PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Let's be realistic...in the event of a foreign IP ban...

Pages : [1] 2

Zipzo
Jun 28, 2014, 07:13 PM
I'm going to lay this out in the most straight forward manner I can, but make the best effort to not let this be a ditto of other doom & gloom type threads.

The fact of the matter is, Japan-side we are having little to no trouble connecting to the game. Sometimes the servers show up as "Unknown" but that doesn't impede us from still successfully reaching our character select and logging on. Occasionally we get a "630" when switching lobbies as well, though that hasn't happened to me since early yesterday. I am having zero issues connecting on the vita as well. I just recently patched my vita PSO2 up-to-date and was able to get in with no issue. Currently I run under NTT Fiber Optic internet, filtered through Asahi Net (and internet provider). In Japan we must acquire both an ISP and an internet portal login service as separate services. It's a pain in the ass, but anyway...

I have seen two methods for foreign players (mostly observed through this forum) to be able to connect to the game...

- Through the use of a VPN.

With rumors fast spreading on this method resulting in a ban...this doesn't seem like a very viable or popular option for many people. As a foreign player your account details are likely "faked" and therefore it's highly unlikely you'll get soft treatment in the event they look in your direction with the use of the VPN.

- If you possess Verizon FIOS.

Verizon FIOS is not available everywhere. In fact it's available in very little areas as far as I've researched in terms of coverage in the US. This is simply not an option at all for many who are unlucky enough to not be in an area that provides it.

I have seen no reports of any other ISP or method allowing connections to the game. I'm not going to outright state that this is an IP ban or some form of "gaijin block", but let's be a bit realistic here...this doesn't look good.

So now I'm here to pose my ultimate question, and before I do I want to clarify something. Don't bother coming in just to say "There's no proof of an IP ban/IP block/ISP block". All I'm addressing is what I see, and asking a question to those affected.

In the event that this is a measure meant to prevent foreign connections, what will you do next?

- Will you continue to attempt to connect to the game through VPN or other means despite supposed risks?

- Would you switch to Verizon FIOS given it was available to your home?

- Will you quit?

I honestly ask this out of curiosity, because at the moment, for all intents and purposes and regardless of what the real problem is...the foreign community is essentially dead.

B-20 is empty (impossibru). My entire team is dead (mostly North Americans). You can say whatever you want, make whatever theory you like, but I'm telling you what this looks like, and as far as I can tell...the foreigners are getting the shit-end of the stick.

So...to repeat my question...

In the event that this is a measure meant to prevent foreign connections, what will you do next?

Asuka~
Jun 28, 2014, 07:19 PM
I'll use a VPN (probably a paid one). If I do get banned somewhere along the line - I'll quit. B-020... I logged in and went there earlier today, there was someone talking to themselves! (It wasn't me, clearly)

Uncle_bob
Jun 28, 2014, 07:22 PM
6 months from now when foreigners are STILL IP blocked people here will still be deluding themselves into thinking that it's not an IP block.

TsukasaHiiragi
Jun 28, 2014, 07:24 PM
I don't think its a large scale IP ban. Someone mentioned an infrastructure issue which is possible in the event of a sustained DDOS attack, the backbone providers (Level3 etc) could limit access to websites/services completely in which case, there is some hope if this is the problem.

Tacoshuriken
Jun 28, 2014, 07:27 PM
6 months from now when foreigners are STILL IP blocked people here will still be deluding themselves into thinking that it's not an IP block.

I don't think SEGA would half ass an IP block like this.
Been playing fine from Australia with no VPN since the servers came back, I doubt they would just IP block America, or just not IP block Australia, seems silly no?

Xaeris
Jun 28, 2014, 07:28 PM
In the scenario you paint, what else is there to do but quit and move on to some other game? Seems like a pointless question to me.

Edson Drake
Jun 28, 2014, 07:29 PM
I'd quit. I have no business with a company that doesn't want me there.

Don't really believe in IP ban in this case though, probably still being attacked by the DDoS so they have some kind of outside Japan protection for minimizing the DDoS right now until they can figure out what to do about it.

However I get the "unknown" for server, but I didn't really tried hard to connect. I'd rather play a smooth game than a clunky-barely-connect-game. So I'll wait out.

Xaelouse
I wish everyone would wait until everything goes back to normal with the servers before all the grim talk.
However as it stands, I will quit the game for an indefinite amount of time. Not worth the hassle.

Meta77
As much as i love pso. it was a good run but id just move on to another game and give sega jp a big f u. and hope other bad things happen to them from time to time.

The Walrus
Jun 28, 2014, 07:34 PM
I'd quit. No real loss honestly.

EspeonageTieler
Jun 28, 2014, 07:35 PM
ill use a vpn and laugh as the servers get ddosd again for a much longer period of time

Unwarsky
Jun 28, 2014, 07:36 PM
I start using VPN since SEGA block China IP. Now, after half year direct connection I have to use it again _(:з」∠)_
The game is great, and we love it. But the operations team is suck, so lawful players get unfair treatment

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2014, 07:36 PM
I've been expecting a ban at any time since the game launched, so I wouldn't be too dismayed.

I could go through the trouble of VPNs, but will I? I doubt it.

Z-0
Jun 28, 2014, 07:37 PM
Been playing fine from Australia with no VPN since the servers came back, I doubt they would just IP block America, or just not IP block Australia, seems silly no?
There are blocks in Austrailia, actually. My (only) Austrailian friend has been blocked.

But this is getting off-topic...

This is a good post.

Zyrusticae
Jun 28, 2014, 07:38 PM
I'm not really invested into the game as it is. I've just kind of been waiting for them to make some major changes to encourage me to login again but they've been way too slow with those, so at the rate things are going I wouldn't even bother trying to log back in until after Episode 3 anyway.

For my online gaming fix there's FFXIV, which is not the same thing at all, but frankly it's the more fun game between the two, so it's not a great loss for me. Speaking of FFXIV - imagine a world where SEGA supported PSO2 internationally on the same level that Square Enix does (where all updates are simultaneous release on all versions and all languages). Imagine it, and weep further as you face the terrible reality.

The Walrus
Jun 28, 2014, 07:40 PM
Doesn't Squeenix have a lot more money than Sega

FOnewearl-Lina
Jun 28, 2014, 07:42 PM
I start using VPN since SEGA block China IP. Now, after half year direct connection I have to use it again _(:з」∠)_
The game is great, and we love it. But the operations team is suck, so lawful players get unfair treatment

You're only lawful if you live in Japan, as you said you're connecting from China so you're not one of them...

Gardios
Jun 28, 2014, 07:43 PM
From my experience with Arad, even if I used a VPN the population would be incredibly small, so I'd quit. GW2 is my main MMORPG anyway so...

UnLucky
Jun 28, 2014, 07:43 PM
If it becomes real, permanent, unresolved indefinitely, or whathaveyou, then my account is as good as banned. There'd be no risk to using a VPN, since it's either play for now or not play at all.

I'd give my stuff away, but that's just not possible even if I could connect.

But I'll give it until ep3 launches before I even bother. There's still a good chance we can all connect normally soon enough, and I at least want to see how bad the update sucks before I suicide my account.

jackfrosty
Jun 28, 2014, 07:44 PM
I just started this game hope I can get to play -_-

UnsentMadman
Jun 28, 2014, 07:44 PM
It's been a good run, and I will remember the good times and move on to other things.

In fact, this is probably for the best in my particular case, as school starts up again in less than 2 months. No PSO2 would mean one less time-consuming distraction to worry about.

Sychosis
Jun 28, 2014, 07:45 PM
I'll quit. Only played for a month. If SEGA doesn't want my money, they won't get it. Now or in the future.

Tacoshuriken
There are blocks in Austrailia, actually. My (only) Austrailian friend has been blocked.

I guess for some reason my house is immune then...

I hope we aren't citing error 107 as proof of IP block, just don't use the launcher (I launch through the tweaker), and try to force your way in, takes me like 3 - 4 log in attempts to get in.
If anything, it's no an IP block they're just throttling outside connections, otherwise this is the most half assed IP block I've seen.

Horo The Wise Wolf
- Will you continue to attempt to connect to the game through VPN or other means despite supposed risks?

I am currently on a VPN. I got my Email with my code, and used it. I am happily playing the game as well. So I guess this is my path.

I've only 630'd twice, which is likely due to the state of the server. They did point that much out. And when it comes to ping and connection I sense no difference than when I was playing with my normal IP.

I am a lucky one, I guess.

Zyrusticae
Jun 28, 2014, 07:46 PM
You squiddin' me, buddy? SEGA is rich, at least half of which is because of their squidiculous profits from their pachinko machines, but still, they don't really have the excuse of a lack of funds for their piss-poor international showing. (For what it's worth, their overall revenue is something like three times that of Square Enix's.)

Mesarthim
Jun 28, 2014, 07:46 PM
I've been on the fence about quitting and I registered for this game March 31st, 2014. As much as I love the style of the game I have many gripes in other departments, namely content. I hit 70/70 on my Fo/Te in well under 2 months and there isn't that much to keep one busy. EQ's? AQ's? Tacos?

My second month of premium expired 3 days or so after the DDoS started so I'm not really missing out. Whether or not I'll quit really depends on when PSO2es is up and running again for payment (I don't webmoney) and whether or not my connection to PSO2 will finally leave the country to Japan.

Until then I'm just playing other games. I've already gotten the jist of the game already so I'm content.

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2014, 07:47 PM
I at least want to see how bad the update sucks before I suicide my account.

Yeah really; I was looking forward to playing a foot-oriented class; even if only for a little while before getting bored and going back to barely signing in.

I can't even say it's because of the classes anymore; I just plain don't want to play that much. I don't care about daily TAs or EQ zerging, so I'd pretty much only sign on for content. So, I mean, in other words: I wouldn't.

MegaRocker1987
Jun 28, 2014, 07:49 PM
I've been on the fence about quitting and I registered for this game March 31st, 2014. As much as I love the style of the game I have many gripes in other departments, namely content. I hit 70/70 on my Fo/Te in well under 2 months and there isn't that much to keep one busy. EQ's? AQ's? Tacos?

My second month of premium expired 3 days or so after the DDoS started so I'm not really missing out. Whether or not I'll quit really depends on when PSO2es is up and running again for payment (I don't webmoney) and whether or not my connection to PSO2 will finally leave the country to Japan.

Until then I'm just playing other games. I've already gotten the jist of the game already so I'm content.

same thing :p im gonna try another game like onigiri by cyberstep :p

EspeonageTieler
Jun 28, 2014, 07:49 PM
You squiddin' me, buddy? SEGA is rich, at least half of which is because of their squidiculous profits from their pachinko machines, but still, they don't really have the excuse of a lack of funds for their piss-poor international showing. (For what it's worth, their overall revenue is something like three times that of Square Enix's.)

yup only reason is racism

The Walrus
Jun 28, 2014, 07:50 PM

Really? Huh, always figured Squeenix was still doing better despite the stupid choices they've been making lately.

Shinamori
Jun 28, 2014, 07:50 PM
I'd really just quit. I'm not paying for a VPN. Could get banned due to IP sharing.

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2014, 07:51 PM

I'm more inclined to believe it's good old fashioned complacency, but old dudes being closeted( or not) racists isn't necessarily an uncommon thing.

Unwarsky
Jun 28, 2014, 07:53 PM
You're only lawful if you live in Japan, as you said you're connecting from China so you're not one of them...

Players and SEGA are using different measurement criteria,I think:-?
VPN works fine for me, that's good enough:D

Keyblade59
Jun 28, 2014, 07:54 PM
I kinda have a history and a team here so it'd be MUCH appreciated to not lose this game, plus I just started paying for prem. I also love the PSO franchise as it is, definitely my top 10. Either way if this goes to hell, yeah I'll have to accept to move on and do something else as un-productive and time consuming as PSO2.

