PDA

View Full Version : To prepare for Bouncer class

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 15, 2014, 11:54 AM
I know when braver came out people jacked up on tons of client orders beforehand with their pre-maxed out classes to prepare for the new class. So i saw people at level 45 automatically on teh first day.

is there any suggestions on which client orders i should do so that i can start off at level 45/70 automatically?

i heard daily orders are good, hans seems nice as well, but daily orders have a date/time deadline tho right?

Sizustar
Jun 15, 2014, 11:56 AM
99 quartz dragon fan daily order, an d the other 99 collect with high exp.
Also just get all the ingrediant for Franka's quest too, start with the early one at low level, and turn it all in

oratank
Jun 15, 2014, 12:02 PM
daily orders don't have dead line

Raevis
Jun 15, 2014, 12:06 PM
i heard daily orders are good, hans seems nice as well, but daily orders have a date/time deadline tho right?
Once you accept a daily, you keep it until you turn it in. Any of the 99 item scaling dailies is prolly a very good idea to have. c:

red1228
Jun 15, 2014, 12:07 PM
Daily Order's can be turned in whenever you want. I always have a few "backed up" DO's because I don't do them on the spot. I grab any that are worth 10,000 or more exp & kinda just "hold on to 'em". They get done overtime as I play the game.

Doesn't matter if they're a few days/weeks/months overdue. Unlike Xie's client orders, you can turn them in whenever YOU want to.

NoiseHERO
Jun 15, 2014, 12:18 PM
Why couldn't they just, make a punch and kick class. D<

Why'd they have to have the same idea as me.

Why couldn't it die with shadow. D<

Dnd
Jun 15, 2014, 12:20 PM
99x daily orders for VH/SH are ideal because they give tons of exp

Hans 90x kill x quests and the SH boss ones are great aswell, because spend 30-40 mins in the free field to clear both.

Rare spawn CO's are also pretty good and stop being exp undercut at lv40

But im not sure why you'd wanna rush to lv45 on day one with a rubbish-ass weapon and no knowage playing the class so you get your ass kicked for hours learning everything.. but then thats just my opinion

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 15, 2014, 12:22 PM
99x daily orders for VH/SH are ideal because they give tons of exp

Hans 90x kill x quests and the SH boss ones are great aswell, because spend 30-40 mins in the free field to clear both.

Rare spawn CO's are also pretty good and stop being exp undercut at lv40

But im not sure why you'd wanna rush to lv45 on day one with a rubbish-ass weapon and no knowage playing the class so you get your ass kicked for hours learning everything.. but then thats just my opinion

Equip beautiful 10 star boots on the first day :3

Sayara
Jun 15, 2014, 12:23 PM
They sure look good when you lie there on the ground dead though.

LordKaiser
Jun 15, 2014, 12:24 PM
I think it will be dex based class with something similar to Braver MAG that increase S and T attacks by 50% from the MAGs DEx.

Dnd
Jun 15, 2014, 12:30 PM
Equip beautiful 10 star boots on the first day :3

You gotta find them first aswell >_>;

Sizustar
Jun 15, 2014, 12:54 PM
You gotta find them first aswell >_>;

Or buy them~

Takatsuki
Jun 15, 2014, 01:43 PM
Or buy them~

Do you have ANY idea how expensive day 1 rares are for new classes?

Sayara
Jun 15, 2014, 02:09 PM
only for the most immiedete moment before everyone realizes they are garbage latent.
see 99% of weapons

Tenlade
Jun 15, 2014, 02:16 PM
day one dual sabers will be expensive, the shoes will most likely be cheap as dirt, if how braver 's permeir worked out is any indication.(everyone went for katanas and even the most powerful bow was like under 10 mil).

Chdata
Jun 15, 2014, 02:29 PM
Just craft some free 1* and you'll probably outclass a lot of the new junk 7* for a while, unless you have the meseta to waste on expensive rares that will be outdated continuously due to it being a new class.

PokeminMaster
Jun 15, 2014, 02:36 PM
I know it's hard to go by with what we have now, but does anyone have any idea what subclass might work best for this class?

Otherwise, I have to say the class looks pretty promising :3

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2014, 02:38 PM
I know it's hard to go by with what we have now, but does anyone have any idea what subclass might work best for this class?

Otherwise, I have to say the class looks pretty promising :3I would assume hunter, but if the kicks deal tech based damage fighter, braver, or techer might be better.
Pretty sure dual sabers are gonna be S-atk though so...

SakoHaruo
Jun 15, 2014, 02:40 PM
But what if a new race appears? And with Nanoblast/SUV? D:

#missionaborted

day one dual sabers will be expensive, the shoes will most likely be cheap as dirt, if how braver 's permeir worked out is any indication.(everyone went for katanas and even the most powerful bow was like under 10 mil).

The boots are mad hype, though.

Just wait for the 11* all class high heels/hooker boots.

Chdata
Jun 15, 2014, 02:45 PM
Either:

Techs with boots will be OP, or uselessly UP as it tries to hybrid between techs and boot PAs.

Freshellent
Jun 15, 2014, 02:56 PM
Seems like nearly everything in this game is against real hybrid stuff. You kind of have to dedicate to one side over the other otherwise you're useless.

Sizustar
Jun 15, 2014, 03:02 PM

Otherwise, I have to say the class looks pretty promising :3

They say Jet boot is Te/Bo as best

yoshiblue
Jun 15, 2014, 03:03 PM
Its time to get fit.

GoldenFalcon
Jun 15, 2014, 03:09 PM
I will have two trees

one for jet boots + knuckles

other for twin sabers + twin daggers

Arksenth
Jun 15, 2014, 03:16 PM
They say Jet boot is Te/Bo as best

I have no idea how this will work out in practice because TE doesn't have any modifiers for Striking Elemental damage except for EWH, and only element-specific teching modifiers. Seems like a classic case of SEGA not knowing its own game.

LordKaiser
Jun 15, 2014, 03:43 PM
You guys haven't seen the tree just yet. It's possible they include Bouncer MAG that adds half of your MAG Dex to S and T attack stats or adds half of your T to S attack or half of your S to T attacks.

If it don't have such skill then I don't see myself bothering much with this class. till I managed to buy MAGs.

Gardios
Jun 15, 2014, 03:46 PM
I have no idea how this will work out in practice because TE doesn't have any modifiers for Striking Elemental damage except for EWH, and only element-specific teching modifiers. Seems like a classic case of SEGA not knowing its own game.

Since they said jet boots are tech weapons, it probably deals tech damage just like talis does.

Arksenth
Jun 15, 2014, 03:48 PM
Since they said jet boots are tech weapons, it probably deals tech damage just like talis does.

Yeah, but there's striking elemental tech damage and tech elemental tech damage. Talis strikes aren't impacted by Teching modifiers for example. Wand Gear is also tech damage, but it's impacted by Fury Stance. So knowing the kicks, it'll be the same thing.

Gardios
Jun 15, 2014, 03:51 PM
Oh, I thought talis was completely tech. Tells you about how much I use it. :|

Shinamori
Jun 15, 2014, 04:22 PM
I am so making a Human Shadow character. And Farah character to.

Walkure
Jun 15, 2014, 05:00 PM
Dealing two types of damage can work in games because:

Enemies have extremely different defenses against each damage type.

The hybrid damage just straight up has high attributes on both ends of attack.

Considering that the former largely doesn't exist between Strike and Tech (hell, outside of headshots on ranged it hardly exists period), they'd have to go with the latter.

So the real design problem would be making multipliers for Boots, Dual Blades, and the Bouncer skill tree, in a way that could encourage hybrid gameplay yet doesn't unbalance other classes subbing it either for the skills or for the weapons.

Which... will be hard. If they separate Boots and Dual Blades into their own specific trees, like they typically do with skill trees, then hybrid gameplay will pretty much die instantly. If they go with something like Fury Stance multipliers for striking and tech attacks, then other classes could get huge benefits from subbing BO just for multipliers. a similar thing could happen if you made Boots or Blades naturally powerful on their own; people could sub BO just for a single weapon as an optimal build for their own class.

You guys haven't seen the tree just yet. It's possible they include Bouncer MAG that adds half of your MAG Dex to S and T attack stats or adds half of your T to S attack or half of your S to T attacks.I hope they don't add DEX mag to the tree; that'd be a waste.

