PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Error 816

Meji
Jun 28, 2014, 06:56 AM
Got messages from loads of team members that they were given error 816 upon trying to log in. Some are believing this is a permanent ban, which it is not.
Well, the account has been banned (which is why a 8XX error message is prompted), but only temporarily.
Then, why did the ban occur? I can't say for sure, but I believe it's because of the drastic IP changes (it only occurred to those using VPNs yesterday).

Those who are getting this message also should have received a mail with a lot of information (in Japanese, of course).
This mail clearly specifies that the account has been temporarily banned due to suspected illegal use of the account/password, meaning they suspect someone else is logging in to your account trying to steal all your stuff. Hence, many accounts were automatically locked for security reasons.

Further down in the mail, SEGA is amiably asking for you to contact them so that they can lift the ban.
I guess I could help most of you guys out with this, if you don't know what to write to them. Let me know by posting in this thread, and I will try and help out as soon as I can.

Here's how to fill out the form:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/ioLklKG.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Google Translated version can be found here (http://waa.ai/4XPO).
Make sure your mail looks the same, so you can make sure it's the same in your case.

Also, keep in mind that the SEGA support can take up to 3 working days to reply to the mail.

SammyKiller
Jun 28, 2014, 07:05 AM
My only question regard this 816 is that, why would they suspend you (error 6xx) or whatever and then change your account to 816 and still would make it be a "temporary" measure.

Meji
Jun 28, 2014, 07:06 AM
My only question regard this 816 is that, why would they suspend you (error 6xx) or whatever and then change your account to 816 and still would make it be a "temporary" measure.No clue. That's something you're gonna have to ask SEGA yourself. This is the reason the support exist in the first place.

SammyKiller
Jun 28, 2014, 07:08 AM
I understand, I also believe the email you are speaking off here is an email sent for the suspension (error 606 or 6xx, cant remember) and not for 816, maybe they are just assuming people are foreigners due to account info and just ban them.

Kumichan
Jun 28, 2014, 07:20 AM
Some people don't deserve the ban. Best of luck to you guys.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jun 28, 2014, 07:30 AM
likely to many IPS sets off a flag it's litterally saying you don't want anybody to know who you are so for all they know your account could have been stolen

or you could be a hacker they likely have an automatic program that bans an account after x amount of IPS
and they likely check those accounts to see if you have hacked your character

im not saying you are but these are generally the reasons that MMO companys in japan do things like this call it safety pre cautions

Zipzo
Jun 28, 2014, 07:38 AM
There is probably only a minority of foreign folks who will go through the process of trying to contact SEGA through Japanese...what's worse is you may be inviting suspicion on your account depending on if you faked your account details (which any foreigner must have done).

I have a feeling that this is looking like a bad situation for the foreign community on JP-PSO2 :/

Xaelouse
Jun 28, 2014, 07:44 AM
Natural selection doing a fine job. No offense
Know the risks of free-access VPNs next time

SammyKiller
Jun 28, 2014, 07:47 AM
I too believe its a flaw with free VPN's as I know people using paid vpn's to get online and change their info and still havent been banned, but, as with all things right now, we wont know for sure 'till they give out any kind of statement or we simply put time limits on how long are we willing to wait for them to actually do anything.

Polantaris
Jun 28, 2014, 07:48 AM
Is this related to Error #674?

I never logged in with a proxy, however on any attempt I get this error. It is accompanied by a generic "Issues connecting" error. Not sure if the proxy is blocked or if my account is blocked, or if its something else entirely.

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jun 28, 2014, 08:09 AM
Is this related to Error #674?

I never logged in with a proxy, however on any attempt I get this error. It is accompanied by a generic "Issues connecting" error. Not sure if the proxy is blocked or if my account is blocked, or if its something else entirely.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196025
check this thread

Dammy
Jun 28, 2014, 08:52 AM
yes, SEGA thinks that account got stolen, so they freeze it so "thief" cant do something bad and harmful
and asking owner to contact them

AIDA
Jun 28, 2014, 09:19 AM
I've modified the tutorial to reflect this. Thanks for the info, Meji~

Polantaris
Jun 28, 2014, 10:01 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196025
check this thread

Thanks.

I don't think they think my account has been stolen, yet. I haven't gotten that email that is mentioned in the main post. It's one of the first things I looked for when I saw this thread. That's why I wasn't sure what's going on.

