PDA

View Full Version : Successful Connection Question

Tes
Jun 27, 2014, 09:46 AM
No chat of IP bans here. I'd just like to ask two questions so we can gauge fact from fiction.

Who here has connected to the game today successfully without a VPN? What country were you in?

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 27, 2014, 09:56 AM
USA New Jersey - Verizon FIOS here. Got 3 cannot connects then got in. Spaced each try by 2 minutes.

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 27, 2014, 09:58 AM
USA New Jersey - Verizon FIOS here. Got 3 cannot connects then got in. Spaced each try by 2 minutes.

i'm also from NJ and uses verizon FIOS, but i can't seem to connect???
my tweaker says i'm offline is that the same for you during those 3 tries?
i only tried once so far.

edit: made it in after retrying to log on several times through

Keyblade59
Jun 27, 2014, 10:10 AM
i'm also from NJ and uses verizon FIOS, but i can't seem to connect???
my tweaker says i'm offline is that the same for you during those 3 tries?
i only tried once so far.

edit: made it in after retrying to log on several times through

and the chain continues, I am also in NJ with Verizon Fios, no luck so far after numerous logs in, still 107.

Kondibon
Jun 27, 2014, 10:12 AM
Virginia USA. I have Verison Fios and I can connect, though it can take a couple of tries.

ChristopherLeeFriday
Jun 27, 2014, 10:13 AM
also confirmed comcast in texas isp banned

Tes
Jun 27, 2014, 10:15 AM
confirmed NJ with fios isp banned.

also confirmed comcast in texas isp banned

How can it be "confirmed" banned if the first person who responded is from NJ on FIOS and connected?

infiniteeverlasting
Jun 27, 2014, 10:15 AM
How can it be "confirmed" banned if the first person who responded is from NJ on FIOS and connected?

he's trollin' on the forums, don't mind him

SakoHaruo
Jun 27, 2014, 10:17 AM
Verizon FiOS here as well. I can connect to the servers without any issues.

Tes
Jun 27, 2014, 10:17 AM
But that's what's so problematic. The main topic on the forum is perfect example of mob mentality or Chinese whispers. It's so annoying it really is that people can't wait another day or 2 and just go assuming the worst.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Jun 27, 2014, 10:18 AM
I just tried logging in. Time Warner CA I get a 107 error when I double click on the pso2 desktop icon. I mean I can't even get the launcher to actually launch.

The website is dead for me too.

TauAkiou
Jun 27, 2014, 10:18 AM
I'm using a Verizon Wireless mobile broadband connection, and connected just fine to both the website AND game server.

My traceroute through Comcast indicates that my connection is dying within Comcast's infrastructure. It's not even reaching Japan, which indicates that Comcast is doing something, or they are blocking connections to SEGA's infrastructure as a security measure.

Before jumping to an IP Ban conclusion, I would recommend running your own trace to pso2.jp and seeing how it plays out.

Meyfei
Jun 27, 2014, 10:28 AM
Rogers Cable
Canada
107 without tweaker, 249 with tweaker, No webpage access
Not connecting.

How do i trace?

Goukezitsu
Jun 27, 2014, 10:30 AM
I can confirm:

Maryland Comcast doesn't work on both site and game.
Maryland Verizon does work on both site and game.

Ship 2 is full up to about 15 and b10s premium block is only 80% full so a lot of non premium atm since AC is down.

Keyblade59
Jun 27, 2014, 10:31 AM
I can confirm:

Maryland Comcast doesn't work on both site and game.
Maryland Verizon does work on both site and game.

Ship 2 is full up to about 15 and b10s premium block is only 80% full so a lot of non premium atm since AC is down.

Based on that, it is because JP isn't having a problem, or maybe the servers are slowly coming back for us.

Yamishi
Jun 27, 2014, 10:36 AM
Rogers Cable
Canada
107 without tweaker, 249 with tweaker, No webpage access
Not connecting.

