PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid and pure: what is happening?

isCasted
Jun 15, 2014, 12:49 PM
Since we are getting new hybrid class in August, I got this thought:

Original purpose of subclassing system was making people mix multiple playstyles to expand gameplay experience. But then players face stat system, skill trees and weapon system that show that only pure class experience is effective.

Then we get an actual hybrid class, Braver, that kind of offers extra benefits from using multiple weapon/damage types. Idea of hybrid bumps into next problems:
1) theoretical way to use both weapons requires investing into DEX mag, which is slow to achieve and useless otherwise;
2) skill tree is clearly divided into Katana and Bow sections, allowing you to go pure without any penalties. Same goes for subclass choice.

This way even with hybrid class we are forced to go with pure playstyle.

Now, about Bouncer... During livestream it was mentioned by designers how you are supposed to go pure Blades or Boots. This means that they see that unhybridding is a thing. And question arises: what's the point of this class then? Why don't creators of the game do anything about it? Why does a system that used to help hybrids go against it now? What are solutions of this problem?

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2014, 12:59 PM
Now, about Bouncer... During livestream it was mentioned by designers how you are supposed to go pure Blades or Boots. This is a bit concerning because unlike braver they seem to have play styles that aren't mutually exclusive. They both have a lot of mobility and aerial capabilities. It would be silly if you couldn't use them both. Though it may end up just being like braver, where going hybrid is possible but not optimal.

I think one of the biggest problems with going hybrid is the lack of general damage boosts and needing to spread your self so thin that the utility dosn't outweigh the loss of damage (which it seriously should).

Honestly I think the best way to fix it would be to decrease the reliance on damage bonuses in the skill trees.

landman
Jun 15, 2014, 01:09 PM
The common sense solution would be: new weapon for Techer and new weapon for Fighter. But they make a new class instead.

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2014, 01:11 PM
The common sense solution would be: new weapon for Techer and new weapon for Fighter. But they make a new class instead.I'd rather they just fix the existing weapons than add new ones to existing classes. They've gone and proven that they can make a tech weapon with it's own PAs and that would be a good way to differentiate tech weapons.

Tenlade
Jun 15, 2014, 01:27 PM
This is a bit concerning because unlike braver they seem to have play styles that aren't mutually exclusive. They both have a lot of mobility and aerial capabilities. It would be silly if you couldn't use them both. Though it may end up just being like braver, where going hybrid is possible but not optimal.

I think one of the biggest problems with going hybrid is the lack of general damage boosts and needing to spread your self so thin that the utility dosn't outweigh the loss of damage (which it seriously should).

Honestly I think the best way to fix it would be to decrease the reliance on damage bonuses in the skill trees.
Utility is uselss because all that matters is kiling enemies, nothing else. hybrids spread out damage boosts among multiple weapons so they will forever be inferior and weaker to specialization.

Sayara
Jun 15, 2014, 01:34 PM
I guess what matters is if the shoes will do S-atk damage or T-atk damage really.
when Braver Bow vs Katana the damage is clear (R vs S) so if the shoes are hybridy themselves like Wands are then they'll be alot more open accessable to many

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2014, 01:37 PM
Utility is uselss because all that matters is kiling enemies, nothing else. hybrids spread out damage boosts among multiple weapons so they will forever be inferior and weaker to specialization.That's exactly what I just said.

EDIT: Though I don't agree that utility is completely useless. I didn't mean support. I meant things like being able to hit an enemy from far away, things that make enemies easier to hit (zondeel for instance), or status effects for bosses. Those are all useful things, but they aren't worth going hybrid for since you can just have someone with a dedicated build do it just as well if not better, without sacrificing as much, if any damage.

Tenlade
Jun 15, 2014, 03:11 PM
unforutnately status effects dont do much outside of bosses that have thier own custom reaction hardcoded in like elder's stun from shock. dragging in enemeis with zondeel hasnt been really relevant even in td when all the groups i play just kill everything with ilmegid before they even reach the walls and towers.

