PDA

View Full Version : The What Do You Think We'll Get For the Downtime Thread

gaijin_punch
Jun 26, 2014, 01:18 AM
Realistic predictions please. Premium Set extended for total number of days down is a given. A handful of triboosts isn't going to cut it though.

My guess would be something like
Extreme Pass: 1 for each down day
Ex Cubes: 10
Triboost + 100%: 5
Rare Drop +250%: 3

ShawnLeeGuku
Jun 26, 2014, 01:20 AM
Here's hoping Premium users get adequate compensation.

Shinamori
Jun 26, 2014, 01:20 AM
Non-Premium
1x Tri-Booster

Premium:
3x 3day Premium

Personally? I'd rather have Meseta injected into my account.

Arksenth
Jun 26, 2014, 01:23 AM
A golden statue of the Prettiest Idol, Conspire-chan, permanently installed in the lobby.

Move over, Kuna! You're so last year!

Sp-24
Jun 26, 2014, 01:26 AM
Sega's way ahead of you. Kuna is already replaced by vocaloiders in episode 3.

Sizustar
Jun 26, 2014, 01:27 AM
For premium user, Premium pass for the total down time, rare drop, Excube and grinder stuff?
Maybe fun point tickets too

If Sega wants to suprise people. AC scratch tickets

Sega's way ahead of you. Kuna is already replaced by vocaloiders in episode 3.

No, she's getting new songs for the Character CD and ingame, they just haven't recorded it yet.

Evangelion X.XX
Jun 26, 2014, 01:27 AM
Non-Premimum and Premium: 2x 250% RDR & 2x Tri-Boost.

Premium: 1x Premium Ticket per day PSO2 JP Servers were down.

Arksenth
Jun 26, 2014, 01:28 AM
Honestly, though, this is the most drastically it's crashed for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to give us something major, like a 200% XP + Rare Drop event for a week or something.

Sizustar
Jun 26, 2014, 01:36 AM
Honestly, though, this is the most drastically it's crashed for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to give us something major, like a 200% XP + Rare Drop event for a week or something.

Increase DUDU's rate too~

Edson Drake
Jun 26, 2014, 01:57 AM
My Premium expired today, I hope I receive the proper compensation for this, but like, not really expecting more than some tickets.

I would love weeks and weeks of 200% boosts for all quests as I believe it's the right thing for all of us. And, extend the LQ active time as well.

Rien
Jun 26, 2014, 01:59 AM
Premiums extended by time equal to server downtime

everyone gets triboosts

AzureBlaze
Jun 26, 2014, 02:08 AM
Why should there be compensation?
Aside from refunding or extending the premium people who paid money for TIME that the game took away from them when it went down, why does Sega feel it owes anyone anything? Why does anyone feel they are owed things because of an un-prevent-able incident?

From what I understand:
DDOS is un-prevent-able
DDOS is run by badguys who hate the game for some reason
There isn't anything Sega could do

Its like, what if a meteor flew down and hit their server? How is that their fault and they should have to give everyone prizes or apologize? It isn't. People who paid for time & lost it get compensated but unless there's some hidden irresponsibility factor here where they were incompetent or something, how are they guilty ?

This isn't like how they ruined PSU in the USA by miscoding the xbox version, or that time when they completely totaled "max attack" (or whatever that ranked contest was) & then extended it for like 2 months in lieu of new content which created the first mass exodus off that game. That's a clear cut "They were being bad"...this seems to be they are instead the victim.

moorebounce
Jun 26, 2014, 02:35 AM
Here's hoping Premium users get adequate compensation.

Yeah and then some. They need to make it rain for us Premium users.

Aside from refunding or extending the premium people who paid money for TIME that the game took away from them when it went down, why does Sega feel it owes anyone anything? Why does anyone feel they are owed things because of an un-prevent-able incident?

From what I understand:
DDOS is un-prevent-able

Its like, what if a meteor flew down and hit their server? How is that their fault and they should have to give everyone prizes or apologize? It isn't. People who paid for time & lost it get compensated but unless there's some hidden irresponsibility factor here where they were incompetent or something, how are they guilty ?

This isn't like how they ruined PSU in the USA by miscoding the xbox version, or that time when they completely totaled "max attack" (or whatever that ranked contest was) & then extended it for like 2 months in lieu of new content which created the first mass exodus off that game. That's a clear cut "They were being bad"...this seems to be they are instead the victim.

Last time I checked this isn't an act of god and let's just say it was caused by an act of god. if you want people to come back to your game and keep "spending their money" on your game you better come up with something to make them feel special. It's called doing good business. People who think like you find themselves out of business.

