PDA

View Full Version : Workaround on the current PSO2 Login Issue without VPN inside :) Enjoy

Pages : [1] 2

monkheal
Jun 29, 2014, 09:09 AM
I figured out a way after the servers were brought back up to log in to PSO2 without a vpn or changing IP but changing the way your connection is routed via Pingzapper but not in the traditional way. It does not require a sub for it, the trial version works and you do not have the 1 hour limit for the program at all, I found this method through sheer dumb luck. Ive posting a YouTube video of how to do it.

There is no IP block for sure after showing all my friends how to do it and some other people ingame, I was going to post this earlier but my forum account took a little while to active. Would post it on reddit too but it takes so long to show my post at the top so if someone wants to do it who knows reddit better lemme know.

Anyways here is the link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRpmSb1e7M&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy everyone! Share with all your friends so we can repopulate the game!!! :-P

Hope it helps all the addicts who have been in withdrawl over a week like me :)

EDIT: When your setting up your profile for the game in PingZapper Make sure that you set your server to Tokyo and the connection area you log in from I use Southeast Asia as the option but other people might need other settings so you might need to mess with that. Hope this helps, ima kill my noob friend for not explaining that!!!!

HIT0SHI
Jun 29, 2014, 09:15 AM
Hahaha that 1 min log in.

Thanks for sharing!

monkheal
Jun 29, 2014, 09:16 AM
No problem, would have posted it earlier but I had to make my friend do the video and I didnt get my forum account til this morning lol

MDashK
Jun 29, 2014, 09:16 AM
Had tought on that too... But didn't searched yet. XD
Not tought it was that easily possible...

monkheal
Jun 29, 2014, 09:18 AM
Yeah I honestly tried it 50 different ways and stumbled upon restarting the tunnel and it working right before I was about to give up friday. If you dont restart the tunnel it crashes that part threw me off weirdest method ever but it works.

the_importer_
Jun 29, 2014, 09:26 AM
Been reading on the pingzapper page: http://pingzapper.com/

Seem that they have servers all over the world, does this mean that this is basically a VPN program?

MDashK
Jun 29, 2014, 09:31 AM
All I see is that pingzapper is a tunneling program.
Basically, if I understand, it re-routes your way to the servers in a better way.
Meaning: instead of you connect directly to the game server using your ISP, pingzapper will redirect that connection for you to be better.

I guess that's not considered VPN.
Correct me if I'm wrong?

Also, you can easily check your IP once you login.

monkheal
Jun 29, 2014, 09:43 AM
Nah its not a VPN just reroutes where it bounces to the servers. And the method even involves turning it off and 99% of games dont mind that you use it, in fact in FFXIV its one of the only ways to play with lower ping for alot of people like me. If your afraid that youll get banned though dont use it but IP address doesnt change so its not invasive like VPN's

MDashK
Jun 29, 2014, 09:50 AM
Also, if you check in the video, Pingzapper tunnel is technically closed BEFORE you login, it's only used to direct the connection TO the server, so when you login, I guess there's no way to use another IP instead of your own, since the tunnel was restarted and the connection set to off.

Asuka~
Jun 29, 2014, 09:53 AM
It's not working for me for some reason. I restart the tunnel and turn the connection to "Off", but I just get error 249.

monkheal
Jun 29, 2014, 09:53 AM
Yeah I know, weirdest method ever Im honestly surprised that I figured out how to get it done. Hope we get some success stories up in here :)

monkheal
Jun 29, 2014, 09:54 AM
It's not working for me for some reason. I restart the tunnel and turn the connection to "Off", but I just get error 249.

Did you make sure that it was On up top before you started the whole process? I think that Pingzapper starts defaulted on Off

the_importer_
Jun 29, 2014, 09:55 AM
Wait a sec, don't we need to do an update before being able to play?

BlankM
Jun 29, 2014, 09:55 AM
Can you confirm by checking your connection history that your IP doesn't change?

Asuka~
Jun 29, 2014, 09:57 AM
Did you make sure that it was On up top before you started the whole process? I think that Pingzapper starts defaulted on Off
Yeah. I made sure it was on but now, I'm getting server connection timed out when I try and login...

landman
Jun 29, 2014, 09:57 AM
Wait a sec, don't we need to do an update before being able to play?
There is no update, and in future updates, we could update normally using a VPN, then log in with our normal connection.

Comet Fire
Jun 29, 2014, 10:02 AM
Omg its like magic got on right away and it dident ask for auth key thx man

Asuka~
Jun 29, 2014, 10:03 AM
Omg its like magic got on right away and it dident ask for auth key thx man
Lucky you. ;___;

SeYc
Jun 29, 2014, 10:03 AM
Yeah. I made sure it was on but now, I'm getting server connection timed out when I try and login...

Same here. I get connection timed out every time. I guess its better than error249, but still...

monkheal
Jun 29, 2014, 10:04 AM

If thats the case then are you sure your turning it off before you put in your password as well. If your getting the timed out error it is on the right path to logging in people I know ingame that dont need any other method get this error every so often as well.

What you could try to do is change the location of where your routing through im in the southeast US and im using Southeast Asia as where my preferred area is, maybe you should try another there but keep Tokyo as the server. Hope this helps... Really weird everyone else I told about this over the last few days got in first try

Tournesol
Jun 29, 2014, 10:06 AM
Got 249 too. But it happened because pso2 was already launched b4 i installed PZ. You need to launch pso2 from pz or it wont work. Got in o/

Asuka~
Jun 29, 2014, 10:06 AM
If thats the case then are you sure your turning it off before you put in your password as well. If your getting the timed out error it is on the right path to logging in people I know ingame that dont need any other method get this error every so often as well.

What you could try to do is change the location of where your routing through im in the southeast US and im using Southeast Asia as where my preferred area is, maybe you should try another there but keep Tokyo as the server. Hope this helps... Really weird everyone else I told about this over the last few days got in first try
Hmm, I'll give it a go. Thanks!

MDashK
Jun 29, 2014, 10:08 AM
UPDATE: I can confirm this method TOTALLY works.

No code required.

Proof:

http://i.imgur.com/eQMZy2q.png

Has you can see, there are 3 IPs there.
I censored them partially for security.

THe all black one, is the one from work.
The one with red is the one from home.
The authentication request was when I tried using VPN. Did not confirmed that, so ignore it.

The latest one, in green on all top, is the IP that I logged in with the help of zapper.
But, this way, we can assume you log in with different IP although, the game did not request any authentication...

ALso, in the zapper settings, I selected the Tokyo server.
Got in right away, with the servers saying Normal status.

MORE INFO: After I log on, I closed zapper, and stayed in game, even changed from block to my room, no problem whatsoever.

the_importer_
Jun 29, 2014, 10:08 AM
Doesn't work for me. I restart the tunneling and turn the program off ,but when I enter my PSO2 password and hit enter, the entire game freezes and I have to crash it via Taskman. If I leave it on, then I get a log timeout 30 seconds after entering my password. Maybe it's because I'm not from the States.

monkheal
Jun 29, 2014, 10:09 AM
Got 249 too. But it happened because pso2 was already launched b4 i installed PZ. You need to launch pso2 from pz or it wont work. Got in o/

Yeah its a very precise process if you make one misstep it doesnt work. Glad to hear someone got it working though thought it was odd after explaining it to friends and them getting it done first try. Makes me feel bad

SeYc
Jun 29, 2014, 10:12 AM
Doesn't work for me. I restart the tunneling and turn the program off ,but when I enter my PSO2 password and hit enter, the entire game freezes and I have to crash it via Taskman. If I leave it on, then I get a log timeout 30 seconds after entering my password. Maybe it's because I'm not from the States.

Same problem. But when I tried to logged I saw all the ships in green-online.
Frozed after turning off the pz and put the password. FUUU! I was almost there xD

PD: nvm I'm in now. thx :D

monkheal
Jun 29, 2014, 10:13 AM
OK my friend is a noob ass, set your server to Tokyo and it should work, he didnt properly explain that portion.... sorry

MDashK
Jun 29, 2014, 10:16 AM
That's what I've been saying. Set the server to Tokyo. Should get in without any issue.
Still.... The change in the IP is worrying me...

Asuka~
Jun 29, 2014, 10:20 AM
That's what I've been saying. Set the server to Tokyo. Should get in without any issue.
I still can't get in for some reason even with the server set to Tokyo. I also set my region to South East Asia but it still didn't work. And yes I did restart tunnel and turned PZ from "On", to "Off" before logging in. I also made sure PZ was "On" before I launched PSO2.

AlphaBlob
Jun 29, 2014, 10:22 AM
My PSo2 crashes as soon as I hit login. :/ Anyone else having this problem?

BlankM
Jun 29, 2014, 10:23 AM
The title is misleading. Since your IP is changed in login history this is essentially just like any other VPN. Try at your own risk people.

SeYc
Jun 29, 2014, 10:24 AM
Nah, it also changes my IP to the exact same 106.186.XX...

Not gonna risk playing. Now I have 3 different IPs in my logging history. FML!

NightSun
Jun 29, 2014, 10:25 AM
I'm a bit confused on this,
I thought when you log in with a different IP, it always ask for authentication?
What makes this different?

Other than that, worked fine.