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2014, 03:21 PM
unforutnately status effects dont do much outside of bosses that have thier own custom reaction hardcoded in like elder's stun from shock. dragging in enemeis with zondeel hasnt been really relevant even in td when all the groups i play just kill everything with ilmegid before they even reach the walls and towers.I feel like you're missing my entire point. :/ I'm saying that a class that can do those things without sacrificing a good build is better than someone sacrificing a good build to do those things. Would you rather have a pure force/techer or a hunter/techer casting grants techs on Vibrace for instance. Also I specifically said status effects on bosses.

And the thing with Ilmegid is a problem with Ilmegid, not zondeel. :/

Friyn
Jun 15, 2014, 03:30 PM
The common sense solution would be: new weapon for Techer and new weapon for Fighter. But they make a new class instead.

If they introduced new weapons for the said classes community would explode. "HOW COME THEY GOT NEW WEAPON BUT WE DIDNT?!". It's much easier to create a "new class" for the said weapons rather than giving them out to already existing ones.
Of course there's more to it. They get to design a whole new skill tree from a scratch for the new weapons, which should allow them to dramatically enhance/tweak gameplay of the weapons, rather than having everything build in.

Or that's what I think.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 15, 2014, 03:35 PM
all these new classes.... i would much rather they take existing classes and update them with new weps, HU could benefit from it's own akimbo sword wep, and from what i understand the boots can cast Techs? that could be useful for those TE/FI players+^_^+

LonelyGaruga
Jun 15, 2014, 04:15 PM
unforutnately status effects dont do much outside of bosses that have thier own custom reaction hardcoded in like elder's stun from shock. dragging in enemeis with zondeel hasnt been really relevant even in td when all the groups i play just kill everything with ilmegid before they even reach the walls and towers.

So how many four-five runs are you seeing with that Ilmegid spam? None, right? Now ask someone that has experienced that. Betcha you'd think that they'd say Ilmegid is more useful than Zondeel, right? No.

Ilmegid is not the best way to run TD. Ilmegid is not the best way to run AQs. It is the easiest way. That does not make it good. That does not make it better than Zondeel. That does not make Zondeel irrelevant. Zondeel is still important.

Kondibon
Jun 15, 2014, 04:18 PM
all these new classes.... i would much rather they take existing classes and update them with new weps, HU could benefit from it's own akimbo sword wep, and from what i understand the boots can cast Techs? that could be useful for those TE/FI players+^_^+I think it's fine having them be seperate classes at this point, but I think the weapons should be a bit more distributed and the subclassing system should be updated. There's a 3rd class icon though so maybe we'll get access to 3rd classes.

Chdata
Jun 15, 2014, 04:49 PM
So how many four-five runs are you seeing with that Ilmegid spam? None, right? Now ask someone that has experienced that. Betcha you'd think that they'd say Ilmegid is more useful than Zondeel, right? No.

Ilmegid is not the best way to run TD. Ilmegid is not the best way to run AQs. It is the easiest way. That does not make it good. That does not make it better than Zondeel. That does not make Zondeel irrelevant. Zondeel is still important.

http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm23772369

While you can't get 5 runs this way, there is a MUCH lower skill ceiling for this and it is a very nice way to facilitate guaranteed runs for generally casual players. Or perhaps, random MPAs. But that's if people would actually bother to get good gear...

Not even good gear, but at least adequate gear.

Shiyo
Jun 15, 2014, 04:56 PM

I agree, this game has very badly designed skill tree's. They need to completely revamp skill tree's and redesign them from ground zero.

Revamping them completely would allow a lot more variation in our playstyles and give more choices if done properly.

LonelyGaruga
Jun 15, 2014, 05:00 PM
http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm23772369

While you can't get 5 runs this way, there is a MUCH lower skill ceiling for this and it is a very nice way to facilitate guaranteed runs for generally casual players.