It's 5 SP to be able to equip any DEX requirement gear without ruining overall attack potential. It hedges entirely on both damage types being equal, and the two attack requirements for weapons never being able +75 of the standard build. That hasn't quite failed completely and totally on Braver yet but it's pretty damn close to failing on all ends.

LordKaiser
Jun 15, 2014, 06:16 PM
Dealing two types of damage can work in games because:

I hope they don't add DEX mag to the tree; that'd be a waste.

It's 5 SP to be able to equip any DEX requirement gear without ruining overall attack potential. It hedges entirely on both damage types being equal, and the two attack requirements for weapons never being able +75 of the standard build. That hasn't quite failed completely and totally on Braver yet but it's pretty damn close to failing on all ends.SEGA will probably do it anyways since this is how they work... Well at least if subbing Bo to Br then Braver Mag and Bouncer MAG will add 100% of the dex to S-Attack......

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 15, 2014, 06:21 PM
SEGA will probably do it anyways since this is how they work... Well at least if subbing Bo to Br then Braver Mag and Bouncer MAG will add 100% of the dex to S-Attack......

i like the sound of that bo and br combo seems awesome

Sanguine2009
Jun 15, 2014, 06:28 PM
frankly speaking i dont care if its a woefully underpowered hybrid or blatantly overpowered(and it WILL be one of these two going by segas track record) as long as it is not a total abortion design wise like techer(as much as i love it), RIP

RedRaz0r
Jun 15, 2014, 06:35 PM
How I prepared:

1. Uninstall the game
2. Stop caring

I'm ready!

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 15, 2014, 06:41 PM
How I prepared:

1. Uninstall the game
2. Stop caring

I'm ready!

great answer!

now go away and don't come back.

Omega-z
Jun 15, 2014, 07:08 PM
hmm... I've been wondering why the designer said TE/BO (better T-atk then BO/TE most likely) is the best with Jet Boots? The only thing that could make that true is "IF" you could not use Techs unless paired with TE or FO with the boots. Also TE having more synergy & a boost then what FO gives with the boots.

For Dual-Sabers I'm guessing that HU will give the best bonuses with it's boosts plus HP over FI & BR, for a HU/BO combo.

"IS" Sega trying to fix (and could fail big time) the TE & HU classes by having another class BO combine with them? It looks like it.

edit: "IF" we ever get a second Sub-Class add-on I think a HU/TE/BO could be fun to try out.

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2014, 07:30 PM
hmm... I've been wondering why the designer said TE/BO (better T-atk then BO/TE most likely) is the best with Jet Boots? The only thing that could make that true is "IF" you could not use Techs unless paired with TE or FO with the boots. Also TE having more synergy & a boost then what FO gives with the boots.

For Dual-Sabers I'm guessing that HU will give the best bonuses with it's boosts plus HP over FI & BR, for a HU/BO combo.

"IS" Sega trying to fix (and could fail big time) the TE & HU classes by having another class BO combine with them? It looks like it.

edit: "IF" we ever get a second Sub-Class add-on I think a HU/TE/BO could be fun to try out.From a purely theory crafting standpoint, Bouncer has easy access to support techs which extend assist and long time assist both buff. Then there's the shifta and deband buffs, which, if they were actually worth using would make it more appealing.

Also based on the videos the kicks change elements depending on the last offensive tech you used, meaning element weak hit will be easier to take advantage of.

This is of course assume half of those things are worth taking, which they're not. I think it's just a case of them not understanding the meta and underestimating how strong pure damage boosts are. I think we'll need to see Bouncer's skill tree before figuring this out as well. For all we know it could end up with some crazy high multipliers that affect striking AND tech damage.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 15, 2014, 07:34 PM
Shadow the Hedgehog shoe camos.

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 15, 2014, 07:37 PM
Shadow the Hedgehog shoe camos.

air gear rollerblade camos.

Dragwind
Jun 15, 2014, 07:39 PM
BO - glorified humar casting techs with his feet, now with fancy footwear.

Gardios
Jun 15, 2014, 07:41 PM
They could be talking post-EP3 class combinations, i.e. after their skill tree evaluation where they might actually redesign them for the first time ever.

They fulfilled my dream of a mage knight class, they might just fulfill my other dream, too.

Ezodagrom
Jun 15, 2014, 07:42 PM
From a purely theory crafting standpoint, Bouncer has easy access to support techs which extend assist and long time assist both buff.
Long time assist is TE main class only... :\

Omega-z
Jun 15, 2014, 07:46 PM
^Kondibon - Ninja'd part of this post with EWH.

Another thing I notice in the video is that you cast Techs and PA's separate but the supports are Auto-Casted by Fix'd or Assigned to the PA which you can do without the PA too (IF your a TE or FO...maybec). The Boots can temporary change element (may not get the boost with the Weapon Base Element) when casting a Tech before it making it work well with EWH. The Boots seem to have a faster charge rate making them fast at casting which makes them seem like there's an atk-type Tech going off at times with PA's. But If you notice Il-Foie (Double-jumped and held in the air) and Megid (walking on the ground for a short time) were charged before the PA's. Now the big question is do both weapons do enough damage. It seems that the Boots might be a little bit stronger then the Daul-Sabers by just looking, but who real knows except Sega.

@Kondibon - That's the thing that bugs me tho. "IF" BO did have access to support techs then the designer would of said BO/BR or BO/HU is the best. It could be that the PA's are Fix'd with certain basic level supports then.

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2014, 07:47 PM
Long time assist is TE main class only... :\Hence why the designer said TE/BO. Unless the actual distinction between which one was main and which was sub wasn't explained.

Ezodagrom
Jun 15, 2014, 07:50 PM
Hence why the designer said TE/BO. Unless the actual distinction between which one was main and which was sub wasn't explained.
Oh, nevermind, thought your post was about BO/TE (kinda sleepy)... @~@

Hmm, I do wonder if BO will have main class forced skills though... And about going TE/BO, there's the annoyance of having to rely on multi-class weapons...

musicmf
Jun 15, 2014, 07:51 PM
- Level all classes to 30, just in case it has a prereq to unlock (Not likely, but still)
- Stock up on 12 Large XQ stones each. 6 for Dual Blades, 6 for Jet Boots. Gotta get those Bio weapons day 1!
- Stock up on Grinders, Meseta, Grind Protects, and Photon Spheres. Then get ready to fight Ep3's Dudu boss.
- Stock up on all of Kressidia/Franka items, so your ready to accept quest > turn in.
- Fill the rest of your slots with high exp reward (or non-scaling reward) client orders. All but 1 slot (So you can access Kressidia/Franka with that slot; unless you have a non-scaling order that you can turn in first) These COs will probably be a combination of Girard's Rare COs, Han's SH COs, and Faina's Daily COs.
- Max out (a possible of) HU/FI/FO/TE/BR for subclasses for BO, with appropriate Sub-class skill trees
- Build up mags for BO, S-ATK / T-ATK most likely.
- Get unit sets that increase S-ATK / T-ATK for your BO.
- Stock up on EXP/Tri Boosters to make sure your always getting bonus exp.
- Get friends ready to play with you when server goes up to get party bonus exp.
- Play when server goes up for peak times for large MPAs before the fad dies down.

I might have missed things you can do if you really wanted to race to be the first level 70 Bouncer... but those are probably good things to start you off with.

edit: "IF" we ever get a second Sub-Class add-on I think a HU/TE/BO could be fun to try out.

Isn't there a bronze "class" marker in the data mined icons?
A placeholder for a possible second subclass? (Or just making a bronze icon cause they already made Gold/silver, and it isn't too much work)

As broken as it can make things, I would enjoy a 2nd subclass!

Gardios
Jun 15, 2014, 07:55 PM
Last time I checked there was only a placeholder icon for a new class (=Bouncer)...

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2014, 07:56 PM
Oh, nevermind, thought your post was about BO/TE (kinda sleepy)... @~@

Hmm, I do wonder if BO will have main class forced skills though... And about going TE/BO, there's the annoyance of having to rely on multi-class weapons...Honestly I screwed up anyway. I meant techer has access to those things, which would work well on Bouncer... in theory.

Omega-z
Jun 15, 2014, 07:56 PM
@musicmf - I believe Sega said they won't do any more prereq to unlock classes But I could be wrong tho.

