PDA

View Full Version : 6/28 Follow Up

Shinamori
Jun 28, 2014, 05:28 AM
I think they said they'll restart the server. I was was able to connect to the PSO2 site through google translate (https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://pso2.jp/players/news/%3Fid%3D3860&usg=ALkJrhi-8Rhv6yGXM-9wVW0GLM-eY2F-WA). =E

https://twitter.com/sega_pso2

Rehal
Jun 28, 2014, 05:38 AM
I don't see the restart server part. ?_?
They are going to bring server down again if the attack intensify again, also instruction on how to fix error 107:

Try to open the launcher again

Tes
Jun 28, 2014, 05:47 AM
Error 107 everytime on the PSO2 launcher in the game folder.

Error 249 every time whilst trying to connect via PSO2 tweaker after inputting login details. I've tried to login over 100 times now. Blah

Shinamori
Jun 28, 2014, 05:48 AM
They said something about a restart of service on the tweet. In any case, they know the measures taken place is affect a number of people.

TaigaUC
Jun 28, 2014, 05:51 AM
Vague. Doesn't look like anything other than acknowledgement that there are issues.

TsukasaHiiragi
Jun 28, 2014, 06:04 AM
The thing is, if any bans are in place - Sega will not openly admit it. But Sega is known for its vague statements lol..

MegaRocker1987
Jun 28, 2014, 06:06 AM
Agreed i know one thing if this problem isnt fixed anytime soon like around the end of july for example im just movin on to a new game i dont like where this is going at all. :/

Tes
Jun 28, 2014, 06:06 AM
If there were we wouldn't be getting error 249 or 107 so stop with the ban speculation already.

MegaRocker1987
Jun 28, 2014, 06:09 AM
If there were we wouldn't be getting error 249 or 107 so stop with the ban speculation already.

There are issues not a ban i agree but hopefully itll all be sorted out :)

moorebounce
Jun 28, 2014, 06:43 AM
I get the 107 error through the actual game launcher but I get to the ship menu (with everything greyed out) when using the tweaker.

PokeminMaster
Jun 28, 2014, 06:45 AM
The connection's bit spotty, but I was able to do a full run of Tower Defense just now, so I think things will slowly be returning to normal soon enough (launched game through the Tweaker)

Also, I live on the east coast of America, so no IP ban, I don't think

Kondibon
Jun 28, 2014, 06:46 AM
The windows are usually greyed out for me as well, I think it's just because the server status isn't updating properly so there might be times when you can't log in for an instant and they all show grey but when you try to log in it works anyway, or vice versa.

Uh, I think it's fairly there has been an IP range ban placed... or a partial one, at least.

To the nonbelievers, please explain why we can connect and play perfectly fine with a Japanese VPN? =/I for one am not denying the possiblity, but chances are it's an accident or temporary. Also I'm pretty sure VPNs don't JUST change your IP.

PokeminMaster
Jun 28, 2014, 06:48 AM
ACK WHAT IS THIS ...B20 is empty, I thought that was illegal

Anyway, good luck on connecting (I find it helps to keep "canceling" back to the Terms of Use thing and hitting "Agree" a second time until the statuses say "Normal")

Shinamori
Jun 28, 2014, 06:48 AM
Uh, I think it's fairly there has been an IP range ban placed... or a partial one, at least.

To the nonbelievers, please explain why we can connect and play perfectly fine with a Japanese VPN? =/

This. As far as I know, SEGA never openly admitted that SEA was banned. What makes you people think SEGA would admit this?

Because your closer when using a Japanese IP. Some people in the US can connect, while others can't. Even some Japanese are getting the 249/107 errors. So, watch something, play another game.

red1228
Jun 28, 2014, 06:51 AM
No luck for me.
Launcher cant even start up the game (error 107) & Tweaker can get the game booted up, but all ship servers remain at "unknown" status. Trying to click on them anyway leads to error 249.

moorebounce
Jun 28, 2014, 07:07 AM
ACK WHAT IS THIS ...B20 is empty, I thought that was illegal

Anyway, good luck on connecting (I find it helps to keep "canceling" back to the Terms of Use thing and hitting "Agree" a second time until the statuses say "Normal")

That's what I was trying but it was never successful for me.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jun 28, 2014, 07:16 AM
old mc donald had a farm eieio and on his farm he had a sheep with a bahh bahh here a bahh bahh there eieio

i guess those sheep i mean people who are screaming IP ban can't read there are JAPANESE GETTING THE SAME ERRORS YOUR GETTING i wonder if they can read capital letters cause lower case doesn't seem to work

IF JAPANESE ARE GETTING THE SAME ERRORS YOUR GETTING THAT MEANS THE SERVER ITSELF IS HAVING PROBLEMS

Kumichan
Jun 28, 2014, 07:19 AM
old mc donald had a farm eieio and on his farm he had a sheep with a bahh bahh here a bahh bahh there eieio

i guess those sheep i mean people who are screaming IP ban can't read there are JAPANESE GETTING THE SAME ERRORS YOUR GETTING i wonder if they can read capital letters cause lower case doesn't seem to work

IF JAPANESE ARE GETTING THE SAME ERRORS YOUR GETTING THAT MEANS THE SERVER ITSELF IS HAVING PROBLEMS

First you gotta calm down. Don't be a little hysteric girl please.
Second, nope japan is working fine except for a few people.

B20 is deserted, other blocks are business as usual.

The Walrus
Jun 28, 2014, 07:23 AM

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/1/13230/246218-keikaku_super.jpg

SammyKiller
Jun 28, 2014, 07:24 AM
I'm pretty sure they already have a foreigner IP blocked in the ToS since like 2012, maybe they decided to enforce it now and will never give a statement because "why should we? you are the one who needs to read the ToS before agreeing to play"

People need to understand that with this game, you basically have 0 say in what happens and probably wont be considered for any kind of defense simply because you are foreigner, expect permanent bans until a solid statement is placed. When you plan something you don't plan with hope of magical-like stuff happening, you plan using WCS (Worst case scenario) and see how you can deal with the situation.

Sanguine2009
Jun 28, 2014, 07:32 AM
for the last time, it is unlikely based on the evidence and symptoms presented that this is an ip ban.

so calm down people and wait. im as anxious to get back to playing as ya guys are but the best thing we can do atm is to go focus on other things

MegaRocker1987
Jun 28, 2014, 07:36 AM
for the last time, it is unlikely based on the evidence and symptoms presented that this is an ip ban.

so calm down people and wait. im as anxious to get back to playing as ya guys are but the best thing we can do atm is to go focus on other things

what she said :p

NexusAZ
Jun 28, 2014, 07:36 AM
I'm pretty sure they already have a foreigner IP blocked in the ToS since like 2012, maybe they decided to enforce it now and will never give a statement because "why should we? you are the one who needs to read the ToS before agreeing to play"

People need to understand that with this game, you basically have 0 say in what happens and probably wont be considered for any kind of defense simply because you are foreigner, expect permanent bans until a solid statement is placed. When you plan something you don't plan with hope of magical-like stuff happening, you plan using WCS (Worst case scenario) and see how you can deal with the situation.

The thing is that NOBODY really gains anything from banning outside IPs. It would do nothing to stop a DDoS from happening again and it would only hurt any business that SEGA gets from outside countries. SEGA originally changed their ToS because PSO2 was meant to have a western release, but since they haven't really done anything regarding that, they haven't been enforcing the ToS unless you were causing problems. If they did actually go through with a western release, then I could understand an IP block, but I honestly don't see that happening. That's just my view on things though. I'm actually able to access the PSO2 JP site every now and then without a VPN, but I haven't really tested out connecting to the game since I'm playing other stuff.

NexusAZ
Jun 28, 2014, 07:42 AM
To the nonbelievers, please explain why we can connect and play perfectly fine with a Japanese VPN? =/

Somebody did answer that, it's because the VPN allows easier access because you're in Japan. Again, just give it some time and see what happens.

Kumichan
Jun 28, 2014, 07:44 AM
This 4ch theory looks solid:

Haha I get it now.

The throttle for foreign IPs is set to low and Japanese IPs it's set to normal.
Which means we are sharing the allowed bandwidth with the DDOS attackers?

Can that be done by a system admin working there?

Why else can we enter and then we can't enter, then we can enter again, etc.

So its not exactly an ip ban but some ip ranges are fucked. This also would explain reports of faster speeds using proxies. Changing IP often can get you banned by the way.

n_n
Jun 28, 2014, 07:46 AM
Somebody did answer that, it's because the VPN allows easier access because you're in Japan. Again, just give it some time and see what happens.

Because your closer when using a Japanese IP.
is not how it works.

NexusAZ
Jun 28, 2014, 07:47 AM
is not how it works.

Then please explain.

SeYc
Jun 28, 2014, 07:48 AM
Well, I can prove that people from my country (Spain, Europe) are playing the game right now without using VPN.
What I dont understant is why they can connect while I can't. I know is because of the different ISP, but we both live in the same country so I don't know why it has to be any difference. Fuck my slow as hell ISP for not been able to connect to PSO2

Remz69
Jun 28, 2014, 07:50 AM
What evidence? Just because some foreigners can slip through (without a VPN) and a small amount of JP players are unable to connect at all doesn't disprove the possibility of an IP ban in place.

it totally does but ok

and about vpn -> pathing

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jun 28, 2014, 07:50 AM
What evidence? Just because some foreigners can slip through (without a VPN) and a small amount of JP players are unable to connect at all doesn't disprove the possibility of an IP ban in place.

Again, I want somebody to answer this:

you want an explanation fine Segas server is having problems picking up signals outside JP
a JP VPN is sending your signal from JP to Segas server no matter how slow it is
basically Segas server is reading your signal as a slow JP Signal

which there are people outside JP that are getting in without VPNS which also supports that Segas server is having problems picking up signals outside JP

which then segas server is even giving a small amount of JP players the same errors were getting which that means theres connection issues even in JP but since JP is closer there will be alot less problems with that region

Niagara
Jun 28, 2014, 07:52 AM
I'm from Belgium, and i can login in about 2~3 tries. Still getting some 630 upon changing Block.

Some of my friends are still unable to play. Error 249.

Meta77
Jun 28, 2014, 07:53 AM
so sega is pretty much saying wait for yet another follow up.

UnLucky
Jun 28, 2014, 07:53 AM
Because traffic headed to Sega's servers through various ISPs aren't even leaving the continent. You can still access other Japanese servers through the same service, so going through a VPN bypasses that problem.

Anything that would change the route your packets travel to avoid the router that's dropping them would let you play just fine.