How do i trace?

Rogers Cable
Canada
249 every time, but loading the webpage every time with no problems.

To trace:
Open command prompt
Type: tracert pso2.jp
Take note of number of steps. On Bell, they start timing out in Montreal (about Step 6). Let me know what yours does.

darkangel9866
Jun 27, 2014, 10:40 AM
Managed to get on. Not using VPN or anything o:
I'm from MX and using Telmex Optic Fiber

Sanguine2009
Jun 27, 2014, 10:46 AM
here in texas it starts timing out before it even leaves the city it seems(step 5 or so)

using time warner btw

Sp-24
Jun 27, 2014, 10:51 AM
IPv4 or IPv6?

DoubleZero
Jun 27, 2014, 10:54 AM
Hey, look at all the folks from New Jersey USA in here!

I'm also in NJ, connecting via Comcast (Verizon FiOS is not in my area), and I cannot connect. The game loads via Tweaker only (error 107 when using the normal launcher), server status is Unknown, and when I put my login information in, I get error 249.

MegaRocker1987
Jun 27, 2014, 10:55 AM
same thing

Shiyo
Jun 27, 2014, 11:23 AM
I'm using a Verizon Wireless mobile broadband connection, and connected just fine to both the website AND game server.

My traceroute through Comcast indicates that my connection is dying within Comcast's infrastructure. It's not even reaching Japan, which indicates that Comcast is doing something, or they are blocking connections to SEGA's infrastructure as a security measure.

Before jumping to an IP Ban conclusion, I would recommend running your own trace to pso2.jp and seeing how it plays out.

Do you have a copy or pastebin of the trace route please?

TauAkiou
Jun 27, 2014, 11:29 AM
Do you have a copy or pastebin of the trace route please?

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b590/TauAkiou/Traces_zpsb912eae5.png

The one on the left is my Mobile Broadband trace, and the one on the right is my Comcast trace. I removed some of the personally identifying stuff from the trace log (not that it matters much.) but this is generally what I saw.

Kumichan
Jun 27, 2014, 11:34 AM
Logging succesfuly from Japan here. :-)

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 11:34 AM

The one on the left is my Mobile Broadband trace, and the one on the right is my Comcast trace. I removed some of the personally identifying stuff from the trace log (not that it matters much.) but this is generally what I saw.

That's failing pretty early in that traceroute too. That's pretty damning that comcast is actively blocking it and not the other way around.

KuroKanden
Jun 27, 2014, 11:35 AM
Verizon FiOs, working fine. I'm still getting the occasional dc every now and then whenever I switch blocks, but its looking good so far.

Yamishi
Jun 27, 2014, 11:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/2fUOnYO.png

Work computer. ISP: Bell Canada.

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 11:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/2fUOnYO.png

Work computer. ISP: Bell Canada.

Another in country\route failure. Also,

This message from my proxy at work might be a good indicator as to what it is. It appears to be an infrastructure problem...

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "No route to host http pso2.jp "
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

Sanguine2009
Jun 27, 2014, 11:49 AM
might just be me but this is looking less and less like an ip ban

Atmius
Jun 27, 2014, 11:50 AM
That's failing pretty early in that traceroute too. That's pretty damning that comcast is actively blocking it and not the other way around.

Actually, I'd say it's the opposite. The last listed point before and endless number of timeouts is the last step before japan, so it'd be the first node in japan that's actively blocking the international connections. Other japanese sites are fine, it's specifically pso2.jp and in turn pso2 that are affected it seems (I fall under the umbrella of affected people, as is basically everybody I know).

Yamishi
Jun 27, 2014, 11:51 AM

People who keep screeching "IP B&!!!!11" are fear-mongering or trolls. Or perhaps just pessimists? :-?

Either way, if this were an IP ban, it would be the most ridiculous, sloppy IP ban of all time considering a good chunk of us can still get on and play.

Shiyo
Jun 27, 2014, 11:51 AM

That's to the website, not the server.