Hahahahahah, man, I wish luck to anyone who actually thinks they can consistently do that. Even with my team coordinated runs, it's more common to only get two runs than three. That video requires way more coordination than you're going to get in random pubs, that's for sure. Make no mistake, I'm not dismissing the validity of that tactic. Ilmegid is still very good. I'm dismissing the practicality of it. Which doesn't do anything to demean the value of the strategy, since obviously, 5 run strategies are even harder to pull off.

My point was, Zondeel is still relevant, no matter how viable Ilmegid is right now, because Zondeel is even better at securing runs with a proper party setup. Ilmegid is just easier because it's less reliant on other players. I was just criticizing the opinion that Ilmegid made Zondeel irrelevant. That's simply false. Nothing more than that.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jun 15, 2014, 05:56 PM
Now, about Bouncer... During livestream it was mentioned by designers how you are supposed to go pure Blades or Boots. This means that they see that unhybridding is a thing. And question arises: what's the point of this class then? Maplestory did a similar system with Pirates and that seemed to work out fine. Basically, you start out with a class that can use either Knuckles or Guns... and then you choose a 2nd Job that uses one or the other. Basically, you get to try both and see which one you prefer.

Gardios
Jun 15, 2014, 06:03 PM
Revamping them completely would allow a lot more variation in our playstyles and give more choices if done properly.

Depending on their definition of "skill tree re-evaluation", this might happen for EP3.

Gamemako
Jun 15, 2014, 07:09 PM
2) skill tree is clearly divided into Katana and Bow sections, allowing you to go pure without any penalties. Same goes for subclass choice.

Skill tree is a bigger problem than that. A DEX mag eats 5 skill points, making you even weaker. You could try to go both bow and katana, but you don't have the skill points to do that at all. Honestly, it's more a problem that skill trees are organized in a particularly poor fashion right now, making exceedingly obvious or poor decisions. Hunter chooses offense or defense in a game where offense is defense. Ranger get the ultimate skill for assault rifles immediately and is free to go nuts on more useful launcher bonuses from there. Braver has nowhere near enough points to spec both weapons, so the entire Braver concept is reduced to an isolated pair of one-button wonders.

The developers basically sealed the fate of the class by splitting it by weapon, though. It's hard to exaggerate just how foolish of a decision this really is. Hybrids rely on versatility to be effective, so SEGA removes all versatility by forcing you into one weapon. Since you're not a hybrid anymore and just a single-weapon setup, you're Techer v2. Boottecher won't hold a candle to the class (Force) that does the one thing it does (techs) better than Boottecher does it. The entire question of whether dual swords will be useful comes entirely down to whether they are overpowered. Unlike Hunter or Fighter, which can use any of 3 weapons depending on what is appropriate for the situation (in theory, lolbalance), you're pretty much just relying on whether a weapon is overpowered in most situations (like katana, lolbalance). So in the end, instead of the Swiss Army Knife of classes, you just have a class that is a duct-tape job of almost-guaranteed-to-be-useless and next-katana-or-useless.

Utility is uselss because all that matters is kiling enemies, nothing else. hybrids spread out damage boosts among multiple weapons so they will forever be inferior and weaker to specialization.

Killing things is always the goal, but that doesn't stop defense and utility from dominating at times. For example, in Dragon Age: Origins, your best party setup was a bunch of CC mages wearing massive armor.

Maplestory did a similar system with Pirates and that seemed to work out fine. Basically, you start out with a class that can use either Knuckles or Guns... and then you choose a 2nd Job that uses one or the other. Basically, you get to try both and see which one you prefer.

Unlike most MMOs where a character generally equips one weapon, PSO2 has you equip up to six.

Shiyo
Jun 16, 2014, 09:41 AM
Depending on their definition of "skill tree re-evaluation", this might happen for EP3.

