PDA

View Full Version : Newest Story Quest *spoilers*

UMVC3_Wolverine
Jun 16, 2014, 05:12 PM
What exactly is happening here? I finished it with one of my characters but obviously can't understand anything.

Can someone just give e a quick run down on the events that happen?

For example why are we fighting former "friends"? Or so I thought they were my friends.

and why did Thoedore become a bad guy?

Sp-24
Jun 16, 2014, 07:24 PM
Spoilers, obviously. Also, some inaccuracies, because fighting Angel made me want to kill myself, and I didn't bother paying attention. Hopefully, somebody can clarify things, because I will be making them up.

[spoiler-box]You were helping the enemy, collaborating with some shady characters and hacking Friend Partners to help darkers destroy ARKS. An agent of Falz itself, basically. And now, you infiltrated the mothership. Or so everyone thought. Including Legias, who, as the last resort, issued an order that ARKS members quite literally can't refuse: to kill you.

After wiping out waves of your former comrades, you meet the three class teachers and Furie, and proceed to kick their brainwashed asses with no problem. They must have bought scape dolls, though, because they just won't give up. You are about to slap them again, but then Matoi cries, and that obviously fixes everything. Everyone, even Lisa, suddenly get enough brain power to realise that darkers inside of the mothership isn't all that normal, and decide to hold them off, even though you'd probably solo them faster than than four people with 3☆ weapons and no units or subclasses. As you walk into the next area, Luther tries his best to look like a serious villain, but fails.

In the next area, you meet two of the legendary six, and, in a surprising twist, it turns out that Huey, of all people, doesn't fall for the bullshit that you are a bad guy (or girl, most likely). Neither does Maria. You proceed further, and meet the rest of the six, Legias, Claricecreis (or however you romanize that, it's still retarded) and Kasura, who shares the voice actor with Persona, by the way, spoilers. Those three aren't convinced as easily, even after Echo joins and Kasura calls her a failure, but you manage to beat some sense into them, and they agree that the idea was kinda stupid. Then Zeno comes out of nowhere after you saved his sorry ass from Falz earlier, and tells Echo to go back to being an annoying background character, she cries and calls him a retard, but agrees. Also, it turns out that Zeno is accepted as the newest member of the Six, since he's the only person to figure out where to change subclasses.

I forget what happened next, but I think Luther appeared, and, surprise, he was behind the whole thing. He then clones Claricecreis into a mass-produced version, because, of all the legendary warriors in the room, you gotta pick a psychotic underage girl who can't even fight.

Moving further into the mothership, you meet Shion again. She explains, that, once upon a time, there was a planet that gained consciousness. She was lonely, drifting in space. She wanted contact. And, her wish did come true. One day, some shiny thing fell on the planet. I think it was a photon, because it also was conscious, and the two (photon and planet) gave birth to Photoners. Photoners granted the planet's wish to see the universe, built a spaceship around it and took it on a trip. That spaceship was ARKS Mothership. That planet was Shion.

Contemplating what the fuck did you just hear, you proceed further into the mothership, and meet Theodore, who, drawn to despair after Ulc died, turned to Luther, who made him into his Dewman slave. You try to reason with him, but even his emo ass isn't dumb enough to believe that you screwed with the time and saved her. So, you instead settle things the usual way, but he's too strong, or something. As he manifests all his edge into an attack that can cut clean through your entire party, Ulc appears, because the mothership must be a goddamn thoroughfare today. He thinks it's another one of your tricks, a lifesize blowup doll, and attacks her. She stoically takes all of his attacks, because hybrid classes are a dumb idea and he deals next to no magic damage, and eventually bores him to death. They then leave, along with Sara, who joined you some time before.

I'm not sure about what happened next. Fighting Theodore drove me to despair and I just wanted this to end already. Angel did not help things in any way at all.

Moving even further, you finally arrive where Shion wanted you to. A room at the heart of the mothership, with naked Shion sleeping inside a crystal. You meet Luther as well. As it turns out, Luther wants to become one with Shion, and you can't blame him. Especially after he explains: turns out that Luther is the other half of the main cast from that story from earlier, that same selfish droplet that met Shion back when she was round in more than just the right places and much wetter (less hot, though). As it turns out, Luther's research, combined with Shion's... something, I stopped paying attention, would make him a literal god.

