PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online 2 Clone

diamondx
Jun 26, 2014, 06:26 PM
Why we wait for the servers to come online anytime soon, what are so good games that are similar to Phantasy star online 2; that we can play to pass the time away. Meaning for example like character creations, magic, weapons, and stuff like that a game that is almost and similar to Phantasy star online 2. It can be online or offline game, it doesn't matter as long as it is similar to Phantasy star online 2, you like maybe Phantasy star Universe :) Thank you and think about my preaching methods of the Phantasy Star onLine bible 2 :)

Noc Codez
Jun 26, 2014, 06:27 PM
You can try Tera. The combat is great in it but once you hit lvl cap it gets very very boring.

pkemr4
Jun 26, 2014, 06:41 PM
None.

XrosBlader821
Jun 26, 2014, 06:44 PM
None.

unfortunate truth.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 26, 2014, 06:48 PM
good games

Phantasy star online 2
pffff

Shinamori
Jun 26, 2014, 07:34 PM
Tera is a 50GB 25GB download, and 25GB to unpack so you'll need 50GB of HDD free. Good luck with your ISP data limits. O/

Skye-Fox713
Jun 26, 2014, 08:11 PM
Hmm, well lets look as my game list...Many of these games may only share a slight similarity with PSO2 but they should all be in a 3rd person view or you can play in a 3rd person view. Also keep in mind the steam summer sale is going on atm and you may be able to pick up some of these games for low prices. Not all the games I list are on steam fyi ( ie. Mass Effect 3)

Defiance
Skyrim
Fable (1, 2, and/or 3)
Fallout: New Vegas
Global Agenda
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Lost Planet
Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet 3
Mass Effect (1, 2, and 3)
Remember Me
Tomb Raider (the newest one)
Warframe (F2P if you like PSO2 there's a good chance you will like this one as well)
The Witcher game series
Vindictus (F2P)
Dragon Nest (F2P)
FireFall (F2P)
ZMR (Zombies Monsters Robots, in CBT atm and is basicaly a F2P re-skinned Gears of War)
Dragon Age ( any version, though you might not like the combat as its a little bit point-and-click mmo Cool down like)
DC Universe Online ( create your own hero )

Dark Souls 2 (don't own it but the PC port is much better than Dark Souls)

Hope this list helps

pkemr4
Jun 26, 2014, 08:25 PM
Tera is a 50GB 25GB download, and 25GB to unpack so you'll need 50GB of HDD free. Good luck with your ISP data limits. O/

does the CD ver of Tera even work with tera rising?

yoshiblue
Jun 26, 2014, 08:44 PM
Yes but the launcher is outdated and will require you to replace a file or two.

musicmf
Jun 26, 2014, 09:18 PM
You can try Tera. The combat is great in it but once you hit lvl cap it gets very very boring.
Yeah, TERA's action gameplay is pretty good, but slow paced. Although its still pretty much nothing like PSO2's quick gameplay.
I agree though, at level cap there isn't much to do. My friends all quit around Lv30~40, so I had to go through end-game solo or with PUGs; this definitely hurt the lacking end-game even further for me.

does the CD ver of Tera even work with tera rising?
DVD can work, but you'll only install the vanilla client, and then it'll have to patch up to current. So yeah your pretty much downloading the whole game over again.

And... ISP data limits... isn't that the exception rather than the rule? I would imagine most people in an English community to be in America, which most ISPs IIRC lack a data limit.

Hmm, well lets look as my game list...[SPOILER-BOX]Many of these games may only share a slight similarity with PSO2 but they should all be in a 3rd person view or you can play in a 3rd person view. Also keep in mind the steam summer sale is going on atm and you may be able to pick up some of these games for low prices. Not all the games I list are on steam fyi ( ie. Mass Effect 3)

Defiance
Skyrim
Fable (1, 2, and/or 3)
Fallout: New Vegas
Global Agenda
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Lost Planet
Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet 3
Mass Effect (1, 2, and 3)
Remember Me
Tomb Raider (the newest one)
Warframe (F2P if you like PSO2 there's a good chance you will like this one as well)
The Witcher game series
Vindictus (F2P)
Dragon Nest (F2P)
FireFall (F2P)
ZMR (Zombies Monsters Robots, in CBT atm and is basicaly a F2P re-skinned Gears of War)
Dragon Age ( any version, though you might not like the combat as its a little bit point-and-click mmo Cool down like)
DC Universe Online ( create your own hero )

Dark Souls 2 (don't own it but the PC port is much better than Dark Souls)

[/SPOILER-BOX]Hope this list helps

I won't pretend to know all of the games on your list... but many of them look like FPS games.
I mean, I know PSO2 has FPS aiming mode, and 4 ranged weapons... but it's a bit of a stretch to call them similar.

Demon/Dark Soul series are way too slow (even slower than TERA) to be anywhere close to PSO2-like. (Although I do recommend to play through them if it looks like a series that would interest you. IMO each sequential game gets worse tho, so I consider Demon Souls the best of the 3)

From a quick glance, on your list I would say that Dragon Nest looks the most similar combat-wise.
Other terrible F2P MMOs with an action feel could include Onigiri.
Yet still, these aren't quite a "PSO2 Clone"

Akakomuma
Jun 26, 2014, 10:21 PM
Haven't played this, but Ragnarok Odyssey is the closest I can think of.

http://youtu.be/ga7oQdvZ8gk?t=5m51s

Skye-Fox713
Jun 27, 2014, 12:59 AM
I won't pretend to know all of the games on your list... but many of them look like FPS games.
I mean, I know PSO2 has FPS aiming mode, and 4 ranged weapons... but it's a bit of a stretch to call them similar.

