PDA

View Full Version : Will PSO-World eventually have a PSO2 Database?

the_importer_
Jun 15, 2014, 10:36 AM
Besides the forums, there doesn't seem to be any activity on this website. With no news update and no PSO2 database, this site might as will be a Internet archive. I know we can get our PSO2 news and DB elsewhere, but still, its a shame to let this site go to waste.

gigawuts
Jun 15, 2014, 10:40 AM
IIRC they said a big update to the site, the forums, and presumably the addition of a PSO2 database was in the works and would be launching soon™ about...a year ago? A year and a half?

At that time a western release of PSO2 felt pretty imminent however, so I suspected it was meant to coincide with that. That may be why it's been held off.

By now they may feel that sufficient options already exist, so there's no need to reinvent the wheel. I think this site was meant to primarily be a resource for western versions of the game, and since the western version isn't out yet, well...

Punisher106
Jun 15, 2014, 10:41 AM
Besides the forums, there doesn't seem to be any activity on this website. With no news update and no PSO2 database, this site might as will be a Internet archive. I know we can get our PSO2 news and DB elsewhere, but still, its a shame to let this site go to waste.

Why would we? There's far more reliable stuff out there, and I don't see a database for the PSP series. It's a forum, essentially. That's about it.

Skyly
Jun 15, 2014, 01:51 PM
There was a database for all PS games so why not this one? This sight has kinda fell off in the past year or so. Ehh.. I still come here though.

reaper527
Jun 16, 2014, 02:10 PM
does the site still have admins maintaining it? i got the impression that the people with the power to make changes were all mia, and all that was left was the community and maybe some mods. speaking from experience, if this is in fact the case, it will eventually kill the site.

Resta
Jun 16, 2014, 02:11 PM
There was a database for all PS games so why not this one? This sight has kinda fell off in the past year or so. Ehh.. I still come here though.

What's a better site for pso2 community now?

Shadowth117
Jun 16, 2014, 02:47 PM

4cha- *shot*

Skyly
Jun 16, 2014, 02:58 PM

None sadly. I wish there was a english version of the JP wiki.
Even something like pso2pedia would be nice.
cirno sucks (no disrespect to the people who run cirno)

Angelo
Jun 16, 2014, 03:00 PM
The PSU characters are still on the banner.

Doubt it.

AlaskanKactus
Jun 16, 2014, 03:33 PM
cirno sucks (no disrespect to the people who run cirno)

Can someone explain to me why there is so much distaste for Cirno?

Is it because it doesn't allow open editing?

Serious question, I'm not offended or anything I'm just curious.

Sychosis
Jun 16, 2014, 03:49 PM

Because Cirno is worst 2hu.

Kondibon
Jun 16, 2014, 04:11 PM

Serious question, I'm not offended or anything I'm just curious.Because it has a reputation for being updated slowly, and people don't like Lord Phrozen's taste in headers or sense of humor.

BIG OLAF
Jun 16, 2014, 04:16 PM
IIRC they said a big update to the site, the forums, and presumably the addition of a PSO2 database was in the works and would be launching soon™ about...a year ago? A year and a half?

Yeah, boy, I'd sure like some news as to how all that's coming along.

I mean, shit, the front page doesn't even get updated. Last news bit on there was January 28th. I mean, c'mon now.

Because goddamn lolis.

..and also because it updates very slowly, too.

Totori
Jun 16, 2014, 04:49 PM
Loli's are awesome, get off the haterade~

BIG OLAF
Jun 16, 2014, 04:54 PM
No, they're not.

Also, people still say "Haterade?"

yoshiblue
Jun 16, 2014, 04:56 PM
From time to time.

Skyly
Jun 16, 2014, 06:30 PM

Snail speed updates.
Wrong drop info.
Doesn't allow open editing as you mentioned

Don't get me wrong the site has a ton of info and I frequent it a lot (because I pso2 wiki isn't in my native language) but I think it's just managed very poorly.

Mystil
Jun 17, 2014, 11:53 AM
Maybe most of them just don't have the time anymore.