Skyly
Jun 26, 2014, 02:40 AM
Casuals will get a couple tri booster and ability/grind success
Obviously prem members will get their prem extended + whatever casuals get
I'm not expecting anything OMG amazing like they did for the people who didn't login for the past month rofl.

gaijin_punch
Jun 26, 2014, 02:48 AM

This actually wakes way more sense than a bunch of items. Just give us another boost week and I'm sure most people would be happy. Of course, boost weeks are way ,way better when you can prepare for them.

SakoHaruo
Jun 26, 2014, 02:53 AM
20% grind week incoming

time to 7s

gaijin_punch
Jun 26, 2014, 02:54 AM

B/c it's how business works.

From what I understand:
DDOS is un-prevent-able

It's a computer: anything is preventable (Google is your friend). Obviously... they're putting in counter measures now. If not, they'd just shut down the whole game and turn away a lot of money. Online gaming in general would stop if there was no way around. So yeah, that's not the case. The big question would be whether this piece of the puzzle was outsourced in development, or if the machines are colocated in a data center they don't manage, whether that data center offered them DDoS protection and failed to do so.

So yeah, does Sega owe anyone anything? Of course not. Are they going to compensate users for unscheduled downtime. Of course. If you get a reputation for having a shit network that goes down and not making it up to your users in some way, you lose users. It's in their best efforts to keep their users happy. Business 101. Middle School business, actually.

EDIT: Basically what moorebounce said.

Xaeris
Jun 26, 2014, 02:55 AM
Why should there be compensation? Because it's good business sense. It costs them quite literally nothing to throw some excubes, tri-boosters, extreme passes and whatever else into our inventories. In exchange, they get to repair some of the enmity generated by this event. Consider the following:

- A week long disruption in many a gamer's routine has sent them looking for other games to fill the void, quite possibly even after PSO2 comes back.

- Said week long disruption has pushed back their content schedule, further raising the possibility for churn.

- An attack that Sega has been seemingly helpless to combat will leave some wondering if their financial details can be trusted with Sega, potentially reducing AC purchasing.

Is this event their fault? Are these fears justified? Debatable and, more importantly, irrelevant. This event has undoubtedly harmed faith and interest in the game and they're the only ones in a position to ameliorate that situation. You can argue that Sega would be perfectly justified in handing out nothing but 1-Day Premium passes to Premium users for the exact amount of days lost and nothing more. But I think Sega would much rather appear some virtual items out of thin air and hand them out like candy to restore any amount of community faith they can.

strikerhunter
Jun 26, 2014, 02:57 AM
20% affix week incoming

time to 7s

Fixed*

Shiyo
Jun 26, 2014, 03:01 AM
We better get an extreme pass for everyday the server was down and prem players should have their prem extended for the amount of days it was down.

Nothing else is really that important, a time-gated once a day pass and monthly sub should be compensated for 100% of the time if they want to keep people happy. Other stuff can be thrown in randomly if they want to be nice, but those two things are the most important and mandatory.

SakoHaruo
Jun 26, 2014, 03:05 AM
Fixed*

I agree. But, I also need to +40 a few 11* D:

20% Grind/Affix Boost Week sounds much better. I'd take that over extended prem membership any day.

Halikus
Jun 26, 2014, 03:23 AM
Minimum I'd expect to receive is premium passes for every day there was downtime, extreme passes for the missed days, 1k fun for every lost day. Id expect that as a miniumum as thats what I have missed out on due to the downtime. Sega can than add a package of items as an apology.

ArataWata
Jun 26, 2014, 03:34 AM
IP ban.

gaijin_punch
Jun 26, 2014, 04:32 AM
I agree. But, I also need to +40 a few 11* D:

20% Grind/Affix Boost Week sounds much better. I'd take that over extended prem membership any day.

I need to affix stuff. Hopefully we'll have 2-3 weeks to prepare though as fodder will be crazy expensive during the week. My guess is if they decide to do boosts, everything will at one time or another get boosted in order to appease everyone. Seems everyone wants something different. The other option would be something in a badge system where you get X badges and can turn them in for whatever, but that would be extra coding and probably not worth it in the long run.

Maenara
Jun 26, 2014, 04:57 AM
IP ban.

That's some damn good compensation.

Vetur
Jun 26, 2014, 05:03 AM
Honestly I don't expect anything other than possibly premium compensation(hopefully) and maybe some small thing, since it wasn't something they caused.
Well, then again it does make sense that they'd want all their players to keep playing(especially since this much down time caused people to get addicted to other games), so I guess I can see them giving some more things to encourage them back.
This is assuming they don't IP ban us, which I lean toward them not doing... Hopefully.