From my experience with Arad, even if I used a VPN the population would be incredibly small, so I'd quit. GW2 is my main MMORPG anyway so...

oh yeah that reminds I should probably get back to my guild

Zyrusticae
Jun 28, 2014, 07:56 PM
Well, I wouldn't go that far, but it's pretty obvious where their priorities lie.

Really? Huh, always figured Squeenix was still doing better despite the stupid choices they've been making lately.
But it makes sense if you consider that SEGA is just a bigger company. Besides its first-party studios, it's acquired a number of others (most famously Relic Entertainment, Creative Assembly, and Index which owns Atlus) and does a lot of third-party contracting. Square Enix is basically Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Eidos games, and a handful of smaller studios. They have a very tight focus compared to other big-name publishers.

Neirene
Jun 28, 2014, 07:58 PM
I'm going to lay this out in the most straight forward manner I can, but make the best effort to not let this be a ditto of other doom & gloom type threads.

The fact of the matter is, Japan-side we are having little to no trouble connecting to the game. Sometimes the servers show up as "Unknown" but that doesn't impede us from still successfully reaching our character select and logging on. Occasionally we get a "630" when switching lobbies as well, though that hasn't happened to me since early yesterday. I am having zero issues connecting on the vita as well. I just recently patched my vita PSO2 up-to-date and was able to get in with no issue. Currently I run under NTT Fiber Optic internet, filtered through Asahi Net (and internet provider). In Japan we must acquire both an ISP and an internet portal login service as separate services. It's a pain in the ass, but anyway...

I have seen two methods for foreign players (mostly observed through this forum) to be able to connect to the game...

- Through the use of a VPN.

With rumors fast spreading on this method resulting in a ban...this doesn't seem like a very viable or popular option for many people. As a foreign player your account details are likely "faked" and therefore it's highly unlikely you'll get soft treatment in the event they look in your direction with the use of the VPN.

Verizon FIOS is not available everywhere. In fact it's available in very little areas as far as I've researched in terms of coverage in the US. This is simply not an option at all for many who are unlucky enough to not be in an area that provides it.

I have seen no reports of any other ISP or method allowing connections to the game. I'm not going to outright state that this is an IP ban or some form of "gaijin block", but let's be a bit realistic here...this doesn't look good.

So now I'm here to pose my ultimate question, and before I do I want to clarify something. Don't bother coming in just to say "There's no proof of an IP ban/IP block/ISP block". All I'm addressing is what I see, and asking a question to those affected.

- Will you quit?

I honestly ask this out of curiosity, because at the moment, for all intents and purposes and regardless of what the real problem is...the foreign community is essentially dead.

B-20 is empty (impossibru). My entire team is dead (mostly North Americans). You can say whatever you want, make whatever theory you like, but I'm telling you what this looks like, and as far as I can tell...the foreigners are getting the shit-end of the stick.

So...to repeat my question...

For the past 10 years since the release of PSOBB in japan in 2004 I've been playing the online games from SEGA Japan without any issue or risk of an IP ban even speaking only English with jp players because my Japanese knowledge was very very basic back in the day, despite I've heard stories are just stories nonetheless, not only PSOBB but also played PSU, RFOnline Japan when SEGA was the publisher, Splash Golf, and even used to participate and write in English a small blog in SEGA link when it existed back in the day.

And to this day I never had an issue regarding bans, blocks, IP bans or stuff like that even with PSO2 despite even back in the day you saw the usual "JAPAN ONLY" sign on most online services they don't really mind, however if the management decides that foreign IP's (I'm surprised you haven't said "Overseas" already)should be blocked, I will continue to play until it's completely impossible to connect however I know this not gonna happen at all.

I love the phantasy star series and I owe to this games many teachings I've had in the past and so I will continue to play regardless of any "risk" that "might" happen.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jun 28, 2014, 07:58 PM
Players and SEGA are using different measurement criteria,I think:-?
VPN works fine for me, that's good enough:D

SEGA is law.

The Walrus
Jun 28, 2014, 08:00 PM
But it makes sense if you consider that SEGA is just a bigger company. Besides its first-party studios, it's acquired a number of others (most famously Relic Entertainment, Creative Assembly, and Index which owns Atlus) and does a lot of third-party contracting. Square Enix is basically Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Eidos games, and a handful of smaller studios. They have a very tight focus compared to other big-name publishers.

Eh, true. I suppose I never really bothered thinking about it much.

Yamishi
Jun 28, 2014, 08:04 PM
I'd hop on a VPN, but probably only if it's free. If not, or if I get a ban while playing on said VPN, I'd quit.

Don't get me wrong, I love PSO2, and would wish I could keep playing, but if they don't want me on there, I'm not going to try to be sneaky and play dodge-the-banhammer.

LordShade
Jun 28, 2014, 08:05 PM
I guess for some reason my house is immune then...

I hope we aren't citing error 107 as proof of IP block, just don't use the launcher (I launch through the tweaker), and try to force your way in, takes me like 3 - 4 log in attempts to get in.
If anything, it's no an IP block they're just throttling outside connections, otherwise this is the most half assed IP block I've seen.

I'm in this guys boat. Same deal here.

Its more-then-likely not an IP block, rather they're just throttling connections from outside sources in an attempt to mitigate a DDOS.

moorebounce
Jun 28, 2014, 08:05 PM
I'll give Sega a week or two to let us foreign players back on. After that I would tell SOJ to go f@*k themselves and think hard about giving the SEA version a try. The content will be behind but at least it will be in English.

Unwarsky
Jun 28, 2014, 08:06 PM
SEGA is law.

Yes, it is.
Now what? Just give in and let it ruin your character?

The Walrus
Jun 28, 2014, 08:06 PM
I'll give Sega a week or two to let us foreign players back on. After that I would tell SOJ to go f@*k themselves and think hard about giving the SEA version a try. The content will be behind but at least it will be in English.

Don't you still need to use a VPN to access the SEA servers?

FOnewearl-Lina
Jun 28, 2014, 08:08 PM
Yes, it is.
Now what? Just give in and let it ruin your character?

No! You break the law and become unlawful!

Merceneries of Lilipa, Meseta Bandits ride again.

BIG OLAF
Jun 28, 2014, 08:09 PM

But SEGA half-asses literally everything else they do, so why not?

artbunker
Jun 28, 2014, 08:10 PM
NOt to brag, but I'm using a VPN now. I been playing the game on and off today. For me, getting the game started at time went from smooth to fracking fustrating. IF the IP ban is for real, then SEGA will have problems.

In their defense, there is still a lot of stability in transferring to places and even game freezing NPC's still around. NOt a lot of players either .

Yes you could run a emergency quest or 2 with the amount of people in there. But most of the places felt like ghost towns. our usual blocks of 4,6, and 20 looked like a church after the rapture . Very few folks were in there and it was depressing. No one was talking to anyone either .

No way is SEGA gonna IP block folks for long or at all. Its just too much money to miss out on and too many numbers to lose to impress their shareholders with.

Yamishi
Jun 28, 2014, 08:10 PM
I'm in this guys boat. Same deal here.

Its more-then-likely not an IP block, rather they're just throttling connections from outside sources in an attempt to mitigate a DDOS.

I don't think it's Sega doing the throttling. This whole "backbone infrastructure" theory seems to be the only one that can't be easily dismissed. But that's a conversation for another thread (or five other threads, as the case might be).

In the meantime, I've been playing Age of Empires Online (which is sadly set to shut down in a couple of days) and Gears of War on the 360, because it's a game I can easily wrangle my friends into playing. If PSO2 never comes back, I'll probably just do more of that.

And drown my sorrows in root beer or something, I don't know.

Purrl
Jun 28, 2014, 08:11 PM
I really enjoy pso2 and would still like to play it (with vpn or not), but without friends and the english community it feels rather pointless.

I know nothing is set in stone yet, but I honestly gave up hope a few days ago. Sad to lose my biggest obsession of the past year, but I have like 60 unplayed steam games so a new obsession is probably just a click or two away. *shrugs*

Horo The Wise Wolf
Jun 28, 2014, 08:11 PM

I laughed more than I should have. Thank you

On another note:
I wonder how much Webmoney we contributed to towards those fancy Game of the Year awards they got.

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2014, 08:13 PM
You can always make a new character and just level back up using speed hacks if your account gets banned forever.

It's not like this game deserves to be played legitimately.

final_attack
I'd try to see how things goes .... at least I'll wait for next week.

I'll try to log-in using VPN if things get better. And should I got banned .... time to move to another game then. Kinda hard to find Dual Gun class in game with gameplay that I liked ^^;

I don't have much time to play due to irl things though ....... I prefer I can get back to PSO2 to relax the brain ^^;

Already planned to go premium after bought 1 PS Vita game that I liked ..... but, will see how it goes.

The Walrus

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/6131-my-man.gif

NOt to brag, but I'm using a VPN now. I been playing the game on and off today. For me, getting the game started at time went from smooth to fracking fustrating. IF the IP ban is for real, then SEGA will have problems.

In their defense, there is still a lot of stability in transferring to places and even game freezing NPC's still around. NOt a lot of players either .

Yes you could run a emergency quest or 2 with the amount of people in there. But most of the places felt like ghost towns. our usual blocks of 4,6, and 20 looked like a church after the rapture . Very few folks were in there and it was depressing. No one was talking to anyone either .

No way is SEGA gonna IP block folks for long or at all. Its just too much money to miss out on and too many numbers to lose to impress their shareholders with.

I would assume the vast majority of their money comes from the JP whales so yeah probably wouldn't matter to them much...

Unwarsky
Jun 28, 2014, 08:14 PM
No! You break the law and become unlawful!

Merceneries of Lilipa, Meseta Bandits ride again.

I'm unlawful because of your ignorance but I'm still playing your game
SEGA, come and bite me

BlankM
Jun 28, 2014, 08:14 PM
The game is literally two extra clicks for me to start up now, so I'm not deterred at all from playing.

However things definitely won't be the same if friends quit. I'll probably feel less motivated to put in that extra effort. Especially knowing it could all be taken away.

I've always felt it for a long time though. They could go on a banning spree whenever they want to really. Hackers ruined it for us a long time ago when the ToS first got changed, and they ruined it for us again now. With that in mind I've never felt the fear of ban to be a big issue. If I can't be happy with PSO2 in the present, just playing it, then I don't see why I should be anxious about playing it in the future. So I prefer not to think about it too hard. Though I understand where people come from when they invest 1000s of hours into the game for it to be kept away from them.

I just hope to maintain ties with the people I met and properly thank them for help and good times eventually.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jun 28, 2014, 08:17 PM
I'm unlawful because your ignorance but I'm still playing your game
SEGA, come and bite me

Yeah cause breaking the TOS makes you a lawful player.

Ignorance is bliss...

Chaoszshadow
Jun 28, 2014, 08:21 PM
If ep3 hits and theres still an ip block, then ill just use a vpn whether i get banned or not. I tried playing other mmos and they do not interest me in long term like pso does.

There are mmos im interested in but do they arent even out in korea yet let alone even have a english website(though some do) so until they get released and prove to be as fun as pso ill just keep using vpns and making more accounts if i get banned.

Not to mention the ep3 dual sabers are looking hot

Uncle_bob
Jun 28, 2014, 08:21 PM
JP ONRY

also lol at everyone thinking Sega is losing a huge amount of money by doing this

FOnewearl-Lina
Jun 28, 2014, 08:22 PM
also lol at everyone thinking Sega is losing a huge amount of money by doing this

JP ONRY and YOU BAN!

lol they should release a pie graph showing the geographic location of all their players.

BIG OLAF
Jun 28, 2014, 08:23 PM
I laughed more than I should have. Thank you.

You're welcome, I suppose.

