PDA

View Full Version : So... What You Expect English PSO2 To Be Like?

ChristopherLeeFriday
Jun 27, 2014, 01:07 PM
Years behind in content? Japanese voice acting still? Closing down earlier than japan? Possibly supported by a company other than sega?

To be honest I was around level 40 when the servers went down. It seemed like besides a few boss events I spent the majority of my time grinding endless maze like maps with nonstop spawning monsters with a pack of other players. it reminded me of a pack of dinosaurs for some reason running around in a mob killing everything in our way. It seemed like thats the core gameplay right there. The rare drop boost items etc seemed kind of tacked on.

I remember when PSO2 first came out I was raging hardcore. Everyone got their own drops, forest and caves were boring, giant lobby with a bunch of stuff i didnt wanna deal with, silly quests collecting drops to get mag and unlock areas, cant trade, boring weapons, could just run through levels not killing anything, etc. but ever since they added monster spam levels i like the game but... its just a real shame they dont make pso like they used to where you can play offline.

I never thought id say this but I like playing offline these days since well look at what we are dealing with. Locked out of using our characters, meaning the game doesnt exist anymore.

Jungo Torii
Jun 27, 2014, 01:12 PM
Nonexistent.

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 01:17 PM
IF it ever comes out. I imagine a release similar to EP 1 & 2 on GC and xbox. We will get that and probably be left alone.

That's a big IF as well

Naji23
Jun 27, 2014, 01:17 PM
If im honest i dont believe in an western release and if it would be released, i doubt its worth to play it because they´re to far behind the current japanese content. maybe sega would surprise everyone and deliver it pretty fast but i dont believe in this fairy tale.

Kondibon
Jun 27, 2014, 01:19 PM
Everyone got their own drops, Wait, why is this a bad thing?

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 01:21 PM
If im honest i dont believe in an western release and if it would be released, i doubt its worth to play it because they´re to far behind the current japanese content. maybe sega would surprise everyone and deliver it pretty fast but i dont believe in this fairy tale.

I think they'll give SOA a little more support than whoever did the SEA release because... Sega.

In any case I know it will be behind but I am thinking it will be about a year behind like PSU

ChristopherLeeFriday
Jun 27, 2014, 01:24 PM
Wait, why is this a bad thing?

cause youre playing with yourself. you cant even drop items LOL also, its pretty lame how much grinding you have to do just to use a weapon that looks exactly like the weapon youre already using but has a little bit higher stats. playing through hard mode for 20 levels only able to use 5% of the drops you find cause they al lrequire higher stats so you finally get to use the items you been picking up and selling when you get to very hard level lol

XrosBlader821
Jun 27, 2014, 01:41 PM
English PSO2 will be like B20 on every Block and every Ship.

Sp-24
Jun 27, 2014, 01:43 PM
cause youre playing with yourself. you cant even drop items LOL also, its pretty lame how much grinding you have to do just to use a weapon that looks exactly like the weapon youre already using but has a little bit higher stats. playing through hard mode for 20 levels only able to use 5% of the drops you find cause they al lrequire higher stats so you finally get to use the items you been picking up and selling when you get to very hard level lol
Are we talking about PSO or PSO2?

Aquanos
Jun 27, 2014, 01:46 PM

And whats b20 like?

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 27, 2014, 01:49 PM
Everyone is so negative. Maybe they'll do something awesome and give it to Atlus.

...Yeah right. It'd be the smart thing to do though.

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 01:49 PM
And whats b20 like?

Wouldn't know. The damn block is always full. It's like some mysterious thing I get to hear about and never see

Sychosis
Jun 27, 2014, 01:53 PM

You actually believe that a western release would require more than 1 ship?

Tashun
Jun 27, 2014, 01:54 PM

The point of having independent drops for each player is to fuel themselves to get what they're hunting for since they don't have to worry about other players getting their drops. More and more games are realizing this kind of system because it gives players less of a struggle to get whatever drops from each kill they get. Not to mention the fact that since every player is getting their own drop for each kill, there are more items dropped because of this system. This results in more inventory in the flow of the economy.

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 01:55 PM

I think so. Japanese captha's are a bitch.

ChristopherLeeFriday
Jun 27, 2014, 01:56 PM
The point of having independent drops for each player is to fuel themselves to get what they're hunting for since they don't have to worry about other players getting their drops. More and more games are realizing this kind of system because it gives players less of a struggle to get whatever drops from each kill they get. Not to mention the fact that since every player is getting their own drop for each kill, there are more items dropped because of this system. This results in more inventory in the flow of the economy.

implying theres a economy in the game.