Tes
Jun 27, 2014, 11:52 AM

That was the point of me making this post. To try and stop all the doom mongering. and show people real facts that people are getting online. Not just in US i've been reading about people in EU connecting too.

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 11:52 AM
Actually, I'd say it's the opposite. The last listed point before and endless number of timeouts is the last step before japan, so it'd be the first node in japan that's actively blocking the international connections. Other japanese sites are fine, it's specifically pso2.jp and in turn pso2 that are affected it seems (I fall under the umbrella of affected people, as is basically everybody I know).

Compared to his Verizon ping I find it hard to believe that Comcast would have so many fewer hops. It could be a backbone that's blocking it right now.

Yamishi
Jun 27, 2014, 11:53 AM

No, that's not the last step before Japan. When I tracert yahoo.jp, it has another six or seven four steps (through Canada, then the US for some reason) before hopping to Osaka, Japan.

Shiyo
Jun 27, 2014, 11:54 AM

You tracerouted the website, not the server.

TauAkiou
Jun 27, 2014, 11:55 AM
This is a pastebin of what a fully successful, 30 hop connection looks like.

http://pastebin.com/9uvNQPHb

If you aren't reaching the IP in hop 25, then it is likely that your connection is being stopped before you reach the website.

Of course, another successful connection could be different. More successful trace cases might allow us to fill in some blanks.

Edit: I didn't know off-hand what the server's IP is, so I had to use the website as an alternate case.

Yamishi
Jun 27, 2014, 11:57 AM

Yes, we are using the website as our basis, because it is not accessible on certain ISPs. If you know the IP address of the game server, I can give it a try.

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 11:57 AM

A lot of people having issues with the game can't get to the website either

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 11:58 AM
Yes, we are using the website as our basis, because it is not accessible on certain ISPs. If you know the IP address of the game server, I can give it a try.

Someone that can login run a netstat to see what ports\addresses it is connecting to now

Sanguine2009
Jun 27, 2014, 11:58 AM
so if this really is tied to the isp like it seems how likely is it that this will blow over and we will be able to play again?

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 12:00 PM
It's very likely in the next few days to be resolved. I don't even think it's an ISP issue. I think a backbone provider noticed a shit ton of traffic to SEGA and blocked it.

Sanguine2009
Jun 27, 2014, 12:03 PM
thats good enough for me, its a shame other people will continue to freak out though

Sp-24
Jun 27, 2014, 12:04 PM
It's very likely in the next few days to be resolved. I don't even think it's an ISP issue. I think a backbone provider noticed a shit ton of traffic to SEGA and blocked it.
Doubt it. I get into Japan just fine (actually, my pings are 20ms better than yesterday), but trying to do anything PSO2 related, and nope! Connection timed out this, error 107 that, and even error code 249 showed up.

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 12:05 PM
Doubt it. I get into Japan just fine (actually, my pings are 20ms better than yesterday), but trying to do anything PSO2 related, and nope! Connection timed out this, error 107 that, and even error code 249 showed up.

Their servers are still being hammered though. I can get in on my connection but it's spotty and crappy

Mesarthim
Jun 27, 2014, 12:06 PM
Well I guess I'm playing the waiting game then. My trace to the website at present has an abnormal trace entering an infinite loop with

agg1.chwocadq01r.socal.rr.com
agg10.tustcaft01r.socal.rr.com
agg24.Isancarc01r.socal.rr.com

by the sixth hop.

Sp-24
Jun 27, 2014, 12:09 PM
Last time, I got to lag3.l303.ta1.eg.idc.jp.

Yamishi
Jun 27, 2014, 12:11 PM
For comparison, here's sega.jp:

http://i.imgur.com/Z92Egpd.png

Belenger
Jun 27, 2014, 12:14 PM
Connecting to actual ship2 server, which you can get by googling pso2 servers, only gets timeouts from hops 15 to 19, everything else is fine, game connects from within its own launcher, nothing from Pso2 tweaker.