He then does exactly what he wanted. He gets Shion. He achieves godhood. He has everything. He can wipe you out on the spot, but instead ponders why are you fighting, and what exactly are you going to do. Regardless of what you say, you then proceed to beat him with surprisingly few problems. Luther finds the fight boring, and decides to just finish you off... But it looks like Shion has something to say about it. Specifically, a "Farewell" to everyone. Luther tries to stop her, as without Shion, ARKS is kinda fucked, but it looks like she thought about that as well. The strange kid that you met on Amduscia earlier and who then hijacked your Friend Partner loli is another being like Shion. She transfers all of the data to him, and, coincidentally, he also has a Mothership with him, so all is well! As such, Shion is free to kill herself.

Obviously, everyone is heartbroken after seeing her in person, but Luther especially. He can not be a god anymore. His plan failed. He has been revealed. Shion is gone. All he has is his impressive research on darkers. In his fury, and with nothing left to lose anymore, he goes nuts and releases its full power, declaring himself Dark Falz "Loser". The darkers that he summons in battle blow him up, though, so you just evacuate the mothership and let him pretend to be a magic parrot.

The episode's finale is seen in the event board that you get after beating Dark Falz Loser in an EQ, and it's more eventful than Elder's one.[/spoiler-box]

Yden
Jun 16, 2014, 08:31 PM
From older blue tablets, you learn that the 3 hero's main job isn't to protect Arks or defeat darkers but instead to protect the mothership. Because of this the council is actually made up of 6 people to create a balance of power and Arks should trust in Maria since she acts in a manner to protect the organization. All this stuff is told to you by Casara I believe.

Renvalt
Jun 16, 2014, 09:09 PM
-snip-

Another thing. In the event that neither side of the Council can come to a decision, Quna acts as a tiebreaker to basically move shit forward. That's why she has the designation of "Pillar of Zero" - I mean, if you had a council of six being evened out on all affairs, you'd never get shit done. Which is why Quna works not only to make sure shit goes forward, but removes anyone that ain't doin' their jobs (which explains the pact between Quna and Casra).

Btw, allow me to clarify what you have there, Sp-24.

You were helping the enemy, collaborating with some shady characters and hacking Friend Partners to help darkers destroy ARKS. An agent of Falz itself, basically. And now, you infiltrated the mothership. Or so everyone thought. Including Legias, who, as the last resort, issued an order that ARKS members quite literally can't refuse: to kill you.

Code Abyss: Absolute Order. Regias basically can do whatever the fuck he wants with the Arks operatives, including (if he chose to, but he's not that perverted to do so) have a ship wide orgy. But apparently he only uses it in extreme emergencies, which this qualifies as because even he acknowledges you as a legit threat (not surprising, have you SEEN our kill history? Anyone would be afraid of a dude who took on Elder and lived to tell about it).

After wiping out waves of your former comrades, you meet the three class teachers and Furie, and proceed to kick their brainwashed asses with no problem. They must have bought scape dolls, though, because they just won't give up. You are about to slap them again, but then Matoi cries, and that obviously fixes everything. Everyone, even Lisa, suddenly get enough brain power to realise that darkers inside of the mothership isn't all that normal, and decide to hold them off, even though you'd probably solo them faster than than four people with 3☆ weapons and no units or subclasses. As you walk into the next area, Luther tries his best to look like a serious villain, but fails.

Actually, the three instructors and Fourier are all wielding 9* Lambda grade weapons, Raizenolk in the case of Ohza, Tigredor for Lisa, Garland for Marlur, and Ridultiv for Fourier. And it bears mentioning that all story-related NPCs got a huge ass boost in HP (they're even with Support Partners, even if they have shit for defense) - I once saw Maria heal for 1.4k on a single mate, wasn't sure if Monomate or otherwise, but that's more HP than most people ever get.

So it doesn't shock me that they'd have their units hidden, much like most of us do.

In the next area, you meet two of the legendary six, and, in a surprising twist, it turns out that Huey, of all people, doesn't fall for the bullshit that you are a bad guy (or girl, most likely). Neither does Maria.

Thing is, Maria and Huey are both Six Pillars (Quna is too, to an extent, but I'll explain that later), so they are immune to Code Abyss. My guess is that Regias planned it this way so as to make sure he could be stopped if he issued an Abyss for something that he'd regret later. That, and Maria had an idea this would happen anyways (only reason Huey works is because he's normally dense enough for Regias to never take him seriously).

