PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Future Update plans and announcement at the Osaka Event for PSO2

Sizustar
Jun 21, 2014, 04:28 PM
Since PSO-World is down..Here is the info from the Osaka Fan Festa

Osaka Event attendee get the same 2014 T-shirt ingame, and the Osaka shopping district Mascot Room item and Accessory
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/zcgI03w.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

New planet and it's denzion, White nation people are 2x Ark's height, Black nation are 3~4x Ark height[SPOILER-BOX]

http://i.imgur.com/g8HCg3U.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

You start on White planet, to protect an invasion from Black planet
The black nation will also utilize miasma(If you read or watch yokai related serie, might be familiar with this concept) That Ark can purify it and fight together with the White nation
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/Lairx66.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Elder Double utilize a toy type Darker compared to Apprentice Bug, Loser's Bird, There is also a new type of Ice Titan Darker
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/mOhcU5a.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Announcements from the Osaka Fan festa event
Sakai and KMR explain the current situation for PSO2

- There is no perfect guard against DDOS

- DDOS won't last long(Not sure of source)

- Server will be reopened, compensation, and Premium time will be given in one form or another

- DDOS is not the same as Hacking, and not to worry about Player data.

- Please follow official twitter for more announcement

Game future update

- Accessory position editing will most likely not cost AC after player response

- Episode 3 size will be 7G total<This might be for Vita version>

- Added feature that you can see MPA on map too, beside party members.

Movement Speed change

- In the future, movement speed will have a normal speed and top speed(After running a short while) Top speed will be the same speed as Step Cancel

- There is no plan to change or edit Step cancel, it is still a viable strategy for short term movement, for long range, just run till Top Speed

Other Tidbit

- Jet Boot depends on T-Atk for it's normal and PA

- Dual Blade depends on S-Atk for it's normal and PA

- Some of Jet Boot's PA will have S-atk influence like Br Bow PA, Kamikaze

Time Attack
- Episode 3 will have new TA

- Klotho's TA will have change - *This is one that is talked alot* Amount earned will be toned down to 40% of current amount(So VH/SH TA used to be 600k, will now be 240k) They might increase money earned from other Daily and NPC Quest too. And Sega also say, if you play well for a full day, you can earn the old TA same amount, Reaction to this has not been positive, so this might change again.

- Virtual on Collab, if reaction is good, they might do Part II with more mechs from Virtual on, similiar to the Shining serie Collab

- All balance change for all class will be announced prior to Episode 3 release

Waraiwarai
Jun 21, 2014, 04:29 PM
Toy Darkers =Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Dsitance
TACO update = Rip Money

PokeminMaster
Jun 21, 2014, 04:30 PM
Quick note, white side and black side, there's only one planet :3

Sanada Yukimura
Jun 21, 2014, 04:32 PM
Hmm Jet boots are T-atk dependent? Thats interesting to say the least. From the looks of the vid I thought it would be S-atk based. Then again the vid did show technics being cast so eh. Pretty cool though.

strikerhunter
Jun 21, 2014, 04:40 PM
Toy Darkers?..........welp you know I'm never going to visit my old toy box ever again..............

TACO mesta changes? meh I can care less since I don't TA much but it will either do good or bad to the economy. At least Arksenth can brag more about others being poor :D

Movement speed? bout dam time they started addressing it.

Edit: The new planet sounds a bit racist with white and black nation.....Yea I know Yin-Yang but still..........

Aussei
Jun 21, 2014, 04:42 PM
Quick note, white side and black side, there's only one planet :3

It like the yin yang symbol! It's really cool. It's like symbolizing unity and oneness. `___`

Sizustar
Jun 21, 2014, 04:42 PM
Toy Darkers =Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Dsitance
TACO update = Rip Money

From what I understand, they want player to play more then just TA. But also not Easy for RMTer to cheat and make money like early with unlimited MPA

It start first with 12 person MPA that lasted forever(They later tweaked that monster will only spawn in a MPA for..3~4 hour) and reduced the money earned from selling drops. Player response was that it's impossible to earn money then, so Sega added Klotho's TA(Not alot of Bot/RMTer are doing Daily TA, compared to farming MPA)

So currently by what they say during the announcement, they reduce TA(It can still earn money) but also increase payout from Dailly order, and Franka meat ando ther quest. They want player to play together and interact with each other, not just sitting in lobby. SHTA 2/4.

Xaeris
Jun 21, 2014, 04:48 PM
Loving that run speed change. Keeps quad/penta dashing viable for the people who need to have that gate separating them from the peasants while letting the rest of us use auto-run for general use.