Try some European or Australian proxy and see if you can connect to pso2.jp

Meji
Jun 28, 2014, 07:57 AM
I'm from Belgium, and i can login in about 2~3 tries. Still getting some 630 upon changing Block.I'm frequently getting 630'd when changing blocks / going to My Room myself, and I live in Japan.
This is mainly SEGA's server still being screwed over. Just gonna have to be patient here.

Chigun
Jun 28, 2014, 07:59 AM
It's easy to say it's "connection issues" if you're not the one blocked. It's because people who say this don't actually understand what we're seeing. There is no such thing as trying enough times to get in. The pso2.jp website doesn't exist. The server doesn't exist. To us, every evidence of the PSO2 server is wiped from existence. Trying to log in for 10 hours consecutively is doomed to fail because it's a damn IP ban, and I'm feeling unbelievably pissed as someone who's given hundreds of dollars to SEGA (and I know about the xenophobic ToS so save it. Just because it exists doesn't mean it was right to begin with).

Getting screwed over and powerless to do anything. Great feeling, no?

Niagara
Jun 28, 2014, 08:01 AM
I'm frequently getting 630'd when changing blocks / going to My Room myself, and I live in Japan.
This is mainly SEGA's server still being screwed over.

Thanks, glad to know it's not just me :3

Tashun
Jun 28, 2014, 08:11 AM
It's easy to say it's "connection issues" if you're not the one blocked. It's because people who say this don't actually understand what we're seeing. There is no such thing as trying enough times to get in. The pso2.jp website doesn't exist. The server doesn't exist. To us, every evidence of the PSO2 server is wiped from existence.

Yes, and the reason why some can connect is because their area doesn't have a heavy cloud of SEGA blockage over them. There are some with decent connection, others with poor, but playable connection, and then there's the people who just plain can't connect. I for one have not been able to connect, not once this entire 24+ hour attempt, like many others.

I'm going to have to agree with this since it's really the only plausible thing as of right now. Until the people who can't connect have a successful connection, this is the only lead we really have.

martinmeegan
Jun 28, 2014, 08:15 AM
Oh for crying out loud, just calm down and get some patience. Sega's servers are having a hard time of it still. There is no IP ban, just mega connection issues.

I can't login to the game or see Sega's website from home but I can see the website from work. Below is the latest information.........For your own health chill out and just wait.

[SPOILER-BOX]重要NEW『PSO2』サービス再開のお知らせ(2)
今回の、不特定の第三者による攻撃に関しまして続報をお知らせいたします。
第三者によるDDoS攻撃は小康状態となっている状況です。
つきましては、6月27日(金)16:00より一部のサービスを除き『PSO2』のサービスを再開しており ます。
サービス再開までお時間がかかってしまい誠に申し訳ございませんでした。
また、サービスの一部再開ということで、ユーザーの皆様には、大変ご不便をおかけしておりますが、今回の対 策が多岐にわたりますため、現在、サービスの安定状況を慎重に見極めている状況です。
なお、各種お詫び対応に関しても、こちらの確認が完了するまで実施することが困難となっており ます。
申し訳ありませんが、こちらにつきましてもご理解いただきますようお願い申し上げます。
現在のところ、サービスの即時停止につながるような重篤な問題は確認されておりませんが、今回実施したさま ざまな対策の影響として、下記の問題を確認しております。
PC認証時においてメール認証キーが記載されたメールが届かない
ランチャーを起動する際に、No.107エラーが発生する
ブロック移動などを行う際に、No.630エラーが発生する
こちらにつきましては、現在、サービスの安定とセキュリティに問題がないか確認しつつ、慎重に対応を進めて おります。皆様にはご迷惑をおかけしておりますことをお詫び申し上げます。
また、以下のサービスにつきましては、お時間がかかり大変申し訳ございませんが、引き続きサービス再開に向 けて対応を進めておりますので、続報をお待ちいただきますようお願いいたします。

ImportantNEWAnnouncement of "PSO2" Resume Service (2)
This time, I will inform you further news in regard attacks by third parties unspecified.
It is a situation that DDoS attacks by third parties has become a lull.
The customer is requested, we have resumed the service of "PSO2" except for some services from Friday 16:00 June 27.
Did I am sorry, your time would take to resume service.
In addition, mean that some resumption of service, to everyone in the user, we apologize for any inconvenience this very much, it is a situation that measures of this time is for Niwatarimasu range, currently, are closely monitoring the stability aspect of service .
In addition, it becomes that also apologize for various correspondence, to conduct confirmation of this place is to complete difficult.
Sorry, thank you for your understanding also with regard to this place.
Currently, serious problems that would lead to immediate cessation of service is not been confirmed, but as the impact of various measures of implementing this time, we have confirmed the following problems.
E-mail e-mail authentication key is described in the PC at the time of authentication does not reach
When you start the launcher, No.107 error
When performing such as block move, No.630 error
With regard to this place, right now, while checking if there is a problem with the security and stability of the service, it is pursuing correspondence carefully. We apologize that we have the inconvenience to everyone.
In addition, with regard to the following services, I am very sorry, your time-consuming, so we complete the correspondence towards the service resumption continue, we ask that you wait for the follow-up.

NEW ランチャーを起動する際に、No.107エラーが発生する
現在、ランチャーを起動する際に、No.107エラーが発生する場合があるとのご報告をいただいております 。
調査の結果、不特定の第三者による攻撃に対する対策の影響で、一部の環境においてエラーが発生する現象を確 認しており、修正に向けて対応を行っております。
ランチャー起動時に[No.107」のエラーメッセージが表示された場合は、恐れ入りますが、時間をおいてから再度接続をお試し いただきますようお願いいたします。
【No.107エラー】
エラーメッセージ
接続中にエラーが発生しました。
しばらく時間をおいてから、再度接続して下さい。
[No.107]

皆様にはご迷惑をおかけしておりますことをお詫び申し上げます。

NEW When you start the launcher, No.107 error
Currently, I have a report when you start the launcher, and there are cases where No.107 error.
A result of the investigation, the effect of measures against attacks by third parties, not specific, it has been confirmed the phenomenon that the error occurs in some circumstances, but we do support towards the correction.
If you receive an error message of [No.107 "is displayed in the launcher startup, excuse me, I ask to have you try the connection again later.
[Error] No.107
Error message
An error occurred while trying to connect.
You wait a while, should be connected again.
[No.107]
We apologize that we have the inconvenience to everyone.

NEW ブロック移動などを行う際に、No.630エラーが発生する
現在、ブロックやマイルームへの移動を行う際に、No.630エラーが発生する場合があるとのご報告をいた だいております。
調査の結果、不特定の第三者による攻撃に対する対策の影響で、一部の環境においてエラーが発生する現象を確 認しており、修正に向けて対応を行っております。
皆様にはご迷惑をおかけしておりますことをお詫び申し上げます。

NEW When performing such as block move, No.630 error
Currently, I have a report when performing the move to my room and block, and there are cases where No.630 error.
A result of the investigation, the effect of measures against attacks by third parties, not specific, it has been confirmed the phenomenon that the error occurs in some circumstances, but we do support towards the correction.
We apologize that we have the inconvenience to everyone.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Asellus
Jun 28, 2014, 08:18 AM
It's easy to say it's "connection issues" if you're not the one blocked. It's because people who say this don't actually understand what we're seeing. There is no such thing as trying enough times to get in. The pso2.jp website doesn't exist. The server doesn't exist. To us, every evidence of the PSO2 server is wiped from existence. Trying to log in for 10 hours consecutively is doomed to fail because it's a damn IP ban, and I'm feeling unbelievably pissed as someone who's given hundreds of dollars to SEGA (and I know about the xenophobic ToS so save it. Just because it exists doesn't mean it was right to begin with).

I've given hundreds of dollars to SEGA, a lot of people have. But I'd say I'm far from pissed off or angry. I'm getting 107 repeatedly but I really couldn't care less. Life goes on.

Tashun
Jun 28, 2014, 08:21 AM
Oh for crying out loud, just calm down and get some patience. Sega's servers are having a hard time of it still. There is no IP ban, just mega connection issues.

Yes, I can agree they're definitely having problems still, but the patience part is growing to be a problem for me :D

metatime
Jun 28, 2014, 08:31 AM

Blame the DDOSers, they ruined people's fun and money.

Kondibon
Jun 28, 2014, 08:33 AM
I say wait until the problems that are effecting EVERYONE are resolved and if you still can't log on THEN complain. Right now there's too much noise to say "OMG GAIJIN IP BAN"

Chigun
Jun 28, 2014, 08:33 AM

You respond to my post bashing people who spout it's just connection issues with... claims that it's just connection issues. Okay.

Interesting news items I admit, but nothing about not being about to access pso2.jp on any devices, so hopes not restored.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jun 28, 2014, 08:38 AM

so let me get this straight people DDOSED segas servers and they were shut down for a week
which Sega had to postpone an update which they could of been making money off of and your complaining about server problems when they just get the servers back online

grabs popcorn and waits for an answer

Chigun
Jun 28, 2014, 08:41 AM
DDoS for a week = reason to IP ban. Was that reply amusing? I don't actually get the point you were trying to make lol.

Shinamori
Jun 28, 2014, 08:41 AM
If we're IP block, you probably get something like this: http://dragonnest.hangame.co.jp. SO I did a tracert on that address.

tracert http://dragonnest.hangame.co.jp
Unable to resolve target system name http://dragonnest.hangame.co.jp.

Musuo Online also has a IP block, did that same thing.

With PSO2.JP?

tracert pso2.jp

Tracing route to pso2.jp [210.189.209.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 10.0.0.1
2 37 ms 12 ms 28 ms 50.160.138.1
3 41 ms 8 ms 10 ms xe-10-0-0-32767-sur01.d4decatur.ga.atlanta.comca
st.net [68.85.90.25]
4 10 ms 10 ms 9 ms xe-12-1-2-0-ar01.b0atlanta.ga.atlanta.comcast.ne
t [68.86.107.109]
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * he-5-13-0-0-10-cr01.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.93.201]
reports: Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.

The connections are timing out. Stop freaking out.

Also, don't know how accurate this is, but. I found this link (http://traceroute.monitis.com/index.jsp?url=pso2.jp&testId=400174)

martinmeegan
Jun 28, 2014, 08:45 AM
You respond to my post bashing people who spout it's just connection issues with... claims that it's just connection issues. Okay..

No, I didn't reply to your post at all. It was general reply to all those who were freaking out so they could see what the official line was from Sega. My helpful advise still stands though.....chill out.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jun 28, 2014, 08:46 AM
nope i was trying to get your point of view in a simpler term without all the rage
but your response basically says i have no paitence nor do i care about sega even though i spent money on the game i comprehend

Chigun
Jun 28, 2014, 08:49 AM
nope i was trying to get your point of view in a simpler term without all the rage
but your response basically says i have no paitence nor do i care about sega even though i spent money on the game i comprehend

I don't... care about Sega?