As for pso2 site hops of 30 hops roughly half connect, but it does reach japan.

ISP: VTR

Atmius
Jun 27, 2014, 12:18 PM
No, that's not the last step before Japan. When I tracert yahoo.jp, it has another six or seven four steps (through Canada, then the US for some reason) before hopping to Osaka, Japan.

For me when I tracert yahoo.jp, nicovideo.jp, or swiki.jp, it goes through a different final address but the 4th hop is always in japan. For pso2.jp the routing is 5 hops before it just times out completely.

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 12:19 PM
The IP's for the servers were supposed to have changed though

Belenger
Jun 27, 2014, 12:23 PM
Probably since tweaker cant connect to the old ips, most likely because there is nothing there, launcher is fine thought and channels are barren land.

Yamishi
Jun 27, 2014, 12:28 PM
For me when I tracert yahoo.jp, nicovideo.jp, or swiki.jp, it goes through a different final address but the 4th hop is always in japan. For pso2.jp the routing is 5 hops before it just times out completely.

Ahh, I see. In my case, it doesn't hop to Japan until step 9.

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 12:30 PM
In my case at work I dont hop to japan until hop 16 YAY FOR UNNECESSARY CONVOLUTION!!!!!

.Jack
Jun 27, 2014, 12:33 PM
For those that might want to give this a try, just get this program and pick jp. Got in no problem.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/7Gd3Ycx.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 12:33 PM
Decent workaround in the short term

まさひろ
Jun 27, 2014, 12:39 PM
quick question, would be nice if someone could help me here.
I managed to connect to servers using vpn, but now it asks for authorization key from E-mail.

first problem here: I didnt get an E-mail from sega for my first account, so what to do?
second problem here: I forgot my E-mail address for second (and now main) account. I created this e-mail account only to be able to have 2 accounts for pso2. so is there a way to enquire it? from pso2-page or from SEGA? (ofc I have SEGA-ID, pass, char info etc.)

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 12:42 PM
I managed to connect to servers using vpn, but now it asks for authorization key from E-mail.

first problem here: I didnt get an E-mail from sega for my first account, so what to do?
second problem here: I forgot my E-mail address for second (and now main) account. I created this e-mail account only to be able to have 2 accounts for pso2. so is there a way to enquire it? from pso2-page or from SEGA? (ofc I have SEGA-ID, pass, char info etc.)

I lost access to my email that I signed up with and I was able to change it. Was a giant PITA though. Had to do it through Sega.jp

Kikikiki
Jun 27, 2014, 12:43 PM
In my case at work I dont hop to japan until hop 16 YAY FOR UNNECESSARY CONVOLUTION!!!!!

Asshole launcher would only let me in after 7 tries, so there's that.

GMG
Jun 27, 2014, 12:44 PM

Ive seen a few people that posted this issue right now the email feature is broke but for you guys that have forgotten your email address you had registered with I believe there is way to do this from Sega website where you can change your email there via information/ security questions etc. Had a friend who had this issue long ago and got back in by changing email I believe.

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 12:50 PM
Ive seen a few people that posted this issue right now the email feature is broke but for you guys that have forgotten your email address you had registered with I believe there is way to do this from Sega website where you can change your email there via information/ security questions etc. Had a friend who had this issue long ago and got back in by changing email I believe.

Yep I had a similar thing, had to change mine. Was not fun and took me 3 hours due to captcha's and trying to figure out what it wanted and where

Cyber Meteor
Jun 27, 2014, 12:58 PM
Ok, I know this topic is more about successful connection to the game, but here I will share a recent successful connection to the main site that wasn't possible like 3 hours before with the same IP (no VPN used).