Shinamori
Jun 26, 2014, 05:18 AM
I doubt it, since they don't know who did the attack anyway. IP Ban would have little effect anyway.

Chdata
Jun 26, 2014, 06:16 AM
A limited edition once in your lifetime: IP Ban!

Shinamori
Jun 26, 2014, 06:54 AM
Now, now, Chdata. Don't scare the children.

Amberpelt
Jun 26, 2014, 10:06 AM
A golden statue of the Prettiest Idol, Conspire-chan, permanently installed in the lobby.

Move over, Kuna! You're so last year!

Kuna wins.
plus she can kill you. its in her job description

BlankM
Jun 26, 2014, 10:18 AM
Why should there be compensation? Because it's good business sense. It costs them quite literally nothing to throw some excubes, tri-boosters, extreme passes and whatever else into our inventories. In exchange, they get to repair some of the enmity generated by this event. Consider the following:

- A week long disruption in many a gamer's routine has sent them looking for other games to fill the void, quite possibly even after PSO2 comes back.

- Said week long disruption has pushed back their content schedule, further raising the possibility for churn.

- An attack that Sega has been seemingly helpless to combat will leave some wondering if their financial details can be trusted with Sega, potentially reducing AC purchasing.

Is this event their fault? Are these fears justified? Debatable and, more importantly, irrelevant. This event has undoubtedly harmed faith and interest in the game and they're the only ones in a position to ameliorate that situation. You can argue that Sega would be perfectly justified in handing out nothing but 1-Day Premium passes to Premium users for the exact amount of days lost and nothing more. But I think Sega would much rather appear some virtual items out of thin air and hand them out like candy to restore any amount of community faith they can.

Not to mention the momentum it killed from that episode 3 announcement. I can only imagine the money they're losing. And AC purchasing won't be up right away, even while the servers are up. So even if we wanted to get more premium we wouldn't be able to.

Its your move SEGA...

Asellus
Jun 26, 2014, 10:25 AM
AC would be nice.

SilkaN
Jun 26, 2014, 10:43 AM
Special cakes.

Erza
Jun 26, 2014, 10:44 AM
1x ticket for a bowel cleaning

UnLucky
Jun 26, 2014, 11:15 AM
Set the server to 5x rates across the board for a week, including CO rewards and Dudu, plus enable Premium status for everyone like in the beta.

Anything less and it doesn't make up for lost time. In the past week, anybody could have up to 450% RDR just from booster tickets alone, so even if Sega did a +300% event the max you can stack would only be 850%. Considering an additional week would effectively amount to 900% drop rate over the full period, it's up to Sega to make up for lost time.

If it's just a standard Tribooster, then that doesn't even account for possible daily CO rewards. They could set the meseta drop rate to 1000x and I'd still make more from TACOs than farming any area in the game besides XQs, which I have been unable to accrue the passes for thanks to the servers being down. This entire time I could have done one XQ run with 300% MST and 600k from TACOs per character per day.

What if there's no Falz Arms or I don't find a Kazuchi? Twice the amount of time means I have a better chance to encounter those with 275% experience. Even if they run a 3x experience event (up to 475% with tickets), I could still easily gain much more total exp just by playing twice as long.

Then send out a voucher to every character's event storage which lets you waive one AC purchase. So any one item from the shop, one use at the various NPCs, one try or bundle of AC scratch cards, or reviving once mid mission. Basically any warning popup so long as you have the item in your inventory and hit confirm.

Otherwise it's not even worth coming back. All it would mean is Sega doesn't care about its playerbase besides their wallets, and your time is much better spent elsewhere.

Skyly HUmar
Jun 26, 2014, 11:39 AM
I wager it will be a handful of pocket lint and a rubber band.

Gama
Jun 26, 2014, 12:01 PM
Prem:

3x Triboosters
3x 250% Rare drop rate ticket
1 day premium pass for each down day.

Non Prem:

3x Triboosters
1x 250% Rare drop rate ticket
1 day premium pass.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 26, 2014, 12:32 PM
This is shaping up to be the... 3rd, or 4th time they'll give non-premium users 1 day premium tickets I'm fairly sure. Have a stash of 11* ready for it.

UnLucky
Jun 26, 2014, 12:42 PM
None for those who haven't bought any AC, though, pretty sure.