You must be reading between the lines that are between the lines to get that from my previous post.

I may be low on patience, but I don't see the problem posting on here to kill time. Letting out a little frustration never killed anyone, and it's just being honest with one's feelings. Obviously I plan to "wait and see," same plan as about twelve hours ago.

Crimekiwi
Jun 28, 2014, 09:08 AM
Not enough pso2 makes internet people so, so hostile. Everyone should quit taking their gaming frustrations out on everyone else on the forums and find something else to do for a couple of days..

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jun 28, 2014, 09:08 AM
I don't... care about Sega?

You must be reading between the lines that are between the lines to get that from my previous post.

I may be low on patience, but I don't see the problem posting on here to kill time. Letting out a little frustration never killed anyone, and it's just being honest with one's feelings. Obviously I plan to "wait and see," same plan as about twelve hours ago.

posting isn't a problem it's the point that everybody is over reacting and causing a panic
and not caring about sega well you completely ignored that sega lost a week of potential AC spenders and possibly AC spenders left the game due to it

by you not responding to anything about sega losing money that tells me you don't understand that there server being offline for a week actual hurt there profits abit not to mention sega had to buy security to help prevent this in the future

all in all either you don't understand how this hurts a company or you don't care

Chigun
Jun 28, 2014, 09:17 AM
posting isn't a problem it's the point that everybody is over reacting and causing a panic
and not caring about sega well you completely ignored that sega lost a week of potential AC spenders and possibly AC spenders left the game due to it

by you not responding to anything about sega losing money that tells me you don't understand that there server being offline for a week actual hurt there profits abit not to mention sega had to buy security to help prevent this in the future

all in all either you don't understand how this hurts a company or you don't care

No part of my posts reveals that I don't care about what you claim. Don't put words into people's mouths. In fact, the only negative thing I say directly about Sega in my posts is that they have a xenophobic ToS. Me being angry is an emotion. Here one minute, gone the next, and says nothing about whether I care or not about the company.

My post revolved around lack of access and potential IP blocks. You're turning this into something else entirely. So let's stop here, shall we?

ShinMaruku
Jun 28, 2014, 09:35 AM
According to some there are temp bans and other bans due to vpn. Do at your own risk people.

Yamishi
Jun 28, 2014, 09:36 AM
If we're IP block, you probably get something like this: http://dragonnest.hangame.co.jp. SO I did a tracert on that address.

Musuo Online also has a IP block, did that same thing.

With PSO2.JP?

tracert pso2.jp

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 10.0.0.1
2 37 ms 12 ms 28 ms 50.160.138.1
3 41 ms 8 ms 10 ms xe-10-0-0-32767-sur01.d4decatur.ga.atlanta.comca
st.net [68.85.90.25]
4 10 ms 10 ms 9 ms xe-12-1-2-0-ar01.b0atlanta.ga.atlanta.comcast.ne
t [68.86.107.109]
5 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * he-5-13-0-0-10-cr01.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.93.201]
reports: Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.

The connections are timing out. Stop freaking out.

Also, don't know how accurate this is, but. I found this link (http://traceroute.monitis.com/index.jsp?url=pso2.jp&testId=400174)

Quoting this for accuracy.

It baffles me how people can call it an IP block when only certain people/regions/ISPs are having difficulty logging in. I, for one, have been completely unable to get on. Others have posted that they got in after trying repeatedly. It would be the sloppiest IP ban ever; Sega goes, "Oh, we don't want those baka gaijin playing on our server... Unless they have certain ISPs!"

I've seen posts from people in the US, Spain, Germany, New Zealand, and Italy saying they can get on and play without VPNs. I have also seen JP players and a handful of people using VPNs saying they can't connect. Obviously, those connections coming from Japan are having an easier time of it, but honestly... Sega successfully blocked all IPs from AsiaSoft's area of influence, but failed to block a sizable portion of the United States? Preposterous.

Rupikachu
Jun 28, 2014, 09:43 AM

Errrr it's without the http

Also dragonnest site detects the ip and shows a message when the ip is on blocked range. + i'm pretty sure it detects the useragent to detect googlebot scanning the site.

ShinMaruku
Jun 28, 2014, 09:50 AM
As stated before playing with VPN is a risk they have been temp banning some people. (Could also be overracting. Don't touch the game till money if ya can't log in)

Chigun
Jun 28, 2014, 09:50 AM

Also typing pso2.jp into that service leads to a never-ending load attempt, yielding no results for me.

Edit: Nevermind. I got this http://traceroute.monitis.com/index.jsp?url=pso2.jp&testId=400189

Rupikachu
Jun 28, 2014, 10:08 AM
Considering it affects their site i'm gonna give you a three letter reason it's not an ip ban.

SEO

Raymee
Jun 28, 2014, 10:10 AM

holy damn, how old are you? spellcheck please!

UnLucky
Jun 28, 2014, 10:21 AM
But nothing is incorrectly spelt in that entire post; how old are you?

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jun 28, 2014, 10:21 AM

ohz so sorry iz failed english clazz

PokeminMaster
Jun 28, 2014, 10:32 AM
Wait, is the website having problems too? I can actually visit that just fine, every time I've tried opening it today, and an IP ban is just so unlikely at this point... I have no idea why there are people still promoting it when I can say I and MANY of my friends can get online... (most of my friends are from England or Spain)

viciousbrandon
Jun 28, 2014, 10:35 AM
Is anyone having an issue getting to pso2.jp as well? I still can't access the site nor log into the game through the tweaker or launcher.

Chigun
Jun 28, 2014, 10:37 AM
Is anyone having an issue getting to pso2.jp as well? I still can't access the site nor log into the game through the tweaker or launcher.

Yes. It's a long series of pages, but this and the 6/27 thread are full of people in your boat.

Kikikiki
Jun 28, 2014, 10:51 AM
But nothing is incorrectly spelt in that entire post; how old are you?

#rekt

BIG OLAF
Jun 28, 2014, 10:55 AM

It's grammatical errors and a [severe] lack of punctuation, actually. Their spelling is fine.

Yamishi
Jun 28, 2014, 10:58 AM
So, to follow up, here's what an IP ban looks like:

Tracing route to dragonnest.hangame.co.jp [119.235.231.156]

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms mymodem [192.168.2.1]
2 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms bas1-ottawa11_lo0_SYMP.net.bell.ca [64.230.200.134]
3 8 ms 9 ms 9 ms dis32-ottawa23_9-1-0_100.net.bell.ca [64.230.57.50]
4 43 ms 21 ms 18 ms bx6-newyork83_xe2-0-0.net.bell.ca [64.230.187.162]
5 20 ms 18 ms 18 ms NTTVerio_bx6-newyork83 [184.150.181.191]
6 39 ms 21 ms 22 ms ae-1.r22.nycmny01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.172]
7 80 ms 78 ms 78 ms ae-4.r21.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.51]
8 79 ms 78 ms 78 ms ae-0.r20.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.53]
9 166 ms 178 ms 162 ms ae-6.r20.tokyjp05.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.13]
10 177 ms 198 ms 190 ms ae-19.r25.tokyjp05.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.213]
11 159 ms 172 ms 162 ms ae-2.r00.tokyjp01.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.95]
12 178 ms 182 ms 186 ms xe-0-5-0-11.r00.tokyjp01.jp.ce.gin.ntt.net [61.213.169.242]
13 188 ms 192 ms 188 ms 119.235.224.38

Here's what ridiculous server nonsense looks like:

1 <1 ms 1 ms 1 ms mymodem [192.168.2.1]
2 10 ms 9 ms 9 ms bas1-ottawa11_lo0_SYMP.net.bell.ca [64.230.200.134]
3 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms dis32-ottawa23_9-1-0_100.net.bell.ca [64.230.57.50]
4 14 ms 14 ms 15 ms core2-ottawa23_xe4-0-0.net.bell.ca [64.230.165.73]
5 12 ms 15 ms 15 ms tcore3-montreal01_pos0-14-0-0.net.bell.ca [64.230.79.222]

Basically, on a site where we're not allowed to set foot, the data packets get to their server, then the server goes "LOL NOPE" and the request times out. In the case of pso2.jp, the requests time out inside my own country. A quite likely explanation has been put forward by the user aceoyame, who has suggests that "backbone" operators (the companies that route a lot of internet traffic) cut off traffic to PSO2 during the DDoS. Presumably, everything will go back to normal once these backbone folks realize that the DDoS is over with.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2014, 11:02 AM
So, to follow up, here's what an IP ban looks like:

Here's what ridiculous server nonsense looks like:

Basically, on a site where we're not allowed to set foot, the data packets get to their server, then the server goes "LOL NOPE" and the request times out. In the case of pso2.jp, the requests time out inside my own country. A quite likely explanation has been put forward by the user aceoyame, who has suggests that "backbone" operators (the companies that route a lot of internet traffic) cut off traffic to PSO2 during the DDoS. Presumably, everything will go back to normal once these backbone folks realize that the DDoS is over with.
Well, my route looks exactly like your first example. I get all the way to Japan, probably even to Tokyo, but the server refuses my pings. IP ban confirmed!

However, the pso2.jp site has been refusing pings since the day it was set up. Two years ago, back when it was just released, I could not reach it with ping or tracert, despite being able to play.

In short, it typically helps if one knows what are they talking about before they post something.

UnLucky
Jun 28, 2014, 11:04 AM
Or the DDoS isn't actually over, and these connection problems are the only thing keeping PSO2 alive right now.

Yamishi
Jun 28, 2014, 11:11 AM
Well, my route looks exactly like your first example. I get all the way to Japan, probably even to Tokyo, but the server refuses my pings. IP ban confirmed!

However, the pso2.jp site has been refusing pings since the day it was set up. Two years ago, back when it was just released, I could not reach it with ping or tracert, despite being able to play.

In short, it typically helps if one knows what are they talking about before they post something.

Well, I'm not sure what's happening in your case, but the majority of posters I've seen have had the results present in my second example. It is strange that it would REFUSE your pings, but either way, there are still people who are able to play outside of Japan, so it is certainly not an IP ban. Unless Sega decided they just hate people on AT&T, Cogeco, and the other ISPs that are having difficulty.

And, since you seem to indicate that I don't know what I'm talking about, then perhaps you can explain why my packets are timing out inside my own country, whereas yours do not. I'm not even being snarky about this, if you have an idea, I'd actually like to know.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2014, 11:14 AM
I have no clue, either. All I do know is that it's DNS-related, and is not an indication of either an IP ban or a lack of one. And here's my trace route, with some of the worst response times I've ever seen for the past few days:

http://i.imgur.com/dFuocks.png

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jun 28, 2014, 11:18 AM
Or the DDoS isn't actually over, and these connection problems are the only thing keeping PSO2 alive right now.