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 01:57 PM
implying theres a economy in the game.

Wait PSO2 has an economy? Here I was just stabbing things until they exploded red gem's everywhere

ChristopherLeeFriday
Jun 27, 2014, 01:59 PM
Wait PSO2 has an economy? Here I was just stabbing things until they exploded red gem's everywhere

i think they just hate brazilians asking for loot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PjrTOjxjxk

XrosBlader821
Jun 27, 2014, 02:00 PM
Woops my bad

I think so. Japanese captha's are a bitch.
So playing on a better Server is not worth it because you have to spend 5-10 minutes to fill one single Captcha that you will never have to fill ever again in your entire life? yeah that's reasonable.

ChristopherLeeFriday
Jun 27, 2014, 02:03 PM
is funneling content updates supposed to be a feature in the game? ie looking forward to new content even though they have the content already done? what is this autism sega pulling with the other eastern server being years behind are they in a different time dimension?

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 02:05 PM
So playing on a better Server is not worth it because you have to spend 5-10 minutes to fill one single Captcha that you will never have to fill ever again in your entire life? yeah that's reasonable.

Never underestimate the laziness of people lol

UnLucky
Jun 27, 2014, 02:10 PM
Not to mention the fact that since every player is getting their own drop for each kill, there are more items dropped because of this system. This results in more inventory in the flow of the economy.
With drop rates adjusted to compensate. Except now if it drops somewhere within your whole group, there's nothing you can do about it since everyone's loot is separate and you can't trade.

Tashun
Jun 27, 2014, 02:15 PM
With drop rates adjusted to compensate. Except now if it drops somewhere within your whole group, there's nothing you can do about it since everyone's loot is separate and you can't trade.

That would make sense, but just to clarify, has anyone actually tried the trade option?

Edit: The AC trade option to be specific.

UnLucky
Jun 27, 2014, 02:17 PM
Yes, it lets you trade with anyone who also has premium. Nothing 10*+ or certain no-trade items, though, of course.

So it's pretty useless outside of transferring meseta.

ChristopherLeeFriday
Jun 27, 2014, 02:18 PM
That would make sense, but just to clarify, has anyone actually tried the trade option?

Edit: The AC trade option to be specific.

im pretty sure you have to give sega money to do that hue hue hue. there are player shops right? idk if thats free. either way i have had no need to trade nor a desire too. this game is garbage when it comes to trading whats the point? you just run around with flash mobs killing everything or sitting there while other kill everything who says you need to bring a gun just be there and youll get credit for participation.

"companies are finding out more and more that actually playing the game is too much work"

waiting for someone to say it.

Tashun
Jun 27, 2014, 02:21 PM
Yes, it lets you trade with anyone who also has premium. Nothing 10*+ or certain no-trade items, though, of course.

So it's pretty useless outside of transferring meseta.

Ahh those darn weapon passes. Well, thanks for clearing that up :)

NoiseHERO
Jun 27, 2014, 02:22 PM
Unless an actually popular host runs the game, because this may as well be no different from your typical free to play korean mmo, PSO/PSU style of runnin' games long dead for this series. So maybe like 4-5 ships. Otherwise just 1.

B20 on english ships will probably have some weird niche tight-nit audience of weirdos from the jp server B20(not that it matters if they're weirdos cause they have no personality) for like first few months then it'll die out and become a normal boring block like the others, full of cash shop spamming 12 year olds and 18-29 year old losers with the same interests as 12 year olds but with an MMO alphamale mentality about it. But to be fair that'll only be 30% of the community, the rest will just be average joes/broke kids that grow up to be average joes.

And it'll probably have more illegal/pedophile(lying about age and gender) cyber sex looming in the darkest corners of the game.

And the economy will probably be way cheaper with a smaller community, but people from JP server will already predict all the good stuff coming. It'll probably have slightly better droprates/exp rates because english players are basic. And the content will be behind by like a year or three. And we probably won't see the game till end of 2015 IF it gets here and nobody on this site will really care.

Tashun
Jun 27, 2014, 02:26 PM
im pretty sure you have to give sega money to do that hue hue hue. there are player shops right? idk if thats free. either way i have had no need to trade nor a desire too. this game is garbage when it comes to trading whats the point? you just run around with flash mobs killing everything or sitting there while other kill everything who says you need to bring a gun just be there and youll get credit for participation.