You proceed further, and meet the rest of the six, Legias, Claris Claes and Kasura (who shares the voice actor with Persona, by the way). Those three aren't convinced as easily, even after Echo joins and Kasura calls her a failure, but you manage to beat some sense into them, and they agree that the idea was kinda stupid. Then Zeno comes out of nowhere after you saved his sorry ass from Falz earlier, and tells Echo to go back to being an annoying background character, she cries and calls him a retard, but agrees. Also, it turns out that Zeno is accepted as the newest member of the Six, since he's the only person to figure out where to change subclasses.

Bears mentioning that Casra was actually intending to kill Echo before Zeno showed up to save her ass.

Fun fact: Casra's VA also does the voice of Shinji in the Fate series. Explains why he's such a dick.

I forget what happened next, but I think Luther appeared, and, surprise, he was behind the whole thing. He then clones Claricecreis into a mass-produced version, because, of all the legendary warriors in the room, you gotta pick a psychotic underage girl who can't even fight.

Quna comes out and basically uses her status as Pillar of Zero to negate the Abyss Code that Regias put out - she's the only one who can, btw, as Abyss cannot be negated until the order is completed or the Arks get wiped out. Which means we'dve had to kill Regias with full power Yonohate if we wanted to end this without Quna, and if you see what he does to Luther later on..... yeah, I'm not dumb enough to take that thing on.

Moving further into the mothership, you meet Shion again. She explains, that, once upon a time, there was a planet that gained consciousness. She was lonely, drifting in space. She wanted contact. And, her wish did come true. One day, some shiny thing fell on the planet. I think it was a photon, because it also was conscious, and the two (photon and planet) gave birth to Photoners. Photoners granted the planet's wish to see the universe, built a spaceship around it and took it on a trip. That spaceship was ARKS Mothership. That planet was Shion.

Contemplating what the fuck did you just hear, you proceed further into the mothership, and meet Theodore, who, drawn to despair after Ulc died, turned to Luther, who made him into his Dewman slave. You try to reason with him, but even his emo ass isn't dumb enough to believe that you screwed with the time and saved her. So, you instead settle things the usual way, but he's too strong, or something. As he manifests all his edge into an attack that can cut clean through your entire party, Ulc appears, because the mothership must be a goddamn thoroughfare today. He thinks it's another one of your tricks, a lifesize blowup doll, and attacks her. She stoically takes all of his attacks, because hybrid classes are a dumb idea and he deals next to no magic damage, and eventually bores him to death. They then leave, along with Sara, who joined you some time before.

The way you explained it comes off as a general "I hate anime plots" approach, so I'll leave this one as is.

I'm not sure about what happened next. Fighting Theodore drove me to despair and I just wanted this to end already. Angel did not help things in any way at all.

After maiming the hell outta Theo, Shion sends another telepathic message where she eventually reveals the big zinger: Matoi has possession of the real Clarissa, which makes her the REAL Claris Claes (Red from before was a mere phony). As such, she's the only one that can unlock the yellow photons used by Luther to keep you guys out from his little H session with Shion.

Moving even further, you finally arrive where Shion wanted you to. A room at the heart of the mothership, with naked Shion sleeping inside a crystal. You meet Luther as well. As it turns out, Luther wants to become one with Shion, and you can't blame him. Especially after he explains: turns out that Luther is the other half of the main cast from that story from earlier, that same selfish droplet that met Shion back when she was round in more than just the right places and much wetter (less hot, though). As it turns out, Luther's research, combined with Shion's... something, I stopped paying attention, would make him a literal god.

She's somewhat of an Akashic record, which means she knows past, present, and future [SPOILER]Indoor plumbing - it's gonna be big. Also, she basically has the keys to the entire ARKS fleet, including the self-destruct sequence, which he conveniently steals when he merges with her.

He then does exactly what he wanted. He gets Shion. He achieves godhood. He has everything. He can wipe you out on the spot, but instead ponders why are you fighting, and what exactly are you going to do. Regardless of what you say, you then proceed to beat him with surprisingly few problems. Luther finds the fight boring, and decides to just finish you off... But it looks like Shion has something to say about it. Specifically, a "Farewell" to everyone. Luther tries to stop her, as without Shion, ARKS is kinda fucked, but it looks like she thought about that as well. The strange kid that you met on Amduscia earlier and who then hijacked your Friend Partner loli is another being like Shion. She transfers all of the data to him, and, coincidentally, he also has a Mothership with him, so all is well! As such, Shion is free to kill herself.

