PDA

View Full Version : what is going on with pso2. do we wait or is this the end for majority

Meta77
Jun 27, 2014, 01:17 PM
So please no trolls or jerks l. Just looking for information without clutter. Is there a ip ban or are the servers still being tested with limited people being able to get on. Ive heard some jo players are not able to get on yet. I do not care for vpn so may switch to another mmo if the worse has really happened. I really can not understand why some people make fun of those if it did happen. Some of us have been with thr game 2 years. Made many nee friends both up amd American. If your going to poke fun at those affected by this why the fuck are you on this site to begin with. Bit regardless just ask in if we need to be patient or just say so long to pso2jp.

Thanks for any legit info. Still at work atm.

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 01:20 PM
We wait. Information appears to be pointing to a backbone block thus far.

It seems Internap might have blocked it. I am contacting them now.

Sp-24
No one knows anything. Apparently, Comcast stopped every single ISP in the world from connecting to PSO2 or something.

Just not an IP ban, because come on, when was the last time Sega did anything like that?

Sanguine2009
we dont know for sure either way at the moment. evidence suggests that it is not an IP ban but again we dont know for certain.

i would suggest waiting and seeing.

Yamishi
Jun 27, 2014, 01:21 PM
Based on evidence gathered, it looks like it's not an IP ban, but possibly some backbone operators behind the ISPs blocking traffic.

So a lot of gaijin can't play, but it doesn't look like it's anything Sega's doing. It will hopefully be cleared up soon, and we can all go back to screeching "IP BANZORZ!?!?!?!?!" every time the servers are down for maintenance. :)

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 01:23 PM
If I am right about Internap that would explain everything. Apparently they service Japan as well.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 27, 2014, 01:26 PM
my tracert for PSO2.jp doesn't even leave chicago, just switches to unreachable, my guess is SEGAC not only using new IP addresses, but IP addresses that were never used on the webs before, so it's taking a little time for the new destination to trickle thru the cloud to all the ISPs... at least this is what i'm hoping+^_^+

Meta77
Jun 27, 2014, 01:30 PM
So basically wait it out a bit longer. K thanks. Back to work

TaigaUC
Jun 27, 2014, 01:32 PM
I can connect with my phone, but not my desktop internet.
Server is a little unstable even if you can connect.
So, I don't think it's an IP block at the moment. Everybody's traces seem to suggest that it's not an IP block.
An IP block would likely give a 404 or something. We're getting time outs.

Sp-24
Jun 27, 2014, 01:33 PM
I can connect with my phone, but not my desktop internet.
Server is a little unstable even if you can connect.
So, I don't think it's an IP block at the moment. Everybody's traces seem to suggest that it's not an IP block.
An IP block would likely give a 404 or something. We're getting time outs.
Try going here to see what an IP block looks like: musou-online.jp

aceoyame
Jun 27, 2014, 01:38 PM
It looks like a DNS issue?

Can't even resolve that IP. That's a good block

TaigaUC
Jun 27, 2014, 02:07 PM
I've been to JP sites that gave 404 to keep foreigners out.
No idea if there are other ways to block foreigners, like that musou-online link.

Gardios
Jun 27, 2014, 02:10 PM
I had no problem accessing the website yesterday, now I can't anymore. Awkward.

Vintasticvin
Jun 27, 2014, 02:19 PM
So basically wait it out a bit longer. K thanks. Back to work

This needs to be plastered on front AND registration page please.

I would rather allow Sega to take baby steps or safety precautions for flipping the gates open all the way allowing everyone back in only to have be taken offline again.

.Jack
Jun 27, 2014, 02:26 PM
You can log in and play but you'll need to use a VPN. I'm using hotspotshield atm jp option and haven't had any issues. You'll need to enter an email confirmation ID though.

Vintasticvin
Jun 27, 2014, 02:30 PM
Nah I'd rather wait it out til theres official word nin jp Ip addresses sre block from entering the server than to run with the mass panicking mob

ShinMaruku
Jun 27, 2014, 02:35 PM
I find this refresing. Let the illogical spin out of control and give the game a break.

Shinamori
Jun 27, 2014, 02:36 PM
Sega's not gonna say "we ip blocked you". Also, couldn't you get banned faster with a VPN? Heard some people getting banned when using VPNs.

Uncle_bob
Jun 27, 2014, 03:09 PM
All of America's ISPs are all in on a big conspiracy to block their customers from connecting to PSO2 servers.

Definitely 0% chance of IP ban for westerners, guys.

ChristopherLeeFriday
Jun 27, 2014, 03:13 PM
All of America's ISPs are all in on a big conspiracy to block their customers from connecting to PSO2 servers.

id agree with you if it wasnt fora lot of people saying they are able to get on with carious other isps at work etc

Sayara
Jun 27, 2014, 03:15 PM
For now, might as well wait and see what SEGA will say about the current connectivity situation before jumping to any crazy conclusions.

ShinMaruku

People love to overreact here. I got in on both the game and the site no issue.

Sizustar

You have no idea on what you are talking about, do you?