Here is what is usually got (it basically says : "The server took too many time to respond"):
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t650/CyberMeteor/Login%20IP%20ban%20test/Pso2jpsiteloginfailed_zps7789ff60.png~original[/SPOILER-BOX]

Then what I was able to get 10 minutes ago WITH THE SAME IP :

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t650/CyberMeteor/Login%20IP%20ban%20test/Pso2jpsitelogin_zpsd140281b.png~original[/SPOILER-BOX]

It's an incomplete page but I was able to get to the site. So it's neither an IP BAN nor an ISP BAN, it wouldn't have been possible if it was the case 8-).

I, however, needed a VPN to connect to the game properly.

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 01:02 PM
Ok, I know this topic is more about successful connection to the game, but here I will share a recent successful connection to the main site that wasn't possible like 3 hours before with the same IP (no VPN used).

Here is what is usually got (it basically says : "The server took too many time to respond"):
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t650/CyberMeteor/Login%20IP%20ban%20test/Pso2jpsiteloginfailed_zps7789ff60.png~original[/SPOILER-BOX]

Then what I was able to get 10 minutes ago WITH THE SAME IP :

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t650/CyberMeteor/Login%20IP%20ban%20test/Pso2jpsitelogin_zpsd140281b.png~original[/SPOILER-BOX]

It's an incomplete page but I was able to get to the site. So it's neither an IP BAN nor an ISP BAN, it wouldn't have been possible if it was the case 8-).

That's what I've been trying to say. So many people fearing for their beloved game with no evidence. It's really depressing.

By the way my tracert fails at 216.52.64.2 which is owned by these guys http://www.internap.com/

I think I am right about my backbone idea

まさひろ
Jun 27, 2014, 01:02 PM
Yep I had a similar thing, had to change mine. Was not fun and took me 3 hours due to captcha's and trying to figure out what it wanted and where

yea mhm, the real problem is ... where to find this option to change the registered email address and is it even possible without having the old email address at all :-?

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 01:03 PM
Whats even more interesting is when I searched internap pso2 I got this

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?505179-DDOSers-take-down-multiple-game-servers-in-pursuit-of-a-popular-twitch-streamer

Cyber Meteor
Jun 27, 2014, 01:05 PM
@aceoyame I got some doubts about the ban when Tweaker showed that the server were ONLINE , it lasted about 5 seconds, couldn't take a screenshot of it.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 27, 2014, 01:14 PM
Whats even more interesting is when I searched internap pso2 I got this

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?505179-DDOSers-take-down-multiple-game-servers-in-pursuit-of-a-popular-twitch-streamer

that was done by DerpTrolling hacker group, they were targeting popular Twitch streamer PhantomL0rd. they took down Quake live, League of Legends, Dota2, EA .com, and Blizzard's battle.net. They also claimed to have attacked other games and websites including World of Tanks, the North Korean news network KCNA, RuneScape, Eve Online, a Westboro Baptist Church website, and a few others. Riot Games issued a statement confirming that their League of Legends services had been attacked by the group.

this was all in January tho+^_^+

they used doxing to get PhantomL0rd's personal information off some of the sites including his address which led to a lot of fake pizza orders and SWAT coming in for raid in response to a hostage situation...

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 01:16 PM
that was done by DerpTrolling hacker group, they were targeting popular Twitch streamer PhantomL0rd. they took down Quake live, League of Legends, Dota2, EA .com, and Blizzard's battle.net. They also claimed to have attacked other games and websites including World of Tanks, the North Korean news network KCNA, RuneScape, Eve Online, a Westboro Baptist Church website, and a few others. Riot Games issued a statement confirming that their League of Legends services had been attacked by the group.

this was all in January tho+^_^+

Just saying that this seems very similar. Not that Derp did it but that the attack was likely through Internap's network who in turn have blocked it temporarily

Searaphim
Jun 28, 2014, 10:57 AM
So not a single canadian IP have been able to connect without a VPN?

Yamishi
Jun 28, 2014, 11:00 AM
So not a single canadian IP have been able to connect without a VPN?

Not that I've seen. Though I can get to the site every now and then on Rogers. No luck with Bell, yet.

