PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Nova Scans + Character Creator Video

Manta Oyamada
Jun 16, 2014, 05:54 PM
http://i3.minus.com/ivtdCirkxfC1T.jpg

http://i.minus.com/iL4ueVUo4EulP.jpg

While we still don’t know whether the PS Vita exclusive JRPG Phantasy Star Nova will ever be localized for the west (and the chances might be slim from what Sega mentioned in the past), during the Phantasy Star Thanksgiving 2014 event held today in Tokyo an extensive video of the game’s character creation was showcased, giving us a detailed look on the options.

If you played Phantasy Star Online 2, you’ll probably feel right at home, with an enormous quantity of options available. The character models also lean heavily towards the sexy (if you’re into that kind of sexy, at least), with skimpy underwear and extreme breast jiggle physics.

Check it out just below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-QVrFLhzvU&list=UUF2OmH84XcsvRkgFTsIgAjA

Aldotsk
Jun 16, 2014, 06:10 PM
Graphics are a lot smoother than PSO2. Possible hint of next expansion to enhance it's graphics?

Gardios
Jun 16, 2014, 06:11 PM
The more I see of PSN, the more I want PSO2 VITA to be like it. Gimmeh that touch screen shortcut placement!

Z-0
Jun 16, 2014, 06:18 PM
If they don't overhaul PSO2V after Nova is released, I will be sorely disappointed.

Sacrificial
Jun 16, 2014, 06:25 PM
I ,so want those harpoons ;w;

the_importer_
Jun 16, 2014, 09:41 PM
Even for Japanese folks, they're were having way too much fun with the character's breast. I think that was a bit too much, and this is coming from a straight guy.

ShinMaruku
Jun 17, 2014, 12:01 AM
If they don't overhaul PSO2V after Nova is released, I will be sorely disappointed.

Since the game will be better than PSO2 why should it matter?

oratank
Jun 17, 2014, 12:07 AM

u don't think pso2v can handle full mpa pse burst with that graphic

Zyrusticae
Jun 17, 2014, 12:08 AM
Hmmmm, they could recolor a LOT more parts of the outfits than we can in PSO2... I wonder if we're going to have something like that down the line? Probably not, since that would mean they can't sell outfits with secondary color variations.

Aside from that, why did they move to pure sliders instead of the visual sliders we have in the game? The pure sliders are so much less intuitive than the visual sliders.

Gardios
Jun 17, 2014, 12:23 AM
u don't think pso2v can handle full mpa pse burst with that graphic

Probably wouldn't be a problem if all those effects weren't so over the top in the first place. :|

AlaskanKactus
Jun 17, 2014, 12:48 AM
Is it me or does Nova have better character models than PSO2? Also, that bloom is annoying as hell.

blace
Jun 17, 2014, 12:51 AM
Tri-Ace did a good job optimizing the game for the Vita, SEGA on the other hand.

ShinMaruku
Jun 17, 2014, 12:55 AM
Thus why would you want a upgrade to pso2 when psn will be the better game?

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 17, 2014, 01:18 AM
Is it me or does Nova have better character models than PSO2?
Exact same model

Enforcer MKV
Jun 17, 2014, 01:32 AM
Thus why would you want a upgrade to pso2 when psn will be the better game?

Primarily because I don't have a Vita/don't import games regularly. Also; being half-blind, playing on Handhelds with smaller screens isn't exactly...optimal for me.

ShinMaruku
Jun 17, 2014, 01:52 AM
Primarily because I don't have a Vita/don't import games regularly. Also; being half-blind, playing on Handhelds with smaller screens isn't exactly...optimal for me.

I am talking about the vita pso2 though :)

Gardios
Jun 17, 2014, 01:59 AM
I'd still play VITA PSO2 and would appreciate it not looking like a POS. >:

Zorafim
Jun 17, 2014, 01:59 AM
The weapons annoy me.

ShinMaruku
Jun 17, 2014, 02:02 AM
I'd still play VITA PSO2 and would appreciate it not looking like a POS. >:

Not with that dev team will you get that sadly.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 17, 2014, 02:28 AM
I am talking about the vita pso2 though :)

Well, you said pso2, not pso2v, so.... ;-)

No, but really, can we get a bit of a bump up for some of these character models. I mean they're better than PSU but that's not saying much, sheesh.