And this compensation had best be epic. Tri-Boosts are fine for extended maintenance, but for a weekend long outage, I'm looking to be impressed.

Z-0
Jun 21, 2014, 04:54 PM
Always hated TACOs. Do your TAs once a day, around the same time each day, put aside a couple of hours each day, if you want to keep your money up guaranteed (of course, if you're not looking into marketing, which is always superior to TAs).

Feels like a chore, and after a while it's not fun, even if you do enjoy going fast on the TA maps.

I wish they'd give other incentives to do TA, and perhaps more incentives than just "once a day", because I'd love to play them, but there's hardly any reason to, apart from prepare for Interrupt Rankings which never happen anymore.

cheapgunner
Jun 21, 2014, 05:19 PM
I believe they need to have client orders like Hanz' Forest ones for VH/SH status and up the pay/xp for COs like them all around the ship. Not just tack on 70 kill COs for each area and giving little amounts of meseta for each.

Also, add a option in campship to turn in COs from npc's while running a quest and letting you drop n grab them without having to exit campship and return. I know I'd love to go through Han'z COs without having to return to him in person each and every return.

GoldenFalcon
Jun 21, 2014, 05:21 PM
I wish the TACOs were nerfed to reset weekly instead of this payout thing making them a bad chore

Rakurai
Jun 21, 2014, 05:25 PM
I'm interested in seeing what the toy Darker bosses will look like, or Dark Falz Double's battle form, for that matter.

I'm also curious as to whether or not they're going to have Ice as their secondary weakness.

Valimer
Jun 25, 2014, 11:50 AM
Wow, they wanted to charge AC to adjust accessory placement? xD what a joke.

Can't wait to see the economy freak out when they nerf the TAs.

UnLucky
Jun 25, 2014, 11:53 AM
Withdraw all your funds, the banks can't be trusted!

Market crash! Market crash!

Xaelouse
Jun 25, 2014, 12:04 PM
Wow, they wanted to charge AC to adjust accessory placement? xD what a joke.

Can't wait to see the economy freak out when they nerf the TAs.

no freak out
Just people being less willing to buy 5 mil light element changers

SilenWhisper
Jun 25, 2014, 12:19 PM
Episode 3 size will be 7G total

Punisher106
Jun 25, 2014, 12:35 PM
...WELP. Looks like I'm not going to be able to grind jack diddly any time soon. TACOs are really my only source of income, and Segac has to take that away. Fucking...

Gardios
Jun 25, 2014, 12:43 PM
Really need to buy a 32/64 GB card for VITA.

Valimer
Jun 25, 2014, 12:46 PM
no freak out
Just people being less willing to buy 5 mil light element changers

Sucks for the people who can't go back in and adjust their prices.

Edson Drake
Jun 25, 2014, 12:48 PM
Yes, with 4 chars I was doing SH, and H Tacos almost daily, so this is quite a hit to me.

Let's hope they increase our earnings somewhere else, becase Tacos are tedious as hell, but at least it was a viable income.

UnLucky
Jun 25, 2014, 12:54 PM
Maybe if XQs didn't require passes I'd be OK with diet TACOs

Maenara
Jun 25, 2014, 01:13 PM
How to replace TACOs: Infinite MBD with one tower, infinite waves, enemy levels rise by one per wave, item drops don't change with level, always the same as the difficulty you started the mission on, receive meseta based on starting difficulty and how many waves cleared.

XrosBlader821
Jun 25, 2014, 03:57 PM
- Added feature that you can see MPA on map too, beside party members.
why wasn't this included earlier?

Movement Speed change

- In the future, movement speed will have a normal speed and top speed(After running a short while) Top speed will be the same speed as Step Cancel
Good, my Shoulder button can rest now.

Time Attack
- Episode 3 will have new TA

- Klotho's TA will have change - *This is one that is talked alot* Amount earned will be toned down to 40% of current amount(So VH/SH TA used to be 600k, will now be 240k) They might increase money earned from other Daily and NPC Quest too. And Sega also say, if you play well for a full day, you can earn the old TA same amount, Reaction to this has not been positive, so this might change again.
So if I play well for a full day I can get the same money as I would with 1-2 Hours Taco's? Great!

- All balance change for all class will be announced prior to Episode 3 release
The only thing left that could make me prevent from switching to Bouncer.
I hope this is something good.

GHNeko
Jun 25, 2014, 05:04 PM
Good @ TAs.

"Will TTF for Meseta"

TAspam pls go away.

I'd rather a bunch of COs give me TACO earnings in 1-2 hours than spam TACOs all the damn time.

