PDA

View Full Version : Remember that one Rappy quest?

Uncle_bob
Jun 29, 2014, 06:12 AM
Where there were talking rappies and minigames and shit?

God damn that was awful.

Sayara
Jun 29, 2014, 07:39 AM
but motherfucking SAMBA DI AMIGO MUSIC

gigawuts
Jun 29, 2014, 07:48 AM
Only place to get red photon weapons during the pre-launch beta on PSOBB though.

Got me major lobby cred; I just told people I worked for Sega when they asked where I got them.

Meyfei
Jun 29, 2014, 09:17 AM
SAMBA DI AMIGO MUSIC
I WAS SOOOO WONDERING WHAT THAT SONG WAS CALLED I LOVE YOU!

Fake in yellow, the talking rappy was the scientist in the rappy suit, then like you find a chao hiding near 3 rappys

Randomness
Jun 29, 2014, 12:40 PM
Didn't it have a fixed drop for Heart of Poumn on ultimate or something?

AlexCraig
Jun 29, 2014, 01:09 PM
Played that quest/Minigame a couple times. Never got the point of it.

yoshiblue
Jun 29, 2014, 01:50 PM
Yeah I remember the quest where rappys comes to soften you up and then this dudes books it.
Why we never put on silencers in PSO
https://38.media.tumblr.com/35af7882ec35fc75ef742659e7809a0b/tumblr_n7t6seFOi31qb5gkjo6_r1_400.gif

Meyfei
Jun 29, 2014, 01:51 PM
I grinded this among many other quests I researched on PSO-world. This quest, to sum it up, is where a scientist lives among rappy to research their lifestyle and behaviors (and opening an opportunity for Purplenum to annihilate the Ult-race's existence for 50%hit Red Handguns in record time). Upon completion you can do two things upon returning, each through the same method.

1: Go back down to the last spot you seen the scientist in the rappy suit.
2: Approach the mysterious yellow dot dancing about in the bushes in the "Wall"- you cant get to it, just go near it.
3: dance for 3 hours to nothing...-
but motherfucking SAMBA DI AMIGO MUSIC
4: If you hold branch of Paku Paku it'll become a Chao rod or something.
5: return to Pioneer and beside the quest counter entrance is a hook-up for the Gameboy Advanced (Gamecube version, BB too?)

Squall179
Jun 29, 2014, 04:09 PM
I grinded this among many other quests I researched on PSO-world. This quest, to sum it up, is where a scientist lives among rappy to research their lifestyle and behaviors (and opening an opportunity for Purplenum to annihilate the Ult-race's existence for 50%hit Red Handguns in record time). Upon completion you can do two things upon returning, each through the same method.

1: Go back down to the last spot you seen the scientist in the rappy suit.
2: Approach the mysterious yellow dot dancing about in the bushes in the "Wall"- you cant get to it, just go near it.
3: dance for 3 hours to nothing...-
4: If you hold branch of Paku Paku it'll become a Chao rod or something.
5: return to Pioneer and beside the quest counter entrance is a hook-up for the Gameboy Advanced (Gamecube version, BB too?)

Indeed, last stage of that sequence, on the DC version? is a Sega Dreamcast VMU connection by the way heh.

Meyfei
Jun 29, 2014, 06:17 PM
xD i never knew much about the DC, Last time i owned one someone broke in took the system- left the controller, then left the N64 controllers and left the system- with Mario 64 running xD

But yeah, Im abit surprised that was out for DC as well :O
If you data mined the game you think we'd find the DC version of the thing, instead of the giant GBA? xD

Squall179
Jun 29, 2014, 07:02 PM
Heh it was actually on the DC first. We had only the content from EPisode 1, litterally just FOrest Caves Mines Ruins (and Battle/Challenge mode in Version 2 release that added the second hundred levels of char progression)

The VMU thing did the same thing it did in the Gamecube release. It put a TailsChao on your VMU, and you could then transfer this to your Sonic Adventure 1 or 2 game. (the Chao program on the VMU was a self contained pocketgame, I fiddled with a chao and managed to keep it alive for the duration of highschool actually, four years of one chao. I'd feed it between classes....)

((I was that lame kid with the VMU on a lanyard around his neck you'd see getting beaten by jocks, except he then pulled a switchblade))

(((I named my Chao "Knife Fight")))

Uncle_bob
Jun 29, 2014, 07:50 PM
I'm so tired.

AlexCraig
Jun 30, 2014, 01:30 AM
Wrong quest, Meyfei. There's a different online one where it's a shit ton of party games.

Meyfei
Jun 30, 2014, 06:26 AM
Oh? darn I think i know the one your mentioning though. Couldn't get far in that but yeah. One in forest and another for ep2 in the beach?

AlexCraig
Jun 30, 2014, 08:16 AM
Yep. I also remember a date mission.