PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Latency/Ping

Skyly
Jun 25, 2014, 11:34 PM
Anyway to check it? Of course not directly to the server but something to get a rough estimate.

ReverseSeraf
Jun 25, 2014, 11:37 PM
Go to your cmd window, and type "ping yahoo.jp" or something like that

It'll give you a rough estimate

Sp-24
Jun 25, 2014, 11:51 PM
Last time I tried pinging the servers directly, they refused my packets, so it looks like they did do some basic stuff to minimize DDoS threat. Which also meant that I couldn't find out my latency.

You can try tracing the route to player's site, as it will list pings from each of the main nodes, all the way to Japan (where my ping spikes). And, since Japan is supposed to have very good internet, it's probably a few milliseconds difference at most. So, this should be a sufficient estimate, despite the fact that player's site itself refuses any ping requests.

Skyly
Jun 25, 2014, 11:53 PM
Go to your cmd window, and type "ping yahoo.jp" or something like that

It'll give you a rough estimate

Looks like I'm looking at 138ms @ yahoo.jp
Would you happen to know the latency of people who run TAs?

EDIT: I just tried to ping pso2.jp [210.129.153.233] and got 'Request timed out'

Sp-24
Jun 25, 2014, 11:57 PM
Try tracert instead. Mind you, pso2.jp will still time out, but it's closest network node won't.

Dammy
Jun 26, 2014, 12:00 AM
138 ping with Japan? thats a good one, 320 ms here

Skyly
Jun 26, 2014, 12:23 AM
Try tracert instead. Mind you, pso2.jp will still time out, but it's closest network node won't.

tracert?

138 ping with Japan? thats a good one, 320 ms here

I live in SoCal. Idk if it matters or not.

Sp-24
Jun 26, 2014, 12:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/h7qVn0s.png

It looks something like that.

And yes, of course your location matters. My connection goes through USA, so you bet there's a reason why I cropped the rest of the route in that picture. The final result isn't exactly as great as 138 ms.

EDIT: With that said, there was little difference between the trace results for yahoo.co.jp and pso2.jp, so only do this if you are really bored without PSO2.