PDA

View Full Version : What Input do you guys use?

LordKaiser
Jun 15, 2014, 12:38 AM
I'm curious about what do you use to play PSO2. I'm using a Dualshock 3 controller with the Scarlet Crush drivers so what do you use?

1- Controller?
2- Keyboard and Mouse?
3- Vita?
4- other

final_attack
Jun 15, 2014, 12:55 AM
Keyboard + Mouse + PS 3 Controller (MotionInJoy driver) ....... since 2 side mouse button isn't enough (I'm using it for both map "m" and "n") ^^;

I only use the PS3 controller for mashing panel in Lilipa TA though (with my toes, since MotionInJoy got Turbo function). As for PA button mash, my mouse got another separate button for that job. Didn't set any for dashing ^^;

Maenara
Jun 15, 2014, 12:59 AM
Keyberd. Merse.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 15, 2014, 01:05 AM
I play PSO2 using an old xbox kinect with a wiimote taped to it+^_^+ i dance to Beatles songs and my game practically plays itself+^_^+

Maenara
Jun 15, 2014, 01:11 AM
an old xbox kinect with a wiimote taped to it+^_^+ i dance to Beatles songs and my game practically plays itself+^_^+

You know how to live, my friend.

Drifting Fable
Jun 15, 2014, 01:48 AM
[spoiler-box]http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/01/razer_sabertooth_02-610x421.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Razer Sabertooth
Mechanical clicky face buttons.
D-pad designed as individual buttons.
Num-pad swapping mapped to the addition 6 buttons with x-padder.
And I've got a control set up that allows me to keep my thumbs on both sticks at all times.

I've had it for about a year and I love it.

Squall179
Jun 15, 2014, 02:31 AM
That is godly, Azure. I want this thing.

Aeris
Jun 15, 2014, 02:33 AM
Keyboard + Mouse, i don't really like even using a controller for the game.

Dragwind
Jun 15, 2014, 07:55 PM
Mostly kb + mouse, but now I'm using controller + kb.

Z-0
Jun 15, 2014, 07:57 PM
-snip-
I really want something like the Razer Sabertooth, but designed more like the PS3 pad, as I could never get used to the Xbox pads.

;w; Anybody know if something like this exists?

Ezodagrom
Jun 15, 2014, 07:57 PM
Keyboard + mouse here, I really can't get used to controller in PSO2.

heinrich6745
Jun 15, 2014, 08:30 PM
Keyboard/mouse always for everything

biased against controllers for PC.......

Horo The Wise Wolf
Jun 15, 2014, 08:42 PM
Keyboard + Mouse Master race

Corsair K70 w/ Cherry mx Red switches and the Razer Naga Hex mouse. Love it!

BIG OLAF
Jun 15, 2014, 08:53 PM
Xbox 360 controller. I find keyboard + mouse extremely aggravating for any game besides top-down dungeon crawlers like Diablo or Torchlight.

Mostly because my reflexes are bad and my hands are perpetually shaking slightly, which throws precision aiming with the mouse off just enough to irritate.

Lumpen Thingy
Jun 15, 2014, 08:57 PM
Keyboard + Mouse Master race

Corsair K70 w/ Cherry mx Red switches and the Razer Naga Hex mouse. Love it!

what I use for every pc game but PSO2 but yeah isn't that shit amazing :D

yoshiblue
Jun 15, 2014, 08:59 PM
Controller; unless the game demands more reaction time like FPS games.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Jun 15, 2014, 09:00 PM
what I use for every pc game but PSO2 but yeah isn't that shit amazing :D

The keyboard itself is something to die for. The keys just glide so well.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 15, 2014, 09:03 PM
Keyboard, because well I'm good at keyboard and mouse. I paid my dues with controllers, and will only use them for fighters and racers.

