subbing Techer give to your Braver main? It doesn't boost damage, except for the elemental part of your weapon if you attack an enemy weak to it - still, that's 20% tops, and a very situational one. With a braver subclass, you can get almost 100% more damage instead.

Braver is actually a decent sub for a spellcaster if you use Weak Stance and target the enemy with spells it's weak to. But here's a protip - maining force > maining techer, any day.

Stickboy
Jun 13, 2014, 01:13 PM
what's your current skill tree look like anyway

you could try maximize shifta and deband on techer tree, extend assist and deband cut too

PokeminMaster
Jun 13, 2014, 01:15 PM
I'll be blunt:

Your class combo sucks. You try to be a jack of all trades but end up being a master of none.

What good does subbing Techer give to your Braver main? It doesn't boost damage, except for the elemental part of your weapon if you attack an enemy weak to it - still, that's 20% tops, and a very situational one. With a braver subclass, you can get almost 100% more damage instead.

Braver is actually a decent sub for a spellcaster if you use Weak Stance and target the enemy with spells it's weak to. But here's a protip - maining force > maining techer, any day.

Yeah, I thought that would be the case; don't worry about being blunt, it's what I was looking for.

what's your current skill tree look like anyway

you could try maximize shifta and deband on techer tree, extend assist and deband cut too

For Braver, I focused in on Weak Stance and Rapid Shoot, and maxed out J. Reversal Recover and Braver Mag. As for the Techer tree, I have Shifta maxed out, with only a few points in Deband, and Extend Assist... But that Deband Cut idea, I should use that...

Stickboy
Jun 13, 2014, 01:18 PM
i fergot to ask what's your current mag build

but even with all of these, you wont be able to max out DPS.

PokeminMaster
Jun 13, 2014, 01:19 PM
i fergot to ask what's your current mag build

but even with all of these, you wont be able to max out DPS.

My MAG... was created for back when I was a mixed Braver, before I took on Bows as my main weapon. 175 DEX, with Braver Mag at 5/5...

Alma
Jun 13, 2014, 01:29 PM
just wanna add,
you might want to look at Aseracta *11 katana for your BR/TE build

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A2%E3%82%BB%E3%83%A9%E3%82%AF%E3% 82%BF

it has decent T-atk on it stat (780 T atk at +10) , weak stance potential and BR/FO/TE equipable

PokeminMaster
Jun 13, 2014, 01:33 PM
And I may as well add this question for future reference, would Hunter or Ranger be a better sub for a Bow-using Braver?

TehCubey
Jun 13, 2014, 01:33 PM

OP could do that, but it won't help. Shifta is a very small buff, making it 25% stronger makes... a very small buff still.

A pure dex mag is inferior to a s-atk or r-atk one, but it's acceptable so I won't be hard on that choice. The Braver skill tree sounds decent.

EDIT: For subclass, I'd say hunter > ranger, unless you are very good at hitting weakpoints. If you sub ra, make sure to grab an allclass rifle and weak bullet.

Stickboy
Jun 13, 2014, 01:38 PM
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?07vhbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk6dt7 bIn00000000Ib000000lb000000lb000009b0000000kbIkj2X ksHSlkqn00000IOIb4SdnfrIJbHnGKi20000j

>maxed out shifta, deband and extend assist to get as high attack and defense as well as duration
>never used super treatment, but it sounds useful when you recover from status ailments
>territory burst for MPA runs since maxed out shifta and deband. also for zondeel
>took out just reversal cover 'cuz im not too dependent on it
>took out just reversal 'cuz techer have it
>classic hybrid braver build with bow being main weapon

what i would do anyway. it's up to you to rebuild and shits 'cuz i never tested this build anyway

EDIT: i did say OP won't be able to max out DPS even with maxed shifta

KatherineAlexandra
Jun 13, 2014, 01:39 PM
Maxing shifta/deband isn't worth the skill points on the techer tree.
Hunter's probably the best bet as a sub if you just want damage.

GoldenFalcon
Jun 13, 2014, 01:40 PM
The silly part is that Shifta and Resta don't even benefit from the T-atk on your Biblas Bow

If you don't have the Weak Element Hit skill, then lol