The problem is skill tree's can't ever be good. They're an old outdated mechanic that no matter what you do, there will always be one "best" choice. I tried really hard to figure out a way to make them good, but I couldn't think of anything.

Copying WOW's new skill tree model would be for the best.

Fury stance, JA boost, gears, new main class only traits, passive DMG % increases, just guard, step attack, just reversal, active skills(Poison ignition lol, katana combat,chain trigger etc) and all their passive bonuses should be default.

Then we have like 4-5 tiers of skills, with each tier having it's own theme and 3 choices, being useful in every situation and equally balanced.

Hunter:

First tier is a passive 10-15% move speed increase, or letting you walk through enemies, or slowing all enemies move and attack speed by 25% in a kinda big AOE around you passively.

Second tier could make fury stance being active give you very slight healing everytime you hit an enemy, a way to convert your gear gauge into heal over time on yourself, or guard stance being active make enemies heal you for a percentage of the damage they do and all enemies that die around you heal you for X% of their max health.

Third tier could be 100% proccing iron will and never give up, but give iron will a 10second internal cooldown or something, automate half-line, or immunity to knockdowns/knockbacks/knock ups/stuns.

Fourth and final tier could give you a skill that increases your just attacks damage by 30% and gives you increased PP regen for 20 seconds, on a 1 minute cooldown, a skill that increases all damage from all damage sources(friendly as well) to enemies within X yards around you by 20% and sucks in all enemies in a kinda big AOE like zondeel(but passively around you)for 20 seconds on a 1 minute cooldown, or a skill that lets you use fully charged attacks without charging and grants full gear gauge to all gears for 20s on a 1 minute cooldown. These would all be active skills like katana combat.

This is the only way I could see them making skill trees about choices and options.

Achelousaurus
Jun 16, 2014, 10:13 AM
I got a question about hybrid braver.
I thought I would only like bow at first, but I also like bow a lot and would ant to play a good hybrid.

Just how far can a hybrid braver go (no weakstance)?
I do not need to do uber damage and kill everything within 5 seconds but I'd like high enough damage to hold my own in any area.

Is that even possible?
If so, would I have to put every last skill point into dps or can that work with some survivability (as BR/HU or HU/BR).

And do I absolutely need the 12* weapons for this or can I make it work with the all class Bio Katana / Bow?

Jazneo
Jun 16, 2014, 10:55 AM
so bouncer only get 2 weapons?

GoldenFalcon
Jun 16, 2014, 10:59 AM
I thought I would only like bow at first, but I also like bow a lot and would ant to play a good hybrid.

I do not need to do uber damage and kill everything within 5 seconds but I'd like high enough damage to hold my own in any area.

Is that even possible?
If so, would I have to put every last skill point into dps or can that work with some survivability (as BR/HU or HU/BR).

And do I absolutely need the 12* weapons for this or can I make it work with the all class Bio Katana / Bow?

Br/Hu is fine, unless you want to use sword too

Bio weapons, full damage Fury tree, all 30% in Average Stance, braver mag with Dex mag, Rapid Shoot Mastery and Katana Combat Finish should give a very useable build

the only issue then is gear affixing, but there's Soma Soul so it ain't that bad

Gamemako
Jun 16, 2014, 06:06 PM

You said bow and bow, which doesn't really make sense. Do you want to use katana and bow both? If so, you're going to be a bit behind in some way. Here's a sample build (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?07wNbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk6dt6 ebkbqBGQbokdIscAcAfGAIbib000007b000000lb000000lb00 0009b0000000Ib0000000IOIo4SdncKmnI2fGXdoI20000j) for using both katana and bow -- general use with automate halfline (use dimates and trimates) and all 3 hunter weapons, primarily for fury stance. Have to drop Average Stance Charge (and crit) to get both weapon skills. You could dump one or the other active ability (preferably Rapid Shoot) to improve the other and max out Average Stance, but that's the tradeoff for trying to do both katana and bow.