Akakomuma
Jun 15, 2014, 09:55 PM
Dual Shock 4 controller with DS4 tool. Not a keyboard fan for these types of games because an analog stick gives more range of motion plus I don't like doing everything with one hand.

wefwq
Jun 15, 2014, 10:00 PM
KB+M i can't into gamepad/controller button scheme.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 15, 2014, 10:06 PM
I alternate

Sp-24
Jun 16, 2014, 01:59 AM
Keyboard and mouse. The only use I ever found for a gamepad is great control over your dash/roll/mirage escape direction when locked on, and it's just not enough to give up the benefits that mouse offers.

btw-Niji
Jun 16, 2014, 02:28 AM
I play with both controller and KB+mouse

I mostly use Xbox 360 controller, but I quickly switch to KB+mouse if I need to use TPS. In my opinion, Xbox360's analog stick is kind of terrible for that.

I also use a second KB on the floor for sub palette because I removed those controls from my pad setup.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 16, 2014, 02:30 AM
Keyboard and mouse, clearly.

Console Plebeians.

Sanguine2009
Jun 16, 2014, 02:45 AM
i play using a controller 90% of the time, however i do sometimes one hand it and use the mouse for aiming in tps mode

Houten
Jun 16, 2014, 03:08 AM
[spoiler-box]http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/01/razer_sabertooth_02-610x421.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Razer Sabertooth
Mechanical clicky face buttons.
D-pad designed as individual buttons.
Num-pad swapping mapped to the addition 6 buttons with x-padder.
And I've got a control set up that allows me to keep my thumbs on both sticks at all times.

I've had it for about a year and I love it.

Can you explain how you have it set up? I was told you can only map the buttons that are on the controller so i didnt feel it was a necessary purchase when i already use the PS4 controller.

Thanks

Chik'Tikka
Jun 16, 2014, 03:21 AM
Can you explain how you have it set up? I was told you can only map the buttons that are on the controller so i didnt feel it was a necessary purchase when i already use the PS4 controller.

Thanks

he used a program called Xpadder rather then the in game mapping options to map key bindings to his controller, as far as his game is concerned, the controller's extra 6 buttons *is* his keyboard+^_^+

Drifting Fable
Jun 16, 2014, 02:51 PM
^ Eyup.

Thanks

Right, the extras can only be assigned to the existing buttons on the controller. Such as my Bottom left rocker can be assigned to the B button, but the computer nor xpadder will ever see it as an additional mapable button. However, there is a work around.

Basically Xpadder has a feature called Set Selector that will allow you to switch profiles at the hold of a button. Kind like how in the original DMC games, holding down the lock-on button would allow you access to some new moves you normally couldn't pull off with the default scheme.

So lets say I have RB set as my "set selector", holding it down allows me to switch from my default profile(profile 1) to my dedicated weapon swamping profile(profile one). So while profile 1 might have my B button assigned to jumping(whether through in-game or your spacebar/whatever keyboard key you have for jumping), profile 2 on the other hand has B assigned to numpad 3 for insta-swapping.

Combining it all: RB + Bottom Left Rocker(assigned to B button) = Weapon swap pallet 3.

And of course letting RB go returns it to my default profile and functionality. This can also be done with your regular controller. The sabertooth just gives me the bonus pf some nicer to reach buttons that I can leave for those purposes instead of trying to quickly push the "Back button" or something.

So I've got the comfortability and familiarity of the controller, some of the advantages of the keyboard without having to quickly fumble around for the key I want, all for one neat Action MMO on Photons. oxo b

Code-red
Jun 16, 2014, 06:51 PM
I'm playing the game with the logitech f310 with all the action controls linked to the controller. while i use the keyboard for the healing items since you are standing still anyways when an item is used.

Gama
Jun 16, 2014, 07:19 PM
ive been using the same controller for about 8 years.

logitech dual action with the logitech profiler.

works great and gives me full control of the subpallete and still have room for some other macros.

https://copy.com/dfbk2hzyvL2F

gigawuts
Jun 16, 2014, 07:36 PM
I play with both controller and KB+mouse

I mostly use Xbox 360 controller, but I quickly switch to KB+mouse if I need to use TPS. In my opinion, Xbox360's analog stick is kind of terrible for that.