To answer the actual question: I hadn't been playing much that past month or two anyway, so I'd probably just sit back and see if they add anything that looks cool to me (the Episode 3 content doesn't look cool to me, so it would have to come after that). If some stuff came out that caught my interest again, I suppose I'd look into a VPN or whatever.

But, that's getting ahead of ourselves. Despite what people have been saying, there's still no solid evidence that any kind of block has been put into place; everyone so far has only posited completely anecdotal 'proof' and theories. Unless Your Uncle Who Works at SEGA tells you, I won't believe there's been an outright "ban."

However, if it turns out there has been, then words wouldn't really be able to express how goddamn stupid SEGA would have to be to do something like that over a couple of probable pizza-grease-soaked neckbeards who used a basic DDoS program to collapse their servers (lol), whom may not have even been from a Western country.

artbunker
Jun 28, 2014, 08:24 PM
http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/6131-my-man.gif

I would assume the vast majority of their money comes from the JP whales so yeah probably wouldn't matter to them much...

No your right a lot of thier money is comming form their Japanese fan base. But the one thing most business folks want is to make more money . IF someone can show a extra 5-10% profit margin under thier reign, then they look good to the company and are rewarded for thier preformance. Now I dont know how Japanese companies work, but I'm sure if you can show a profit with them also , you will be rewarded.

We the "other players" give them that 5-10 % extra that make the folks in charge of the game look better than they already are. No were not the majority of players on the game. Ill give you that. but we are the ones who give that extra bump in profit margin..

They wont let that money slip away so easily.

The Walrus
Jun 28, 2014, 08:26 PM
I doubt it's even 1% honestly. You overestimate our contribution to their profit.

Unwarsky
Jun 28, 2014, 08:28 PM
Yeah cause breaking the TOS makes you a lawful player.

Ignorance is bliss...

LOL It makes no sense
Since 2012/08/08 1100(JST), every non-JP player is lawful player

Keyblade59
Jun 28, 2014, 08:28 PM
We provide enough to be at most 10% of their profits in PSO2, I highly doubt they plan on leaving that behind so soon

The Walrus
Jun 28, 2014, 08:31 PM
LOL It makes no sense
Since 2012/08/08 1100(JST), every non-JP player is lawful player

You are only supposed to connect to and play the game from inside Japan. Doing otherwise is against the ToS.

Uncle_bob
Jun 28, 2014, 08:33 PM
JP ONRY and YOU BAN!

lol they should release a pie graph showing the geographic location of all their players.

Here you go, entirely 100% accurate.

Keyblade59
Jun 28, 2014, 08:34 PM

Can't figure out if we are under Chinese Meseta Farmers or Who Cares

The Walrus
Jun 28, 2014, 08:34 PM
Well Barackistan is America, and America is the only country that matters soooooooooooo....

Unwarsky
Jun 28, 2014, 08:38 PM
You are only supposed to connect to and play the game from inside Japan. Doing otherwise is against the ToS.

OK OK I give up.
I'm going to finish my TA and have a lie-in.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jun 28, 2014, 08:51 PM

Guess I'm part of "who cares"

Punisher106
Jun 28, 2014, 08:52 PM
I just hope to god that they release some more information about them fixing this instability issue. If this is the unlikely chance of a region lock, somebody is going to die. A slow and painful death. And that person would be the DDoSer.

Lashette
Jun 28, 2014, 08:57 PM
Well honestly I'm in a bit of confusion actually. I went to check out Verizon Fios, asked me to enter my address and all that crap and told me that service wasn't available in my area. Went to google a coverage map, and it sent me right to the Fios website had a box that said enter zip code for when it'll be available in my area, and it said it was available. I live in Maine so not really a big place for OMG lightning fast internets. so I guess I can call Monday and find out from someone who knows. But at any rate if this does turn out to be worse case scenario, Sadly I'll have to quit. I don't want to risk running a VPN, and end up getting banned anyways. I would probably just use the VPN once, to log on, transfer Team Master to someone who plans on staying no matter what, and then getting my goodbyes in. It's really depressing cause our team's one year anniversary is July 8th, what a way to celebrate it huh? Saying goodbye to a team I created, and grew, and really cared about.

TsukasaHiiragi
Jun 28, 2014, 09:08 PM
I think right now its even more annoying since I have pso alert on my tablet and I got an alert for Dark Falz Loser which is going on right now >.< and cannot play, ugg - so annoying lol I think I'm going to uninstall the alert app for now lol

MegaRocker1987
Jun 28, 2014, 09:14 PM
I think right now its even more annoying since I have pso alert on my tablet and I got an alert for Dark Falz Loser which is going on right now >.< and cannot play, ugg - so annoying lol I think I'm going to uninstall the alert app for now lol

i did the same thing this morning i also removed it off my chrome xD

AlaskanKactus
Jun 28, 2014, 09:28 PM
I've been thinking about this too. In the event that this is an IP block (I don't believe it) then I would quit. Its been a good run but I don't want to jump through hoops on an unstable connection not to mention for a company that doesn't want my money.

I've met some good friends through this game so it isn't a total loss. I'll probably go back to PSOBB and go back to playing multiple games unlike before when I focused all of my time on PSO2.

This drought has also made me pretty productive in my creative work too so that's also a good thing I guess.

LordKaiser
Jun 28, 2014, 09:32 PM
To answer the Op question, I will use a VPN but if I DC often then not only I will quit PSO2 but online gaming as a whole. This is not the 1rst time that my online gaming experience is ruined. Also I wont play P2P online games.

Often if it's not a security issue then it's a lack of support or anything else and I got fed up with it.

Dragon_Knight
Jun 28, 2014, 09:38 PM
IF it is an IP ban I'll just walk away. I've had to watch many a PSO/PSU character of mine go, it will be no big loss to see another set down the drain.

I have my doubts its that serious though, so I'll give it some time. In the mean time I'm playing Wildstar, I hate that its an unknown P2P in an era where unknown F2P is what dominates, but its been fun so far.

Chdata
Jun 28, 2014, 09:39 PM
I'm going to lay this out in the most straight forward manner
And he posts a tl;dr instead of something concise.

If we get IP blocked, I'm quitting. It's already been down long enough for me to lose hype/interest in it.

I'm playing Team Fortress 2 again.

Zipzo
Jun 28, 2014, 09:41 PM
And he posts a tl;dr instead of something concise.

If we get IP blocked, I'm quitting. It's already been down long enough for me to lose hype/interest in it.

I'm playing Team Fortress 2 again.

Straight forward doesn't necessarily mean brief, chief.

Lashette
Jun 28, 2014, 09:51 PM
In a way is is kinda of sad cause for a long time I was having an issue keeping interest in any kind of game. some I play for a couple days and lose interest right away, and others maybe lasts a month or two and then I just stop playing it. PSO2 changed all that, and actually revived my dying interest in games as a whole. for the time being I'm playing other games. *cough* PVZ2 china version, cause the EN version sucks and it's too easy.

Walkure
Jun 28, 2014, 10:04 PM
I've only been playing in short like few-day bursts every couple weeks since about January/February.

I picked Ship 10 because my gaming group is on that server. Even with a VPN or whatnot, I'd have at most like 2 people who'd bother to play then. With some tools like Chat Translater I can communicate with JP, but not enough beyond EQ parties/MPAs so that'd be a dead end.

For online games... same group is currently on Vindictus, and I've had enough of Nexon with one game, so I'm probably going to either find something fun in GW2 or resub to FFXIV, at least until Dungeon n' Fighter global reopens.

sabitsuki
Jun 28, 2014, 10:07 PM
OK OK I give up.
I'm going to finish my TA and have a lie-in.
un酱prpr

Freshellent
Jun 28, 2014, 10:28 PM
I hardly played the game as it is. My interests were largely based around friends, robutts and blind loyalty to the series. As it stands I find myself still defending the game on the merit that it does some things well. Yet, it does so many other things wrong, and very wrong indeed.

I suppose I'd finally quit. Almost being forced to at that rate. We're incredibly lucky that we can play at all and it's quite troublesome for me personally to get on as it is. I'm a little bothered that I spent money on a PS game again that wouldn't have lasted for me but I should have known better.

It's not worth using even more programs to play for me. Friends and series aside. I suppose I could focus on other projects, but I wonder if I'd feel the same way if it was for PSU. I think honestly, I'd log in again if I could. And that game was fucking TERRIBLE.

KuroKanden
Jun 28, 2014, 10:30 PM
I suppose I'm one the lucky peepz with Fios to wind up unaffected by this whole incident. But its still quite unfortunate to see that most of my friends are having troubles connecting. (without the usage of a vpn)

Team's been rather inactive lately because of this, its rather discouraging.

Viper Snake
Jun 28, 2014, 10:36 PM
I'm in Indiana, USA with Verizon FIOS and all I get is Error 249.

keywen
Jun 28, 2014, 10:41 PM
If the situation doesn't get any better in a week or so, I'm done. Maybe I'll check in every now and then to see if things get any better, but I'm about ready to cut my losses. If it is a foreign IP block (which I very much so doubt) or if the game is unplayable a month or so from now, gg. I love PSO2, and I'd hate to have my time playing end this way.

Edit: Althought, I was just able to log in. The server timed out a couple times, but I was able to get in. Using my school's internet and we have a contract with TWC, so there's that!

IndignationSWF
Jun 28, 2014, 10:59 PM
TBH I don't know. I'd most likely quit, but because me and my friends get together so often on skype and play I'd feel like I was letting them down. There is no F2P MMO that we've tried that has kept us playing for more than a month besides PSO2.

TsukasaHiiragi
Jun 28, 2014, 11:02 PM
I guess, luckily I go on vacation early next week so its not like I can play much at the moment anyway. But I'm going to fully assume if its not in a playable state by the time I get back, then I'll assume the worst.

Jungo Torii
Jun 28, 2014, 11:23 PM
If it's actually a block of any sort this game's not worth setting up a VPN to me, so eh.

Good times, good people. But I can leave it behind rather easily.

Velad
Jun 28, 2014, 11:27 PM
I would quit I suppose despite really enjoying the game.

Railkune
Jun 28, 2014, 11:46 PM
It'll be rough, I'd imagine, but I'll have to move on. My friends and I will simply find another game. Until that time comes (should it come) I'll be hopeful on them fixing the servers.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 28, 2014, 11:46 PM
Maybe the FCC finally decided to permit fast and slow broadband lanes, thereby compromising net neutrality.... gotta pay them ISPs extra now to get stable overseas connections (like long distance on land line phones)!!!+^_^+

Lashette
Jun 28, 2014, 11:48 PM
If the situation doesn't get any better in a week or so, I'm done. Maybe I'll check in every now and then to see if things get any better, but I'm about ready to cut my losses. If it is a foreign IP block (which I very much so doubt) or if the game is unplayable a month or so from now, gg. I love PSO2, and I'd hate to have my time playing end this way.

Edit: Althought, I was just able to log in. The server timed out a couple times, but I was able to get in. Using my school's internet and we have a contract with TWC, so there's that!

I have TWC and I can't connect at all, unless it though a VPN. But then again I'm not really being persistant at trying to log in. just check it every few hours or so, get the same errors, go meh, and go back to playing PVZ2.

IndignationSWF
Jun 28, 2014, 11:50 PM
Dem Premiums to use your Premiums.

starwind75043
Jun 29, 2014, 12:40 AM
I have a main game. This was just a fun side project if i was still unable to connect...o well i knew the risk going in so why cry over it. This experience wont ruin my love for the ps/pso universe so ill be ok.

Vetur
Jun 29, 2014, 01:08 AM
If I weren't lazy, I would do the VPN thing, and even if I got banned, I'd just keep making new accounts each time until I get bored of the game.

On the other hand, I am indeed too lazy to deal with VPN. So if they do IP ban, I would likely just play other games until I actually go to Japan(about every 1-3 years), then I might visit PSO2 from there, if I am even still interested by then.