Raid_Hirsh
Jun 28, 2014, 11:26 AM
I live in USA, New York and I have Optimum.

Unfortunately, I have no luck connecting to the stock PSO2 launcher on my PC; likewise, I also have no luck connecting to the server with the PS Vita.

The PC version gives me error 107, whereas, the PS Vita version gives me error 249.

PokeminMaster
Jun 28, 2014, 11:29 AM
USA, Delaware - Verizon FIOS (PC version)

I got one connection timed out error, returned to the Terms of Use, tried again and logged in just fine. (I've been playing on a new character since then, currently level 15 XD)

As a side note, I can visit the website whenever I want, have never run into any problems with it today so far (been connecting periodically to see if it was luck or not lol)

Raid_Hirsh
Jun 28, 2014, 11:33 AM
After skimming through the comments, it appears that US Verizon FiOS users are able to play the game successfully with little to no issues.

Sigh* I knew switching from Verizon FiOS to Optimum would cause me nothing but trouble (in the long run)... :(

Shinamori
Jun 28, 2014, 11:48 AM
Comcast and AT&T are my only choices, it's like getting asked to drink shit water or drink poison.

Hajduk
Jun 28, 2014, 05:25 PM
I can log in on campus at Texas. Played for a few hours no problems. I have no idea how universities connect to the internet but it isn't through Suddenlink (my home ISP).

Jaquecz
Jun 28, 2014, 06:43 PM
I get time outs from the start.
:\
No idea whats happening.
http://i.imgur.com/Cpgq8Hp.png

MDashK
Jun 28, 2014, 06:47 PM
:\
No idea whats happening.
http://i.imgur.com/Cpgq8Hp.png

... That's not normal.
You're not even leaving your internal router address...

Jaquecz
Jun 28, 2014, 06:50 PM
... That's not normal.
You're not even leaving your internal router address...

You think something is screwing with the tracert?

I have no idea how things work but I'm guessing that If that tracert was correct I wouldn't be able to connect to this site.

MDashK
Jun 28, 2014, 06:52 PM
Repeat the command:

tracert pso2.jp

If it's the same result, something's wrong.
You should at least obtain response IP from your internet provider in the trace.

Jaquecz
Jun 28, 2014, 06:56 PM
Repeat the command:

tracert pso2.jp

If it's the same result, something's wrong.
You should at least obtain response IP from your internet provider in the trace.

Was pretty much the same thing as last time.
You think there's anything messing with the tracert?

MDashK
Jun 28, 2014, 06:58 PM
I honestly can't say...
All i can say is that's incorrect. You MUST at least get a response from your ISP provider in the trace.
That result there.... It's like you're not even connected to the internet!
It's like your router is ON and that's it. no cable connected, no nothing.

TsukasaHiiragi
Jun 28, 2014, 07:02 PM
lol O.o how are you even posting??

Anyway, yeah - Comcast (PA) IP Blocked.

What someone mentioned early about the backbone infrastructure causing the problems, I think you maybe right, hopefully! Since if thats the case, then there is some hope it might be resolved.

Jaquecz
Jun 28, 2014, 07:12 PM
I honestly can't say...
All i can say is that's incorrect. You MUST at least get a response from your ISP provider in the trace.
That result there.... It's like you're not even connected to the internet!
It's like your router is ON and that's it. no cable connected, no nothing.

This here is a sega.jp tracert.
http://i.imgur.com/Svsx4l8.png
Is that normal?

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2014, 07:15 PM
Well, you are getting to Japan. I don't know that address, and too lazy to look it up. But, yeah, I get a pretty much same result.

landman
Jun 28, 2014, 08:01 PM
Connected yesterday and connected today, from Spain, using jazztelecom. A friend with Movistar and another one with Orange can't connect. From my phone I can't connect to the website using Yoigo (which I think uses the same infrastructure as Vodafone).