Edit: yeah that Bronze Sub-class icon was there in the start but has been removed ....but who knows they may bring it back.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jun 15, 2014, 09:21 PM
Ooh, am I the only one having flashbacks to Howzer's boss battle? He basically kicked you a lot and casted spells while floating.

LonelyGaruga
Jun 15, 2014, 09:26 PM
Another thing I notice in the video is that you cast Techs and PA's separate but the supports are Auto-Casted by Fix'd or Assigned to the PA which you can do without the PA too (IF your a TE or FO...maybec).

There is absolutely no reason for Bouncer to be able to use all types of offensive techs, but not be able to use support techs without using their PAs. Bouncer has to be able to use support techs normally, it just isn't as interesting as using PAs to do it, and would naturally be excluded from the trailers.

The Boots seem to have a faster charge rate making them fast at casting which makes them seem like there's an atk-type Tech going off at times with PA's. But If you notice Il-Foie (Double-jumped and held in the air) and Megid (walking on the ground for a short time) were charged before the PA's.

Maybe if you have sight problems...it's pretty obvious that isn't what's going on. Good catch that they charge more quickly though. Rewatching the Episode 3 trailer, Barta appears to have a halved charge time. The class trailer also seems to indicate that all of the other basic techs are charging faster than they normally do. Obviously, this wouldn't be a property innate to basic techs, but all techs in general. It's not really clear whether this is an innate property of the Jet Boots, or a skill tied to Bouncer, but I'd expect it to be the latter. Fo/Bo might be a thing if it's a Bouncer skill, otherwise they can just use some Force equippable Jet Boots and only lose out on PAs that they'd never use in the first place.

One thing's for sure though: Those techs are definitely charging about twice as fast as typical. Whether it's the Jet Boots or a Bouncer skill, that alone will make Bouncer stand out as its own class, at least when it comes to tech usage.

That's the thing that bugs me tho. "IF" BO did have access to support techs then the designer would of said BO/BR or BO/HU is the best. It could be that the PA's are Fix'd with certain basic level supports then.

You are assuming Sega knows and understands how the player base identifies good and bad class combinations. This is a terrible assumption to make, to say the least. Even if Te/Bo is viable, it's not going to be the best. Hunter, Fighter, Force, and Braver are all potentially viable as a sub for this class, offering a variety of benefits that Techer never could, and that's considering Jet Boots, not both weapons (though, I would expect Hunter to definitely be the best subclass for Dual Blade usage, given how it stands as a sub currently). I expect Te/Bo to be worse than Bo/Te, simply for poorer selection of Jet Boots. It doesn't matter what personal class skill might be attached to Bouncer, Long Time Assist will not make Te/Bo better than Bo/Te.

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2014, 09:37 PM
For future refrence you do see one of them cast shifta normally. It's near the beginning after the male Bouncer switches to the boots.

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 15, 2014, 09:58 PM
You are assuming Sega knows and understands how the player base identifies good and bad class combinations. This is a terrible assumption to make, to say the least. Even if Te/Bo is viable, it's not going to be the best. Hunter, Fighter, Force, and Braver are all potentially viable as a sub for this class, offering a variety of benefits that Techer never could, and that's considering Jet Boots, not both weapons (though, I would expect Hunter to definitely be the best subclass for Dual Blade usage, given how it stands as a sub currently). I expect Te/Bo to be worse than Bo/Te, simply for poorer selection of Jet Boots. It doesn't matter what personal class skill might be attached to Bouncer, Long Time Assist will not make Te/Bo better than Bo/Te.

very true, just look at how Hunter is a better sub for gunner than ranger is.
i'm just hoping that this class will become just like braver where s-atk is the primary attack stat used and having a fury hunter sub is the best. I'd hate to have a class where your damage will all be based on puny shifta boosts that last less than seconds. thats why gu/ranger < gu/hu for its lack fo consistency in power.
I'd even leap in joy if braver becomes the best subclass for bo :wink:

Z-0
Jun 15, 2014, 09:59 PM
^ This post obviously shows that this guy has no idea how other classes work at all.

Nothing relys on puny shifta boosts...

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 15, 2014, 10:01 PM
shifta boosts barely do shit

GoldenFalcon
Jun 15, 2014, 10:03 PM
I wish Shifta had a customize for +60% power like Resta

Renvalt
Jun 15, 2014, 10:06 PM
I think people forgot to remember that they're planning balance adjustments for EVERY class once Bouncer comes out.

I mean, SEGA may be stupid, but they're not that stupid to leave things as they are right now and release Bouncer. That would just make everything else worthless.

A smart man revamps everything else AND releases the new class. Though watch everyone think this is gonna be tied to Techer and then it ends up being Braver's advanced class.

Heads are gonna roll.

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 15, 2014, 10:07 PM
^ This post obviously shows that this guy has no idea how other classes work at all.

Nothing relys on puny shifta boosts...

te and force is boring imo. i dont play them. the end.

i like to be near my enemies all the time. it provides more thrill. In fact my favorite weapons in this game at the moment are double sabers and knuckles (until meteor first came out).

Xaelouse
Jun 15, 2014, 10:07 PM
speaking of shifta, wouldn't this class be great if one of its skills made shifta boost on yourself not-so-puny anymore?
Just another jab at techer

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 15, 2014, 10:09 PM
\
Though watch everyone think this is gonna be tied to Techer and then it ends up being Braver's advanced class.

Heads are gonna roll.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BO/BR COMBO YES

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2014, 10:13 PM
Depending on how the elemental kicks work weak stance might be good for them I guess.

Rien
Jun 15, 2014, 10:14 PM
I think people forgot to remember that they're planning balance adjustments for EVERY class once Bouncer comes out.

I mean, SEGA may be stupid, but they're not that stupid to leave things as they are right now and release Bouncer. That would just make everything else worthless.

A smart man revamps everything else AND releases the new class. Though watch everyone think this is gonna be tied to Techer and then it ends up being Braver's advanced class.

Heads are gonna roll.

They said in the live broadcast

"We're in the middle of doing balance changes anyway so Bouncer will already be in the equation when it's released"

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 15, 2014, 10:14 PM
Depending on how the elemental kicks work weak stance might be good for them I guess.

the thought of getting another skill tree for braver is really killing me.

i really hope this new class isnt just a way for sega to roll in more money

LonelyGaruga
Jun 15, 2014, 11:18 PM
very true, just look at how Hunter is a better sub for gunner than ranger is.

Gu/Ra has Weak Bullet, and, along with Br/Ra, is one of the two main viable class combinations to use Ranger as a sub. Hunter sub is not "better". It offers more damage, but it lacks Weak Bullet and Killing Bonus (the former obviously being the bigger of the two). Simply saying Hunter is a better subclass is nothing short of ignorant.

i'm just hoping that this class will become just like braver where s-atk is the primary attack stat used and having a fury hunter sub is the best.

Two things here. First, Hunter isn't a good sub for S-ATK based damage. It's a good sub for S-ATK based multipliers. There's a difference. Right now, Techer is the only thing that actually takes advantage of this, with Wand Gear benefiting from Fury Stance (but not JA bonuses due to its own gimmicky properties), but the Jet Boots will also benefit from everything Hunter has to offer. Hunter will be a viable sub for Bouncer regardless of whether S-ATK or T-ATK is the primary stat to use, because the Jet Boots use T-ATK based damage that work off S-ATK multipliers.

Second, if you really believe Bullet Bows are useless on Bravers, you're a bad Braver player. Even a pure S-ATK Katana Braver should use Bullet Bows, because they offer useful properties that Katana can't cover properly. The stream of the Grand Prix even showcased some of this, so if you were watching that, it's impossible for you to not know this, unless it flew over your head. A pure S-ATK mag might be the easiest route to go, but that doesn't make it the best. It's more complicated than that.

I'd hate to have a class where your damage will all be based on puny shifta boosts that last less than seconds.

Not one class in the game is like that. Not one class ever has been. Not one class ever will be. Your ignorance about other classes is so glaringly obvious from this one remark that I am going to recommend you put aside whatever irrational dislike you have of other classes and actually learn how those classes play. It's extremely clear you are clueless about other classes and have only the slightest resemblance of a basic idea of how they play. You clearly don't understand mid level play, let alone high level play, of any of the classes in the game. It would be a good idea to rectify this.

thats why gu/ranger < gu/hu for its lack fo consistency in power.

Gu/Ra > Gu/Hu because it has Weak Bullet.

I can make nonsensical, narrow-minded assessments of classes too!