As of late, I haven't even been much interested in playing PSO2 for 2 months, so I wouldn't be too upset, honestly. I feel like the only reason I even play anymore is because I just want to get the latest scratch fashions.
I log in, dress up my character several times, run around a bit, and log off.
If PSO2 ends for me, I'll just move on. I have other games I can play for fashion, or I could actually work on my own 3D fashion modeling which I've been neglecting.

What I would really miss most is probably the combat system of PSO2, which I have never found MMO games that have as smooth/flawless combat controls as PSO2.
Games like Tera just don't do it for me anymore. I can't stand cooldowns for dodging, or being unable to attack in mid-air.

Daiyousei
Jun 29, 2014, 01:57 AM
I found a thread on 2ch http://awabi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ogame3/1403880505/

They're expressing their thoughts about the block too.

Keilyn
Jun 29, 2014, 02:03 AM
I wouldn't do the entire VPN thing.

Personally, I spend more of my time developing real skills and abilities in the arts and sciences than playing video games due to being sick and tired of reaching a game's end of life and finding out that I've spent 1000s of hours of my life, time, money and energy on games I never will be able to play again.

Once I reached the point where action becomes circular in PSO2 (like in most games) I seriously cut down my playtime. Its not that I don't like the game, but that I am aware of how much I gain from playing, how much time I lose and I have never believed completely in simply allowing oneself to "kill time through playing games" which is the very same thing as saying "I don't care about my time as long as I am working or doing something towards society" where such time exists for you to do things for yourself. ^_^

Chik'Tikka
Jun 29, 2014, 02:52 AM
I found a thread on 2ch http://awabi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ogame3/1403880505/

They're expressing their thoughts about the block too.

so much mackerel+^_^+

Sp-24
Jun 29, 2014, 02:58 AM
Fortunately, it's most likely a troll thread. English intro, and 80 replies over 2 days? Seems like it's on a life support, probably by the same person who started it.

Though the amount of unique IDs is interesting.

-Nozomi
Jun 29, 2014, 03:04 AM
Wouldn't care really, not gonna bother with vpn either so might as well find other games to play

TreeBerry
Jun 29, 2014, 04:48 AM
I don't know what I would do... As sad as it is, PSO2 became my life and passion so back to being lost I suppose. Still have some faith in SEGA but it's dwindling.

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 09:03 AM
I wouldn't do the entire VPN thing.

Personally, I spend more of my time developing real skills and abilities in the arts and sciences than playing video games due to being sick and tired of reaching a game's end of life and finding out that I've spent 1000s of hours of my life, time, money and energy on games I never will be able to play again.

Once I reached the point where action becomes circular in PSO2 (like in most games) I seriously cut down my playtime. Its not that I don't like the game, but that I am aware of how much I gain from playing, how much time I lose and I have never believed completely in simply allowing oneself to "kill time through playing games" which is the very same thing as saying "I don't care about my time as long as I am working or doing something towards society" where such time exists for you to do things for yourself. ^_^

Amen to that. :)

RadiantLegend
Jun 29, 2014, 09:09 AM
IF it is an IP ban I'll just walk away. I've had to watch many a PSO/PSU character of mine go, it will be no big loss to see another set down the drain...
Pretty much this. I've learned to just let it go. It has been fun and if this is the end, then SO BE IT /catalyst voice

Squall179
Jun 29, 2014, 09:40 AM
I've just given up on PSO2. I'll miss it, met friends there, good people, but there just isn't enough to actually do and see in this game.

As much as this may be controversial to say, I actually missed PSU more and still do, there were more places to go, even in the NA/EU release, more to see, there felt like there was more game to play, than this.

I miss the art style of t he original PSO, I see people with avatars and sigs from the original game and it just reminds me how much I liked that artstyle.

I've moved on to Wildstar, get a bit of a PSO meets Ratchet and Clank vibe from that actually.

Goodbye, PSO2.

Reyva
Jun 29, 2014, 09:58 AM
I haven't played in months anyways so I really don't care. However, I am going to miss playing PSO2: Forum Edition. Right now, its off the chain with everyone bickering and arguing and speculating muhaha. Oh, my bad, I'm just laughing at the ones who cannot live without PSO2. If that is the case, I guess their head just blew up.

I'm not up for trying to connect via any other method either. I'm not that in love with the game and even though I spent $ on the game, I knew full and well that one day I could be blocked. Kinda why I didn't take the game that seriously in the first place. The game had its fun moments back at the very start, but these days, its boring as hell for me.

This is also why I kinda put a stop to that pso2 wiki I was going to build back then. Another thing I can wipe from my site now.

Unlike the others on here really, 80% of my time is dedicated to work. 20% is for everything else. There were only a few periods when I took vacations where I had time to play video games a lot. However, I will be playing my console games as usual.

In the case its something else though, I'll be right here playing PSO2: Forum Edition when all the crybabies said "I tolduz uzzzzz its wuzzunt a IP blox, dumb nubs." Either way, I'm going to get a laugh out of how this community reacts and continue to play the game seldomly.

BIG OLAF
Jun 29, 2014, 10:09 AM
Oh, one of those "I shall continue to laugh at all of you lesser beings from the shadows of cyberspace dohohoho" fellows.

Meta77
Jun 29, 2014, 10:29 AM
As long as i can buy the art books still otherwise still saying f u to sega if they did the bad thing.ip ban. but well know tuesday i guess.

MasterGunz2345
Jun 29, 2014, 11:11 AM
It's funny because I just got back into PSO2. I didn't and still don't have the money to move my ship 1 character to ship 2 since thats where the majority of english speaking players are at, so I started from scratch. Wasn't happy about at first, but once I started, as I progressed, my ship 2 character was turning out a 1000x better than my ship 1 character. I was already getting good weapons from the start, used tips I asked on the forums such as how to raise a mag well, which important skill trees to level up since i'm only going to be using a ranger/gunner, etc. My character was coming out way better than my previous one. I would be so pissed if SEGA made it official that this is an IP ban now. Hopefully it's not, I really hope it isn't, I love PSO2. If it is, then of course i'm going to be pissed, but at the same time, i'll just have to move on and accept it. Guess we'll see what it really is on tuesday or wednesday...

SakoHaruo
Jun 29, 2014, 11:17 AM
That feel when you don't need VPN to log in. I'm really enjoying this lagless PSO2 experience.

But, I do hope you guys make it back soon. Good luck! (chuckle)

Asellus
Jun 29, 2014, 11:36 AM
That feel when you don't need VPN to log in. I'm really enjoying this lagless PSO2 experience.

But, I do hope you guys make it back soon. Good luck! (chuckle)

Jump off a cliff.

gaijin_punch
Jun 29, 2014, 12:00 PM
I'm in Tokyo, and my login process is definitely not problem free.

It takes me a few tries of putting my password in for each login. Once I'm in, I give a 50/50 chance on successfully switching lobbies. If I play for 30 minutes or more then switch lobbies, it's 100% failure rate.

As per many people on my team (all in Japan), "It's not stable". No reason to think foreign IPs are being targeted (yet).

gigawuts
Jun 29, 2014, 12:01 PM
Jump off a cliff.

And ruin his irl stats? atm he has 0 suicides (afaik), let's not have him risk that ok?

lunarsoul
Jun 29, 2014, 12:01 PM
Same, I just got back into PSO2 recently after a long absence. If my comeback is short lived well I had a good run, ill miss it a bit, but I can live without it. I wouldnt want to play for a company that is actively trying to prevent me and my friends from playing their game. If they dont want me, then its their loss. Im pretty sure I can find a good North American Online game that welcomes Japanese players.

This is reminding me of the current Garena situation. Garena has been "down" for 2 months and if you want to log on to play DotA on their servers you need to use VPN and use an Asian IP. Most westerners assume they have been IP blocked. So thats two recent games where I have to jump through hoops to play now.

SakoHaruo
Jun 29, 2014, 12:14 PM
Jump off a cliff.

I'm.... sorry? Will you forgive me? :(

I'll make sure I give you something extra special once you return. o3o

And ruin his irl stats? atm he has 0 suicides (afaik), let's not have him risk that ok?

lol, ikr. :wacko:

SilkaN
Jun 29, 2014, 12:54 PM

It takes me a few tries of putting my password in for each login. Once I'm in, I give a 50/50 chance on successfully switching lobbies. If I play for 30 minutes or more then switch lobbies, it's 100% failure rate.

As per many people on my team (all in Japan), "It's not stable". No reason to think foreign IPs are being targeted (yet).

Thanks for the confirmation.
I guess we really shouldn't depend on the stability of the SEGA servers for now, it's true that people are able to login with that pingzapper method but it's not worth it since we get disconnected all the time.

NoiseHERO
Jun 29, 2014, 12:57 PM
Jump off a cliff.

That emotionally unstable withdrawal backlash doe.

Karen Erra
Jun 29, 2014, 01:42 PM
As SEGA said they are still working on the connection issues that are acting up, I don't see a point about arguing about an IP ban/block/whateverthehelltocallthatcrap.

Apparently aaaall the people here have no patience at all. It may just take some time, so why don't wait, instead of crying and running in a circle "OMG we are IP banned"... I really don't get it.

As I already stated in another thread, I believe, I have problems connecting to the game servers too. Depending which ISP I choose to connect, it works out (or I get Error 107'ed at the launcher/Error 249'ed in the game), but with another ISP it does not work at all, giving me insta-Error 107/249, regardless how often I try.

At this point, I think it's just a matter of time to restore the game's full functionality. Seeing, that there's a lot of trouble in the game itself - like getting 650 error for E-Mail, 630 error for switching blocks, it shows that the game is running not quite well.

And now you are coming to say, it's surely just a problem of the foreign-IP-people. Then I would like you to answer the following question:

Why!! would Sega say that these problems are there and that they are working at it?! I'm quite sure that not a whole lot of non-JP-players are able to sent a detailed report to Sega, because most importers probably don't know a whole lot of japanese.

I think that's enough for the moment and I just wish all the people trolling around with IP block crap would shut the f up...

EnixBelmont
Jun 29, 2014, 02:04 PM
I don't see why so many people look down and call people saying it's probably an IP block trolls. It's legit the most likely scenario to any sane person.

Fear mongering and telling everyone it's the end, when the IP block(if it is an IP block, which is likely) could easily be temporary due to issues? Sure, that's bad. But threads like this are important, because there is a very real chance there is an IP block.

I'm disappointed, myself. Only played around a week, though, so I'm not missing that much. I have such a backlog anyway an MMO taking up all my time isn't something I need. I'll quit and go back to waiting for the USA release.

The Walrus
Jun 29, 2014, 02:13 PM
You mean waiting for something that will never happen.

inb4announcedtomorrowalongwithusbeingbannedfromjps ervers

NoiseHERO
Jun 29, 2014, 02:19 PM
I don't see why so many people look down and call people saying it's probably an IP block trolls. It's legit the most likely scenario to any sane person.

Fear mongering and telling everyone it's the end, when the IP block(if it is an IP block, which is likely) could easily be temporary due to issues? Sure, that's bad. But threads like this are important, because there is a very real chance there is an IP block.

I'm disappointed, myself. Only played around a week, though, so I'm not missing that much. I have such a backlog anyway an MMO taking up all my time isn't something I need. I'll quit and go back to waiting for the USA release.

They've probably simply done a lot of sloppy counter-measures against the DDoS which includes limiting and blocking a lot of connections including cheap/shady IP's from free VPNs and ISP's blocking people from connecting all together because of said DDoS attack.

Counter measures making a mess, which is why they keep saying they're trying to fix things that they basically said they did. So it might not even be a full on block, just kool-aid spilled all over the network.