That's Xiao, Shion's "little brother" as he terms himself. Apparently he and Sara have this bickering sibling relationship going on (doesn't help he can talk to her telepathically, which irritates her to no end). Also, Xiao becomes the owner of Oracle after we kill Shion, which was her personal request. Luther flipped simply because he thought it'd end the universe as they knew it, but Shion had Xiao ready in case of shit like this.

Obviously, everyone is heartbroken after seeing her in person, but Luther especially. He can not be a god anymore. His plan failed. He has been revealed. Shion is gone. All he has is his impressive research on darkers. In his fury, and with nothing left to lose anymore, he goes nuts and releases its full power, declaring himself Dark Falz "Loser". The darkers that he summons in battle blow him up, though, so you just evacuate the mothership and let him pretend to be a magic parrot.

It's imperative that you know that said bug was fixed, IIRC. So he can't blow himself up with those things anymore (or at least they're not 1HKOs to him like before).

With that said, the fact that you took away his godliness pisses him off to no end, and he tries to kill you with his earlier mega sphere. Which of course, he gets combo-broken by Quna and Zeno, who crash the party (giving you three Genesis wielders in one party - quite the prize, IMO).

Also, Shion's spirit gets absorbed into Luther when he goes full Falz, but he cannot get that master key back because the little Xiao has it.

The episode's finale is seen in the event board that you get after beating Dark Falz Loser in an EQ, and it's more eventful than Elder's one.

Won't spoil this unless asked.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Finished. GOD that was long.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Jun 17, 2014, 01:13 AM
Feel free to spoil everything <3

Btw when the hell did Ulc die? LOL?

I did all of episode 1 with the story patch and I don't ever remember her dying...I only remember her because she always wanted to work with the ARKS and she finally got hired as a secretary of some sort. After that I never saw her again. Her death was never mention.

Laxedrane
Jun 17, 2014, 02:14 AM

I did all of episode 1 with the story patch and I don't ever remember her dying...I only remember her because she always wanted to work with the ARKS and she finally got hired as a secretary of some sort. After that I never saw her again. Her death was never mention.

There isn't a particular scene with her death if I recall. Just after the attack on the city Theodore and I think someone else mention it in event tablets.

TehCubey
Jun 17, 2014, 02:44 AM
That story quest feels like 2-3 seperate quests mushed into one. Because of that, it is both too long and rushed at the same time.

At least we got a few cool scenes out of it, even if (as usual for PSO2 writing) the dumb ones outnumber them.

Now for spoilers:

Zeno joins the Council of Six? Really? Really? I thought he just gets a Genesis.

I mean, shit. I can't be the only one who thinks Zeno and Echo are annoying wastes of space that drag the whole plot down just by being there, can I? They're just so... think of the most cliche and stereotypical shonen fightan series, like Naruto, Bleach, SAO and whatever else having their worst elements mashed together. Zeno is the MC of the resulting dreck (always talking about cliche "I gotta protect my friends" bull and stealing spotlight despite being only an NPC), and Echo is the female lead (read: annoying and useless). That's how it feels like.

Kondibon
Jun 17, 2014, 03:00 AM
That story quest feels like 2-3 seperate quests mushed into one. Because of that, it is both too long and rushed at the same time.

At least we got a few cool scenes out of it, even if (as usual for PSO2 writing) the dumb ones outnumber them.

Now for spoilers:

Zeno joins the Council of Six? Really? Really? I thought he just gets a Genesis.

I mean, shit. I can't be the only one who thinks Zeno and Echo are annoying wastes of space that drag the whole plot down just by being there, can I? They're just so... think of the most cliche and stereotypical shonen fightan series, like Naruto, Bleach, SAO and whatever else having their worst elements mashed together. Zeno is the MC of the resulting dreck (always talking about cliche "I gotta protect my friends" bull and stealing spotlight despite being only an NPC), and Echo is the female lead (read: annoying and useless). That's how it feels like.I actually find Zeno pretty interesting since unlike other "pratagonists" of that type he's relatively level headed and mature.

You can talk about him stealing the spotlight for showing up at the last minute to be a badass or whatever, but don't forget that by that point in the story the player character is a time traveling agent for some sort of transient space shota out to defeat the corrupt and power hungry leader of the ARKS. Zeno doesn't feel like a protagonist at all based on the scale.