And put some decent cooldown on the COs so you have to branch out and do a variety of COs instead of the same 20. You're going to eventually cycle, but it'd still be a lot better that way imo.

UnLucky
Jun 25, 2014, 05:21 PM
1-2 hours from random questing is pretty optimistic considering they mentioned running for a full day as the new equivalent for TACOs. Including the newly gutted TACOs themselves.

Current CO rewards would have to be adjusted anywhere from 10 to 100x their current meseta payout to achieve that.

Skyly
Jun 25, 2014, 05:41 PM
I hear there wasn't a good reaction to the TA nerf so they might not do it. They might just decrease the amount but not to 240k.

The TA nerf is godly retarded. BAD MOVE SEGA BAD MOVE. The marker will crash but I wonder how long will it take for it to readjust itself?

GHNeko
Jun 25, 2014, 05:59 PM
1-2 hours from random questing is pretty optimistic considering they mentioned running for a full day as the new equivalent for TACOs. Including the newly gutted TACOs themselves.

Current CO rewards would have to be adjusted anywhere from 10 to 100x their current meseta payout to achieve that.

Yeah sorry about that.

But essentially, you feel where I'm coming from.

SEGA wants our in-game paychecks to be spread out amongst the "content" which is fucking fair and is, in my opinion, a better idea then consolidating it into a group of TA quests that we've all run thousands of times and can knock out as if it's a chore along the lines of "put the dog out at night."

It wasn't a bad idea at start, because the time it took to run TAs back then was greater then what it takes now, so the effort:reward ratio was less nonsensical.

Now-a-days, it's totally out of wack. Gains like those should be more frequently obtained by naturally playing the game, which is what I assume to be a reason why COs even exist.

ShinMaruku
Jun 25, 2014, 06:00 PM
They are gonna back out of that TACO thing once the bitching reaches a fever pitch.

GHNeko
Jun 25, 2014, 06:48 PM
This is one thing I wish they had balls for.

Natsu Nem
Jun 25, 2014, 07:24 PM
In it's current form, the TA changes are absolutely horrid in my case. I have multiple characters and play nearly every class available in the game. Once implemented, the change will reduce my income from 2.4m Meseta maximum to the average of 600k daily if playing for most of the day. Each weapon I have took around 8-21m Meseta to affix/grind/50 element. In these conditions, it would take two to three weeks to grind/affix one weapon.

Since I play multiple classes including a rainbow set FO, guess as to how long it would take to gear those classes up.

Valimer
Jun 25, 2014, 07:39 PM
I wish TAs didn't give any money at all and it was just a purely competitive thing to do.

Shadowth117
Jun 25, 2014, 07:46 PM
I wish TAs didn't give any money at all and it was just a purely competitive thing to do.

They need some kind of monetary reward for people, though tacos aren't the answer. In PSU, you had special end box drops in most missions to work for. Even if you didn't get the best things of course, you generally got enough monetary gain from crap drops to make it worth your time over a long period with various things like material drops and AMP from missions. The pay out for quality would then exist in more chances at good drops as well as more general crap drops to npc for capital.

Edson Drake
Jun 25, 2014, 07:51 PM
As much as I wouldn't like a huge nerf like this, it would be nice if Sega handled this the right way, that is, nerf Tacos by making it weekly instead and buffing greatly our earnings by normal questing.

Make Mesetan appear more often, or some PSE Burst-alike mechanic that spawns a Mesetan. Monster drops more meseta and boxes also drop far more Meseta than before.

RMT bots? Well, I guess they have that under control now right? China is IP blocked and all that, why do we have so few Meseta outside of Tacos to this day?

Sp-24
Jun 25, 2014, 07:55 PM
They need some kind of monetary reward for people, though tacos aren't the answer. In PSU, you had special end box drops in most missions to work for. Even if you didn't get the best things of course, you generally got enough monetary gain from crap drops to make it worth your time over a long period with various things like material drops and AMP from missions. The pay out for quality would then exist in more chances at good drops as well as more general crap drops to npc for capital.
The reason behind TAs the way they are now is to throttle the meseta income for everyone (who doesn't have premium) to roughly the same amount, whether they play for an hour per day or 24/7, only going to bathroom during the weekly maintenance.

PSU, with all of its many faults, did do missions somewhat right, but I wonder if the same thing would work in PSO2, with crafting is gone, and Doodoo being your only money sink until Monica and new crafting have arrived. The whole point was to make the game more newbie-friendly, after all, and you can't do that if your game allows hardcore audience to be leagues ahead of regular populace.

