PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Connect with VPN is safe or not

Zona
Jun 29, 2014, 07:33 AM
I am not sure if it's safe from now on,but I am sure it's safe before the ddos happened.

As a Chinese in mainland of china,Our IP have been baned since last year.I connect JP server with VPN since that, My friend's and my account have not got a 816 errior yet.

But still something you needs to care about if you use VPN.

First,if you change your mac address,you needs to confrim your account by email.That means,if you use SoftEther or something similar,eatch time you create a new virtaul ether,you needs to confrim you account agin.To aoid this,use other VPN such as MX VPN,or keep to use same virtual ether.

Secound,This game may download films backgound,this may cause VPN unstable or ban your vpn account.Also if you use global options, the VPN may affect to other software,and make your VPN or your network unstable.To avoid this, you needs to config your VPN only worked with the IP of PSO2 JP server.You can check out that IP from Resource Monitor(Which comes with Win7 and Win8,you can access it from task manage).

third, it's really a headache to uptate the game with VPN.To solve this,you can download the pack from third party and copy them into $(your game dir)/win32.If you don't know where to get the pack, you can check out some forums in china.Unless your really can not find them,it's not Recommend downlaod the pack from mainland of china,it's may quite slow.

wefwq
Jun 29, 2014, 08:10 AM
I am not sure if it's safe from now on,but I am sure it's safe before the ddos happened.

As a Chinese in mainland of china,Our IP have been baned since last year.I connect JP server with VPN since that, My friend's and my account have not got a 816 errior yet.

But still something you needs to care about if you use VPN.

First,if you change your mac address,you needs to confrim your account by email.That means,if you use SoftEther or something similar,eatch time you create a new virtaul ether,you needs to confrim you account agin.To aoid this,use other VPN such as MX VPN,or keep to use same virtual ether.

Secound,This game may download films backgound,this may cause VPN unstable or ban your vpn account.Also if you use global options, the VPN may affect to other software,and make your VPN or your network unstable.To avoid this, you needs to config your VPN only worked with the IP of PSO2 JP server.You can check out that IP from Resource Monitor(Which comes with Win7 and Win8,you can access it from task manage).

third, it's really a headache to uptate the game with VPN.To solve this,you can download the pack from third party and copy them into $(your game dir)/win32.If you don't know where to get the pack, you can check out some forums in china.Unless your really can not find them,it's not Recommend downlaod the pack from mainland of china,it's may quite slow.

1) I'm from SEA and use VPN since IP ban started, like before DDoS, but using VPN are far from safe and is not recommended even it's paid one.

2) I think they stopped make us downloading video on the background since last major update because lots of complaints regaring high CPU usage.

3) I don't know, before DDoS, even they IP blok SEA from their login server, we can still connect to data check launcher server just fine.
Is there any specific chinese forum/thread i can check to download update data?

Aquanos
Jun 29, 2014, 08:28 AM
Does it count as a successful log in if you don't get passed the verification code part when trying to log in? If it doesn't count as a log in I should be fine.

Dan Maku
Jun 29, 2014, 09:35 AM
It's not safe. Several accounts have already been locked out as a result of Sega seeing so many accounts connecting via the same VPN IP and thinking they had been compromised.

Just calm your tits and wait for the game to get back to normal. Play something else in the meantime. Like TF2. Or Fire Emblem. Or Dodge the Blowtorch.

Zona
Jun 29, 2014, 10:55 AM
1) I'm from SEA and use VPN since IP ban started, like before DDoS, but using VPN are far from safe and is not recommended even it's paid one.

2) I think they stopped make us downloading video on the background since last major update because lots of complaints regaring high CPU usage.

3) I don't know, before DDoS, even they IP blok SEA from their login server, we can still connect to data check launcher server just fine.
Is there any specific chinese forum/thread i can check to download update data?

you can download update data from here.I am not sure if it worked out of china.
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=pso2