I'd even leap in joy if braver becomes the best subclass for bo :wink:

Admirable.

Though watch everyone think this is gonna be tied to Techer and then it ends up being Braver's advanced class.

The only thing Techer and Bouncer have in common is having an emphasis on the same offensive stats. There's zero reason to believe Bouncer is an advanced class for Techer, because Techer is already an advanced class. Techer is just a failed attempt at making a tech class that was more melee centric, whereas Bouncer is clearly being designed to be a S-ATK/T-ATK hybrid from the very start. It would take a thoughtless imbecile to genuinely believe there's a relation between Techer and Bouncer. As for the Braver advance class, what makes you think it has anything in common with Braver? This is pretty obviously a fifth starting class if you ask me. If it was an advanced class, it would follow Braver being a S-ATK/R-ATK hybrid. Fighter, Gunner, and Techer are all just small twists of the original concept of the class they're tied to. Fighter has more of an emphasis on single target combat, to contrast Hunter's wide range for combating multiple enemies at once, whereas Gunner and Techer are both more suited for close range combat, to contrast the emphasis on longer ranged combat that Ranger and Force have.

Obviously, these aren't absolutes, but generalizations, and while Techer is closer to a hybrid than a pure tech class, there's a big difference between how it goes about doing its hybrid work compared to Bouncer. Wands really are just Rods with more emphasis on S-ATK and a different attack/casting animation, and Rods are just Partisans with worse modifiers and a lack of PAs, when it comes to physical attacks. Wands were never really intended to be an actual hybrid at the start, but that's what they became when it was clear that they were completely inferior to Rods otherwise. The Jet Boots use T-ATK damage exclusively, whether it be off Striking or Tech modifiers, while wands use both S-ATK and T-ATK, even if the former is only present for the basic wand melee. Bouncer can completely ignore S-ATK for the Jet Boots, Techer is just a Force with better S-ATK, and was morphed into a hybrid when it became clear that it was completely inferior otherwise. The buffed version of Wand Lovers is really what makes it clear that wands were never intended to be proper hybrid weapons. If they were intended to be that way, Wand Lovers would have been like that from the start. The lack of Step and Step Attack, the loss of PP usage, the lack of an S-ATK bonus, all of that makes it incredibly clear that Wands really were just Rods with better striking prowess and worse T-ATK to compensate.

Comparing Techer, which became a hybrid when it was intended to be like Force, but better suited for close range, with Bouncer, which is intended to be a hybrid from the start, is completely unfair. And it's foolish to assume that Bouncer is Braver's advanced class. Braver and Bouncer are completely different classes that don't even complement each other's designs, like the other advanced classes do with the base classes, regardless of their success. There is no reason to believe Bouncer is anything but a fifth base class.

i like to be near my enemies all the time.

This is what makes your ignorance even less acceptable. Neither Force nor Techer are strictly ranged classes. They're both ranged and close range classes at the same time. Not only are many techs designed to be used specifically at close range, it's completely necessary for both classes to be close to enemies at least some of the time. Techer prefers it that way, and is better played a melee class or a hybrid melee/tech class than it is to play it strictly for techs. For you to say that you dislike Force and Techer solely because of their ranges covered when they do regularly play in close range is unabashedly stupid, and to use that as a justification is just as stupid. I don't like guns, but I keep track of R-ATK based classes anyway because it's useful to know how every class plays, regardless of whether I'll ever play them or not. Knowledge is power and all that. To deliberately choose to be ignorant, as you have done with classes you claim to dislike with your asinine reasoning, is nothing more than a mark of a bad player. If you want to keep doing as you do, then that's your decision, but don't ever expect anyone to find your opinion useful.

GoldenFalcon
Jun 15, 2014, 11:22 PM
All I care about is that they are saving slicer for the next advanced class in the hybrid trinity of classes that begin with B

don't let me down sega

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2014, 11:24 PM
All I care about is that they are saving slicer for the next advanced class in the hybrid trinity of classes that begin with B

don't let me down sega
I imagine that if they continue this pattern then the next class will be a ranged/tech hybrid, so slicer makes a lot of sense...

GoldenFalcon
Jun 15, 2014, 11:27 PM
I imagine that if they continue this pattern then the next class will be a ranged/tech hybrid, so slicer makes a lot of sense...

I can't think of a name that begins with B though

not to mention, who knows if slicer will be the ranged weapon or the magic hybrid >_>

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2014, 11:28 PM

Blaster.

LonelyGaruga
Jun 15, 2014, 11:42 PM

I'm expecting this as well. Looking at the classes right now, the game began with three classes that specialized in a single ATK type. Then the supplemental classes followed the trend of specializing in a single ATK type (with Techer gaining S-ATK later on, but never really being a real hybrid). Then Braver and Bouncer come along, representing hybrids of S-ATK/R-ATK and S-ATK/T-ATK. We have two classes specializing in S-ATK, R-ATK, and T-ATK, one class specializing in S-ATK and R-ATK, and one class specializing in S-ATK and T-ATK. With this pattern, I believe that Sega will implement an R-ATK and T-ATK class next, and then add supplemental classes after implementing the three base hybrid classes, so that there will be two classes of both the single type specializations and the hybrid specializations. In other words, I expect it to be like this:

S-ATK: Hunter, Fighter
R-ATK: Ranger, Gunner
T-ATK: Force, Techer
S-ATK/R-ATK: Braver, Braver's supplemental class
S-ATK/T-ATK: Bouncer, Bouncer's supplemental class
R-ATK/T-ATK: Speculated class, speculated class' supplemental class

They might end up doing something entirely different after the implementation of an R-ATK/T-ATK hybrid, though. Dunno. But I would be confident that such a hybrid will be the next class to be implemented.

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 15, 2014, 11:59 PM
Gu/Ra has Weak Bullet, and, along with Br/Ra, is one of the two main viable class combinations to use Ranger as a sub. Hunter sub is not "better". It offers more damage, but it lacks Weak Bullet and Killing Bonus (the former obviously being the bigger of the two). Simply saying Hunter is a better subclass is nothing short of ignorant.

Two things here. First, Hunter isn't a good sub for S-ATK based damage. It's a good sub for S-ATK based multipliers. There's a difference. Right now, Techer is the only thing that actually takes advantage of this, with Wand Gear benefiting from Fury Stance (but not JA bonuses due to its own gimmicky properties), but the Jet Boots will also benefit from everything Hunter has to offer. Hunter will be a viable sub for Bouncer regardless of whether S-ATK or T-ATK is the primary stat to use, because the Jet Boots use T-ATK based damage that work off S-ATK multipliers.

Second, if you really believe Bullet Bows are useless on Bravers, you're a bad Braver player. Even a pure S-ATK Katana Braver should use Bullet Bows, because they offer useful properties that Katana can't cover properly. The stream of the Grand Prix even showcased some of this, so if you were watching that, it's impossible for you to not know this, unless it flew over your head. A pure S-ATK mag might be the easiest route to go, but that doesn't make it the best. It's more complicated than that.

Not one class in the game is like that. Not one class ever has been. Not one class ever will be. Your ignorance about other classes is so glaringly obvious from this one remark that I am going to recommend you put aside whatever irrational dislike you have of other classes and actually learn how those classes play. It's extremely clear you are clueless about other classes and have only the slightest resemblance of a basic idea of how they play. You clearly don't understand mid level play, let alone high level play, of any of the classes in the game. It would be a good idea to rectify this.

Gu/Ra > Gu/Hu because it has Weak Bullet.

I can make nonsensical, narrow-minded assessments of classes too!

Admirable.

The only thing Techer and Bouncer have in common is having an emphasis on the same offensive stats. There's zero reason to believe Bouncer is an advanced class for Techer, because Techer is already an advanced class. Techer is just a failed attempt at making a tech class that was more melee centric, whereas Bouncer is clearly being designed to be a S-ATK/T-ATK hybrid from the very start. It would take a thoughtless imbecile to genuinely believe there's a relation between Techer and Bouncer. As for the Braver advance class, what makes you think it has anything in common with Braver? This is pretty obviously a fifth starting class if you ask me. If it was an advanced class, it would follow Braver being a S-ATK/R-ATK hybrid. Fighter, Gunner, and Techer are all just small twists of the original concept of the class they're tied to. Fighter has more of an emphasis on single target combat, to contrast Hunter's wide range for combating multiple enemies at once, whereas Gunner and Techer are both more suited for close range combat, to contrast the emphasis on longer ranged combat that Ranger and Force have.