Shinamori
Jun 29, 2014, 10:25 AM
Hmm, gotta try this when I get home.

the_importer_
Jun 29, 2014, 10:28 AM
OK my friend is a noob ass, set your server to Tokyo and it should work, he didnt properly explain that portion.... sorry

Well setting it from Auto to Tokyo stopped the freezing, but I get a time out now, so still can't play. Man, workarounds hardly ever work for me.

SeYc
Jun 29, 2014, 10:30 AM
I'm a bit confused on this,
I thought when you log in with a different IP, it always ask for authentication?
What makes this different?

Other than that, worked fine.

I've logged with 3 different IPs and it only ask me for auth the 1st time. The other 2 I login just fine.

MDashK
Jun 29, 2014, 10:31 AM
If you get a time-out, keep trying, after 4 or 5 attempts you should log in.

Asellus
Jun 29, 2014, 10:31 AM
Works. 100%. No hassle. OP you're my new hero (^- ^)
Ship status was 'Normal'
No Authentication key was required either.
PZ was set to Auto.

Thanks for this because we know it'll take SEGA a while to iron everything out (if ever).

the_importer_
Jun 29, 2014, 10:33 AM
The title is misleading. Since your IP is changed in login history this is essentially just like any other VPN. Try at your own risk people.

A VPN is essentially you sharing an IP with different people. If everyone gets a different IP, I don't see why SEGA would think that this is a VPN. This is a free game client, we should be able to install it on multiple computers in multiple areas, so ya, IPs are gonna change. Also, let's not forget that some IPS will give you a different IP during the day, pretty sure SEGA thought of that.

.Jack
Jun 29, 2014, 10:33 AM
This seems no different than VPN =

Proof:

http://i.imgur.com/eQMZy2q.png

106.186 = you just logged in from japan

MDashK
Jun 29, 2014, 10:35 AM

Yeah, I had to test it... but, why didn't the game request authentication?
That's what I don't get.
Anyways, I'm NOT gonna risk it much, gonna avoid that as much for now, I'm sticking with my usual 2 IPs.

reaper527
Jun 29, 2014, 10:38 AM
A VPN is essentially you sharing an IP with different people.

and what exactly do you think this is doing? if this is a vpn or a proxy is up for debate, but the end result is the same. your traffic is coming from a shared ip with tons of other people. ultimately the tl;dr (and oversimplified) difference between a proxy and a vpn is that vpn's are encrypted traffic while proxies are not. the method is using one of those 2 tools, and they are (for our purposes) effectively the same thing.

regardless of if this is a proxy or a vpn, the mods really should modify the headline on this thread, because it's VERY misleading.

Sychosis
Jun 29, 2014, 10:44 AM
That's what I don't get.
Anyways, I'm NOT gonna risk it much, gonna avoid that as much for now, I'm sticking with my usual 2 IPs.

I doubt the game cares that you are logging in from a new IP (it happens for legit reasons often) as much as it cares that you and 50 others also logged in from the same new IP. Which would be why paid for VPNs are more reliable than free ones to avoid bans given the paywall.

Not that any VPN is a safe choice, mind.

the_importer_
Jun 29, 2014, 10:44 AM
and what exactly do you think this is doing? if this is a vpn or a proxy is up for debate, but the end result is the same. your traffic is coming from a shared ip with tons of other people. ultimately the tl;dr (and oversimplified) difference between a proxy and a vpn is that vpn's are encrypted traffic while proxies are not. the method is using one of those 2 tools, and they are (for our purposes) effectively the same thing.

regardless of if this is a proxy or a vpn, the mods really should modify the headline on this thread, because it's VERY misleading.

You're assuming that we'll all be using the same IP, how can you prove this unless everyone gives out the IP that they get once connected?

Mysterious-G
Jun 29, 2014, 10:45 AM
To those experiencing timeouts, I can only encourage you to try logging in multiple times; it eventually should let you. I am not using this method to log in (in fact I am using none at all), but hoping the solution to this problem might still apply for this method as well.

Otherwise, good job posting this OP.

MDashK
Jun 29, 2014, 10:48 AM
Hmm.... I was wondering...
Is it possible that, using the Tokyo server, and assuming everyone uses the same IP:

Is it possible that SEGA knows that IP is used by that specific program to reduce ping a lag in game, and that IP is white-listed?

Like "Ok, so we know this IP is from this specific server that is used by this app, that in turn is used to reduce the ping from players, so we know it's OK".

Is that possible?

Maybe that would explain why the game didn't ask authentication when loggin in.
That, or the displayed IP changes, but internally, the game knows the original IP that's loggin in (your "real" IP).

reaper527
Jun 29, 2014, 10:49 AM
You're assuming that we'll all be using the same IP, how can you prove this unless everyone gives out the IP that they get once connected?

because you are connecting from an ip that is not your own. this means your traffic is being routed through a dedicated vpn/proxy server. there may be a pool of multiple ip's, but that pool is inherently finite.

t's not up for debate if everyone is going to be routed through the same ip/handful of ip's.

acffordyce973
Jun 29, 2014, 10:51 AM
Is it possible that, using the Tokyo server, and assuming everyone uses the same IP:

Is it possible that SEGA knows that IP is used by that specific program to reduce ping a lag in game, and that IP is white-listed?

Like "Ok, so we know this IP is from this specific server that is used by this app, that in turn is used to reduce the ping from players, so we know it's OK".

Is that possible?

That, or the displayed IP changes, but internally, the game knows the original IP that's loggin in (your "real" IP).

From what I know, I believe the game actually does it by your MAC address. When you use another computer or normal VPN, it uses a different MAC Address. Using this method doesn't change your MAC address.

Aine
Jun 29, 2014, 10:53 AM
That's what I don't get.

I think authentication is based on MAC address, not IP, which is why you need an authentication key if you use a different home computer on the same network.

ninjad

monkheal
Jun 29, 2014, 10:57 AM

Is that possible?

Most games dont have issues with this program at all, that said I never recieved authentication email from any video game that checks IP and that i have used pingzapper and my normal connection on. I guess some people are going to nitpick though im sure enough myself to use it.

Only time Ive ever received an authentication email is when my ISP changes occasionally or I log in from a different location. If you are afraid though dont use it by all means.

the_importer_
Jun 29, 2014, 10:59 AM
I think authentication is based on MAC address, not IP, which is why you need an authentication key if you use a different home computer on the same network.

ninjad

Would make sense since I was required to authenticate myself when logging from my 2nd computer first time, and my IP rarely changes. Anyway, I removed that piece of crap of a software because I kept getting a time out and I won't keep trying all day to log in.

Tankotron
Jun 29, 2014, 11:05 AM
Well I can say this worked for me. Using an alt incase of any risks to main account.
I did not have to use an authentication password and what's more, I didn't even have to do everything in the tutorial :/

When i first got to ship select i didn't have to restart tunnel on PZ or anything, ships all showed green and online.

MDashK
Jun 29, 2014, 11:07 AM
From what I know, I believe the game actually does it by your MAC address. When you use another computer or normal VPN, it uses a different MAC Address. Using this method doesn't change your MAC address.

Hmm....
Basically, it means that, although the IP changed, since I'm using the same access card, it won't ask to authenticate.
But using VPN WILL change my MAC address since it creates a virtual one...
I see...
THat means that If i try to connect to the game using my ethernet card cable instead of wireless, the game will ask confirmation...
The IP changes, but the game knows that PC is the correct one due to MAC...

moorebounce
Jun 29, 2014, 11:28 AM
The Ship menu was green when I used it Thanks OP.

_mist
Jun 29, 2014, 11:30 AM
Does obtaining 249 Error message contribute towards your attempts to log in?
Does this also apply for the authorization screen?

In other words, do I have this Japan IP on my log in history from attempting
to log in even if the attempt was a failure?

NightSun
Jun 29, 2014, 11:31 AM
Not sure if anyone noticed or if its already been posted, but pso2 is listed as an officially supported game on the main site.
If that even means anything.

MDashK
Jun 29, 2014, 11:34 AM
Answering questions:

Yes, your loggin history will show a Japan IP.
No it will not ask authentication, since your MAC address is not changed!
SET YOUR ZONE CORRECTLY! SET THE SERVER TO JAPAN AND YOUR ZONE CORRECTLY.
IF YOU SET YOUR ZONE TO SEA, TUNNELING WILL PROBABLY NOT WORK CORRECTLY.
Example: Set Tokyo server and Europe (if you're in europe).
If the game is officially supported, than Great! It means that SEGA knows that IP is from that server and we are on the clear!!! =D

nanamin
Jun 29, 2014, 11:55 AM
As long as cheaters and RMTers are not using this....

BTW this method successfully worked for me.
I'm based in Sweden with Comhem as the ISP.

NightSun
Jun 29, 2014, 11:57 AM
If the game is officially supported, than Great! It means that SEGA knows that IP is from that server and we are on the clear!!! =D
Now don't jump the gun, like I said if it means anything.
Official to them doesn't necessarily mean official to Sega.

I did some research and it appears people have been falsely banned on other games for using this. They claim that it can trigger the auto protect, or whatever you call it, because of the account being using in different locations.
It seems mostly to be WoW, so I'm not 100% sure it uses the same protection as pso2 but it is something to keep in mind.

Tes
Jun 29, 2014, 11:57 AM
SOMEONE BUY THIS MAN A BEER!