//EDIT: Note that the build above uses all 3 hunter weapons as well. You can cut out various parts if you don't plan to use them -- if you don't really want to use any hunter weapons, then you can dump all of them and your just guard tree and put more points into Fury Stance.

Sizustar
Jun 16, 2014, 06:09 PM
so bouncer only get 2 weapons?

3, if you include gunslash, same as Braver, Bow, Katana and Gunslash

Gama
Jun 16, 2014, 06:18 PM
techer only has 2 talis and wand. its not the quantity its the quality guys!

Sacrificial
Jun 16, 2014, 06:27 PM
techer only has 2 talis and wand. its not the quantity its the quality guys!

And gunslash again :P

Achelousaurus
Jun 16, 2014, 06:40 PM
Thanks.
I was really worried a braver how he's theoretically meant to be played (being a hybrid class) is entirely pointless.
I don't particularly like swords cause the speed difference to katana is just too great for me.

I'll go for this braver build (http://pso2- skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php? 07fbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk0lbIn00 000000Ib000000lb000000lb000009b00 00000Ib0000000ebqBnbdpmxpAI2fbqe F00006)
And this hunter build. (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?07fbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk0lbIn qnGRrB5dIscAbxfqniA000009b000000lb000000lb000009b0 000000Ib0000000Ib000000j)
I made a couple of mistakes, once I get closer to max I will fix them by getting new skill trees (which is apparently cheaper than a reset).

Gamemako
Jun 16, 2014, 06:51 PM
Thanks.
I was really worried a braver how he's theoretically meant to be played (being a hybrid class) is entirely pointless.

I don't particularly like sword cause the speed difference to katana is just too great for me.

I'm going to max iron will and automate deadline though and made a couple of mistakes with my builds.
I'll see if it's still viable, if not I'll have to buy more skill trees.

All depends on what you like. Basically, you can just modify the cookie-cutter hunter sub tree however you see fit. Here's a similar build (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?07wNbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk6dt7 bInqnGDbn5dI2cAcKfGAin000009b000000lb000000lb00000 9b0000000Ib0000000IOIo4SdncKmnI2fGXdoI20000j) where I removed all hunter weapons -- basically went to cookie-cutter hunter sub, but moved 15 points from Fury Crit and Fury Stance Up 2 into War Cry (4) + Iron Will (10) + Never Give Up (1). The build gives you a 75% chance of surviving death at the cost of 10% of your damage output.

I wouldn't reset right now regardless unless you plan on going hard before August. When ep 3 drops, we'll all get skill reset cards, and they might modify trees enough that you have to reset (if we're lucky).

//EDIT: Regarding your builds, you really must max Fury Stance itself -- you not only get the most boost out of it, it also reduces the damage taken penalty. Fury Crit is crap, so put those points in Fury Stance Up 1 instead (or Fury Stance if you haven't already maxed it). Also, you can do both main and sub trees in one link -- just spec both trees and then hit the URL (all trees are included, which is where there are a ton of 0s in the URL for the empty FO/TE/FI/RA/GU trees). How far along are you right now, anyway? Can you send a link of your current skills?

Achelousaurus
Jun 17, 2014, 03:10 AM
Thanks.
I maxed Fury Stance already but forgot to set it in the simulator (changed now):
I'm at work but when I get home I can link my current tree, I'm BR 55 / Hu 45 now. I'm trying to get Kenei and Susanoo Hiki so I can go HU / BR soon for the stats (my final destination ought to be Bio Janen / Bio Beld).

And now I'm really gonna wait for ep 3 and the free skill reset.

Reyva
Jun 17, 2014, 04:17 AM
Heh reminds me of FFXI back in the days. Being a Black mage with subjob dragoon = shyat lol. No one wanted you......then again back in those days, no one wanted drg anyways haha. Anyways point was some class / subclass combos will never work even if crap is perfect with everything else.