On Echo, she's pretty sterotypical but she's getting character development that characters of her type usually don't get. While things are going slow I usually prefer to sit things out for stories like this before judging the characters too harsly because a lot of the time they're SUPPOSED to be kind of annoying and grow out of it as the story progresses. If, by the time the main plot is over (assuming it ends) the characters are still stuck in stasis then I'll be more inclined to agree with you.

Daiyousei
Jun 17, 2014, 03:05 AM

And then later on in Episode 2 you do the city mission again and this time things are a bit different and you go down a path and save Ulc before she is executed by darkers.

TehCubey
Jun 17, 2014, 03:12 AM
The problem with Zeno is that whenever he's onscreen during a cutscene, he's the one doing the fighting - and the player character stands in the background and does nothing. Dude! I am the MC, I do all the heavy lifting here! At least let me do something.
Also we're supposed to treat his entrance in the latest story quest as some grand rescue, "hooray senpai came to save us", but I sighed and predicted he'll steal spotlight again, and I was right. And once again, joining the Council of Six? What did he do to deserve that?

Echo gets character development in ep 2, but it's all because of Zeno. She does stuff because Zeno did it. She remains an accessory to him and all she does is motivated only by Zeno. Girl! Hunter isn't even a good class, why did you switch from Force? Oh right, Zeno.
And as the story quest shows, she's still useless so all that development was completely pointless.

Kondibon
Jun 17, 2014, 03:16 AM
I don't even know what I'm talking for. If you don't like it, you don't like it, that's fine.

WildarmsRE5
Jun 17, 2014, 03:52 AM
I don't even know what I'm talking for. If you don't like it, you don't like it, that's fine.you ninja'd me. dam it.

Kikikiki
Jun 17, 2014, 03:54 AM
Do you really need to point out that he ninja'd you? :-?

TehCubey
Jun 17, 2014, 04:26 AM
I don't even know what I'm talking for. If you don't like it, you don't like it, that's fine.

Exactly. And likewise you are fine to like the characters/plot/whatever. It is not my intention to start an argument, only to explain why I feel the way I do.

Rien
Jun 17, 2014, 04:31 AM
-snip-

First thing's first: It's Avis, not Abyss. Avis means "Refuge in Battle", which is why it doesn't stop until the ARKS is wiped or, as Casra has mentioned in a cutscene, another Avis is executed.

Also, you can't wield a genesis weapon unless you're one of the Six. Zeno literally took it and forced it into submission, and in turn actually turned him into one of them.

There isn't a particular scene with her death if I recall. Just after the attack on the city Theodore and I think someone else mention it in event tablets.

Theodre runs around frantically asking for the list of victims from the Themis incident. You, too, do your research until Regius tells you something that only a time traveller like you could conveniently do.

Shear
Jun 17, 2014, 04:56 AM
Please remember that showing you Character fight would be quite a bitch, they need to make an animation for all the weapons after all.
For me Xeno feels more like the Lancer to the Player Character, true he helps but stuff usually happens because the player is there/does something.
So yeah I doubt Xeno is Ethan 2, I mean aside from one part early and the end he practically plays no role in Episode 2 aside from giving Echo some motivation.
Hell even in Episode 1 he didn't appear THAT often and if not for gethimhard he probably would barely been involved at all, the role of Main Character is clearly in the players hand this time unlike PSU.

To explain more, Stuff happens because people ask you for help or you are at the right(or wrong) place at the right time or because Stuff you did, not Xeno (he pops up mostly as extra muscle at a time when you are still supposed to be a rookie)
There is no doubt though that he is important to the story, aside from becoming one of the six I'm not sure if his past was elaborated on.

Seriously though ... those NPC's really should start doing their Subjob Quest, those lazy Guys :p

Oh yeah, emphasis on the "For me", I don't want to start internet fights or something :)

Renvalt
Jun 17, 2014, 07:19 AM
First thing's first: It's Avis, not Abyss. Avis means "Refuge in Battle", which is why it doesn't stop until the ARKS is wiped or, as Casra has mentioned in a cutscene, another Avis is executed.

Also, you can't wield a genesis weapon unless you're one of the Six. Zeno literally took it and forced it into submission, and in turn actually turned him into one of them.

So then why the fuck does the code imagery say "Abyss"? And btw, that's not the English patch doing this shit, FYI. That's those big ass letters being shown to all of us the moment the code goes up.