Thank you i'm back on PSO2 :)

Xaelouse
Jun 29, 2014, 12:03 PM
I'll just wait before using this. Things may seem fine if you can log in with it until Sega thinks otherwise

Tes
Jun 29, 2014, 12:22 PM
Same can be said for all of us using an unofficial mod/patch/tweaker eh? Might as well just enjoy yourself.

Dammy
Jun 29, 2014, 12:23 PM
hm, you change your IP by doing this
still suspicious

Tes
Jun 29, 2014, 12:25 PM
If Sega pulls their finger out and fixes the servers next week we won't need to use this. If they don't and we can't get back on normally then this'll do just as nicely.

Tankotron
Jun 29, 2014, 12:43 PM
Went to shower and came back to a cute 630.
Even though ship logins still show green ONLINE i'm getting Server Connection Timed out. Is this just a Sega thing I can wait out?

Dammy
Jun 29, 2014, 12:49 PM
Went to shower and came back to a cute 630.
Even though ship logins still show green ONLINE i'm getting Server Connection Timed out. Is this just a Sega thing I can wait out?
kinda, just keep trying to reconnect

SilkaN
Jun 29, 2014, 12:50 PM
Just a little report:
I tried this method and was able to get into the game, got even send to B20 (lol) after chosing my character, and as you can see, it's completely deserted.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/9PszQ.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I tried going to my team room and got an 630 error. Then I tried my luck at the login screen once more but I just got some "Server connection timed out" messages.

I'm going to wait for a few more days (or weeks) because the servers still seem very unstable. Everything I wrote has been mentioned before, so please just see this as another confirmation post.

Dammy
Jun 29, 2014, 12:53 PM
Just a little report:
I tried this method and was able to get into the game, got even send to B20 (lol) after chosing my character, and as you can see, it's completely deserted.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/9PszQ.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I tried going to my team room and got an 630 error. Then I tried my luck at the login screen once more but I just got some "Server connection timed out" messages.

I'm going to wait for a few more days (or weeks) because the servers still seem very unstable. Everything I wrote has been mentioned before, so please just see this as another confirmation post.
630 when changing block is common thing, JP got it too, confirmed by SEGA
connection time out - see above

Jaquecz
Jun 29, 2014, 01:01 PM
I've been waiting 4 minutes for the ships to show up.
Hurp.
I'm just going to wait.
Since it's not sega doing the ISP blocking, and it's rather our ISP's backbone (Or something) thats causing us to be unable to connect to the game normally, all we gotta do is wait it out.
Or spam our ISP's until they unblock waifu simulator.

Meanwhile I'll just go play Hawken.
and Halo 2
and Planetside.
and Dawngate
and Fakku waitwat.

SilkaN
Jun 29, 2014, 01:02 PM
I've been waiting 4 minutes for the ships to show up.
Hurp.
Really? I only had to wait for 10-15 seconds.

moorebounce
Jun 29, 2014, 01:08 PM
At this point who even cares what happens? I thought my stuff was lost forever so I'm enjoying it while I still can.

Stop being a bunch of wussies. Jump in the waters fine. lol

PSchiZ
Jun 29, 2014, 01:14 PM
So this method only works for tweaker users? :I

Aquanos
Jun 29, 2014, 01:18 PM
At this point who even cares what happens? I thought my stuff was lost forever so I'm enjoying it while I still can.

Stop being a bunch of wussies. Jump in the waters fine. lol

Thats holy water you're talking about.
At this point the only method that will work for me is simply using a Japanese
VPN and I can't even do that considering I can't receive a fucking email because hotmail
wants to be a fucking tsundere. At this point I don't even care anymore.
I was a shit Br anyways. Using Alt from now on.

kyouyaenzan
Jun 29, 2014, 01:27 PM
So this method only works for tweaker users? :I

If you use pso2launcher as your launcher application, it'll work just as well.

I might be wrong.

reaper527
Jun 29, 2014, 01:42 PM

you are mistaking what "officially supported" means. it just means that the person who makes this program has confirmed that it works with the game. that doesn't mean sega has approved the use of the program. this program is as "officially supported" for pso2 as pengu is officially supported for <insert iphone/ios version here>.

the claim that pso2 is supported is referring to the program itself, and not an acknowledgement of sega ok'ing the program.

PSchiZ
Jun 29, 2014, 01:45 PM
If you use pso2launcher as your launcher application, it'll work just as well.

I might be wrong.

Yeah that didn't work for me, I kept getting error 107

Cyber Meteor
Jun 29, 2014, 01:50 PM
Anyone getting error 1002 ? I always get it in less than 5 mins. I've set the Server to Europe and the tunnel to Tokyo. Did what is showed in the video but it seems that the game only supports it for a little amount of time.

EDIT: Forgot to say I use Windows 8.1

milranduil
Jun 29, 2014, 02:42 PM
Yeah that didn't work for me, I kept getting error 107

I used a rando VPN to get through launcher, turned the VPN off after launcher finished loading, then hit restart tunnel as the game loaded and it worked.

SilkaN
Jun 29, 2014, 02:47 PM
I used a rando VPN to get through launcher, turned the VPN off after launcher finished loading, then hit restart tunnel as the game loaded and it worked.

You can bypass the whole VPN process by using the Tweaker.
Not that I'm telling you what to do, but it simplifies things a little bit.

ShawnLeeGuku
Jun 29, 2014, 03:10 PM
US, Comcast here, this worked perfectly for me! Even better than your demonstration, all I did was activate pingzapper and all the ships appeared as "Normal". However, once I turn off pingzapper, I do get DC'd.

Shinamori
Jun 29, 2014, 03:25 PM
I think I'm still gonna wait. This method changes your IP right?

-Sent from Samsung Galaxy s5.

ShawnLeeGuku
Jun 29, 2014, 03:28 PM
I think I'm still gonna wait. This method changes your IP right?

-Sent from Samsung Galaxy s5.

He specifically states that it doesn't, it just reroutes your connection. So after this I'm inclined to believe it's some kind of ISP shenanigans keeping people from playing.

BlankM
Jun 29, 2014, 03:34 PM
If you check your login history it DOES change your IP.

Sp-24
Jun 29, 2014, 03:37 PM
If that's how it is, what's the location of the IP address that you get after using this thing? Is it located in Japan?

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 03:38 PM
I've just opened the game with PingZapper, it does indeed change your IP to one from the Tokyo Region but after comparing with a friend who did the same thing it seems to be semi-dynamic so the risk of getting the exact IP is lessened somewhat. On the plus side: At least it runs a heck of a lot better than through a normal VPN service.

viciousbrandon
Jun 29, 2014, 03:55 PM
It does work for me as well. But think I rather wait just a bit longer. Just wish I could access the main site as well with it.

Asellus
Jun 29, 2014, 03:58 PM
I've logged and re-logged a few times and it sets the IP to a specific one rather than giving me a new one each time.
I log in from Chicago on Clear, and I'm using the Auto function to select a region for me. No problems getting in or getting back in after a random 630 error. Ship selection is very fast, within seconds.

Jaquecz
Jun 29, 2014, 04:28 PM
Well holy shit it worked.
How do you check the IP thing in game.

Z-0
Jun 29, 2014, 04:35 PM
Login History on the menu before character select.

Cyber Meteor
Jun 29, 2014, 04:36 PM
Pfffff....... I will have to forget that solution and wait things get back to normal, I always get a pso2.exe error ( NP1002 ) after 3 mins in game when I keep pingzapper ON and when I set it OFF like in the video, I can't login (tried 20 times, all connection timed out). I must keep Pinzapper ON if I want to login.
It seems it doesn't work for everyone but I suspect it's related to Windows 8.1 because sometimes it also prevent Paint/Worpad etc....(all Windows accesories) from opening.

EDIT: I've installed PSO2 in C:\ fodder instead of Program Files if that make a difference for pingzapper

EDIT2 : It's not a matter of fodder, I checked the edited version of the vid and he also has PSO2 in C:\ fodder, also that NP1002 seems to come from Gameguard.

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 04:37 PM
Pfffff....... I will have to forget that solution and wait things get back to normal, I always get a pso2.exe error ( NP1002 ) after 3 mins in game when I keep pingzapper ON and when I set it OFF like in the video, I can't login (tried 20 times, all connection timed out). I must keep Pinzapper ON if I want to login.
It seems it doesn't work for everyone but I suspect it's related to Windows 8.1 because sometimes it also prevent Paint/Worpad etc....(all Windows accesories) from opening.
It's not 8.1. I'm using 8.1 an it worked fine, it just seems that Pingzapper's VERY finiky.

Jaquecz
Jun 29, 2014, 04:40 PM
Here's a picture of what the game looks like right now.
This is pretty much what everything but block 10 looks like, I didn't remember I had the "Hide hud" (or something) option checked so It doesn't show any of the UI or anything, I'll upload a picture of the block list thing later.
http://i.imgur.com/g9qsdTD.jpg
(And by later i mean in like anywhere from 3 hours till tomorrow because IRL is busy today.)

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 04:45 PM
Here's a picture of what the game looks like right now.
This is pretty much what everything but block 10 looks like, I didn't remember I had the "Hide hud" (or something) option checked so It doesn't show any of the UI or anything, I'll upload a picture of the block list thing later.
http://i.imgur.com/g9qsdTD.jpg
(And by later i mean in like anywhere from 3 hours till tomorrow because IRL is busy today.)

