PDA

View Full Version : Discs are weird!

fruiteaterz
Jun 18, 2014, 04:54 AM
Recently i've started playing PSO2 and i really enjoy it. this is not the first mmorpg game that i've played (for instance tera, wow, diablo3 and aion) but i've never encountered such strange phenomena as the disc items. i have no clue what is the point of them let alone how to use them. i guess i'm doing sg wrong because my intuition tells me that they can somehow be equipped to my weapons =S
either way i'm in a bind and i would really appreciate if some1 would be kind enough to explain everything about discs ^.^

AlexCraig
Jun 18, 2014, 04:54 PM
This is for PSO2, right? If so, it was made in the wrong section, as this is for original PSO. Not an issue, though. I can move it if that's the case.

fruiteaterz
Jun 18, 2014, 06:08 PM
ah sorry, yes please move it. this is for PSO2

Edson Drake
Jun 18, 2014, 06:42 PM
In the original PSO, tech discs made a difference since they were harder to find(but you could actually buy them at higher levels in shops), but each level felt stronger.

In PSO2, you either need a lv10(usually enough) or 16. There's small power increments for the majority of PAs and Techs and lv16 for the majority of discs are easily obtainable.

Either way, it's one of the things I don't like in this game, but I don't know of a better system that could be used without copying another game. :/

Ezodagrom
Jun 18, 2014, 06:52 PM
Recently i've started playing PSO2 and i really enjoy it. this is not the first mmorpg game that i've played (for instance tera, wow, diablo3 and aion) but i've never encountered such strange phenomena as the disc items. i have no clue what is the point of them let alone how to use them. i guess i'm doing sg wrong because my intuition tells me that they can somehow be equipped to my weapons =S
either way i'm in a bind and i would really appreciate if some1 would be kind enough to explain everything about discs ^.^
Discs are pretty much skills that you can learn for your weapons, usually called Photon Arts.

You go into the inventory, click the disc and learn it. Once you learn it, you can go into either the equip menu (main menu, 2nd icon, 1st option) or the customize menu (main menu, 1st icon, 2nd option) to add the learned photon arts to the weapons (though each weapon type has its specific photon arts, with the exception of technic weapons).

Discs also have levels, the higher the level, the stronger the photon art is.

Sacrificial
Jun 18, 2014, 06:53 PM
using a disc requires a certain value of base stat depending on the type. melee = satk, ranged = ratk, techs= tatk
After using a disc you learn a photon art or tech depending which you used and those are basically your attack skills.

edit: ninja'd D;

fruiteaterz
Jun 19, 2014, 02:52 AM
thank you so much for the descriptions =)
i was about to sell them to the vendors but now i understand that they are actually essential and usable.