LoN_Lina
Jun 28, 2014, 08:56 PM
I have time warner and my roommate claimes to have connected while i was taking my nap but i have no proof since he disconnected. i just get 249

Jaquecz
Jun 28, 2014, 08:57 PM
Does anyone actually know what Sega did to their pso2 servers or is everyone just assuming.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2014, 09:00 PM
They applied measures.

LoN_Lina
Jun 28, 2014, 09:03 PM
Does anyone actually know what Sega did to their pso2 servers or is everyone just assuming.

Yes the Sega techs know.

Rayden
Jun 29, 2014, 05:25 AM

I get time outs from the start too:

>tracert pso2.jp

Tracing route to pso2.jp [210.189.209.8] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 7 ms 4 ms 4 ms redacted.cable.virginm.net [redacted IP]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

WallyJustice
Jul 2, 2014, 11:15 AM
[quote=SakoHaruo;3153349]Verizon FiOS here as well. I can connect to the servers without any issues.[/quote. Karma eh? Just as I called it Verizon is now blocked.lol

WallyJustice
Jul 2, 2014, 11:20 AM
Verizon FiOS here as well. I can connect to the servers without any issues.

Now that Verizon was added too the block Wednesday is a good day.

Noc Codez
Jul 2, 2014, 11:23 AM
LMFAO Just traced my IP

IT CAN'T EVEN LEAVE NYC TO TRACE IP.

WallyJustice
Jul 2, 2014, 11:26 AM
Well the fact that idiot was trying to rub in the fact he could play pso2, just makes it so much sweeter I predicted Verizon being blocked next. Just all fell into place perfectly.

Noc Codez
Jul 2, 2014, 11:33 AM
Well the fact that idiot was trying to rub in the fact he could play pso2, just makes it so much sweeter I predicted Verizon being blocked next. Just all fell into place perfectly.

LOL you did call it isn't it funny that I can still play using pingzapper ?
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p184/Mulla2006/Jackson_popcorn.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Mulla2006/media/Jackson_popcorn.gif.html)

WallyJustice
Jul 2, 2014, 11:41 AM
Can you? Or are you delusional like that sako turd. Even if you can play I don't really care. But reading over your last few posts suggest otherwise. But also knowing that a perma perma ban can happen at any time now must feel good.

Noc Codez
Jul 2, 2014, 11:48 AM
Can you? Or are you delusional like that sako turd. Even if you can play I don't really care. But reading over your last few posts suggest otherwise. But also knowing that a perma perma ban can happen at any time now must feel good.

there is no perma ban on temp if using s VPN.. do you know nothing ? lol your'e very salty aren't you ? hey don't blame me blame sega for blocking certain IPs and I'm honored you remember my post. you must of been thinking about me all night while I was doing other things lol.

so now it goes to me to not respond to anymore of your comments. enjoy the rest of your day ^^

WallyJustice
Jul 2, 2014, 11:57 AM
Me salty? Not quite. At least I'm not lying to myself about playing a video game. Didn't think these forums were filled with so much 2 digit IQs. You and Sako must be for sure wearing propeller hats. I will now longer respond to you either I can feel brain cells die.

Jei182
Jul 2, 2014, 12:24 PM

My tracert comes out exactly like yours. I live in Michigan and my last hop is #4 at an IP in taylor, Michigan. At the end of all of the other request timed outs it says destination net unreachable but the last hop is 23 at somewhere in Ashburn, VA If this isn't a faulty server issue or anything else it has to be something that an ISP is purposely doing. The fact that in trying to reach the PSO2 servers I can barely get out of Michigan just looks off, considering I can tracert google.jp just fine and get a full tracert.

Sp-24
Jul 2, 2014, 12:27 PM
Err, google.jp is located in the US.

Jei182
Jul 2, 2014, 12:33 PM
Err, google.jp is located in the US.
Forget that then, but I still can connect to other jp sites just fine. Tested it out with the wiki and a few others. I tracerouted the JP pso wiki to see what it looks like and I got outside of Michigan and got through several other states and tokyo unlike when I trace the pso2 servers.