"companies are finding out more and more that actually playing the game is too much work"

waiting for someone to say it.

Yes, you have to pay for your own player shop (unless you use FUN for a 3-day pass or something of the sort). I agree that some of the quests feel very flash mob-like, but when facing the tougher bosses, it can be enjoyable. At least in my experience.

ChristopherLeeFriday
Jun 27, 2014, 02:39 PM
Unless an actually popular host runs the game, because this may as well be no different from your typical free to play korean mmo, PSO/PSU style of runnin' games long dead for this series. So maybe like 4-5 ships. Otherwise just 1.

B20 on english ships will probably have some weird niche tight-nit audience of weirdos from the jp server B20(not that it matters if they're weirdos cause they have no personality) for like first few months then it'll die out and become a normal boring block like the others, full of cash shop spamming 12 year olds and 18-29 year old losers with the same interests as 12 year olds but with an MMO alphamale mentality about it. But to be fair that'll only be 30% of the community, the rest will just be average joes/broke kids that grow up to be average joes.

And it'll probably have more illegal/pedophile(lying about age and gender) cyber sex looming in the darkest corners of the game.

And the economy will probably be way cheaper with a smaller community, but people from JP server will already predict all the good stuff coming. It'll probably have slightly better droprates/exp rates because english players are basic. And the content will be behind by like a year or three. And we probably won't see the game till end of 2015 IF it gets here and nobody on this site will really care.

lol takes one to know one

Chdata
Jun 27, 2014, 02:42 PM
Poorly dubbed.

NoiseHERO
Jun 27, 2014, 02:44 PM
lol takes one to know one

Yeah I was a broke kid once.

Now I'm a broke dude.

Z-0
Jun 27, 2014, 02:44 PM
Probably more fun.

I will be able to do really weird stuff like switch weapon midair!

Meyfei
Jun 27, 2014, 03:02 PM
If hosted by Nexon, I bet It'd be like this

I expect:
hosted by Nexon, followed by
Grinding to be Premium only for anything over +5
Affixing to be half % for non premium
Half exp and drop rates for all people non premium
Fun points to be gained by premium only users.
Shops to be premium only.
Free Salon = Premium only With the AC Extra's being additional cost.
Limited Quests, Emergancy Quests = premium only
5 client orders for non premium
Storage limited to 50, inventory to 30
AC prices more expensive then Webmoney exchange rate.
Rare drops cannot be tekked unless you have a special Nexon cash-shop item.(Tackers Pass)
Limited blocks "Free blocks" 1-5 and 6+ = premium only
Pay to Win cash shop with gachapons dropping 8-9*'s and Update 1 - 3's outfits for 5$ a pop
Pay to Win cash shop2 100% grind 100% affix passes 40$ each, 100$ for 3x
Special AC/NX purchase campeign for purchasing 500$ worth of AC/NX in one purchase = Custom 15* (but never receive it)

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 03:04 PM
Why is everone suggesting companies like Atlus, Nexon, etc.

At least in the states I am PRETTY SURE that Sega of America has the exclusive rights and the Sega of Japan can't go to a 3rd party

Uncle_bob
Jun 27, 2014, 03:04 PM
lol, people still want a western release of PSO2?

UnLucky
Jun 27, 2014, 03:31 PM
Probably more fun.

Just be sure to live close to the server

And hope it's good enough to support such things

pkemr4
Jun 27, 2014, 03:37 PM
Shit.

Yden
Jun 27, 2014, 03:40 PM
Why is everone suggesting companies like Atlus, Nexon, etc.

At least in the states I am PRETTY SURE that Sega of America has the exclusive rights and the Sega of Japan can't go to a 3rd party

Because even if they have the rights to it, it doesn't mean they automatically have the infrastructure to host an online game currently. The easiest way around this is to partner with someone else that specialize in hosting these type of games.

Gama
Jun 27, 2014, 03:50 PM
Because even if they have the rights to it, it doesn't mean they automatically have the infrastructure to host an online game currently. The easiest way around this is to partner with someone else that specialize in hosting these type of games.

steam? "wouldnt that be a blast"

Edit:

erhm uhm i meant valve.

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 03:53 PM

That would be setting a precedent for SOA that I just don't see happening.

gigawuts
Jun 27, 2014, 04:27 PM
Probably more fun.

That's not true; That's impossible!