And also, if your statement is true about Genesis weapons, how does that explain Matoi's Clarissa compared to Red's Clarissa? Considering that everyone knew Red's was a cheap ass replica, and Luther noted that Matoi has the real deal. We couldn't get into his lair otherwise - he had a photon barrier up that Matoi needed to break with Clarissa (you could argue it was a Falz seal, but Luther wasn't even a Falz at that point, and she didn't UNLOCK the damn tray to let the Falz out - she unlocked it so you two could sink in; I'd also wager she left it open in case of emergencies).

Who has the real Genesis at this point? Apparently you know more about why Quna was able to override Regias' order to kill you, so perhaps you can elaborate on how Quna - a lame ass Nippon idol as you seem to view it - could overrule Regias, a badass robot who should by all rights be a god and basically not have any plot holes ever (according to you guys).

Because y'know, PSO-W. And their infatuation with Male Casts. Or Casts in general.

Ahhh, what the fuck. I'll just let you do whatever. My opinion's gonna mean jackshit and be misinformed compared to yours.

Kikikiki
Jun 17, 2014, 07:38 AM
Please remember that showing you Character fight would be quite a bitch, they need to make an animation for all the weapons after all.

Not necessarily... They can just slap a "base" weapon for each type of weapons on, and then cover them with the destined weapon skin that matches the one you're using. That's not a lot. I really would like to see my character at least equipping my weapon in cutscenes, rather than just waving in the air with a lame-ass stance.

I believe SEGA can do it; they're probably just lazy, or they didn't even think about it at all.

Rien
Jun 17, 2014, 07:50 AM
So then why the fuck does the code imagery say "Abyss"? And btw, that's not the English patch doing this shit, FYI. That's those big ass letters being shown to all of us the moment the code goes up.

And also, if your statement is true about Genesis weapons, how does that explain Matoi's Clarissa compared to Red's Clarissa? Considering that everyone knew Red's was a cheap ass replica, and Luther noted that Matoi has the real deal. We couldn't get into his lair otherwise - he had a photon barrier up that Matoi needed to break with Clarissa (you could argue it was a Falz seal, but Luther wasn't even a Falz at that point, and she didn't UNLOCK the damn tray to let the Falz out - she unlocked it so you two could sink in; I'd also wager she left it open in case of emergencies).

Who has the real Genesis at this point? Apparently you know more about why Quna was able to override Regias' order to kill you, so perhaps you can elaborate on how Quna - a lame ass Nippon idol as you seem to view it - could overrule Regias, a badass robot who should by all rights be a god and basically not have any plot holes ever (according to you guys).

Because y'know, PSO-W. And their infatuation with Male Casts. Or Casts in general.

Ahhh, what the fuck. I'll just let you do whatever. My opinion's gonna mean jackshit and be misinformed compared to yours.

She's #0. Numbers seem to matter at this point, but I don't see why anyone would put Quna in charge. Also, it's pronounced アヴィス (avis), when abyss is アビス.

Also, Regius does have "holes" in his "armor". Casra actually tells you in a cutscene (and I'd definitely like to question why).

TehCubey
Jun 17, 2014, 07:55 AM
Aren't you overreacting a bit? The other poster says two things and you explode in their face and accuse the whole forum of being full of Cast lovers.

Okay, the cast lover part is accurate (guilty as charged) but still.

Shear
Jun 17, 2014, 08:04 AM
Not necessarily... They can just slap a "base" weapon for each type of weapons on, and then cover them with the destined weapon skin that matches the one you're using. That's not a lot. I really would like to see my character at least equipping my weapon in cutscenes, rather than just waving in the air with a lame-ass stance.

I believe SEGA can do it; they're probably just lazy, or they didn't even think about it at all.
Yeah, us being barehanded I give you that, I always thought that weird too (I mean we can see the Units but no weapons?).
My point was more about attacks, because beating people on the head with my Machine Guns might be funny but not very satisfying :p
... okay now I kinda want to see my character slice apart enemies with my Guns.
Oh and considering the varying sizes we can have blocking animations (like the one with Gethimhard and Xeno) would be kinda hard ... or at least weird loocking.

Rien
Jun 17, 2014, 08:50 AM
To study the Clarissa thing, let's refer to Melfonshina and Matoi's cutscenes.