Obviously, these aren't absolutes, but generalizations, and while Techer is closer to a hybrid than a pure tech class, there's a big difference between how it goes about doing its hybrid work compared to Bouncer. Wands really are just Rods with more emphasis on S-ATK and a different attack/casting animation, and Rods are just Partisans with worse modifiers and a lack of PAs, when it comes to physical attacks. Wands were never really intended to be an actual hybrid at the start, but that's what they became when it was clear that they were completely inferior to Rods otherwise. The Jet Boots use T-ATK damage exclusively, whether it be off Striking or Tech modifiers, while wands use both S-ATK and T-ATK, even if the former is only present for the basic wand melee. Bouncer can completely ignore S-ATK for the Jet Boots, Techer is just a Force with better S-ATK, and was morphed into a hybrid when it became clear that it was completely inferior otherwise. The buffed version of Wand Lovers is really what makes it clear that wands were never intended to be proper hybrid weapons. If they were intended to be that way, Wand Lovers would have been like that from the start. The lack of Step and Step Attack, the loss of PP usage, the lack of an S-ATK bonus, all of that makes it incredibly clear that Wands really were just Rods with better striking prowess and worse T-ATK to compensate.

Comparing Techer, which became a hybrid when it was intended to be like Force, but better suited for close range, with Bouncer, which is intended to be a hybrid from the start, is completely unfair. And it's foolish to assume that Bouncer is Braver's advanced class. Braver and Bouncer are completely different classes that don't even complement each other's designs, like the other advanced classes do with the base classes, regardless of their success. There is no reason to believe Bouncer is anything but a fifth base class.

This is what makes your ignorance even less acceptable. Neither Force nor Techer are strictly ranged classes. They're both ranged and close range classes at the same time. Not only are many techs designed to be used specifically at close range, it's completely necessary for both classes to be close to enemies at least some of the time. Techer prefers it that way, and is better played a melee class or a hybrid melee/tech class than it is to play it strictly for techs. For you to say that you dislike Force and Techer solely because of their ranges covered when they do regularly play in close range is unabashedly stupid, and to use that as a justification is just as stupid. I don't like guns, but I keep track of R-ATK based classes anyway because it's useful to know how every class plays, regardless of whether I'll ever play them or not. Knowledge is power and all that. To deliberately choose to be ignorant, as you have done with classes you claim to dislike with your asinine reasoning, is nothing more than a mark of a bad player. If you want to keep doing as you do, then that's your decision, but don't ever expect anyone to find your opinion useful.

Wow ... Long post... With a lot of internet flaming and bashing going on...
Worth my time to read? No.
It's a game calm down. If it makes you feel better though, you officially know more about detailed video game mechanics than I do! Now go home and tell your mom that and we'll see how less "ignorant/stupid" you've become.

Skyly HUmar
Jun 16, 2014, 12:04 AM
That bouncer class looks fun as hell lol. Even if it turns out to be utter garbage it reminds me alot of old pso where you could cast techs out of a melee weapon to buff yourself, heal and whatnot rather than using a wand for smacking things. This class alone almost makes me want to re-download the entire 20+gig game.... almost. If I do end up giving the game a second chance I know what class I'm playing as good or not lol.

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 16, 2014, 12:09 AM
That bouncer class looks fun as hell lol. Even if it turns out to be utter garbage it reminds me alot of old pso where you could cast techs out of a melee weapon to buff yourself, heal and whatnot rather than using a wand for smacking things. This class alone almost makes me want to re-download the entire 20+gig game.... almost. If I do end up giving the game a second chance I know what class I'm playing as good or not lol.

Was that 20 gigs really worth uninstalling? I have a lot of friends who have downloaded the game but barely log on; however uninstalling seems pretty drastic if you still hang around here lol...

It is going to be fun, sega just made a really unique class/weapon that has never really been seen before, or rarely seen in other video games. I'm not really a gamer, So I wouldn't know the details but rollerblade weapons? That's just amazing.

cheapgunner
Jun 16, 2014, 12:12 AM

Sound nice. Would be kinda cool to have a rifle or ranged wep for that class that allows you to shoot technics out when using pa's instead.

not to mention, who knows if slicer will be the ranged weapon or the magic hybrid >_>

Probably shoots projectiles out that count as r-atk damage but the pa's are actually technics that count as t-atk.

lunarsoul
Jun 16, 2014, 12:17 AM
Im going pure classes from now on, so I guess my new Character will be Braver/Bouncer to complete the set. Sigh.. I gotta max out my other chars first -_- I went pure and hybrid for all of them but its too much work and I dont want any overlap, I want each to have a distinct fighting style and abilities. Not the highest damage output but its all about styles and covering all the bases at this point.

Kondibon
Jun 16, 2014, 12:21 AM
Im going pure classes from now on, so I guess my new Character will be Braver/Bouncer to complete the set. Sigh.. I gotta max out my other chars first -_-They're both hybrid classes though...

Skyly HUmar
Jun 16, 2014, 12:22 AM
Was that 20 gigs really worth uninstalling? I have a lot of friends who have downloaded the game but barely log on; however uninstalling seems pretty drastic if you still hang around here lol...

It is going to be fun, sega just made a really unique class/weapon that has never really been seen before, or rarely seen in other video games. I'm not really a gamer, So I wouldn't know the details but rollerblade weapons? That's just amazing.

It actually uninstalled pretty quickly ;p. And i did add everyone on skype before i left for good. And no matter how much i disliked this game while i played it, it's still my favorite series so it's not like i can drop it completely lol. I still like to keep up with the game though, I can watch what sega is doing and maybe one day it will be to the point where my stupid inner fanboy caves and gets back into it. It may take a bit though, when i quit i remember thinking "PSO2 has enough problems to fill in it's own pokedex".

And it looks like it's going to be a blast lol. It's a class that looks like it's right up my alley and i gotta give sega props for how everything looks so far. The PP absorbing that dual blades come with may give into a new trend to build just attack again and regain PP as you use PAs. The rocket shoes look like a throwback to pso1 with a very good looking style of buffing/healing/teching as you attack, plus the added concept of constant flight looks insane.

Definite props to sega on this one.

Kondibon
Jun 16, 2014, 12:26 AM
I'm actually wondering how the pp absorbing thing will work. You already get pp back from attacking, techer/gunner already have pp retore rate skills and enemies don't have pp as far as I know so it's not like it could affect them. Maybe it has to do with how those photon blade stick in enemies.

Skyly HUmar
Jun 16, 2014, 12:31 AM
I'm actually wondering how the pp absorbing thing will work. You already get pp back from attacking, techer/gunner already have pp retore rate skills and enemies don't have pp as far as I know so it's not like it could affect them. Maybe it has to do with how those photon blade stick in enemies.

bumped sais that the photon blades stab enemies and absorb PP, the idea is that the more precise you can target an enemy with them, the more PP you will get back while you use PAs rather than gaining pp back just by using normal attacks.

lunarsoul
Jun 16, 2014, 12:31 AM
They're both hybrid classes though...

It does seem that way, I dont think they even mesh well together compared to the other pure classes. Oh well, hes just going to be a freak then :-P Unless we get Triple Classes soon, then its something to think about.

LonelyGaruga
Jun 16, 2014, 12:44 AM
Wow ... Long post... With a lot of internet flaming and bashing going on...
Worth my time to read? No.

Evidently, you aren't lying when you say you didn't read it, or simply failed to comprehend it. No wonder most people settle for making fun of you. I wrote all of that because I had wrongly assumed you would read, understand, and reassess your values and behavior. That was my mistake. I think I will settle with making fun of your ignorant posts instead of explaining why you're wrong and what can be done to learn more about the game and enrich your experience as a player. Oh well, I tried.

It does seem that way, I dont think they even mesh well together compared to the other pure classes.

What do you mean by this? Like Hunter/Fighter, Ranger/Gunner, Force/Techer? If that's the case, Bouncer is not the Fighter to Braver's Hunter. Bouncer is its own base class, distinct from the others. They're completely unrelated.

KuroKanden
Jun 16, 2014, 12:45 AM
With the upcoming introduction of unit latents and with the existing Conversion latents, we might be able to get a viable hybrid class for once.