I also use a second KB on the floor for sub palette because I removed those controls from my pad setup.

this basically

I like to do melee with a dark souls-inspired layout, but I'll swap to M&K if I'm typing a lot or I'm on a class that I may TPS with

sometimes I do use controller for ranged & force classes though, when I'm feeling lazy and the attacks work fine with the autoaim or have a nice enough AOE that the controller's lack of finer precision won't be a major hindrance

Sp-24
Jun 16, 2014, 07:41 PM
ive been using the same controller for about 8 years.

logitech dual action with the logitech profiler.

works great and gives me full control of the subpallete and still have room for some other macros.

https://copy.com/dfbk2hzyvL2F
How are you using a controller for so long, holy crap? Mine break faster than my patience for Doodoo.

ArataWata
Jun 17, 2014, 04:46 AM
I used to be a keyboard warrior but I started using a 360 controller and haven't looked back since.

Also use the Vita.

Shear
Jun 17, 2014, 05:07 AM
I'm using a Xbox Controller too, it's kinda easy mode since it's preconfiured :p
I had the Idea of trying to use my OCZ NIA with it ... the common sense hit me and I ditched the idea.

Achelousaurus
Jun 17, 2014, 10:02 AM
I use a controller.
I graduated from my crappy fake PS2 gamepad with broken analog stick and moved on to a Microsoft 360 / PC wireless controller.

Somehow I can't set my palette properly and even if I highlight stuff I cannot actually use it, so I have to use keyboard for that.

Either way I always switch to mouse for turrets.

Gama
Jun 17, 2014, 11:16 AM
How are you using a controller for so long, holy crap? Mine break faster than my patience for Doodoo.g

well I disassemble it once a year and clean it, and am carefull with it. if it ever breaks I'll try getting another one or the new xinput version, which also works with the profiler.

used to use ds3 but the profiler makes this controller so much better then any other controller, I wanted a Razer one but those seem to break so easy I don't think its worth the price tag.

Meyfei
Jun 17, 2014, 06:42 PM
I play using my sheer Will power, and a keyboard and mouse.

AlVaRo0515
Jun 17, 2014, 06:46 PM
I use gamepad, with Joy2key for dashing, although I regret getting used to playing on pad since keyboard/mouse is much more superior when it comes to TPSing and other things.

Imjake
Jun 17, 2014, 06:54 PM
cheap-o off brand 360 controller. LOL this post seems to have been made to make people go "oh my God! You are the best nerd of all the nerds cuz of dat controller, yo!". I can understand using the controller capabilities that allow for "turbo" mode, but sheesh, you aren't at any advantage for what you use in regards to a controller or kb+mouse outside of said "turbo" ability for dashing and button pressing.

Mesarthim
Jun 17, 2014, 08:24 PM
I just use my PS3 controller with xbox drivers. Manual targeting doesn't hinder me.

LordKaiser
Jun 17, 2014, 08:35 PM
Wow too many keyboard & Mouse users. I may try playing like that someday but not with my current cheap mouse and rubber-dome keyboard.

Maybe when I buy the Logitech G600 mouse and a mechanical keyboard.

I may change to another controller soon because the DS3 L2 and R2 buttons pseudo triggers are annoying and a pain to use dash and restorative items with.

Jazneo
Jun 17, 2014, 08:55 PM
i use xbox 360 controller and i dont own xbox 360 lol

Horo The Wise Wolf
Jun 17, 2014, 08:58 PM
Wow too many keyboard & Mouse users. I may try playing like that someday but not with my current cheap mouse and rubber-dome keyboard.

Maybe when I buy the Logitech G600 mouse and a mechanical keyboard.

I may change to another controller soon because the DS3 L2 and R2 buttons pseudo triggers are annoying and a pain to use dash and restorative items with.

Get a mechanical keyboard.