Melfonshina:
"<%me>… Umm… Long time no see."
"Oh, me? Thanks to you I've managed to make a recovery."
"My heart pains to come here and remember the events that transpired here, but…"
"If I don't overcome this… I can't move forward."
"However, one thing that concerns me is where exactly Clarissa flew off to after I used it."
"That thing is… dangerous. I came here with the intention to look for it, but I couldn't find it anywhere at all…"
"In truth, I can't really wield it. I could only carry it around. Even when I did so, I understood:"
""Ah, the likes of me can't use this.""
"Just holding it, I felt like my heart was going to shatter. It was as if…"
"…I couldn't fully control my actions… like I was being swallowed into an unending abyss…"
"I wonder just how it's true wielder is able to handle such a thing…"
"But I feel… that it must absolutely return to it's rightful owner."
"…My apologies. I need some time to sort out my emotions."[/spoiler-box]
Here we learn that the Clarissa isn't something to be trifled with. Does it have anything to do with why Claris is using a fake? Maybe... Maybe not. Claris seems to converse with her rod quite often - like it feeds information to her. Luther issued it, so chances are that he's just controlling her through the rod.

Melfonshina is also noted to have fallen into a similar state as the Avis/Abyss, although she's spent her entire time being ordered by Gettemhart, so I can't say too much about it.

In Matoi's cutscene, only one line really matters:
[spoiler]"However, the rod I've been issued… feels a bit unwieldy and quite difficult to use. I think the term would be "unfitting"?"

We know she uses Clarissa, so this is how she feels using other rods. Remember that Matoi has been using the Clarissa for a long time before equipping any other rod.

I'm not sure what to make of Jig reforging the Clarissa, since it is a Genesis weapon...

But hell, SEGA isn't known for making coherent stories.

Shear
Jun 17, 2014, 09:15 AM
Actually when Iforgothername broke the Axe Genesis Weapon in that early Epsiode 2 Quest she mentioned having to go to Jig for repairs.
He can probably fix them though creating a new one might be beyond him.
They did mention he is an AWESOME Weaponsmith.

WildarmsRE5
Jun 17, 2014, 09:38 AM
"Axe"

"Iforgothername"

did you mean Maria and the Partizan she uses?

Zyrusticae
Jun 17, 2014, 09:46 AM
I find the overly critical responses to the story to be rather funny considering how much of a step up the story in general is after the horrible janky cheesiness that was the PSU story.

The story in general is a lot more well-thought-out than anything SEGA's put out in quite some time, as the various event tablets helpfully flesh out the setting quite a bit. Time travel shenanigans aside, it's a lot easier to take the story on its face this time around. Where PSU's story was just something I'd have expected to see in a saturday morning cartoon, PSO2 has a lot more interesting stuff going on, and you at least get time to get to know most of the characters, something that was kind of a problem in PSU (and even PSO, for that matter).

Granted, the presentation is full of janky bits (bare-handed MC in cutscenes, cutscenes in general reusing stock animations excessively, etc.) that the game would really benefit from excising, and they seem to overuse the "tell" in "show, don't tell". Still, doing so would be expensive, so I can cut them a bit of slack in this regard. I've at least been entertained throughout a fair chunk of episode 2, which has gone some way to subverting my expectations for the series.

Shear
Jun 17, 2014, 09:49 AM
"Axe"

"Iforgothername"

did you mean Maria and the Partizan she uses?
Yep, I couldn't for the life remember her name ... and I knew it was a Partizan but JUST LOOK AT THAT THING O.o

UMVC3_Wolverine
Jun 17, 2014, 10:11 AM
So Ulc is Thoedore's girl?

Gotta give him props since Ulc is a cute npc :3

Yden
Jun 17, 2014, 11:18 AM
Time travel shenanigans aside

That's something I'd really like to be explained better. There are times where you time travel and make a noticable change in the past like saving Matoi early on, but other times your actions don't seem to have any effect on anything like when you team up with the people in the arks battle thing. In theory all the times you team up with people should be happening at the same time yet it's not possible since you only reach the end once else Huey would have noticed. And there's the matter that people remember your time travel events but only kinda as shown by Afin in some events when he recounts saving Matoi and encountering Persona in Neb and then asking something along the lines of "wait how many times did we actually do that quest?"

Shear
Jun 17, 2014, 11:45 AM
I believe about PSO2's Time Travel we should apply the only true Time Travel Story rule.