Only time I really did hybrid crap in games was when I was bored. In PSO2's case back then, probably fo/br was the most fun. Zondeel + shunka was lol. Boss fights were pretty interesting too since I also had a Elysion illbarta setup back then.

However at the end of the day for any game, when it came to raids or partying (not where everyone is bored), I went with the typical setup that everyone expects just because shyat gets done faster. Not like for example I'd invite NIN/DRG to my party if we take FFXI for example haha.

I don't look down on people doing hybrid combos though. Just don't bring stupidity with it is all which most bring lol.

Gama
Jun 17, 2014, 11:29 AM
i love when some... let's call them purists claim that teaching classes are useless... gl on TD without zondeel.

about hybrids they are fun but thanks to they way trees works they are not as effective. teaching classes need desperately a support buff so they're useful to overall damage output and HP restoration.

that range man that range.

Gamemako
Jun 17, 2014, 02:06 PM
i love when some... let's call them purists claim that teaching classes are useless... gl on TD without zondeel.

about hybrids they are fun but thanks to they way trees works they are not as effective. teaching classes need desperately a support buff so they're useful to overall damage output and HP restoration.

that range man that range.

Pshaw, you can 4-run TD on ilmegid/ilbarta spam, and Zondeel lost a lot of its fire when Shunka lost its overpowered edge. Zondeel really needs some mechanical improvement anyway, and SEGA needs to stop thinking "well, there's a talis" as a justification for screwing it up.

Main problem with hybrid builds right now is how overpowered certain abilities and builds are. Fury Stance is bonkers for no damn reason, with +100% damage. FO/BR actually isn't too far behind FO/TE in one element tech damage due to stance boosts, but weapon PA damage is crippled and you're limited to one and only one element with any competence (and that element can't be FOTM dark). You can swap back to katana for single-target damage, but since you don't have Fury Stance, your damage is halved and you're worse at ST than FO/TE spamming ilbarta or namegid. It's a bit like FO/FI, except less annoying and more gimpy.

I actually find that being FOBR is useful for directing certain ignorant pugs, though. In the last 3 Luthers, I've dragged my team kicking and screaming to victory by opening the clock 3-4 times with Zan (and demonstrating that you should be hitting the goddamn thing), healing people through fireballs, Combat Escape through slow-moving-swords-of-doom and dropping moon to pick up 5 people at a time. I can make use of techs up through VH TD, but in SH, I'm useless to the point that I don't even want to do it. Really, who wants a squishy character who does half damage and can't recover enough PP to even Zondeel long-term? I guess I could respec to get charge bonus on average stance and just tech the whole thing -- I have 6 skill reset passes sitting around -- but I need another mag for that.

Z-0
Jun 17, 2014, 02:13 PM
No actual good player thinks that teching classes are useless.

Any good player acknowledges that Force is the most overpowered class right now, and it's not because of Ilmegid.

Also, Zondeel strategies let you 5-run TD. I highly doubt that's possible with Ilmegid/Ilbarta spam, which needs proper co-ordination anyway (and knowledge of spawns). You make it sound like it'll happen with people just spamming it.

Imjake
Jun 17, 2014, 06:21 PM
SEGA said "Class balancing" is coming with ep 3 content. Im willing to bet that means more than just making classes more balanced in regards to combat when compared to one-another. I bet we are going to see some significant changes to each class in many regards. Think about it; the new class using PAs means you would have to take a hit in damage because of hybridizing your mag and armor affixes. They are going to address that, Im sure. I hope at least.

Imjake
Jun 17, 2014, 06:22 PM
No actual good player thinks that teching classes are useless.

Any good player acknowledges that Force is the most overpowered class right now, and it's not because of Ilmegid.

Also, Zondeel strategies let you 5-run TD. I highly doubt that's possible with Ilmegid/Ilbarta spam, which needs proper co-ordination anyway (and knowledge of spawns). You make it sound like it'll happen with people just spamming it.