Block 08's completely dead right now, only saw one other person. :\

the_importer_
Jun 29, 2014, 05:12 PM
I take back what I said, it's not a piece of crap. I noticed by looking at screenshot that I was missing a prompt window that program opened. I so flush everything, re-installed it and now it works. Hell, I don't even need to wait a minute, it connects me to the ships right away.

Jaquecz
Jun 29, 2014, 05:14 PM
Here's some pics.
As you can see, it's pretty empty on most blocks, way less than normal.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/f7mtBQo.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/s5c44AI.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/qncOrhJ.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
I'm personally not going to use the PingZapper method of getting past whatever Is keeping me from playing the game normally because of it changing what IP address I connect from.
Call me paranoid but I don't want to go through creating another email and another account along with getting all my stuff back if it's something I can avoid. So I'm just gonna wait till things clear up (If they ever do) and then log back in normally and make it look like I actually was in another area when I connected using the Pingzapper workaround.
(That and the game is a freakin ghost-town)

Cortte
Jun 29, 2014, 05:25 PM
So I've added the PSO2.EXE as main game file, and PSO2LAUNCHER as the launcher file and I am still getting the error. Pingzapper is on, and I am running the game through it and still error 107. Does this need the tweaker as the launcher file or does that not matter? Also is the region I set US? Or do I need to set it to SEA?

Yata The Prophet
Jun 29, 2014, 05:30 PM

Oh so it set the IP to the program and not back to yours? Now I am confused. I thought once logging in, the IP that shows up would be yours.

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 05:30 PM
So I've added the PSO2.EXE as main game file, and PSO2LAUNCHER as the launcher file and I am still getting the error. Pingzapper is on, and I am running the game through it and still error 107. Does this need the tweaker as the launcher file or does that not matter? Also is the region I set US? Or do I need to set it to SEA?

if you have the tweaker, you want to set that as your launch file. also you want ot set the first region to Tokyo and the second part to your region, wherever you live.

Cyber Meteor
Jun 29, 2014, 05:33 PM
Here is what I always get when I use Pingzapper, in that case it was set to Off after restarting the tunnelling process but I also get this when I keep it ON and am in-game after 2 mins.
Server: Europe Tunnel: Tokyo

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t650/CyberMeteor/Login%20IP%20ban%20test/pso2errornp1002_zpse3799123.png~original[/SPOILER-BOX]

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 05:36 PM
Here is what I always get when I use Pingzapper, in that case it was set to Off after restarting the tunnelling process but I also get this when I keep it ON and am in-game after 2 mins.
Server: Europe Tunnel: Tokyo

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t650/CyberMeteor/Login%20IP%20ban%20test/pso2errornp1002_zpse3799123.png~original[/SPOILER-BOX]

That sounds like a GameGuard error iirc.

Jaquecz
Jun 29, 2014, 05:37 PM

So far each time it's worked It's been by using PSO2Tweaker.

The region you set it to depends on where you live, I set it to US Central North because I'm over in Canada.

In tunnel selection you click on manual, Go down to Asia-Pacific, and click on tokyo 1.

The launcher file should be the PSO2 Tweaker.exe.

After that you just turn pingzapper on, open up the ship menu, click on whatever ship you are normally on, then you switch to pingzapper again, right click on your PSO setting thing, click on restart tunnel, then switch Pingzapper off, after that you put your password in.

Whenever I do it, I get a server time out the first time, then I login the second time.

Might be different for other people.

milranduil
Jun 29, 2014, 05:43 PM

You really should read the thread more before posting a problem.

Use any VPN of your choosing to get to the game client itself if you don't have Tweaker. Then use PZ as he directs in the video once the client is open.

Cortte
Jun 29, 2014, 05:51 PM
if you have the tweaker, you want to set that as your launch file. also you want ot set the first region to Tokyo and the second part to your region, wherever you live.

What I am wondering is if the Tweaker is a need for this to work, or have people gotten it working without the tweaker?

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 05:52 PM
What I am wondering is if the Tweaker is a need for this to work, or have people gotten it working without the tweaker?

So far every successful use that I've seen has been with the Tweaker so you'll want to try and use that if you can. :-)

milranduil
Jun 29, 2014, 05:53 PM

Use any VPN of your choosing to get to the game client itself if you don't have Tweaker. Then use PZ as he directs in the video once the client is open.

I've said it twice now lol....

Meta77
Jun 29, 2014, 06:09 PM
Tempted to try but just going to wait till tuesday to see what they say.

Pacifista
Jun 29, 2014, 06:14 PM
I can confirm that this didn't work at first but after I changed the location of my routin' to Southeast Asia I was able to play the game without any kind of problem.

Thank you for this :)

Gama
Jun 29, 2014, 06:14 PM
used my alternate account "for testing purposes" failed to connect.

ill wait it out.

Cyber Meteor
Jun 29, 2014, 06:40 PM
I give up. I've chosen all the server location available, did everything like in the updated tutorial (and also different things) but I still get that Gameguard error (NP1002) after 3-4 mins. So I uninstalled it and now I wait for a proper return of the server and hoping that my account doesn't get suspended (I don't think there is a real risk in that point). The only way that is currently working for me is through a VPN but it's too risky.

That error seems related to the tunneling process, it's the only thing I haven't tweaked (always Tokyo1).

EvilMag
Jun 29, 2014, 06:58 PM
BTW looking up your error, you need to update windows from what it says.

MDashK
Jun 29, 2014, 07:01 PM
Regarding the config in PZ: set main EXE to PSO2 and launcher to Tweaker or PSO2Launcher.

Regarding the IPs:

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but:

Most IP's we use are not "Fixed". Meaning: from time to time our ISP's change our IP.
We might not see it in the loggin history, because we loggin very much times, but I know for certain that my ISP changes my ISP from time to time.
Hell, if I reboot my router now, and just restart it in the morning I can garantee you that I'll have a different IP address...
Also, in my work, although I have a fixed IP address, it's sums up to 2 IP addresses using the account.

I strongly believe that the issue in VPNs are in the MAC address being changed, so the authentication is required.

Let's put in question the net cafe's computers over at japan.
Multiple accounts use those PCs to connect to PSO, so, multiple accounts will have the same MAC address and IP (if it's fixed).
But, since the machine itself is certified in SEGA by being a net cafe PC, it ignores that MAC address multiple-account thing, and everything's OK.

So, my point again: I believe that the issue is not the IPs itself, but the MAC address.
I believe that, as long the MAC address doesn't change, everything should be OK.

Cyber Meteor
Jun 29, 2014, 07:02 PM
@EvilMag BWAHAHAHAHAHA, really? Stupid gameguard....... No update of any sort needed/planned according to Windows 8.1 :-?.

EvilMag
Jun 29, 2014, 07:07 PM
@EvilMag BWAHAHAHAHAHA, really? Stupid gameguard....... No update of any sort needed/planned according to Windows 8.1 :-?.

That may be your issue. From what I heard even after Sega started supporting Windows 8.1 GG always had issues with it.

Ygdrad
Jun 29, 2014, 07:09 PM
I can use it to connect to the game just fine, but there is a problem, the trial version will disconnect you after 60 minutes and if I try only using it to reach the password stage, the game just hangs and stops responding after i enter the password. While this is a neat workaround, we're stuck with 60 minute play sessions, or at least I am unless someone can come up with a workaround for the freezing.

Cyber Meteor
Jun 29, 2014, 07:13 PM
@EvilMag But I was able to connect properly before DDOS and even after when I used a VPN (only did it twice), so it's weird. BTW I can confirm it comes from Pingzapper, just launched the game without it, stayed at login screen for 10 mins and no Error NP1002 (Pingzapper triggers that error after 4 mins) , so that leaves no doubts.

milranduil
Jun 29, 2014, 07:13 PM
All I'm getting all of the sudden is a server disconnect when I login now... was working beforehand .-.

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 07:17 PM
I was logged in for two hours, just logged out and then back in without issues. Not sure where the issues are coming from.

Ygdrad
Jun 29, 2014, 07:31 PM
Well, it worked for me before, now I'm getting "server connection timed out"

acffordyce973
Jun 29, 2014, 07:37 PM
Well, it worked for me before, now I'm getting "server connection timed out"

Yeah, it was working fine for me too. "Server connection timed out" now, tried several times.

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 07:41 PM
You did turn off Pingzapper before actually logging in right? Some people have said that leaving it on might cause that problem.

Daiyousei
Jun 29, 2014, 07:44 PM
[spoiler-box]403 :名無しオンライン:2014/06/30(月) 00:11:12.19 ID:nmTaW3dL
(´・ω・`)外人さんも大変ね
how to log on PSO2 the after ddos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRpmSb1e7M&feature=youtu.be
[/spoiler-box]

found this while reading 2ch, your video got mentioned

ShawnLeeGuku
Jun 29, 2014, 07:48 PM
I've gotten the server connection time out before, but it worked the next time I tried it. I guess it's just a little finicky with when you disable PZ at the login or something.

Ygdrad
Jun 29, 2014, 07:49 PM
Disabling PZ at any time just makes the game hang and stop responding after i input my password. :(

Jaquecz
Jun 29, 2014, 07:52 PM
I can use it to connect to the game just fine, but there is a problem, the trial version will disconnect you after 60 minutes and if I try only using it to reach the password stage, the game just hangs and stops responding after i enter the password. While this is a neat workaround, we're stuck with 60 minute play sessions, or at least I am unless someone can come up with a workaround for the freezing.