If I don't get it in a few days I'll have to assume it was just a generic connection error and try again in a few days after things have quieted down a little.

The fact that the game auto-blocks you based on your IP is a little weird to me, considering Japanese players tend to use NetCafes to play online all the time. I can't imagine suddenly getting banned because I switched NetCafes one day, or simply decided to play in a different location altogether.

ShinMaruku
Jun 28, 2014, 10:06 AM
My only question regard this 816 is that, why would they suspend you (error 6xx) or whatever and then change your account to 816 and still would make it be a "temporary" measure.

VPNs look suspicious therefore they temp banned while they look into it. It's all part of the defences they put up.

Using vpn is at your own risk. I would wait it out.

BlankM
Jun 28, 2014, 10:10 AM
Do you know if anybody who was suspended used VPNs to change their email due to failed authentification keys?

A lot of people use VPNs, we don't think this was the only criteria.

Searaphim
Jun 28, 2014, 10:12 AM
I did use a paid VPN to get in and I didn't get banned but I could not play either because it asked to confirm it really was me on the account by sending a key via email and we don't receive those said emails at the moment...

SammyKiller
Jun 28, 2014, 10:15 AM
I know someone who changed their email using free VPN to get the key via email, got in the game for a few hours and got "suspended" first 606, then he replied to them stating its him and they followed with 816. His reply was in what I think is pretty fluent JP too. At this point we don't know if the 816 is permanent or temporary for him, or for anyone else who has had this problem.

I recommend using a paid VPN to change the email or doing anything account related as that would probably look less suspicious since its not a IP that can be traced to an unsecure workgroup/network.

Searaphim
Jun 28, 2014, 10:19 AM
I did try to change my email address with a japanese one but the website would not let me saying something went wrong with the input (no matter what I tried)

Ail
Jun 28, 2014, 10:23 AM
gah, i'm getting error 249 and i live in europe. i don't know..

Miyuki_Kamiko
Jun 28, 2014, 10:28 AM
error 249 is usually a Maintence message so probably your actually failing to receive the server data
im going to say this server problems like this can take up to a week to fix

ShinMaruku
Jun 28, 2014, 10:33 AM
Do you know if anybody who was suspended used VPNs to change their email due to failed authentification keys?

A lot of people use VPNs, we don't think this was the only criteria.

Some of them did yes, but not all of them.

wefwq
Jun 28, 2014, 09:59 PM
Anyone here can confirm that people who get their account suspended not using OTP?

Aine
Jun 29, 2014, 12:10 AM
For what it's worth, I don't think 816 is necessarily a permanent ban. A former team member disappeared suddenly one day and a few months later he came back and admitted he had gotten banned for RMT. So either he appealed it somehow (unlikely since he admitted he was guilty) or account bans are temporary.

BlankM
Jun 29, 2014, 09:57 AM
So if anyone has filled out the form, we proly know SEGA doesn't reply over the weekend. Let us know what happens if they send any reply at all.

Yamishi
Jul 2, 2014, 05:27 PM
Just curious if anyone fluent in Japanese could give us a rough answer for Sega, along the lines of, "I've been travelling a lot, and I can confirm that this login is me."

... or something like that.

I haven't been banned, but I did cave and began using a workaround to play this morning, so I just want to be prepared. :)

n_n
Jul 2, 2014, 11:41 PM
Bumping this... I still haven't received a response back. ;;

Has anybody had any luck?

Edit: I sent my inquiry on Sunday.

Z-0
Jul 2, 2014, 11:42 PM
No response. : / Sent mine on Friday.

Sp-24
Jul 2, 2014, 11:47 PM
Just curious, what did you guys say? I already typed up my response in case I also get banned for using a VPN once, but maybe it'll need to be revised a little.

Also, you did make sure to write in Japanese, right?

n_n
Jul 2, 2014, 11:51 PM
Also, you did make sure to write in Japanese, right?
Yes, of course. My message was written by a friend who is fluent in Japanese, too.

.Jack
Jul 3, 2014, 12:07 AM
Keep sending it every day I'd suggest just because you can. It reminds me the time I was banned from PSU for almost a month because it took 1-2 weeks to get a reply and then another 1-2 weeks to get my account back. The GM told me that they had many reports coming in at some point and that alot of them got overlooked (my case).

psychomentos
Jul 4, 2014, 10:48 AM
hi I have not received any email since I sent it to the reason Unban except mail auto-bot

n_n
Jul 8, 2014, 05:19 PM
I still have not received a response. -_-

I have just about given up on this - I have sent an inquiry every other day; my first one was sent on June 29th.