SakoHaruo
Jun 25, 2014, 08:23 PM
Well I wont have any problems finding TACO groups during EQs up until the Episode 3 release. o3o

This is good imo. I can get them done much quicker now.

pkemr4
Jun 25, 2014, 08:32 PM
i really hope they dont nerf tacos

n_n
Jun 25, 2014, 08:54 PM
I'm fine with the TACO nerf, but only if they're going to buff the rewards from other quests. I don't like how the game is just daily TACOs and then idle in the lobby until an EQ occurs. Nothing else seems worth doing at this time. :(

XrosBlader821
Jun 25, 2014, 09:37 PM
If they Buff Meseta rewards for all Co's this might be a really good change but, as far as I know sega, it probably isn't. Imo they should buff the enemy Meseta drop amount. I'm really tired of picking up single Meseta coins.

Xaelouse
Jun 25, 2014, 09:50 PM
They are gonna back out of that TACO thing once the bitching reaches a fever pitch.

This is one of the few things I'm really hoping they dont cave in to pressure for, as this gives them plenty of room to make the game desirable in other areas. The current market is retarded anyway so nothing will be lost. This move will piss off non-NEETs though, but still.

Sp-24
Jun 25, 2014, 10:57 PM
There's no "still" when you are going to hurt what just may be your key audience. There is a "...Why?". Instead of making people grind the same tiresome pointless quests for an hour, you're essentially making them grind more tiresome pointless RNG-ridden quests for much longer. The game won't suddenly become more desirable and interesting if, instead of finishing a TA, your main meseta sources were, say, Hans', Franka's or Clessida's COs and daily orders. Nor will the market suddenly fix its mental disabilities, since, whatever caused them, I'm almost 100% certain that it was something other than Crotto and his TA orders.

That's unless they only increase meseta rewards for SHAQs and XQs after the TA nerf, which is even worse, and thus most likely exactly what they have in mind.

Sgt. Sharina Wize
Jun 25, 2014, 11:03 PM
Now I wouldn't mind if sega nerf tacos, If they made some of the COs in the game give the same amount of meseta but knowing them there not going to do that. "It's always fix one thing and break another".:-?
But seriously, That would kill any chances of them getting any new players in this game, I mean how in the world are they going to afford to upgrade and Affix there equipment. if they can't to deal with Dudu and Monica when they turn on their "FAIL SPAM MODE"?:nono::disapprove:

Cyber Meteor
Jun 26, 2014, 05:31 AM
If I remember correctly, they plan to nerf TACO and buff Franka's CO and Daily Order while the others remained untouched (or they haven't decided what to do with them). About that "a full day of playing to get same amount" I heavily doubt it meant 24 hous of playing or even 12, in fact I think it would be something close to 4 or 5 hours of playing.

Houten
Jun 26, 2014, 08:51 AM
I'd like them to boost E-Trials meseta rewards too, but seems like we are still going to make lot less meseta/hour.

Meji
Jun 26, 2014, 09:03 AM
Might as well post it in here as well for those interested.

Went to the Osaka event, had a blast! Here's some photos for you guys (https://www.flickr.com/photos/emilmeijer/sets/72157644871472147/).

Shiyo
Jun 26, 2014, 09:17 AM
I want to be able to make money without relying on FUN/premium or TACO's. Doing the same 5 TA's everyday is zero fun, TA's are the worst content in the game and most boring simply because they're scripted and never change.

Hopefully they nerf TACO's but allow us to make the same amount of money in a reasonable amount of time(no, playing all day for same money of 1-2 hours of taco's isn't reasonable).

If I remember correctly, they plan to nerf TACO and buff Franka's CO and Daily Order while the others remained untouched (or they haven't decided what to do with them). About that "a full day of playing to get same amount" I heavily doubt it meant 24 hous of playing or even 12, in fact I think it would be something close to 4 or 5 hours of playing.

It would be really nice if I could do the dailies everyday and get as much money as doing TACO's. They're different, not on scripted maps, and rotate every day. Would be a fantastic change imo.

Zyrusticae
Jun 26, 2014, 09:33 AM
Now I wouldn't mind if sega nerf tacos, If they made some of the COs in the game give the same amount of meseta but knowing them there not going to do that. "It's always fix one thing and break another".:-?
But seriously, That would kill any chances of them getting any new players in this game, I mean how in the world are they going to afford to upgrade and Affix there equipment. if they can't to deal with Dudu and Monica when they turn on their "FAIL SPAM MODE"?:nono::disapprove:
This is a good question.

In all honesty, grinding and affixing could use (yet another) price nerf. With failure rates being as high as they are, nerfing the income would really necessitate a nerf to the meseta sinks as well. I can only hope they're smart about this (haha, it's SEGA, I know...).