You don't need to leave PingZapper on if you do the procedure right.
Are you sure it's freezing and not you just being a wee bit impatient with it?
There should be a video on the first page of the thread showing you how to do it correctly.

Jokai
Jun 29, 2014, 07:54 PM
Getting Putty fatal error when restarting tunnel and after I get around 5 of those pop up messages PSO2 gives me server connection timed out. It worked for me when this was originally posted, not anymore.

Ygdrad
Jun 29, 2014, 08:05 PM
You don't need to leave PingZapper on if you do the procedure right.
Are you sure it's freezing and not you just being a wee bit impatient with it?
There should be a video on the first page of the thread showing you how to do it correctly.

No, it's not impatience, the instant I click "login" the game freezes, nothing happens anymore, the cursor wont move, and if I click anywhere I get a popup from windows telling me the game is unresponsive. I can wait minutes, it wont unfreeze.

Aussei
Jun 29, 2014, 08:11 PM
Server connection timed out. It doesn't work for everyone I guess. Using Optimum Online as ISP. :)

Ygdrad
Jun 29, 2014, 08:17 PM
Server connection timed out. It doesn't work for everyone I guess. Using Optimum Online as ISP. :)

Keep trying I guess. I was able to get in while keeping PZ on before, but now i get connection timed out. I haven't managed to get back in since the time outs started happening though.

RawrxD
Jun 29, 2014, 08:17 PM
It might not be working anymore, or pingzapper might just not like me anymore, or Sega started blocking the PZ ip because I used it earlier, around 3-4x (because of the d/c when you change blocks that happens sometimes) and it worked, but now it's just giving me server connection timed out :l or freezing sometimes.

MegaRocker1987
Jun 29, 2014, 08:27 PM

i got optimum online as well and everytime i try to log in with pz i get a time out but i did the same method earlier this afternoon and i got on just fine y is that?

Jaquecz
Jun 29, 2014, 08:30 PM
SEGA might've decided they wanted to be a killjoy, I'm no longer able to actually bring up the ships in-game, just keeps on loadin- WAT REALLY?
Ships came up when I clicked exit.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Ygdrad
Jun 29, 2014, 08:31 PM
Unless someone can confirm this still working for them, I think SEGA just found out about it and blocked pz. It's kind of odd that we get an instant "connection timed out" rather than a long wait before getting it.

Jaquecz
Jun 29, 2014, 08:37 PM
Works for me, a bit. >_< (It loaded when i hit quit again, and another time I messed up and turned it off after I logged in instead of before.)
I don't think SEGA would actually block PZ considering what most people actually use PZ for.
Maybe it's traffic or something?

RawrxD
Jun 29, 2014, 08:41 PM
Someone posted saying that ship 02 was full so i went back and tried ship 10 , and it did show the "Authenticating ID" instead of time out so this might be the case. But I did d/c... so i'll go try again. Sega might have gotten new servers(Temporary), with low capacity which might explain why they blocked out the major ISPS( to let JP in) But i'll edit to see i can actually get in >:C

Welp... other ships give me the Authenticating Sega ID, but they d/c me quickly after that :l........ But its better than the connection timed out from ship 2 i guess :[

Ygdrad
Jun 29, 2014, 08:43 PM
Works for me, a bit. >_< (It loaded when i hit quit again, and another time I messed up and turned it off after I logged in instead of before.)
I don't think SEGA would actually block PZ considering what most people actually use PZ for.
Maybe it's traffic or something?

I'm not talking about the ships, those show up pretty quickly and green for me, the timeout happens when you put your password in and try logging in.

Jaquecz
Jun 29, 2014, 08:47 PM
Oh that, yeah I get that too, I was able to get in a couple times, the first time I had to try like 2 times before It let me in. The second time I repeated the whole "Method" process like 3 times, but then I got a 630 after finishing a quest.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 29, 2014, 08:57 PM
running pingzapper. loading ship 2 for 6 minutes so far... ugh wtf....

Daiyousei
Jun 29, 2014, 08:59 PM
Even on reddit someone said they could login with pingzapper before and now cannot.

Seems like Pingzapper's tunnel is getting "DDoS"ed with everyone using it now.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 29, 2014, 09:00 PM
fuck >:-[

Tankotron
Jun 29, 2014, 09:02 PM
Yea people suck. Everyone should get off and just let me play.

Jaquecz
Jun 29, 2014, 09:03 PM
Even on reddit someone said they could login with pingzapper before and now cannot.

Seems like Pingzapper's tunnel is getting "DDoS"ed with everyone using it now.

Same conclusion that I came to.
Maybe everyone should attempt trying to connect to different ships to see if it makes a difference.

Sp-24
Jun 29, 2014, 09:17 PM
I gave in and decided to use one of the riskier VPNs that I could find. Got past the launcher with very few problems, but got stopped by 249s at the ship screen, and it didn't matter which ship I'd choose to log into.

Which, I guess, proves nothing.

ashley50
Jun 29, 2014, 09:18 PM
How many casualties so far?

AkumaYouji
Jun 29, 2014, 09:36 PM
was trying to avoid these methods but caved and tried this one. Didnt work ships were grey and when trying to login(typed in password and hit enter) after about a minute or so of the spinning wheel a message pops up that translates to "you have been disconnected from the server"

Jokai
Jun 29, 2014, 09:53 PM
was trying to avoid these methods but caved and tried this one. Didnt work ships were grey and when trying to login(typed in password and hit enter) after about a minute or so of the spinning wheel a message pops up that translates to "you have been disconnected from the server"

It was working earlier today, not anymore.

IndignationSWF
Jun 29, 2014, 09:55 PM
It's down here too after a third re-log when it straight up crashed at log in several times. Looks like this solution's bust for the moment.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 29, 2014, 10:09 PM
followed the steps, at log in, PSO2 freezed up and then my whole PC crashed after being frozen for half a minute... :(

ShawnLeeGuku
Jun 29, 2014, 10:10 PM
It's still working fine for me.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 29, 2014, 10:54 PM
maybe it's because my OS is WinXP.. i follow that guy's steps to the letter, the game client freezes and then my whole PC crashes. Running a disc defrag now and will have to run a full 4 hr Disk Check & Repair on my whole HDD to this... :(

Asellus
Jun 29, 2014, 11:02 PM
Still all good here. :bunny:

RawrxD
Jun 29, 2014, 11:03 PM
Yep, it worked this morning for me, broke around 6-8 pm (PST) and it's working again for me (9 Pm pst)

CAST_Emile
Jun 29, 2014, 11:34 PM
It's working for me. Have you all considered that you're just.. doin it wrong?

Sp-24
Jun 29, 2014, 11:35 PM
That's very descriptive, I'll try it out.

Jokai
Jun 29, 2014, 11:36 PM
It's working for me. Have you all considered that you're just.. doin it wrong?

Well I haven't tried it in the past hour and a half, but the problem is it was working, like for me, and now doesn't. Don't be so arrogant, it's annoying.

Edit- restarted pc, seemed to fix it.

LoN_Lina
Jun 29, 2014, 11:49 PM
Well I haven't tried it in the past hour and a half, but the problem is it was working, like for me, and now doesn't. Don't be so arrogant, it's annoying.

Not to sound rude but did you try to reboot and reload the software. Not being rude sometime it's an unexpected Windows feature (or as I like to call them microshaft glitches)

Jokai
Jun 30, 2014, 12:09 AM
Not to sound rude but did you try to reboot and reload the software. Not being rude sometime it's an unexpected Windows feature (or as I like to call them microshaft glitches)

Ya, I've tried that. I haven't tried restarting my computer yet though, which fixes most problems.

TaigaUC
Jun 30, 2014, 12:15 AM
Didn't work for me, PingZapper kept timing itself out.
I'm using my cell phone net to login, anyway. Kinda interesting that B20 is always almost empty now.

Zorua
Jun 30, 2014, 12:31 AM
It's working for me. The game kicked me off and crashed my PC upon restarting, but I was able to get back in on my 4th attempt.

Tes
Jun 30, 2014, 12:57 AM
Didn't work for me, PingZapper kept timing itself out.
I'm using my cell phone net to login, anyway. Kinda interesting that B20 is always almost empty now.

Many blocks are empty whenever I go on which proves that people in JP are having just as many problems as those outside of JP.

elryan
Jun 30, 2014, 02:29 AM
Worked flawlessly. Thank you op. Although, the 2 minute freeze during ship-list loading screen was rather annoying (small price to pay for being able to actually log in though.)

Anyone has a workaround for that freeze issue? Would be very grateful.

Thanks again op.

IndignationSWF
Jun 30, 2014, 02:33 AM
Got back in. Got dropped on a nearly empty block 20, it's friggen surreal.