Dnd
Jun 26, 2014, 12:43 PM
My Premium expired today, I hope I receive the proper compensation for this, but like, not really expecting more than some tickets.

I would love weeks and weeks of 200% boosts for all quests as I believe it's the right thing for all of us. And, extend the LQ active time as well.

Sega have already stated that all effected events will be extended, aswell as additional things to make up the schelided time lost so far.

Sega are also looking to just outright extend anything which has a time limit and brought with tickets, instead of just handing out premium passes. (Got a shop but not premium for example? you wont miss out, same with extra storages).

As far as the compensation go, i imagine a truck-load of ex passes/cubes/tri boosters and probably fun tickets of some sort in addition to the above

Sp-24
Jun 26, 2014, 12:45 PM
This is shaping up to be the... 3rd, or 4th time they'll give non-premium users 1 day premium tickets I'm fairly sure. Have a stash of 11* ready for it.
They... Did that? Because in all my time playing, I haven't got even one premium ticket. Nor do I remember Sega announcing anything like that. Only people who'd get more premium were premium users in the first place.

UnLucky
Jun 26, 2014, 01:02 PM
IIRC they gave out free premium tickets once for anyone who had ever bought AC since launch, and another time for anyone who purchased AC during a specific time period. After that, it was only for those who had active premium.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jun 26, 2014, 01:14 PM
At one point i think they gave me some 1 day premium ticket for the extra downtime while my 3 day shop was running, and another for... I don't even remember. I think just because AC purchasing went down, and they decided to compensate players that bought AC in a certain window of time...? I had 3 one day tickets total for never having premium before that

I've only ever bought premium once and that was around the new year event.

Sanguine2009
Jun 26, 2014, 01:57 PM
im expecting tri boosters and maybe some XQ passes for everyone, probably some prem passes for prem users.

anything more would be a surprise

Akaimizu
Jun 26, 2014, 02:46 PM
Not expecting much, to tell the truth. Things are really different when it's a free-to-play service as opposed to a subscription fee. Sure, you pay for specialty items and such, but you don't pay for time. Of course, some premium stuff for the premiums.

Sp-24
Jun 26, 2014, 02:57 PM
Not expecting much, to tell the truth. Things are really different when it's a free-to-play service as opposed to a subscription fee. Sure, you pay for specialty items and such, but you don't pay for time. Of course, some premium stuff for the premiums.
Time is incredibly important, especially so if your game relies on microtransactions instead of subscriptions. They better have something to make up for the time that people lost thinking about their game instead of playing (and paying for) another free to play cash-in that wasn't DDoS'd, and thus was playable.

Knowing Sega, though, it may be exactly what they'll do. Some triboosters and premium tickets for people who spent AC. Obviously, that fixes everything.

Imjake
Jun 26, 2014, 06:02 PM
We should just get an extension on premium sets, my room, and extra storage(s) equal to the down time. Im sure theyll give us some other stuff, but people sitting here asking/wanting a bunch of free stuff from a F2P game is so telling about our society. Frankly, if you don't spend money on this game, Sega shouldn't give you a damn thing.

UnLucky
Jun 26, 2014, 06:21 PM
Yeah, and a game that gives its players the finger dies an early death, regardless of how much it costs to play.

Asellus
Jun 26, 2014, 06:52 PM
I think Jetpacks are in order.

Achelousaurus
Jun 27, 2014, 06:09 AM
Time is incredibly important, especially so if your game relies on microtransactions instead of subscriptions. They better have something to make up for the time that people lost thinking about their game instead of playing (and paying for) another free to play cash-in that wasn't DDoS'd, and thus was playable.

Knowing Sega, though, it may be exactly what they'll do. Some triboosters and premium tickets for people who spent AC. Obviously, that fixes everything.
Yeah =/
Wait, premium tickets as in get some part of premium (like player shop / my room) for free?
Doubt it cause Sega just lost a lot of money, they aren't like to lose yet more by letting people get paid stuff for free.
I suppose it's gonna be a handful triboosters or some crap.

What I find truly ridiculous is that bumped.org says they are considering to extend times for things like premium and extended storage.
It's a contract, people pay for a service and if Sega cannot provide the service, for whatever reason other that actual bankruptcy, it is a breach of contract.
Not extending that paid stuff means you paid partially for nothing.

On a side note, last Thursday I actually bought some AC. Must have been just before the site went down. I really hope it didn't just evaporate cause of the attack.

kyouyaenzan
Jun 27, 2014, 06:56 AM
The removal of the Sonic-themed logo and city escape plus extend my premium period for the days off will be plenty for me...