If we are perma IP Blocked/IP Banned, it'll be to avoid another case of whatever disgruntled person did this attack/was maybe even hired to do this attack. Which is actually up in the air but assuming so may as well go in line with the previous IPban cry wolf's.

Anyhow you paranoid-kuns have talked the speculation to death so you guys get the point just wait, back to trolling people addicted to this game.

Karen Erra
Jun 29, 2014, 02:32 PM

Oh I wonder why people call them trolls. Because its stupid! Are you really telling me that Sega is IP banning single individuums all around the world? Because clearly, theres non-JP who can login in and play the game. Others, even within the same country, can't. How does that make sense? Sega might be odd sometimes, but banning a bunch of people and leave others in to play, is really dumb and nothing that Sega would do.
I wish someone would put some sense in all those "we're all IP banned forever" people but I guess thats something that doesn't happen in a very long time either.

Also good luck on waiting for US release. If you are lucky this will happen before 2020.

doomdragon83
Jun 29, 2014, 02:33 PM

I happen to have FIOS and I can log in. The ship list all says offline and I get some kind of server connection timed out error when I try to log in anyway, but I try again and again and I made it in after about 30 seconds of waiting. I haven't really done much aside from the usual get login stamp/XQpass/raise support loli/daily craft so I can't say anything about how stable my connection is during quests.

However, going from lobby to my room seemed no different than usual. Going back to ship select to use my other character wasn't smooth as I anticipated but I got back in still. I'll try again later and actually play this time.

SakoHaruo
Jun 29, 2014, 02:45 PM
Time Warner Cable users.... I'm talking to a buddy of mine in game right now.

He lives in Cali, USA

EDIT: Says he kept trying for 15mins straight then it finally let him in the game. NO VPN.

EDIT 2: He's using the tweaker thingy (idk what you guys call it) to bypass error 107. Like everyone else here, he's also getting the error 249 message. All he did was [see EDIT 1], NO VPN was used.

Macman
Jun 29, 2014, 03:04 PM
Time to start reverse engineering a private server. :wacko:

The Walrus
Jun 29, 2014, 03:04 PM
if only

Dark Matter
Jun 29, 2014, 03:07 PM
After lurking for a good while it seems most of us were just going through the "the cycle" (http://www.recover-from-grief.com/7-stages-of-grief.html).

It was nice while it lasted, but we just have to grow and move on
the things we once held dearest to ourselves will never last forever.
when everything is done all were left with is memories and the effect its made.

http://i.imgur.com/Dmi0nhi.jpg

Memories of failure,
triumph, happiness and hate but we must move on and accept our dealings in this situation.
The journey may end for your avatar, but you still have life left to live.
Or maybe you can get on but maybe your friend cant in which I say "my condolences"
I only hope many of you were able to keep atleast one form of communication with others
(atleast to say goodbye).

From the start I presumed we were never welcomed but yet
we continued to play and have fun. The translation team made that
possible for many of us. They took good time out of their days to work on these things, right?

Many of us have been here from the start and when a problem occurs we've learned to endure
and accept whats thrown our way glitches, hacks, errors, bans.It was hard but it was at-least
comforting that someone else was suffering the same fate somewhere around the world.

But with the sweep under the rug logic when it comes to bans and blocks is ________
many places caught the boot waaaay before us but nobody cared since it didn't
effect us personally. From rumors I heard china was the first to go then, SEA now its our turn.

If anything now is the time to move on and hope for the best.

MattKnight
Jun 29, 2014, 03:09 PM
Time Warner Cable users.... I'm talking to a buddy of mine in game right now.

He lives in Cali, USA

EDIT: Says he kept trying for 15mins straight then it finally let him in the game. NO VPN.

I have Time Warner and cannot login East Coast. But on to the OP maybe get FiOs but if that does not work here's what I have to say to Sega. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAngH_TM62E

lunarsoul
Jun 29, 2014, 03:23 PM
Time to start reverse engineering a private server. :wacko:

I surprised nobody attempted to make a PSO2 private server yet.

Gardios
Jun 29, 2014, 03:25 PM
You're saying it like it's the easiest thing in the world to do.

Sp-24
Jun 29, 2014, 03:28 PM
Oh I wonder why people call them trolls. Because its stupid! Are you really telling me that Sega is IP banning single individuums all around the world? Because clearly, theres non-JP who can login in and play the game. Others, even within the same country, can't. How does that make sense? Sega might be odd sometimes, but banning a bunch of people and leave others in to play, is really dumb and nothing that Sega would do.
I wish someone would put some sense in all those "we're all IP banned forever" people but I guess thats something that doesn't happen in a very long time either.

Also good luck on waiting for US release. If you are lucky this will happen before 2020.
Yeah, how does that make sense? It's only exactly how the IP block in Dynasty Warriors Online went! Random foreign IPs got blocked, and then did not get unblocked to this day after years, while others were spared. How does that make sense? Ask KOEI, they might know! And so may Sega, for all that we know for now.

SilkaN
Jun 29, 2014, 03:29 PM
You're saying it like it's the easiest thing in the world to do.

People will always say it's easy - until they try it. Then they'll give up.

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 03:35 PM
Alright, seriously guys let's try and relax. The way I see it is that this it just a nasty set of circumstance that stem from the new countermeasures that Sega still needs to tweak. Is it possible that I'm wrong and it's a ban? Of course, but is it likely? Not really. Either way all we can do is wait and see, so please stop with the bashings, it doesn't do anyone any favors.

Karen Erra
Jun 29, 2014, 03:38 PM
Yeah, how does that make sense? It's only exactly how the IP block in Dynasty Warriors Online went! Random foreign IPs got blocked, and then did not get unblocked to this day after years, while others were spared. How does that make sense? Ask KOEI, they might know! And so may Sega, for all that we know for now.

Just because another company does shenanigans like this, it doesn't mean Sega does too. As long as there's no proof someone is actually banned, I'll refuse to believe all those IP ban people.
Also this still does not explain why Sega is working on issues that are clearly there when it comes to connecting. And why japanese people encounter problems with logging in as well. If Sega says all stuff is fixed and you still cannot log in, then i would probably worry about it. But at this point? It's just making all community go crazy.

Macman
Jun 29, 2014, 03:39 PM
I surprised nobody attempted to make a PSO2 private server yet.
Hah, not that simple. Remember the lone attempt to code a PSU server?

SilkaN
Jun 29, 2014, 03:40 PM
Alright, seriously guys let's try and relax. The way I see it is that this it just a nasty set of circumstance that stem from the new countermeasures that Sega still needs to tweak. Is it possible that I'm wrong and it's a ban? Of course, but is it likely? Not really. Either way all we can do is wait and see, so please stop with the bashings, it doesn't do anyone any favors.

No! Don't ruin their hysteria!
Everything you wrote has already been written countless times and while I'm always happy to see someone who writes the truth (especially the "wait and see" part), I do think it's useless to try to calm them down. Let them overreact.

Sp-24
Jun 29, 2014, 03:45 PM
Just because another company does shenanigans like this, it doesn't mean Sega does too. As long as there's no proof someone is actually banned, I'll refuse to believe all those IP ban people.
Also this still does not explain why Sega is working on issues that are clearly there when it comes to connecting. And why japanese people encounter problems with logging in as well. If Sega says all stuff is fixed and you still cannot log in, then i would probably worry about it. But at this point? It's just making all community go crazy.
No, it's only making the part of the community that treats any mention of an IP or a block as a red cape go crazy (hence the B-20 hate here). And, as a side effect, it makes them post dumb shit that helps nobody. You refuse to believe to believe that there is an IP block? That's great, keep that valuable thought to yourself! You have inductive proof that there isn't one in place? Even better, share it! You don't like the opposing theories to the point that you'll go apeshit any mention of them? Yeah, now we have a problem.

Karen Erra
Jun 29, 2014, 03:50 PM
Not really. I dont mind your or anyones opinion on that. But the whole drama that came up is kind of overreacting. Sega's still working to get shit done. Why not wait until stuff is fixed before coming up with worst case scenarios? By all means i dont want to offend you or say what you say is wrong. If you are that convinced its an IP ban, then more power to you, I'll just stick with waiting and see what sega is tweeting out in the future.

Z-0
Jun 29, 2014, 04:27 PM
It's not a stupid conclusion, though. Anybody who says that people saying it's possibly an IP block are "trolls" are just delusional people who will not be able to accept there is a block if it really is one.

People are saying that there's definitely some sort of block in place -- you cannot deny this, holy shit. It could be temporary, it could be permanent, but there is some sort of block, considering hardly anyone in Japan has problems (there's a few, but not too many) and almost everyone outside of Japan has problems.

Fishy, eh? Maybe it's not SEGA, maybe it is, but people should stop being stupid and tell people they're lying / fearmongering / spreading their bad "opinion" when people are just posting observations and facts.

The fact that people are starting to get banned for VPN usage now (when nobody from SEA did when they all connected from VPN -- except maybe one exception) is also very fishy. Myself and a friend of mine have been blocked already, and we've used far less VPNs than some people have.

If anything, the fact you're not allowed to be "negative" in any way is terrible. I'm just being realistic, calling things out as I see them, because if the worst comes to happen, I won't have my hopes dashed than if I'm constantly trying to be optimistic.

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 04:44 PM
It's not a stupid conclusion, though. Anybody who says that people saying it's possibly an IP block are "trolls" are just delusional people who will not be able to accept there is a block if it really is one.

People are saying that there's definitely some sort of block in place -- you cannot deny this, holy shit. It could be temporary, it could be permanent, but there is some sort of block, considering hardly anyone in Japan has problems (there's a few, but not too many) and almost everyone outside of Japan has problems.

Fishy, eh? Maybe it's not SEGA, maybe it is, but people should stop being stupid and tell people they're lying / fearmongering / spreading their bad "opinion" when people are just posting observations and facts.

The fact that people are starting to get banned for VPN usage now (when nobody from SEA did when they all connected from VPN -- except maybe one exception) is also very fishy. Myself and a friend of mine have been blocked already, and we've used far less VPNs than some people have.

If anything, the fact you're not allowed to be "negative" in any way is terrible. I'm just being realistic, calling things out as I see them, because if the worst comes to happen, I won't have my hopes dashed than if I'm constantly trying to be optimistic.

You are entitled to your opinion Z-O, but the fact is that No one actually knows what's going on right now. The issue becomes that most people that frequent this forum don't understand the cause of the issue so constantly and repeatedly insisting that there's something possibly more sinister going on just riles them up. As I said earlier, you could be right but right now all we have to go on are there are major problems and according to some it's related to backbone providers.

You're free to express your opinion, all I ask is that you try and understand the other side as well. :-)

Gardios
Jun 29, 2014, 04:46 PM

Didn't they always ban people for using VPNs? At least those that didn't use paid ones.

BIG OLAF
Jun 29, 2014, 04:51 PM
You're free to express your opinion, all I ask is that you try and understand the other side as well. :-)

Getting him to understand that concept is a lost cause.

ShinMaruku
Jun 29, 2014, 05:07 PM
Small time victim of the game, if you get IP blocked use that time and get a diamond ring. Then damn your whole world will have changed.

Shadowth117
Jun 29, 2014, 05:09 PM
Didn't they always ban people for using VPNs? At least those that didn't use paid ones.

Yup. The reason why is still really shitty, but as you thought its been a thing ever since SEA players started trying it. You'd be ignorant to believe VPN related bans are new to this game.

Zipzo
Jun 29, 2014, 05:34 PM

How much have you played lately? This problem pretty much has disappeared for me after the first day the servers went up.

Shinamori
Jun 29, 2014, 05:49 PM
Like everyone's been saying, it's probably a ISP issue. Different ISP IPs was used in the DDoS (apparently). Probably some in Japan even.

Cyclon
Jun 29, 2014, 06:22 PM
I have no answer right now. Come back in a few days.