Aurorra
Jun 30, 2014, 02:34 AM
Works well for me. Loaded the ship screen no slower than normal.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 30, 2014, 02:43 AM
this does the same thing that WTFast did, giving me a Japanese IP address via proxy, but it is odd that i didn't get an e-mail authe for pingzapper or WTFast.... I'm thinking that MAC Address thing just might be plausible (good job for once SEGAC)+^_^+ back in 2012-2013 when i went to the campus it had me authenticate a bunch of times but this last year i've only used 3 IPs and i don't think i had to authenticate once+^_^+

MDashK
Jun 30, 2014, 03:03 AM
I'm right now at work and can loggin without PZ (just like before)
Load the ships as "Unknown" and have to try to login like 4 or 5 times (keeps giving me COnnection time out) but when I enter, i got no big problems...
Of course, if I try to change blocks or go to my room... I get disconnected. Xp

Tournesol
Jun 30, 2014, 03:38 AM
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up113447.png

IndignationSWF
Jun 30, 2014, 03:42 AM
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up113447.png

Oh boy, here we go...

ShadowDragon28
Jun 30, 2014, 03:50 AM
*sigh* f**kin anti-foreigner assholes on 2Chan, they need to chill out. Most "foreigner" never do anything to harm their precious "japanese only" game... ffs

IndignationSWF
Jun 30, 2014, 03:52 AM
*sigh* f**kin anti-foreigner assholes on 2Chan, they need to chill out. Most "foreigner" never do anything to harm their precious "japanese only" game... ffs

The world takes all kinds my friend, though I'm more worried about everyone and their mother getting on Pingzapper and outright killing it.

That said, I'm goin' to bed. Night All.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 30, 2014, 03:53 AM

well, it is "2chan" and "4chan" after all+^_^+ just ignore those sites altogether

Soldat J
Jun 30, 2014, 04:01 AM
Nothing the Japanese person wrote in that image was very threatening. Not to mention I highly doubt a large amount of people on Ship 2 will even read it.

But to sum it up, he's just summarizing what the video explains and that pingzapper can be used to get into the game even from a foreign country.

At the end he suggests that people report AIDA and Karen for misuse of the game.

I really doubt the Japanese people who hate foreigners on Ship 2 will ever actually do anything productive. They're looking for a scapegoat to blame things on, and the foreign players are the perfect group to bully.

n_n
Jun 30, 2014, 04:04 AM
This thread is so misleading. =/ Pingzapper is just another VPN program.

I hope nobody ends up losing their account.

gaijin_punch
Jun 30, 2014, 04:23 AM
[QUOTE=Soldat J
I really doubt the Japanese people who hate foreigners on Ship 2 will ever actually do anything productive. They're looking for a scapegoat to blame things on, and the foreign players are the perfect group to bully.[/quote]

Welcome to post war Japan.

MDashK
Jun 30, 2014, 04:26 AM
This thread is so misleading. =/ Pingzapper is just another VPN program.

I hope nobody ends up losing their account.

SSH Tunneling is not VPN.
You keep your MAC address, of course, you change your IP, but let's be realistic, your ISP changes your IP from time to time (except when you pay the fee for a fixed IP).

Ygdrad
Jun 30, 2014, 04:35 AM
yeah, pingzapper is still having issues on my end, the ship list comes up instantly(although grey), but with pingzapper it just never comes up, or at least it hasn't after 20 minutes of waiting.

nanamin
Jun 30, 2014, 04:36 AM
I think the main issue is not that the IP changes, but that the IP is shared. Meaning if somebody cheats or RTM, than all of us with the shared IP will be banned.

Now I'm not quite sure if this IP is really shared or not though...

ShawnLeeGuku
Jun 30, 2014, 05:55 AM
It's not working for me currently, but it has worked, stopped working, and worked again, so it seems kinda intermittent.

EDIT: So it worked fine when I closed PSOW. Maybe it's you guys.

EDIT #2: A little further testing reveals it doesn't seem to work for me while Steam is running.

gaijin_punch
Jun 30, 2014, 06:53 AM
For the record, I do a few page refreshes in Chrome (for good luck) which seems to help w/ the 107 errors.

Gama
Jun 30, 2014, 10:22 AM
i sorta do the same, when grinding from 9 to 10 i cross my fingers and close my eyes.

pkemr4
Jun 30, 2014, 10:43 AM
are there any good vpn's that give you your own ip address that no one else can have or use? (im willing to pay for this since i have a shiton of money now and pc is finshed) also apparently what triggers the authentication is mac address and not ip address. (note apparently)

NightSun
Jun 30, 2014, 10:52 AM
I think the main issue is not that the IP changes, but that the IP is shared. Meaning if somebody cheats or RTM, than all of us with the shared IP will be banned.

Now I'm not quite sure if this IP is really shared or not though...

Some posted somewhere in this topic, too lazy to check, that it assigns different IPs.
According to them they checked with a friend, and they had different IPs.

It's not working for me currently, but it has worked, stopped working, and worked again, so it seems kinda intermittent.

EDIT: So it worked fine when I closed PSOW. Maybe it's you guys.

EDIT #2: A little further testing reveals it doesn't seem to work for me while Steam is running.

I had psow and steam overlay up, worked fine for me.

Asellus
Jun 30, 2014, 11:12 AM
Still working for me :bunny:

Had to log in a few times to get through just now but on the successful attempt ship selection was green and there were no loading times. Just minutes earlier it took a minute to load the ship, paused after I input my password and then timed out.

.Jack
Jun 30, 2014, 11:12 AM
are there any good vpn's that give you your own ip address that no one else can have or use? (im willing to pay for this since i have a shiton of money now and pc is finshed) also apparently what triggers the authentication is mac address and not ip address. (note apparently)

There's plenty of them just google and make sure that it offers dedicated service (your own private IP for just you and no one else). Alot of them offer free trials to try it out before you buy.

I'd still just wait out abit longer until everything is completely back to normal though. Once that's all been done and certain ISP's are still being blocked, then I'd look for one.

pkemr4
Jun 30, 2014, 11:35 AM
There's plenty of them just google and make sure that it offers dedicated service (your own private IP for just you and no one else). Alot of them offer free trials to try it out before you buy.

I'd still just wait out abit longer until everything is completely back to normal though. Once that's all been done and certain ISP's are still being blocked, then I'd look for one.

i honestly dont know where to begin when trying google that stuff.

sabitsuki
Jun 30, 2014, 11:36 AM
maybe "dedicated japanese ip vpn" helps

Gama
Jun 30, 2014, 01:18 PM
i wonder how manny accounts where banned so far due to bad vpn's or frequent ip changes.

Jaquecz
Jun 30, 2014, 01:20 PM
Not me.
PSO2 temptation wuz 2 much
I'm still not banned.
Even if i did get banned I'm only level 33 and the salizania isn't that hard to obtain.

MDashK
Jun 30, 2014, 02:32 PM
Was wondering...
Is there any confirmed PSO2 case where the user was banned for using PZ?
Just wondering...

nanamin
Jun 30, 2014, 02:36 PM
A quick Google search gives a lot of bans for WoW, but I don't think anyone used PZ for PSO2 before this video was posted. I guess we just have to wait and see if anyone does actually get banned.

.Jack
Jun 30, 2014, 02:51 PM
http://www.vpnground.com/blog/dedicated-ip-vpn/

I'd still wait a while before getiing into this.

Jaquecz
Jun 30, 2014, 03:24 PM
I ran into the PSO2 Crashes at login thing.
poop.
:(

Cyber Meteor
Jun 30, 2014, 03:34 PM
I was able to make it work after shutting down Steam. It lasted the 60 mins period of the trial version (I turned PZ Off at the password page), and I had to get the autentication mail.

So I would advice to close Steam if you're using Pingzapper, I get a Gameguard error (NP1002) when leaving it open.

nanamin
Jun 30, 2014, 03:40 PM
I think the ultimate workaround is to get a fast 3G or better phone SIM, and use tethering, or change ISP to a known working one. My friends 3G SIM (Sweden Comviq) can connect to pso2.jp.

I so happened to have no mobile phone, since I just moved to Sweden from Japan, so I will give this a shot.

viciousbrandon
Jun 30, 2014, 03:43 PM
I'm thinking I might start using this workaround since I can't access the game or main site yet. Funny enough I can access it from my phone but only when its connected to my work's wifi.

Sp-24
Jun 30, 2014, 03:45 PM
I couldn't connect with my cellphone since the day this whole thing started.

And it's better not to use these methods until the next maintenance, since there is a chance that the block will be lifted.

viciousbrandon
Jun 30, 2014, 03:54 PM
I couldn't connect with my cellphone since the day this whole thing started.

And it's better not to use these methods until the next maintenance, since there is a chance that the block will be lifted.

Any idea when the next maintenance is? Though if i made it this long I can wait a few more days.

elryan
Method does not work anymore.

Game spews out "Connection Timed Out" after entering password (of course after restarting tunnel and turning off the zapper).

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Back to VPN.

nanamin
I was searching around, and it seems quite normal in Japan that people use their 3G connection for PSO2. I guess a full 12 player DF would be laggy, but better than nothing.

I'm also hoping that the July 2nd update will solve this fiasco.

http://weekly.ascii.jp/elem/000/000/135/135626/

Jaquecz
Jun 30, 2014, 03:59 PM
So remind me again, what exactly is keeping us from playing the game without the use of PingZapper or a VPN?
Was it backbone provider or something?

nanamin
Jun 30, 2014, 04:01 PM
Unknown at this point, but chances are that SEGA and their ISP implemented a measure for a wide range of foreign IP.

IndignationSWF
Jun 30, 2014, 04:02 PM
So remind me again, what exactly is keeping us from playing the game without the use of PingZapper or a VPN?
According to info gathered, it's a Backbone issue, though I suspect that the new countermeasures aren't helping.

