PDA

View Full Version : Any luck on Vita logging in?

batokage
Jun 28, 2014, 01:12 AM
I've tried a few times over the course of the day logging in on my Vita with no luck. Anyone been successful on that front yet?

*edit: I'm in the US, on the east coast

Zipzo
Jun 28, 2014, 03:47 AM
For what it's worth, I have no trouble getting in on my vita, but I live in Japan. My vita is also logged to the JP network, and it's a JP bought vita (though I don't believe that would matter).

This won't help you much if you're wondering if you're IP banned or something, though :/.

Tashun
Jun 28, 2014, 08:16 AM
I've tried a few times over the course of the day logging in on my Vita with no luck. Anyone been successful on that front yet?

I have a Vita and live in the US. Like you, I've also had no luck and still attempting to login. I'm doing my best to be hopeful >.<

By the way, I see that you play as Gu/Te. I've been wondering if that class setup is fun. What are your thoughts on it?

Jazneo
Jun 28, 2014, 08:40 AM
if your in japan then non else will have luck lol we block out till they fix the servers

batokage
Jun 28, 2014, 03:00 PM
All the servers are greyed out when I start up pso2. Haven't tried on my laptop yet but I haven't even gotten to the login screen yet on vita

Raid_Hirsh
Jun 28, 2014, 04:12 PM
I live in east coast side of USA too, and I haven't had any luck on successfully logging on either. I keep getting error 249, no matter how many times I try to log in...

What's really funny about this whole predicament is that I recently bought the Vita, due to my twin brother indulging himself with months worth of anime. I got fed up with him hogging the computer, so I ordered the Vita along with the PSO2 Deluxe Edition copy (on Amazon). Once it arrived at my house -- the whole DDoS nonsense happened and I haven't been able to play it since.

If anything, hopefully tomorrow's announcement (at 2am, Sunday) will shed some light for people (including myself) that's experiencing issues with logging on.

batokage
Jul 29, 2014, 09:15 AM
So no luck still on my end vita-wise. Anyone else got it to work, or is the only way to go now on pc with a vpn? :/

Sara-hime
Jul 29, 2014, 09:19 AM
It certainly seems that way. Maybe if you have a phone that can act as a hotspot and use VPN that way.....

batokage
Jul 29, 2014, 10:06 AM
Hmm...I'll have to try that. Also apparently pso2es is having no problems getting through on my moto x using the same network connection that's bouncing my vita. Does that mean it might be a problem with my router security? Or does ES just use different protocols or w/e?

minim
Jul 29, 2014, 10:10 AM
I have no trouble logging on and playing using my PS Vita. I live in north Alabama, and my ISP is Comcast. Not that you'll see me on it often. PC is the way I roll

Gaylar
Jul 29, 2014, 10:38 AM
To my knowledge, es is on a completely different infrastructure entirely; which is why it isn't blocked.

I'm pretty sure es' service is provided by someone other than the retards over at yahoo.jp
Hence why you can still connect to it, but not PC/Vita PSO2.

I can connect to and play on es with no trouble, but cannot connect to either of the regular PSO2 services (or pso2.jp).

I am also east coast, and my ISP is Comcast, who's service regarding this issue has been absolutely abysmal, not that I can really blame them, the high-end techs I've spoken to pretty much told me flat out that it was mostly out of their hands.

batokage
Jul 29, 2014, 10:59 AM
I see. Well then I'm not really sure what to do then. I mean I'm happy i can access it on my vita, but I guess i got excited for nothing. I'll keep trying to figure it out i guess. Maybe use a vpn...but that'll still leave my vita dead in the water on that front

Walhart
Aug 2, 2014, 04:13 PM
So far when i try it gets to the servers ( which are all grayed out ) and when i chose a ship it gives the 249 error. Is there anyway around his? Or am i going to have to wait? cause it sucks buying a 16GB memory card and downloading the game for it not to work.

Pugas87
Aug 2, 2014, 04:46 PM
Use a vpn on your PC and download virtual router to share vpn access wirelessly with vita

Walhart
Aug 2, 2014, 10:31 PM
well, im trying to get virtual router work but all the fixes online dont work for windows 8 and is there anything else i can use beside vpn?

Misaki Ki
Aug 3, 2014, 05:06 AM
I sometimes sign in at work on breaks from the Vita, using my phone's connection. It is through a VPN, and requires root (android.) I use the same VPN when at home by connecting through a DDWRT router.

Vita really needs better network settings.