Sigh... I highly doubt I'll ever get my account back. It sucks to be a foreigner... =/

Shinamori
Jul 8, 2014, 05:58 PM
I'd just make a new account
It sucks, but hey.

n_n
Jul 8, 2014, 06:17 PM
I'd just make a new account
It sucks, but hey.
And then get banned again for the same reason? No thank you.

I've already put in so much time and money into this game and I don't want to do that all over again...

Disctraction
Jul 10, 2014, 10:07 AM
Got messages from loads of team members that they were given error 816 upon trying to log in. Some are believing this is a permanent ban, which it is not.
Well, the account has been banned (which is why a 8XX error message is prompted), but only temporarily.
Then, why did the ban occur? I can't say for sure, but I believe it's because of the drastic IP changes (it only occurred to those using VPNs yesterday).

Those who are getting this message also should have received a mail with a lot of information (in Japanese, of course).
This mail clearly specifies that the account has been temporarily banned due to suspected illegal use of the account/password, meaning they suspect someone else is logging in to your account trying to steal all your stuff. Hence, many accounts were automatically locked for security reasons.

Further down in the mail, SEGA is amiably asking for you to contact them so that they can lift the ban.
I guess I could help most of you guys out with this, if you don't know what to write to them. Let me know by posting in this thread, and I will try and help out as soon as I can.

Here's how to fill out the form:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/ioLklKG.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Google Translated version can be found here (http://waa.ai/4XPO).
Make sure your mail looks the same, so you can make sure it's the same in your case.

Also, keep in mind that the SEGA support can take up to 3 working days to reply to the mail.
Due to this problem, What should I write in there " inquiry "

fruiteaterz
Jul 10, 2014, 11:28 AM
there is no such thing as error 816.

hth3heretic
Jul 10, 2014, 11:35 AM

not for us who haven't seen it, my team confirmed the possibility of getting it though but the reason is still a mystery. It probably just happens randomly, I don't see how people could actually set off a ban

[Personal Opinion]
But I bet once you are banned, chances of you getting back to the game is pretty much nil, maybe it would work if you convinced them that you have an address in Japan and that you are overseas for work

Once I'm banned, I'm gonna have to say goodbye to my team

Z-0
Jul 10, 2014, 11:39 AM
Beep, still no response. I got banned on the 29th or 30th of June. Sent 3 enquiries since.

SakoHaruo
Jul 10, 2014, 12:04 PM
Beep, still no response. I got banned on the 29th or 30th of June. Sent 3 enquiries since.

Baaaaaka. That's what you get for having no patience. o3o

fruiteaterz
Jul 11, 2014, 05:56 AM
among the many replies to segahates.us there was a particular one about an overseas japanese worker who got banned. even though he was able to prove he was from japan and such his ban was never lifted.

Disctraction
Jul 11, 2014, 09:11 AM

Same here, still no responce since.:-?

AIDA
Jul 11, 2014, 10:45 AM

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204836

http://s425.photobucket.com/user/stdaniel_004/media/pso20130318_143956_000_zpsc3a3bbc5.jpg.html

Error 816 - We have taken the liberty of terminating your service.

From what I can tell, this is a special error that says the Japanese equivalent of "We're happy to ban you, you deserve it, get out."

ALTHOUGH IN THIS CASE it's a temp ban because they think your account is stolen, and it's to protect your precious loli dewman and their clothes.

Drakesan
Jul 11, 2014, 11:23 AM
For the people that got banned, what method of connecting did you guys use ?

I'm tempted to try the AWS one, but afraid of getting banned. I don't know if should wait more or go for it.

Rehal
Jul 11, 2014, 11:27 AM
Go for it.
Don't worry the ban is only temp so u can probably get yourself unbanned in no time!

The Walrus
Jul 11, 2014, 11:32 AM
Don't think it's that easy. At least some of the people who got 816'd have gotten no response even after multiple requests sent to Sega.

n_n
Jul 13, 2014, 04:17 PM
Still nothing. Ive sent about 7 or 8 inquiries since June 29th. I've pretty much given up now and won't be sending any more in.