Kondibon
Jun 16, 2014, 12:57 AM
With the upcoming introduction of unit latents and with the existing Conversion latents, we might be able to get a viable hybrid class for once.Unit latents?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found it. Bumped says they're time limited though. I hope there's no rng involved too...

Renvalt
Jun 16, 2014, 01:05 AM

I went a step further. I deleted both of my characters and got rid of my Crouch Repca in a way that ensured I'd never get it back.

While I do regret this somewhat, it ensured that if I ever do come back, I can focus on not blowing all my meseta on fashion (and I never was rich to begin with, which is why all of Arksenth's comments about how "poor people should suffer" comes off as a personal attack, even if he doesn't mean it).

But if those Bouncer outfits are selectable at the start, I may actually decide to wait until Ep3's release to bother returning (I was debating it originally, but those outfits and/or Bouncer being selectable from the get go will be the deciding factor).

Skyly HUmar
Jun 16, 2014, 01:08 AM
I went a step further. I deleted both of my characters and got rid of my Crouch Repca in a way that ensured I'd never get it back.

While I do regret this somewhat, it ensured that if I ever do come back, I can focus on not blowing all my meseta on fashion (and I never was rich to begin with, which is why all of Arksenth's comments about how "poor people should suffer" comes off as a personal attack, even if he doesn't mean it).

But if those Bouncer outfits are selectable at the start, I may actually decide to wait until Ep3's release to bother returning (I was debating it originally, but those outfits and/or Bouncer being selectable from the get go will be the deciding factor).

If I do come back I'll definitely want to try your challenge on SH lol. It will be a blast to try that on my time.

Kikikiki
Jun 16, 2014, 01:09 AM
Evidently, you aren't lying when you say you didn't read it, or simply failed to comprehend it. No wonder most people settle for making fun of you. I wrote all of that because I had wrongly assumed you would read, understand, and reassess your values and behavior. That was my mistake. I think I will settle with making fun of your ignorant posts instead of explaining why you're wrong and what can be done to learn more about the game and enrich your experience as a player. Oh well, I tried.

Good thing more people are coming to this recognition.

Unit latents?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found it. Bumped says they're time limited though. I hope there's no rng involved too...

Time-limited potentials sound bullshit for me. Is it even worth the 7-day or 14-day duration just for the hassle of dumping the potential on?

And assuming it belonging to the crafting system meaning that it would lock the units after crafting, I think it's just a mandatory option for low-end units to become more viable, for a short amount of time.

This is likely to be the case, c=because I think they always showcase default outfits for its own class. I honestly never thought that the Braver's outfit would be a default option at first, but it was.

Kondibon
Jun 16, 2014, 01:13 AM
Time-limited potentials sound bullshit for me. Is it even worth the 7-day or 14-day duration just for the hassle of dumping the potential on?

And assuming it belonging to the crafting system meaning that it would lock the units after crafting, I think it's just a mandatory option for low-end units to become more viable, for a short amount of time.It depends on what they do and how much they cost. If it's a PA disk shard and 10-50k for something about equal to a soul affix that's fine. But if it's like 100k per unit and you just get a random effect where at worst you can get +10 hp and at best something stupidly ridiculous like +100 to every attack, and Sega makes it so the only way to have a remotely reasonable chance at the good ones is some cash shop item, then no, it wouldn't be worth it.

Renvalt
Jun 16, 2014, 01:23 AM
If I do come back I'll definitely want to try your challenge on SH lol. It will be a blast to try that on my time.

Eh? What challenge? I don't ever recall making any challenge.

If I did.... well, sorry for forgetting.

WildarmsRE5
Jun 16, 2014, 01:38 AM

mine got ignored. I dug this up.

Braver Defining Feature (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219122)

If the guy WOULD just play other classes to UNDERSTAND "other classes"

. . .
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/WZ3eRQt.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

THRINE4
Jun 16, 2014, 02:06 AM
I'm getting this feeling that a number of people will in the end just forget about the techs, go Hu/Bo with Jet Boots, kick kick kick kick kick kick pure S-Atk style.

Rien
Jun 16, 2014, 02:09 AM
Since you can autocast Zanverse/Megiverse and probably even Zondeel, Jet Boots will probably be a decent AOE option.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 16, 2014, 02:20 AM
So...casting Foie from my feet....*Spin kick, fireball. Spin kick, fireball. Spin kick, fireball*

Preparing for Bouncer? Figuring out which character to use it with.

Don't really feel like making a new character for this, even if I have been thinking about making a dark skinned female.

*awaits Cyron's comment*

Sp-24
Jun 16, 2014, 02:25 AM
It depends on what they do and how much they cost. If it's a PA disk shard and 10-50k for something about equal to a soul affix that's fine. But if it's like 100k per unit and you just get a random effect where at worst you can get +10 hp and at best something stupidly ridiculous like +100 to every attack, and Sega makes it so the only way to have a remotely reasonable chance at the good ones is some cash shop item, then no, it wouldn't be worth it.
From what I gathered, it only costs 10k meseta, but it also uses up Airo- unit parts, which, I suppose, makes crafting mandatory for the efficient competitive players.

And, while it doesn't use any PA fragments (thankfully), you will need "Data" items that will undoubtedly pile up in a non-premium storage within days of their introduction. Also, if I'm reading this right, those data items are planet-specific, so your S-ATK +20 latent will only work on Amduscia and nowhere else.

I think there is also a new Maker item associated with this, so you can bet there is RNG involved.

Sanguine2009
Jun 16, 2014, 02:27 AM
From what I gathered, it only costs 10k meseta, but it also uses up Airo- unit parts, which, I suppose, makes crafting mandatory for the efficient competitive players.

And, while it doesn't use any PA fragments (thankfully), you will need "Data" items that will undoubtedly pile up in a non-premium storage within days of their introduction. Also, if I'm reading this right, those data items are planet-specific, so your S-ATK +20 latent will only work on Amduscia and nowhere else.

I think there is also a new Maker item associated with this, so you can bet there is RNG involved.

that... sounds horrific

Chdata
Jun 16, 2014, 03:04 AM
internet fite replying to garagula and infinite l o l move on if you wish

[SPOILER-BOX]
Gu/Hu vs Gu/Ra, Gu/Hu is better

No, Gu/Ra vs Gu/Hu, Gu/Ra is better

Erm no you're both being inaccurate by making these statements, whether or not one is better than the other is dependent on your party's class combinations.

If you're all Gu/Ra, at least 3 of you are being inefficient for no good reason.

If you're all Gu/Hu, either 1 of you is being inefficient or you can say everyone is because nobody is take initiative.

I hope this is sarcasm from you, garagula.

i'm just hoping that this class will become just like braver where s-atk is the primary attack stat used and having a fury hunter sub is the best.

Hunter isn't a good sub for S-ATK based damage. It's a good sub for S-ATK based multipliers.

Because it is a good sub for S-atk multipliers, it is good for S-atk based damage. Just not pure S-atk. The rest of this paragraph does make sense though.

Bullet Bow

Aside from using it to oneshot some bosses in TA via final nemesis and hitting switches, is there anything in particular it can do that partizan can't?

Just curious.

Also, he never denied that bullet bow is important, per se. Are not katanas what you primarily use as a Braver, despite using bow for a few occasional things?

Not to mention, BrRa vs BrHu is similar to GuRa vs GuHu. Only one of you needs to have the RA sub (except in situations like TD). A BrHu's bow is on average more powerful than BrRa.

Not one class ever will be. Your ignorance ... glaringly obvious ... irrational dislike ... you are clueless about other classes and have only the slightest resemblance of a basic idea of how they play. You clearly don't understand ... any of the classes in the game.

Jeez, even when I'm mad at people I don't make a huge paragraph repeatedly telling them they're ignorant and clueless. (Though I occasionally do mention it once or twice).

What if bouncer has a shifta skill that makes it increase damage by a whole 20% damage? Many people would say you can't ignore that.

Just because no class has been like or advocated that, doesn't mean something like this could happen. Unless you are clairvoyant?

zero reason to believe Bouncer is an advanced class for Techer

tl;dr version: Bouncer isn't going to be a subclass unlocked by techer if SEGA follows their current class + subclass theme. It'd be unlocked by Braver.

Though, the devs did say TeBo should pair together well, and I don't see at all how Braver would synergize with Bouncer based on existing knowledge. If they followed their current classing paradigm though, Bouncer would be unlocked by braver.