LOL I know, right? I see stupid people talking about the force and techer classes being worthless. It's always some sad pleb. who doesn't know how to play. I saw an argument on bumped.org where some where saying force class was not good for damage, but only support. Same with Techer. LOL!!!!!!! Stupid people are every where.

Gamemako
Jun 17, 2014, 06:58 PM
SEGA said "Class balancing" is coming with ep 3 content. Im willing to bet that means more than just making classes more balanced in regards to combat when compared to one-another. I bet we are going to see some significant changes to each class in many regards. Think about it; the new class using PAs means you would have to take a hit in damage because of hybridizing your mag and armor affixes. They are going to address that, Im sure. I hope at least.

You haven't begun to describe what you think "changes" means. It's unlikely that they will spend the time to redevelop most classes, especially when only Techer really needs it (and others here have pointed out that you run the risk of pissing people off if you touch even that). They aren't going to change the damage formula or dramatically alter the form and function of PAs. The most anyone can really hope for is a skill tree revision, and a complete revamp is exceedingly unlikely.

Re: Bouncer, developers have already stated that it's designed like Braver. Players are supposed to choose between dual blades with HU sub or jet boots with TE sub. The jet boots are slated to be this game's acrotecher, the support type from PSU which combined mediocre melee abilities with top-ranked support techs. The designers looked at the failures of support TE and how to rectify them, and ended on autocast melee support. Regardless, true hybrid is not the goal, which is exactly what this entire thread is about.

Achelousaurus
Jun 19, 2014, 03:24 AM
Noooooooooooooooooo.
My jet boots ;_;
I was hoping I could go BR/BO or BO/BR and use cool jet boots, but if it's a weapon even partially relying on T-ATK, it's not working nearly as well with BR.

Chaoszshadow
Jun 19, 2014, 04:45 AM
Noooooooooooooooooo.
My jet boots ;_;
I was hoping I could go BR/BO or BO/BR and use cool jet boots, but if it's a weapon even partially relying on T-ATK, it's not working nearly as well with BR.
....? If Jet boots is t atk based then Braver is the only class besides techer that has modifers that boosts striking t-atk damage. It could be a better sub than techer since you don't have to do deal with making elemental weak hit work(although you would lose the benefits of techer's support abilities).

Achelousaurus
Jun 19, 2014, 04:50 AM
Oh.
Still, would have been better Jet boots was purely S-Atk based.

Lorne
Jun 19, 2014, 05:38 AM
....? If Jet boots is t atk based then Braver is the only class besides techer that has modifers that boosts striking t-atk damage. It could be a better sub than techer since you don't have to do deal with making elemental weak hit work(although you would lose the benefits of techer's support abilities).

....? Hunter, Fighter, and even Ranger and Gunner have modifiers that boost striking T-ATK damage.

UnLucky
Jun 19, 2014, 06:41 AM
I'd like to see main Force with all-class shoes become the optimal Bouncer. It'd have to be elemental Tech damage for all the Masteries to work, but any charged PAs would be brutal.

Otherwise they'll just bland it up as yet another Fury class. Though at least if both weapons dealt Striking damage you could actually switch between them, skill tree permitting.

Rien
Jun 19, 2014, 06:56 AM
Question: Would manual casting support techs charge jet boots to that element?

Casting Shifta and having fire boots sounds almost too convenient.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jun 19, 2014, 07:20 AM
lets look at how many classes get 4 weapons including gunslash hunter Fighter wait wait wait for it no other class
the rest have 3 weapons
Ranger Rifle Launcher gunslash
Gunner Rifle TMGS gunslash
Force Rod tails gunslash
Techer wand tails gunslash
braver Katana bow gunslash
Fi knuckles twin daggers Double saber gunslash
hunter sword wired lance partisan gunslash
bouncer im dual blades jet boots gunslash