Sp-24
Jun 30, 2014, 04:06 PM
That's one of the possibilities. Either Sega is somehow blocking the connections from ISPs that Sega found suspicious, or they requested their provider to do that. If it's the former, there is a possibility that it was just a temporary measure that will be a part of this Wednesday's maintenance. In the latter case, even if is temporary, it's not related to server maintenance, and there's no way to tell how long will it last.

Of course, it could be permanent in both cases.

Jaquecz
Jun 30, 2014, 04:23 PM
Is there any settings in one's modem that could prevent you from being able to connect?
Maybe we need to forward some different ports?
something?

nanamin
Jun 30, 2014, 04:24 PM
I thought of that and I opened all ports from 12000 to 13000, which are the ports PSO2 uses, but did not make any difference.

Perhaps SEGA changed ports, but I doubt that changing the router settings would solve anything.

Jaquecz
Jun 30, 2014, 04:28 PM
http://www.the-ghf-clan.de/pso2serverstatus.html is showing everything as down, even though the servers are up.
Maybe sega changed IP addresses or something.
I have some IPV6 firewall settings that, while I don't really know what they do, look like they might affect connection to the server, one of them prevents modem responese to unsoliciated WAN traffic.

But once again I don't really know what most of this means, I'm just thinking maybe the problem could be with us or something.

Taskus
Jun 30, 2014, 04:37 PM
This works, surprisingly
However, once im in game its still pretty laggy so Ill probably just put off doing anything until everyone gets the ok go on it

Jaquecz
Jun 30, 2014, 04:42 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/29i80n/pso2_routing_issue/

Anyone wanna look into this?

Sychosis
Jun 30, 2014, 04:56 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/29i80n/pso2_routing_issue/

Anyone wanna look into this?

Open a command prompt, type tracert gs016.pso2gs.net (that's ship 2 btw), hit enter. If your connection dies before leaving your own country, SEGA cannot help you and this next maintenance will in all likelihood not help one bit. Also don't worry about pinging, trace route is just a series of pings.

Your only recourse in this case would be to wait until your ISP or some backbone telcom verifies that DDoS traffic has died down and allows traffic once more, or ring them yourself and let them give you the run around.

the_importer_
Jun 30, 2014, 05:03 PM
http://www.the-ghf-clan.de/pso2serverstatus.html is showing everything as down, even though the servers are up.
Maybe sega changed IP addresses or something.
I have some IPV6 firewall settings that, while I don't really know what they do, look like they might affect connection to the server, one of them prevents modem responese to unsoliciated WAN traffic.

But once again I don't really know what most of this means, I'm just thinking maybe the problem could be with us or something.

Try another ship. If that works, ship 02 is just clogged up by Pingzapper users.

Jaquecz
Jun 30, 2014, 05:41 PM
Try another ship. If that works, ship 02 is just clogged up by Pingzapper users.

10/10 would listen 2 again.

If I do it on ship 02, i crash.
If i do it on every other ship.
I'm fine.

Either I got lucky with a login or restarting the tunnel is an unneeded step.
Guess I'll find out in one hour.

Shadowth117
Jun 30, 2014, 10:06 PM

I'm not sure why you think that would matter more than anyone else connecting. It doesn't do anything that makes it more intensive on the server. It just, as tunnel programs do, optimizes how your computer connects with the server. The server wouldn't be receiving any more inputs than normal aside from possibly some DDOSing that might be ongoing.

That Reddit posting would suggest this is occuring: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Routing_loop_problem

which could be the case. In a lot of ways, it would make a lot more sense as to why areas directly outside Japan would experience issues. The closest people to the server outside Japan are in a different situation which can't really confirm anything. But its possible it may just take time for the servers to be reachable by normal means for people outside Japan who aren't SEA.

Technically, there's nothing saying we aren't just blocked completely on purpose aside from providers like Verizon which would suggest otherwise. Really hard to say right now.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 30, 2014, 10:14 PM
what are ways to remedy a routing loop problem?

Sp-24
Jun 30, 2014, 10:17 PM
Americans and east Asians being able to connect isn't that strange in that case, since they are technically the closest to Japan as far as the internet infrastructure goes, and are a lot more likely to have access to a lucky route that isn't experiencing this issue. Would also explain why some people get blocked out of access to the game after rebooting their router, or doing something along the lines. It's people in Europe or Australia not having any trouble that is a little weird, since they are a lot more likely to go through the same gateways to reach Sega.

Which also raises suspicion of an IP block, since it's possible that services like FiOS are just too new to be on every Japanese company's gaijin list.

Shadowth117
Jun 30, 2014, 10:18 PM
Time, mainly. Possibly something from their end, but mainly time until things in the overall network get updated between enough servers and such. Who knows, maybe if we're lucky maint will fix it. Or maybe not.

Gama
Jun 30, 2014, 10:21 PM
Open a command prompt, type tracert gs016.pso2gs.net (that's ship 2 btw), hit enter. If your connection dies before leaving your own country, SEGA cannot help you and this next maintenance will in all likelihood not help one bit. Also don't worry about pinging, trace route is just a series of pings.

Your only recourse in this case would be to wait until your ISP or some backbone telcom verifies that DDoS traffic has died down and allows traffic once more, or ring them yourself and let them give you the run around.

https://copy.com/1Xbcjp01kROnphil

GHNeko
Jun 30, 2014, 10:30 PM
SO.

I caved and used PZ.

Followed the steps to a T.

As soon as I got to the ship select, ALL SHIPS WERE GREEN and I logged in with ZERO problems.

I'm currently stationed in Virginia, USA and my ISP is Cox Communications. Using the Ultimate Internet Package.

I've logged in from a different PC in the past year as well, and I've also gone to a laundromat and played PSO2 on their public wifi.

I'm also married, and my wife plays PSO2 with me, so we've generally had 2 accounts login in the same house hold at the same time. She's also gotten a different PC before too so she's had to reauth just like I did when we started playing again. So I personally have a login history of more than 4 IPs before and at least 2 MAC Addresses.

My wife is currently setting up PZ as i type. Will edit and update with results.

Take that as you will.

GHNeko
Jun 30, 2014, 10:50 PM
Double post because fuck the police.

My wife logged in just fine with PZ as well.

We both had the same login IP address in our login history.

This doesnt mean too much because we're in the same household.

However, if this IP is the same IP address as other people whom use PZ then we might have something to be concerned about.

Maybe.

Sychosis
Jun 30, 2014, 10:51 PM
[snip]
Now that's interesting. With/Without VPN? Can you connect to the game if you keep trying? Your connection seemingly times out one step before you reach the game server. You may be facing the very connection issue SEGA is trying to address with maintenance.

Keep in mind of course that tracert time outs do not necessarily mean the connection dies, just that the ping request does. If the server refuses ping requests your connection will go through but still show up as a time out.

Sp-24
Jun 30, 2014, 10:53 PM
https://copy.com/1Xbcjp01kROnphil
Your route is the same as mine, and the signal times out in the same place.

Also, you hid every IP along the route except the one that makes it easy to identify you.

Now that's interesting. With/Without VPN? Can you connect to the game if you keep trying? Your connection seemingly times out one step before you reach the game server. You may be facing the very connection issue SEGA is trying to address with maintenance.

Keep in mind of course that tracert time outs do not necessarily mean the connection dies, just that the ping request does. If the server refuses ping requests your connection will go through but still show up as a time out.
I had this issue when trying to ping PSO2 servers ever since the servers went up 2 years ago. Could play the game just fine until just recently, though.

GHNeko
Jun 30, 2014, 10:54 PM
Ok. So I'm pretty sure, that anyone who uses Tokyo server for Pingzapper is going to have the same IP in login history.

10000000% certain.

Arksenth
Jun 30, 2014, 11:02 PM
I tried a tracert and the very first step I get a Destination Net Unreachable error. What does that mean? In Canada, Shaw.

GHNeko
Jun 30, 2014, 11:06 PM
You're not rich enough to proceed with the tracert.

HaxMega
Jun 30, 2014, 11:06 PM
I tried a tracert and the very first step I get a Destination Net Unreachable error. What does that mean? In Canada, Shaw.

It means your in the same boat as 95% of us. Not being able to connect to the servers currently because the request is stopping before getting to Japan.

Sychosis
Jun 30, 2014, 11:11 PM
I had this issue when trying to ping PSO2 servers ever since the servers went up 2 years ago. Could play the game just fine until just recently, though.

What issue? Final hop timing out?

I'm looking at another trace that converges with Gama's at 210.171.224.48. Only difference is that right afterward, it jumps to the 4 time outs then proceeds through the remaining 3 hops before making a successful connection.

Gama's (and yours?) route seems to make 4 unnecessary hops. Not that it proves anything.

Sp-24
Jun 30, 2014, 11:26 PM
There we go, just did it again:

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/4FhGMQ9.png[/spoiler-box]
Tracing the route sometimes follows a different path for me, but, for some reason, not when I'm trying to make a screenshot for PSO-W.

Gama
Jun 30, 2014, 11:34 PM
Your route is the same as mine, and the signal times out in the same place.

Also, you hid every IP along the route except the one that makes it easy to identify you.

well i tried xD

only did it cuz i'm not home.