Gama
Jun 27, 2014, 05:38 PM
well if it worked like psobb, weapon swicthing was fast.

because it didnt need the server to alow it to happen so no lag.

lostinseganet
Jun 27, 2014, 07:28 PM
I expect pso 2 the american version to bee..pso 3

Erza
Jun 27, 2014, 07:43 PM
i expet nothing from english pso2 give pso 3 next gen open world (a real) mmo with a monthly fee

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jun 27, 2014, 09:54 PM
i expect PSU2 before PSO3

as for my expectations on western PSO2 SOA to host it slow updates and alot of RMT bots and alot of hackers
that is If it ever gets a release

moorebounce
Jun 27, 2014, 10:31 PM
I rather have an offline mode too like the OP mentioned and I've said this a few times myself. The servers being down just proves one of the points of the people who wanted an offline mode. I'd rather pay for a game that had an offline mode/feature than have a online only F2P game like PSO2 is.

Sega shouldn't have based their opinion of the west based off the crappy job THEY did with PSU. Besides westerners didn't want to P2P the online part of PSU if it were gonna be anything like the offline part (which was crap).

IndignationSWF
Jun 27, 2014, 10:40 PM
Honestly at this point I don't think we're even going to get it period in the west, but hypothetically, if we do I'd like to see a few things.

~Inter-Weapon Combos between certain weapons(Katana Combo to end with a big swing from a Sword or Partizan, Twin Machine Gun Juggling into Cosmo Breaker, etc..) ~Very Unlikely Ever, I know~

~Better Meseta rates because dear god is running TACOs just to make enough to buy a decent outfit old for me now.

~An easier Symbol Art creation tool

~Fourth of July Rappy Costume complete with Flag-themed Top Hat and Sparklers.

~Professional English Voice Cast that consists of more than JYB and Yuri Lowenthal.

Taurus83
Jun 27, 2014, 10:48 PM
western people should go raid at A$ia$oft SEA server, I dun play on SEA region server even I'm also from there, heard people saying SEA region server just little people playing compare to Japan, not much event also unlike japan.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jun 27, 2014, 10:51 PM
I rather have an offline mode too like the OP mentioned and I've said this a few times myself. The servers being down just proves one of the points of the people who wanted an offline mode. I'd rather pay for a game that had an offline mode/feature than have a online only F2P game like PSO2 is.

Sega shouldn't have based their opinion of the west based off the crappy job THEY did with PSU. Besides westerners didn't want to P2P the online part of PSU if it were gonna be anything like the offline part (which was crap).

the no offline mode was made to stop people from modding the game to get infinite meseta any weapon and whatever they pleased
it wasn't based off the western market it was based off all the cheaters across all servers of PSO and PSU

nothing anybody says is going to change Segas mind on the offline mode being taken away
honestly im glad theres no offline mode it just means less cheaters on the server

IndignationSWF
Jun 27, 2014, 10:51 PM
western people should go raid at A$ia$oft SEA server, I dun play on SEA region server even I'm also from there, heard people saying SEA region server just little people playing compare to Japan, not much event also unlike japan.

Nah, leave them be. Asiasoft's killing itself with crap like that IP Ban anyway.
From what I understand(I could be wrong), the SEA version is massively behind the JPN version to the point where they still have the original level cap, of course people would rather play the JPN version where all the content is.

Sp-24
Jun 27, 2014, 10:55 PM
Isn't Asiasoft at level 40 at the moment? PSO2 originally came out with lv.30 cap and only three areas (not counting City EQ), so they aren't THAT far behind. Only 5 level caps away from the JP PSO2!

Taurus83
Jun 27, 2014, 11:04 PM
Isn't Asiasoft at level 40 at the moment? PSO2 originally came out with lv.30 cap and only three areas (not counting City EQ), so they aren't THAT far behind. Only 5 level caps away from the JP PSO2!

well is just that A$ia$oft haven't decide to unlock more since the files size is the same as EP2 JP

WildarmsRE5
Jun 27, 2014, 11:27 PM
not to mention, it's been a month since the release and there hasn't been any new costumes, tickets, etc.

to summarize, they haven't been doing any progress at all.

their next scratch update is july 10.

NexusAZ
Jun 28, 2014, 12:26 AM
Nonexistent.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Kirukia
Jun 28, 2014, 12:16 PM
Is that still happening?

LoN_Lina
Jun 28, 2014, 12:20 PM
I expect it to look like I should live in SEA to play english.