MegidPlz
Jul 2, 2014, 01:03 PM
I have TWC in California and just logged on with no problems for the first time. I usually log in through the regular PSO2 launcher but since the problems with the DDoS attack started I downloaded the tweaker too. I was able to log in the regular way and through the tweaker.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 2, 2014, 01:03 PM
My traceroute ends up the same as another one - everything from hop 2 to 30 is a timeout when accessing the website.

I don't know Ship02's IP, so I can't tell you what the results are there.

TauAkiou
Jul 2, 2014, 02:32 PM
I still don't think that SEGA is explicitly blocking us from the servers. Just the fact that we can still connect to the game itself is evidence enough that foreign ranges aren't being blocked server-side.

I would have to confirm what tracing a properly IP-blocked server looks like, however I assume that at the least if we traced it, the trace would complete, or it would fail entirely. If an SEA player has an old traceroute, or can traceroute the JP servers for comparison purposes, that would help alleviate this question.

The big issue right now is that the whole of the situation is very inconsistent.

Another thing to remember: While SEGA has been a relatively good host to the foreign playerbase thus far, we are not their priority, nor are we obligated to receive support. SEGA isn't going to call up our ISPs and tell them to remove PSO2 domains and IPs from connection blacklists.

I think the only option we have in that case is to wait until all of this blows over.

However, if someone could get me a trace of a known, IP-blocked environment, that might help me evaluate the situation a little further.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 2, 2014, 02:44 PM
Here's my traceroute to PSO2.JP, and it is invariably this result.
http://imgur.com/E9YUs3i

EDIT: Seeing as it doesn't want to show (REAL helpful), here's the link: http://imgur.com/E9YUs3i

EDIT II: Tracerouting SHIP02 led to some rather... intriguing results, to say the least. I'm sure there's someone here who can make more sense of it than I can, but from what I can gather, it doesn't seem to leave London.
http://imgur.com/jkPuPwa

gaijin_punch
Jul 2, 2014, 02:47 PM
Straight in -- no 107's, no DC's.
Japan.

I know that's now what you want but I had a lot of issues the last week. Having the info won't hurt... ;)

Shinji Kazuya
Jul 2, 2014, 02:49 PM
Here's my traceroute to PSO2.JP, and it is invariably this result.
http://imgur.com/E9YUs3i

EDIT: Seeing as it doesn't want to show (REAL helpful), here's the link: http://imgur.com/E9YUs3i

That's so weird, it's not even leaving your home! 0.0

Ship2 IP is 210.129.209.16

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 2, 2014, 02:51 PM

There's another person who's contacted me on a thread of mine who's the same as me - Sky Broadband, doesn't leave the router.

Thanks for the info, though. I'll see what happens with this IP.

Sychosis
Jul 2, 2014, 03:06 PM

Ship 2 is actually 210.189.208.16 now.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 2, 2014, 03:09 PM
Ship 2 is actually 210.189.208.16 now.

Ah, so they did change the IP, then. Very well. I shall try this one and see how it goes.

EDIT: The new IP did the same thing as PSO2.JP.
http://imgur.com/euPusM0

Jaquecz
Jul 2, 2014, 03:28 PM
Me salty? Not quite. At least I'm not lying to myself about playing a video game. Didn't think these forums were filled with so much 2 digit IQs. You and Sako must be for sure wearing propeller hats. I will now longer respond to you either I can feel brain cells die.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DGGcdZ4KYbA/T5FeDLPuJJI/AAAAAAAACKo/2ofTef2oC0w/s640/good-good-let-the-jimmies-rustle-through-you.png

Macman
Jul 2, 2014, 05:31 PM
Either way, if this were an IP ban, it would be the most ridiculous, sloppy IP ban of all time considering a good chunk of us can still get on and play.
Sega.