Sega never said the DDOS isn't over they said it was slowing down so your assumption is correct

segas exact words the DDOS attack is coming at a much slower rate
since DDOS attacks range from 200 to 400 gigabits per second

im going to be hypothetical with this since we don't have the actual size
lets say it's a 300 gigabits per second when it first started now lets say it dropped to 100 gigabits per second this would still leave a big impact on foreigners and not as big on JP players

Yamishi
Jun 28, 2014, 11:19 AM
I have no clue, either. All I do know is that it's DNS-related, and is not an indication of either an IP ban or a lack of one. And here's my trace route, with some of the worst response times I've ever seen for the past few days:

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/dFuocks.png[/spoiler-box]

That is rather strange. When I tracert other Japanese websites, they resolve fine. Obviously, I can't test pso.jp right now, but I'm curious if others would get the same results as you before this DDoS fiasco. I suppose we'll never know.

Unless someone saved some tracert results from pre-DDoS to show us... :/

Halikus
Jun 28, 2014, 11:20 AM

http://i.imgur.com/dFuocks.png

If it were DNS related you wouldnt even be able to resolve pso2.jp to an ip address..

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2014, 11:25 AM
Well, then I'm out of ideas. But, IIRC, DNS does play a role in laggy connections sometimes.

Still, point is, pso2.jp refusing pings is not a sign of anything, since the site has always been doing that.

Yamishi
Jun 28, 2014, 11:30 AM
Well, then I'm out of ideas. But, IIRC, DNS does play a role in laggy connections sometimes.

Still, point is, pso2.jp refusing pings is not a sign of anything, since the site has always been doing that.

Yeah, but the example I (and many others) posted is that our packets aren't even reaching Japan. That's what has caused the IT-minded among us to scratch our heads and type the letters "wtf" on a regular basis to our loved ones.

LoN_Lina
Jun 28, 2014, 12:07 PM

You're basically correct. If he was plugging the actual meta redirect in it would be the best way to test it sort of. Sega blocks ping packets as a really old way of stopping ddos. The actual redirect server might be a different case though.

I'm going to give a crude insert of my opinion of the facts at hand. If you don't like them I don't care.
Based on what we know of the DDoS we can extrapolate that this is being done by an entity using a multi pc network know as a botnet. Now as botnets are comprised of hundreds to hundreds of thousands of computers it's relatively safe to say they are not isolated to one locality.
So what you're seeing is when you connection dies hitting a middle server in route to Sega's redirect servers or page server.
So in the instance of the one guy he's not making out of his origin country which appears to be hosting the vast majority of the botnets. In the owners position they are actually hitting stopgaps and catching luck bouncing onto other servers that can traffic them across.
These are all happening in network nodes.

Agastya
Jun 28, 2014, 12:20 PM
i'm confident it's an isp throttle at this point.

there's rumors of it being removed if the ddos dies off soon, so yeah, just wait and see. forcing connections by constantly trying to log in and using vpns isnt really going to help much other than maybe getting yourself banned if you're caught using a vpn.

EspeonageTieler
Jun 28, 2014, 12:23 PM
i'm confident it's an isp throttle at this point.

there's rumors of it being removed if the ddos dies off soon, so yeah, just wait and see. forcing connections by constantly trying to log in and using vpns isnt really going to help much other than maybe getting yourself banned if you're caught using a vpn.

i was thinking the same thing (would this also stop access to the official site?) i was talking with alot of people from the us and most who have to use a vpn have comcast as an isp while those who can connect without a vpn have other isp just a theory not sure if its really true but i guess its worth noting

Yamishi
Jun 28, 2014, 12:24 PM
You're basically correct. If he was plugging the actual meta redirect in it would be the best way to test it sort of. Sega blocks ping packets as a really old way of stopping ddos. The actual redirect server might be a different case though.

I'm going to give a crude insert of my opinion of the facts at hand. If you don't like them I don't care.
Based on what we know of the DDoS we can extrapolate that this is being done by an entity using a multi pc network know as a botnet. Now as botnets are comprised of hundreds to hundreds of thousands of computers it's relatively safe to say they are not isolated to one locality.
So what you're seeing is when you connection dies hitting a middle server in route to Sega's redirect servers or page server.
So in the instance of the one guy he's not making out of his origin country which appears to be hosting the vast majority of the botnets. In the owners position they are actually hitting stopgaps and catching luck bouncing onto other servers that can traffic them across.
These are all happening in network nodes.

So, if I'm understanding your opinion, it's that Sega purposely denies ping requests as a result of a dated approach to fighting DDoS, yes? That sounds reasonable enough. And with the packets not making it out of the country, that's where the user aceoyame has been supposing that it's one of the backbone carriers (not Sega) denying access as the result of massive amounts of data flow. It's worth noting that a vast number of people from a lot of different countries are getting the same result, where the tracert starts timing out before it hops to Japan.

Does this correlate with your view on the matter? Just trying to get a consensus going.

Meta77
Jun 28, 2014, 12:40 PM
I really really hope they sega can fix this in the next few days and if it is a ip ban for the usa then the dear sweet dark falz i hope they get hit with heaver ddos every week till they see we did noting wrong and should not sweet punish everyone.

LoN_Lina
Jun 28, 2014, 12:44 PM
So, if I'm understanding your opinion, it's that Sega purposely denies ping requests as a result of a dated approach to fighting DDoS, yes? That sounds reasonable enough. And with the packets not making it out of the country, that's where the user aceoyame has been supposing that it's one of the backbone carriers (not Sega) denying access as the result of massive amounts of data flow. It's worth noting that a vast number of people from a lot of different countries are getting the same result, where the tracert starts timing out before it hops to Japan.

Does this correlate with your view on the matter? Just trying to get a consensus going.

That's basically it. My supposition is that it's not really a denial so much as it's a bottleneck. That's why some get through and other don't.

Shinamori
Jun 28, 2014, 12:46 PM
I really really hope they sega can fix this in the next few days and if it is a ip ban for the usa then the dear sweet dark falz i hope they get hit with heaver ddos every week till they see we did noting wrong and should not sweet punish everyone.

That's not a nice thought.

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2014, 12:48 PM
RIP PSO2

Meta77
Jun 28, 2014, 12:51 PM

At this point I could care less. No offense to you my anger is toward sega. I really really do hope it happens. Why because we us players have just as much dedication to pso than japanese players. We have multiple sites, youtube videos, fan art, cosplays etc all dedicated to the love of the series. We want to support them. They tell us the game will come to the usa but it never does after what 3 years now. The ignore us so we turn to to jp version. We have fun. Some jp players do not mind us and even humor us to a extent. then this happens and wham all that gone. So what if you buy ac and support this game sega says. We just rather ban you all then just get some decent it guys to fix this. its just annoying seeing a great company like sega acting like a bunch of pricks cause they see themselves higher and mightier than any other country that wants to support their games. So yea. i hope it does happen again *if and only if* this was a ip ban.

LoN_Lina
Jun 28, 2014, 12:55 PM

I agree we shouldn't think this way. I also believe that This attack is the result of Everyone waiting so long for an English version to be released and the moment one did Sega said none of the primarily English speaking nations could play. Do I agree with this approach? No; I do understand why though.

Dammy
Jun 28, 2014, 12:55 PM

U! S! A! U! S! A!

Meta77
Jun 28, 2014, 12:57 PM
U! S! A! U! S! A!

I got that ol american blood pumping. Gonna go grill me a burger and a hotdog and smack around my sonic plushie.

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2014, 01:06 PM
Shitty F2P games are a privilege, not a right, especially pso2.

So RIP.

Jaquecz
Jun 28, 2014, 01:14 PM
First you gotta calm down. Don't be a little hysteric girl please.
Second, nope japan is working fine except for a few people.

Yeah thats why there's a bunch of japs on twitter complaining about the 107 errors.
We can't even tell if we're IP banned because (correct me if I'm wrong) we aren't seeing an 819 error, and even if I'm wrong about that, we have japs still complaining about the 107 errors
Sega has even acknowledged the problems.

By the way your coming off pretty jerk-like in the post you made man.

BIG OLAF
Jun 28, 2014, 01:18 PM

That's his goal, yes.

He's spreading false information to rile people up and make them paranoid. I can guarantee he's not able to log in, either, and has no idea what blocks are "business as usual."

Evangelion X.XX
Jun 28, 2014, 01:18 PM
Japs... ? What are ya racist?

BIG OLAF
Jun 28, 2014, 01:19 PM
Japs... ? What are ya racist?

No, probably just ignorant to the fact that "Jap" is usually seen as derogatory and racist. Surprisingly, most people don't know that.

Meta77
Jun 28, 2014, 01:19 PM
noting jerk like about it. Sega jp has always been pretty stingy about stuff they allow over here besides mainstream games.

Jaquecz
Jun 28, 2014, 01:23 PM
Everyone who keeps screamijng ERMAHGERD GAIJIN IP BAN ERMAHGERD Agfkjsrajnhgkcjelghq5

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/22/2233765da16543611a0541500cd4557645f48c53bee3bbff36 ddbab42ad7159a.jpg

Your not helping.
Give us some GOOD reasons (The DDOS isn't going to get US banned, so don't bring that up) for why we would get an IP ban.

Jaquecz
Jun 28, 2014, 01:25 PM
No, probably just ignorant to the fact that "Jap" is usually seen as derogatory and racist. Surprisingly, most people don't know that.

Now i do.
http://cdn.hark.com/images/000/006/085/6085/original.0

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2014, 01:25 PM
dat IP ban doe

UnLucky
Jun 28, 2014, 01:26 PM
Thread lock in 3, 2, 1...

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2014, 01:28 PM
Yeah thats why there's a bunch of japs on twitter complaining about the 107 errors.
We can't even tell if we're IP banned because (correct me if I'm wrong) we aren't seeing an 819 error, and even if I'm wrong about that, we have japs still complaining about the 107 errors
Sega has even acknowledged the problems.

Errors are not a sign of an IP ban. If you get an error that states that your account has been suspended, banned, or deleted, it means just that - your account is banned.

Currently, it's impossible to tell if any IP range has been banned after the servers went up, since Sega never comments on that (so anybody who brags how smart they are for waiting on the "official word" is an idiot), and errors that you do get when trying to connect from banned regions are generic connection errors, such as error 107 in the launcher and error 249 on the login screen.

Jaquecz
Jun 28, 2014, 01:29 PM
Thread lock in 3, 2, 1...