Demon/Dark Soul series are way too slow (even slower than TERA) to be anywhere close to PSO2-like. (Although I do recommend to play through them if it looks like a series that would interest you. IMO each sequential game gets worse tho, so I consider Demon Souls the best of the 3)

From a quick glance, on your list I would say that Dragon Nest looks the most similar combat-wise.
Other terrible F2P MMOs with an action feel could include Onigiri.
Yet still, these aren't quite a "PSO2 Clone"

The "aiming" mode in PSO2 is a 3rd person camera view and was even advertised as a 3rd person shooting mode. The only games on that list that have an optional 1st person view and camera are Skyrim, Fallout, and FireFall all the others are a 3rd person view. I will admit that the key similarity of these games is that they are 3rd person action/adventure/RPG/3rd Person Shooter style games.

As far as Closest in similarities to PSO2, it would be Dragon Nest, Warframe, and Vindictis (you have to stretch it just a little bit for Vindictus). While not PSO2 clones the OP might find enough similarities in them to like them.

In PSO2 I play Gunner/Ranger and I find the game-play of Lost Planet and Lost Planet 2 to be comparable to both Rifle and Launcher Ranger game-play. Both Lost Planet and Lost Planet 2 are 3rd Person Shooters. I will admit that several of them on the list are 3rd Person Shooters.

However if the OP likes Melee based clases they may also like Vindictus because there are comparable similarities of Vindictus combat (which the most of characters are melee based) and that of a Hunter and Fighter combat in PSO2.

Fable and Amalur are more Action RPG's where the player can create a character and focus on a set of skills weather that be Melee with a sword, Ranged with Bows or Crossbows, or the classic fantasy Magic.

Reyva
Jun 27, 2014, 01:14 AM
In English? Not many

Vindictus
Dragon Nest

I mean the other games I could mention play more "2D-like" such as

Rusty Hearts (Dead imo, you gotta be crazy to play it)
DFO (Whenever it wants to come back again)

In general, I prefer Vindictus over PSO2 combat/graphical wise (If you have crap PC, then nvm), but that is merely my opinion. No weak bullet bish haha. Same thing with Dragon's Nest.

If you know Korean/Chinese, then I would have more games to mention. Other games that need to be mentioned won't be out anytime soon so not worth mentioning.

Go play PSO on Pserver if you must have Phantasy Star lol. However, if PSU was still up and going, I'd probably recommend that. Just run white beast over and over until pso2 comes up hahaha.

Then again, I think of all online games/mmos crap these days because its the same tired ol shit and PSO2 is included in this list. Maybe its just cause I'm older and played too many games in the past.

I'm just a console gamer mostly so I've got mountains of games to play. Even more so if you count the classics of pretty much from PS2 / WII and downward games on my PC (Emulators). Good portion of those games have combat similar to pso2.

Chigun
Jun 27, 2014, 01:19 AM
PSO1.

Yes, PSO1. : )

And just for the record I've started and nearly completed the ol' Phantasy Star IV since the server went down.

Courina
Jun 27, 2014, 01:36 AM
onigiri , but EN one start 1st june

Chik'Tikka
Jun 27, 2014, 04:19 AM
There's Warframe on Steam, it's like PSO2 in that it is PVE based with 4 player instance runs (start mission from menu, join 3 other people, run said mission in randomly generated map) the Action's pretty good, with running, parkour, sword slashing, gun shooting, "magic" like special attacks and whatnot, but it's hard to get into being that it is a F2P MMO and your early game choices are very limited+^_^+

It's also really lacking in the "waifu simulator" outfit part, your a ninja, you look like a ninja, your goal is to have OP gear and kill mobs with other ninjas+^_^+

Zona
Jun 27, 2014, 04:22 AM
Saints Row 1~4

2,3 recommended.

Achelousaurus
Jun 27, 2014, 05:57 AM
None.
This.

Jungo Torii
Jun 27, 2014, 06:01 AM
None.

For better or worse this is correct.

I'm personally inclined to think that having another game that plays extremely similarly to PSO2 would not be a good thing.

ChristopherLeeFriday
Jun 27, 2014, 07:56 AM
psp for the psp lololol

sesshymon
Jun 27, 2014, 08:02 AM
If PSO2 is down, then your only option is to play PSOBB. Back to where the experience began :D (For me anyways)

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jun 27, 2014, 10:17 AM
this would be your closest game
http://youtu.be/klSI4SFSEPQ

ChristopherLeeFriday
Jun 27, 2014, 10:18 AM
this would be your closest game
http://youtu.be/klSI4SFSEPQ

looks like diablo and phantasy star zero eew

Keyblade59
Jun 27, 2014, 10:23 AM
looks like diablo and phantasy star zero eew

with a hint of DNF

Goukezitsu
Jun 27, 2014, 10:33 AM
PSOBB and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I started a new char on PSOBB and it was fun actually. Good enough to hold me over.

edit: nothing comes close combat wise to PSO2. Other aspects sure (some games are even better in other regards), but combat wise your not gunna find something worthy.