A much more interesting question is what would become of this place.

Hm, wait, no. It'd die is all, I guess.

Sp-24
Jun 29, 2014, 06:29 PM
It is a standard practice in many MMOs, yeah. According to Meji, though, Sega's recent bans are done to protect your account from a possible hijack, and I didn't pay too much attention to VPNs before this to know how risky they are. So, who knows...

n_n
Jun 29, 2014, 06:30 PM
I haven't heard of any VPN bans before the DDoS attack and I know quite a few SEA players who VPN hopped a lot to find a stable/nonlaggy one... which would mean there were a ton of different IPs in thier logs.

I find it really strange how there are somewhat a lot of bans relating to this now since the server came back up. I woke up this morning to error816 and I've only ever used 2 VPNs. One being very obscure.

Anyway, I would highly suggest staying off of VPNs and just be patient... I don't think we will be getting our accounts back because we're foreigners. ;_;

NoiseHERO
Jun 29, 2014, 06:33 PM
I have no answer right now. Come back in a few days.

A much more interesting question is what would become of this place.

Hm, wait, no. It'd die is all, I guess.

It'll just end up like the PSP2/PSP2i section.

whining/bawwing for a year and a half and then everyone will start playing phantasy star nova.

edit: OH IN A FEW DAYS-

Nah same thing.

EnixBelmont
Jun 29, 2014, 11:17 PM

This exactly. All of it.

Maybe what happened is they blocked people using ISPs the DDOS was coming from, and most happened to be american ISPs. It's possible, sure, and it could be temporary, but denying theres a block seems nuts.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jun 29, 2014, 11:29 PM
I'd be fine with an IP ban
Then I wouldn't have to find a shitty excuse to tell my friends when they want me to TA

Funk
Jun 30, 2014, 01:18 AM
Sega jp is really stupid, the amount of $ they lost/lose is undeliverable..:-?

1. This game should never have been free to play..
2. Allow foreigners..
3. make the game multiple languages.. like square-enix does
4. Makes Us/Eu/Jp server all accessible like PSO DC
-US Servers
--Ship 1/10
-EU Servers
--Ship 1/10
-JP Servers
--Ship 1/10

They would have made 50% more profit..

No wonder they got DDosed and wont be the last
^^
Racist company... :rant:

Sega wont last another 10 years.. (Sad but true)
I'm pretty sure, counting the stupid decisions they make..

IP ban or not i will play, because i love PSO and played them all since DC

GHNeko
Jun 30, 2014, 01:22 AM
You do realize that Sega is rolling in the $$$$$ right?

They have horrible consumer sense. Well...relatively...not literally, else they wouldn't be making money.

BUT! Their biznezz sense is on point lmao.

Regardless of how they've been raking in the dough, they've been doing so and have been reporting profit gain after profit gain for a hot minute now.

Dammy
Jun 30, 2014, 01:38 AM

1. This game should never have been free to play..
2. Allow foreigners..
3. make the game multiple languages.. like square-enix does
4. Makes Us/Eu/Jp server all accessible like PSO DC
-US Servers
--Ship 1/10
-EU Servers
--Ship 1/10
-JP Servers
--Ship 1/10

They would have made 50% more profit..

No wonder they got DDosed and wont be the last
^^
Racist company... :rant:

1) free to play is more money than subscription based
2)they did
3)they tried (launcher in english + profanity filters on EU languages saying that at least they planned it)
4)they tried too, but something went wrong and this one got delayed/cancelled

Shinamori
Jun 30, 2014, 02:01 AM
Sega isn't racist.

fruiteaterz
Jun 30, 2014, 02:42 AM
move to japan oc

IndignationSWF
Jun 30, 2014, 02:46 AM
Sega isn't racist.

No, just willfully ignorant

Chik'Tikka
Jun 30, 2014, 02:52 AM

Sega-Sammy Holdings profit for 2013;
Revenue Increase US$ 3.711 billion (2013)
Net income Increase ¥30.7 billion (2013) US$301 million

they have lots of moneys+^_^+

Karen Erra
Jun 30, 2014, 03:28 AM
Everyone who started playing PSO2 on the JP side, same as everyone who played PSU on the JP side had to live with a small chance of being IP blocked at some time. Not much anyone can do either way. Sega has the money and they do what they do and do not give a flying f*ck if any european/american players are complaining. I'll take it as it is, if I'll get banned at some point I might just get a paid vpn ready to play. Simply because I like playing the game.

Right now there's still a high chance that Sega is going to fix all the connection issues, maybe with the next update, who knows.

I'll just sit in my chair and watch them doing whatever they do and still keep my hopes up that they are NOT punishing a whole bunch of people who had nothing to do with that stupid DDoS. (Also hope the person(s) doing the DDoS is going to burn in hell at some point...)

eiistrir
Jun 30, 2014, 11:32 AM
In the event of foreign ip ban...

DDoS also $EA servers!

look how they respond to non SEA guys in regards with the IP block issue

http://s20.postimg.org/myfb2u3vh/worst.jpg

src
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=255449757992702&set=a.227284470809231.1073741828.121180391419640&type=1

http://s20.postimg.org/xwqkl0sgt/image.jpg

src:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1419640&type=1

like their f*cking proud they have some exclusivity, that they bash NA/EU guys to some extent

These guys need to learn their lesson,
that is to make them suffer also on their f*cking server

NoiseHERO
Jun 30, 2014, 11:42 AM
In the event of foreign ip ban...

DDoS also $EA servers!

look how they respond to non SEA guys in regards with the IP block issue

http://s20.postimg.org/myfb2u3vh/worst.jpg

src
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=255449757992702&set=a.227284470809231.1073741828.121180391419640&type=1

http://s20.postimg.org/xwqkl0sgt/image.jpg

src:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1419640&type=1

like their f*cking proud they have some exclusivity, that they bash NA/EU guys to some extent

These guys need to learn their lesson,
that is to make them suffer also on their f*cking server

Hahaha

Facebook

The one place to go to find dudes dumber than nerd rage forumers.

fruiteaterz
Jun 30, 2014, 11:47 AM
facebook fanpages are full of trolls (´;ω;`)

MidCap
Jun 30, 2014, 11:59 AM
Not much anyone can do either way. Sega has the money and they do what they do and do not give a flying f*ck if any european/american players are complaining.

This is bull. They know that many US players use pay features.

If I can't play PSO2, they lose me as a USA customer, as well (I won't buy Sega products any longer).

You have the right as a consumer to boycott any company whose practices you deem unreasonable.

Will one person make a difference? No. But maybe if IGN did an article or something, and made Sega look bad for being racist / ignorant / whatever they are, maybe they would change.

NoiseHERO
Jun 30, 2014, 12:04 PM
This is bull.

Will one person make a difference? No. But maybe if IGN did an article or something, and made Sega look bad for being racist / ignorant / whatever they are, maybe they would change.

Listen to yourself right now.

Like...

Read your own words.

Do you really wanna sound like this guy?

Agastya
Jun 30, 2014, 12:08 PM
how would sega of japan look bad for upholding the tos saying "you aren't allowed to connect from outside japan"

the vast majority of the jp community doesn't miss "us" due to the huge asses people make out of themselves in public. if anything it's quieter and their overall gameplay experience has likely gone up without people in the "i play for fun! lol chill out" camp refusing to upgrade their gear and running around with crafted umbla sticks and +5 non-extended lucky rise units equipped (except the one that's +4 - they gave up grinding it when it failed and dropped)

people would get up on the stage during quna concerts and flood all chat with eng, jp players would ask eng players to go back to block 20 politely if they were being intrusive and they'd get a not-so-polite "no" (or in the worst case, "fuck off") in reply

overall there's just been a huge lack of respect shown, up to calling ship 2 "the english ship" instead of "the english community meeting place" and people started spilling out of b20 to infect early sh blocks with overall ignorance.

i use the term "us" loosely because not everybody is an ass.

MidCap
Jun 30, 2014, 12:08 PM
Do I want to sound like an unhappy consumer who realizes there's nothing he can do about it? Yes. This just sucks.

If we can't get back on, then everything we did will have been for nothing. I will truly miss this game, and I will be unhappy for a very long time.

NoiseHERO
Jun 30, 2014, 12:12 PM
how would sega of japan look bad for upholding the tos saying "you aren't allowed to connect from outside japan"

the vast majority of the jp community doesn't miss "us" due to the huge asses people make out of themselves in public. if anything it's quieter and their overall gameplay experience has likely gone up without people in the "i play for fun! lol chill out" camp refusing to upgrade their gear and running around with crafted umbla sticks and +5 non-extended lucky rise units equipped (except the one that's +4 - they gave up grinding it when it failed and dropped)

people would get up on the stage during quna concerts and flood all chat with eng, jp players would ask eng players to go back to block 20 politely if they were being intrusive and they'd get a not-so-polite "no" (or in the worst case, "fuck off") in reply

overall there's just been a huge lack of respect shown, up to calling ship 2 "the english ship" instead of "the english community meeting place" and people started spilling out of b20 to infect early sh blocks with overall ignorance.

You don't look very japanese to me...

Sierhiet
Jun 30, 2014, 12:15 PM
They (Facebook) have a point, albeit the entitled arrogance and broken English. The effort that has been exerted in literally trying to force a way into the JP servers by the international PS community, albeit the ToS, albeit previous actual IP bans in Asia, albeit narrowing means of acquiring AC; has been an utter waste of time. This was never going to work. All of this time and money would have been better spent trying to force the hand of Sega into releasing our respective localized versions somehow.

Say what you will about the prospect of a watered down / gimped version. Finding a way to deal with that would have been much better / easier then dumping thousands of dollars into a product in which the salesman IE Sega has literally no fiscal / service obligation to the consumer, when said consumer IE those who chose to take their chances rushing into the JP servers. Some with money in hand. Even if this ban / error is resolved, it should be a wake up call if nothing else.

The calls of racism at this point is ridiculous, and feelings driven. This has been 2 years in the making, and the majority of you were warned. You aren't owed anything except the localized version that was originally announced to us, and respectable service when that day comes.

Edit: Having to literally hide in the shadows of a foreign server, and literally keep yourself from even speaking English in public chat in fear for your in-game lives. Why deal with that? The point isn't whether or not there is an actual IP block. The point is, they don't care because you aren't their intended audience, and contractually not supposed to be there anyway. There is no relationship.

Xaelouse
Jun 30, 2014, 12:17 PM
That's nice and all but there is no IP ban or block. I dont even think Sega is aware that we can't get in besides the no.107

Shinamori
Jun 30, 2014, 12:23 PM
They (Facebook) have a point, albeit the entitled arrogance and broken English. The effort that has been exerted in literally trying to force a way into the JP servers by the international PS community, albeit the ToS, albeit previous actual IP bans in Asia, albeit narrowing means of acquiring AC; has been an utter waste of time. This was never going to work. All of this time and money would have been better spent trying to force the hand of Sega into releasing our respective localized versions somehow.

Say what you will about the prospect of a watered down / gimped version. Finding a way to deal with that would have been much better / easier then dumping thousands of dollars into a product in which the salesman IE Sega has literally no fiscal / service obligation to the consumer, when said consumer IE those who chose to take their chances rushing into the JP servers. Some with money in hand. Even if this ban / error is resolved, it should be a wake up call if nothing else.

The calls of racism at this point is ridiculous, and feelings driven. This has been 2 years in the making, and the majority of you were warned. You aren't owed anything except the localized version that was originally announced to us, and respectable service when that day comes.

Edit: Having to literally hide in the shadows of a foreign server, and literally keep yourself from even speaking English in public chat in fear for your in-game lives. Why deal with that? The point isn't whether or not there is an actual IP block. The point is, they don't care because you aren't their intended audience, and contractually not supposed to be there anyway. There is no relationship.
You haven't played for long time, have you?