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/attachments/water-cooler/14602d1352934270-random-meme-thread-uploadfromtaptalk1352934263047.jpg

EspeonageTieler
Jun 28, 2014, 01:32 PM

ha dont worry they probably will there are some groups out there who would do this for a very small price or might jsut do it if they see it as un fair

Jaquecz
Jun 28, 2014, 01:56 PM
Errors are not a sign of an IP ban. If you get an error that states that your account has been suspended, banned, or deleted, it means just that - your account is banned.

Currently, it's impossible to tell if any IP range has been banned after the servers went up, since Sega never comments on that (so anybody who brags how smart they are for waiting on the "official word" is an idiot), and errors that you do get when trying to connect from banned regions are generic connection errors, such as error 107 in the launcher and error 249 on the login screen.

Well thanks for clearing that up. eh?
I guess when the japanese dudes on their twitter stop twitting (or tweeting) about their errors then I guess it's safe to assume we've taken the country-sized ban hammer.
Until then we should just assume it's just server problems, I don't think anyone wants to believe its an IP ban until it's the only possibility, and if thats the case I'd really want to get an NA version of the game already.

I want to cross my fingers and hope that the reason it's taking so long is that as the JP version of the game is getting bigger the NA version of the game is translating all of that, and when episode 3 is released we'll get news that the NA version of the game is coming out, and it'll be coming out with all the content from the episode 3 release. But I'm just hoping for that because we don't have
Ass-shit soft.

Even if we didn't get the content the JP version of the game has, I'd still play it because I love the game.

Skize
Jun 28, 2014, 02:13 PM
I think people need to be more realistic... Instead of worrying, pouting, etc; I suggest you all expect the worst and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised. It's like going to watch a movie without any hopes or expectations and actually enjoy it.

TaigaUC
Jun 28, 2014, 02:42 PM
I think people need to be more realistic... Instead of worrying, pouting, etc; I suggest you all expect the worst and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised. It's like going to watch a movie without any hopes or expectations and actually enjoy it.

Yeah, I assumed the worst from the beginning.
It's also why I don't pay attention to any news or releases of anything. Hype sucks.

Tes
Jun 28, 2014, 02:50 PM
The fact people in US and EU have connected without VPNs shows there's not IP bans. The fact a lot of people in JP are getting errors connecting shows this is down to server instability and nothing more.

Xaelouse
Jun 28, 2014, 02:52 PM
Yet people are going out of their way and actually getting banned for real just to play. Heh

Shadowth117
Jun 28, 2014, 02:56 PM
You know, the more proper term should be "IP Block" for a lot of this. There's quite a difference between banning those who've gone through a particular IP range and simply blocking connections from an IP range.

IP Ban is a really stupid misnomer for most of this situation.

Yamishi
Jun 28, 2014, 03:00 PM
You know, the more proper term should be "IP Block" for a lot of this. There's quite a difference between banning those who've gone through a particular IP range and simply blocking connections from an IP range.

IP Ban is a really stupid misnomer for most of this situation.

Agreed on that point.

IndignationSWF
Jun 28, 2014, 03:15 PM
I've been able to connect on rare occasions without a VPN so far. Also it's fair to note that even a good chunk of VPN users are experiencing similar issues so I seriously doubt there's a block/ban. It seems like rather it's an issue of their new precautions interfering with the influx of requests to the servers. It's a kink that needs to be worked out.

TsukasaHiiragi
Jun 28, 2014, 04:25 PM
There obviously is some form of IP block happening at the moment, I think anyone with an ounce of IT networking knowledge would agree. The fact that some people can connect without a VPN but the vast majority who are using VPN are connecting fine speaks volumes here. My Japanese team on Ship04 all have been playing since the servers came back online without many issues, occasionally error 630 when changing lobby but for the most part, they have been playing just fine.

It seems quite a few ISPs are affected, Comcast being the primary US one that is affected most likely due to larger amounts on the botnet that attacked pso2.

Now what does an IP block mean? Honestly? It isn't that much different from a ban, your routing signals to any particular site/location are essentially being filtered into a black hole, Error 107 and Error 249 - Error 107 particularly means the launcher cannot reach the PSO2 servers, I'm willing to bet most people with these problems can't even access PSO2.JP either. The million meseta question here is when/if this IP block will be released - will this be a temporary block or will this be SEA all over again? And, unfortunately time is going to be the answer here - I'd say if nothing changes this time 'next' week then all the people in those blocked IP ranges are pretty much going to require a VPN to play. But what do I know? I'm only a basic network technician - (*^‿^*) - for now though, hold on to some hope -

In theory if you can connect to Pso2.jp then you should be fine. And since the latest status message for PSo2 is サービス再開のお知らせ meaning the service has resumed - then logically speaking here if there isn't some form of IP block in place then you would be able to connect just like before the DDoS occured.

www.sega.jp
www.pso2.jp

Forgot to add, it is quite possible that the IP block could even have been placed by the ISPs themselves when the DDOS traffic increased and SOJ may not even be involved at all. I'm going to bug comcast about it and see if I can learn anything.

Shinamori
Jun 28, 2014, 04:33 PM
Hmm, I'm getting a DNS failed lookup now with comcast.

Keyblade59
Jun 28, 2014, 04:34 PM
Instead of screwing around anymore or trying to log in via tweaker, I'm gonna keep an eye on any potential word from SEGA, and confirmation from people here. I prefer to get banned through any changes

Jaquecz
Jun 28, 2014, 04:36 PM
Just tried connecting to pso2.jp.
1st time the connection was reset.
2nd time I got some stupid yahoo search results instead.
3rd time It went back to timing out.

Can connect to sega.jp fine, but I don't know if that means anything.

Shinamori
Jun 28, 2014, 04:39 PM
There obviously is some form of IP block happening at the moment, I think anyone with an ounce of IT networking knowledge would agree. The fact that some people can connect without a VPN but the vast majority who are using VPN are connecting fine speaks volumes here. My Japanese team on Ship04 all have been playing since the servers came back online without many issues, occasionally error 630 when changing lobby but for the most part, they have been playing just fine.

It seems quite a few ISPs are affected, Comcast being the primary US one that is affected most likely due to larger amounts on the botnet that attacked pso2.

Now what does an IP block mean? Honestly? It isn't that much different from a ban, your routing signals to any particular site/location are essentially being filtered into a black hole, Error 107 and Error 249 - Error 107 particularly means the launcher cannot reach the PSO2 servers, I'm willing to bet most people with these problems can't even access PSO2.JP either. The million meseta question here is when/if this IP block will be released - will this be a temporary block or will this be SEA all over again? And, unfortunately time is going to be the answer here - I'd say if nothing changes this time 'next' week then all the people in those blocked IP ranges are pretty much going to require a VPN to play. But what do I know? I'm only a basic network technician - (*^‿^*) - for now though, hold on to some hope -

In theory if you can connect to Pso2.jp then you should be fine. And since the latest status message for PSo2 is サービス再開のお知らせ meaning the service has resumed - then logically speaking here if there isn't some form of IP block in place then you would be able to connect just like before the DDoS occured.

www.sega.jp
www.pso2.jp

Forgot to add, it is quite possible that the IP block could even have been placed by the ISPs themselves when the DDOS traffic increased and SOJ may not even be involved at all. I'm going to bug comcast about it and see if I can learn anything.

Do know if they say anything about it.

MasterGunz2345
Jun 28, 2014, 04:40 PM
I'd rather just wait till the servers are stable again than trying to use a VPN, or waste my time trying to get through with Tweaker.

EspeonageTieler
Jun 28, 2014, 05:44 PM

www.sega.jp
www.pso2.jp

if comcast is doing it and yu find out mind letting me know? can probably get them to stop pretty easily they jump through hoops to keep costumers (atleast here anyway)

EspeonageTieler
Jun 28, 2014, 06:03 PM
if comcast is doing it and yu find out mind letting me know? can probably get them to stop pretty easily they jump through hoops to keep costumers (atleast here anyway)

ok well i contacted comcast and asked them if they where blocking me from the site and game and they confirmed that the site is now only accessible to those in japan

not saying this is for sure or anything but really sounding like an ip block to me

TsukasaHiiragi
Jun 28, 2014, 06:03 PM
I've already submitted a query to comcast, waiting game now.

TsukasaHiiragi
Jun 28, 2014, 06:05 PM
ok well i contacted comcast and asked them if they where blocking me from the site and game and they confirmed that the site is now only accessible to those in japan

not saying this is for sure or anything but really sounding like an ip block to me

The thing is, if it does turn out to be another ip block then it would be counter-productive since they'll have an even bigger target on them, only a matter of time before some US or EU start DDoS the servers again in revenge.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Jun 28, 2014, 06:06 PM

You can't really go by that. They told me previously that we can't connect to any site that ends in '.jp'. (This was another issue a while back unrelated to PSO2)

It really depends on who you get a hold of. Some people there aren't the brightest of people.

EspeonageTieler
Jun 28, 2014, 06:07 PM
The thing is, if it does turn out to be another ip block then it would be counter-productive since they'll have an even bigger target on them, only a matter of time before some US or EU start DDoS the servers again in revenge.

yea i know lol there are a few groups that would keep pso2 down for good if they want to or get paid enough

also i know you cant trust what they have to say for sure but i figured its worth mentioning

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2014, 06:10 PM
So, anyone want to hazard a guess as to what this shit is actually costing Sega? What would PSO2 be pulling in, and what is this doing to Sega's reputation?

That's obviously the real goal here, so it's funny that nobody's discussing it (as far as I've casually perused).

TsukasaHiiragi
Jun 28, 2014, 06:14 PM
I can access pso2.jp via a proxy which confirms a block IS in place. Anyone who couldn't access pso2.jp before, try this link - However, since its a proxy - as a precaution - don't try to login or anything.

http://www.ejapan.eu/blue/browse.php?u=BxU%2F6TkN9L3ExDk%3D&b=29&f=norefer

EspeonageTieler
Jun 28, 2014, 06:15 PM
I can access pso2.jp via a proxy which confirms a block IS in place. Anyone who couldn't access pso2.jp before, try this link - However, since its a proxy - as a precaution - don't try to login or anything.

it did work for me aswell but the thing that seems wierd to me is that some people from the US can get on with out a vpn that use dif isp

TsukasaHiiragi
Jun 28, 2014, 06:26 PM
it did work for me aswell but the thing that seems wierd to me is that some people from the US can get on with out a vpn that use dif isp

Yeah, thats the problem. Its quite possible that SOJ have nothing to do with the IP Block and comcast and/or others have initiated the block themselves when the DDOS started. Everything right now is all conspiracy and conjecture - and we all know, even if SOJ did ask for blocks, they'll never admit it - and of course everything becomes one vicious circle of blame.