It'll change your life.

red1228
Jun 17, 2014, 09:16 PM
Wired Xbox360 Controller.

I admit that Mouse & Keyboard have better precision, but I am too old-fashioned (grew up on console games) to make the switch. I have tried (and failed) a couple of times, though. WASD + Mouse is just too awkward for me. Thumbsticks for life, yo.

I DO *sometimes* use the number keys & F-Keys on my keyboard, however. The mouse pretty much exists to copypasta things from the chat log.

Jaquecz
Jun 17, 2014, 09:19 PM
KeyBoob and Moose.

Not much of a reason to use anything else.

doomdragon83
Jun 17, 2014, 09:33 PM
Wired Xbox 360 Controller + Keyboard but after looking at the Razer Sabertooth that Drifting Fable posted, I look into getting that instead. My controller's thumbsticks are in need of fixing and I'll try to do so after I learn how to open it. Even so, it's time for a new controller for my PC and if I fix my 360 controller, I'll still look in to that Razer controller.

Ygdrad
Jun 17, 2014, 11:15 PM
I use a Nostromo in my left hand instead of the keyboard and a mouse with two thumb buttons and a secondary thumb scroll wheel. The Nostromo has a thumb D-pad which i use for movement, freeing up 4 fingers to control everything else unhindered and without having to let go of movement controls.

Raid_Hirsh
Jun 17, 2014, 11:23 PM
I play with the Keyboard and Mouse (when I'm home for vacations) and the Vita (when I go back to dorm at school).

Rotek
Jun 17, 2014, 11:28 PM
I currently use a Dualshock 3.

Hoping to get one similar to this so I'm able to set up some macros and bind the number keys to it.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww42/iieeann/Forum%20-%20Others/MB-2177B.jpg http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww42/iieeann/Forum%20-%20Others/MB-2177B-2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

keywen
Jun 17, 2014, 11:36 PM
CMStorm Keyboard with brown switches and a Roccat Kone mouse *swoon*

Chik'Tikka
Jun 18, 2014, 12:03 AM
Wired Xbox 360 Controller + Keyboard but after looking at the Razer Sabertooth that Drifting Fable posted, I look into getting that instead. My controller's thumbsticks are in need of fixing and I'll try to do so after I learn how to open it. Even so, it's time for a new controller for my PC and if I fix my 360 controller, I'll still look in to that Razer controller.

If it's an OEM 360 pad, it takes a T8 Security Driver+^_^+ you should be able to find one at a hardware store somewhere for a couple dollars+^_^+ Radio Shack may have them too, maybe.

Also, besides the visible screws, there's another screw underneath the little barcode where the battery pack goes, unless yours is wired, then it's just under the barcode next to the Microsoft/XBox 360 hologram+^_^+ There's 7 total screws and remember never to "force" anything, or you might break something+^_^+

doomdragon83
Jun 18, 2014, 03:55 PM
If it's an OEM 360 pad, it takes a T8 Security Driver+^_^+ you should be able to find one at a hardware store somewhere for a couple dollars+^_^+ Radio Shack may have them too, maybe.

Also, besides the visible screws, there's another screw underneath the little barcode where the battery pack goes, unless yours is wired, then it's just under the barcode next to the Microsoft/XBox 360 hologram+^_^+ There's 7 total screws and remember never to "force" anything, or you might break something+^_^+
I'll head to the hardware store tomorrow and get one.