Jei182
Jun 30, 2014, 12:37 PM
Meh, I love the game and all but if I can't get back on it won't be the end of the world for me. Although I will miss everyone in my team (I was planning to build a computer for PSO2 and other games in August and I still plan to regardless of whether I play PSO on it), if I can't get back online I'll just move on to other things.

Jei182
Jun 30, 2014, 12:47 PM

I would do this at first but as I quickly realized (at least with the few japanese people I have played with and on the few I've been on) that a lot of time at least with the ones I've seen, they didn't care whether or not I was Japanese as long as I wasn't offensive or annoying. Most of the time they don't ban just for being english and playing on their servers, it's because that person has done something to be reported.

Gama
Jun 30, 2014, 01:17 PM
most dont care, only some special case derp ones care.

being polite isnt that hard.

IndignationSWF
Jun 30, 2014, 02:52 PM
The days of the 'OMG AN ENGLISH SPEAKER!! BAN HIM!!' are long since over. Sega doesn't care and neither does most of the player base.

Zysets
Jun 30, 2014, 03:54 PM
I've been logging in fine after just a few tries. Game's running better than normal with the smaller amount of logins right now. So I don't think I'll quit just yet, but if it comes too it, I have no problem. Haven't paid more than 30-40 dollars in the past few years, so no harm to me. Like others have said I lost my PSU characters, so I guess I'm just okay with it at this point.
If it happens though. For now I can still play, so no problem yet.

BIG OLAF
Jun 30, 2014, 04:06 PM
Oh wow, Sierhiet comes back after, what, a full year, just to try and say "I told you so!!", but in all actuality is just reiterating what literally everyone here has known the whole time.

Yup, par for the course.

n_n
Jun 30, 2014, 04:38 PM

+1...

Sierhiet
Jun 30, 2014, 04:40 PM
Oh wow, Sierhiet comes back after, what, a full year, just to try and say "I told you so!!", but in all actuality is just reiterating what literally everyone here has known the whole time.

Yup, par for the course.

It was more so a big "place your efforts elsewhere; don't waste your time" but sure, we'll go with what you'd like.

Yes, everyone was just waiting for this day to come, as evident in the hundreds to thousands of dollars some posters have invested, and outright hostility to the ideal of there even being a ban. Ok.

Edit: Your obviously knee deep in your emotions if your feeling the need to address me personally. Very petty. Stay classy.

BIG OLAF
Jun 30, 2014, 04:40 PM
^I can only imagine the raging stiffie he got when he saw there was finally some sort of block in place. Ho, buddy. Obviously the first place he comes to is here, to get his chuckles in.

Anyway,

It's also pretty telling how SEGA has made quite a few announcements and updates since the servers went back up, yet hasn't mentioned anything about foreign IPs not being able to connect one single time.

Obviously they'd know about it by now, so the fact that they're ignoring the issue altogether should tell you something.

Railkune
Jun 30, 2014, 04:48 PM
It's also pretty telling how SEGA has made quite a few announcements and updates since the servers went back up, yet hasn't mentioned anything about foreign IPs not being able to connect one single time.

I'd imagine it having some thing to do with their TOS and such. With us technically not even supposed to be playing, they may not even feel obligated to mention it.

BIG OLAF
Jun 30, 2014, 04:53 PM
Correct. Of course they don't feel obligated. They won't be mentioning it, let alone actually fixing the problem. They finally had their excuse to quietly and underhandedly get rid of (most) of us in the DDoS attacks. They certainly wouldn't just do it outright and announce it; they'd look like huge assholes.

So, they waited for their opportunity. Now, here we are.

IndignationSWF
Jun 30, 2014, 04:59 PM
I seriously doubt that's it with the fact that a good chunk of people can still access the game from even in the US. If they shut it down entirely after maintenance then it's as good as admitting it outright.

Shiyo
Jun 30, 2014, 05:05 PM
TBH I don't know. I'd most likely quit, but because me and my friends get together so often on skype and play I'd feel like I was letting them down. There is no F2P MMO that we've tried that has kept us playing for more than a month besides PSO2.

PSO2 is pretty much the only good F2P MMO.

IndignationSWF
Jun 30, 2014, 05:06 PM
"A good chunk?" ... I hope you're not including the people using VPNs...

There's not too many people who can access the game/website on their normal IP. Ship2 is so dead now while JP are asleep...

Verizon FiOS customers seem to have no real issue getting in according to the various places I lurk, same with about half of Time Warner customers.

It's certainly one of them. Hell before this our group was on FFXIV: ARR till we all hit max level and decided to wait until the next big update.

Dammy
Jun 30, 2014, 05:08 PM
back in the days LOTRO was pretty decent, but not sure how it is now
Rift is a good game too, but require much more time with raiding and such
i wouldnt call PSO2 a MMO tho

IndignationSWF
Jun 30, 2014, 05:11 PM
I'm well aware Verizon FIOS users have no problem connecting... but not too many people have this. You're very lucky if you have it in your area.

Still, it's not "a good chunk."

Enough to be noticeable and to give a sense of hope that this isn't just some knee-jerk decision based around one group of ingrates, at least in my opinion. *shrugs*

Railkune
Jun 30, 2014, 05:15 PM
Well, I'm still holding onto faith that this next maintenance will do us some kind of justice. If not, then I guess the wait will only continue further.

Railkune
Jun 30, 2014, 05:21 PM
It'll take quite a bit more than that for me to give up. I'm certain a sure fire sign/indication will surface sooner or later. Good or bad.

Shinamori
Jun 30, 2014, 05:24 PM
Considering that EN players are now getting banned for logging in at least once with a VPN and various VPNs are now getting blocked since last night(est) should shatter all hope that is left.

VPN bans were extremely rare before the DDoS attack, by the way.

VPN ban evasions are a no no anyway.

Sanguine2009
Jun 30, 2014, 05:25 PM
vpn users were rare too, its no surprise that if sega sees large numbers of people logging in from the same ip that they would ban those accounts

IndignationSWF
Jun 30, 2014, 05:25 PM
VPN bans were extremely rare before the DDoS attack, by the way.
Here's the thing, How many people were using VPNs outside of SEA(which was only blocked thanks to Asiasoft's request, Sega gave no fucks) before all of this? Next to none, correct? Of course there would be a rise with many using it because they're desperate to get in. That said the bans are temporary for the most part which strikes me as a protective measure more than a vindictive one. All we can do is wait and see.

n_n
Jun 30, 2014, 05:28 PM
Here's the thing, How many people were using VPNs outside of SEA(which was only blocked thanks to Asiasoft's request, Sega gave no fucks) before all of this? Next to none, correct?
Chinese players. They were blocked last year.

Sp-24
Jun 30, 2014, 05:30 PM
I thought Sega never IP blocked anyone?

IndignationSWF
Jun 30, 2014, 05:31 PM

China was region banned for RMT violations.

n_n
Jun 30, 2014, 05:32 PM
They got blocked last year because some were botting/rmting...

Sanguine2009
Jun 30, 2014, 05:33 PM
they did IP block china waaaay back when due to an issue with rmt, im not sure if it was permanent or not though

n_n
Jun 30, 2014, 05:34 PM
they did IP block china waaaay back when due to an issue with rmt, im not sure if it was permanent or not though
The block was never taken down.

IndignationSWF
Jun 30, 2014, 05:36 PM
The block was never taken down.

Considering how widespread it was(and dear god it was during the Betas) they didn't have much of an option there.

Zipzo
Jun 30, 2014, 05:39 PM

Pso2 is actually one of the shittier ones. It's item mall is among the most non-sensical of the F2P genre.

n_n
Jun 30, 2014, 05:41 PM
Pso2 is actually one of shittier ones.
Yep, and it has a pretty bad rating by JP players.

It's a shame, really. Sega has no idea wtf they're doing.

Arkanoid
Jun 30, 2014, 05:59 PM
Oh yeah? What are the good ones then? :roll:

Dark Matter
Jun 30, 2014, 06:04 PM

Allot of people were ip blocked by the people @pso2 without mention for some
reasons many players are left uniformed of the situation to not cause drama.

Here's a little food for thought

You may of had a group friends that would log in frequently but one day stopped logging in one after another
most of us instantly think of they must have just quit some even hearing that they wanted to quit but what if
they tried to log in one day, but they were one of the countries that caught the boot. We may forget the elephant
in the room but isnt there a possibility that they were banned or blocked while being swept under the rug too?

http://media.giphy.com/media/sTpe0zIatX4rK/giphy.gif

I for one have lost shit tons of friends due to the other blocks of sea and china.
Soon sakai will start ip blocking people who dont live on the same street as him.

Z-0
Jun 30, 2014, 06:05 PM
Spoiler: He's being sarcastic, because a lot of people claim SEGA will never IP block anyone because they didn't before PSO2.

Zipzo
Jun 30, 2014, 06:18 PM
Oh yeah? What are the good ones then? :roll:

I didn't say anything about there being good ones, just that PSO2 is one of the shittier ones.

For most quality MMO experiences it's necessary you actually pay actual money for their service.

Totori
Jun 30, 2014, 06:21 PM

Obviously they'd know about it by now, so the fact that they're ignoring the issue altogether should tell you something.

To be fair, they never made an announcement what so ever about foreign players. So your point over that issue is empty. Since they did address the player base with SEGA being aware of the constant errors 107, and 630. I can say that's about what most are still experiencing.

The Walrus
Jun 30, 2014, 06:23 PM
At the same time JP are also experiencing it still so it doesn't mean they'll fix it for us, just the JP.

Zipzo
Jun 30, 2014, 06:23 PM
To be fair, they never made an announcement what so ever about foreign players. So your point over that issue is empty. Since they did address the player base with SEGA being aware of the constant errors 107, and 630. I can say that's about what most are still experiencing.

They are remedial issues at best right now. It hardly impedes our ability to connect.

Nothing close to plain not being able to login...

Totori
Jun 30, 2014, 06:34 PM
We don't really have anything to go on, so no real use complaining about it right now. IIRC Sakai did state no IP bans would come from this, so...?

That's about actual news, compared to "Incoming IP BANS!!!"

The Walrus
Jun 30, 2014, 06:36 PM
Where did he say that?

Sanguine2009
Jun 30, 2014, 06:38 PM
yeah i want to believe ya but im gonna need a source

Zipzo
Jun 30, 2014, 06:41 PM
We don't really have anything to go on, so no real use complaining about it right now. IIRC Sakai did state no IP bans would come from this, so...?

That's about actual news, compared to "Incoming IP BANS!!!"

You don't RC.

Railkune
Jun 30, 2014, 06:43 PM
At the same time JP are also experiencing it still so it doesn't mean they'll fix it for us, just the JP.

You violently shake my faith to the core.

Totori
Jun 30, 2014, 06:47 PM
You don't RC.

At the Fan Festa while talking on the panel for protocols on solving the DDoS attacks. Using an IP ban is not an effective way to get out of one, and I'm beyond sure they know that once again and IP ban is counter-productive.

Just take what you will from that.

Sizustar
Jun 30, 2014, 06:52 PM
Where did he say that?

At the Osaka live festa, when he went into a indeph explanation on what a DDOS attack is, and why they can't do anything, and also why a IP-Ban won't stop a DDOS attack.

moorebounce
Jun 30, 2014, 07:01 PM
It's funny I can navigate all over SOJ's website but PSO2. We are blocked. Some of the people in NA are lucky enough to still get through (at least until they're located and blocked). We're screwed. Sakai just won't come out and say it and he doesn't have to.

Sizustar
Jun 30, 2014, 07:04 PM
It's funny I can navigate all over SOJ's website but PSO2. We are blocked. Some of the people in NA are lucky enough to still get through (at least until they're located and blocked). We're screwed. Sakai just won't come out and say it and he doesn't have to.