"Don't think about it too much" :p

Renvalt
Jun 17, 2014, 12:40 PM
Yep, I couldn't for the life remember her name ... and I knew it was a Partizan but JUST LOOK AT THAT THING O.o

It's called Lavious. If you want a bit of irrelevant info, it's also known as "The Reaper's Hatchet".

If Persona hadn't gone and cock blocked Maria's full-power swing, Elder would've been sliced in two - that's what broke the axe, and that's also what Jig warned us about: Lavious is a brittle beast, more so in the hands of Maria, who tends to throw all her power into the attack.

To study the Clarissa thing, let's refer to Melfonshina and Matoi's cutscenes.

Melfonshina:
"<%me>… Umm… Long time no see."
"Oh, me? Thanks to you I've managed to make a recovery."
"My heart pains to come here and remember the events that transpired here, but…"
"If I don't overcome this… I can't move forward."
"However, one thing that concerns me is where exactly Clarissa flew off to after I used it."
"That thing is… dangerous. I came here with the intention to look for it, but I couldn't find it anywhere at all…"
"In truth, I can't really wield it. I could only carry it around. Even when I did so, I understood:"
""Ah, the likes of me can't use this.""
"Just holding it, I felt like my heart was going to shatter. It was as if…"
"…I couldn't fully control my actions… like I was being swallowed into an unending abyss…"
"I wonder just how it's true wielder is able to handle such a thing…"
"But I feel… that it must absolutely return to it's rightful owner."
"…My apologies. I need some time to sort out my emotions."[/spoiler-box]
Here we learn that the Clarissa isn't something to be trifled with. Does it have anything to do with why Claris is using a fake? Maybe... Maybe not. Claris seems to converse with her rod quite often - like it feeds information to her. Luther issued it, so chances are that he's just controlling her through the rod.

Melfonshina is also noted to have fallen into a similar state as the Avis/Abyss, although she's spent her entire time being ordered by Gettemhart, so I can't say too much about it.

In Matoi's cutscene, only one line really matters:
[spoiler]"However, the rod I've been issued… feels a bit unwieldy and quite difficult to use. I think the term would be "unfitting"?"

We know she uses Clarissa, so this is how she feels using other rods. Remember that Matoi has been using the Clarissa for a long time before equipping any other rod.

I'm not sure what to make of Jig reforging the Clarissa, since it is a Genesis weapon...

But hell, SEGA isn't known for making coherent stories.

I may not have too much info into how it affected Shina, though I do know she really admired Gettemhalt before her sister died and he went bonkers (he went through a similar experience to Theo, difference is he saw it first hand). Might be why she put up with his shit - if it means getting the nice guy that is her lover back, she's willing to put up with all that crap (especially since she knows why he acts the way he does).

As for Matoi feeling incompatible with the rod she was given, I think I have a comparison, but... it's gonna be a cheesy one.

Remember how in Harry Potter Book 7 (Deathly Hollows), when Harry's original wand broke and he had to use the one he stole from Draco (this was during the battle in the Malfoy mansion, iirc)?

Harry felt as if the wand didn't really fit - like he was wearing someone else's clothes/underpants.

That's how it felt to me - and we do know that the Genesis weapons choose their wielders. If Matoi wasn't dead, odds are it still recognized her as its wielder.

And as for Jig reforging Clarissa... he did the same to Lavious, and as I recall, that's all he can do with regards to Genesis weapons. They seem to have been forged by some greater power, but I wonder why he called it (Clarissa) a fake? Was it still weak from being shattered or something? It is a sentient weapon, after all.

Aren't you overreacting a bit? The other poster says two things and you explode in their face and accuse the whole forum of being full of Cast lovers.

Okay, the cast lover part is accurate (guilty as charged) but still.

What the hell is wrong with me? Every time people criticize me I blow up in their faces like it's a personal attack.

That was uncalled for. Sorry.

SakuRei
Jun 17, 2014, 12:45 PM
Code Abyss: Absolute Order. Regias basically can do whatever the fuck he wants with the Arks operatives, including (if he chose to, but he's not that perverted to do so) have a ship wide orgy.

Hmm...

New Matterboard Side Quest: H-Route/Doujin Route unlocked. PSO2 16.5.

Renvalt
Jun 17, 2014, 01:07 PM
Hmm...

New Matterboard Side Quest: H-Route/Doujin Route unlocked. PSO2 16.5.

Eeep. That was unneeded.

Verily, perish the thought, sir.