PDA

View Full Version : Nab II TA - Someone explain this shit

Ordy
Jun 25, 2014, 04:42 PM
What, why, how could this happen? That looks like witchery/bug exploit to me. Anybody tried? Japan only because lolfuckyouping?

I was aware of the Cluster Bullet spawn kill but this? ∑(;°Д°)

Here is the video:
starts at 0:15 ends at 0:22 http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23583978

The Walrus
Jun 25, 2014, 04:43 PM
gg sega

Asuka~
Jun 25, 2014, 04:44 PM
What, why, how could this happen? That looks like witchery/bug exploit to me. Anybody tried? Japan only because lolfuckyouping?

I was aware of the Cluster Bullet spawn kill but this? ∑(;°Д°)

Here is the video:
starts at 0:15 ends at 0:22 http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23583978
Seems like they have really good ping (JP probably) to be able to kill the Garongo's that spawn during that Satellite Cannon chain! Take that, Aginis! I've seen other videos where someone does the same with the RNG fist (IIRC), as well as using Il Foie. Also, I can just about make the Garongo's spawn (assuming I'm in a party with people who have low ping I guess) on a good day with my ping since it likes to spike up (300+ to God knows how much). I haven't tried using Satellite Cannon though. I did try it using Assault Buster and Hatou Rindou, but that's about it.

ReverseSeraf
Jun 25, 2014, 05:02 PM
The hitbox for Satellite Cannon does last for quite a bit (probably longer than Cluster Bullet). And by the sound coming from the video, it seems like all those hits were headshots. Given Gunner's skill (Zero Range Advance) and the potential of Arao Cylinder, it'd definitely be a one-shot kill.

UnLucky
Jun 25, 2014, 05:05 PM
The mobs technically all spawn above that center point and fan outward to where you actually see them appear.

A really strange quirk that can be abused as in that video. A good ping isn't necessary, but it certainly helps to spawn kill everything in one shot.

Asuka~
Jun 25, 2014, 05:06 PM
The hitbox for Satellite Cannon does last for quite a bit (probably longer than Cluster Bullet). And by the sound coming from the video, it seems like all those hits were headshots. Given Gunner's skill (Zero Range Advance) and the potential of Arao Cylinder, it'd definitely be a one-shot kill.
Yeah, it's something I'd like to try out when the servers are online again! Sounds like a plan, right? Right!?!?

btw-Niji
Jun 25, 2014, 05:07 PM
It's kind of hard to explain, but if you stand close to the rock in the middle of the room, the next spawn (Aignis in this case) will not appear until you move away from it. And in case it's not known, for a split second, all enemy hit boxes are placed in the center of the room just before spawn animation... it's a bug with the quest.

Basically, that player cleared the 1st spawn while standing next to that rock, then they set up Satellite Cannon and finally moved away from the rock after firing to let the next spawn happen, effectively chaining Aignis>Big Gulf&Za Oodan>Garongos with that attack.

You need to live in Japan to achieve this.

Ordy
Jun 25, 2014, 05:08 PM
SC isn't the issue there, of course it will kill them don't even need to headshot.

Shooting a rock, to kill mobs that should spawn all around you? That's bullshit.

Edit: Thanks for the explanation Niji

Skyly
Jun 25, 2014, 05:11 PM
Can't watch

ReverseSeraf
Jun 25, 2014, 05:14 PM
Can't watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq4Pn-b4Q88&list=UUp1ne1pbaBrwNCb9S7xR27w

Here's a Youtube version. Different person, but.. pretty much the same thing

sesshymon
Jun 25, 2014, 05:16 PM
So from what I see here, all the monsters spawn from the center?

Bellion
Jun 25, 2014, 05:17 PM
The hitboxes all start from the center and then switch to where they spawn visually.

btw-Niji
Jun 25, 2014, 05:17 PM
So from what I see here, all the monsters spawn from the center?
For a split second, enemy hit boxes are at the center of the room. It's a bug.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 25, 2014, 05:21 PM
SEGA will say its a feature

Sayara
Jun 25, 2014, 05:35 PM
Im more concerned over how everything just instant gibs at Ragne.
What the actual fuck

Skyly
Jun 25, 2014, 05:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq4Pn-b4Q88&list=UUp1ne1pbaBrwNCb9S7xR27w

Here's a Youtube version. Different person, but.. pretty much the same thing

muchos gracias

Esofor
Jun 25, 2014, 05:51 PM
this is stupid

how long has this been there?

n_n
Jun 25, 2014, 06:01 PM
Im more concerned over how everything just instant gibs at Ragne.
What the actual fuck
that would be the work of nifta strats (pulling everything into 1 spot) and banish arrow+last nemesis. :p

Yden
Jun 25, 2014, 06:19 PM
For a split second, enemy hit boxes are at the center of the room. It's a bug.

It might not be a bug but just a limitation on how the engine works when it comes to making the exact same things spawn in the same areas.

Kumichan
Jun 25, 2014, 06:29 PM
Nab II is not the only quest where this "bug" happens.

Sayara
Jun 25, 2014, 06:39 PM
Oh god the Banish Arrow triggers off of Nifta as well? God damn it

Edson Drake
Jun 25, 2014, 07:25 PM
I always thought something was off when the Garongos spawned in NabII.

My ping won't let me spawn kill them, but at least now I know what is wrong.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 25, 2014, 08:28 PM
Yeah that technique isn't anything new. You can do it with cluster bullet, ilfoie, etc because as someone said earlier, the mobs technically spawn in the middle

On that note, i believe the dragonkin in sanctum's 4 box deathmatch may technically spawn in the middle, but I'm not totally sure (i think i inadvertently hatoued and instantly killed my, and my teammate's pendrans once).