PSO2 game and website server was DDOSED, that Sega either had to get new machine, or other drastic measure that resulted in new connection and IP.
And new security feature t hat they are still working on, which resulted in the current constant 630, and error 107 for all users.

Sychosis
Jun 30, 2014, 07:09 PM

That's probably because sega.jp and pso2.jp are different websites. One of which was DDoS'd, the other was not.

Railkune
Jun 30, 2014, 07:48 PM
At the Osaka live festa, when he went into a indeph explanation on what a DDOS attack is, and why they can't do anything, and also why a IP-Ban won't stop a DDOS attack.

Really truly honestly? >o>;; In that case... guess there is no reason for me to bother worrying right now.

MegaRocker1987
Jun 30, 2014, 08:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uZya5hp.jpg

BIG OLAF
Jun 30, 2014, 08:39 PM
Could you please, just like, y'know, stop?

chaoko99
Jul 1, 2014, 12:35 AM
<-- person of no real importance requesting lock

ShadowDragon28
Jul 1, 2014, 01:13 AM
*reads a few posts in this thread*
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/da/dab598a06fb21867ef0b6b98fb58647de1533c23c32f3facc7 0da7dcd43f024e.jpg

btw-Niji
Jul 1, 2014, 01:29 AM
<-- person of no real importance requesting lock
2bad it wont be locked son

homie

real talk

Chik'Tikka
Jul 1, 2014, 02:32 AM

Never been afraid of speaking English and spamming 'ol glory in blk 11+^_^+

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.minus.com/ibvrhgbQy2vcVY.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

If i was gonna be banned for that, i woulda been banned back in CBT, when i created the SA+^_^+ (or, whenever it was they changed the ToS)

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 1, 2014, 04:10 AM
Never been afraid of speaking English and spamming 'ol glory in blk 11+^_^+

[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.minus.com/ibvrhgbQy2vcVY.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

If i was gonna be banned for that, i woulda been banned back in CBT, when i created the SA+^_^+ (or, whenever it was they changed the ToS)

Ah, Chik, you crazy person~

On the subject of the (possible) IP ban, I think that it's untrue, especially given Sakai's statement. I'd just like to mention that I've been getting [No.249] without fail and live in the UK (the prospect of western players that aren't American be damned), so this is an international problem.
Inb4peoplecallthisaninternationalaffairforworldgov ernmentstogetinvolvedin

At any rate, I have other things to tide me over until PSO2 makes its comeback.

ShinMaruku
Jul 1, 2014, 04:11 AM

No Sega has 2 billion in the bank AFTER buying Atlus. Sega is flush with cash.

MDashK
Jul 1, 2014, 04:15 AM
Ok, I've read the previous posts and let me give you my inside for now:

From my experience in both my ISPs, I can almost assure you that:

1) Loop and/or backbone structure issue? Maybe, But the fact that both my ISPs take the same route, and one reaches the servers and logs in with timeouts, and the other doesn't, doesn't realy fit here... Else, both would fail in the way, but only one fails.

2) High ping issue? Yes. I believe this one. Why? Because of this:

One of my ISPs goes through a point that increases the ping value, and the other doesn't.
The way they both make to the servers is exactly the same when they reach over Japan, but one of them went through other servers earlier while the other didn't. It did a faster and more direct way. But take in attention that both of them hit the same way and server once they reach Japan.
Thing is, the one that took the higher path, has a ping value higher, so, it doesn't connect. Gives out 249 every time.

The other one, since it has a lower ping, spits out a few connection time out, and after a few attempts, logs in the servers.

So, I believe that SEGA might have reduced the ping value allowed to counter the DDoS's with time-outs.

That's why some can still connect, others can't.

But then again... That's just my theory.

Z-0
Jul 1, 2014, 04:18 AM
Ping theory is definitely not true. I know people with low-ish ping (110~130ms) who can't make it on, and people with higher ping (320ms) who can make it on.

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 1, 2014, 04:18 AM
2) High ping issue? Yes. I believe this one. Why? Because of this:

One of my ISPs goes through a point that increases the ping value, and the other doesn't.
The way they both make to the servers is exactly the same when they reach over Japan, but one of them went through other servers earlier while the other didn't. It did a faster and more direct way. But take in attention that both of them hit the same way and server once they reach Japan.
Thing is, the one that took the higher path, has a ping value higher, so, it doesn't connect. Gives out 249 every time.

The other one, since it has a lower ping, spits out a few connection time out, and after a few attempts, logs in the servers.

So, I believe that SEGA might have reduced the ping value allowed to counter the DDoS's with time-outs.

That's why some can still connect, others can't.

But then again... That's just my theory.

Sounds like a plausible one to me.

Sp-24
Jul 1, 2014, 04:21 AM
People tested it with WTFast and Pingzapper, and the speed that they apparently gained didn't do them much good, whereas a Japanese IP worked its magic for both VPNs.

In fact, some idiot already suggested this theory earlier (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3154748).

SJRKnowledge96
Jul 1, 2014, 04:28 AM
People tested it with WTFast and Pingzapper, and the speed that they apparently gained didn't do them much good, whereas a Japanese IP worked its magic for both VPNs.

In fact, some idiot already suggested this theory earlier (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3154748).

The amount of self-deprecation here is unreal.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 1, 2014, 04:43 AM

lol, WTFast did once offer a forward for your own IP, but it seems that feature was removed making it no different then what pingzapper does+^_^+

labyrinth
Jul 1, 2014, 05:01 AM
I would quit

Forum User Y
Jul 1, 2014, 09:14 AM
I would quit and try to find an asian online a-rpg with RNG loot system and costumes.

When i say it like that it sounds super easy .. but i have no idea where to start. There are tons of games that could be described like PSO2, but they'r far from what PSO2 is.
A few friends showed me some stuff about korean games in alpha test, that reminded me of PSO2 .. i recall myself thinking "ah, there it is. Finally they start to create more games like this."
That was just a video though .. so just a hunch, no deep digging. My hopes of randomly finding a game that will bring me the same joy as PSO2 did are pretty low. But well, that certainly did open my mind a little bit. I'm pretty sure those games aren't actually like PSO2, but if they have something that made me think that for a second, maybe it's worth looking into it.

That's pretty much it ..

TLDR : i'll run in circle and keep buying steam games that i don't play.

gaijin_punch
Jul 1, 2014, 09:21 AM
Ping definitely not true. My 107 errors are instantaneous. If packets are going and coming back, they are amazingly fast (and still resulting in errors).

Blocking based on ping is a horrible design anyway.

minim
Jul 1, 2014, 11:46 AM
I will never quit. I will try a workaround. I just don't feel like it right now

Gama
Jul 1, 2014, 11:52 AM
lets all move to japan, and expose ourselves to unhealthy levels of radiation and radiation poisoned foods!

not to mention the high levels of xenophobia! from the previous generation, dont think the current gen gives a fck.

SilverFoxR
Jul 1, 2014, 01:38 PM
Well, perhaps SEGA ought to bring out the NA version the promised years ago, but then p****ed out on.

Until then, they really don't have much of a right to block people who've been wanting to play the game, but don't have the version that was advertised.

PokeminMaster
Jul 1, 2014, 02:03 PM
Well, perhaps SEGA ought to bring out the NA version the promised years ago, but then p****ed out on.

Until then, they really don't have much of a right to block people who've been wanting to play the game, but don't have the version that was advertised.

Well, they honestly do have a right to ban us, for it was international SEGA that hasn't brought about the release, not SEGA of Japan. The terms of use even states that you must live in Japan to play... But honestly, they don't have much of a reason to ban foreign IPs

Zysets
Jul 1, 2014, 02:11 PM
not to mention the high levels of xenophobia! from the previous generation, dont think the current gen gives a fck.

I have a friend who's actually had Japanese exchange students stay with him, and he's going to japan later this week in the same program. From what he says, most of the younger people are pretty great. It's seems that newer generations are more accepting than previous ones, no matter where you are.

moorebounce
Jul 1, 2014, 02:23 PM
Well, perhaps SEGA ought to bring out the NA version

This is what I'm hoping for. I know a few people who would play it. They don't play the jp version because they don't want to go through the headache of reinstalling the English patch every week and the difficulty of buying AC.

GHNeko
Jul 1, 2014, 02:39 PM
I have a friend who's actually had Japanese exchange students stay with him, and he's going to japan later this week in the same program. From what he says, most of the younger people are pretty great. It's seems that newer generations are more accepting than previous ones, no matter where you are.

It's like each following generation is more sensible than the last! No matter where you are in the world!

AlphaBlob
Jul 1, 2014, 02:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB9psDJNsS4

gigawuts
Jul 1, 2014, 03:20 PM
This is what I'm hoping for. I know a few people who would play it. They don't play the jp version because they don't want to go through the headache of reinstalling the English patch every week and the difficulty of buying AC.

For all we know they're only doing this ban because the NA version is chugging along again.

Or they just don't give a rat fuck.

IndignationSWF
Jul 1, 2014, 03:23 PM
Humanity evolves through inter-communication and our generation was the first to have easy open contact with the rest of the world, of course we'd be a bit better off than those that only had stereotypes to go on.

For all we know they're only doing this ban because the NA version is chugging along again.

Or they just don't give a rat fuck.

Seeing as there was nothing at E3 I doubt we'll see an English version released any time soon sadly so the second option's more likely even though they need to stem the bleeding of their recent failures soon.

fruiteaterz
Jul 3, 2014, 10:03 AM
Correct. Of course they don't feel obligated. They won't be mentioning it, let alone actually fixing the problem. They finally had their excuse to quietly and underhandedly get rid of (most) of us in the DDoS attacks. They certainly wouldn't just do it outright and announce it; they'd look like huge assholes.

So, they waited for their opportunity. Now, here we are.

You sir are perfectly correct in this matter. Finally someone who is not afraid to state the obvious ^^

wohdin
Jul 3, 2014, 02:40 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and treat this thread like a survey. I've parroted off my own opinions about the "potential of an IP ban" numerous times elsewhere, and I'm not gonna do it again and stink up this thread any more than it probably already is.

Yes. I already have an atrocious internet connection (4Mbps) so I'm used to the lag and latency, and tbh even free VPNs haven't really made a noticable extra impact on what lag was already there.

I actually plan on moving to a place with Google Fiber at the earliest possible time that it is viable for me to do so financially, so sort-of yes?

- Will you quit?

No. I fortunately have not spent any actual money on this game (yet), and don't really plan on doing so aside from getting some extra Mags and maybe inventory expansion, but I'm gonna hold off on that until much later into the future. I'm actually one of the few left who's still holding out for an NA release of the game, and if it ever does happen, I'll most likely quit the JP version, even if it's far superior in terms of content. But I would much rather be playing a game that I have little chance of getting banned from simply by existing, especially if I'm gonna spend real money on it.

Essentially, I'm gonna keep playing for as long as I can, because I enjoy this game. A lot. And even if Sega doesn't want to see what is right in front of them and give the rest of the world a game that is clearly wildly successful and will bring them immense revenues internationally, then I'm still gonna do what I have to do to play it, even if I'm technically not supposed to be.

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 02:44 PM

Ow, my feels
Mixed it up.

Sierhiet
Jul 3, 2014, 02:45 PM
I'm actually one of the few left who's still holding out for an NA release of the game, and if it ever does happen, I'll most likely quit the JP version, even if it's far superior in terms of content. But I would much rather be playing a game that I have little chance of getting banned from simply by existing, especially if I'm gonna spend real money on it.

Agreed... You aren't the only one, and the actual number of those waiting is far from a few. Take the sample size on these boards with a grain of salt, as it does not accurately reflect the grand scheme of things.

Jaquecz
Jul 3, 2014, 02:46 PM
Until sega flat out says that NA PSO2 isn't coming, I'm just gonna keep hoping.