I guess right now, alls anyone can do is start collecting data on what ISPs have confirmed blocks, what ISP services people have managed to successfully connect to the servers etc without the use of a vpn, I'll start =P

Comcast (East Coast) - IP Blocked // Confirmed

EspeonageTieler
Jun 28, 2014, 06:28 PM
Yeah, thats the problem. Its quite possible that SOJ have nothing to do with the IP Block and comcast and/or others have initiated the block themselves when the DDOS started. Everything right now is all conspiracy and conjecture - and we all know, even if SOJ did ask for blocks, they'll never admit it - and of course everything becomes one vicious circle of blame.

I guess right now, alls anyone can do is start collecting data on what ISPs have confirmed blocks, what ISP services people have managed to successfully connect to the servers etc without the use of a vpn, I'll start =P

Comcast (East Coast) - IP Blocked // Confirmed

im east coast as well ive heard people from verison can still get on

MDashK
Jun 28, 2014, 06:30 PM
I can tell my personal experience as well:

I have a ISP at home and other at work. In work, doing tracert to pso2.jp, in 30 hops, I can get at least 1 connection to the IP of the pso2.jp server.
at home, the way it takes in the servers to the pso2 server is the same (except with a nod before reaching japan) and I can't get 1 connection to the IP of the site. Always time-out.

at work, I can connect to the game, after a ew attempts having time-outs in login.
at home, always get error 249. and 107 in official launcher.

Using your ejapan link I can see the site at home. without it, can't.
at work, i can see the site (if i recall correctly).

using a VPN to try to access the servers from home: I did not login, but at least they showed the Normal green status. that's all.
at work, without VPN, Unknown status, but after time-outs, 4-5 tries, I can login.

I guess that's all..

ShinMaruku
Jun 28, 2014, 06:35 PM
So, anyone want to hazard a guess as to what this shit is actually costing Sega? What would PSO2 be pulling in, and what is this doing to Sega's reputation?

That's obviously the real goal here, so it's funny that nobody's discussing it (as far as I've casually perused).

200-600k at most. Since this is a lower time of player activity their losses should be minor. Since they had the servers off the cooling costs went to zero. Only loss they probably got was people buying stuff. Whoever planned this had bad timing, if they had hit during holidays they could have really hurt them.

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2014, 06:38 PM
200-600k at most. Since this is a lower time of player activity their losses should be minor. Since they had the servers off the cooling costs went to zero. Only loss they probably got was people buying stuff. Whoever planned this had bad timing, if they had hit during holidays they could have really hurt them.

Yeah, I was mainly curious about the timing with scratches. Prices were high for a lot of the Sega items, which is what was still in rotation right? I'd imagine they were in high demand, but were they still being scratched?

I mean, they could have done some real damage by timing this to coincide with another game's launch. Like, let's say MH4U or some other game with similar-ish gameplay comes out and they shut down PSO2 for two weeks. A number of people will switch over for quite a while.

Yamishi
On my home/cell connection, I can get onto pso2.jp with no problems since the moment the website came back up. On my work connection, I can't load the page, and tracert times out inside my own country. Call it what you will -- backbone operators refusing connections, IP blocks at an ISP level, et cetera. But I can say without a doubt that the block is not coming from Sega, or ALL of us would be blocked... Unless Sega thought that every single person on the planet used a select few ISPs, which sounds unlikely, even for Sega.

TsukasaHiiragi

The problem is, Sega of Japan care little of what reputation is has outside of Japan, so if anything they'll see blocking gaijin players as a potential positive because it could and most likely would increase the reputation within the Japanese player community by preventing foreign players from causing problems or outages whether you believe that or not :-?

ShinMaruku
Jun 28, 2014, 06:40 PM
I don't think their scratches will be really hurting at this point. If it hit before a big patch then it would have had a better effect. I don't think who did this thought it out very well. They could have timed this shit so much better.

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2014, 06:40 PM
The problem is, Sega of Japan care little of what reputation is has outside of Japan, so if anything they'll see blocking gaijin players as a potential positive because it could and most likely would increase the reputation within the Japanese player community by preventing foreign players from causing problems or outages whether you believe that or not :-?

Oh, I don't care about blocking foreigners. That's totally within their right.

I more meant the way that the servers have been up and down for over a week. That's a little bit troubling regardless of the reason, nevermind it being a plain old ddos - a term that's entered common vernacular these days.

TsukasaHiiragi
Jun 28, 2014, 06:41 PM
im east coast as well ive heard people from verison can still get on

I have an emergency verizonDSL connection I use as a backup, I'm going to swop it over later and check.

.Jack
Jun 28, 2014, 06:43 PM
I've already submitted a query to comcast, waiting game now.

I think people are well aware of that but since the game is still having issues at the moment there's really no need to get in touch with your ISP. AC purchases are down, PSOes is down, theres is still some DDoS still going on, some people outside of JP can log in just fine. The best thing to do is just wait, nothing more.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2014, 06:44 PM
The problem is, Sega of Japan care little of what reputation is has outside of Japan, so if anything they'll see blocking gaijin players as a potential positive because it could and most likely would increase the reputation within the Japanese player community by preventing foreign players from causing problems or outages whether you believe that or not :confused:
While I doubt that banning foreigners would help their reputation much, it's true that Sega cares very little about their reputation outside of Japan, especially with PSO2 and other Japan-exclusive products.

What is interesting, however, is that not instating and IP ban right upon a release is one of the few things that Sega did different from many other Japanese publishers. Depending on what exactly is making the game impossible to play, Sega may be taking a more traditional approach to their management of PSO2.

ShinMaruku
Jun 28, 2014, 06:45 PM
Only foreigners they are planning to block have been blocked. I think Asia soft asked for it. Which is smart because that's money they are not getting which is what should be done in their view.

If they had to spin up never servers that would cost them. I hope they didn't do that.

TsukasaHiiragi
Jun 28, 2014, 06:45 PM
I think people are well aware of that but since the game is still having issues at the moment there's really no need to get in touch with your ISP. AC purchases are down, PSOes is down, theres is still some DDoS still going on, some people outside of JP can log in just fine. The best thing to do is just wait, nothing more.

Pretty much, a IP block is far better than an outright ban, The block is something the ISPs probably did as a reaction to the increased traffic to the DDOS attack and potentially could release the block once the attack ends.

TsukasaHiiragi
Jun 28, 2014, 06:52 PM
While I doubt that banning foreigners would help their reputation much, it's true that Sega cares very little about their reputation outside of Japan, especially with PSO2 and other Japan-exclusive products.

What is interesting, however, is that not instating and IP ban right upon a release is one of the few things that Sega did different from many other Japanese publishers. Depending on what exactly is making the game impossible to play, Sega may be taking a more traditional approach to their management of PSO2.

So you mean the more traditional management by ignoring the rest of the world? :-P If only SOJ would actually acknowledge the fact that there is a very significant amount of foreign players and still a significant market overseas then perhaps everyone would be better off.

It kinder worked when FFXI when they released it in the NA with shared JP servers and is still around today so by that fact, they must have done something right.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2014, 07:11 PM
Only foreigners they are planning to block have been blocked. I think Asia soft asked for it. Which is smart because that's money they are not getting which is what should be done in their view.

If they had to spin up never servers that would cost them. I hope they didn't do that.
Regional publishers have a variety of reasons to implement IP blocks. The most obvious ones being, of course, to separate the regions, to avoid providing service to people they are not allowed to and to not interfere with other regional publishers if the same game has been released in many places. But it's far from the only one, as we have already observed with the Chinese block.

So, are you sure that all IP blocks that they have planned to issue are already in place? And that a sudden DDoS attack that brought servers down for over a week has no way to affect that?

So you mean the more traditional management by ignoring the rest of the world? :razz: If only SOJ would actually acknowledge the fact that there is a very significant amount of foreign players and still a significant market overseas then perhaps everyone would be better off.

It kinder worked when FFXI when they released it in the NA with shared JP servers and is still around today so by that fact, they must have done something right.
There is a difference: Sega is not allowed to provide services outside of Japan. PSO2 is not a global release like FFXI was. It's a regional service, it was intended as such, and Sega did nothing to change that for this whole time outside of not issuing bans to foreigners too often. They do get money from western players, but it all involves workarounds, such as Webmoney, or Google Wallet, and I doubt that western players are a big enough part of their playerbase when even the ship with the largest English-speaking population is still largely filled with Japanese players, who, in addition, have fewer issues paying for the game.

Yes, they are ignoring a large market overseas, whatever their reasons may be. But acknowledging it would simply mean another regional release of PSO2. And everyone here probably knows how it would go.

EspeonageTieler
Jun 28, 2014, 07:13 PM
So you mean the more traditional management by ignoring the rest of the world? :-P If only SOJ would actually acknowledge the fact that there is a very significant amount of foreign players and still a significant market overseas then perhaps everyone would be better off.

i was thinking if the the japanese hate us so much and they dont wanna play wiht us they could atleast throw us all on one ship......theyd lose no money probably make a bit more but as we all know segas all over the world hate money

LoN_Lina
Jun 28, 2014, 09:08 PM
I don't understand Sega's more recent hatred of multinational gaming. PSO was originally all together. they should revert to that way of thinking.

Shinamori
Jun 28, 2014, 09:09 PM
Probably because of people like Broom.

LoN_Lina
Jun 28, 2014, 09:36 PM
Probably because of people like Broom.

This is actually the dumbest possible answer so i'm going to assume you're correct for no good reason other then that is sega's modus operandi

Freshellent
Jun 28, 2014, 10:47 PM
It was simpler times back then, one should also note.

artbunker
Jun 28, 2014, 10:50 PM
Update. I took off my VPN and decided to log in regulary. I was able to get in the game no problem. Again I took off my VPN and was allowed back in . I did this about 5 times.

For the record I tried the non VPN method all day and didn't get in but just recently I was able to log in without VPN

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2014, 10:55 PM
Things are an almost polar opposite for me - I have trouble getting on the site even with a proxy now. Being unable to get past the error 107 without a tweaker probably goes without saying.

Jaquecz
Jun 28, 2014, 10:56 PM
Update. I took off my VPN and decided to log in regulary. I was able to get in the game no problem. Again I took off my VPN and was allowed back in . I did this about 5 times

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/19565267.jpg

TaigaUC
Jun 28, 2014, 11:12 PM
I think this entire "blocked" situation is SEGA tweaking their firewall settings.
Their last announcement admitted that the errors/issues are the result of the measures they took.
They aren't "banning" us (ie. returning a 404 Forbidden error) so much as "ignoring" incoming from certain IP ranges.
That's why people aren't getting responses.