Go for it.
Don't worry the ban is only temp so u can probably get yourself unbanned in no time!
Stop it. Your sarcasm isn't welcomed here.

TheszNuts
Jul 19, 2014, 01:46 PM
So has anyone been unbanned for this?

Dnd
Jul 19, 2014, 02:56 PM
I've not heard anything back either, I'm pretty sure I've lost my main account and already started again anyway.

case-sensitive
Jul 19, 2014, 02:57 PM
So anyone success recovering their account from ban?

Some of my teammates got banned and only some of them get reply for their inquiry yet still can't get their ID back.
They said that when they tried to change email to complete the process, page will reject the mail address and state the mail as invalid or something.

n_n
Jul 20, 2014, 02:13 AM
So anyone success recovering their account from ban?

Some of my teammates got banned and only some of them get reply for their inquiry yet still can't get their ID back.
What did the reply look like? How long did it take to get an answer from sega?

case-sensitive
Jul 20, 2014, 03:17 AM
What did the reply look like? How long did it take to get an answer from sega?

I didn't really know the exact reply looks like but they said that they got reply from sega that tell them to login to player site in order to complete the recovery process.
It took about 1-2 days or so.

Well, it doesnt really matter that they got reply or not, they still can't recover the banned ID since sega goofed up and just reject the email address.
Those poor souls who lost all of their precious time.

In case someone already got unbanned, please post here. Might help some people.

Helvetica Standard
Jul 20, 2014, 12:43 PM
Well, it doesnt really matter that they got reply or not, they still can't recover the banned ID since sega goofed up and just reject the email address.

This is hearsay so take this with a grain of salt, but apparently you need to set up a japanese e-mail address (with a japanese e-mail provider) and send the e-mail that way.

dhman2011
Jun 3, 2016, 08:39 PM
is there anybody who got unbanned? please answer me!

Sirius-91
Jun 3, 2016, 08:41 PM
is there anybody who got unbanned? please answer me!

You're replying to a 2 year thread and expecting people to reply.

dhman2011
Jun 3, 2016, 09:29 PM
i want anybody who knows someone who got unbanned

TheszNuts
Jun 3, 2016, 10:39 PM
Outside this being horribly necro'd, I seen one person successfully get their 816 resolved. Was a native JP and still took a month.

dhman2011
Jun 3, 2016, 11:43 PM
do u think it i wait for a month i will get unbanned? after two days i will complete a month

oratank
Jun 4, 2016, 12:04 AM
never heard about that so (´;ω;`)ノシ

Sirius-91
Jun 4, 2016, 12:10 AM
do u think it i wait for a month i will get unbanned? after two days i will complete a month
If you were banned, probably a good reason to which you were banned.

816's are used for various reasons by sega. Mostly temp bans, however you can be permabanned with an 816, so it's a common misconception to think ALL 816's are temp bans.

Which is why you should have inquired SEGA about it in fluent, non google translated, japanese, and they'll tell you why you were banned. If you contest it and explain your reasoning, in fluent Japanese, they'll decide on it and either unban you, or tell you to bugger off.

This is why proper information on your SEGA ID should be filled out, as sometimes one would call you to inquire that way.

TheszNuts
Jun 4, 2016, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't expect it to be lifted anytime soon, remember it took a month for someone who can speak Japanese and lives in Japan to get it lifted. It's a fair chance Sega could say no gaijin allowed.

dhman2011
Jun 4, 2016, 12:23 AM
i send to them many times and there is no respond .....!!

please help me i charge a lot of AC!

Sirius-91
Jun 4, 2016, 01:37 AM
i send to them many times and there is no respond .....!!

please help me i charge a lot of AC!

Who cares if you charged AC. If you got banned, I'll trust sega and say there's probably a good reason why you got banned and why you didn't have replies.

n_n
Jun 4, 2016, 02:30 AM
i want anybody who knows someone who got unbanned
If you got banned for using a bad VPN then you might be out of luck... nobody here was able to get any help from SEGA when they got their account locked after logging in with a VPN/drastically different ip location. And that's because SEGA offers no support to foreigners. If they see you had connected from a foreign ip, you're not going to get any help on your account problem. .-.

If you end up making a new account, make sure you change your IP first or they might ban you again.

AnikaSteinberg
Jun 4, 2016, 03:10 AM
If you got banned, I'll trust sega and say there's probably a good reason why you got banned and why you didn't have replies.

