PDA

View Full Version : Authorization Code issue

Cortte
Jun 27, 2014, 04:31 PM
Like many of us today, we discovered that we have to now use the VPN gate to gain access to PSO2. I set it up and got it working just fine, but hit a snag on the way to log in. It's asking me for a code from my email to verify who the account is. I get it, ive done this before. But the emails WITH the code are not being sent to my E-mail for some reason. Has anyone else run into this issue?

ShinMaruku
Jun 27, 2014, 04:32 PM
I think you jumped the gun on VPN.

Sp-24
Like many of us today, we discovered that we have to now use the VPN gate to gain access to PSO2. I set it up and got it working just fine, but hit a snag on the way to log in. It's asking me for a code from my email to verify who the account is. I get it, ive done this before. But the emails WITH the code are not being sent to my E-mail for some reason. Has anyone else run into this issue?
Others people have, too. It's another issue with using VPNs, the less severe one of the two if you are using a free VPN.

AlphaBlob
"Sega has received reports that users are not receiving their authentication key emails when requested during the login process. Under certain environments, this bug seems to be occurring due to the measures that took place in regards to the DDoS attacks. They are sorry for the inconvenience and are now working towards correcting the problem." -Bumped

Cortte
Jun 27, 2014, 04:33 PM
So what do I do then?

-EDIT- Oh nvm just saw the bumped post. Well I guess I gotta wait still.

AlphaBlob
Jun 27, 2014, 04:34 PM
So what do I do then?
Wait.

Sp-24
Jun 27, 2014, 04:34 PM
Wait. If you can't play with or without VPN, you can't at all.

RollTheDice
Jun 27, 2014, 04:37 PM
Just wait until the server is 100%. Until then stop being a fiend an just wait.

Cortte
Jun 27, 2014, 04:40 PM
I suppose my last question is if anyone knows whether or not us needing to use VPN will be permanent?

.Jack
Jun 27, 2014, 04:51 PM
I suppose my last question is if anyone knows whether or not us needing to use VPN will be permanent?

Once you're able to access the pso2.jp from your usual connection, you shouldn't need the VPN anymore. For those that want to try using one, I'd suggest hotspotshield, it's a paid VPN but you get it free for the first 7 days which by that time is over the game should be back to normal.

solid_snark
Jun 27, 2014, 04:54 PM
I never had luck with the authentication codes being sent to my Comcast address, so I set up a Japanese free-mail provider just for this purpose. Believe it or not, Excite (JP) is still in service and I got my code there with no issues earlier today. You can sign up at email.excite.co.jp (perfunctorty understanding of Japanese required...)