What this means is:
- If you find that you're blocked, then someone on your ISP or in your country was part of the DDoS attack (eg. unwittingly as part of a botnet, or as a proxy).
- If you find that you're unblocked suddenly, it means SEGA is still adjusting IP ranges, and you got lucky. For now.
- If you find that you're suddenly blocked, it means SEGA is still adjusting IP ranges, and you got unlucky. For now.

My landline cannot browse the website or log-in to the game. My mobile/cell phone connection can do both. I tried tracerouting to pso2.jp on both connections:
- My landline internet almost immediately returns time outs as it attempts to leave my country.
- My phone internet goes through some jumps and seems to pass through the same point as my landline (albeit different IP), and then successfully reaches Japan.
- Note that sega.jp works fine on both, and so does ch.isao.net.

For me, this suggests that it isn't a matter of DNS caching, but that certain IP ranges are being ignored by the PSO2-related sites that were DDOS'd.

Also, many people may not be aware of this:
- Even if you are able to connect to the game or browse the website, the game will still give disconnection/time-out errors when attempting to log-in and when changing blocks.
- If you're not flat out receiving an error number from the launcher or client, you probably still have (unstable) access.

So, what should we do? What does this mean?
I think we just have to hope that SEGA unblocks us. I think this also means that anyone unlucky to be near the DDoS sources is probably screwed.
For example, if your ISP/neighborhood is filled with idiots who don't know how to protect their computer from trojans, then chances are you're not going to be unblocked.
Personally, I'm expecting my landline to stay blocked, because I sometimes find my landline ISP/IP banned from random internet websites for bad behavior, despite my never visiting those sites before.

Finally, I suspect that whoever is behind the DDoS attack had something to gain from all this, otherwise they'd have likely claimed responsibility.

LoN_Lina
Jun 28, 2014, 11:21 PM
So interesting side note. I loaded a VPN so i could see if i could connect long enough to get my stamp and Send my girl hunting with a smidge of daily craft. It worked and the pso2 page loaded and some of the other sites that i was looking at today loaded faster. I think the main issue is limited to our localized servers.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2014, 11:25 PM
Yes, it may be a side effect of their DDoS countermeasures. Since data packets are more likely to be lost or corrupted the longer and harder is the path between you and the recepient, you have to resend them more and more often to keep the connection live, which may set off their DDoS protection. It doesn't exactly help that DDoS still seems to be underway, and their site sometimes has problems loading.

This theory is quite a bit more fickle than an IP block, but it would explain why so many people experience it everywhere, including Japan, and why does changing blocks also causes error 630, while simply playing the game doesn't (as often, at least). Though it still doesn't explain why some people can't connect at all no matter what, since my mobile ISP is just about the last IP range to have participated in the DDoS, considering the amount of their subscribers and the rates they have for traffic.

Anyway, if that's the case, theoretically, services that are advertised to improve your latency by routing you through the fastest (and, thus, probably, more reliable) network path should help you connect with better success. The only service I know that offers anything like that is WTFast, though, and, if I remember right, you need to pay to use it. So, no idea if anyone can confirm this, outside of sharing their traced route results to see if a more reliable connection helps you get into the game.

LoN_Lina
Jun 28, 2014, 11:30 PM
重要NEW『PSO2』サービス再開のお知らせ(2)

今回の、不特定の第三者による攻撃に関しまして続報をお知らせいたします。

第三者によるDDoS攻撃は小康状態となっている状況です。
つきましては、6月27日(金)16:00より一部のサービスを除き『PSO2』のサービスを再開しており ます。
サービス再開までお時間がかかってしまい誠に申し訳ございませんでした。

また、サービスの一部再開ということで、ユーザーの皆様には、大変ご不便をおかけしておりますが、今回の対 策が多岐にわたりますため、現在、サービスの安定状況を慎重に見極めている状況です。
なお、各種お詫び対応に関しても、こちらの確認が完了するまで実施することが困難となっており ます。
申し訳ありませんが、こちらにつきましてもご理解いただきますようお願い申し上げます。

現在のところ、サービスの即時停止につながるような重篤な問題は確認されておりませんが、今回実施したさま ざまな対策の影響として、下記の問題を確認しております。

PC認証時においてメール認証キーが記載されたメールが届かない
ランチャーを起動する際に、No.107エラーが発生する
ブロック移動などを行う際に、No.630エラーが発生する

こちらにつきましては、現在、サービスの安定とセキュリティに問題がないか確認しつつ、慎重に対応を進めて おります。皆様にはご迷惑をおかけしておりますことをお詫び申し上げます。

また、以下のサービスにつきましては、お時間がかかり大変申し訳ございませんが、引き続きサービス再開に向 けて対応を進めておりますので、続報をお待ちいただきますようお願いいたします。
現在停止しているサービス

アークスキャッシュ(AC)の購入
スマートフォン版『PSO2es』へのログイン
スマートフォン版『PSO2es』の再開時期に関しましては、こちらをご確認ください。
※「PSO2アークス候補生!」につきましては、サービス再開後の状況を確認した上で再開させていただく予 定です。

今後の対策に関する進捗と状況の報告につきましては、6月29日(日)15:00を予定してお ります。

また、『PSO2』『PSO2es』『SEGA ID』に関するお問い合わせにつきまして、データの調査が必要な場合、返信まで通常よりもお時間をいただく 可能性がございます。あらかじめご了承ください。

※攻撃が激化した場合など止むを得ず、公式サイトへの接続やサービスを再度停止させていただく可能性がござ いますことをご了承ください。

公式サイトへの接続ができない状況が発生した場合、『PSO2』、『PSO2es』公式Twitterおよ びit-tellsの『ファンタシースターオンライン2』お知らせコミュ、公式ブログなどでお知らせいたします。

公式Twitter
『PSO2es』公式Twitter
公式ブログ
it-tells PSO2お知らせコミュ

本件に関するお詫びなどについて

下記のとおり対応を検討しております。

※お詫びの詳細や実施時期につきましては、サービスの再開状況の安定を見たうえで内容や延長期日を設定させ ていただきます。
お待たせしてしまい大変申し訳ございませんが、内容や延長期日などの詳細につきましては今しばらくお待ちく ださい。

ユーザーの皆様に何らかのお詫びを実施いたします。
ACの有効期限を延長できるよう対応を進めております。
プレミアムセット、拡張倉庫などの有効期間が設けられているアイテムについては、有効期間を延長いたします 。
開催中のWEB連動イベントを含む各種イベントやキャンペーンにつきましては、すべて受付と配付の期日を延 長いたします。
※期日につきましては、当初予定されていた期日より1週間またはそれ以上延長できるよう対応を進めておりま す。
対象となるイベントやキャンペーン
・アイテムデザインコンテスト
・『PSO2』2周年記念 キャラクターコンテスト
・『PSO2』2周年記念 キャラクターポートレート
・WEB連動ミッション
・『MJ』×『PSO2』コラボキャンペーン
・『ファンタシースターオンライン2』新規登録キャンペーン第9弾
・AC購入キャンペーン第11弾
・ウェルカムバックGO!GO!キャンぺーン第2弾
・ACを使ってアイテムゲット!キャンペーン第9弾
・2014年6月 ネットカフェブーストデー
・カフェポイント2倍キャンペーン 第10弾
・“PS Vita”版 『PSO2』公認ネットカフェサービススタート記念キャンペーン!
・Sonic's Birthday 2014
・WebMoneyキャンペーン第10弾
・クライアントオーダーキャンペーン第56弾
・「PSO2放送局#21」ゲーム内キーワードプレゼントの受付期間
「キャンペーンアイテム受取」へ配付されているアイテムの受取有効期限が延長できるよう対応を進めておりま す。

※上記以外の内容に関しても検討を進めておりますので、こちらにつきましても内容が確定次第、あらためてお 知らせいたします。
※公式サイト内に掲載されている各種イベントやキャンペーンなどの期日につきましては、延長する前の期日と なっております。現在、延長期間の調整を進めておりますので、調整が完了次第、あらためてお知らせいたしま す。

このたびは多大なるご迷惑と、ご心配をおかけしておりますことを深くお詫び申し上げます。

per bing tranny

Announcements of important NEW "PSO2] service restart (2)

Announces continued regarding the attack by an unspecified third parties this time.

DDoS attacks is situation has become stable.
Please 6/27 (Friday) 16:00 than we resume "PSO2' services except for some of the services.
Sorry, took some time until the service resumes.

There is also a service stability situation currently, assess carefully for the wide range of the actions that some resume services, to our users very inconvenience for any inconvenience, but the situation.
We become difficult to conduct, for various apology for to complete this review.
Appreciate your understanding regarding this sorry, but.

Currently, confirmed the following issues as the effects of various measures do not see a serious problem leads to stop the service immediately, this time conducted.

Do not receive the email mail authentication key in the PC when
No.107 error occurs when launching the Launcher to
No.630 error occurs when they block moves, such as

Please click here now, no problem service stability and security, while promoting response carefully. I apologize that we apologize any inconvenience.

Also, please return to service and time consuming for the following services, we are very sorry, but continues to respond, so you wait continued.
Service is stopped

Purchase of ACS cache ( AC)
Login to the Smartphone version "PSO2es"
Resume time of the Smartphone version "PSO2es" Please, please click here.
* See PSO2 ACS candidates! "Each is going please let me resume after confirming the service resumed after the situation is much more.

Report progress on control measures and the situation regarding the scheduled 6/29 (Sunday) 15:00.

Also, with inquiries about "PSO2',"PSO2es"and"SEGA ID', survey data is required, usually up to reply than you may take some time. Please be forewarned.

* Stop intensified attacks such as Please note that you may again suspend your connection to the website or service, without the.

If you encounter situations could not connect to the official site, official "PSO2',"PSO2es"will let you know on Twitter and it-tells of the Phantasy Star Online 2 News community, official blog.

Official Twitter
"PSO2es' official Twitter
Official blog
It-tells PSO2 news community

About the apology on this issue, including

We consider the response as follows.

* The contents or extended due date is set up in regarding details of the apology and time period saw the resumption of service stability.
You keep waiting and we are very sorry, but for more detailed information, such as content or extended due date now please be patient.