Sorry, but Sega's system ain't that perfect to always ban the guilty and spare the innocent with deadpoint accuracy and consistency.

But yeah, I'd like to reiterate the fact already said here: that Sega will never respond to or would directly reject a query sent on a foreign, non-JP IP.
Also, can you tell us the (more or less) exact time (in JST) that you were 816-ed?

dhman2011
Jun 4, 2016, 10:13 AM
I got banned because i used VPN in mistake ....

why they didnt answer!!

dhman2011
Jun 4, 2016, 01:39 PM
i have a friend in japan if i make him send to them are they will answer?

he is Japanese

Zangor17
Jun 4, 2016, 02:53 PM
I dont use VPNs i can connect just fine but seeing stuff like this makes me wonder. If i had to move and i started playing from my new house/apartment is it possible for them to think thats weird? from what iv seen alot of the account locks are from use of VPNs. just curious.

Totori
Jun 4, 2016, 04:05 PM
No, I move between two houses often. But VPN's ip changes are pretty drastic, and well mostly kinda obvious.

dhman2011
Jun 4, 2016, 07:20 PM
i have a friend in japan if i make him send to them are they will answer?

he is Japanese

answer me please!

ashley50
Jun 4, 2016, 07:32 PM
Ask him now and wait for the result!

answered

dhman2011
Jun 4, 2016, 08:07 PM
ohhh im very scared if they didnt answer......

dhman2011
Jun 8, 2016, 12:00 AM
they send to me this stupid message

SEGA IDサポートよりご案内いたします。

ご申告いただきましたSEGA IDにつきましては、
「利用規約」に違反する行為が確認されたことから、
利用停止対応を実施させていただきました。

なお、本件について今後ご質問等いただきましても、
ご対応いたしかねますこと、ご了承ください。

i hate you SEGA!

i created new charcter and i make Cuteee girl!

Zangor17
Jun 8, 2016, 12:10 AM
SEGA did nothing wrong. any of us who are not living in japan are breaking the TOS just by playing. It does suck that you got hit with this issue but theres nothing you can do about it now.

Sirius-91
Jun 8, 2016, 12:25 AM

SEGA IDサポートよりご案内いたします。

「利用規約」に違反する行為が確認されたことから、
利用停止対応を実施させていただきました。

なお、本件について今後ご質問等いただきましても、
ご対応いたしかねますこと、ご了承ください。

i hate you SEGA!

We told you, be happy you got to play and don't use public VPN's.

TaigaUC
Jun 8, 2016, 12:33 AM
It's so vague though. A few friends and I log into each other's accounts from vastly different locations, and never had any problems.
I can't imagine how they're determining who needs to get banned or not.

Sirius-91
Jun 8, 2016, 01:03 AM
It's so vague though. A few friends and I log into each other's accounts from vastly different locations, and never had any problems.
I can't imagine how they're determining who needs to get banned or not.
Probably automated, if your IP's have been clean then nothing to worry.

TaigaUC
Jun 8, 2016, 01:35 AM
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=84240

Looks like that guy registered and then got suspended 7 hours later for suspicious access.
Maybe he made too many accounts or something.

TheszNuts
Jun 8, 2016, 03:08 AM

SEGA IDサポートよりご案内いたします。

「利用規約」に違反する行為が確認されたことから、
利用停止対応を実施させていただきました。

なお、本件について今後ご質問等いただきましても、
ご対応いたしかねますこと、ご了承ください。

i hate you SEGA!

TBH, you're kinda screwed at this point. Any attempts to make a new account will be redflagged because it matches the IPs used by a banned account.

dhman2011
Jun 8, 2016, 08:39 AM
TBH, you're kinda screwed at this point. Any attempts to make a new account will be redflagged because it matches the IPs used by a banned account.

we all ways playing together me and my sister in the same ip

Totori
Jun 8, 2016, 09:16 AM
Just depends on where you connect from, multiple people on the same IP isn't really ban worthy, but seeing as they look out for VPN's. That pretty much done it. I move between two houses and have 3 accounts. But I don't use a VPN, so it's nothing ban worthy.

dhman2011
Jun 8, 2016, 11:15 AM
Just depends on where you connect from, multiple people on the same IP isn't really ban worthy, but seeing as they look out for VPN's. That pretty much done it. I move between two houses and have 3 accounts. But I don't use a VPN, so it's nothing ban worthy.

oh thank u very much!