Worst case scenario... tribrid....

It would take a thoughtless imbecile to genuinely believe there's a relation between Techer and Bouncer.

I've written posts this large before, but on a science religion philosophy and politics where it wasn't unusual and about more interesting concepts than... flaming people based on your own subjective views of what is thoughtless or common sense.

It would take a thoughtless imbecile to completely ignore

1. The devs even suggested the pair
2. Techer and bouncer share this in common: Melee, Magic, support tech gimmicks

Note: Class synergy has nothing to do with whether or not bouncer will be an advanced class or another starting class.

As for the Braver advance class,

At this point we are simply unknowledgeable of SEGA's intentions or modus of operation.

I think it is possible that it'll be a fifth class. Perhaps SEGA intends to release a 3rd additional starting class, leaving us with 3 classes that lack advanced classes.

Now THAT would be VERY interesting...

there's a big difference between how it goes about doing its hybrid work compared to Bouncer.

Or perhaps not, you seem to be very knowledgeable of how it will play out from just one video.

omg that is like, so unfair man!!!!!!

It doesn't matter what SEGA wanted techer to be at first. It matters what they recognize it as now. Haven't they recognized it as a hybrid by now? I mean look at the change to wand lovers. It doesn't drain PP now. Though it doesn't make sense that it'd receive a second subclass. A bunch of people seem to hope it will synergize with FI too.

i like to be near my enemies all the time.

This is what makes your ignorance even less acceptable.

Not that I'm any better, but LOL, talk about "acceptable social interaction".

For starters, it's not as if he is saying that force or techer are strictly meant to be played at any specific distance.

TBH, the only thing wrong with wanting to be close up all the time is that it's not efficient in TA (and seriously, TAers overhype it to the people they know just don't share as enthusiastic of an interest) and not efficient when you're surrounded by ranged classes who kill things way faster than you because you always have to take the time to get to stuff.[/SPOILER-BOX]

redroses
Jun 16, 2014, 03:31 AM
I just noticed something in the bouncer video, when the male bouncer casts shifta, it only ticks one time even though the character is long in the circle.
Could this be a hint that they removed ticks from buffs, or maybe it's a bouncer skill? If it would be the former, that would be a dream come true, but I can see it being a bouncer skill seeing how the jet boots make you jump around a lot and out of the buff ring very fast.

Edit: Hm, but later on the video the female bouncer gets more ticks again, so maybe the male wasn't long enough the circle to get a second tick, not sure. Awww, was really hoping that they would remove ticks.

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 16, 2014, 06:21 AM
I just noticed how the female bouncer was rolling away sideways after the attacks. Is that new weapon action or part of a pa animation....
:-o

Since rewards for daily order scales proportionally, aren't the rewards affected by what level your character is?
If so, at level 1 how much less exp do you get from the Hans/daily orders?

Kietsu
Jun 16, 2014, 06:47 AM
Just about every CO gives a reduced reward if you're under levelled, but the SH COs have such a high base value that they're still really substantial at low levels.

gaijin_punch
Jun 16, 2014, 07:48 AM
Just about every CO gives a reduced reward if you're under levelled, but the SH COs have such a high base value that they're still really substantial at low levels.

I don't know where the cutoff is, but it's more points to have your target class (Bouncer in this case) sub-classed to get 10% of the full points. I think maybe around 35-40 it's more points, but they are still gimped. I did this recently when raising a class.

So yeah, the big disclaimer should be you can't just make a Level 1 class your main class and get 30k points for each CO.

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 16, 2014, 07:51 AM
I don't know where the cutoff is, but it's more points to have your target class (Bouncer in this case) sub-classed to get 10% of the full points. I think maybe around 35-40 it's more points, but they are still gimped. I did this recently when raising a class.

So yeah, the big disclaimer should be you can't just make a Level 1 class your main class and get 30k points for each CO.

Whatttt??? So it's so gimped that you get more exp from subbing it than if you main it? That's really disappointing... Should I first fast level to level 30 ish then hand in the orders?

Z-0
Jun 16, 2014, 08:01 AM
I just noticed something in the bouncer video, when the male bouncer casts shifta, it only ticks one time even though the character is long in the circle.
Could this be a hint that they removed ticks from buffs, or maybe it's a bouncer skill? If it would be the former, that would be a dream come true, but I can see it being a bouncer skill seeing how the jet boots make you jump around a lot and out of the buff ring very fast.
Really would love for the tick system to be removed. x.x Whoever decided it was a good idea needs to be shot.

gigawuts
Jun 16, 2014, 08:10 AM
Oh god, didn't somebody say Bouncer would combo best with Techer?

What if...

What if that's why? What if they're intentionally prenerfing the buffs that hard to force you to need Techer's skills to make them at all worthwhile?

Oh my god, what if they think Techer's skills makes them worthwhile?

Kilich
Jun 16, 2014, 08:35 AM
Who even cares about buffs. They probably mean PP restorate and PP convert, because Bouncer might be a huge PP sponge.

Vintasticvin
Jun 16, 2014, 08:36 AM
Meh I'll get in on Bouncer hype as well but with another mag or character. They do look cool and also maybe next June Sega will release Shadow's rocket shoes as a weapon camo which would be really cool to see.

Skyly HUmar
Jun 16, 2014, 08:51 AM
Eh? What challenge? I don't ever recall making any challenge.

If I did.... well, sorry for forgetting.

If I recall right it was all immediate bosses, melee only, no damage.

Maenara
Jun 16, 2014, 09:05 AM
Oh god, didn't somebody say Bouncer would combo best with Techer?

What if...

What if that's why? What if they're intentionally prenerfing the buffs that hard to force you to need Techer's skills to make them at all worthwhile?

Oh my god, what if they think Techer's skills makes them worthwhile?

please god no

Stickboy
Jun 16, 2014, 09:16 AM
i've been doing ranged tech hybrid with vibras bow and planned to do the same for brauvint and coat edge d, and they released hybrid class with their own weapons

what have i been wasting my time doing these for

yay for dual blades though, kirito gonn' get raeped. i also have support techer skill tree building up

WildarmsRE5
Jun 16, 2014, 09:59 AM
Kirito ----> Dual Blades ----> SAO Collab ----> Kirito Cosplayers in game ----> start of Kirito Bandwagon. . . again.

yeap, meanwhile. . . I'm just awaiting for Youmu Konpaku Cosplayers in game.

Matsuyoi han shaeisei zan!

BlankM
Jun 16, 2014, 10:21 AM
I can't imagine why they'd like Techer/Bouncer over Force/Bouncer considering they just gave Force element conversion.

SEGA must have something dastardly afoot that will shake people's pockets/skill trees. ;_;

That or they're just delusional and trying to convince people "Hey guys, Techer as a main class isn't really being neglected...really!"

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 16, 2014, 10:42 AM
Kirito ----> Dual Blades ----> SAO Collab ----> Kirito Cosplayers in game ----> start of Kirito Bandwagon. . . again.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140321171404/fantendo/images/d/d8/Office-no.gif

Would rather have tohou than SAO.

Anyway, assuming 'class rebalancing' means they'll adress every class' skill tree and more (specifically Hu's overabundance of multipliers, and Fi's stupidly clunky and punishing stances), I'd see Bo/Fi is the best option for jet skates.

Assuming it is a primarily S atk class that can use techs, I'm expecting (and hoping) there would be an S atk-> Tech damage % convert skill or something (i have a primarily S atk based unit set, and i really don't want to be bothered to make ringa soul/power3/tech3 etc setups to be honest).

Above all else Bo needs some multipliers to both melee and tech. Main reason why melee/ranged+tech hybrids don't work as well as pure anything right now is because no matter what, the player loses a large chunk of damage for support techs, and mediocre melee/range/tech damage, causing at least one of your forms of offense to not be worth using PP on ever. Fo, and Te have no multipliers to anything else but techs. Having access to techs alone generally does not make subbing them to a non-tech-using class worth it.

If they give Bo the right multipliers, adjust Hu's relative strength to other subs, and take some of the annoyance out of brave/wise stance, we could have the first hybrid style that doesn't have such a ridiculous opportunity cost, which would actually make it good in solo play.