We apologize for any users.
In the extended expiration date of the AC we support so that you can.
For item lifetime premium set, extended storage is provided, we will extend lifetime.
Regarding WEB event held during various events and campaigns we all extend the date of reception and distribution.
* Due date was originally scheduled for the date, 1 week or more longer than can be like we are working for.
Events and campaigns
Item design contest
"PSO2' two year anniversary commemorative character contest
"PSO2' two year anniversary commemorative character portraits
WEB interlocking missions
And "MJ" × "PSO2' collaboration campaign
-Phantasy Star Online 2 new registration campaigns 9th
-AC buy campaign vol.11
-Welcome back GO! GO! Bhoomkar part 2
• Use AC items get! Campaign round 9
6/2014 ネットカフェブーストデー.
-Cafe points twice campaign vol.10
-"Vita" Edition "PSO2' accredited Internet Cafe services start campaign!
Sonic's Birthday 2014
-WebMoney campaign 10 bullets
-Client-order campaign 56 series
'# 21 PSO2 broadcasters' game in the keywords present period
Items are distributed to the campaign item receipt receipt expiration is extended forward support so that you can.

We are studying about the contents of the * other, please click here is once again Announces.
* Been extended regarding the date as listed on the official site in various events and campaigns, before due date. We are currently extended periods of adjustment, adjustment upon completion again Announces.

Deeply apologize for any inconvenience this significant inconvenience and worry.

.Jack
Jun 28, 2014, 11:33 PM
^There should be another update within the next 1-2 hours if I'm not mistaken that'll address some of that. Stay tuned :-D

Kiydon
Jun 28, 2014, 11:37 PM
^There should be another update within the next 1-2 hours if I'm not mistaken that'll address some of that. Stay tuned :-D

Yup, there's an update coming in an hour and a half, should be more info on this.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2014, 11:55 PM
Decided to try out Google's open DNS out of curiosity. Seems like it improved my response time with Japanese servers (or maybe it's just a coincidence, but Tokyo still doesn't take 280 ms to respond anymore), but I still can't connect to the player's site or the game itself.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 29, 2014, 12:09 AM
The only service I know that offers anything like that is WTFast, though, and, if I remember right, you need to pay to use it. So, no idea if anyone can confirm this, outside of sharing their traced route results to see if a more reliable connection helps you get into the game.

well, i just tried with the 1 month free trial of WTFast using their JP2, JP3, and JP4 proxy servers, but it wouldn't establish a connection and the launcher did it's 107 thing, i haven't tried Pingzapper yet tho+^_^+

Sp-24
Jun 29, 2014, 12:20 AM
Oh, well, there goes my dumb theory. Thanks for trying it out, though!

Chik'Tikka
Jun 29, 2014, 12:28 AM
Oh, well, there goes my dumb theory. Thanks for trying it out, though!

that and WTFast uses proxy servers, so i don't know if SEGAC is getting your home IP or WTFast's IP address+^_^+ it's also possible that, because of the 1 month free trial they use, WTFast's proxies may have been part of the DDOS and simply are banned outright. When i set the launcher for the tweaker to try to log in with WTFast, i didn't get more 249s, it just immediately said "server connection timed out" when i tried to log on+^_^+

BlankM
Jun 29, 2014, 12:29 AM
Use JP4 for Wtfast. I was able to get on by bypassing the launcher with tweaker.

Sp-24
Jun 29, 2014, 12:30 AM
Wait, it does use proxies? When I was reading about it a year ago, I thought they explicitly said that you keep your IP.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 29, 2014, 12:37 AM
Use JP4 for Wtfast. I was able to get on by bypassing the launcher with tweaker.

Holy shit, it worked!!+^_^+ however, PSO2 thinks that IP I'm logging from is centered in Komatsubara Japan, although they didn't send me a verification e-mail....

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i57.tinypic.com/o8gute.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Jaquecz
Jun 29, 2014, 12:42 AM
Holy shit, it worked!!+^_^+ however, PSO2 thinks that IP I'm logging from is centered in Komatsubara Japan, although they didn't send me a verification e-mail....

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i57.tinypic.com/o8gute.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

http://emotibot.net/pix/5113.jpg
Wish i had money.
So i could WTFast.

Sp-24
Jun 29, 2014, 01:06 AM
Well, Sega just made another update.

The only thing of note is that there does not appear to be a threat that would warrant taking the servers down again. Apparently, people being unable to connect to the game at all should just keep reconnecting, as the links about errors 107 and 630 suggest.

EspeonageTieler
Jun 29, 2014, 01:08 AM
Well, Sega just made another update.

The only thing of note is that there does not appear to be a threat that would warrant taking the servers down again. Apparently, people being unable to connect to the game at all should just keep reconnecting, as the links about errors 107 and 630 suggest.

so nothing about the problems for those of us who seemed to be ip blocked?

.Jack
Jun 29, 2014, 01:11 AM
so nothing about the problems for those of us who seemed to be ip blocked?

I'd give it another day or two being that it was weekend I don't think they work on weekends (I could be wrong but it's still Sunday in JP) and it was just an update post saying they are still working on it.

Z-0
Jun 29, 2014, 01:12 AM
About those people from Japan getting the 107 error:

People who have reported it to SEGA (from Japan, obviously) are able to play the game again with no problem after receiving a response from SEGA. It seems that SEGA is fixing the error on an individual basis, most likely if you can prove you're a resident of Japan; I don't know if they would fix it for someone outside of Japan.

What I expect is that they've banned ranges from X to Y, which just so happens to include some IP ranges in Japan, and most of mainland Europe, the Americas and some of Austrailia. Absolutely everyone I know on Verizon FiOs is able to connect without problems, as are Telmex (Mexican ISP), which probably have IPs outside the range that SEGA has blocked. Friends in Eastern Europe are able to connect as well, but people from Spain and the UK are unable to do so.

moorebounce
Jun 29, 2014, 01:32 AM
I'll start panicking on Wednesday morning after maintenance if I can't still get on.

.Jack
Jun 29, 2014, 01:34 AM
They are saying something about DDos in the latest update so it might take a while longer. I have no clue how long it takes to fully recover from an entire week of getting attacked.

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 01:35 AM
Worst Case Scenario: I go back to FFXIV to my level 50MNK/DRG.
Seriously though I hope this fixes itself properly rather than quickly. I'd rather this not happen again.

Sp-24
Jun 29, 2014, 01:40 AM
They are saying something about DDos in the latest update so it might take a while longer. I have no clue how long it takes to fully recover from an entire week of getting attacked.
All they said about it is that DDoS attack has become less intense and that there does not appear to be a reason to take the servers down again, and that, although they still may do it if something extraordinary happens.

And a server is not an impressionable maiden. It definitely doesn't take a week to recover from a DDoS.

People who have reported it to SEGA (from Japan, obviously) are able to play the game again with no problem after receiving a response from SEGA. It seems that SEGA is fixing the error on an individual basis, most likely if you can prove you're a resident of Japan; I don't know if they would fix it for someone outside of Japan.

What I expect is that they've banned ranges from X to Y, which just so happens to include some IP ranges in Japan, and most of mainland Europe, the Americas and some of Austrailia. Absolutely everyone I know on Verizon FiOs is able to connect without problems, as are Telmex (Mexican ISP), which probably have IPs outside the range that SEGA has blocked. Friends in Eastern Europe are able to connect as well, but people from Spain and the UK are unable to do so.
Now this is a little worrisome.

Daiyousei
Jun 29, 2014, 02:07 AM
Worst Case Scenario: I go back to FFXIV to my level 50MNK/DRG.
Seriously though I hope this fixes itself properly rather than quickly. I'd rather this not happen again.

I'm on uncomfortable ground with those kinds of games considering my need vs greed rolls completely suck.

I like PSO2's own loot own drops system.

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 02:10 AM
I'm on uncomfortable ground with those kinds of games considering my need vs greed rolls completely suck.

I like PSO2's own loot own drops system.

By the time you unlock Wanderer's Palace(level 50 Dungeon) most people stop rolling anything other than 'Pass' since they've got most of the rare gear and just want Tomes for Myth/Philo Gear.

Dammy
Jun 29, 2014, 02:19 AM
need vs greed is still better than pso1 , when its FFA hunters get everything because they are in melee range( its not cool when hunter pick up a wand from force and trying to sell it to that same force), when its round based you get lvl 26 foie as "rare"
pso2 loot system is huge improvement over this

MasterGunz2345
Jun 29, 2014, 02:23 AM

Now i'm starting to worry lol

Sp-24
Jun 29, 2014, 02:30 AM
Some source on that would be nice, of course.

Kondibon
Jun 29, 2014, 02:33 AM
Now this is a little worrisome.The logistics of that wouldn't make it very practical as a long term solution, and as was mentioned they didn't even bring it up in one of their updates, which you'd think they would if the plan was to fix it all individually. It's likely they're just fixing things individually until the DDoS stops completely and/or they get things working properly again.

That said it wouldn't surprise me if they just never get around to fixing it for everyones.

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 02:52 AM
Maybe all this is Sega's commentary on how bad Sonic has gotten over the years and the DDoS was their 'Sonic '06' stage. xD

Z-0
Jun 29, 2014, 03:27 AM
Some source on that would be nice, of course.
No "real" source I guess, but my friend (Tomia) plays on Ship 5 and is in an all-JP team, so he converses with said people on a daily basis. He got this information from them, as some of those people were getting Error 107, but after contacting SEGA and getting a response, it was fine.

http://puu.sh/9OY00/5df9751bc8.png

Sp-24
Jun 29, 2014, 03:30 AM
Oh, thanks. What did they need to do exactly, though? Provide their IPs, right? Because it looks like all of those people whom I still see not playing PSO2 did not try contacting Sega, and things add up.

EDIT: Well, whatever, guess I'll just write them a love letter and see how things go. Thanks again!

ANOTHER EDIT: Using the problem report form, it looks like I may have to send them my DirectX information. On a scale from 1 to 10, how dumb of a move would that be before trying to get a hold of them over email and get away with as little personal info as possible?

MDashK
Jun 29, 2014, 05:07 AM
An update to my personal experience:

As i said before, I got an ISP at home and another at work.
A friend of mine has the same ISP at home as I have at work.
He tried to login yesterday, happens just like me, a few initial time-outs at login, at 4-5 attempt, he can login...

WHat I can tell for shure in the traces is that: using my home internet, I get a higher ping, because to reach the servers I have to pass though a few extra servers and providers.

After one of the servers, the path to japan is exactly the same.
Meaning the only difference is really the extra nod server at home and the slightly higher ping.

Maybe the connection issues are related to this: higher ping OR higher number of nods to reach the server in japan... At least, that's my theory for now...

Sp-24
Jun 29, 2014, 05:13 AM
That theory didn't work. Very well, at least. +^Chik'Tikka^+ tested it here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3154782), and it doesn't look like a dedicated fast VPN helped, while simply having a Japanese IP address, which that network provided, did (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3154792).

Crimekiwi
Jun 29, 2014, 09:56 AM
I'm getting that maintenence error using the tweaker. All of the ships are grey.
Now hearing that some people can get in anyway, I'm starting to lose hope.