I used to buy a new controller whenever the sticks started to drift and stick as I never thought I can just fix the problem on my own back then. This wired controller is the 3rd one and I don't want to buy any more unless it's actually worth it (like the Razer). I'll try fixing the old controllers first, after that is my wired one.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 18, 2014, 11:41 PM
I found, after cleaning the actuators with 91% isopropyl alcohol, swapping the sticks themselves and turning them 180° helps a bit with getting some of the "snap" back+^_^+

Polymer
Jun 18, 2014, 11:44 PM
I use a controller. I find it a little hard to play a game like this on keyboard and mouse.

brook1yn
Jun 27, 2014, 05:43 PM
Im using a Xbox One controller

Gama
Jun 27, 2014, 05:51 PM
id love to try this baby on pso2
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://cdn.highwinds.steamstatic.com/store/livingroom/rljKewyz3M/controller.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

IndignationSWF
Jun 27, 2014, 08:20 PM
I use a Wired Xbox 360 pad for the most part. It feels really natural to me as a Braver and Hunter. I switch to Keyboard and Mouse for Ranger though for better third person aiming.

RadiantLegend
Jun 27, 2014, 08:34 PM
KB + M

The Walrus
Jun 27, 2014, 08:43 PM
PS3 controller. I will occasionally use KB&M on the rare occasion when I use Ranger.

Asuka~
Jun 27, 2014, 09:00 PM
Laptop keyboard and touch pad! :D

Zipzo
Jun 27, 2014, 09:01 PM
I really want something like the Razer Sabertooth, but designed more like the PS3 pad, as I could never get used to the Xbox pads.

;w; Anybody know if something like this exists?

Yup. Look up the MLG tournament controller. It has swappable sticks so you can format it similar to either the 360 layout or the PS3 layout, whichever you're feeling like.

Gama
Jun 27, 2014, 09:26 PM
Yup. Look up the MLG tournament controller. It has swappable sticks so you can format it similar to either the 360 layout or the PS3 layout, whichever you're feeling like.

very interesting
[SPOILER-BOX]http://driph.com/words/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/MLGController_displayed.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

doomdragon83
Jun 28, 2014, 01:34 AM
Great, the forums are back and so is the game! :-)

I found, after cleaning the actuators with 91% isopropyl alcohol, swapping the sticks themselves and turning them 180° helps a bit with getting some of the "snap" back+^_^+
I tried simply cleaning the controller, I only have 50% rubbing alcohol but I figured it was good enough to make use of. Aside from it being nice and clean, the sticks still have the drift. I'll try once more, probably when I can get that 91% alcohol and swap the sticks.

At least I got a bit of experience opening the controller, I was afraid I might break something, all that worry for nothing I suppose. Another thing, Wired 360 controllers need a Phillips screwdriver to open, Wireless 360 controllers needs that T8 you mentioned earlier.

very interesting
[spoiler-box]http://driph.com/words/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/MLGController_displayed.jpg[/spoiler-box]
This looks nice too. Not only does it have the PS-style pad, the back/start/guide buttons are moved upwards. I do sometimes accidentally hit the start or guide buttons and it caused problems for me (only when I'm on the 360) so this is a pleasant surprise. Assuming this controller isn't too expensive, I'll consider getting one when I get a chance.

Shiyo
Jun 28, 2014, 01:45 AM
Xbox 360 wired controller.

I prefer KB/mouse for nearly every game, but it's not as smooth and makes the game feel less "fun" for some reason than using a controller.

Daiyousei
Jun 28, 2014, 02:15 AM
Since I was showing some friends this
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/ZfouSce.png[/spoiler-box]

Shows how much I dodge playing braver, and I don't dash or that W would be gone as well.

Kikikiki
Jun 28, 2014, 02:43 AM
Since I was showing some friends this
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/ZfouSce.png[/spoiler-box]

Shows how much I dodge playing braver, and I don't dash or that W would be gone as well.

Why would the W be gone though.

Daiyousei
Jun 28, 2014, 04:58 AM
Why would the W be gone though.

triple-quad dashing or something, I just use autorun a lot instead.

moorebounce
Jun 28, 2014, 06:40 AM
I use a wired 360 controller. I never thought to use K&M for TPS mode. I may try it out if we can ever get back on.

chaoko99
Jun 28, 2014, 08:29 AM
my keyboard has analog keys, I just set w/s to be x+/- and ad to.. you get the point, I have the precision of a controller with the function of a keyboard, gets in the way of chat sometimes though.