Jazneo
Jun 16, 2014, 10:44 AM
bandai has hold of SAO

GoldenFalcon
Jun 16, 2014, 10:55 AM
Speaking of groundbreaking things, Bouncer is probably going to have a skill that is only active as a subclass

gigawuts
Jun 16, 2014, 11:01 AM
Speaking of groundbreaking things, Bouncer is probably going to have a skill that is only active as a subclass

I'm expecting a few things that other classes would be better suited for, like let's say JR Never Give Up, and then one of the few remaining either/or stance gimmicks. In this case I'm heavily expecting Aerial Stance and Ground Stance, probably with Ground Stance being stronger but Aerial Stance being more versatile because everyone can always jump and these weapons look like they're easy to keep in the air for an entire fight.

Vintasticvin
Jun 16, 2014, 11:08 AM

Death to the Kiritos and I'm (im)patienly waiting for the Luka stuff... Maybe I'll run around with my tuna sword to make people rage oh hohohoo *Evil mustache curl*

GoldenFalcon
Jun 16, 2014, 11:14 AM
I'm expecting a few things that other classes would be better suited for, like let's say JR Never Give Up, and then one of the few remaining either/or stance gimmicks. In this case I'm heavily expecting Aerial Stance and Ground Stance, probably with Ground Stance being stronger but Aerial Stance being more versatile because everyone can always jump and these weapons look like they're easy to keep in the air for an entire fight.

air stance eh

Bo/Gu here I come

gigawuts
Jun 16, 2014, 11:39 AM
air stance eh

Bo/Gu here I come

Aerial Stance will only be like 30-40% though so lol

Ground Stance will be 50-60% (with a 10% penalty in the air)

I'm really just expecting Average vs. Wise all over again.

cheapgunner
Jun 16, 2014, 01:53 PM
Bouncer should get a skill to add a third air-jump. And maybe a skill that increases JA damage while in the air. Would be nice.

Chdata
Jun 16, 2014, 08:59 PM
Bouncer should get a skill to add a third air-jump. And maybe a skill that increases JA damage while in the air. Would be nice.

so basically twin daggers

SolRiver
Jun 16, 2014, 09:05 PM
Biggest confusion... why don't they wear knuckle AND jet boot together? Or rather, everyone wear jet boot and whatever hand held weapon they want?

gigawuts
Jun 16, 2014, 09:07 PM
Biggest confusion... why don't they wear knuckle AND jet boot together?

If there is a god, they will allow us to always display our jet boots like a unit.

also, if there is a god there will be a bayonetta crossover, god damn those boots

Chdata
Jun 16, 2014, 09:14 PM
If there is a god, they will allow us to always display our jet boots like a unit.

also, if there is a god there will be a bayonetta crossover, god damn those boots

if there is a god, they'll fix the camo system

gigawuts
Jun 16, 2014, 09:18 PM
if there is a god, they'll fix the camo system

and then release invisible jetboots, so I can run around and kick everything while barefoot

mmmmmmmyiss

sometimes cool jetboots would be nice, but other times i'll just want to stare at the feet

Chdata
Jun 16, 2014, 09:26 PM
Yes, let the sock/feet fetishes commence.

wait wat

gigawuts
Jun 16, 2014, 09:34 PM
Yes, let the sock/feet fetishes commence.

wait wat

I don't know about letting the sock/feet fetishes commence

it's more like letting them continue in a more stylized and officially recognized way

but really a class dedicated to feet is the best thing imo

Kondibon
Jun 16, 2014, 09:38 PM
I wanna be able to run with my weapons out in general. It's not as fun when the character puts it back after like 3 steps. >:

GoldenFalcon
Jun 16, 2014, 09:40 PM
NPC's already can run around with weapons out forever

the jealousy swells

gigawuts
Jun 16, 2014, 09:41 PM
NPC's already can run around with weapons out forever

the jealousy swells

They even get to teleport when they do it

NPCs have all the fun

Kondibon
Jun 16, 2014, 09:42 PM
Unrelated: How long do you think we'll be able to hover while charging techs? Cause that seems like oodles of fun.

Gardios
Jun 16, 2014, 09:48 PM
It better be forever.

Kondibon
Jun 16, 2014, 09:52 PM
It'll sure help with avoiding Ragne's disks.

Gardios
Jun 16, 2014, 10:03 PM
It'll sure help with avoiding Ragne's disks.

Playing partisan helicopter to avoid the discs still seems like more fun though. Because helicopter. :c

GoldenFalcon
Jun 16, 2014, 10:03 PM
Stationary though, right?

I don't recall if they charged anything while moving

Kondibon
Jun 16, 2014, 10:55 PM
They only ever charge techs on the ground except for that one ilfoie so I dunno. :I

It's worth mentioning that they're always like 2 or 3 feet off the ground with the boots. I wonder if that means they can walk over hazards.

Chdata
Jun 16, 2014, 11:46 PM
Jet boots acting like Asbestos / Cleated / Hover Shoes from Megaman Legends 2? is gud deal

Skyly HUmar
Jun 17, 2014, 01:07 AM
Jet boots acting like Asbestos / Cleated / Hover Shoes from Megaman Legends 2? is gud deal

now that you mention that... I can see this class getting canceled.

Rien
Jun 17, 2014, 02:06 AM

I'd skate with Odette all day.

Chdata
Jun 17, 2014, 02:11 AM

Canceled? It's not like being able to jump on lava is going to be a huge impact on gameplay.

Waddya mean?

Kondibon
Jun 17, 2014, 02:18 AM
It was a jab at Megaman Legends 3, which I assume is the one Rien was thinking of.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 17, 2014, 02:27 AM

lol... oh i'm sad now :(

WildarmsRE5
Jun 17, 2014, 02:32 AM
It was a jab at Megaman Legends 3, which I assume is the one Rien was thinking of.pretty much this.

Chdata
Jun 17, 2014, 02:49 AM
That reminds me, I'm sad too.

Achelousaurus
Jun 17, 2014, 10:04 AM
TBH I wouldn't want to jump straight to lvl 40+ in a class, you are bound to screw up your skill tree.

I'd rather take it in strides, alternating playing the class at low lvl wih clearing COs on your main class so you can feed it chunks of 3-5 lvls at a time when you feel like you really want this or that skill.

HIT0SHI
Jun 17, 2014, 10:08 AM
You don't have to use SP on the spot you know.
You could always mess around with the class, until you know what you want the class to have or heck even wait until the discussions of said class.

gigawuts
Jun 17, 2014, 10:08 AM
Or you could just keep the SP you're not sure about spending.

BTW, do we know if the boots deal actual tech damage? Or is it converted into striking, like wand gear?

I'd also really like to know how they could possibly think this class would combo best with techer. Do they think techer's offensive skills that would work on this are actually good? All...one of them? Or maybe masteries work on these jet boot attacks, that would be kind of cool. It'd also be nice if Wand Lovers was updated to Strike Lovers so it worked with jet boots.

I'm pretty goddamn tired of /huing everything in the goddamn game, but I'm also not too keen on subbing either fo or te to get just 3 elemental masteries at my disposal, and just 1 (MAYBE 2) of them maxed. Subbing fighter sounds more versatile. It might be fo/fi all over again - not that fi is good, but that the alternatives are worse. Then again, chase might combo very well with this. If the tech damage applies an SE, and you still deal kicky strike damage, things could be neat. PP slayer and adrenaline might be semi-decent perks too, depending.

Arada
Jun 17, 2014, 10:17 AM
In my opinion, they'll take advantage of the release of episode 3 to revamp some of the classes, maybe even change some of the skill trees to match the new balancer and/or make some classes more desirable.

So I'm not making any plans until I see the full picture.
However, as TE main (with all the hybrid gear and mag that requires), I'm fairly confident I'm almost totally set for this new class.

Gama
Jun 17, 2014, 10:43 AM
i have the feeling that bouncer is the new "acro"
maybe this is how Sega plans to fix techer.

Skyly HUmar
Jun 17, 2014, 12:03 PM
Well, now that capcom is up for sale its possible that they may continue mml3 once they get taken over.

gigawuts
Jun 17, 2014, 12:37 PM
i have the feeling that bouncer is the new "acro"
maybe this is how Sega plans to fix techer.

I can't wait for the RAmarl class in ep 4.

Chdata
Jun 17, 2014, 10:44 PM

I know 9+ Youmus. Want to meet them?

WildarmsRE5
Jun 17, 2014, 10:54 PM
I know 9+ Youmus. Want to meet them?introduce me after the maint.

and once I'm on.