Sychosis
Jun 30, 2014, 11:58 PM
And neither of you can connect? That's a little worrying. Looks like what I would expect a real IP block to look like. Here's hoping it's the same issue JPs are running into and is fixed. Fingers crossed.

Sp-24
Jul 1, 2014, 12:03 AM
Again, I had this issue for two years, it isn't something new for me.

Doctor Krieger
Jul 1, 2014, 12:05 AM
This method seem to be working pretty well for me.

The once mighty B20 slowly repopulates.

The best dancers in PSO2 are working 'round the clock to reclaim the blocks legendary status. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-merv/breakdance.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Y8o3Gqq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/atdAYNl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JNCCwYI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nTT1Oaq.jpg

Chik'Tikka
Jul 1, 2014, 12:08 AM
just decided to try pinging ship 2 tonight+^_^+ decided to extend it to a max of 60 hops, never got to 9...

[SPOILER-BOX]Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\+^_^+>tracert -h 60 gs016.pso2gs.net

Tracing route to gs016.pso2gs.net [210.189.208.16]
over a maximum of 60 hops:

1 4 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms 255.255.255.255
3 15 ms 11 ms 11 ms crr01stptwi-tge-0-4-0-9.stpt.wi.charter.com [255.255.255.255]
4 19 ms 23 ms 23 ms crr02euclwi-bue-1.eucl.wi.charter.com [96.34.16.
194]
5 15 ms 13 ms 16 ms bbr02euclwi-bue-4.eucl.wi.charter.com [96.34.2.6
]
6 33 ms 31 ms 32 ms bbr01chcgil-bue-1.chcg.il.charter.com [96.34.0.9
]
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 chi-bb1-link.telia.net [80.239.167.89] reports: Destination net unreachabl
e.

Trace complete.

C:\Users\+^_^+>[/SPOILER-BOX]

now i get unreacheable..... yesterday it would go the whole 30 with time outs, what this could mean is that backbone router in Chicago is now blocking my pings to sega.jp and the ship 2 servers, i can ping other sites like sega.jp just fine.

my guess is Charter lumped me in with the DDoS cause i did do a lot of pings yesterday (as well as several tabs in multiple browsers trying to get PSO2.jp)+^_^+ i think imma leave it all alone now for a week or so+^_^+

Sychosis
Jul 1, 2014, 12:24 AM
Again, I had this issue for two years, it isn't something new for me.

Ah. Ok. That's what I was asking about before. Bit of a relief that is isn't terribly abnormal then. With any luck, waking up after maintenance will be like Christmas.

NoiseHERO
Jul 1, 2014, 12:28 AM
trying to fight SEGA's servers/your ISP to get in game is officially like grinding to +10 without protects? : O

SnowfoxZero
Jul 1, 2014, 03:16 AM
There is an intentional location ban currently in place by Sega.

Servers/ISPs are not blocking your connection. Get real.

This isn't speculation.

Xaelouse
Jul 1, 2014, 03:21 AM
So I take it your an expert on this subject?

Anyway, I caved in and used this program since it looks like it'll be awhile before 107 gets fixed. Thankfully I'm on ship 6 so I dont have to deal with silly time-outs.
It's working splendidly. It's no different from taking a trip to japan.

IndignationSWF
Jul 1, 2014, 03:23 AM
There is an intentional location ban currently in place by Sega.

Servers/ISPs are not blocking your connection. Get real.

This isn't speculation.

Interesting idea when a good amount of people can get in with minimal fuss problem.

SnowfoxZero
Jul 1, 2014, 03:29 AM
So I take it your an expert on this subject?

Anyway, I caved in and used this program since it looks like it'll be awhile before 107 gets fixed. Thankfully I'm on ship 6 so I dont have to deal with silly time-outs.
It's working splendidly. It's no different from taking a trip to japan.
Pretty much. It works for the same reason a Japanese VPN works.

Interesting idea when a good amount of people can get in with minimal fuss problem.

It's not just an idea, but whether its permanent or not, that's a different story.

MDashK
Jul 1, 2014, 03:32 AM
It's people in Europe or Australia not having any trouble that is a little weird, since they are a lot more likely to go through the same gateways to reach Sega.

That's not true.
I already stated a few times in here that I'm in Portugal.
With my ISP at work, I can access with time-outs in changing blocks and login.
At home, can't even pass the 249 error and 107 at launcher.

My tracert, on both ISPs, the way is EXACTLY the same, but at home, I pass through another server, but increases my ping time. When I try to reach the destiny, it fails, while in my work ISP, the route, altough it seems the same, the ping is not that high, so I get timeouts but eventually are able to login.

Qualia
Jul 1, 2014, 05:05 AM
Any confirmation as to whether or not this shares IPs?

Shadowth117
Jul 1, 2014, 05:17 AM
It's not just an idea, but whether its permanent or not, that's a different story.

That source though.

They really would have no reason not to state it by now if it were the case, unless they're waiting for the update to happen. And really, I'm very much doubting it given SEGA had to be payed off in a contract to block out SEA to begin with. Not to mention various random ISP's are getting through aside from JP ones.

Logically, given Japan's size they'd probably want to just go ahead and go to a whitelisting style of security checking. Yeah its SEGA we're talking here, but most of this just sounds like conspiracy bullshit no one can prove one way or the other. Are you going to start arguing about outer space teacups next?... sadly I doubt many people here will even understand that reference.

Zipzo
Jul 1, 2014, 06:27 AM

You mean only people using verizon fiber optic connections (not many people).

nanamin
Jul 1, 2014, 06:33 AM

I think it's about time that we start checking with each other to see if the IP is actually shared. We can start a poll like following:

Choose which range your IP is when using PZ.
1. 106.186.XXX.001 to 106.186.XXX.050
2. 106.186.XXX.051 to 106.186.XXX.100
3. 106.186.XXX.101 to 106.186.XXX.150
4. 106.186.XXX.151 to 106.186.XXX.200

or something... Just an idea

GHNeko
Jul 1, 2014, 07:30 AM

Pretty sure we do.

http://i.imgur.com/GsH0Ti4.png

This is the IP I get when I ping the Tokyo Server with Pingzapper.

This is also the IP both me and my wife got when we checked our login history.

Pretty sure people who've used Pingzapper will confirm this is the same IP in their login history.

Best case scenario, it looks as if all these accounts are logging in from public wifi because we're still using our own MAC Addresses, meaning no flag triggers and Sega doesnt bat an eyelash our way.

Worst cast? Welll.....

dat b&

Edson Drake
Jul 1, 2014, 07:36 AM
I don't think the maintenance is going to fix the issue, but I do believe that the issue will get fixed given enough time, say, in about a month.

I'm going to try Pingzapper tomorrow just to get the tickets before they expire and keep waiting(or not) for a solution.

MDashK
Jul 1, 2014, 07:42 AM
Best case scenario, it looks as if all these accounts are logging in from public wifi because we're still using our own MAC Addresses, meaning no flag triggers and Sega doesnt bat an eyelash our way.

I agree with this.
I usually use 2 IPs latelly, one fixed and other that almost 100% shure changes from time to time.
But also, I used to login at my mother's house also, different IP, and I'm pretty shure a lot of people in or outside of Japan log in game with public wifi and etc...

So, I believe, that has long we have our MAC address fixed, the IP won't be an issue.

nanamin
Jul 1, 2014, 07:44 AM
Yep I confirm that the IP is shared in PZ. The login history gives 106.186.116.160 for me too. Bummer...

For now SEGA's banning mechanism is PROBABLY based on MAC addresses, but who knows, they may change it, and then it's game over for all of us.

MDashK
Jul 1, 2014, 07:46 AM
Just an update on my connections:

At work, used to get ships unknown status and have to try to login 4 or 5 times with connection time outs.
Just now, everything was Normal and logged in at first, no time out issue. =)

Still... can't connect at home...

UPDATE: Just got disconnected selling some stuff and back to the regular Unknown / time-out login. XD

cheatpso
Jul 1, 2014, 08:28 AM
ping zapper is just a vpn you n00bs

moorebounce
Jul 1, 2014, 08:42 AM
I was getting connection problems with PZ until I manually made it tunnel Tokyo instead of letting it do it automatically.

TaigaUC
Jul 1, 2014, 09:09 AM
Just saw this link, gonna dump it here since it's relevant to our current problem:
http://www.prolexic.com/knowledge-center-ddos-threat-advisory-dns-flooder-infographic.html

In a new twist on distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, the DNS Flooder toolkit enables malicious actors to purchase, set up and use their own DNS servers to launch reflection attacks without the need to find open and vulnerable DNS servers on the Internet. This DDoS method allows malicious actors to launch powerful cyber attacks without having to spend considerable time and resources building an army of bots through malware infections.

GHNeko
Jul 1, 2014, 09:12 AM
ping zapper is just a vpn you n00bs

g8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

EDIT: There is a difference in how PZ works and how VPNs generally work.

So i'd say they're in the same family, but they're not really the same exact thing.

This is why it's called a tunneling program and not a VPN.

Jaquecz
Jul 1, 2014, 09:40 AM
GG pso2.
At least for everyone who needs PZ in-order to connect to the game, and can only do it via tweaker. (AKA:gets 107 on offical launcher no matter what)
I tried the official launcher with and without PZ.
Both times I got 107's.
If anyone else has this issue, after wednesday if you can't launch the official launcher, you don't get to play PSO2 because you can't patch for the new content.

:(